91 Reviews for Yaritza Colon Photography

User Photos
+27
Photos

We couldn't have been more thrilled with our experience with Yaritza Colon. She was really professional and managed to make my husband and I (who can be kind of awkward in photos) look absolutely amazing. She is funny, chill, and totally easy to work with and her pricing is excellent. I'm kind of a snob about wedding photos and am not into the very cheesy kind, and she just made our day look honestly like it was the most fun ever--which it was! I could not review her more highly. Seriously, I've recommended her to EVERYONE I know getting married. She's also got a great affect, attitude, and just makes it all look so atmospheric, glowy, and amazing.

Profile Picture L, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Yaritza is amazing! Our wedding was in VT, but she was willing to travel to us in NYC for our engagement shoot which was so generous of her. She made us feel so at ease during the whole process. We just got married last week and already cannot wait to see the photos!!!!! Yaritza is a gem and we feel lucky to have worked with her.

Profile Picture Ruby, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

I found Yaritza's work when I searched the internet for wedding photos taken at the venue we booked. I was immediately attracted by the color and emotions captured in her photos. We specifically drove to Worcester to meet her since I thought it's really important to be able to connect with your photographer. After meeting her, I knew that we'd work together very well. My husband is very shy about photos but she managed to make him look more natural than he ever was in front of the camera. At the wedding she captured so many happy moments of us, our family and all of the guests. We both love the photos! In addition to her talent and personality, communication was smooth. I also appreciate that pricing is very transparent and all the billing, payment, and final delivery are handled by a nice online platform which make everything very easy. We cannot recommend Yaritza enough. Thank you for documenting our special day!

Profile Picture Shumei, 6/2/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Finding Yaritza was like finding the needle in the haystack! It took us forever to find a photographer that we liked in our budget. Like most photographers, Yaritza has a very specific style. It's very candid, and there are very few posed pictures, which is exactly what we wanted. She did a great job capturing the mood and vibe of the festivities and capturing honest, real moments. Every time I look at my photos, I smile, because she was able to capture the joy and love of our wedding day and translate it to film. She was also very responsive and flexible with our needs, and very non-intrusive on the day of - we were able to just be ourselves and forget that she was there, which worked out perfectly for us. I'm so glad we went with her!

Profile Picture Carol, 3/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

One of the most important things we wanted when planning our elopement was proper documentation of the event (Sorry, Dad- your iphone candids bum me out). Cue Yaritza. She was absolutely wonderful from start to finish. Not only was she friendly and funny (and a dog enthusiast) but incredibly professional. My husband and I both hate having our pictures taken. Yaritza made us feel very relaxed and gave us direction on poses and places to go. During the ceremony she was like a ghost ninja- it was like she wasn't there but she captured the whole thing beautifully from every possible angle. She delivered over 500 high-res photos from the three hours we were with her and every one whether candid or posed is amazing. Our day went by in a blur but these photos are perfect for reliving our elopement. I'll just be over here ugly crying over how beautiful they are. Whether you elope like us or you do a big shindig, I highly recommend Yaritza Colon.

Profile Picture Kristin, 2/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Yaritza was the perfect choice for my husband and I’s New Hampshire wedding. We struggled for months finding someone in our price range and that would capture the look we were going for. Yaritza was incredibly quick to get back to me after I expressed interest in her studio. She asked about both of our families dynamics, what we were looking for, what we hoped for the ceremony/reception/overall feel of the wedding. I feel that gave Yaritza a really great idea going into it of exactly what we wanted. Day of, she was prompt, professional, and attentive. She met us and our bridal party at our air bnb to do getting ready/first look photos. Unfortunately it was raining (didn’t think I’d have to worry about that for my February wedding in NH) but we still have some really sweet photos of my husband seeing me in my dress. During the ceremony it never felt like Yaritza was imposing. There was no time when I felt she had disrupted the natural flow of the wedding and was in the right place for the right moments. We stepped out after the ceremony for some family and loved one photos which, of course I wanted some posed photos but I didn’t want to lose a lot of time from our cocktail
Hour or miss our reception. Yaritza breezes through our portraits with ease and we were back partying before we knew it! I didn’t expect this but some of the posed photos ended up being my favorites. We really wanted the food, the fun, and the friends and family to shine candidly in the reception/party photos. Which is exactly what we got!
The DAY my husband and I got home from our honeymoon we had our photos. We were absolutely in love with the service and the product we got using Yaritza. I would highly recommend using her for your special day.

Profile Picture Hayley, 2/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Yaritza is amazing! I'm already recommending her to 2 other couples getting married next year. She is kind, funny, professional and has a beautiful and discerning eye. My husband does not like getting his picture taken, and even he was said "wow, I look good." when we got the photos back (1400+ shots I might add!) She made us, our family and wedding party feel so comfortable during the posed pictures. And the candids of us and our guests are out of this world- she captured our emotions and reactions so perfectly and genuinely. It's really like having a friend you've known for ages at your wedding. Yaritza just knows what makes sense and what to capture. Oh, and did I mention she travels! Seriously, why aren't you calling her right now? :)

Profile Picture Meaghan, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Yaritza was THE best decision of our wedding. We were looking for a photographer who had a unique "lens" to the way moments were captured. All of the wedding coverage I saw from Yaritza had a beautiful and different perspective than other photographers I found. The composition, the color, the moments... she was different. And once we found her, there was no one that even came close!
Yaritza was always so knowledgable, thoughtful, communicative and supportive throughout our entire process! She gave us all of the guidance we needed prior to our wedding, and on the day of our wedding, she could not have been better. We always trusted she was going to produce incredible photos, but we KNEW we made the 100% right decision, when it absolutely poured on our wedding day, and my husband and I still wanted to do our first look outside, with some umbrellas. I looked at her and said "are you OK with that if we roughed it outside?" and she, without missing a beat, just said "oh yeah - just throw me a poncho, let's do it!" And that's what we did, and we got the most beautiful photos we ever could have imagined. We had a few day-of obstacles thanks for Mother Nature, and she made it seem like it was no sweat, and rolled with all the punches. The photos we received caught so many wonderful moments that we didn't even realized happened, since the day was such a blur. Our family and friends could not stop raving about her. We felt so lucky to have found her and we would hire her all over again. Best decision ever!!

Profile Picture Benjamin, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Yaritza was always so knowledgable, thoughtful, communicative and supportive throughout our entire process! She gave us all of the guidance we needed prior to our wedding, and on the day of our wedding, she could not have been better. We always trusted she was going to produce incredible photos, but we KNEW we made the 100% right decision, when it absolutely poured on our wedding day, and my husband and I still wanted to do our first look outside, with some umbrellas. I looked at her and said "are you OK with that if we roughed it outside?" and she, without missing a beat, just said "oh yeah - just throw me a poncho, let's do it!" And that's what we did, and we got the most beautiful photos we ever could have imagined. We had a few day-of obstacles thanks for Mother Nature, and she made it seem like it was no sweat, and rolled with all the punches. The photos we received caught so many wonderful moments that we didn't even realized happened, since the day was such a blur. Our family and friends could not stop raving about her. We felt so lucky to have found her and we would hire her all over again. Best decision ever.

Profile Picture Casey, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

Yaritza wasn't pur first choice. Or even our second. But because of a series of strange events, we were introduced on the recommendation of another photographer. You know that saying, "If it's meant to be, it will"? Well, All I can say is the universe knew EXACTLY what it was doing when it put us in touch. Yaritza knew our aesthetic from the first conversation - her portfolio spoke to the candid, raw, emotional moments we were looking to capture (and without all the retouching that just isn't our thing). She met us in-person to go over the day, and throughout the process kept in touch and was very patient with me when it came to finalizing last-minute details (that should not have waited to the last minute, LOL). The day-of she was there but somehow managed to blend into the surroundings and just captured our loved ones in their element. She nailed it, and we could NOT BE ANY HAPPIER with our photos (which, by the way, were ready just a short few weeks after the shindig).

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I LOVED Yaritza!! We had a pretty intimate wedding and Yaritza was amazing at blending in! She captured so many moments that I didn't even realize she was there for! For the portraits, she made me and my husband laugh and feel very comfortable around her (we are not ones to take pictures often)! Overall, excellent quality and quick turnaround, would highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other)

THE. BEST. Yaritza was fabulous to work with from day one and her photos are extraordinary. I cried happy tears when I saw them for the first time!

I interviewed at least 10 photographers who I didn’t click with before finding Yaritza. And then, from her first witty, personal email response that felt like we were already friends, I was in love. Her focus on getting a portrait of everyone at the wedding (because your guests are the best part!) and on naturally capturing happy moments really resonated with me.

On the day of, she managed the family dynamics and personalities seamlessly, didn't skip a beat when the schedule went out the window, made our couple pictures as non-awkward as possible, and was a blast to be around. She politely and expertly coordinated every group shot I asked for, and then blended into the background to capture the best candid moments from the most creative and organic angles.

And then there’s the actual pictures (which Yaritza edited and got back to us in just a few weeks). They are unbelievably, out-of-this-world good. You can feel the joy, the hugs, the sun, the smiles right through the screen when you look at her pictures. Yaritza did an amazing job capturing the natural beauty of our location, the happiness of the day, and the most special little moments that I didn’t even know happened. I just did a quick tally of 26 emails and texts from guests complimenting our photos + photographer. We love love love love love love the pictures!

Yaritza, you are extraordinarily talented and an absolute treasure. Thank you to infinity and beyond! We feel so lucky to have worked with you.

xo,
Leslie & Mike

Profile Picture Leslie, 9/24/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

I don't have enough words to describe how helpful, kind and thoughtful Yaritza was as our wedding photographer. My husband and I remarked all night she was incredibly considerate and sweet, delicately rounding people up for group photos or quietly standing to the side capturing candids. Her photos are positively stunning - you can tell she takes such pride in her art. Beyond that, she went above and beyond helping find my lost groom and ensuring he met me in the right spot for our private first look together on the big day. There's so much magic that couldn't have developed without her guidance. I will always think of her and her grace and warmth when reflecting on that incredible and totally rad day. Working with her made me realize you need to be around a photographer on your wedding day who not only has skill but a lot of heart - she has a severe amount of both, and we can't recommend her highly enough!! Thank you, Yaritza!

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/21/16, 2 Reviews
4.7

I was lucky enough to witness Yaritza in action at my best friends wedding and she was on the top of my list for vendors when I was getting married. She remembered exactly who I was and immediately gave me a response and confirmation that she was available for my date. She has a super user-friendly website and I was able to make easy payments via her online transaction site (which is safe & secure! She also gave us enough notice to be prepared with spreading out all payments) - all that I just mentioned however was icing on the cake; her skills and attention to detail just make so many moments at our wedding that much more special. I could not believe all that she was able to capture when we received our photos. It was more than I could have ever imagined, it's like she was invisible in the crowd and was able to capture so many emotional, special moments throughout our big day. Not only that, but our engagement session was amazing too! We were able to really get to know one another and get comfortable being photographed, so on our wedding day, there was no tensions whatsoever. Yaritza was prompt in all our meetings, she was even like 30 minutes early for our wedding! The best thing that I could have got (on top of her amazing talent) is that she was there for almost 10 hours at our wedding. I hear now that a lot of photographers are very strict on the amount of time they spend with you on your wedding day, then the additional fees add up. That is absolutely NOT the case with Yaritza. She's super transparent from the beginning and is there to make sure that you are more than satisfied with your photos and experience. I love every single one of our pictures and am constantly going back and flipping through them all again. It would be a mistake to not consult Yaritza for your wedding, she's the ultimate professional and an all around amazing person that you would be silly not to consider. I have recommended her already to countless friends and will continue to do so.

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)

Yaritza was professional and wonderful to work with, she has a quiet and competent energy that will put you at ease the day of the wedding. I fell in love with her work when searching online, and the photos of our wedding did not disappoint! Highly recommended. Everyone is in love with our photos. We'll love the memories of this day for years to come.

Profile Picture Amber, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)

I don't give 5 stars lightly for anything, but Yaritza deserves all 5 (and more!). Besides her great eye for stunning candid shots which is what drew us to her in the first place, start to finish Yaritza was also a dream to work with as a vendor: always incredibly responsive, easy to be around and get along with, flexible but with a clear vision, professional but friendly, flexible, helpful, cool and collected, great taste (loved that she was as excited as we were for some of our quirky wedding details, like including the Jurassic Park theme), positive attitude without any cloyingness or fakeness (important in a sea of yes-men wedding vendors who can be annoyingly thrilled about every little thing), able to lead and direct effectively without being overbearing, offers comprehensive photo packages and easy credit card payments, quick in her delivery of resulting photos... I could go on and on.

She was really gracious and accommodating when it came time to take our engagement photos, which despite my husband and I being terrible at photos, came out amazingly thanks to her wonderful direction and framing. And she and her partner Michael were like amazing photo ninjas during the wedding day, taking shots I didn't even know about until we saw the end results, going the extra distance (standing in the rain without complaint!) and being generally sneaky and unobtrusive while capturing our day candidly as it happened, which is exactly what we had hoped for. I can't stop looking at the resulting 900 photos, in awe of how beautiful they turned out and how true she was to capturing the feeling of our wedding, and can't thank her enough for her effort and her vision.

Yaritza's the total package: an amazing photographer who is so easy to work with and just a really cool person in general. You'll initially be drawn in by her art, but you'll definitely want to hire (and also maybe be her friend?) for who she is and how she conducts business. We can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/1/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Yaritza was an absolute joy! From our first e-mail exchange to our first meeting at the wedding, I felt like she really understood our vibe and what we wanted to get out of our photos. I absolutely hate getting my pictures taken, and as cheesy as this sounds, Yaritza made me feel beautiful. I was truly amazed at how she captured our personalities, our guests, and all those little moments that we may have missed throughout the day. Yaritza sneaks around like a ninja-- you won't even realize she's there at moments, but she's always snapping away. She photographed absolutely everyone that attended the wedding, which is awesome to have and look back on. Yaritza's turnaround time for getting photos back to us was like lightening speed and her communication throughout the entire process was amazing. We cannot recommend her enough!!!

Profile Picture Gina, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Yaritza recently photographed our wedding and I can't be happier with the results!
The photographs are beautiful and you can tell she really makes an effort to find moments happening everywhere all day. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone getting married and looking for a photographer with an amazing eye.
Thank you!!!

Profile Picture User6807994, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Very quick to respond. Flexible. Easy to work with. Great pictures. Quick turnaround. Would definitely recommend to others.

Profile Picture User6327036, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Yaritza is the best. I was a little nervous having my wedding photographer fly in from 1000+ miles away, but it was easily one of the best decisions we made. We were even published in a print wedding magazine! Needless to say, the photos are amazing and I sound like a creep, but I totally still look at them every day. I get so many compliments on how beautiful our wedding was from people who weren't there, which I think is really a compliment to Yaritza's ability to capture an event. Even more so when you consider she had never been to Austin before!

We felt completely at ease with her, including my husband who doesn't like being in front of the camera. I can't stress enough how much we appreciated her time and work, and what a pleasure she is to work with!

Profile Picture Jamie, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We've had the pleasure of knowing Yaritza from her years in the trenches taking photos at punk and hardcore shows so after that weddings are a cake walk. Yaritza was calm and relaxed during all of the bridal party shoots even when bridesmaids and groomsman were wandering all over the place! She took our suggestions and helped us visualize good spots to get lovely photos and rolled with the millions of family photos requested by our large families. Even if we didn't have prior knowledge of her work, Yaritza would be a top choice for our wedding photography because she is a talented professional that makes the process incredibly easy. Thanks Yaritza!

Profile Picture Paige, 8/29/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Yaritza was absolutely wonderful to work with. Her work is beautiful, meticulous, and creative. She also has a unique lens and perspective with her photos that no one else seemed to have. Yaritza gave us a free engagement photo session in addition to our package, and she was great with encouraging my husband and I to feel natural in our pictures. On the day of, Yaritza and an assistant came to our wedding and both covered everyone well. They provided a ton of pictures to me afterward and Yaritza was quick with her turnaround time. It was so great having such an array of pictures- it felt like we were able to relive our wedding day all over again! Yaritza respected the different cultural components of our wedding by taking detailed pictures of all our cultural symbols. Her personality is relaxed, down-to-earth, and easy going. She was responsive and replied to all emails and contact in a timely manner. We would 100% go with Yaritza again because she has it all- the personality, the artistic creativity, and the professionalism you want from a photographer on your wedding day!

Profile Picture Karin, 5/24/15, 4 Reviews
4.7

Yaritza was amazing to work with, easy going and met our professional needs. Her style is unlike most and she truly captured who we are as a couple in our photos. I would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture User6303647, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Yaritza is an amazing photographer if you are looking for someone who captures moments and isn't just posing your guests. She is quiet, goes unnoticed, and captures the true you.

Profile Picture Brooke, 2/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Yaritza is A-MA-ZING! She was prompt and informative in answering all of her emails. Her wedding package prices were unbelievably reasonable and from the second we met her in person at our engagement photo shoot, I knew she was the perfect fit. On the day of our wedding, it poured. We had all these plans to take photos outside and my heart broke when I knew it wouldn't happen. But she came prepared for the weather and made a lot of suggestions for other photo ideas and our pictures came out great. We were even able to get a few shots outside with umbrellas, that came out wonderful. She managed to make a gray and dreary day seem bright and cheerful. I'm so glad we chose her to be our photographer, and I am sure you will be too!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 11/1/14, 5 Reviews