27 Reviews for Year and A Day Photography

Additional Hours (3)
Prints (3)
Engagement Shoot (2)
27 Year and A Day Photography Reviews

Lauren and Belinda at a Year and a Day Photography are pure professionals and make a great team. I was thrilled to book these two women for my wedding after working with them as a bridesmaid! The pictures are beautiful and better yet they keep you calm and relaxed on the busy day being women who understand trying to enjoy each moment as a bride! I am so happy with my sneak peek of pictures and looking back on our wedding day we enjoyed each minute while still stepping away for some pictures and getting great shots before the ceremony. Belinda really heard me with specific shots I was looking for as well as large family group pictures. I can't wait to find a reason to work with these ladies again in the future!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 3/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

Belinda & Lauren are SO good at what they do. During the wedding, their instructions were always clear and there was no hesitation or confusion. After receiving the photos, I got so many compliments! People told me these were the most beautiful wedding photos they had ever seen. Their use of lighting and depth of field shows mastery of their art.

Profile Picture Nicole, 3/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My close friend, Kim, recommended that I use Year and a Day Photography, and I'm glad she did! Belinda and Ken were professional, fun, and accommodating. Most importantly, they are easy to work with, which any bride can appreciate! They made sure we got in all the pictures I requested, and made themselves available all night for any last minute photo opps that presented themselves. They have a great style of photography and we will certainly pass on their recommendation!

Profile Picture Alicia, 12/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

If there’s any way to speed up your return time, I bet people would appreciate it in the future. I would’ve paid extra to get my photos sooner. You got some great shots!

Profile Picture Molly, 11/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Belinda and Lauren are amazing! They were very helpful and responsive in the time leading up to our wedding and answered all my questions and ensured I felt comfortable with the day of plans. The day of my wedding I was so happy to have them there! They were so calm and effecient and knew exactly what they needed/I wanted to get done. Pictures were enjoyable and even my bridal party commented on how they were a great team to have photograph our wedding. Their pictures are beautiful and I will treasure them forever! I'm so glad I hired them to photograph my big day and capture memories I will look back on the rest of my life. I very highly recomend them and encourage you to contact them to see what a great vendor they will be for your wedding day!

Profile Picture rachel, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

Oh. My. God. I just have to say how incredible Lauren and Belinda are! Photos are absolutely stunning and they are so easy to work with. I’m so grateful to the both of them for capturing our wedding day in the most perfect way!!!

Profile Picture Christine, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

annot recommend Year and a Day enough. Many of my coworkers had worked with them for their weddings so there was only one photographer I wanted to speak with when we got engaged. From day 1 they have been easy to get in touch with, very easy to work with and on the Big Day they were phenomenal. They showed up early, got through the shots I wanted and got creative beyond what I could have asked for. They treated everyone kindly and made the long picture process pleasant. At the end of the night, they stayed past their contract time to ensure that we had photos of my husband and I cutting our cake as the venue got backed up and we did not get to the cake at the planned time. They truly went above and beyond for us, never made us feel rushed. Not even a week after the wedding I was sent 50 sneak peaks that are just wonderful!! I am only sad that we opted not to have an engagement shoot with YAAD as I would have loved to work with them one more time. Definitely reach out to them for all of your photography needs, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Belinda and Lauren were a pleasure to work with from the very start. My husband and I got married in a park and then had our reception at a beer hall, and they captured the complete essence of the day from start to finish. The photos came out wonderfully and our family and friends have enjoyed them with us since we received them. Thank you, Belinda and Lauren, for capturing our day perfectly.

Photo for Year and A Day Photography Review - One of my favorites from our day!
Profile Picture Cynthia, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you’re looking for professional, artistic and patient photographers to work with on your wedding day, Belinda and Lauren go above and beyond to meet your needs. They have an eye that captures the most beautiful photos! When my husband and I booked then we put our full trust in them after describing what we were looking for and they delivered. We are so happy with our photos and so glad we were able to work with them on such a special day.

Profile Picture Andrea, 4/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Lauren and Belinda were fabulous to work with from start to finish. They were very responsive, organized and professional. I didn't have a very specific vision but when I was starting to get stressed out about organizing the family photos (in terms of dealing with timeline and sensitivities around divorced parents) Lauren was more than happy to jump on the phone with us and help us work out the shot list and schedule. They did a great job at both the standard shots and the more creative set ups and poses. I also think their pricing was more than fair for the 10 hours that they spent with us that day! Overall would highly recommend :)

Profile Picture Mary Beth, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Lauren and Belinda are incredibly talented, professional, and creative, and our photographs are amazingly beautiful as a result. From our first conversation through the delivery of the photographs, they made the entire process stress free and fun. The day of the wedding, it seemed like Lauren and Belinda were everywhere, capturing every moment of the wedding in the most artistic way possible. They kept us on schedule, took excellent advantage of the beautiful preserve we decided to take our first pictures as husband and wife in, and our entire wedding party felt at ease working with them.
We highly recommend Year and A Day and cannot thank them enough for beautifully capturing our wedding day!

Profile Picture Cristina, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files, Prints

Selecting Year and A Day was an easy choice when planning our wedding day. My best friends had used them for their wedding and I saw their amazing work first-hand. Not to mention they are very affordable and both Belinda and Lauren work endlessly to capture the magic of your wedding day. Hire these women!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Belinda and Lauren were so amazing the day of our wedding! They were on time and so efficient in every way. I was completely comfortable taking pictures with them and knew that would look beautiful, which of course they did! I have recommended them to many of my engaged friends, all who have decided to use them! They were also so quick with sending me “sneak peaks”. I couldn’t have asked for a better team the day of my wedding.

Profile Picture Dayle, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lauren was an absolute delight to work with. She is professional, flexible and made sure we got all the wonderful shots we wanted. Her creativity shines through in every photo and we had the absolute best time working with her. xoxo

Profile Picture loren, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Finding Belinda and Lauren was one of the best things that could have happened to us! They made the entire process from booking to day of photos very easy, manageable and seamless. They were responsive communicators, very flexible, as well as positive and easy going. They gave us our sneak peak photos within a couple days of the wedding which was AMAZING! We were blown away by the quality of all our photos- every single one looked like a piece of art. This is a huge decision in your wedding planning process- I would highly recommend them for this important role!

Profile Picture Kristin, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

YAAD were outstanding from the start! Aside from their incredible photography skills and beautiful work, they are truly a pleasure to work with. We love their creative style and how easy they made everything!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Belinda and Lauren are absolutely AMAZING! I highly recommend a Year and a Day Photography! From the very first email to giving them hugs after capturing our beautiful day they were SO professional and accommodating. They worked with us on the custom package we wanted (sort of in between two they offered). And they traveled several miles from their home base. We have so many precious memories from out wedding because of them and we couldn’t be been happier. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I honestly can't say enough how amazing Lauren and Belinda are! They have such a creative eye and after receiving my sneak peak I am more thrilled than I could have ever imagined. They made my husband and I really comfortable during our wedding and captured amazing shots. EVERYONE I show the sneak peak to raves about their technique and how classic our photos look. They're the dream team - you won't regret hiring them!

Profile Picture Allie, 4/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Digital Files, Prints

Year and a Day was incredible at our wedding. They took fantastic photos that looked beautiful and felt natural. They listened to exactly what we were looking for for our wedding day. I absolutely recommend them wholeheartedly. We are even going to hire them for a photo shoot with our new baby daughter. Love love love them.

Profile Picture Abigail, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had the best experience working with Belinda and Lauren for both my engagement photos and my wedding day. They were so reliable and easy to get in touch with and their work really speaks for itself. One of my closest friends Alicia just used A Year and A Day for her wedding and had a wonderful experience too. Their photos are so artistic and beautiful. I couldn’t have been happier!

Profile Picture Kim, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

Belinda and Lauren are fantastic! In particular, their attention to detail and strong shot setup were value adds. They are also lovely, personable people who interact with all key stakeholders -- think well-intentioned by cooky parents and guests -- well. For my wedding (August 2015 in East Setauket NY), we received over 700 beautiful photos that captured our ceremony and reception so nicely. They were recommended to us by way of my sister; her friend had used Year and a Day for her wedding. Belinda was also thoughtful and very reasonable with pricing and didn't oversell/up-sell "wedding packages" or anything like that. One more thing: their style isn't overly artsy or trendy, which I appreciated. These are photos that will stand the test of time as priceless memories for my family.

Profile Picture Angela, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

These women are amazing!!! They have done my engagement picture, my wedding, and my family portraits. I refer them to everyone and as a result they have done pics for literally everyone we have referred to them. As a former photo and art instructor quality, style, and the overall aesthetic are paramount for me. They deliver every time. They snap so few images you almost worry they have not got enough shots until you get them and do not know what to pick. We love so many that we still have not made a wedding album because we find it difficult to choose. The attention to both meaning and detail are so enriching to the overall product. They are kind, flexible, and unbelievably talented. I will never use anyone else for my photos.

Profile Picture Antha, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Lauren and Belinda were so easy to work with and took the most amazing photos I have ever seen. I highly recommend them if you want beautiful timeless wedding photos to look back on after your big day.

Profile Picture Erin, 5/30/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

These ladies were so amazing. They made the best out of a snow storm wedding and even had an edited picture for me the very next day. I cannot wait to see the rest of the pictures I know they're going to be amazing!

Profile Picture jazmine, 3/1/15, 7 Reviews