Your Custom Ceremony Reviews

103 Reviews for Your Custom Ceremony

• Shannen

Shannen Y. · Married on 01/30/2021

Amazing Experience!!

Chris made our ceremony so special, he really catered to our every need and it was more amazing than I could’ve imagined. I would recommend him to any and all of my own friends getting married in a heartbeat.

Sent on 01/31/2021
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 12/23/2020

Chris saved our wedding!

24 hours before our ceremony, our officiant cancelled and we had to scatter to find a new officiant. I was freaking out to say the least. After a google search and looking over his reviews, I decided to give Chris a call. He called me back almost instantly. His communication was amazing and so professional.

He gave me run down and was honest with me in letting me know, that he had never done a wedding on such short notice before. He let me know he really like to get to know his couples before hand, so this was something very new to him and he was willing to give it a shot.

We met with him via Zoom the night before our wedding and he gave us our homework question, which in my opinion was one of the highlights of our ceremony. He showed up on time and was so patient with us (santa ana winds and a fire broke out less than 10 minutes from us, less than an hour before our ceremony). Our friends and family attended via zoom and all they could talk about after was how amazing Chris was and I even had a few people reach out for his info! He is beyond amazing at what he does and he really completed our ceremony and completely saved it. Chris is hands down the best of the best and worth every penny. Thank you Chris for everything you did for us!

Sent on 01/15/2021
  • Deniz

Deniz K. · Married on 11/07/2020

Chris is the ABSOLUTE best!!!

We are wedding planners who recently had a wedding in Costa Mesa. Chris provided such a heartfelt ceremony that was so true to our couple. He was able to make the crowd laugh and found a perfect way to honor the couple's special traditions. They were worried about how they were going to Break the Glass and Jump the Broom in the same ceremony but with Chris' expertise he guided the couple and their witnesses through a perfectly scripted and timed ceremony.

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Micah

Micah C. · Married on 10/10/2020

Great time

Having hired Chris was one of the best things I did. I wanted a black person to officiate my wedding and Chris did not disappoint. My family and friends all said that they enjoyed the way he handled the ceremony as well as I and my now husband. The homework was a different and nice touch to give our guests an inside look at our relationship. He was very professional and personable. Mr. Dickens added that special touch of uniqueness and wow factor that made our wedding the most memorable day. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Micah! I had a lot of fun at your wedding and I love the pictures. I appreciate your kind words and I am glad that you were pleased with your ceremony. Blessings!
  • Chrismen

Chrismen O. · Married on 10/03/2020

Just great

Chris was very very flexible and helpful through the whole process. The pandemic put a big thorn in our plans but Chris was supportive through the many rescheduled dates and technical difficulties. My wife was very happy with the end result and Chris was instrumental in that.

Sent on 11/02/2020

Lauren · Married on 09/19/2020

Exceptional

Simply put: Chris made our wedding ceremony. He was an absolute pleasure to work with in a time of total uncertainty. I highly recommend you do his “homework” option for your day. People raved to us about how special his ceremony was. We owe so much to Chris for providing us with an incredible and touching ceremony.

Sent on 10/27/2020

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Wow! Thanks, Lauren! I had a lot of fun sharing your story and it was cool to meet people that I had similar geeky interests. I am glad that you were happy with your ceremony. I was glad to be there. Blessings!

Shelby G. · Married on 09/19/2020

If you need someone to officiate your special day, look no further!

I knew we made the right choice from the first email we received from Chris! He was responsive, friendly, dynamic and genuine and made planning our ceremony a breeze! He was interested in learning more about us and our story, to truly tailor everything about our ceremony to us. He was extremely helpful with suggestions and very open to anything we wanted to add or edit!

On the big day, he brought the energy and did an incredible job articulating our story and making our ceremony beautiful and memorable. We can’t thank him enough!!!

Sent on 12/15/2020

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you, Shelby! I enjoyed meeting and speaking with you and Chris, and I had a lot of fun at your wedding and I loved your story. Blessings!

Jeanine D. · Married on 07/02/2020

awesome job!

Chris was amazing. He helped us out at the last minute when our NY wedding got canceled due to COVID. 3 weeks before our date we decided to elope on the beach in CA. Chris was super responsive and accommodating, and helped make our ceremony perfect even though it wasn’t what we originally planned. Very flexible and easy to work with, and gave us great suggestions on places to do the ceremony in Orange County. He even has a photographer recommendation for a great price! Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/10/2020
  • Braya

Braya · Married on 06/06/2020

Great Job!

We lived having Chris for our wedding and premarital coaching. He has grown very dear to us, would recommend for others

Sent on 06/08/2020
  • Melissa

Melissa M. · Married on 04/24/2020

Exceptional

Finding an officiant can be such an incredibly daunting task - you really only have two choices: 1) Select a friend/family member or 2) Hire a professional. I don't say it lightly when I express how Chris is so much more than a professional officiant, he is a truly exceptional human. One who possess such a kindhearted, charismatic spirit. He makes it feel like you've known each other for years and through his tried & true methods, can so expertly craft your ceremony to feel just that, yours. At no point did I feel that this was just another wedding for Chris. He gave us the attention and space to craft a beautiful moment, together.

Sent on 12/16/2020

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much Melissa. I loved your wedding and how intimate it was, and I absolutely adored your story. The history that you two have made it easy to work with you. Your family and friends were a blast too. Thanks for the awesome review!
  • Connie

Connie · Married on 02/29/2020

A truly special wedding

Chris handled our wedding professionally and with care. He took the time to learn about our story by assigning us homework and made it unique to us as a couple.
    Many of our guests came up to ask how we found Chris and if he was a friend of ours because he spoke about us as if he had known us for years.
    This is what you want people to remember about your wedding. I look forward to seeing him at our friends’ weddings in the future. Thank you, Chris!

Sent on 03/02/2020

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Connie. I love your story and I enjoyed telling it for your friends and family. Your wedding was beautiful and I was glad to be a part of it.
  • Mone

Mone M. · Married on 02/14/2020

The perfect ceremony!!

Chris is such a wonderful officiant! Hilarious, nice, charismatic, and engaging, he made our ceremony really fun but also very sweet. We got so many compliments about the ceremony after. It was really well-balanced and Chris figured out ways to involve our audience that they really enjoyed. If you want the best ceremony ever, hire Chris!! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 02/20/2020

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Moné! I had a lot of fun with your wedding and your crowd was awesome! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your big day! Blessings!

Lawanda R. · Married on 12/08/2019

Phenomenal

Chris made sure our wedding ceremony was AMAZING! He sat down with us through our pre-marital counseling and made sure my wife and I really took the time to understand each other. Working with Chris did not feel as though we were working with someone we did not know. In fact, it seemed as though Chris was a friend that knew us our entire lives. He is both genuine and funny, which made our wedding feel genuine but rather funny. He provides 5 star service and is ALWAYS on time! I’d highly recommend you use Chris, he’s worth it and you’ll be satisfied. We definitely made sure we referred him to our engaged family and friends.

Sent on 02/08/2020

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Lawanda. I had a lot of fun in premarital with you guys and at your wedding with your friends and family. Blessings!

Essence L. · Married on 11/22/2019

A Highlight of Our Special Day

I am super late in writing this review. It has been a little over a year since our wedding in November 2019 and whenever people reminisce about our big day they comment on how AMAZING our officiant was. I concur!! The process with Chris from day 1 to the very end was easy, pleasant and most importantly FUN!! Every wedding ceremony I have been to is a SNOOZE fest and I knew for our day that was the LAST thing I wanted. When we did our interview FaceTime call with Chris to see if he was the right fit we were cracking up the whole time and it felt very natural - like talking to an old friend. The second my (now) husband and I ended the initial interview call, we looked at each other and said “DONE! He’s the one!” Easy clear choice. We trusted Chris’ process and appreciated his experience. When we began planning, Chris was very communicative on what was needed from us and by when. We had several choices for each section of the ceremony. Everything was incredibly organized and easy to run through. We loved his ideas on how to make our ceremony “not boring” (priority 1), different and fun all while keeping the traditional elements of the ceremony that were important to us in tact. Chris had us answer questions about each other and about our relationship to reveal at the wedding called “homework” which was a fun element of the planning process (Homework fun? Yes, that’s what I said!) Before the wedding we also received a full document from Chris with the ceremony script so we could make any adjustments we wanted. It was nice to not have any surprises day of (besides the homework answers) and EVEN MORE AMAZING, that we will forever have the full script of our wedding ceremony. How special is that!? Again, my husband and I have now celebrated a year of marriage and several people have STILL mentioned how amazing our officiant was. If you’re considering Chris to be your officiant, don’t hesitate! There’s no one else that needs to officiate weddings. I’m just convinced. ‘Your Custom Ceremony’ & Chris provide a value that lives beyond the wedding day. Thank you!

Sent on 12/04/2020

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Wow! Thank you for that awesome review Essence. Your wedding was a lot of fun and I was honored to be a part of it. Blessings!

Hannah C. · Married on 11/15/2019

Beyond Amazing!

Chris was incredible! He responded instantly and put in so much time to get to know my husband and I. The ceremony was perfectly crafted to us, it was beyond what we imagined. Everyone has told us how great he was. The ceremony was beautiful, emotional, funny, and sentimental. It definitely wasn’t the kind of ceremony you’re bored at. I can’t recommend him enough!!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Hannah. I loved being a part of your day. I really enjoyed meeting your friends and families and I loved getting to know you and Jordan. God bless!

Candice W. · Married on 10/26/2019

Phenomenal Wedding Officiant

We would absolutely recommend Chris and Your Custom Ceremony. I came across his company in early 2019 after getting engaged and starting the wedding planning process, then like many other couples 2020 changed our plans. We decided to proceed with a 2020 Micro-wedding and Chris was flexible with our changing plans, encouraging along the way, and very knowledgable helping us to navigate the process. He was phenomenal and we were very grateful to have him as part of our important life milestone. Chris helped to make our ceremony everything we wanted and more.

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Melonie

Melonie C. · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing! We all felt like family!

Having Chris as our officiant was truly like having a member of the family marrying us. His homework assignments allowed us to put our personal touches into the ceremony. I learned soo much about my partner in the process and hearing his answers in the ceremony for the first time nearly made me cry. Chris had our guest involved in the ceremony and everyone really enjoyed this part about our wedding. He was professional, on time and brought the laughs. It was perfect!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Melonie. I had a lot of fun sharing your story and those touching details. Thank you for letting me be a part of your big day. Congrats.
  • Autumn

Autumn · Married on 10/19/2019

Chris is hands down the BEST!

Chris offered such an amazing service and it was by far the best experience of our lives. He is detailed, passionate and goes above and beyond to provide the best wedding ceremony ever! Highly recommend!

From the first initial meeting, to the actual ceremony to mailing off marriage listened, he was prompt, thorough and just a pleasure to work with.

All of our guest said that he was a cut above and provided the best customized ceremony ever!

Without Chris the magic wouldn’t have been there and we are so happy he was apart of our special day!

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Tangi

Tangi B. · Married on 08/31/2019

Excellent!

Our experience working with Chris was FANTASTIC!! I am so glad we chose him to be part of our special day! He was very warm welcoming, organized, communicated expectations clearly, overall the best pick we could have ever made. We interviewed several folks prior and nothing compared to the service, quality, and experience of working with Chris. His personality was everything-such a fun, loving, energetic person by nature. We enjoyed working with him throughout the entire process and our guests enjoyed his style for our ceremony. I can't thank him enough!!!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Tangi. I had a lot of fun meeting your friends and family, and I loved sharing your story on your big day. Blessings!
  • MacKenzee

Mackenzee T. · Married on 08/02/2019

Unforgettable, even a year later!

First, I rarely write reviews of any sort. I’m taking the time almost a YEAR later to write this review simply because the amazing experience Chris provided it’s STILL the talk of all our guests. His intimate message and humor during our ceremony was actually highlighted quite a bit in our wedding video instead of a song, per our request because he truly took the time to know us individually, as a couple and our vision for our wedding. We knew his words were more important and memorable than any wedding video song. On our first anniversary this Aug. my husband and I talked about what stood out the most at our wedding? What were our most unforgettable parts we cherished still? What things were our guests still raving about? And both of us instantly thought “Chris and Your Custom Ceremony.” We used the digital Copies Chris provided us from the ceremony on our anniversary and read them together. Chris used many tools to get to know who we were and our unique love story and came up with MAGIC on our wedding day. Everyone that attended our wedding was blown away by his charisma, humor, confidence, ability to tell our love story and in general the experience he provided. Honestly, a lot of details from that day were a blurr but we are so forever grateful that Chris’ words still stick in our minds to this day. Thank you a million times over to Your Custom Ceremony for being one of the very BEST parts of our wedding day!

Sent on 12/12/2020

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Wow! Thank you, MJ for that awesome review! Your wedding was one of my favorites and I love your video. Keep in touch! Blessings!
  • Caleeta

Caleeta · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazingly wonderful

Make the experience super amazing. It was one less thing I had to stress about. He was very easy to work with and listened to my needs.

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Kyla

Kyla · Married on 07/12/2019

Everything we could’ve asked for!

My husband and I got married back in July and I’m so glad we had Chris to help us customize our ceremony to exactly how we wanted it. He was so helpful throughout the process and truly made our wedding intimate and beyond beautiful. Everyone was crying, including me and the groom (well almost). He was super professional, so friendly, and was treating us as if we were family. He even brought the supplies for our sand ceremony because I told him we had forgotten it. I have no regrets and would definitely recommend him to anyone else looking for an officiant!

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 07/05/2019

Still receiving compliments on our ceremony!

From the moment we spoke with Chris, we knew he was going to be the perfect officiant for our wedding. And I have to admit, even with very high expectations, Chris went above and beyond all expectations. My wife and I come from several different cultural and religious backgrounds, and we wanted our ceremony to touch on each culture without being overly religious. Chris was able to find a perfect balance and did so wonderfully. What I appreciate the most is that Chris was able to lead a ceremony based on our love and history together. We're about two weeks removed from our big day, and we're still receiving non-stop compliments as to how memorable our ceremony was. Chris was able to deliver everything we could ask for and more, and if you want your guests to be wowed by a customized and unique ceremony, he is no doubt your guy

Sent on 07/15/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback Alex. You two had a great story and getting to know you was a lot of fun. I was honored and blessed to be a part of your big day.
  • LaResha

Laresha · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing! A must!

Chris is absolutely AMAZING!! If you do not hire him you are making a big mistake. He brought so much to the wedding. He set the tone of love, laughter and joy for my wedding. He is phenomenal!!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Jennifer L. · Married on 06/19/2019

Beach Wedding from Ohio

I was born in New Port Beach California, but live in Ohio now. My wife and I really wanted to get married on the beach and I really wanted to get married where my life began. We contacted Chris through his website and he was amazing enough to skype with us for our first initial meeting. Even through a laptop battery dying and finishing through our cell phone we knew Chris was perfect for us. He went out of his way to help us with a photographer and was super flexible. The ceremony was exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 11/19/2019