Yana Shellman Photography Reviews

43 Reviews for Yana Shellman Photography

43 Yana Shellman Photography Reviews
  • Future Dr.Mrs

Cara · Getting married on 06/29/2019

We have booked Yana for our engagement and wedding, however we’ve only taken our engagement pictures. They came out phenomenal and we are so excited to see what our wedding pictures will look like! Yana is extremely professional but also so personable. The shoot was not awkward at all and she is so warm and easy to get along with. She wants the best for her clients and is totally responsive in listening to requests and suggestions. I’m so happy to have met Yana and booked her for our big day!

Yana Shellman Photography 1
    Yana Shellman Photography 2

Caitlin · Married on 09/29/2018

Yana deserves a million stars, not just five! She was the only photographer that we met with because we knew after our initial meeting that she was exactly what we were looking for - she was professional, bubbly, and so patient in answering all of our questions. We have received our sneak peek photos and we could not be any happier with them and we have received so many compliments from other guests! Yana caught so many beautiful and funny moments, you can tell that she was very attentive and wanted to capture every special moment for us!

Brittany · Married on 09/02/2018

Yana was absolutely incredible, and has been so special to us throughout our wedding journey. From our first inquiry, Yana was enthusiastic, caring, passionate, and professional. As if her personality wasn't enough to win us over, her work is stunning! We loved the "candid" look to her photos and the soft finishings. It completely fit our vision for our wedding day. My husband and I first did an engagement session last October. Yana really helped us to feel comfortable as we took her direction. We loved how natural the photos came out! They weren't overly posed and the images she captured were just beautiful. At that point, we were sure we chose the right photographer. Our wedding was just earlier this month, and Yana played a huge role in making our day a dream come true. She was with us from start to finish! She also worked so well with our vendors, especially our videographers, which is so important! We have gotten a few images from our wedding so far and they are exactly what we hoped for! We are anxiously awaiting the rest of the photos. We would highly highly highly recommend Yana for any of your photography needs. She is the best!

Christina · Married on 06/22/2018

I could not have asked for a better photographer who is more professional and talented at what they do. Yana truly loves what she does as it shows in every single photo she takes. From the beginning of my journey with her to the end she was an absolute pleasure to work with. I am so in love with my all my wedding photos and beyond grateful for all the memories she captured. Yana is truly worth every penny and more!

Stefanie · Married on 06/15/2018

Yana was amazing!! She will offer you nothing less than the best! Her work is so beautiful and she really listens to what style and feel you want when looking back at your photos. I highly recommend her!

Yana Shellman Photography 3
    Yana Shellman Photography 4
    Yana Shellman Photography 5
    Yana Shellman Photography 6

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2018

Choosing Yana to be our wedding photographer was the best decision we made for our wedding. Not only is she the sweetest, friendliest person, she is also a complete professional. We met for the first time for our engagement photos. We were very nervous and not used to having professional photos taken but Yana put us at ease and went along with every idea we had, including having our dog in the photos. Leading up to the wedding she was completely organized and on top of every detail. On our wedding day she was punctual, upbeat, and endlessly energetic. I don't know how she does it. Everyone at our wedding was commenting that Yana managed to be everywhere for any special moment, without being intrusive or in the way at all. We completely love our photos and will treasure them forever along with the personal USB drive of the photos and the amazing album. I would highly recommend Yana to anyone.

Yana Shellman Photography 7
    Yana Shellman Photography 8
    Yana Shellman Photography 9
    Yana Shellman Photography 10
    Yana Shellman Photography 11

Katie · Married on 05/19/2018

There are no words to describe how wonderful Yana Shellman is! Yana's photographs are absolutely beautiful, but it was her vibrant personality that sold us on her instantly. We were completely at ease only moments after meeting her. She has an undeniable passion for photography while also having a true interest in getting to know her clients. For our wedding day we offered a very short "must have" photo list and left the rest in her hands. We were not disappointed! All of the big to little details were captured, but more importantly she captured every emotion of the day. Every single photograph had so much life it felt as if you are reliving it. My husband and I would choose Yana Shellman Photography over and over again!!

Victoria · Married on 05/12/2018

Yana was fantastic! We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. She worked nonstop during our ceremony and reception taking pictures and helping out wherever she was needed. We have tons of great shots of our wedding and could not be happier.

Yana Shellman Photography 12

Shanna · Married on 12/31/2017

I cannot say enough about how truly amazing Yana was as a wedding photographer! I knew from our first meeting she was a perfect fit for our wedding! In addition to being a kind, patient, and understanding person she is also a wonderful photographer. She truly captured the fun atmosphere and emotions of our New Years Eve wedding! I can’t thank her enough!

Jackie · Married on 11/25/2017

Yana was the best choice we could have ever made for a wedding photographer. She did such a great job asking about what we wanted, helping us to organize a timeline, and making us feel comfortable leading up to our wedding.

On our wedding day, she exceeded our expectations even more. My husband and I are not photogenic people and picture taking is actually a huge stressor for me. Yana is like a friend who makes it feel so natural and and comfortable. Not only was she a pleasure to work with for us, but our family and friends raved about her kindness and talent as well.

Yana was quick at getting our pictures back to us after! We loved them so much as we knew we would from looking at her beautiful pictures before hiring her. Every part of working with Yana was a true pleasure.

rachel · Married on 11/11/2017

Yana is truly an amazing photographer and a lovely person through and through! I highly recommend Yana to anyone looking for a engagement or wedding photographer! Yana shot our engagement photos and we could not wait for her to shoot our wedding! She made my husband and I very comfortable and was able to capture every detail and moment perfectly. I don't think any other photographer could have captured our wedding and engagement photos like Yana did! Thank you again from the bottom of my heart! <3

Michelle · Married on 11/04/2017

I wish we could give Yana more than 5 stars. From beginning to end, she was thorough, kind and captured our wedding day beautifully. We got tons of compliments on how beautiful our pictures turned out. Yana was very professional and well prepared, she planned ahead of time to make sure she knew the times of images we wanted and even learned some our key family members to make sure she got enough pictures of them. She was very quick to get our pictures back to us too - we were able to enjoy them while still on our honeymoon. I highly recommend Yana to anyone looking for a fabulous wedding photographer. She did an amazing job for us and we couldn’t be more pleased with her work.

Merry · Married on 10/14/2017

Yana was EXTREMELY professional, sweet and caring from our first phone call to our goodbyes the night of our wedding! We would HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend her to photograph your wedding. She does amazing, creative work - all while keeping us laughing the entire day and night. She thinks of photographic shots in ways you wouldn't expect! She is extremely artistic but at the same time, she catches what you want most on film. She maintains control in the best way possible - if she sees an opportunity for the perfect shot, she takes advantage of it - with your approval, of course. So polite, so courteous...we could go on and on...you MUST hire Yana for your wedding. Reasonably priced...she works with your budget and really designs the day and shots around what YOU want. And did I mention professional and funny? :) LOVE YANA! A true pleasure to have her with us on our special day.

George · Married on 10/07/2017

Yana was absolutely great. She captured all the perfect moments without going so far as to tire us out or pushing us too far during our wedding. Don't hesitate!

Kayla · Married on 09/19/2017

My husband and I got married about 550 miles from our home so I spent months online trying to research vendors. During my countless hours of searching, I happened upon a picture of a grandmother helping her grandson prepare for his part in someone’s big day. The picture really stuck out to me, it was quite moving, I immediately followed up on the photographer. We felt so very fortunate to have stumbled upon Yana this way. The initial decision to work with her for our wedding was one of the easiest we made- we met with Yana via Facetime and moved forward with total confidence. Her demeanor was so very pleasant while maintaining a superior level of professionalism. She specifically requested to hear our needs and expectations of her and our day, gave input and helped us put together a schedule that worked perfectly for us. Her follow up was great; she was responsive and always very clear about what we should expect.
    On the day of, Yana and her assistant arrived as scheduled and ready to go. We were behind scheduled and they remained super flexible and handled these challenges with poise and ease. My husband and I could not be more pleased with her, our whole day was exquisitely documented with photographic precision by someone who truly cares and wants you to love your pictures. Yana prepares a really sweet blog about each couple; ours was ready one week after the wedding! It is so neat to get such a thorough preview so quickly. The full album was available one month after the wedding and we have the most stunning collection of our own moving photos that we are so proud of. Going through them is truly like reliving the day, every little detail that meant so much to us captured just perfectly. We can honestly recommend Yana’s services with the upmost confidence. When all was said and done, we felt honored to have had the opportunity to work with such a wonderful, skillful and gifted person who delivers exactly what they say they will.

Anton · Married on 07/29/2017

Yana is a skillful professional photographer with amazing personality and hilariously quirky wit. Her service was not only well worth the investment and effort but also an enjoyable experience. We appreciate her patience and kindness she displayed during both of the photo shoots she did for my lovely wife and I.

Yana Shellman Photography 13
  • W

Will · Married on 06/18/2017

Yana was outright fantastic. She was flexible to requests and amenable through the entire process. She's friendly and incredibly skilled. The shots were turned around quickly, and they look amazing. Hiring her was absolutely the right decision.

Dina · Married on 06/10/2017

Yana and her crew were absolutely fabulous! They worked so hard, they did not sit down once and somehow managed to tackle every photo on my extensive wish-list

Stephanie · Married on 05/19/2017

Yana was a great choice for my wedding! We were planning our delaware wedding from out of state and Yana was more than accomodating...allowing us to do phone planning, skype calls etc. Aside from our actual photo shoot during the wedding I didnt notice her at all. I was surprised to receive the pictures and seebeautiful (up close) images of special moments because I never noticed her in the moment. That made for a great experience because I could enjoy my wedding and not have to worry about invasive photography. Yana also has a friendly personality. Yana truly delivered and I would highly recommend.

Kristin · Married on 04/14/2017

Yana is such a great photographer and person in general! Right from the start she was so friendly and made me feel very comfortable. She was always there to answer any questions I had and also did so very promptly. She made sure that she made my wedding day go as smooth as possible. She came for the full day and was be there to capture every moment possible. It’s hard in your wedding day because you want to enjoy it and sometimes all of the roles you have to play can be very overwhelming. Yana managed to balance it out and we didn’t feel like she was overbearing or over doing it yet she still somehow managed to capture all the best moments. I would recommended Yana to any bride/groom or anybody else looking for great photos! You will not be disappointed!

Yana Shellman Photography 14

Vicky · Married on 10/30/2016

One of the best decisions that we made for our wedding day. Yana has a great personality and an amazing work ethic. We loved her creativity and everyone(including us) loves our pictures! (they were ready only 2 weeks after our wedding!) Completely recommend!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Yana Shellman Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment!!!!

Nora · Married on 10/22/2016

My husband and I feel so incredibly lucky and blessed to have found Yana! All of our questions were answered within hours of sending them to her and she provided a detailed timeline to make our day go seamless. Her artistic presentation and eye for detail brought our wedding day to life. In addition to her professionalism and artistry, she had an amazing energy and went above and beyond to make our day and the memories of it perfect. Each person who has seen our pictures has been blown away on the high quality and the timeliness of delivery. Working with Yana and her assistant Issac was an extremely memorable part of our day and you could not find a better photographer!!!

Sent on 11/26/2016

Yana Shellman Photography's reply:

Oh, Nora! These are the best words I can hear!!! Thank you SO much for taking time to write this and for being so kind!!!

Lindsay · Married on 10/01/2016

The way we found Yana was completely by chance, and I must say, we couldn't have gotten any luckier.

From the moment we met Yana to initially discuss our wedding vision and everything, we knew she was going to be our photographer! Her sense of humor and kindness along with her style was exactly what we were looking for in a photographer!

Our wedding day was a tad rainy, but our photos turned out even more beautifully than we could ever imagine. Her creative style really shined and every picture was incredible. She made everyone involved feel so comfortable - I am not one who likes pictures and she made me feel comfortable and it was so easy for me to act natural. Yana took so many photos, I really couldn't believe she literally captured every moment! When we received our photos, it was like we were reliving that day/night all over again - it was amazing.

I would recommend Yana without hesitation to ANYONE looking for a photographer... you would be so lucky to have her.

Sent on 12/04/2016

Yana Shellman Photography's reply:

Aww, Linsday! These are the best words I can hear!!! Thank you SO much for taking time to write this and for being so kind!!!

Kayla · Married on 09/24/2016

Yana was so friendly and easy to work with for our engagement and wedding photos. I absolutely love the photos we got and am so glad I will have them to cherish forever. I would recommend Yana to anyone looking for an event photographer in the New Jersey/Philadelphia region.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Yana Shellman Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much for taking time to write this and for being so kind!!!