Your Custom Ceremony Reviews

91 | Huntington Beach, CA

91 Reviews for Your Custom Ceremony

• Deniz

Deniz King · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Chris is the ABSOLUTE best!!!

We are wedding planners who recently had a wedding in Costa Mesa. Chris provided such a heartfelt ceremony that was so true to our couple. He was able to make the crowd laugh and found a perfect way to honor the couple's special traditions. They were worried about how they were going to Break the Glass and Jump the Broom in the same ceremony but with Chris' expertise he guided the couple and their witnesses through a perfectly scripted and timed ceremony.

Sent on 02/17/2020

Jeanine Denny · Married on 07/02/2020

awesome job!

Chris was amazing. He helped us out at the last minute when our NY wedding got canceled due to COVID. 3 weeks before our date we decided to elope on the beach in CA. Chris was super responsive and accommodating, and helped make our ceremony perfect even though it wasn’t what we originally planned. Very flexible and easy to work with, and gave us great suggestions on places to do the ceremony in Orange County. He even has a photographer recommendation for a great price! Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/10/2020
  • Braya

Braya · Married on 06/06/2020

Great Job!

We lived having Chris for our wedding and premarital coaching. He has grown very dear to us, would recommend for others

Sent on 06/08/2020
  • Connie

Connie · Married on 02/29/2020

A truly special wedding

Chris handled our wedding professionally and with care. He took the time to learn about our story by assigning us homework and made it unique to us as a couple.
    Many of our guests came up to ask how we found Chris and if he was a friend of ours because he spoke about us as if he had known us for years.
    This is what you want people to remember about your wedding. I look forward to seeing him at our friends’ weddings in the future. Thank you, Chris!

Sent on 03/02/2020

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Connie. I love your story and I enjoyed telling it for your friends and family. Your wedding was beautiful and I was glad to be a part of it.
  • Mone

Mone Miller · Married on 02/14/2020

The perfect ceremony!!

Chris is such a wonderful officiant! Hilarious, nice, charismatic, and engaging, he made our ceremony really fun but also very sweet. We got so many compliments about the ceremony after. It was really well-balanced and Chris figured out ways to involve our audience that they really enjoyed. If you want the best ceremony ever, hire Chris!! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 02/20/2020

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Moné! I had a lot of fun with your wedding and your crowd was awesome! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your big day! Blessings!

Lawanda Rowles · Married on 12/08/2019

Phenomenal

Chris made sure our wedding ceremony was AMAZING! He sat down with us through our pre-marital counseling and made sure my wife and I really took the time to understand each other. Working with Chris did not feel as though we were working with someone we did not know. In fact, it seemed as though Chris was a friend that knew us our entire lives. He is both genuine and funny, which made our wedding feel genuine but rather funny. He provides 5 star service and is ALWAYS on time! I’d highly recommend you use Chris, he’s worth it and you’ll be satisfied. We definitely made sure we referred him to our engaged family and friends.

Sent on 02/08/2020

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Lawanda. I had a lot of fun in premarital with you guys and at your wedding with your friends and family. Blessings!

Hannah Collom · Married on 11/15/2019

Beyond Amazing!

Chris was incredible! He responded instantly and put in so much time to get to know my husband and I. The ceremony was perfectly crafted to us, it was beyond what we imagined. Everyone has told us how great he was. The ceremony was beautiful, emotional, funny, and sentimental. It definitely wasn’t the kind of ceremony you’re bored at. I can’t recommend him enough!!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much Hannah. I loved being a part of your day. I really enjoyed meeting your friends and families and I loved getting to know you and Jordan. God bless!
  • Melonie

Melonie Chambers · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing! We all felt like family!

Having Chris as our officiant was truly like having a member of the family marrying us. His homework assignments allowed us to put our personal touches into the ceremony. I learned soo much about my partner in the process and hearing his answers in the ceremony for the first time nearly made me cry. Chris had our guest involved in the ceremony and everyone really enjoyed this part about our wedding. He was professional, on time and brought the laughs. It was perfect!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Melonie. I had a lot of fun sharing your story and those touching details. Thank you for letting me be a part of your big day. Congrats.
  • Autumn

Autumn · Married on 10/19/2019

Chris is hands down the BEST!

Chris offered such an amazing service and it was by far the best experience of our lives. He is detailed, passionate and goes above and beyond to provide the best wedding ceremony ever! Highly recommend!

From the first initial meeting, to the actual ceremony to mailing off marriage listened, he was prompt, thorough and just a pleasure to work with.

All of our guest said that he was a cut above and provided the best customized ceremony ever!

Without Chris the magic wouldn’t have been there and we are so happy he was apart of our special day!

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Tangi

Tangi Brantley · Married on 08/31/2019

Excellent!

Our experience working with Chris was FANTASTIC!! I am so glad we chose him to be part of our special day! He was very warm welcoming, organized, communicated expectations clearly, overall the best pick we could have ever made. We interviewed several folks prior and nothing compared to the service, quality, and experience of working with Chris. His personality was everything-such a fun, loving, energetic person by nature. We enjoyed working with him throughout the entire process and our guests enjoyed his style for our ceremony. I can't thank him enough!!!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Tangi. I had a lot of fun meeting your friends and family, and I loved sharing your story on your big day. Blessings!
  • Caleeta

Caleeta · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazingly wonderful

Make the experience super amazing. It was one less thing I had to stress about. He was very easy to work with and listened to my needs.

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Kyla

Kyla · Married on 07/12/2019

Everything we could’ve asked for!

My husband and I got married back in July and I’m so glad we had Chris to help us customize our ceremony to exactly how we wanted it. He was so helpful throughout the process and truly made our wedding intimate and beyond beautiful. Everyone was crying, including me and the groom (well almost). He was super professional, so friendly, and was treating us as if we were family. He even brought the supplies for our sand ceremony because I told him we had forgotten it. I have no regrets and would definitely recommend him to anyone else looking for an officiant!

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 07/05/2019

Still receiving compliments on our ceremony!

From the moment we spoke with Chris, we knew he was going to be the perfect officiant for our wedding. And I have to admit, even with very high expectations, Chris went above and beyond all expectations. My wife and I come from several different cultural and religious backgrounds, and we wanted our ceremony to touch on each culture without being overly religious. Chris was able to find a perfect balance and did so wonderfully. What I appreciate the most is that Chris was able to lead a ceremony based on our love and history together. We're about two weeks removed from our big day, and we're still receiving non-stop compliments as to how memorable our ceremony was. Chris was able to deliver everything we could ask for and more, and if you want your guests to be wowed by a customized and unique ceremony, he is no doubt your guy

Sent on 07/15/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback Alex. You two had a great story and getting to know you was a lot of fun. I was honored and blessed to be a part of your big day.
  • LaResha

LaResha · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing! A must!

Chris is absolutely AMAZING!! If you do not hire him you are making a big mistake. He brought so much to the wedding. He set the tone of love, laughter and joy for my wedding. He is phenomenal!!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Jennifer Lowe · Married on 06/19/2019

Beach Wedding from Ohio

I was born in New Port Beach California, but live in Ohio now. My wife and I really wanted to get married on the beach and I really wanted to get married where my life began. We contacted Chris through his website and he was amazing enough to skype with us for our first initial meeting. Even through a laptop battery dying and finishing through our cell phone we knew Chris was perfect for us. He went out of his way to help us with a photographer and was super flexible. The ceremony was exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Edwards · Married on 06/07/2019

Absolutely fantastic!

Chris was absolutely amazing! We were complimented by many of our guests on how amazing Chris was at keeping the ceremony serious while also making it funny and inclusive. He also helped when I forgot my vows, LOL! He also made sure to send our entire ceremony to us prior to the wedding to allow us to add/remove any information or material that was in there that we did not like. It was truly CUSTOM! I would absolutely recommend Chris to any of my friends that may be getting married soon!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for your awesome review Alyssa. I had a blast hanging out with you guys and planning your ceremony, and then the big day was a lot of fun as well. Thank you for letting me be part of it. Blessings!

Chris · Married on 06/01/2019

Highlight of the Ceremony

When I was originally debating whether to hire an officiant or to have a family member perform those duties, the sentiment which swayed me was, "You don't have to have a professional when things go according to plan, but only a professional can make the unexpected hiccups look like they were planned."

And I've got to say, Chris is a total professional.

All was going well until about three minutes before we were supposed to walk down the aisle. Then we had sound issues. We really wanted to enter to a specific song, but it took us about ten minutes to get it to work.

Those were a long ten minutes. I was on one side of the venue, trying to shout across to some technical people ideas for how to fix it. All of our guests were seated, and of course no one could get up or get too distracted as the ceremony was due to begin any moment now. How stressful!

Unbeknownst to me, Chris was working the crowd over, telling jokes and stories and intimate details about us that he learned from our conversations and communications with him. I had multiple people tell me that that was their favorite part of the ceremony, and ask where I found this guy.

A month later we were at a different wedding and I had someone who wasn't even at our wedding speak fondly about our officiant and ask where we found him. How does that even happen?

It happens when you're the best.

Thanks so much, Chris, for making our wedding wonderful.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words, Chris. Your wedding was a blast and I loved that I got to dress up for it! You have a great story and I was glad that I got to help tell it. Blessings!
  • Jennifer

Marcos Tapia · Married on 05/30/2019

Lucky to book Chris for your big day!

We wanted to have a laid back, fun beach wedding and Chris gave us that. It is extremely important to Chris to make your ceremony your own, totally custom. He gave us everything we had hoped for and more. Laughs, love, and brought out some tears. If Chris is available on your day, book him!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Marcos! I had a lot of fun working with you and Jen. If I am ever in New Mexico, we have to hang out! Blessings!

Samuel Morrison · Married on 05/19/2019

Officiant Chris Dickens

We really enjoyed the presence of Pastor Chris at our wedding. Our guests stated that he was both relatable, memorable, and a perfect fit. He got to know us beforehand and shared every detail of his written ceremony and allowed us to edit any changes we may have had. We always felt comfortable and of course on the wedding day he delivered beyond our expectations.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Sam! Your venue was amazing and your vows were very sweet. I was glad to be there and I had a lot of fun. Blessings!

Crystal Thrower-Morrison · Married on 05/19/2019

Pastor Chris is AMAZING!

Pastor Chris was absolutely amazing! He is very personable, talking with him during the consultation meeting, I felt like we were old friends. The ceremony definitely touched my heart and those of my guests. So many of my guests told me afterward that, that was the first time they paid attention to what the officiant had to say at a wedding and that his words made a positive lasting impression.

Thank you again Pastor Chris.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Angie · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing experience with Chris

We had such a great experience with Chris. Very personable, quick to respond, comfortable, and flexible. Met with us beforehand and really took the time to get to know us and our story to he apart of the ceremony in a meaningful way. Thanks Chris!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you, Angie! You have a great story and I enjoyed your intimate wedding ceremony. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it. Blessings!

Sonya Crosswell Assan · Married on 03/24/2019

Amazing and Memorable Ceremony

Chris was amazing to work with. We hit it off with him instantly. He made us feel comfortable and at ease throughout the process leading up to our wedding day. He truly personalized our ceremony and incorporated a short sermon at our request. Our guests could not stop praising him and the ceremony. Truly a memorable ceremony!

Sent on 04/25/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Sonya. I enjoyed getting to know you both and I had a great time meeting your families and friends. Blessings!
  • Roof

Roof Wedding · Married on 02/14/2019

Part of the Family

Chris was highly recommend by our wedding planner. After doing our research, we agreed to have an interview with him. He was very accommodating to our time schedule. He suggested a FaceTime interview. I’m which we shared stories and laughed, by the time we hung up, we liked him very much and knew he was the one. He asked us a lot of questions on how we want our ceremony, how we meet, where our first date was, etc. After sharing multiple emails with Chris (what he calls homework) only a few times before our ceremony he really made it seem like he knew us for years. Our family and friends have all commented on how well he gave our ceremony and how well he knew our story. He made it more personal and less cookie cutter like some of the other weddings. He really gets the crowd involved, which was what we wanted. You can tell he really took his time with our ceremony and put a very personal touch on it. We highly recommend Chirs to anyone who is looking for a officiant, you will not regret it.

Sent on 02/24/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for the review. Your wedding was awesome and I really enjoyed meeting your families. God bless!
  • bredna

Brenda · Married on 01/19/2019

Friendly & Professional

We were running late on finding an officiant for our ceremony and had no luck with the officiants we had previously looked at. Our wedding planner then suggested Chris as he was available and thought he would be a perfect fit. After having our first meeting, we know he would be the perfect match for us. I'm normally an awkward person so it's a little difficult for me to hold conversations with others but Chris made talking to him very comfortable and it helped that he was nerdy me and my husband. The whole process was great and he really took his time to get to know us to write a ceremony that accommodated who we are and made sure we liked everything he had drafted for the ceremony which was very reassuring. When the day of our wedding came our ceremony went smoothly and was a light-hearted fun experience. Both our families loved the ceremony and all of Chris' hard work for making our day extra special.

Sent on 03/05/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Brenda for the review and thank you for allowing me to be a part of your wedding. I had so much fun writing your ceremony and incorporating your traditional elements with a touch of nerdy fun. It was one of my favorites. Blessings!

Jenny · Married on 12/29/2018

Great Experience

We really enjoyed the entire experience and interaction. We couldn't have asked for it to be any better!

Sent on 04/25/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you, Jenny! Your wedding was a lot of fun. I enjoyed meeting your family and being a part of your big day!