32 Reviews for Yana Shellman Photography

Albums (1)
Digital Files (1)
Prints (1)
32 Yana Shellman Photography Reviews

We have booked Yana for our engagement and wedding, however we’ve only taken our engagement pictures. They came out phenomenal and we are so excited to see what our wedding pictures will look like! Yana is extremely professional but also so personable. The shoot was not awkward at all and she is so warm and easy to get along with. She wants the best for her clients and is totally responsive in listening to requests and suggestions. I’m so happy to have met Yana and booked her for our big day!

Profile Picture Cara, 6/29/19, 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Yana was EXTREMELY professional, sweet and caring from our first phone call to our goodbyes the night of our wedding! We would HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend her to photograph your wedding. She does amazing, creative work - all while keeping us laughing the entire day and night. She thinks of photographic shots in ways you wouldn't expect! She is extremely artistic but at the same time, she catches what you want most on film. She maintains control in the best way possible - if she sees an opportunity for the perfect shot, she takes advantage of it - with your approval, of course. So polite, so courteous...we could go on and on...you MUST hire Yana for your wedding. Reasonably priced...she works with your budget and really designs the day and shots around what YOU want. And did I mention professional and funny? :) LOVE YANA! A true pleasure to have her with us on our special day.

Profile Picture Merry, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Yana was absolutely great. She captured all the perfect moments without going so far as to tire us out or pushing us too far during our wedding. Don't hesitate!

Profile Picture George, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I got married about 550 miles from our home so I spent months online trying to research vendors. During my countless hours of searching, I happened upon a picture of a grandmother helping her grandson prepare for his part in someone’s big day. The picture really stuck out to me, it was quite moving, I immediately followed up on the photographer. We felt so very fortunate to have stumbled upon Yana this way. The initial decision to work with her for our wedding was one of the easiest we made- we met with Yana via Facetime and moved forward with total confidence. Her demeanor was so very pleasant while maintaining a superior level of professionalism. She specifically requested to hear our needs and expectations of her and our day, gave input and helped us put together a schedule that worked perfectly for us. Her follow up was great; she was responsive and always very clear about what we should expect.
On the day of, Yana and her assistant arrived as scheduled and ready to go. We were behind scheduled and they remained super flexible and handled these challenges with poise and ease. My husband and I could not be more pleased with her, our whole day was exquisitely documented with photographic precision by someone who truly cares and wants you to love your pictures. Yana prepares a really sweet blog about each couple; ours was ready one week after the wedding! It is so neat to get such a thorough preview so quickly. The full album was available one month after the wedding and we have the most stunning collection of our own moving photos that we are so proud of. Going through them is truly like reliving the day, every little detail that meant so much to us captured just perfectly. We can honestly recommend Yana’s services with the upmost confidence. When all was said and done, we felt honored to have had the opportunity to work with such a wonderful, skillful and gifted person who delivers exactly what they say they will.

Profile Picture Kayla, 9/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Yana is a skillful professional photographer with amazing personality and hilariously quirky wit. Her service was not only well worth the investment and effort but also an enjoyable experience. We appreciate her patience and kindness she displayed during both of the photo shoots she did for my lovely wife and I.

Profile Picture Anton, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Yana was outright fantastic. She was flexible to requests and amenable through the entire process. She's friendly and incredibly skilled. The shots were turned around quickly, and they look amazing. Hiring her was absolutely the right decision.

Profile Picture Will, 6/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Yana and her crew were absolutely fabulous! They worked so hard, they did not sit down once and somehow managed to tackle every photo on my extensive wish-list

Profile Picture Dina, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Yana was a great choice for my wedding! We were planning our delaware wedding from out of state and Yana was more than accomodating...allowing us to do phone planning, skype calls etc. Aside from our actual photo shoot during the wedding I didnt notice her at all. I was surprised to receive the pictures and seebeautiful (up close) images of special moments because I never noticed her in the moment. That made for a great experience because I could enjoy my wedding and not have to worry about invasive photography. Yana also has a friendly personality. Yana truly delivered and I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Yana is such a great photographer and person in general! Right from the start she was so friendly and made me feel very comfortable. She was always there to answer any questions I had and also did so very promptly. She made sure that she made my wedding day go as smooth as possible. She came for the full day and was be there to capture every moment possible. It’s hard in your wedding day because you want to enjoy it and sometimes all of the roles you have to play can be very overwhelming. Yana managed to balance it out and we didn’t feel like she was overbearing or over doing it yet she still somehow managed to capture all the best moments. I would recommended Yana to any bride/groom or anybody else looking for great photos! You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kristin, 4/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

One of the best decisions that we made for our wedding day. Yana has a great personality and an amazing work ethic. We loved her creativity and everyone(including us) loves our pictures! (they were ready only 2 weeks after our wedding!) Completely recommend!

Profile Picture User7409315, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I feel so incredibly lucky and blessed to have found Yana! All of our questions were answered within hours of sending them to her and she provided a detailed timeline to make our day go seamless. Her artistic presentation and eye for detail brought our wedding day to life. In addition to her professionalism and artistry, she had an amazing energy and went above and beyond to make our day and the memories of it perfect. Each person who has seen our pictures has been blown away on the high quality and the timeliness of delivery. Working with Yana and her assistant Issac was an extremely memorable part of our day and you could not find a better photographer!!!

Profile Picture Nora, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Slideshow

The way we found Yana was completely by chance, and I must say, we couldn't have gotten any luckier.

From the moment we met Yana to initially discuss our wedding vision and everything, we knew she was going to be our photographer! Her sense of humor and kindness along with her style was exactly what we were looking for in a photographer!

Our wedding day was a tad rainy, but our photos turned out even more beautifully than we could ever imagine. Her creative style really shined and every picture was incredible. She made everyone involved feel so comfortable - I am not one who likes pictures and she made me feel comfortable and it was so easy for me to act natural. Yana took so many photos, I really couldn't believe she literally captured every moment! When we received our photos, it was like we were reliving that day/night all over again - it was amazing.

I would recommend Yana without hesitation to ANYONE looking for a photographer... you would be so lucky to have her.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Yana was so friendly and easy to work with for our engagement and wedding photos. I absolutely love the photos we got and am so glad I will have them to cherish forever. I would recommend Yana to anyone looking for an event photographer in the New Jersey/Philadelphia region.

Profile Picture User7432339, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hiring Yana Shellman is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. I cannot say enough positive things about Yana and the photographs she took for an engagement session, a boudoir shoot and our wedding day. Yana is a joy to work with, an incredibly sweet woman. Her personality makes it easy to smile/pose for the photographs. The pictures themselves are wonderful and visually stunning. Yana did such a wonderful job capturing the warmth and happiness of our wedding day. An excellent reminder of an excellent day.

Furthermore, Yana is incredibly prompt getting images to us. The day after our wedding, preview photos were posted. 6 days after the wedding, Yana posted a lovely six-minute video of pictures set to music. 8 days after the wedding, as soon as we returned to the country from our honeymoon, our full album was available of over 1500 pictures! Amazing!

All around, Yana Shellman Photography was an amazing photographer. I very, very highly recommend!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Yana Shellman is amazing in every sense of the word! If you are lucky enough to have her as your wedding photographer, this will be the best choice you make by far for your big day. The photos taken of my wedding on the beach in Cape May turned out absolutely gorgeous. Her attention to detail during the day of the wedding and her easy-going, playful manner made it so enjoyable to be photographed. It was obviously a special day for the two of us, but what made it even more special was to see a third party enjoying herself just as much as we were.

From the minute we met Yana my husband and I knew we had won the jack pot! She is professional, bubbly, and passionate about her work. When we opened up our photo gallery only 2 days after our wedding, we were blown away by the breathtaking images that Yana had captured. And to top it off, she included a 6 minute slideshow of our wedding pictures set to music with no extra charge. What a spectacular wedding gift! We feel truly blessed to have worked with such a talented and lovely photographer.

Worth every penny! I would pay double knowing what I know now!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Yana did such an outstanding job at our wedding. We really couldn't have asked for anything more - she was prompt (early, in fact), bubbly, easy and fun to work with, responded quickly to our requests...and the photos! Oh my goodness they are beautiful. I have never liked having my photo taken and was very concerned about looking foolish in them. Needless to say, she managed to make everyone look amazing. We are so happy we chose Yana to share our special day!!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/5/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Yana shellman saved our day!! We only met her 4 days before our wedding. We only spoke on the phone before our wedding. Answered all my questions before I asked them. She calmed me down and assured me everything would be OK.and it was. She is absolutely amazing! She did everything we asked. Her work is simply breath taking. Our pictures came out better than we could ever imagine. We are so lucky to have had her be there on our special day capturing those moments. her assistant was amazing as well. Everyone loves our pictures. I couldn't imagine having anyone else taking our pictures. We seen all of our pictures a Month after our wedding. She doesn't waste any time. I expected to wait at least 3 months.but not with yana. I would recommend her in a heart beat!

Profile Picture rachel, 5/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Yana was friendly, professional, easy to work with and creative at our April 2015 wedding in Philadelphia. Ours was a very small event, and Yana did a great job of capturing it and did some fantastic couples shots. Very responsive to our individual wishes. I would enthusiastically recommend her.

Profile Picture M, 4/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot start describing how much I enjoyed working with Yana. First of all her personality is more than perfect. She was probably the nicest one at the wedding and was sharing the joy with us. She was really easy to talk to and discuss things before the day as well as on the day of our wedding. She made the day go by really smooth and there was no frustrations or complains from me (the bride) or the groom on such a busy day like the wedding. All the requests we had for her were done exactly the way we wanted. What I found most amazing was that she was okay with coming to our place at 7 in the morning, even though the drive for her was more than 2 hours. Our wedding was also in January and that Saturday was probably the coldest one and there was snow laying everywhere. We wanted to have pictures done first thing in the morning. The temperature was 27* F. I could see how Yana's fingers were falling off from the freezing wind, but she did not complain and stayed outside for the whole time and did an amazing photo shoot. In the winter there's not much of a scenery outside, but she would find places that in the end looked amazing on pictures. She captured the best moments at the wedding and was always on her feet, running, trying not to miss anything important. We have pictures from the wedding hanging on our walls and all the guests that come over always compliment on the quality of the photos. Yana really put her heart and soul in satisfying us that day. If I will have another event in my life that will require a professional photographer, Yana would definitely be my number one option.

Profile Picture Angelina, 1/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I was very impressed by the quality of Yana's work at the wedding and the photos that we got afterwards. She is very friendly and enjoyable person to work with. I love our wedding pictures and really like to show people her work. She did an excellent job at the wedding and made everything for us to enjoy the photo shoot. Everything that I wanted was captured during the ceremony and the reception. I believe she's that kind of a person that would satisfy anyone with her amazing personality and professional skills.

Profile Picture Aleksey, 1/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

As I look back to our wedding celebration, I truly believe it wouldn't be complete without our diligent photographer, Yana Shellman. All the pictures that she took of us, were creative and unique. I remember, how she created a slideshow for guests to look at, while we were in the restaurant. Each person who walked out, saw a beautiful slideshow with pictures which were taken couple hours ago. I am truly amazed how this photographer manages to capture most enjoyable, beautiful memories that will last for a lifetime.
I recommend Yana to my friends and family. Yana, thank you for your creative photography skills, as well as for your very positive attitude, you are the best!!!

Profile Picture User5356458, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Beautiful photographs really Yana went above and beyond with our photos! Thank you so much for the beautiful photography! You can see them on her facebook page! Excellent Job Yana!!!!

Profile Picture christina , 9/19/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Yana made our elopement special. She was a photographer a witness and the most complimentary woman a girl could ever ask for. Our pictures are amazing. The experience was the best ever and the value was perfect. She was so accommodating and for our intimate event it was the best thing we did. We have looked at our pictures daily and enjoy them so much. We hope to have another session some day when our new marriage grows into a family!'

Profile Picture Angela, 9/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our wedding was that of an elopement. Finding a photographer for this such case was nearly impossible. Yana listened to what our situation was, the needs and requests we were making, and projected us in the most beautiful, professional portraits. We highly recommend you at least consider her as an option for your photographic needs. You will be well pleased!

Profile Picture User5357190, 2+ years ago, 1 Review