Xiaoqi Li Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Alexxis O. Getting married on 03/09/2022

Amazing photographer!

I can't say enough great things about our wedding photography experience with Xiaoqi. Not only is she an absolutely incredible photographer, her business acumen and level of customer service are second to none. She had regularly scheduled calls with us during the process, put together a timeline for the day of our wedding and sent regular thoughtful gifts (personalized cookies, gift card for a date night, etc). We were thoroughly impressed with Xiaoqi from the minute we interacted with her and she absolutely worked her butt off during our wedding - you'd see her running from place to place to make sure she got the perfect shot. She surprised us with a sneak peak of photos AT OUR VENUE the night of our wedding AND sent them to us via email so that we could share with family and friends. Thank you Xiaoqi for capturing our day and for providing us with such an amazing experience. We are so appreciative!

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Hahaha gotta do what ya gotta do to catch up with the timeline! Thank you SO much for this kind review, Alexxis! I'm thrilled to hear I was a highlight of your wedding experience and can't wait for you to see your wedding album :)
    Lisa H. Married on 08/02/2021

Wonderful, professional, down to earth photographer!

Xiaoqi Li photographed my small intimate destination wedding in Great Exuma, Bahamas. I found her amongst many other photographers on a facebook board. I choose Xiaoqi not only because of her beautiful portfolio but because of her professionalism, friendliness, attention to detail and organizational skills. The last thing a bride needs is to worry about is one of their vendors. Especially, since our wedding was thousands of miles away. I also needed a videographer, so Xiaoqi partnered with the awesome Stephen James for a rockstar wedding duo. Xiaoqi’s intricate planning from start to finish was nothing short of amazing. All during the planning phases she asked photographer related questions, I hadn’t even thought about. It’s comforting not having to worry about any of those details on your big day. Xiaoqi was everywhere and no where at the same time. We felt like rockstars with them following us around the resort. Xiaoqi went above and beyond! Capturing so many great shots of us and our family and friends. We have so many great pictures to cherish now and forever. Xiaoqi delivered a wonderful final product in the end! We couldn’t be happier!
    Tip: When it comes to wedding budgets, don’t skimp on your photo/video budget! It’s worth the money 10x over!

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lisa! I'm so grateful for your trust in us throughout the entire process. I'm thrilled you loved working with us as much as we've loved working with you and can't wait for you and Tony to have your album in your hands soon :)
    Susan Q. Married on 10/10/2020

the best of the best!

We booked Xiaoqi very early on in our wedding planning process and knew that pictures were going to be one of the most important aspects of our wedding. Xiaoqi has exceeded our expectations for the last year and half. From our discovery phone calls to learn about one another to Xiaoqi’s attention to detail, climbing on banisters to get the perfect shot, her customer service, and laid back personality, she was our best investment yet! She is thoughtful, kind, and hardworking and takes pride in her work. Her work speaks for itself and is more than just a photograph or memory – her photos tell stories. She was also able to give us sneak peeks quickly and kept us on our toes until the final products showed up in our email! She helped us pick photos and developed an engagement album with us. On our wedding day, it rained and was chaotic and we had a huge wedding party, but Xiaoqi showed up EARLY, was flexible, and trucked through the rain and mud to get all the shots for our Chinese and Western ceremonies. She even had sneak peeks for us within the same night at our wedding! She is simply the best!

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Thank you again for this incredibly thoughtful review, Susan!! I so appreciate you trusting me to document your memories!! I absolutely loved getting to photograph your amazing double ceremony wedding day. You and Justin have the best people around you, and it was such a joy getting to hang out with you all and capture everything!
  • Lydia
    Lydia A. Married on 09/26/2020

Does not get better than this beyond belief talented Photographer

I met Xiaoqi at the Richmond Bridal Expo in 2020. What drew me to the table were these amazing candid shots along with these incredible black and white photos. Then she introduced herself and I was blown away from how humble and thoughtful she was. I knew right away that is my photographer after about 15min it took talking and checking out her portfolio. She took the most beautiful photos at my wedding! It went with my style and vibe and I can't be happier!

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this kind review, Lydia! It was such such a joy hanging out with you, Andrew and all your wonderful family and friends on Saturday :) I'm thrilled I got to document it all for you and help make your wedding experience amazing!
  • Brandon
    Brandon F. Married on 07/08/2020

Fantastic work and great professionalism

I would just like to say how unbelievably pleased my wife and I are with Xiaoqi and her work. It was an absolute pleasure to work with her, she is extremely professional, her products are breathtaking, and she is very affordable. My wife and I actually met Xiaoqi by accident; our first photographer double-booked and, when she realized her mistake, she hired Xiaoqi to work our first wedding (we did two ceremonies due to COVID-19). We were so impressed by Xiaoqi and her work that we decided we wanted to hire her on the spot for a second wedding ceremony once things became a bit safer. Xiaoqi spares no detail and does a fantastic job of putting you at ease while you work through your wedding planning and photo planning process. She facilitated a very thorough planning meeting with us to make sure that she was able to highlight every specific detail that was important to us. She also does a fantastic job directing (before our wedding(s) she asked if we wanted her to give us directions, which we did, because we didn't know what we were doing!). I am so happy that we met Xiaoqi and decided to hire her again, it was such a great, pleasant, and comforting experience. We have beautiful prints and albums that we can cherish forever and we didn't have to sacrifice our bank account for quality or vice versa. Xiaoqi, thank you so much for your great work and absolute professionalism. We'll call you for our 25th!!

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

I'm so thrilled you've loved our photography investment! It's been a joy working with you and Shannon. I'm so happy I got to capture both weddings for you and help you with your beautiful heirloom album. You're going to go love seeing it in person!! Thank you again for your review, Brandon!
    A Adkins Married on 03/15/2020

Excellent memories!

From the beginning, Xiaoqi showed her professionalism and flexibility in navigating our complicated requests and helping us to craft our wedding days (because we had TWO in TWO DIFFERENT CITIES!) so that things would run smoother. She was also flexible to an extreme, showing that she is prepared and able to handle the myriad of little snags that will crop up when organizing any large event. In addition, Xiaoqi was very organized and punctual and detailed with her responses as we transitioned from planning the engagement shoot to working out the kinks in the wedding days. My favorite experience of working with Xiaoqi is how you can feel her passion for her work and her product. The quality of her work speaks for itself, and I could go on for many more words about composition, pose, lighting. More importantly, though, I could feel that she cares about making sure your memories are captured in a way that will make you look back at her photos and say, "Wow, I can remember exactly how it felt when this was photographed."

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Ah thank you so much for the kind words, Alden! It was so much fun and really an honor getting to capture these days for you. Plus you guys are the real rockstars for planning two weddings. Thank you again for much for trusting me to document this time in your lives together :)
    Patricia W. Married on 12/31/2019

Xiaoqi is a Memory Creator!

When Wayne and I sat down to prioritize what was most important to us about our wedding day, in unison we both said PHOTOGRAPHY! Creating memories is a motto I use almost daily and how can you create beautiful memories of your wedding day if you do not take careful consideration into which photographer you will use? We were prepared for a long and hard search for someone who was creative, had an eye for beauty and a flair for managing our combined families on wedding day!

Xiaoqi was actually a recommendation from a photographer that I was looking to book for our NYE wedding date but already had a prior engagement to attend. I am so so happy she made this recommendation of Xiaoqi because the journey has been so sweet (Xiaoqi lovesss dessert)! Xiaoqi is not your average Wedding Photographer, she provides an EXPERIENCE! I have never been married and do not plan to do this again so my expectations were low but Xiaoqi blew me away. Her attention to detail, her willingness to get to know who Wayne and I are as a couple and our family dynamic were so important to us. We worked with her for our engagement photos and day of wedding photos and HOPEFULLY maternity and newborn photos when the day comes! She is a full service photographer using some of the latest and greatest technology but most importantly capturing the moments that we will hold dear for the rest of our lives.

Our partnership with Xiaoqi didn’t just stop after the wedding day, she didn’t just send us a zip drive with thousands of pictures to comb through on our own… she set up individual time in her new studio to review everything! When we heard we would have a “reveal/premiere” day, we thought she was ludacris! We just wanted our pictures, but we trusted her and knew there was a method to her madness! Upon entering the modern, classically decorated studio with plush couch, marble table and a spread of snacks (with champagne!) we sat down to enjoy our first look at our wedding slideshow of Xiaoqi’s magic. We were floored, had chills and became emotional as we took a walk down memory lane of that very special day that began our marriage journey.

We carefully curated our wedding album with her expertise and guidance and loved every moment of the experience! Xiaoqi truly is one of a kind, her eye for capturing beauty is second to none and her energy and personality is infectious. We have a lifetime of memories thanks to Xiaoqi!

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Wow thank you so much for leaving such a thoughtful review, Patricia! I am absolutely thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our experience together and appreciate you always trusting me and the process haha! It's been an honor working with such a fun, loving, and creative couple and helping make your vision come to life. I'm so glad I got to meet you and Wayne, definitely keep in touch :)
    Marsha B. Married on 10/26/2019

Great experience!

Xiaoqi was fantastic! She is very thorough in planning out the day ahead of time including timing, what group shots you want, what is important to you, etc. She was so friendly and really made everything easy.
    We had a small wedding party with only a dinner to follow. She got so many great pictures in a short period of time.
    After the wedding we received all of our pictures in about a month after the wedding day which is super fast. She also sent us a few preview pictures 2 days after the wedding.
    The overall experience was fantastic! I would absolutely recommend her to anyone.

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Marsha! I loved working with you and your families - it definitely given me a special fondness for micro-weddings :) Can't wait to get your beautiful wall art collection to you soon!
    Mayar Married on 10/19/2019

Simply incredible

My husband and I had no idea what we were doing and only had three months to plan everything and Xioaqi was the best thing we could have asked for. Every picture is perfect we can't decide which one is our favorite because they are all full of emotion. She captures everything in a story like timeline but so artistically it's incredible. She really takes the time to know you as a couple and it shows in the pictures. Xioaqi's services for us were beyond just pictures. We were so lucky to have found her. If you want someone to really show who you are and execute your vision, Xioaqi will do it even better than you could imagine. Thanks for everything

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Thank you for choosing me to capture your day and for the kind words! Having a tough time choosing your favorites is a great problem to have haha :) Best wishes to you and Julian in all your next adventures together!
  • Kelsie
    Kelsie T. Married on 09/28/2019

Art quality photos and the BEST to work with

Xiaoqi is an incredible photographer, and a joy to work with. Her work is STUNNING, art quality, put it on your walls and be proud stuff! Her photos capture not just the scene but the emotions too. She spent a lot of time really getting to know us and what we were looking for before the wedding, and then was everyone at once and yet somehow never in the way at the wedding! We are in love with our photos and so thankful we chose Xiaoqi!

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

You're so sweet, thank you, Kelsie! It was so much fun working with you and Leo - I'm so glad Oana got us connected! Cannot wait until you get to decorate the walls of your new home with all your favs :)
    Eric W. Married on 06/22/2019

The Photographer That You Want at Your Wedding

Xiaoqi Li’s photographs are simply amazing. Every memory from our wedding is recorded in glorious detail, through the eye of a true artist. We’re so excited to have these photos to share and enjoy for the rest of our lives.

Xiaoqi was also a highlight among our interactions with wedding vendors. She was always easy to talk to and worked with us to help us find the perfect photography package. At the main event she made sure to go the extra step to get every photo. We highly recommend Xiaoqi Li Photography!

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Eric!! I was happy I could help create a wonderful wedding day experience for you and Joanna. I especially loved catching all the little glances between you two during the ceremony and also seeing everyone rocking out on the dance floor :) Cannot wait for you to see your album soon!
  • Christina
    Christina W. Married on 06/01/2019

Xiaoqi is EVERYTHING you need in a photographer - and more.

I had a very unique wedding and Xiaoqi was able to not only meet but exceed our expectations! We got married at Tough Mudder, which is a muddy, exciting, obstacle course race (we did the 5K version). She kept up with us and took over 3,000 images at the race. Then, we cleaned up and went to the reception where she took even more photos. She really took the time to understand what we wanted for our images, that although it was our day, our friends and family were important too. She captured incredible moments we are so grateful we now have forever. She is friendly, kind, fierce but gentle with getting everyone's attention. She directs without being demeaning, and she knows what she's looking for in a shot and gets it. She listened to what me and my husband wanted and we didn't miss a single image we wanted. We really have a full play by play of our entire day and I cannot ask for anything more. Thank you SO much Xiaoqi!!

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Christina! I always joke weddings are my workouts, but your wedding really took that to the extreme haha! I loved how much fun you all had celebrating your big day. I had a blast documenting such a unique wedding, and I'm so thrilled to hear how much you loved your images. Best wishes on your many future Mudders :)
    Sam Married on 03/30/2019

If Xiaoqi is available, please, book her!

Step 1. Look at her work.
    Xiaoqi is so skilled! We hired her because we wanted to be able to look back at our photos and relive the big moments but also take a peek at some of those subtle but meaningful moments that will inevitably be missed by the busy bride and groom. Xiaoqi has a knack and passion for capturing both types of moments.
    Step 2. Contact her.
    Xiaoqi is as personable as she is talented. This is the other reason we decided we wanted her to be involved in documenting our big day. We genuinely like her! Probably because she took the time to get an understanding of our history as a couple, our interests, and our quirks.
    Step 3. Choose Xiaoqi!
    She is prompt, professional, highly skilled, and has an appreciation for what she does and what it means to her clients. SPOILER ALERT: You will have fun working with Xiaoqi. She takes her work seriously, but she doesn't take herself too seriously. In our case, both Bride and Groom could not be happier about our choice in photographer.

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Sam, you rock! Thank you so much for all of your kind words! I'm so excited for your wedding day and can't wait to capture all the moments with you and your loved ones :)
    Brandon J. Married on 10/28/2018

Book this photographer!

My Wife and I sought out photographers online for our wedding and we started taking calls to get a feel for each person and how they conducted business. Most were nice but would email nonstop or send invoices immediately. Xiaoqi and I’s beginning and conversation went very differently. One of her first questions was, “what inspires you about photos?” We talked for a while about the style and focus my Wife and I wanted for our photos and it was immediately obvious she was our photographer. Along the way she kept us in check with regular updates, clear invoice and payment schedules and she even sent us a Five Guys gift card to help alleviate our stress! On the day of our wedding Xiaoqi arrived early and, knowing we had a very large family, was organized with a detailed list of shots, felt extremely comfortable directing large groups and got all of our photos done on schedule. My Wife and I cannot say enough good things about Xiaoqi’s professionalism, her technical ability and just overall how cool of a person she is. We just did our preview session and our photos turned out amazing! We will be working with Xiaoqi for maternity and baby photos and…every chance we can get!

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Totally not nearly as cool as you and Cintha, but thanks haha :) It has been such a joy working with you all this past year, and I'm so grateful for your trust in me from day 1. Thank you again for sharing so many wonderful words about your experience with me! I'm definitely looking forward to keeping in touch!
    Al Married on 07/18/2018
    We were very happy to have Xiaoqi Photograph her wedding. She always took that extra step to make Our Day Very Special. I can’t thank her enough for documenting what will last forever in our hearts.

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Hey Lina & Al, thank you so much for the kind words! It was an honor documenting your wedding day and helping you arrange prints of your memories in your home :) Best wishes!!
    Geanna Married on 06/15/2018
    My husband and I were looking for a photographer to shoot our elopement so I trolled Instagram and came to find Xiaoqi. Right off the bat she was readily available to provide information about her services and schedule. She was very considerate and accommodating to the fact that it was a low key, intimate courthouse “wedding” on short notice. She proved to be very professional and efficient with working out all the contract details and pricing, as well providing and acquiring necessary information for the shoot. The day of the shoot she was on time and so easygoing and friendly. It was like having a good friend taking your photos. Normally I don’t see myself as being photogenic but she made me feel very comfortable and beautiful in front of the camera. The portraits were gorgeous and of high quality. But more so, the candids!! She captured me and my husband in moments we were not even aware of but made for treasured and loving memories. People cannot stop complimenting our photos and how full of life they are. Our gallery was posted way ahead of schedule which was a bonus! I cannot say enough great things about my experience working with her nor can I thank her enough for being invested in our story and capturing our happiest moment so gorgeously. I highly recommend her and look forward to working with her in the future!

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Geanna, it makes me so happy to hear about how much you enjoyed your experience, especially about how comfortable you felt in front of the camera with me :) It was an honor capturing such an intimate wedding, and I had so much fun capturing all the laughter between you and Daniel. Thank you for this kind review! Best wishes!!
    Meredith Married on 04/20/2018
    My husband and I hired Xiaoqi to photograph our elopement in April and were absolutely blown away by the entire experience. Not only are the photos stunning, but Xiaoqi was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. She is personable, professional, and extremely easy to communicate with. I was nervous about being awkward in front of the camera, but Xiaoqi’s friendly personality put us right at ease and you can definitely tell how relaxed we are in the pictures, they turned out great! Xiaoqi has an amazing eye and is a gifted photographer, and is also on top of it in the business department. She delivered our gallery ahead of schedule and provided a phenomenal value. It can be hard to find someone who strikes such an important balance between creative and professional, and Xiaoqi nails it! We had so much fun working with her, and would hire her again in a heartbeat.

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Thank you for sharing so many kind words about your experience ❤️ You and Jake were so relaxed and loving to each other - it made my job super easy :) Wishing you two (and Max!) all the best in Nashville!
    Mallori Married on 07/08/2017
    Xiaoqi took the most amazing pictures of my wedding. I'm so thrilled with all of them!!! I'm so grateful for all the wonderful pictures I now have to remember one of the best and most important days of my life. She was very friendly, courteous, and professional the entire time and made posing easy and as comfortable as possible. I would highly recommend her services to anyone looking for high quality photos of any important event.
  • Kat
    Kat K. Married on 09/21/2019

Personal, thoughtful, professional artist!

Xiaoqi is AMAZING - a serious professional, really cool and down to earth. She is everywhere and nowhere at once, making sure that she snags the shot without interrupting the day. We felt like ourselves the whole time with her and she was very flexible in taking direction on where we wanted the emphasis of the day. She also wasn’t afraid to direct our unruly families to get everyone in position when needed, and it resulted in absolutely beautiful photos! She is unendingly thoughtful and never failed to bring us small treats here and there based on our like and interests - she really took the time to get to know us and we never felt like ‘just another couple’ with her. Highly recommend.

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Kat! It was really such a pleasure getting to know you and Wade, and I'm thrilled to hear about how much you enjoyed your experience working with me. Can't wait to get your album into your hands soon! Best wishes for whatever and wherever life takes you next with law school and beyond :)
    K.moy Married on 07/09/2019

Right Match

I can't remember how we found Xiaoqi, I think it was a referral from a referral. I needed someone who was familiar with a Chinese Tea Ceremony with a photo journalistic flare and she was it. We had a short time frame and originally she wasn't available but she was able to make it work on our special day. We're so glad we found her. From the prep conversations to the after event follow-up. Working with her was great! I want to have another event just so she can photography it.

Xiaoqi Li Photography's reply:

It was an honor getting to photograph your tea ceremony! I'm so glad it worked out and we were able to capture your day for you. Thank you again for the kind words, K!