Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths Reviews

18 | Houston, TX

18 Reviews for Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths

18 Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths Reviews

Sherry · Married on 09/30/2017

Xceptional DJs were awesome!!! Forrest is very professional and AWESOME; made my wedding and reception run smoothly with all music.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

Hi thank you for the kind words. It was an honor to work with you and yours :) - DJ Forrest

MyThanh · Married on 07/01/2017

DJ Forrest was a great pick for my wedding. I was hesitant & also stressed at first looking for a DJ online but I'm glad I found Xceptional DJs. I put together a playlist of certain songs and he played most of them and was very accommodating to what I requested at my reception. I would definitely recommend him as a DJ for any future events!

Laura · Married on 10/29/2016

Forrest is hands-down the best DJ I've ever encountered - you absolutely won't be disappointed! He was great with consulting us on how he usually flows with his music and recommendations on what would be the best order of events for our wedding reception. It's evident that he knows his stuff and he has an impeccable sense of what the dance crowd will like (and won't like). His DJ-ing during our wedding reception was phenomenal and better than anything I could've ever imagined. I'm still receiving compliments on how awesome the music and the dancing were at our wedding! Forrest truly went above and beyond our expectations, and I couldn't be happier with how everything went during our wedding. I highly recommend Xceptional DJs for your next DJ at any event!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

Hey Laura! Thank you for taking time to write. Means the world and we are so thankful everything worked out :) Happy New Year and please keep in touch!! -DJ Forrest

Megan · Married on 07/11/2015

Forrest and the rest of the team are amazing!! We paid Forrest in full for a wedding 2 1/2 years ago, and he gave my mom his word that if we ever needed him, he would be there and honor our contract. I am so glad he was able to DJ my wedding on July 26th to the man of my dreams! It meant so much to my family that he upheld his word. You're a classy man, Forrest. AND not only that but you throw GREAT PARTY!!!

Brides-Seriously though...call Xceptional DJs. The ceremony music was perfect, and they will get your guest up and dancing at the reception. Everyone had a great time. Not to mention-they did everything possible to make sure I was 100% satisfied. Let me clarify-I wasn't bridzilla-but they were super attentive to me and my other vendors and made sure everything ran smoothly.

Rachel · Married on 04/24/2015

Amazing DJ! They took care of the flow of the wedding and played music to get people on the dance floor. They are very affordable and great at what they do! I am so glad we chose them for our special day.

Sent on 05/03/2015

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Rachel!! I am honored to have gotten to work with you :) - DJ Forrest

Amy · Married on 03/28/2015

Has taken me forever to log on and review my wedding vendors. Starting off with my best one! Forrest is absolutely great! No other way to put it. We literally found him at the last minute and thank God he was available. I didn't know what to expect when meeting him. I heard many good things about him but I personally had never listened to his work. All it took was that initial meeting to know he was perfect. He guaranteed that whatever music I wanted would be played and had the style of music I liked playing throughout my event. He asked if I had a wedding planner which I replied no. He told me not to worry, one was not needed. He would make sure that the event ran as smoothly as possible. He had a timeline set. He gave me different options of what we could do when. This coming from a DJ?! I was absolutely surprised! Forrest was there on time for set up and was there making sure things were the way we wanted them. He is super friendly and communication was great through both the planning stage and the actual event itself. It was a pleasure working with you Forrest thank you for keeping me and my guest on the dance floor the entire night. I had an absolute blast. You are truly a lifesaver!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

Thank you for taking time to share your experience Amy!! I was honored to be a part of your big day! -DJ Forrest

Brandy · Married on 10/17/2014

I had the pleasure of having the owner DJ Forest do our wedding! My expectations were beyond exceeded. From the music, Photo booth,wedding video highlights to all of the coordination that he did with the wedding coordinator. We had so many last minute changes and ideas and no one ever noticed he did everything flawlessly. I couldn't have ask for a better DJ! The video was AMAZING! Along with the photo booth pictures and Music was Beyond awesome! I will use him again for any event! I especially highly recommend him and his company for a wedding so you don't have to have any stress or worries about anything!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

We appreciate everything Brandy!! You are Jeremy were awesome to work with and I am thrilled you loved everything :) -DJ Forrest

Forrest did an excellent job at our wedding. We knew from our first meeting with him that he is definitely a pro and he knows how to make a wedding enjoyable for everyone. His timing, song selection and overall crowd interaction was excellent! Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

Thank you again. I appreciate you taking time to write these kind words :) DJ Forrest

Amber · Married on 09/01/2013

Forrest was awesome to work with. Very easy to get a hold of & he really did a great job! Thank you SO much!!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

You are sooooo welcome! I appreciate you taking the time and thank you again for working with us :) DJ FORREST
  • Joy

Joy · Married on 06/16/2013

Forrest at Xceptional DJs was a pleasure to work with. I was slightly nervous since I had found him by purchasing a Yelp deal, but he promptly answered all emails within the same day. During the week leading up to the wedding, Forrest called me twice to confirm ceremony and receptions specifics, asking questions that I myself had not thought of. He stayed true to my requested playlist (and do-not-playlist) and did an excellent job of keeping the dance floor moving. I also opted for a lights package which added a bit of pizzaz to the whole affair. Many of my guests commented afterwards that he did a great job of maintaining a lively atmosphere throughout the night. I would definitely recommend Forrest for your future wedding!

Sent on 07/13/2013

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

It was my pleasure to work with you. You had a fun group and everyone had a blast for sure! Thank you again :)

cece · Married on 04/21/2013

Wonderful DJ, loved the music very professional we had a blast!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Thank you for your feedback. It was awesome working with you guys!! -DJ Forrest

Gaby · Married on 04/06/2013

This is my 5/5 review. Forrest was an amazing DJ. He kept the reception flowing flawlessly. He was always communicating with me during reception making sure everything was the way I wanted it without bothering me. He communicated with me before the event to plan the reception order of events and included my very special requests. I gave him the song I wanted and where I wanted and he included them perfectly. If you want the best DJ ever book DJ Forrest for your event. You will be as happy as I am.

Sent on 05/06/2013

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

Thank you Gaby! We appreciate your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to write us! It was my pleasure to work with you and Rick :) -DJ Forrest

Kelsey · Married on 03/24/2012

DJ Forrest was great! He was happy to accommodate any requests we had, and played a nice selection of music. Even though we strayed from my intended timeline (due to photos taking longer than expected), DJ Forrest kept up with the flow of everything. He was always very responsive to my phone calls and emails, and the pricing was very reasonable.

Sent on 03/27/2012

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Kelsey!!

Laura · Married on 12/10/2011

I cannot speak highly enough about Xceptional Djs and Dj Forrest! He was wonderful! He had the flow of the wedding perfect and so organized! My guests are still complimenting him on how much fun they had dancing to the great mix of music! Forrest was very professional and responsive to all questions and requests. He even surprised us with the pictures and video he took! He accommodated our every need! when you book with Xceptional Djs you can feel at ease that everything will be perfect at your reception!

Laura and Trey

Sent on 12/19/2011

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

Hi Laura, thank you again for the kind words. I enjoyed working with you guys!

Brenda · Married on 10/22/2011

Loved them! The owner called me before my wedding to set up details and then my DJ, Mike called to finallize them. I was very happy with this company and found that their friendly nature made my experience feel very personalized to my taste. Also, I was very impressed that Mike showed up dressed in a suit. He looked very professional.

Sent on 11/08/2011

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Brenda! We are so thrilled to have worked with you and wish you all the best :) Keep in touch- DJ Forrest

Shaunte · Married on 12/13/2014

Forrest was such an amazing dj to work with. He was attentive to our needs and gave such great information as we were trying to plan our reception. He was very helpful and friendly. Our reception was so much fun, with a great variety of music and crowd interaction. I highly recommend Forrest and Xceptional DJ's. My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with how wonderfully it all turned out.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

Thank you Shaunte! You and your family were wonderful to work with :) Happy New Year!
  • Susanna

Susanna · Married on 11/05/2016

4.2
      3.5

Forrest was an incredibly talented DJ - we booked him because he had DJ'd the wedding of some friends a year before. Having experienced his work twice now, from two VERY different perspectives, I have no hesitation recommending him to others. Very flexible, down to earth and excellent at reading the crowd! Loved every minute of the work.

Sent on 11/26/2016

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

We loved working with you both and overheard some of your guests saying that was the most fun they had ever had at a wedding so that really made my day! Best of luck to you in the future and congratulations! -DJ Forrest

3.4
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0

Pros: 1.good pricing
    2. dressed appropriately (suit & tie)

Cons: 1. Poor volume control
    2. Ceremony music not timed well
    3. Announcements done too fast (not enough appropriate pauses )
    4. Music selection during dinner terrible until asked to change

Picking a DJ is difficult as their is no way to assess his skill in volume control, timing, etc.. Prior to event; given that the event is such a dynamic process, his skill at adjusting to his assessment of the situation is paramount.

*******************************************************************
    After correspondence with the DJ, I may have been overly critical; so, this is my revision:
    1. Poor volume control
    We spoke prior to the event, and I did refer him to the diagram/layout of the rooms where everything was going to take place.

2. Ceremony music not timed well -
    the minister did not give his normal cue; hence the timing of the ceremony music was off. No one's fault.

4. Music selection during dinner terrible until asked to change
    I agree this was promptly changed when asked.

Sent on 11/03/2012

Xceptional DJs and Photo Booths's reply:

Thank you again. We appreciate your feedback. We enjoyed working with you and your family and feel you had an elegant and classy event. Best of luck to you in the future!