Your Story Wedding & Event Planning Reviews

11 | Fairbanks, AK

11 Reviews for Your Story Wedding & Event Planning

Marian Aguilar · Getting married on 06/06/2022

One of the best decisions we made

When we were planning our wedding, my husband and I weren't sure about hiring a wedding planner. At that point, we had most of our vendors lined up and we felt pretty good about the planning process. What did we need a planner for? Then a friend brought up the idea of having a day-of coordinator so we could relax on our wedding day and focus on the getting married part, and less on the last minute details and putting it all together part. We thought that was a smart idea and started our search for a day-of coordinator....and that's how we found Erin from Your Story AK.

From our first meeting with her we knew she was exactly what we were looking for in a coordinator. We wanted someone with experience, with connections to our local vendors, someone who was familiar with most of the wedding venues in town, and someone reliable and competent and confident they can get the job done and make our day the best and most beautiful day ever. That was Erin in a nutshell. Planning a wedding is very stressful, and that is especially true when you plan on getting married no matter what: even when there's a pandemic.

About two weeks before our wedding our venue decided to cancel on us. Erin really stepped above and beyond what we hired her for and helped us to secure another venue. She was on top of keeping track of the health mandates our state put out, and figuring out how we can adjust our plans to fit in to those mandates so we can celebrate our day. She kept us on track, and we had back up plans on top of back of plans and more back up plans. Through it all our wedding day turned out to be a perfect day, and that is all thanks to Erin and her girls. They are rockstars!

10 out of 10 would hire again. If you are looking for a wedding planner or just a day-of coordinator, Erin is your lady. Hire her, you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/16/2020

Matt Kelly · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Absolutely Amazing

My wife and I recently got married in Fairbanks and we were fortunate enough to have Erin Chalstrom as our wedding planner. Erin was friendly, organized, personable, and communicative throughout the entire planning process. We could tell from the get go that she and her team knew what they doing, which was fantastic because my wife and I were living in the lower 48 during the months before the wedding. Having Erin and her team in our corner took all the stress out of planning.

If you’re looking for a professional wedding planner, Erin Chalstrom is the person you want.

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Candy

Candy · Married on 02/13/2020

Best decided I made

Erin at Your Story Event Planning was our wedding planner and we continue to talk about how it was the best decision we made for the big day. She kept every detail of the day and days prior organized giving us peace of mind to focus on each other and our guest. Erin put such care and understanding our vision and idea, for example we are big hockey people and wanted to get married official on the ice. She facilitated 2 different ceremonies with in hours of each other. While keeping everything organized including the family members and guest going to both services. She communicate cleanly about what information she would need ahead of our wedding day. She check in with us through out the day about how we were feeling and help us in a stress free manner. She allowed us to have the best wedding day imaginable.

Sent on 03/03/2020

Kelsey · Married on 09/03/2017

Erin was hands down the best decision my husband Sean and I made when we began planning our wedding nine months ago. Not only did she give us the best options on all of our vendors, DJ, venue, caterer, cake maker - She took the inspiration for the theme we were interested in capturing and created a more perfect wedding day than we ever could have imagined! She helped with every single detail of the planning, and then put into action, both prior to and on the wedding day, everything we had discussed to make our dream a reality. Surprise after surprise on the day of the wedding we fell more in love with the what we had envisioned and she had made a reality. She also kept us on track, and our timeline was flawless. She worked very hard to make sure we could enjoy every second of the planning process, and the actual day of. I guarantee she would make any dream you could possibly have for your special day an even better reality that you could have hoped for. Thanks for everything, Erin!

- Love, Sean & Kelsey Fowler

Sent on 09/06/2017

Kayla · Married on 10/22/2016

The first thing I tell someone when they ask for tips on planning a wedding and I say to call YSEP and meet with Erin, I don't know what I would have done without her! She made sure I was on track during the 10 month planning we had and was there on the wedding day to coordinate everything. She made sure both locations were set up and ready to go and all I had to do on my wedding day was drink champagne and get ready!~ Best day ever! ♥

Sent on 11/25/2016

Me and my new hubby were married on 7/15 of this year. A couple of months ago, our wedding planning went into crisis. Our venue became a mess, we had issues with our caterer, it was just horrible. I had never considered a planner before, but reached out to Erin and let me tell you, she came through! She added us to her busy summer wedding calendar and from day one, she worked so so hard for us. All of our vendor changes were on point, and there was nothing left unturned, unfinished, or not thought of. She took my lose vision and turned it into a wedding that made me cry with happy happy tears. I was able to relax with my girls on wedding morning instead of being busy setting up and literally, my bridesmaids and me teared up when we saw how beautiful she had made the reception hall! EVERYONE at our wedding had incredible things to say, including "it was the most fun wedding I've ever been to", "that was the most well organized wedding I've ever seen." She found me a wonderful DJ, caterer, alterations, florist... everything. She made sure we had drinks in our hands and were fed from pictures to our dance. If you have not thought about having a coordinator, you should go ahead and just hire Erin. I promise you, it is worth it! She finds your vendors and handles all the communication. So well organized, always a smile on her face and getting work done and obviously loves what she does. Our wedding would NOT have been as amazing or stress free without her. Everyone is still talking about it! We could not have imagined a more perfect wedding to have in our hearts forever. Thank you Erin - you saved our special day!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Julie · Married on 06/30/2016

At first I wasn't sure that I wanted or needed a wedding planner, but after the planning started and my busy schedule at work I knew that I needed someone to help me. Erin at Your Story Wedding & Event Planning was the best money we spent on the entire wedding by far! She was able to make everything a breeze for me and keep it stree-free. She kept the vendors organized and anything I need was either a email or phone call away! She took planning from being stressful to something fun and I wouldn't change my experience for the world! And honestly I wouldn't have been able handle the wedding day without her! Just her support kept me calm, organized and on track for the day. If you are debating on hiring her do it! You will not regret it one bit! I know I dont!

Sent on 09/06/2016

After getting engaged in Alabama in the fall of 2013, I knew that planning my June 2015 wedding in ALASKA would be a task I was not ready to take on alone. I didn't know the area, the contacts, other vendors - nothing. I browsed the internet hoping to find the perfect wedding coordinator who I felt could help me plan the wedding of my dreams. I tend to be a control freak, so this was a task for someone special. I knew it couldn't be just any ole party planner. When I came across Erin's facebook page, and after our first couple of emails to each other I just knew she would be the one to help me tackle the greatest event to take place in my life thus far! And BOY am I glad I went to Erin for that feat. She has a brilliant mind when it comes to party planning, let me tell ya! She told me she would work with me to bring my vision to life, and she did all that and more. I cannot express the gratitude I feel for what Erin (and her family!) did to help me and my husband on our wedding day, and for the nearly 2 years leading up to it!!

When you work with someone on a project so near and dear to your heart you need that person to be a professional, yet a friend. I never once doubted her mind, or friendship. Her ideas were innovative, and she is as efficient as they come. When I started to feel panicked, or needed a quick escape from the to-do list that was building in my mind, I knew Erin would be there at the other end answering my emails and texts, leaving little to no lag time - which eased my mind a ton!

I look forward to working with Erin in the future - we will be back to plan future events. You made a forever client out of this girl! :)

Sent on 07/30/2015

Alison · Married on 06/13/2015

Erin is fantastic! We enjoyed every minute of our wedding, and we couldn't have done it without her. She is very organized and professional and we would recommend her to anyone needing an event planner.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Liya · Married on 08/09/2014

We loved having Erin as our wedding planner. She was so wonderful to work with! She was a great listener and made sure all of our ideas were implemented on the wedding day, but also added her own suggestions - all of which were fantastic! She was there to answer any questions we had - no matter how silly or complicated they were. She made a detailed schedule for the wedding day along with a complete layout of the ceremony and reception locations outlining the set-up and placement of decorations. Erin worked with all of our vendors to make sure everything (and everyone) arrived precisely on time, and directed our friends and family during the set up to make sure everything was set up exactly the way we wanted. She gracefully and tactfully solved any problems that we ran into on the day of and took all of the stress out of the planning process, which allowed us to really relax and enjoy our special day.

Sent on 04/30/2015

Tammy · Married on 07/26/2014

We choose Erin as our wedding planner for our wedding last July, and not only did she do an amazing and professional job, she became a friend to us. I am immensely impressed by Erin’s ability to bring together a random collection of thoughts and ideas into a beautiful, cohesive and elegant setting, all within my set budget.
    After getting engaged I knew immediately we would be hiring a planner to help us with our big day, the stress of all the details and coordination of so many pieces was going to be much too handle for us. After meeting Erin one time, I had no doubts she was who we would hire. She was very clear on what services she offered and those that she did not, which I appreciated so there were no surprises. We had a lot of ‘bumps’ along our planning journey, everything from special menu requests, family members with strong opinions and selecting venues. Erin was excellent in navigating us through all of these issues and made the process one that was enjoyable and carefree.
    I give to Erin a glowing reference, she is smart, efficient and a total blast to work with.

Sent on 05/13/2015