18 Reviews for Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths

Consultation (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Uplighting (1)
18 Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths Reviews

Xceptional DJs were awesome!!! Forrest is very professional and AWESOME; made my wedding and reception run smoothly with all music.

Profile Picture Sherry, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

DJ Forrest was a great pick for my wedding. I was hesitant & also stressed at first looking for a DJ online but I'm glad I found Xceptional DJs. I put together a playlist of certain songs and he played most of them and was very accommodating to what I requested at my reception. I would definitely recommend him as a DJ for any future events!

Profile Picture MyThanh, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
4.3

Forrest was an incredibly talented DJ - we booked him because he had DJ'd the wedding of some friends a year before. Having experienced his work twice now, from two VERY different perspectives, I have no hesitation recommending him to others. Very flexible, down to earth and excellent at reading the crowd! Loved every minute of the work.

Profile Picture Susanna, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Forrest is hands-down the best DJ I've ever encountered - you absolutely won't be disappointed! He was great with consulting us on how he usually flows with his music and recommendations on what would be the best order of events for our wedding reception. It's evident that he knows his stuff and he has an impeccable sense of what the dance crowd will like (and won't like). His DJ-ing during our wedding reception was phenomenal and better than anything I could've ever imagined. I'm still receiving compliments on how awesome the music and the dancing were at our wedding! Forrest truly went above and beyond our expectations, and I couldn't be happier with how everything went during our wedding. I highly recommend Xceptional DJs for your next DJ at any event!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/29/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC

Forrest and the rest of the team are amazing!! We paid Forrest in full for a wedding 2 1/2 years ago, and he gave my mom his word that if we ever needed him, he would be there and honor our contract. I am so glad he was able to DJ my wedding on July 26th to the man of my dreams! It meant so much to my family that he upheld his word. You're a classy man, Forrest. AND not only that but you throw GREAT PARTY!!!

Brides-Seriously though...call Xceptional DJs. The ceremony music was perfect, and they will get your guest up and dancing at the reception. Everyone had a great time. Not to mention-they did everything possible to make sure I was 100% satisfied. Let me clarify-I wasn't bridzilla-but they were super attentive to me and my other vendors and made sure everything ran smoothly.

Profile Picture Megan, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Amazing DJ! They took care of the flow of the wedding and played music to get people on the dance floor. They are very affordable and great at what they do! I am so glad we chose them for our special day.

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/24/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Has taken me forever to log on and review my wedding vendors. Starting off with my best one! Forrest is absolutely great! No other way to put it. We literally found him at the last minute and thank God he was available. I didn't know what to expect when meeting him. I heard many good things about him but I personally had never listened to his work. All it took was that initial meeting to know he was perfect. He guaranteed that whatever music I wanted would be played and had the style of music I liked playing throughout my event. He asked if I had a wedding planner which I replied no. He told me not to worry, one was not needed. He would make sure that the event ran as smoothly as possible. He had a timeline set. He gave me different options of what we could do when. This coming from a DJ?! I was absolutely surprised! Forrest was there on time for set up and was there making sure things were the way we wanted them. He is super friendly and communication was great through both the planning stage and the actual event itself. It was a pleasure working with you Forrest thank you for keeping me and my guest on the dance floor the entire night. I had an absolute blast. You are truly a lifesaver!

Profile Picture Amy, 3/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Forrest was such an amazing dj to work with. He was attentive to our needs and gave such great information as we were trying to plan our reception. He was very helpful and friendly. Our reception was so much fun, with a great variety of music and crowd interaction. I highly recommend Forrest and Xceptional DJ's. My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with how wonderfully it all turned out.

Profile Picture Shaunte, 12/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I had the pleasure of having the owner DJ Forest do our wedding! My expectations were beyond exceeded. From the music, Photo booth,wedding video highlights to all of the coordination that he did with the wedding coordinator. We had so many last minute changes and ideas and no one ever noticed he did everything flawlessly. I couldn't have ask for a better DJ! The video was AMAZING! Along with the photo booth pictures and Music was Beyond awesome! I will use him again for any event! I especially highly recommend him and his company for a wedding so you don't have to have any stress or worries about anything!

Profile Picture Brandy, 10/17/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Forrest did an excellent job at our wedding. We knew from our first meeting with him that he is definitely a pro and he knows how to make a wedding enjoyable for everyone. His timing, song selection and overall crowd interaction was excellent! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture User4086844, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Forrest was awesome to work with. Very easy to get a hold of & he really did a great job! Thank you SO much!!

Profile Picture Amber, 9/1/13, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Forrest at Xceptional DJs was a pleasure to work with. I was slightly nervous since I had found him by purchasing a Yelp deal, but he promptly answered all emails within the same day. During the week leading up to the wedding, Forrest called me twice to confirm ceremony and receptions specifics, asking questions that I myself had not thought of. He stayed true to my requested playlist (and do-not-playlist) and did an excellent job of keeping the dance floor moving. I also opted for a lights package which added a bit of pizzaz to the whole affair. Many of my guests commented afterwards that he did a great job of maintaining a lively atmosphere throughout the night. I would definitely recommend Forrest for your future wedding!

Profile Picture Joy , 6/16/13, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wonderful DJ, loved the music very professional we had a blast!

Profile Picture cece, 4/21/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

This is my 5/5 review. Forrest was an amazing DJ. He kept the reception flowing flawlessly. He was always communicating with me during reception making sure everything was the way I wanted it without bothering me. He communicated with me before the event to plan the reception order of events and included my very special requests. I gave him the song I wanted and where I wanted and he included them perfectly. If you want the best DJ ever book DJ Forrest for your event. You will be as happy as I am.

Profile Picture Gaby, 4/6/13, 5 Reviews
3.5

Pros: 1.good pricing
2. dressed appropriately (suit & tie)

Cons: 1. Poor volume control
2. Ceremony music not timed well
3. Announcements done too fast (not enough appropriate pauses )
4. Music selection during dinner terrible until asked to change

Picking a DJ is difficult as their is no way to assess his skill in volume control, timing, etc.. Prior to event; given that the event is such a dynamic process, his skill at adjusting to his assessment of the situation is paramount.

*******************************************************************
After correspondence with the DJ, I may have been overly critical; so, this is my revision:
1. Poor volume control
We spoke prior to the event, and I did refer him to the diagram/layout of the rooms where everything was going to take place.

2. Ceremony music not timed well -
the minister did not give his normal cue; hence the timing of the ceremony music was off. No one's fault.

4. Music selection during dinner terrible until asked to change
I agree this was promptly changed when asked.

Profile Picture User2696820, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

DJ Forrest was great! He was happy to accommodate any requests we had, and played a nice selection of music. Even though we strayed from my intended timeline (due to photos taking longer than expected), DJ Forrest kept up with the flow of everything. He was always very responsive to my phone calls and emails, and the pricing was very reasonable.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 3/24/12, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

I cannot speak highly enough about Xceptional Djs and Dj Forrest! He was wonderful! He had the flow of the wedding perfect and so organized! My guests are still complimenting him on how much fun they had dancing to the great mix of music! Forrest was very professional and responsive to all questions and requests. He even surprised us with the pictures and video he took! He accommodated our every need! when you book with Xceptional Djs you can feel at ease that everything will be perfect at your reception!

Laura and Trey

Profile Picture Laura, 12/10/11, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Loved them! The owner called me before my wedding to set up details and then my DJ, Mike called to finallize them. I was very happy with this company and found that their friendly nature made my experience feel very personalized to my taste. Also, I was very impressed that Mike showed up dressed in a suit. He looked very professional.

Profile Picture User1305565, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews