Yaritza Colon Photography Reviews

Yaritza Colon Photography 4
Yaritza Colon Photography 5

Dyana · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing Experience

We had an amazing experience with Yaritza and very highly recommend her. From our first conversation before we booked her, she was personable, professional, and very responsive to our vision. She has a great sense of humor. After we booked her, she worked with us to find a location and time/date that worked for our mini engagement session. During that session, she went above and beyond. She climbed on rocks and trekked around in mud to make sure she got the best shots of us. She was completely open to doing what we wanted and had great suggestions to make sure that we were getting all the best shots. She was really great and she made it fun. When we got the pictures, shortly after the session, they were spectacular. The colors and the angles were on point and we were really pleased with the final product. Between the mini session and the wedding, she checked in with us periodically and was super responsive when we had questions. In the days leading up to the wedding, she worked with us to finalize our itinerary.
    On the day of, she and her co-photographer, Bear (who we hired as a second photographer for the day of), were prompt and professional. They helped coordinate things to keep the itinerary on track, even when the venue fell short. They really stepped up to make sure our first look was spectacular. Afterward, they made sure they got the usual shots of everyone, which came out fantastic. But where they really shined were the candid moments, when the bridal party was just being themselves. That same eye for honest moments made for great shots of the guests throughout the night. When we got our photos (after a very short turnaround), we were incredibly happy. We cannot recommend Yaritza highly enough.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Jazi DeStefano · Married on 09/28/2019

The best you could get

Not only did Yaritza make 2 very non photogenic people look great- she also helped preserve the memories of my wedding that would have otherwise been lost due to a brain injury sustained 3 months before my wedding. She has an eye that allows you to relive your special day over over and I am so incredibly grateful for her patience and her work. Book her, you'll be so happy you did.

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/14/2019

Wow! Just wonderful

Yaritza is incredible! I am so delighted by our photos. I thought it would be impossible to capture the little moments of our wedding that felt so fleeting and special, but looking at her photos brought us right back. She has an amazing eye for the un-posed, sincere moment (and an amazing ability to make the posed moments feel natural!). Thank you, Yaritza!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Sara

Sara Nunez · Married on 06/22/2019

Highly recommend!

Yaritza's work really stood out to us from the moment we came across her. All of her photos had so much passion and movement. I couldn't believe how well she captured these moments, and she did not disappoint! We used her for our engagement and wedding photos and I can't believe how many magical moments she was able to preserve. We've gotten endless compliments on how beautiful the photos came out, and she got them back to us lightning fast. 100% would use again!

Yaritza Colon Photography 6
    Yaritza Colon Photography 11
    Sent on 07/31/2019

Sarah Mills · Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing esthetic; incredibly professional

We could not be happier with the service Yaritza provided. She is flexible, professional, and has an amazing eye. We picked Yaritza after looking at her website and admiring her previous work. We wanted a photographer that was able to capture the moments of the wedding, the hidden ones that showcase the raw and real emotions. And that's exactly what Yaritza delivered on! On top of the beautiful work she produced, she was incredibly communicative throughout the whole process. She clearly laid out how she likes to approach her photography while being open to suggestions and requests. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 10/12/2018

Beautiful photos and quick turnaround

Yaritza did an incredible job with our city hall elopement photos. They are stunning! She was kind, patient, and professional the entire time and she delivered our photos in a very timely fashion. She far exceeded our expectations and perfectly captured my husband and I's personalities. I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/25/2018

L · Married on 08/18/2018

We couldn't have been more thrilled with our experience with Yaritza Colon. She was really professional and managed to make my husband and I (who can be kind of awkward in photos) look absolutely amazing. She is funny, chill, and totally easy to work with and her pricing is excellent. I'm kind of a snob about wedding photos and am not into the very cheesy kind, and she just made our day look honestly like it was the most fun ever--which it was! I could not review her more highly. Seriously, I've recommended her to EVERYONE I know getting married. She's also got a great affect, attitude, and just makes it all look so atmospheric, glowy, and amazing.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Ruby · Married on 08/04/2018

Yaritza is amazing! Our wedding was in VT, but she was willing to travel to us in NYC for our engagement shoot which was so generous of her. She made us feel so at ease during the whole process. We just got married last week and already cannot wait to see the photos!!!!! Yaritza is a gem and we feel lucky to have worked with her.

Sent on 09/14/2018

Shumei · Married on 06/02/2018

I found Yaritza's work when I searched the internet for wedding photos taken at the venue we booked. I was immediately attracted by the color and emotions captured in her photos. We specifically drove to Worcester to meet her since I thought it's really important to be able to connect with your photographer. After meeting her, I knew that we'd work together very well. My husband is very shy about photos but she managed to make him look more natural than he ever was in front of the camera. At the wedding she captured so many happy moments of us, our family and all of the guests. We both love the photos! In addition to her talent and personality, communication was smooth. I also appreciate that pricing is very transparent and all the billing, payment, and final delivery are handled by a nice online platform which make everything very easy. We cannot recommend Yaritza enough. Thank you for documenting our special day!

Sent on 06/17/2018
  • Nat

Carol · Married on 03/10/2018

Finding Yaritza was like finding the needle in the haystack! It took us forever to find a photographer that we liked in our budget. Like most photographers, Yaritza has a very specific style. It's very candid, and there are very few posed pictures, which is exactly what we wanted. She did a great job capturing the mood and vibe of the festivities and capturing honest, real moments. Every time I look at my photos, I smile, because she was able to capture the joy and love of our wedding day and translate it to film. She was also very responsive and flexible with our needs, and very non-intrusive on the day of - we were able to just be ourselves and forget that she was there, which worked out perfectly for us. I'm so glad we went with her!

Sent on 03/30/2018

Kristin · Married on 02/23/2018

One of the most important things we wanted when planning our elopement was proper documentation of the event (Sorry, Dad- your iphone candids bum me out). Cue Yaritza. She was absolutely wonderful from start to finish. Not only was she friendly and funny (and a dog enthusiast) but incredibly professional. My husband and I both hate having our pictures taken. Yaritza made us feel very relaxed and gave us direction on poses and places to go. During the ceremony she was like a ghost ninja- it was like she wasn't there but she captured the whole thing beautifully from every possible angle. She delivered over 500 high-res photos from the three hours we were with her and every one whether candid or posed is amazing. Our day went by in a blur but these photos are perfect for reliving our elopement. I'll just be over here ugly crying over how beautiful they are. Whether you elope like us or you do a big shindig, I highly recommend Yaritza Colon.

Sent on 03/08/2018

Hayley · Married on 02/11/2018

Yaritza was the perfect choice for my husband and I’s New Hampshire wedding. We struggled for months finding someone in our price range and that would capture the look we were going for. Yaritza was incredibly quick to get back to me after I expressed interest in her studio. She asked about both of our families dynamics, what we were looking for, what we hoped for the ceremony/reception/overall feel of the wedding. I feel that gave Yaritza a really great idea going into it of exactly what we wanted. Day of, she was prompt, professional, and attentive. She met us and our bridal party at our air bnb to do getting ready/first look photos. Unfortunately it was raining (didn’t think I’d have to worry about that for my February wedding in NH) but we still have some really sweet photos of my husband seeing me in my dress. During the ceremony it never felt like Yaritza was imposing. There was no time when I felt she had disrupted the natural flow of the wedding and was in the right place for the right moments. We stepped out after the ceremony for some family and loved one photos which, of course I wanted some posed photos but I didn’t want to lose a lot of time from our cocktail
    Hour or miss our reception. Yaritza breezes through our portraits with ease and we were back partying before we knew it! I didn’t expect this but some of the posed photos ended up being my favorites. We really wanted the food, the fun, and the friends and family to shine candidly in the reception/party photos. Which is exactly what we got!
    The DAY my husband and I got home from our honeymoon we had our photos. We were absolutely in love with the service and the product we got using Yaritza. I would highly recommend using her for your special day.

Yaritza Colon Photography 12
    Yaritza Colon Photography 18
    Yaritza Colon Photography 19
    Sent on 03/09/2018

Benjamin · Married on 10/14/2017

Yaritza was THE best decision of our wedding. We were looking for a photographer who had a unique "lens" to the way moments were captured. All of the wedding coverage I saw from Yaritza had a beautiful and different perspective than other photographers I found. The composition, the color, the moments... she was different. And once we found her, there was no one that even came close!
    Yaritza was always so knowledgable, thoughtful, communicative and supportive throughout our entire process! She gave us all of the guidance we needed prior to our wedding, and on the day of our wedding, she could not have been better. We always trusted she was going to produce incredible photos, but we KNEW we made the 100% right decision, when it absolutely poured on our wedding day, and my husband and I still wanted to do our first look outside, with some umbrellas. I looked at her and said "are you OK with that if we roughed it outside?" and she, without missing a beat, just said "oh yeah - just throw me a poncho, let's do it!" And that's what we did, and we got the most beautiful photos we ever could have imagined. We had a few day-of obstacles thanks for Mother Nature, and she made it seem like it was no sweat, and rolled with all the punches. The photos we received caught so many wonderful moments that we didn't even realized happened, since the day was such a blur. Our family and friends could not stop raving about her. We felt so lucky to have found her and we would hire her all over again. Best decision ever!!

Yaritza Colon Photography 20
    Yaritza Colon Photography 26
    Yaritza Colon Photography 27
    Sent on 12/10/2017

Casey · Married on 10/14/2017

Yaritza was always so knowledgable, thoughtful, communicative and supportive throughout our entire process! She gave us all of the guidance we needed prior to our wedding, and on the day of our wedding, she could not have been better. We always trusted she was going to produce incredible photos, but we KNEW we made the 100% right decision, when it absolutely poured on our wedding day, and my husband and I still wanted to do our first look outside, with some umbrellas. I looked at her and said "are you OK with that if we roughed it outside?" and she, without missing a beat, just said "oh yeah - just throw me a poncho, let's do it!" And that's what we did, and we got the most beautiful photos we ever could have imagined. We had a few day-of obstacles thanks for Mother Nature, and she made it seem like it was no sweat, and rolled with all the punches. The photos we received caught so many wonderful moments that we didn't even realized happened, since the day was such a blur. Our family and friends could not stop raving about her. We felt so lucky to have found her and we would hire her all over again. Best decision ever.

Yaritza Colon Photography 28
    Yaritza Colon Photography 34
    Yaritza Colon Photography 35
    Sent on 12/10/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/30/2017

Yaritza wasn't pur first choice. Or even our second. But because of a series of strange events, we were introduced on the recommendation of another photographer. You know that saying, "If it's meant to be, it will"? Well, All I can say is the universe knew EXACTLY what it was doing when it put us in touch. Yaritza knew our aesthetic from the first conversation - her portfolio spoke to the candid, raw, emotional moments we were looking to capture (and without all the retouching that just isn't our thing). She met us in-person to go over the day, and throughout the process kept in touch and was very patient with me when it came to finalizing last-minute details (that should not have waited to the last minute, LOL). The day-of she was there but somehow managed to blend into the surroundings and just captured our loved ones in their element. She nailed it, and we could NOT BE ANY HAPPIER with our photos (which, by the way, were ready just a short few weeks after the shindig).

Yaritza Colon Photography 36
    Yaritza Colon Photography 37
    Yaritza Colon Photography 38
    Yaritza Colon Photography 39
    Yaritza Colon Photography 40
    Sent on 05/21/2018

Kelly · Married on 06/10/2017

I LOVED Yaritza!! We had a pretty intimate wedding and Yaritza was amazing at blending in! She captured so many moments that I didn't even realize she was there for! For the portraits, she made me and my husband laugh and feel very comfortable around her (we are not ones to take pictures often)! Overall, excellent quality and quick turnaround, would highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Leslie · Married on 09/24/2016

THE. BEST. Yaritza was fabulous to work with from day one and her photos are extraordinary. I cried happy tears when I saw them for the first time!

I interviewed at least 10 photographers who I didn’t click with before finding Yaritza. And then, from her first witty, personal email response that felt like we were already friends, I was in love. Her focus on getting a portrait of everyone at the wedding (because your guests are the best part!) and on naturally capturing happy moments really resonated with me.

On the day of, she managed the family dynamics and personalities seamlessly, didn't skip a beat when the schedule went out the window, made our couple pictures as non-awkward as possible, and was a blast to be around. She politely and expertly coordinated every group shot I asked for, and then blended into the background to capture the best candid moments from the most creative and organic angles.

And then there’s the actual pictures (which Yaritza edited and got back to us in just a few weeks). They are unbelievably, out-of-this-world good. You can feel the joy, the hugs, the sun, the smiles right through the screen when you look at her pictures. Yaritza did an amazing job capturing the natural beauty of our location, the happiness of the day, and the most special little moments that I didn’t even know happened. I just did a quick tally of 26 emails and texts from guests complimenting our photos + photographer. We love love love love love love the pictures!

Yaritza, you are extraordinarily talented and an absolute treasure. Thank you to infinity and beyond! We feel so lucky to have worked with you.

xo,
    Leslie & Mike

Sent on 10/22/2016

Samantha · Married on 08/21/2016

I don't have enough words to describe how helpful, kind and thoughtful Yaritza was as our wedding photographer. My husband and I remarked all night she was incredibly considerate and sweet, delicately rounding people up for group photos or quietly standing to the side capturing candids. Her photos are positively stunning - you can tell she takes such pride in her art. Beyond that, she went above and beyond helping find my lost groom and ensuring he met me in the right spot for our private first look together on the big day. There's so much magic that couldn't have developed without her guidance. I will always think of her and her grace and warmth when reflecting on that incredible and totally rad day. Working with her made me realize you need to be around a photographer on your wedding day who not only has skill but a lot of heart - she has a severe amount of both, and we can't recommend her highly enough!! Thank you, Yaritza!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Amber · Married on 07/09/2016

Yaritza was professional and wonderful to work with, she has a quiet and competent energy that will put you at ease the day of the wedding. I fell in love with her work when searching online, and the photos of our wedding did not disappoint! Highly recommended. Everyone is in love with our photos. We'll love the memories of this day for years to come.

Sent on 08/06/2016

Kelly · Married on 06/01/2016

I don't give 5 stars lightly for anything, but Yaritza deserves all 5 (and more!). Besides her great eye for stunning candid shots which is what drew us to her in the first place, start to finish Yaritza was also a dream to work with as a vendor: always incredibly responsive, easy to be around and get along with, flexible but with a clear vision, professional but friendly, flexible, helpful, cool and collected, great taste (loved that she was as excited as we were for some of our quirky wedding details, like including the Jurassic Park theme), positive attitude without any cloyingness or fakeness (important in a sea of yes-men wedding vendors who can be annoyingly thrilled about every little thing), able to lead and direct effectively without being overbearing, offers comprehensive photo packages and easy credit card payments, quick in her delivery of resulting photos... I could go on and on.

She was really gracious and accommodating when it came time to take our engagement photos, which despite my husband and I being terrible at photos, came out amazingly thanks to her wonderful direction and framing. And she and her partner Michael were like amazing photo ninjas during the wedding day, taking shots I didn't even know about until we saw the end results, going the extra distance (standing in the rain without complaint!) and being generally sneaky and unobtrusive while capturing our day candidly as it happened, which is exactly what we had hoped for. I can't stop looking at the resulting 900 photos, in awe of how beautiful they turned out and how true she was to capturing the feeling of our wedding, and can't thank her enough for her effort and her vision.

Yaritza's the total package: an amazing photographer who is so easy to work with and just a really cool person in general. You'll initially be drawn in by her art, but you'll definitely want to hire (and also maybe be her friend?) for who she is and how she conducts business. We can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Yaritza recently photographed our wedding and I can't be happier with the results!
    The photographs are beautiful and you can tell she really makes an effort to find moments happening everywhere all day. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone getting married and looking for a photographer with an amazing eye.
    Thank you!!!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Very quick to respond. Flexible. Easy to work with. Great pictures. Quick turnaround. Would definitely recommend to others.

Sent on 02/06/2016

Jamie · Married on 09/19/2015

Yaritza is the best. I was a little nervous having my wedding photographer fly in from 1000+ miles away, but it was easily one of the best decisions we made. We were even published in a print wedding magazine! Needless to say, the photos are amazing and I sound like a creep, but I totally still look at them every day. I get so many compliments on how beautiful our wedding was from people who weren't there, which I think is really a compliment to Yaritza's ability to capture an event. Even more so when you consider she had never been to Austin before!

We felt completely at ease with her, including my husband who doesn't like being in front of the camera. I can't stress enough how much we appreciated her time and work, and what a pleasure she is to work with!

Sent on 03/24/2016

Paige · Married on 08/29/2015

We've had the pleasure of knowing Yaritza from her years in the trenches taking photos at punk and hardcore shows so after that weddings are a cake walk. Yaritza was calm and relaxed during all of the bridal party shoots even when bridesmaids and groomsman were wandering all over the place! She took our suggestions and helped us visualize good spots to get lovely photos and rolled with the millions of family photos requested by our large families. Even if we didn't have prior knowledge of her work, Yaritza would be a top choice for our wedding photography because she is a talented professional that makes the process incredibly easy. Thanks Yaritza!

Sent on 09/04/2015

Karin · Married on 05/24/2015

Yaritza was absolutely wonderful to work with. Her work is beautiful, meticulous, and creative. She also has a unique lens and perspective with her photos that no one else seemed to have. Yaritza gave us a free engagement photo session in addition to our package, and she was great with encouraging my husband and I to feel natural in our pictures. On the day of, Yaritza and an assistant came to our wedding and both covered everyone well. They provided a ton of pictures to me afterward and Yaritza was quick with her turnaround time. It was so great having such an array of pictures- it felt like we were able to relive our wedding day all over again! Yaritza respected the different cultural components of our wedding by taking detailed pictures of all our cultural symbols. Her personality is relaxed, down-to-earth, and easy going. She was responsive and replied to all emails and contact in a timely manner. We would 100% go with Yaritza again because she has it all- the personality, the artistic creativity, and the professionalism you want from a photographer on your wedding day!

Sent on 01/26/2016