148 Reviews for KarmaDjs

Flat Screen (5)
Do-Not-Play List (4)
One Event Per Day (4)
Liability Insurance (1)

Karma DJ were very prompt and professional about listening to my needs and recommending the best setup for my event. They were engaged throughout the planning process and customized the package to meet expectations.
DJ Masti made sure any last minute logistics were handled and he made the event come to life with a seamless flow of music and songs.
I also added a live tabla player for my event and I think it took the event to a whole new level.
The lighting that came with my package was spectacular and a great value for the money.
I would recommend Karma DJ and particularly DJ Masti for any big or small events.
Thanks to Yogi and Masti for taking care of me and making it a hassle free experience from start to finish.

Profile Picture Rashid, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Planning a wedding is stressful, and picking a vendor like a DJ is very important. DJ Yogi is not only AMAZING, he is so TALENTED. One thing that was important to me while planning my wedding was to have a packed dance floor all night during my Reception and DJ Yogi did just that. He played all kinds of music ranging from top 90s, bollywood classics, hip hop, r&b, and even some slow songs. He feels the crowd and plays a song that he sees fit. We had so many compliments from guests throughout the night and even days after. DJ Yogi is truly the best!

Profile Picture Neena, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Yogi was a great choice for our wedding! He brought the energy our guests needed to stay out on the dance floor both nights. He read the crowd really well and kept the hits coming. Thanks again Yogi for making our wedding memorable!

Profile Picture Aurelius, 5/4/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

As a recently married couple, we understand the struggle of wedding plannig and the pressure to make all the right decisions when it comes to the big day. Well when it came to DJ, lighting, and MC we know we made the right decision. Yogi was very professional and easy to work with. MC Q brought the energy and accommodating. The day goes by so fast and it was all a blur but I remember stepping back a few times to look at the dance floor. They had the dance floor packed all night with guests ranging from 8 year olds to 80 year old. These having doing this a long time and nothing fazes them. Even we had some last minute changes these handled it like true professionals. Even the feedback we got days after the wedding was about how lit the dance floor was. So we say all this to say you can trust KarmaDjs is the right vendor for your event and move on to finding your photographer, videographer, and decor people. Sandeep and Tina

Profile Picture Sandeep , 4/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Video Projection, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Karma DJs did not disappoint! From the initial introductory phone call up to the execution of the event, they provided better service than I could have imagined! I worked with Yogi for a DJ package and he was more than accommodating to my last minute changes, personalized requests, etc. He went above and beyond, was always willing to meet or have a conference call, and was very responsive throughout the entire process. He was always cognizant of letting me know what the better investment was which I truly appreciated. He is also amazing at getting/keeping the party going! My guests had a blast and are still asking who the DJ was! I couldn't have made a better decision!

Profile Picture Esha, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Video Projection, Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Yogi and the KarmaDjs team did an outstanding job! They are unparalleled in the Houston area! Very professional and a pleasure to work with! Thanks for making our wedding weekend so memorable! :)

Profile Picture Veena, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We definitely enjoyed the enthusiasm and the service as well as the professionalism.

Profile Picture Dev, 3/3/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Karma DJs were amazing at setting up our mobile barat. I was really worried cause there was a chance of rain and yet these guys were still able to perform! At the wedding reception they killed it once again! People were dancing till 2AM and were looking for an excuse to keep on partying to the great music they played! I totally recommend them for any event that requires a DJ setup! Totally worth the price! I commend Yogi and his team for an amazing job!

Profile Picture Saachi, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Yogi was professional and very responsive to messages. He provided excellent services and we were thrilled with how happy our guests were with the great music that he played.

Profile Picture GINI, 2/17/18, 1 Review
3.0

Professional, good uplighting, friendly, quick response to emails and phone calls, open to ideas, good rapport with wedding planner

Profile Picture Portia, 1/20/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

From my first conversation with Yogi, I had a feeling that he "got" me and understood what I wanted for my wedding - which was a big non-stop dance party. Yogi and I immediately connected on our love for 70s, 80s and 90s music and he assured me that it was possible to mix not only Desi and American music, but Irish music as well (for my groom and his friends/family). I honestly expected most of our Irish and American guests to be standing by the bar all night, and the Desi guests to be mingling around their tables. But what actually happened is the best night of my life - everyone, and I mean everyone including my grandma, was on the dance floor. My parents, my groom's parents, even the bartenders and our wedding coordinator were dancing. Yogi was so accommodating with my very particular playlist, but when it came time to improvise - i.e. when a sudden demand for Irish music came along - Yogi was able to seamlessly keep the party going while playing completely new songs that so many of us had never heard. It was so beautiful to see so many generations, cultures and races all connecting and having a blast together.
Beyond music, Yogi completely transformed our venue with his lighting and the 9x10 foot LED screen which we used for slideshows and music videos. When I look back at the photos and videos I am amazed that this was the same venue. The uplighting and spotlights, strobe lights changed the entire atmosphere and helped create that "club" feeling which I believe helped everyone get in the mood to dance all night. Yogi assured me from the beginning he would give me what I imagined for the night, and I was completely blown away by the finished product and actually getting my dream wedding.

Profile Picture Farheen, 1/6/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I couldn’t more pleased with choosing Karma DJs for our wedding reception. DJ Vipin and DJ Yogi both worked well with us from the beginning till the end and delivered exactly what we asked for the night of our event. My husband and I are so pleased with the music, attitude of the DJ and services that were provided (lighting, speakers). Would not hesitate to refer this company to anyone looking for a stress free experience.

Profile Picture Ushma, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, MC

KarmaDJs were amazing! We prioritized music and entertainment from the beginning - my husband and I love to dance, and our fusion wedding (I'm Argentinean and Catholic, he's Indian and Hindu) was going to be an exciting challenge for our DJ. KarmaDJs and DJ Chad were so much fun, and we immediately clicked with Yogi and Chad while discussing our musical tastes. They were wonderful about keeping us calm, suggesting different themes, artists, and musical selections for times in the wedding when we didn't have much of an opinion other than keeping the party going or having the guests feel comfortable. At one point during the wedding, my husband and I had finally caught a moment to relax and grab a private moment from the guests before being formally introduced. Our MC, MC Q, needed to go over some final details, saw how happy we were in that intimate moment, and just said, "You know what, I've already got the information I need. Enjoy you two!" That was so appreciated, and it helped because when we were introduced, the crowd was excited, and we felt refreshed and ready to celebrate our new union. That evening was memorable, and SO many people came up to us afterwards telling us how we had the best wedding DJs they ever experienced. I'm biased but I totally agree. My legs were sore the next day from all the dancing! I'd definitely recommend KarmaDJs for your wedding!

Profile Picture Elaine, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Yogi is the absolute best of the best!! The moment we secured him, I knew that there was no question that our wedding would be a dance party to go down in the books. We had a Latin and Indian fusion wedding and Yogi had everyone marveling at the lights, moving on the dance floor, breaking it down during the bharaat, and tearing up during the ceremony. Not only is Yogi the best at feeling out the crowd and figuring out the perfect track for any given moment, he brings the ambiance and personality that no other dj can. Yogi’s talent is truly special and, on top of it, he’s wonderful to work with. I would seriously plan future parties simply based on Yogi and his team’s availability. They are the absolute key to ensuring that you have the best night ever! I cannot say enough good things. Basically, book Yogi. You will not be sorry!

Profile Picture Payal, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

By far such a great experience working with Yogi, Q, and Alx. We are incredibly pleased with every aspect and Q and Alx killed it that night! Our families and friends were dancing until the very last song! Yogi, was there and helped me with his honest opinions and advice to make my wedding everything I imagined it to be. From the bottom of our hearts, we sincerely thank all of you guys for your hard work and genuine love giving us through out the wedding planning and especially on that day!

Future couples.... you won’t go wrong with this pick! ❤️

Profile Picture Ginju, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: MC, One Event Per Day, Video Projection, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I got in touch with Yogi for DJ, lighting, and baraat services for our Indian wedding because I knew Yogi and his team was "the" guys to hire in the Houston area, and they didn't disappoint! From the very first call, Yogi was professional, responsive, and super transparent. He understood everyone's budgets are different and was up front about what they could provide, but was also willing to make sure they provided the best service and within the price range we wanted to stay in. We were we so grateful when Yogi offered us invaluable advice about my husband's baraat vehicle, veering us away from what could've been a really poorly planned procession. We were so fortunate to have Alx as our DJ for the baraat festivities, the wedding ceremony, and our reception. Not only was he totally open and receptive to the genres of music we wanted to hear at the reception, he also just nailed it. We had the MOST fun we could've hope to, and we heard from our guests the same. He's your guy if you want some Bollywood beats to please the family, but also want to hear the best R&B, Hip-Hop, and throwback jams for an all-out party. As far as lighting goes, we were again so happy with the final result. We were very specific about NOT having a nightclub look to our reception, and Yogi worked so seamlessly with our decorator to make sure everything looked gorgeous. We would not hesitate for a second to hire Karma DJs again, and I will eagerly recommend tem for friends and family in the future!

Profile Picture Foram, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

My husband and I were extremely lucky to have Yogi as our DJ for our wedding! Growing up, I always dreamed of using Yogi but never thought it would be a reality! Stephen and I felt that music was one of the most important things in our wedding so we wanted the best. Yogi was luckily available and was awesome from the beginning to the very end! Stephen lives in Chicago so Yogi was kind enough to send him a sample of his work so that Stephen felt comfortable with him. Not only was Yogi wonderful the day of our wedding, he was so supportive and provided a lot of input for other aspects of the wedding. MC Q was wonderful! He was very professional and kept our guests pumped. I was so happy with Yogi's work that I never left the dance floor during mine and Stephen's wedding reception. Our DJ and MC were one of the few things we had to worry about for our wedding. Would highly recommend Karma Djs for your next event!

Profile Picture Stephen, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Bilingual MC, One Event Per Day, Video Projection

Yogi and Alx were among the most professional vendors we worked with for our wedding events. They were very responsive by phone and email, and respectful of our time. They provided an accurate outlook on what to expect on the big day. They also paid attention to the little details which helped make the event that much more special. Thank you, KarmaDjs!!!

Profile Picture Viral, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I have no words to describe the night of our wedding. Yogi and his team did an amazing job! I think out of all our vendors, we really enjoyed working with his team! From the start, Yogi was on our same wave length. We jelled so well together that this seemed too good to be true! He understood exactly what we wanted and he got it done for us. We only interacted with him towards the end (which is normal) but he made everything so much easier. When we were stressing about everything else, he made sure he was on top of everything we wanted him to do. He even contacted our performers and made sure we were not involved in any of the tedious details. Our wedding was a Sunday night so we were a little worried that the party would be too mellow. We told him we wanted it to be hype and thats exactly what happened. He made sure we kept the party going until it was time to shut it down! We were so happy with MC Q for keeping our programs moving along. All our guests had nothing but great things to say about the team. We are so happy with how everything turned out. We will definitely recommend them for our family and friends events. Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Beena, 6/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Videography

Yogi and his team were amazing! He took the time to really understand what we wanted for our wedding reception. All of our guests had so much fun, and we loved the atmosphere he created! We are so happy that we chose Yogi as our DJ!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

As someone who's religiously followed music and collected mixes and dj sets for over half my Life, the standard to which I would hold the dj at my own wedding was a high one. Music, after all, makes the party. DJ ALX delivered and surpassed my expectations on all counts. He has the music library (with genuine surprises!), mixing skill, ability to read the crowd, delivery of requests AND is an excellent MC. Only a veteran DJ like ALX can accomplish all of the above simultaneously without issue. And when it comes to weddings, this is what you need - someone who can handle it without worry or headache. His professionalism, attitude, and skill put him at the top of my recommendation list to DJ any event you can think of. When a lot of your guests ask you "where did you find that DJ!??", you know it was done right!

Thank you ALX for helping make our wedding as awesome and memorable as it was!

Deepak and Chandni

Profile Picture Chandni, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Can't recommend KarmaDJs enough. As someone who works in services & sales, I couldn't stand 95% of the vendors I interacted with during our wedding planning: purely opportunistic and transactional. Yogi and the KarmaDJs team were the polar opposite: available, consultative, flexible. Their recommendations spanned far beyond the music and MC'ing, Yogi and team recommended other A+ vendors to us, advised us on optimally tweaking the scheduling for our day-long event, provided a lot of local guidance on how to plan and execute a wedding in Houston (where neither of us live), helped in the organization/staging of the event both logistically and aesthetically. The photos are phenomenal in a large part to the lighting and staging KarmaDjs organized. ALX was our DJ, Q MC'ed both of our ceremonies and our reception, and our Dohl player too. All 3, Yogi, and the team helped make our wedding an amazing experience for our guests. My recommendation: Start with KarmaDJs and Yogi, and then choose your venue and other vendors after that.

Profile Picture AP, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our experience with KarmaDJs was absolutely AMAZING! My husband had said from the beginning that the one and only thing he cares about the most for our wedding was that we have DJ Yogi as our DJ throughout all the events. We didn't hesitate at all booking him for all of our events. We had him for our Garba night, Baraat, Wedding Ceremony, and of course the Reception! He also helped us with other things such as our uplights and live feed projectors. He had our guests dancing till their feet hurt and more. If I could do my wedding all over again I know for a fact we would definitely be booking KarmaDJs!

Profile Picture Disha, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

5+ Stars all the way! Yogi and Abbas accommodated every request we had and made it work. They were creative and implemented our requests in ways we never would have thought possible. The production quality was slick and professional-first class. Their ideas and input were creative, considerate, and made perfect sense. Yogi and Abbas kept the party going all night without wearing out the crowd. Our wedding was multicultural and they made sure to get everyone involved, blending elements from all sides perfectly. Best of all, our guests complemented US for hiring them.

It is with honor that I recommend KarmaDJs.

Profile Picture Chris, 1/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We booked DJ Masti from Karma DJs for my brother’s wedding reception and couldn’t be happier! The music was perfect both during appetizers/dinner and for the dance floor. Our guests didn’t want to leave the dance floor! DJ Masti was great at MCing and handled last minute song requests from relatives really well too. He catered to all of our needs and requests perfectly! The uplighting we had was also stunning! He was able to select the color for the uplighting to complement the color scheme of the decor while not being too bright, as I had requested. The overall lighting really helped to make the ballroom stunning and pull all of the decor elements in together. Yogi was also very helpful and professional throughout the whole process. He made sure all of the event details were coordinated with DJ Masti and helped create an event timeline and song request list. I would definitely recommend booking Karma DJs for their all around professionalism and their DJing/uplighting services! Thanks so much for helping making my brother’s wedding so memorable and fun!

Profile Picture Maha, 1/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Bilingual MC, Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day