Your Custom Ceremony Reviews

Your Custom Ceremony 5
Your Custom Ceremony 6

Kate Young · Married on 11/16/2018

Fantastic!

We had a non traditional wedding and multi-faith based audience, we chose to go with Chris when our first officiant fell through. Did not disappoint and made sure the ceremony was everything we wanted and more!! We can not say enough good things about him.
    He helped us create a unique and non-traditional wedding that left everyone feeling happy and entertained. His language choice and charismatic personality only added to the wonderful ceremony that he created with us.
    He met up with us and kept in regular contact, always helping us figure it out, on the way to the alter. His understanding of us and what our vision of the wedding could not have been better. I would recommend him to anyone I know who is looking for a well rounded, capable, and entertaining officiant.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Kate. Your wedding allowed me to get creative in ways I never had before. I had a lot of fun. Thank you for letting me be a part of your big day.
  • Lucy

Lucy Knapp · Married on 10/19/2018

The Perfect Balance

Chris was perfect. The process was fun and the ceremony was flawless. He’s real, he’s professional, and he’s your friend. What more can you ask for?

Throughout the process of getting to know each other, writing our vows, and the ceremony itself, I always felt supported and understood. Two huge things for a bride! He ‘got’ us from the very start and did a beautiful job telling our story. We didn’t want anything cheesey or cookie cutter. We wanted it deep, and funny, and personal to us - and Chris did just that! He felt like family up there.

Also worth noting, we have a very non traditional story and didn’t necessarily want a religious wedding, but I loved that he is a pastor and lead us in prayer before the ceremony. It’s of course optional, but it felt right to us.

Of course many people came up to me and asked “Where did you find him? He was amazing!” But I know what they meant was - they could tell we felt full and complete as he told our story, and that it resonated with our guests. Our hope was that everyone would laugh and everyone would cry, and it was all that and more!

Sent on 12/15/2018
    Your Custom Ceremony 7
    Your Custom Ceremony 8
    Your Custom Ceremony 9
    Your Custom Ceremony 10

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much, Lucy. Your wedding was so touching and heartfelt, I was honored to be a part of it. Keep in touch!

Shané · Married on 10/07/2018

Chris was nothing short of amazing! I would recommend him to anyone who wants to have a personal unique experience an not a cookie cutter one.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Shané. Your wedding was beautiful, and the view was amazing! I really enjoyed being a part of your wedding celebration. You made it easy because you two had a great story.

Louisa · Married on 10/06/2018

The custom ceremony we always dreamed of!

We were struggling to find an officiant that understood what we were looking for when planning our ceremony - until we jumped on a call with Chris! He made us feel like he truly cared to get to know us, our love story and what we are looking for in an officiant. He was great about communicating with us and customizing everything we wanted to make the ceremony our own all the while giving us great suggestions. The ceremony was the perfect blend between fun and joyous laughs and heartfelt, emotional words that brought our friends (AND US) to tears. The one thing that our wedding guests gave us the most positive feedback on was our unique ceremony and the amazing officiant who put it together- Chris Dickens. I would highly recommend him to anyone getting married!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    Your Custom Ceremony 11

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Louisa! You two made it easy because you had such a great story. I thank you for allowing me to be a part of your big day.
  • Kenu

Kenu Felder · Married on 09/30/2018

And Then It Begins

Chris officiated our wedding in Coto De Caza, CA on September 30th, 2018 and did a fabulous job. My husband was having a little bit of trouble finding a non-denominational wedding officiant that he liked because he is a procrastinator. I randomly came across the information for Chris and sent it my husbands way. My husband and I met him at a local coffee shop and loved his laid back personality. He was always very responsive to my e-mails and arrived on time to our wedding. Our ceremony was non-traditional, short and sweet, exactly what we wanted. I would definitely recommend Chris.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for your review Kenu. I had a lot of fun with you and Sharif. You have an awesome dynamic and you made me laugh a lot. I had fun meeting your families and the brass band at the end of the ceremony was awesome! I have never seen that before (and I have seen a lot). Blessings!
  • mitzi

mitzi · Married on 09/29/2018

Exactly what we wanted

My then fiance and I last minute decided we wanted a professional officiant rather than just a friend to do our ceremony. We are so LUCKY Chris for some reason had our date available. We had a few other officiants lined up after our meeting with Chris, but we decided an hour after meeting him that he was totally our guy. It really is a custom wedding and we have yet to see anything like ours. Chris listened to all my feedback, and even the littlest tweaks I requested, he pulled off flawlessly. We wanted light-hearted, jokes, and a little bit of God (for my mother) and he really delivered. It puts a smile on my face every time I think about the "homework" and how the ceremony unfolded. Most guests comment about the open bar, the reception, the dresses, etc etc, but we had tons of amazing feedback about our ceremony/officiant. Everyone sung high praises about Chris. A couple friends, who aren't engaged yet, have already booked marked him ;)

Sent on 10/26/2018

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Mitzi. I had a lot of fun at your wedding. Your vows were very sweet and your homework answers were awesome. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your big day.

Anna · Married on 08/18/2018

Best part of our big day!

Chris made our wedding day better than we ever imagined!! I don't think we understood how important an officiant was when planning a wedding until our own ceremony. Let me explain more -- Having attended mostly traditional Catholic church wedding ceremonies in the past, I thought the best part of the wedding is the reception. Planning a non-traditional wedding was an unchartered course for us (or at least me), but Chris helped us navigate through that process with ease. He offered plenty of choices when planning all parts of the ceremony (option for opening prayer, wording choices for "giving" of the bride, vows, etc.) which was great because it gave us a sense of control on how we wanted to presented to the world as a married couple. On top of that, Chris is a skilled storyteller, setting the stage with positive-love-vibes that lasted BEYOND the wedding day. We received compliments throughout the wedding day from guests how great, special, and personal our wedding ceremony was. We all laughed and cried. It was the most beautiful feeling we ever felt! My husband and I would talk about Chris' impact on our wedding day at 2x a day for a whole month! We loved it so much, we really can't thank him enough for what he did for us. You are extremely lucky if you get to have Chris for your wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2018
    Your Custom Ceremony 12

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Anna! I absolutely LOVED your wedding and sharing your story. Thank you for trusting me and allowing me to be a part of your big day.

Stacy · Married on 08/05/2018

I wish I could give Chris more stars, maybe even a Diamond rating perhaps. He was PHENOMENAL. We got such positive reviews that our ceremony was the best people had ever attended. Chris spoke like he knew us (because he did!) and that makes such a huge difference when it comes to wedding ceremonies. Chris also helped out during our rehearsal when our coordinator couldnt. Talk about going above and beyond. No doubt about it that without Chris, our wedding wouldn't have gone as well as it did. We definitely made a friend for life. My wife and I are soooo happy we went with Chris and Your Custom Ceremony!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you, Stacy and Ebube! I had so much fun getting to know you two and being a part of your lives leading up to your wedding. Your venue was gorgeous and your guests were amazing! I don't know if I have ever heard a reaction like the roar I heard when I said "Igbo Kwenu!" I had a great time celebrating with you and I look forward to a long friendship.

Emily Devita · Married on 04/14/2018

Absolutely amazing

No better person! Was perfect!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Emily! I had a lot of fun at your wedding. You and Mike have a great story and I was blessed to help tell it on your wedding day.

I don't think there are enough words in the English language that can truly describe our experience with Chris. First off, my husband found Chris after searching endless websites and reviews for an Officiant to make our wedding everything we wanted it to be. During our initial meeting, we sat and talked for over an hour, so needless to say we hit it off right away. We completed all of the required homework and Chris was kind enough to help me with my custom vows that I was really stressed about. After meeting one last time before the wedding and getting the "everything is going to be okay," from Chris, we parted ways and patiently waited until our day arrived.

From start to finish, Chris did an amazing job capturing and controlling the ceremony with his script and non-scripted words. Our ceremony was filled with emotion, from my crying husband to be and all of the guests as everyone was overwhelmed with emotion. Chris did a phenomenal job at cracking jokes at the right time to lighten the mood while capturing the spirit of the day. Immediately after the ceremony, Chris hosted the signing of the Wedding Certificate; and as everyone talked to us after everything was said and done, everyone kept asking us where we found Chris as he was the highlight of our Wedding Day. Even after everything was said and done, Chris was very attentive at helping us with complications regarding our wedding certificate that kept getting rejected. Not only did Chris pay the cost to have it redone, but he handled all of the correspondence and mailing of the Certificate to ensure we were married on paper. We can't thank Chris enough and we will forever be grateful for what he helped us accomplish on our Wedding Day. Thank you Chris, you are forever a part of our family.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Wow. Thank you so much for the amazing review. Your wedding was beautiful and I loved the venue. The way you met and how everything came together was so perfect, I enjoyed telling your story. I was blessed to be a part of your wedding day, and I loved meeting your families. I am honored to count you both among my friends.

nicole · Married on 02/06/2016

Chris was the officiant at my wedding on 02/06/16. We initially met with him in November before the wedding and worked with him via email after that. Chris was charming and funny when we met him, and we knew he was a perfect fit for us. He wrote an amazing custom ceremony for us and gave us helpful feedback on writing our own vows. He told our story in way that was funny yet romantic, and the people attending our wedding had assumed we had known him for years. Chris's flawless delivery and confidence speaking made our ceremony my favorite part of our wedding. The personal feel of the ceremony gave me the ability to deliver my own vows to my husband without nerves and with a full heart. I enjoyed working with Chris and hope to have him in our lived for many years to come!

Sent on 02/11/2016

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Nicole! I really enjoyed getting to know you and Andrew and I had a lot of fun at your ceremony. The venue was beautiful and I loved that everything felt classic and timeless. I loved being a part of your big day. Please keep in touch.

April · Married on 12/19/2015

APRIL:
    "Chris was everything we wanted in an officiant and more!!! My husband and I knew from the moment we met him that we wanted to have Chris as our officiant. He made our wedding ceremony very memorable by incorporating a bit of each of our personalities which kept us and our guest entertained for sure. I loved how he kept our guest engaged by involving everyone in the ceremony. I was very special having the ones we love participate in our joyous occasion."

GLEN:
    "Chris was freakin' AWESOME! My wife was the one who picked him, since I wanted someone with a great personality....and she picked right with Chris....especially since the original pastor I wanted, passed away (R.I.P. Pastor Steve Mays from Calvary Chapel South Bay!!). Mr. Dickinson was really cool, because like me... he is a wrestling fan, so we clicked right away and knew just what to say during the ceremony with New Day jokes and just so much more stuff that were incorporated within the homework he gave us. Chris is definitely one of a kind and yes, I am biased AND un-biased at the same time, because he's a legit wrestling fan :P. THANK... YOU CHRIS! THANK.... YOU CHRIS!!! *"New... DAY ROCKS!" tone/chant*

Sent on 01/04/2016

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you April and Glen! I had a lot of fun. It was great that we had so much in common and I will remember Glen's entrance for as long as I live. I've done some great pop culture references in weddings, but this was the first and so far only wedding with WWE references. You guys make a great tag team! Stay in touch!

Brittanee · Married on 10/22/2015

We knew Chris was our officiant within the first 30 minutes of meeting him. He is professional, down to earth, and has a great sense of humor. He is a man of faith and knows the word. He has a unique approach to handling weddings by giving couples homework that gets revealed during the ceremony. He will incorporate any aspects you want! We did a hand tying/fasting ritual and Chris brought it to life! The words were so beautiful!! He made us feel incredibly comfortable throughout the wedding. He arrived early to both the wedding and rehearsal! His marriage advice was invaluable - we will incorporate for the rest of our lives. Chris is strong at helping shed light on the others perspective based on his great judgment of character and results from couples his. This isn't just a in for him. He is incredibly passionate about bringing two people together in the presence of God and family for all the right reasons and wants it to be right! I highly recommend him!! He will ensure your guests are not asleep and are thoroughly enjoying themselves the entire ceremony!!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Brittanee. I had a lot of fun getting to know you and Austin, your friends, and your family. I'm glad that you were pleased with the ceremony and I hope that you will keep in touch.

Chris did an AMAZING job at our wedding! :) We loved the Ceremony and everything came out so nice. The ceremony was romantic, fun and fit our personalities so well. The flow of everything went perfect and the thing I liked the most was that he really took the time to get to know us as a couple before our ceremony! It was the best day of our lives! Everything was perfect! I would definitely recommend him! You will not be disappointed! Thanks for everything Chris!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for the awesome review. I had lots of fun, the venue was gorgeous, and I thank you for letting me be part of your big day. Keep in touch!

Esther · Married on 09/19/2015

Chris was the perfect officiant at our wedding! He is funny, kind, professional, and gives great advice!! During our ceremony he delivered just as we wanted, had our guests laughing and crying which was what we wanted! we can't think of anyone else we would've wanted to officiate our wedding!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Esther! I had a lot of fun getting to know you and Vincent and I had a blast at your wedding. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your celebration.

Adam · Married on 08/22/2015

Awesome service! Great communication throughout and the ceremony itself felt very personal. He provided us with homework, in which he asked us questions about each other. He then took our answers and revealed them during the ceremony. His incorporation of humor coupled with the sincerity of his delivery was masterful. Aside from the homework, he customizes your ceremony down to the last tee. The mood, unification ceremony, what he says, and how you are addressed are all to your preference. And if you are like myself who has no idea how this marriage thing is supposed to go, he is an excellent guide and will take the reins when necessary. His emotional intelligence and ability to read a couple and their needs are phenomenal. Our family and friends could not stop raving about him and kept asking where we found this guy! I would not hesitate to recommend him just for the sake of being around him again. Chaplain Chris did a wonderful job and is an awesome human being.

Sent on 08/26/2015

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Adam! Your wedding was amazing and I'm so glad that I was able to be a part of it. I had a lot of fun. Please keep in touch.

This guy was dope as hell, integrating Vegeta sacrificing himself during the Majin Buu Saga during his speech was straight fire!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Haha. Thank you for this review. I had so much fun with this wedding. I love implementing couple's hobbies and fandom into their ceremonies, and it's even more fun when I'm a fan as well. Thanks again and keep in touch.

Josie · Married on 08/22/2015

Witty, funny, and spontaneous???

Meghan · Married on 08/03/2015

Looking back on our wedding, it is even more clear now (than it was before the wedding) just how important the officiant is. Not only does this person have the incredibly sacred task of pronouncing you married, but he/she also sets the tone for your entire wedding. Chris is hands down the best man for this job.

Beyond reading a few beautiful things (bible verses, poems, etc., depending on the couple's personal style), Chris tells your guests the story of you as a couple. He makes them laugh. He draws them into this moment as participators in a part of your love story rather than just onlookers at yet another wedding. He takes the time to really get to know you, starting with a conversation (ours was over Skype) followed by some detailed 'homework" that each of you fill out separately. He uses this homework to format the ceremony, thus making it very personal and not your typical "We are gathered here today..." I don't think I have ever heard so many laughs during a wedding ceremony - it was awesome and our guests loved it! Even the photographer, after the ceremony, mentioned to us how awesome Chris was and that it was one of the best ceremonies she had ever seen.

If you want a personalized, one-of-a-kind wedding ceremony - Chris is your guy! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for the amazing review Meghan! I loved your story and even though it was sometimes challenging to communicate, I am glad to have gotten to know you and I hope that we will stay in touch. Thank you for letting me be part of you wedding celebration, and thank you for your kind words.

My husband and I got married on August 1st, 2015, and we were very lucky to have Chaplain Chris Dickens from your Custom Ceremony officiate our wedding. We met with Chris prior to our wedding date to discuss the details of our wedding ceremony. He was very charismatic, knowledgeable, and experienced. He constantly made us laugh and made us feel as though we had been friends for years. In addition he was very involved in creating a unique ceremony that fit our personalities.
    Our main priority was to have a ceremony that was not too long/boring (as we have been to many weddings where the ceremony almost put us to sleep). We wanted to make sure that our ceremony was fun and lighthearted so that it would not bore our guests. Chris delivered a perfectly balanced ceremony that was serious (but not too serious), humorous, cute, and light-hearted, and we were pleasantly surprised at how relaxed he made us feel.
    After our wedding, many of our guests told us that our officiant was amazing, that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to, and that they loved how our ceremony was so fun and light-hearted! Thanks to Chaplain Chris Dickens for making our ceremony perfect on our Big Day!! He really set the tone for the rest of the evening. Everything was amazing.

Sent on 08/09/2015

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you N.! I really enjoyed working with you and getting to know you and B.'s families. Your story and your wedding was very memorable and I hope that we can stay in touch. Congratulations again, and thank you for allowing me to be a part of your big day.
  • O

Omar & Lulu · Married on 07/31/2015

Chaplain Chris Dickens was the perfect fit for us and our intimate wedding. Immediately after our wedding ceremony, our guests commented on how awesome Chris was and asked if he was a good friend of ours as he told our love story so well! Chris was personable and caring from the moment we met him. He is a truly genuine man and talented at what he does. We couldn't have asked for a better officiant! There are many cheesy officiants out there, but Chaplain Dickens is definitely not one of them. He delivered a most perfect, light-hearted & funny ceremony that was customized to us. Thank you, Chris! We feel so lucky to have found you and that you were a part of our most special day! We can't thank you enough! You rock!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Omar and Lulu. It was an amazing experience to get to know you both and to help celebrate your wedding day. Congratulations and please keep in touch!
  • DOMINIQUE

DOMINIQUE · Married on 07/25/2015

Chaplain Chris was really easy and fun to work with. He was very thorough and helped our wedding ceremony be a special one. After the ceremony we received a few compliments on Chaplain Chris, mostly being that he kept the flow of the ceremony smooth, and that he was funny, and enjoyable.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Dominique! You and Derrick were a lot of fun to work with. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your big day. Keep in touch!!!

Lauren · Married on 07/17/2015

Chaplain Chris was truly amazing to work with and a blessing for David and I. When I first contacted Chris, he was easy to get a hold of and very responsive. I was residing in Maryland at the time and was planning a small ceremony in Orange County. In what felt somewhat impossible to do, Chaplain Chris helped me each step of the way and that made everything easy to manage and stayed on track. He even helped us pick out a beautiful venue to do the ceremony, which I felt was going above and beyond.
    When we first met Chaplain Chris, we all hit it off great. He has a wonderful personality and allows the couple to truly customize the event! Our family and friends loved the sentimental, yet funny touch Chris brought to the ceremony. Most importantly, Chris never made us feel as though we were just another couple he was performing a wedding for. We were his priority and he made sure we knew that. Thank you Chaplain Chris!!!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Lauren! I really enjoyed working with you and David, and I was glad to see everything come together. It was great getting to know you two and I hope that we stay in touch.

Anh · Married on 06/27/2015

Chris is awesome!! His business name says it all, he lets you customize your ceremony, and if you don't know where to start, he offers a lot of good literature on options you can choose from. He has a big personality and was really good at being funny but tasteful at the ceremony. He kept the guests engaged and everyone loved him! I got so many compliments on the ceremony because of him. Leading up to the wedding, he was very responsive with any questions we had and he was one of the vendors I knew I didn't have to worry about showing up and doing a stellar job. I have no regrets on choosing Chris as our officiant!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for that great review! You and Alec were amazing to work with and I loved hearing your stories. Congratulations again and please keep in touch.