Your Custom Ceremony Reviews

Your Custom Ceremony 7
  • Tangi

Tangi Brantley · Married on 08/31/2019

Excellent!

Our experience working with Chris was FANTASTIC!! I am so glad we chose him to be part of our special day! He was very warm welcoming, organized, communicated expectations clearly, overall the best pick we could have ever made. We interviewed several folks prior and nothing compared to the service, quality, and experience of working with Chris. His personality was everything-such a fun, loving, energetic person by nature. We enjoyed working with him throughout the entire process and our guests enjoyed his style for our ceremony. I can't thank him enough!!!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 07/05/2019

Still receiving compliments on our ceremony!

From the moment we spoke with Chris, we knew he was going to be the perfect officiant for our wedding. And I have to admit, even with very high expectations, Chris went above and beyond all expectations. My wife and I come from several different cultural and religious backgrounds, and we wanted our ceremony to touch on each culture without being overly religious. Chris was able to find a perfect balance and did so wonderfully. What I appreciate the most is that Chris was able to lead a ceremony based on our love and history together. We're about two weeks removed from our big day, and we're still receiving non-stop compliments as to how memorable our ceremony was. Chris was able to deliver everything we could ask for and more, and if you want your guests to be wowed by a customized and unique ceremony, he is no doubt your guy

Sent on 07/15/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback Alex. You two had a great story and getting to know you was a lot of fun. I was honored and blessed to be a part of your big day.
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Edwards · Married on 06/07/2019

Absolutely fantastic!

Chris was absolutely amazing! We were complimented by many of our guests on how amazing Chris was at keeping the ceremony serious while also making it funny and inclusive. He also helped when I forgot my vows, LOL! He also made sure to send our entire ceremony to us prior to the wedding to allow us to add/remove any information or material that was in there that we did not like. It was truly CUSTOM! I would absolutely recommend Chris to any of my friends that may be getting married soon!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Jennifer

Marcos Tapia · Married on 05/30/2019

Lucky to book Chris for your big day!

We wanted to have a laid back, fun beach wedding and Chris gave us that. It is extremely important to Chris to make your ceremony your own, totally custom. He gave us everything we had hoped for and more. Laughs, love, and brought out some tears. If Chris is available on your day, book him!

Sent on 06/12/2019
    Your Custom Ceremony 9
    Your Custom Ceremony 10
    Your Custom Ceremony 11
    Your Custom Ceremony 12

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Marcos! I had a lot of fun working with you and Jen. If I am ever in New Mexico, we have to hang out! Blessings!

Samuel Morrison · Married on 05/19/2019

Officiant Chris Dickens

We really enjoyed the presence of Pastor Chris at our wedding. Our guests stated that he was both relatable, memorable, and a perfect fit. He got to know us beforehand and shared every detail of his written ceremony and allowed us to edit any changes we may have had. We always felt comfortable and of course on the wedding day he delivered beyond our expectations.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Sam! Your venue was amazing and your vows were very sweet. I was glad to be there and I had a lot of fun. Blessings!

Crystal Thrower-Morrison · Married on 05/19/2019

Pastor Chris is AMAZING!

Pastor Chris was absolutely amazing! He is very personable, talking with him during the consultation meeting, I felt like we were old friends. The ceremony definitely touched my heart and those of my guests. So many of my guests told me afterward that, that was the first time they paid attention to what the officiant had to say at a wedding and that his words made a positive lasting impression.

Thank you again Pastor Chris.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Angie · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing experience with Chris

We had such a great experience with Chris. Very personable, quick to respond, comfortable, and flexible. Met with us beforehand and really took the time to get to know us and our story to he apart of the ceremony in a meaningful way. Thanks Chris!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you, Angie! You have a great story and I enjoyed your intimate wedding ceremony. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it. Blessings!

Sonya Crosswell Assan · Married on 03/24/2019

Amazing and Memorable Ceremony

Chris was amazing to work with. We hit it off with him instantly. He made us feel comfortable and at ease throughout the process leading up to our wedding day. He truly personalized our ceremony and incorporated a short sermon at our request. Our guests could not stop praising him and the ceremony. Truly a memorable ceremony!

Sent on 04/25/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Sonya. I enjoyed getting to know you both and I had a great time meeting your families and friends. Blessings!
  • Roof

Roof Wedding · Married on 02/14/2019

Part of the Family

Chris was highly recommend by our wedding planner. After doing our research, we agreed to have an interview with him. He was very accommodating to our time schedule. He suggested a FaceTime interview. I’m which we shared stories and laughed, by the time we hung up, we liked him very much and knew he was the one. He asked us a lot of questions on how we want our ceremony, how we meet, where our first date was, etc. After sharing multiple emails with Chris (what he calls homework) only a few times before our ceremony he really made it seem like he knew us for years. Our family and friends have all commented on how well he gave our ceremony and how well he knew our story. He made it more personal and less cookie cutter like some of the other weddings. He really gets the crowd involved, which was what we wanted. You can tell he really took his time with our ceremony and put a very personal touch on it. We highly recommend Chirs to anyone who is looking for a officiant, you will not regret it.

Sent on 02/24/2019
    Your Custom Ceremony 13
    Your Custom Ceremony 14

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for the review. Your wedding was awesome and I really enjoyed meeting your families. God bless!
  • bredna

Brenda · Married on 01/19/2019

Friendly & Professional

We were running late on finding an officiant for our ceremony and had no luck with the officiants we had previously looked at. Our wedding planner then suggested Chris as he was available and thought he would be a perfect fit. After having our first meeting, we know he would be the perfect match for us. I'm normally an awkward person so it's a little difficult for me to hold conversations with others but Chris made talking to him very comfortable and it helped that he was nerdy me and my husband. The whole process was great and he really took his time to get to know us to write a ceremony that accommodated who we are and made sure we liked everything he had drafted for the ceremony which was very reassuring. When the day of our wedding came our ceremony went smoothly and was a light-hearted fun experience. Both our families loved the ceremony and all of Chris' hard work for making our day extra special.

Sent on 03/05/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Brenda for the review and thank you for allowing me to be a part of your wedding. I had so much fun writing your ceremony and incorporating your traditional elements with a touch of nerdy fun. It was one of my favorites. Blessings!

Jenny · Married on 12/29/2018

Great Experience

We really enjoyed the entire experience and interaction. We couldn't have asked for it to be any better!

Sent on 04/25/2019

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you, Jenny! Your wedding was a lot of fun. I enjoyed meeting your family and being a part of your big day!

Kate Young · Married on 11/16/2018

Fantastic!

We had a non traditional wedding and multi-faith based audience, we chose to go with Chris when our first officiant fell through. Did not disappoint and made sure the ceremony was everything we wanted and more!! We can not say enough good things about him.
    He helped us create a unique and non-traditional wedding that left everyone feeling happy and entertained. His language choice and charismatic personality only added to the wonderful ceremony that he created with us.
    He met up with us and kept in regular contact, always helping us figure it out, on the way to the alter. His understanding of us and what our vision of the wedding could not have been better. I would recommend him to anyone I know who is looking for a well rounded, capable, and entertaining officiant.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Kate. Your wedding allowed me to get creative in ways I never had before. I had a lot of fun. Thank you for letting me be a part of your big day.
  • Lucy

Lucy Knapp · Married on 10/19/2018

The Perfect Balance

Chris was perfect. The process was fun and the ceremony was flawless. He’s real, he’s professional, and he’s your friend. What more can you ask for?

Throughout the process of getting to know each other, writing our vows, and the ceremony itself, I always felt supported and understood. Two huge things for a bride! He ‘got’ us from the very start and did a beautiful job telling our story. We didn’t want anything cheesey or cookie cutter. We wanted it deep, and funny, and personal to us - and Chris did just that! He felt like family up there.

Also worth noting, we have a very non traditional story and didn’t necessarily want a religious wedding, but I loved that he is a pastor and lead us in prayer before the ceremony. It’s of course optional, but it felt right to us.

Of course many people came up to me and asked “Where did you find him? He was amazing!” But I know what they meant was - they could tell we felt full and complete as he told our story, and that it resonated with our guests. Our hope was that everyone would laugh and everyone would cry, and it was all that and more!

Sent on 12/15/2018
    Your Custom Ceremony 15
    Your Custom Ceremony 16
    Your Custom Ceremony 17
    Your Custom Ceremony 18

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much, Lucy. Your wedding was so touching and heartfelt, I was honored to be a part of it. Keep in touch!

Shané · Married on 10/07/2018

Chris was nothing short of amazing! I would recommend him to anyone who wants to have a personal unique experience an not a cookie cutter one.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Shané. Your wedding was beautiful, and the view was amazing! I really enjoyed being a part of your wedding celebration. You made it easy because you two had a great story.

Louisa · Married on 10/06/2018

The custom ceremony we always dreamed of!

We were struggling to find an officiant that understood what we were looking for when planning our ceremony - until we jumped on a call with Chris! He made us feel like he truly cared to get to know us, our love story and what we are looking for in an officiant. He was great about communicating with us and customizing everything we wanted to make the ceremony our own all the while giving us great suggestions. The ceremony was the perfect blend between fun and joyous laughs and heartfelt, emotional words that brought our friends (AND US) to tears. The one thing that our wedding guests gave us the most positive feedback on was our unique ceremony and the amazing officiant who put it together- Chris Dickens. I would highly recommend him to anyone getting married!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    Your Custom Ceremony 19

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Louisa! You two made it easy because you had such a great story. I thank you for allowing me to be a part of your big day.
  • Kenu

Kenu Felder · Married on 09/30/2018

And Then It Begins

Chris officiated our wedding in Coto De Caza, CA on September 30th, 2018 and did a fabulous job. My husband was having a little bit of trouble finding a non-denominational wedding officiant that he liked because he is a procrastinator. I randomly came across the information for Chris and sent it my husbands way. My husband and I met him at a local coffee shop and loved his laid back personality. He was always very responsive to my e-mails and arrived on time to our wedding. Our ceremony was non-traditional, short and sweet, exactly what we wanted. I would definitely recommend Chris.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you for your review Kenu. I had a lot of fun with you and Sharif. You have an awesome dynamic and you made me laugh a lot. I had fun meeting your families and the brass band at the end of the ceremony was awesome! I have never seen that before (and I have seen a lot). Blessings!
  • mitzi

mitzi · Married on 09/29/2018

Exactly what we wanted

My then fiance and I last minute decided we wanted a professional officiant rather than just a friend to do our ceremony. We are so LUCKY Chris for some reason had our date available. We had a few other officiants lined up after our meeting with Chris, but we decided an hour after meeting him that he was totally our guy. It really is a custom wedding and we have yet to see anything like ours. Chris listened to all my feedback, and even the littlest tweaks I requested, he pulled off flawlessly. We wanted light-hearted, jokes, and a little bit of God (for my mother) and he really delivered. It puts a smile on my face every time I think about the "homework" and how the ceremony unfolded. Most guests comment about the open bar, the reception, the dresses, etc etc, but we had tons of amazing feedback about our ceremony/officiant. Everyone sung high praises about Chris. A couple friends, who aren't engaged yet, have already booked marked him ;)

Sent on 10/26/2018

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Mitzi. I had a lot of fun at your wedding. Your vows were very sweet and your homework answers were awesome. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your big day.

Anna · Married on 08/18/2018

Best part of our big day!

Chris made our wedding day better than we ever imagined!! I don't think we understood how important an officiant was when planning a wedding until our own ceremony. Let me explain more -- Having attended mostly traditional Catholic church wedding ceremonies in the past, I thought the best part of the wedding is the reception. Planning a non-traditional wedding was an unchartered course for us (or at least me), but Chris helped us navigate through that process with ease. He offered plenty of choices when planning all parts of the ceremony (option for opening prayer, wording choices for "giving" of the bride, vows, etc.) which was great because it gave us a sense of control on how we wanted to presented to the world as a married couple. On top of that, Chris is a skilled storyteller, setting the stage with positive-love-vibes that lasted BEYOND the wedding day. We received compliments throughout the wedding day from guests how great, special, and personal our wedding ceremony was. We all laughed and cried. It was the most beautiful feeling we ever felt! My husband and I would talk about Chris' impact on our wedding day at 2x a day for a whole month! We loved it so much, we really can't thank him enough for what he did for us. You are extremely lucky if you get to have Chris for your wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2018
    Your Custom Ceremony 20

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Anna! I absolutely LOVED your wedding and sharing your story. Thank you for trusting me and allowing me to be a part of your big day.

Stacy · Married on 08/05/2018

I wish I could give Chris more stars, maybe even a Diamond rating perhaps. He was PHENOMENAL. We got such positive reviews that our ceremony was the best people had ever attended. Chris spoke like he knew us (because he did!) and that makes such a huge difference when it comes to wedding ceremonies. Chris also helped out during our rehearsal when our coordinator couldnt. Talk about going above and beyond. No doubt about it that without Chris, our wedding wouldn't have gone as well as it did. We definitely made a friend for life. My wife and I are soooo happy we went with Chris and Your Custom Ceremony!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you, Stacy and Ebube! I had so much fun getting to know you two and being a part of your lives leading up to your wedding. Your venue was gorgeous and your guests were amazing! I don't know if I have ever heard a reaction like the roar I heard when I said "Igbo Kwenu!" I had a great time celebrating with you and I look forward to a long friendship.

Emily Devita · Married on 04/14/2018

Absolutely amazing

No better person! Was perfect!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Emily! I had a lot of fun at your wedding. You and Mike have a great story and I was blessed to help tell it on your wedding day.

Cara · Married on 01/28/2017

If you're reading this review, then congratulations - you just found your officiant. My husband and I could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony. From the moment we met Chris we were laughing and felt like we had known him for years. After meeting only once in person, and speaking once on the phone to discuss details, he had our guests engaged from start to finish - laughing, crying, and rejoicing in our union. It's been almost a month since our wedding and we are still receiving compliments from guests saying that our ceremony was the best they have ever attended, commenting that they really felt they had a part in our wedding instead of a zombie in the crowd. The best thing about Chris is that he is able to connect with you on every level, making you feel comfortable when you feel silly and has answers and solutions when you are unsure (giving of the bride, vows, etc). Without even explaining in detail to him what we were looking for, he was able to provide a ceremony that ourselves and our guests will remember for years to come, I am so happy my videographer was there to capture this moment! He is also flexible, mainly serving Orange County, Chris came to Los Angeles for our wedding. I honestly do not believe that our wedding ceremony would have been as successful if it weren't for Chris. Hiring him as our officiant was one of the best decisions we made, and he is at the top of the list for our vendors that we selected. Even my friends who are engaged and attended our wedding were asking me about his services! Chris office is also close to us, and we look forward to paying him a visit; when you work with Chris, you're more than just another couple getting married to him. If you want an engaging, thoughtful, personable, heart-felt ceremony with some fun laughs - contact Chris, you will absolutely not regret it.

Sent on 02/22/2017

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Cara! Your wedding was gorgeous and you had a great crowd. The view was amazing and everything was beautiful. Thank you for inviting me to be a part of it. I don't remember who I took a selfie with while your grandparents were signing the license, but I'd love to see that picture. Keep in touch!

I don't think there are enough words in the English language that can truly describe our experience with Chris. First off, my husband found Chris after searching endless websites and reviews for an Officiant to make our wedding everything we wanted it to be. During our initial meeting, we sat and talked for over an hour, so needless to say we hit it off right away. We completed all of the required homework and Chris was kind enough to help me with my custom vows that I was really stressed about. After meeting one last time before the wedding and getting the "everything is going to be okay," from Chris, we parted ways and patiently waited until our day arrived.

From start to finish, Chris did an amazing job capturing and controlling the ceremony with his script and non-scripted words. Our ceremony was filled with emotion, from my crying husband to be and all of the guests as everyone was overwhelmed with emotion. Chris did a phenomenal job at cracking jokes at the right time to lighten the mood while capturing the spirit of the day. Immediately after the ceremony, Chris hosted the signing of the Wedding Certificate; and as everyone talked to us after everything was said and done, everyone kept asking us where we found Chris as he was the highlight of our Wedding Day. Even after everything was said and done, Chris was very attentive at helping us with complications regarding our wedding certificate that kept getting rejected. Not only did Chris pay the cost to have it redone, but he handled all of the correspondence and mailing of the Certificate to ensure we were married on paper. We can't thank Chris enough and we will forever be grateful for what he helped us accomplish on our Wedding Day. Thank you Chris, you are forever a part of our family.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Wow. Thank you so much for the amazing review. Your wedding was beautiful and I loved the venue. The way you met and how everything came together was so perfect, I enjoyed telling your story. I was blessed to be a part of your wedding day, and I loved meeting your families. I am honored to count you both among my friends.

nicole · Married on 02/06/2016

Chris was the officiant at my wedding on 02/06/16. We initially met with him in November before the wedding and worked with him via email after that. Chris was charming and funny when we met him, and we knew he was a perfect fit for us. He wrote an amazing custom ceremony for us and gave us helpful feedback on writing our own vows. He told our story in way that was funny yet romantic, and the people attending our wedding had assumed we had known him for years. Chris's flawless delivery and confidence speaking made our ceremony my favorite part of our wedding. The personal feel of the ceremony gave me the ability to deliver my own vows to my husband without nerves and with a full heart. I enjoyed working with Chris and hope to have him in our lived for many years to come!

Sent on 02/11/2016

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you Nicole! I really enjoyed getting to know you and Andrew and I had a lot of fun at your ceremony. The venue was beautiful and I loved that everything felt classic and timeless. I loved being a part of your big day. Please keep in touch.

April · Married on 12/19/2015

APRIL:
    "Chris was everything we wanted in an officiant and more!!! My husband and I knew from the moment we met him that we wanted to have Chris as our officiant. He made our wedding ceremony very memorable by incorporating a bit of each of our personalities which kept us and our guest entertained for sure. I loved how he kept our guest engaged by involving everyone in the ceremony. I was very special having the ones we love participate in our joyous occasion."

GLEN:
    "Chris was freakin' AWESOME! My wife was the one who picked him, since I wanted someone with a great personality....and she picked right with Chris....especially since the original pastor I wanted, passed away (R.I.P. Pastor Steve Mays from Calvary Chapel South Bay!!). Mr. Dickinson was really cool, because like me... he is a wrestling fan, so we clicked right away and knew just what to say during the ceremony with New Day jokes and just so much more stuff that were incorporated within the homework he gave us. Chris is definitely one of a kind and yes, I am biased AND un-biased at the same time, because he's a legit wrestling fan :P. THANK... YOU CHRIS! THANK.... YOU CHRIS!!! *"New... DAY ROCKS!" tone/chant*

Sent on 01/04/2016

Your Custom Ceremony's reply:

Thank you April and Glen! I had a lot of fun. It was great that we had so much in common and I will remember Glen's entrance for as long as I live. I've done some great pop culture references in weddings, but this was the first and so far only wedding with WWE references. You guys make a great tag team! Stay in touch!