Yan Schwartzman Photography Reviews

Yan Schwartzman Photography 5
  • Alisha

Alisha Gray · Married on 09/27/2019

Exceptional

Yan was absolutely amazing and fun to work with! He took the time to meet with us and speak to us about our vision and how we can incorporate his creative experience! Yan came highly recommended and after our first meeting I already knew why. If you’re reading this review, book Yan you won’t regret!! Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Thank you Alisha, that means so much to me, I absolutely loved working with you, the wedding was so beautiful, especially the reception part. I truly going to miss it, enjoy the pics!!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/22/2019

Yan was so great to work with!

I met Yan at a Bridal expo and knew from the moment that I met him, that we had to have him photograph our wedding day! Yan’s positive attitude and attention to every important detail made it go so easy. Any request or concern that we had, he made sure it was taken care of. He was so patient with our large bridal party. He was kind, and most importantly excellent to work with. Having Yan photograph our wedding day was like having a team of photographers, due to his skill of shooting with multiple cameras by himself. We are so happy that we chose Yan to photograph our special day. He really is THE BEST!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Kim Regan · Married on 08/31/2019

Great experience

Yan was great to work with for our wedding. We got the beautiful photos we wanted and he was professional and easy to work with. He didn't try to upsell us on more expensive services which was very important to us. Yan was the perfect match for us and I couldn't be happier with his work.

Yan Schwartzman Photography 6
    Yan Schwartzman Photography 7
    Sent on 09/23/2019

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Thank you Kim for letting me photograph your wedding and for such beautiful words. It means so much to me and I am so glad you loved the photos. Thank you again for everything and have an amazing life together with Jesse!
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 08/11/2019

Easy to work with and perfect!

Yan was amazing to work with for both engagement and wedding photos. We selected Yan for his impeccable style—every photo we took, he knew exactly where the light was and how to best capture it. We also loved his candid style for photos during the wedding. He captured all the great moments from the dance floor! Yan is also very responsive and quick with getting the photos back to us before the deadline in the contract. We couldn’t thank him enough for being an excellent photographer for our wedding!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Christine, you guys been so wonderful to work with as well, loved capturing your special day. Enjoy the photos!

Michelle Andrews · Married on 07/26/2019

Easy to work with, professional, very responsive, enjoyable, makes you feel extremely comfortable! Was

Yan was SO easy to work with and extremely professional! My husband and I are so happy with the way our photos came out! Yan will answer any questions you may have and get back to you very quickly! He makes you feel very comfortable and has great ideas. We have our engagement photos and our wedding photos all around our home and we always get wonderful compliments! Thanks again Yan!

Yan Schwartzman Photography 8
    Sent on 10/10/2019

Michael Brannigan · Married on 07/06/2019

Beautiful Works of Art!

Yan was a pleasure to work with. Throughout the planning process leading up to our wedding he was responsive, informative, and helpful. Then on the day of our wedding he took on a large list of family photos all by himself with great efficiency.

His photos are all beautiful works of art. He knows how to use lighting to make color pop and his black and whites are gorgeous as well. He saw the beauty in a lot of places in and around our wedding venue that made for very romantic photos.

We got our photo gallery back from him in one week which is super fast! He is currently working on one of his stunning photo album for us which we can’t wait to see.

We definitely would recommend Yan to photograph your next event!

Sent on 07/16/2019

violeta furculita · Married on 07/03/2019

Yan is amazing

we found Yan on Wedding Wire and could not be happier we did. He is so easy to work with. we had our chat via facetime initially. clicked immadiately and then connected to discuss our wedding day vision. during our wedding day he showed up 45 minutes before the meeting time so he can look at the are and find the best spots for our photos. we spent the rest of the day capturing our love, our family and friends having fun and us dancing the night away. he also gave us our wedding pictures within a few days and they were all what we asked for. cannot recommend Yan highly enough

Sent on 07/22/2019

Paige · Married on 06/08/2019

My absolutely amazing photographer!

Where do we start?! I have written this a million times and I can’t find any more words that can explain how we feel. Yan captured our day exactly how we remember it, all the smiles, all the silly faces and all of the tears. We can’t thank him enough for how much him put into our day and we are so happy with all of our beautiful photos. From start to finish it really feels like our story and we couldn’t be happier. Yan didn’t stop making both Joey and I laugh all day and this was so important because as everyone knows we were both super nervous! Yan was so different to any photographers we have seen because he captured real people doing real expressions and that’s why we loved him!
    Mr and Mrs Kenny

Yan Schwartzman Photography 14
    Yan Schwartzman Photography 15
    Sent on 06/16/2019

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Thank you Paige and Joey for writing such a beautiful review. So glad I was able to capture your best day the way you envisioned it. It makes me feel so good 😊 you guys are such an amazing couple. Wishing you a beautiful marriage and hope I’ll be photographing your children one day. Enjoy!

Melissa · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing photographer!

Yan was absolutely, by far the best photographer we could have asked for! He captured the essence of who were are starting from the moment we met for a consultation, during our engagement shoot and of course, on our wedding day! All of my bridesmaids were raving about how impressed they were with his vision and how they wish they had known about him for their weddings as well! Gorgeous photos and just a wonderful person- we would recommend him a million times over.

Yan Schwartzman Photography 16
    Yan Schwartzman Photography 17
    Yan Schwartzman Photography 18
    Yan Schwartzman Photography 19
    Sent on 06/15/2019

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Melissa and Billy! Thank you for such a beautiful words, I have to tell you that you guys made that wedding, i had so much fun working with you and creating memories. I really miss that wedding, enjoy 😉

Alecia Collins · Married on 05/25/2019

Work of Art

Yan's work is amazing! You are not only getting wedding pictures but a work of art. All of my photos are amazing and my family and friends are raving about how amazing my pictures look. I would recommend Yan to any couple looking for a photographer.

Sent on 06/19/2019

Lauren · Married on 05/24/2019

Yan Schwartzman Photography is the only choice !

Words cannot explain how truly incredible
    Yan Schwartzman is. From the moment my husband and I met Yan, we knew he was going to be our photographer. He went above and beyond during the entire wedding planning process. He created a wedding day picture schedule, that made the whole day a breeze. Coming from a family that is obsessed with capturing ever moment in life through pictures, it is fair to say he definitely got my friends' and family's stamp of approval. Yan really captured the love and joy of our wedding day and we are forever grateful. Yan's assistant was pretty fabulous as well.
    Yan is not only passionate about his work, he is passionate about the people he works with. It is safe to say I will be seeing Yan in the future :) He is simply the best !!!

Yan Schwartzman Photography 20
    Sent on 06/15/2019

Yefat · Married on 05/11/2019

Yan is a talented professional!

We loved working with Yan for our wedding. He was kind, flexible, open to requests/feedback, and he is talented. The pictures came out so amazing! His rates are reasonable and he went above and beyond in giving us what we wanted. He also edited and sent all the digital photos within 2 weeks of the wedding, which was impressive. Would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Sammie Merrill · Married on 04/27/2019

Master of his craft

First let me explain that after we booked the venue, DJ, and Yan as our photographer - our venue realized they double booked us on the same date. We were devastated and scrambled around the ensure all of our vendors, including Yan, could still be our photographer...Not only was he able to change his schedule but sent us a message saying "don't worry, everything is going to be fine". From the beginning of when we met Yan in his studio we could tell he was a true artist, and just LOVED the work that he did. While he was showing us examples of previous wedding shoots, we could see his face light up with excitement as he showed us the different types of photo's he explained to us. The planning process was so simple. He created a timeline in minutes for our big day and followed up with us as we got closer. On the day of the wedding - He took photos of us getting ready and you really could see the artist come out. He would see the images in his mind and had it all come out through the lens. We took photos during cocktail hour (our choice) and he was able to take, seemingly unnoticeable elements in front of our venue (A tree, a sidewalk etc) and turn it into a background that Hollywood would be envious of. During the entire event, Yan captured amazing action shots on the dance floor and during the speeches and yet you never even knew he was there. He had ninja like skills of being completely undetectable, yet still capturing everything as though he was right in the middle of it. Yan even grabbed us as the sun was setting to get a few more pictures outside since the lighting was perfect. We loved all our pictures that came back and the gallery Yan used to upload is so easy to access and share that we couldn't' ask for anything more. Do yourself a favor and book him...it will be the best decision you ever make.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Aw thank you a million for such beautiful words Sammie, I truly truly enjoyed working with you and Michelle as it was a very special wedding for me. It was such an honor for me to capture the love and your chemistry you guys portrayed to one another, it was so something amazing and its only inspired me to give you something more than just photos I am so glad I did it. Enjoy your memories!!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Myers · Married on 03/29/2019

Yan is an absolute must!

I can go on and on about Yan! From the start, he makes you feel like you know him! I truly can't recommend him enough. He is so reasonably priced and provides such an amazing service. He was one vendor I was never worried about delivering!!! He drove all the way to us in Monmouth County for our engagement shoot and I knew then we would absolutely love our wedding photos! Not even full week we had all of our wedding pics from Yan. I love each one more than the next!!! Yan is must!!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Thank you Jennifer, I truly appreciate to hear such beautiful words. I have to tell you that you guys were just a pure joy work with. Your love and your passion to one another made my job so much easier and all I did is just capturing it through my camera. Thank you again for inviting me to capture the most important day of your lives, I definitely had a blast!!

Lauren · Married on 03/22/2019

Amazing photographer!

I couldn't have been more happier having Yan shoot my wedding day. He is truly talented and you can tell how much passion he puts into his work. He's very easy to work with and listens to exactly what you want. He gets all your pictures edited & sent to you within a week, so you don't have to keep waiting. Yan is truly amazing!!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren, it’s been a pure pleasure to work with you and Chris. You guys are just meant for each other, especially during the first look when Chris saw you. This moment was just hard to forget as well as the rest of the wedding. Thank you again for letting me capture your best day, I will certainly remember that!
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 03/15/2019

Simply Amazing!

I had met with a few photographers prior to meeting with Yan and was so torn on which direction I wanted to go. A friend of mine had met Yan at a street fair and recommended I take a look at his work and meet with him. When I met with Yan, I knew I had met my wedding photographer from the first few minutes alone. He was so kind and professional, asking me what I envisioned for the day and all of the pictures and albums he had samples of were just amazing. You can tell that he loves what he does and has such a passion for capturing moments and memories. The day of my wedding, Yan knew exactly what to shoot and when, getting just the right amount of formal shots as well as candids. There were several small children in my wedding and they were constantly running in and out of pictures and not cooperating, Yan didn't miss a beat, he laughed it off and kept on shooting. I received a few pictures from him the next day and then had my full gallery within a few days. I WAS COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY! I cried such happy tears when I saw my wedding photos, they are AMAZING. I've received so many compliments on the photos and am truly thankful to have had Yan there to capture one of the most amazing days of my life. Thank you so much Yan!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Thank you Kathleen for such kind words, it meant a world to me to know that you were happy with my services and my photos. Your wedding and your love to one another was a pure joy to capture. I was so honored to be a part of your big day. Enjoy the photos

Alice B · Married on 03/03/2019

Wedding Photography Review

We had the pleasure of working with Yan on our engagement shoot and for our wedding photos. He is a brilliant photographer and overall pleasure to work with.
    When we first met with him he was informative and seemed very passionate about his work. He was always available when we had questions and was a great help in the planning process. Working with him on the days of the photo shoots was great too. We had both our shoots in the winter so it was cold and wet but he maintained his enthusiasm throughout and kept our spirits high. We also got to take advantage of the weather – getting some great photos in the snow at the end of the night. He explained the photos, poses, and made us both feel so comfortable throughout the process. The pictures came out BEAUTIFUL and so quick! He really has an eye for capturing special moments and incorporating the scenery around you. Cherry on the cake is that he is very affordable – packages are priced very reasonably compared to some other NYC area photographers.

Sent on 03/26/2019

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Alice for such warm words. I truly enjoyed working with you guys and I am so glad that I was able to bring whatever you envisioned on your wedding day to life. To me that means more than anything. Thank you again and enjoy your photos!!

Joe Lax · Married on 12/08/2018

Pure professional

Yan was perfect. The best vendor we hired for our wedding. Yan was very helpful and very easy to communicate with. Even leading up to our wedding and planning out the day Yan helped us develop a timeline that worked with us and the outside lighting for pictures (December wedding). Our photos are priceless and we couldn't have asked for anything better to document the beginning of our family.

Sent on 02/20/2019

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Thank you Joe and Rebecca for such a sweet review. There are not enough words to express of how much I enjoyed working with you. It was my biggest pleasure to capture your big day. Enjoy the photos

Alyson C · Married on 11/23/2018

Awesome experience

Yan and his team were the best. They were early, went right to work, I barely noticed them all night yet I have amazing pictures and very reasonably priced. One of the best choices we made for our wedding.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Thank you Alyson! It was my pleasure taking care care of you guys. One of the most important things is that we’ve conquered a cold weather and we’re able to get some beautiful photos with NYC in the background. Enjoy them

Jessica Gallob · Married on 11/09/2018

Amazing Experience, Very Talented Photographer!

My husband and I couldn't be happier that we picked Yan as our engagement and wedding photographer. He was professional, but always kept the shoots fun and light hearted. He kept in part with the style of photography we were looking for and each photo came out beautifully. Yan captured the most beautiful moments. Each and every single photo is stunning and interesting. Would highly recommend!!!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Thank you Jessica for such beautiful words. I am so glad you were happy with your photos. Glad we were able to beat the rain and get all the photos done beforehand. Your wedding was so beautiful and I truly enjoyed working with both of you!!
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Sun · Married on 11/02/2018

Professional and Responsive

We initially contacted Yan about being our wedding photographer last spring. He was booked during our date, but he recommended his partner, Peter, to be our wedding photographer. We signed the contract through Yan and went through all of the basic details of our wedding with him. Even though we live quite a distance away, we were still able to easily communicate and plan with both Yan and Peter for our wedding. Both of them were super professional and fun to plan with. We did our meetings with Yan over Facetime, which we really appreciated since we live a few states away from the city where we got married.

Even though we planned a little bit later than most couples, we were still able to get our Engagement session done before the end of the spring, which I really enjoyed. Peter did all of our photography and editing, but Yan was the one who set everything else up and made sure that we were satisfied with the work his partner did. Yan put together our wedding album, which we just got in the mail earlier today. It was beautifully made and I really appreciate that I had the option of getting it shipped to my husband and I since we live a few states away from New Jersey.

All in all, we had a great experience with Yan and his work partner Peter Rigo Photography. I am very happy with the album and photos that we received. When you have a photographer who puts in the extra effort, it really shows and helps your memories shine. I am very happy that we contacted Yan and ended up working with both him and Peter Rigo Photograpy.

Sent on 01/26/2019
  • RAYMOND

Raymond Sun · Married on 11/02/2018

Excellent coordination

We reached out to Yan because of his excellent existing reviews on WeddingWire. Although he was unable to handle our wedding himself, he put us in touch with his associate Peter Rigo (who I will leave a separate glowing review for) and handled the business matters perfectly. The contract and payment times were very clearly drawn out, he reached out at regular intervals to ensure that we had everything we needed, and created our album exactly as desired (and even shipped it express!)

Sent on 01/26/2019

Brandon A · Married on 10/27/2018

Honestly, I wouldn’t recommend anyone else!

Yan had the best profile of work and the best pricing. We got quotes from other photographers and they wanted twice as much for only 150 or so photos and 4 hour of shooting. Yan completely scheduled and structured the 7 hours we asked him to be there and we were able to get every photo he took. Unfortunately we had a nor’easter on our wedding day but that didn’t stop Yan from getting gorgeous outside shots of us. We got all the shots we wanted and were able to spend all of cocktail hours and the whole time with our guests. Got the photos shortly after the wedding and are absolutely floored with how everything came out. Yan is the best and his work completely backs that up; an absolute pleasure to work with.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Thank you Brandon!! I really enjoyed working with you guys, despite the weather we were able to pull it through and got some beautiful shots, especially the night photos on the boardwalk. These were one of my favorites. Enjoy the photos!!

Nicole Pastor · Married on 10/26/2018

Wedding on 10/26/18

Pictures came out amazing! Made us feel at ease throughout our special day! He took so many pictures, it was hard to choose favorites..we loved them all so much! I would recommend Yan as a photographer for any occasion!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Yan Schwartzman Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole. I am glad you loved the photos, you guys made that wedding so joyous and beautiful! Enjoy the photos, can’t wait for you to see your album!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2018

Excellent!

Yan took the pictures for both our engagement session in March and our wedding in October and we had an incredible experience with him. He is extremely professional and we are beyond thrilled with his work. He went above and beyond to make sure everyone was comfortable and was willing to listen to our requests during the events and the production of our album - which was tastefully done as well! We were extremely blown away by the quality of the pictures we received, and how he was able to depict exactly the loving, fun nature of our wedding. Thanks to his professionalism and exceptional talent, we now have our memories captured forever in pictures we will always cherish and enjoy. We cannot say enough positive things about our experience, and we are absolutely glad that we had chosen Yan to capture some of the most special moments in our lives!

Sent on 01/03/2019