Wyndham Springfield City Centre Reviews

Wyndham Springfield City Centre 7
  • Rahkay

Rahkay · Getting married on 09/26/2019

Breath taking wonderful

I love this venue Loren Ray is wonderful and great at meeting your needs getting the job done and communication is out of this world. He makes it all about you.

Sent on 02/23/2019

Rahkay,

It is all about you! All of my Brides are V.I.P and I look forward to making your special day a dream come true! I am so glad we get to work together.

Mwhaaa! Can't wait to see you for the tasting! We are going to have a blast planning.

Mary Keldermans · Married on 02/06/2019

Leave the Worry to Loren

We had intended our first meeting with Loren to be an information-gathering meeting to see how the Wyndham would compare to other venues. During the meeting, however, as Loren guided us through what to expect out of the venue, how he would take the work and worry onto himself, and his general professional yet very charming personality, we knew we had found our venue.

Loren met with us several times to crystalize ideas. Emails were returned promptly. He was the calm voice on the end of the phone line especially as the wedding approached. When the big day was upon us and the wedding party arrived at the ballroom, we watched as all of the planning unfolded exactly the way we had imagined it. The ballroom was lovely, the food delicious, the servers seemed to be enjoying the reception as much as the guests. Loren seemed to be everywhere at once making sure everything was going according to plan. I just had to look at him and feel confident and thankful we had engaged him as our reception planner. By the end of the evening, he seemed to be part of our family.
    My advice to a couple who is shopping around for a venue? After the proposal, run, don’t walk to the Wyndham and present yourselves at Loren’s office. Watch him as he turns your ideas, your thoughts and your dreams into a reality. After saying yes at the proposal, this will be the next best decision of your lives.

Wyndham Springfield City Centre's reply:

Mary, you are absolutely one of my most favorite people and I was so happy to be a part of your team! Thank you for the beautiful review! Tell Steve I said Hi and Happy retirement!
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 01/05/2019

Wonderful Experience!

The Wyndham was the perfect place for our reception. Loren Ray was amazing! He was very easy to work with, responsive and made planning a breeze! I worried about many things on the wedding day but not at all about reception because I knew Loren had it under control. We also received many comments from guests about how lovely everything was, the delicious food and the very friendly staff. We are so happy to have met Loren and had such a wonderful experience with the Wyndham.

Wyndham Springfield City Centre's reply:

Anne, you are probably on the most chill and one of the most heart warming persons I have ever met. Your future is going to be so wonderful and warm because I seen nothing but love and beauty from you and your whole family. I lift up my hands in praise that you are so blessed. Huge hugs and tell Kate I said Hi! ... MWHAAAAAA

Jennifer Locke · Married on 11/10/2018

Nothing short of Amazing!

There are few words short of Amazing I could use to tell people about Loren Ray and the Wyndham hotel and staff. My daughters wedding was in November 2018 and Loren and his staff made the entire experience magical and so very easy. Thank You Thank You Thank You 🧡

Wyndham Springfield City Centre 14
    Wyndham Springfield City Centre 15
    Wyndham Springfield City Centre 16
    Wyndham Springfield City Centre 17
    Wyndham Springfield City Centre 18

Wyndham Springfield City Centre's reply:

One of my Favorite Weddings one of my Favorite Families! Stop in soon to see me so we can catch up!

Chelsey Thompson · Married on 11/10/2018

Highly Recommended

Loren was awesome to work with and made the whole planning process so smooth! Any problem or question we had, he was right there with a solution. Everything turned out amazing!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Katie · Married on 09/08/2018

Having our reception at the Wyndhan was a fantastic decision. Loren Ray was absolutely wonderful. Anything that came up, he was able to get resolved without any headache to me. He knew exactly what we wanted and was able to make it happen. From all of the pre-planning to the day before and day of, Loren was there to make sure everything went the way that we wanted it to go. Response to any questions I had , even after the wedding have been handled with a quick response. The Wyndham and Loren especially helped make our day perfect!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Wyndham Springfield City Centre's reply:

O' my gosh - I always get so teary-eyed over my reviews. Honestly, I have to say that your a true treasure Katie and I just adored working with you. I can't wait for Megan to get me our photo! You looked like a magazine gurl - Huge Hugs and Cheesy High Fives! MWHAAAAA
  • Lakeisha

Lakeisha Purchase · Married on 09/02/2018

Amazing Experience

Loren was professional and very tentative leading up to my wedding day. There was not one moment on my wedding day I could find Loren. Service at our reception was excellent. I have referred several couples to Loren. Working with Loren kept me relaxed. Brides sometimes can be on edge but not with Loren. If you are looking for someone to make your wedding magical, Loren is your guy!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Mrs. Purchase,
    I am so glad we crossed paths. You are one amazing woman. It was my honor to serve you start to finish. Don't be a stranger! I see coffee dates in our future!!! MWHAAAAAAAA

Tiffany · Married on 08/11/2018

I had the best experience at the Wyndham!!! Loren made my every wedding dream come true and was so helpful every step of the way. Every last detail, even things I would never think of, were taken care of. Loren was great at responding to all of my questions very quickly. He was not only an amazing planner, but an amazing person as well! I would recommend Loren and the Wyndham to anyone who is planning a wedding. My husband and I were beyond happy as were all of my wedding guests!
    Tiffany

Sent on 08/22/2018

Katelyn · Married on 08/04/2018

Loren was amazing! He made everything so simple, and was able to fulfill all fonour requests for decorations, etc. They provide everything you need but the cake!! I highly recommend to anyone looking for a reception venue!!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Danielle · Married on 08/04/2018

Wonderful Staff

Loren Ray with the Wyndham Springfield City Centre is an absolute gem. He was so incredibly helpful when it came to all the logistics of planning our big day. Loren was never deterred with my constant questions and never made me feel like I was being a pain. He was always there for us and helped accommodate our schedule since we are from out of town. Even when there were a few bumps in the road we knew we could count on Loren to do whatever was needed to get things back on track.
    Loren told us his staff is the best and we absolutely agree. Everyone took such great care of us each and every time we were at the Wyndham and we cannot thank them enough. Our day was simply amazing and we owe it to Loren and the amazing people at the Wyndham.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Hi Danielle,

Thank you so much for your review. I am just tickled, what a surprise! I have to say it was my pleasure to work with you. I could not have done it without such a wonderful Bride to work with. You are beautiful inside and out. I mean every word of that. It was my pleasure to spend time with you and assist you in making your special day a reality.

Many hugs and warm wishes!

Loren

Rachel · Married on 06/16/2018

It was when I was at the Wyndham and met Loren that I knew this was the place I wanted my reception to be. Loren made me feel at ease throughout every single step of the wedding process. My planning lasted for 15 months and Loren was there every step of the way. He made my dream wedding turn into a reality. He responded to every email promptly and answered every question I had. As soon as I told him my theme, he gave me some fantastic ideas. It was an absolute breeze working with him. We had enough family members coming in the day before the wedding that we wanted a place to get together with everyone before the big day. We were able to have a welcome reception in the Rendezvous room of the hotel, which was perfect. There were carnival type snacks, a bar, and of course spending time with people that mean the most to me. We have Loren to thank for that too. The day of the wedding, I saw Loren right before the bridal party met with the DJ and breathed a sigh of relief. I knew everything would go smoothly with him there. I could go on forever about how much Loren did for me and my family and how perfect our entire wedding weekend was. I would highly recommend not only the Wyndham, but Loren specifically as he is 100% made for this job!!!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Rachel,

That is a most beautiful review. I am truly touched and I am so glad I could be a part of your special day. You truly have me speechless - much love and big hugs!

Diana · Married on 06/10/2018

The Wyndham was amazing! Let me tell you why we loved it so much and why it was perfect for our wedding!!
    We started our venue search in February of this year, we were looking to have a June wedding, so that only gave us 4 months. We contacted a few other places and checked them out but we kept coming back to how great the Wyndham was. Loren Ray the wedding event coordinator was absolutely amazing and so easy to work with. He answered all our questions in a timely manner. We had a conflict with our tasting and he was able to move it to a later time so we (me especially) didn’t miss out on it. He is very involved in all his weddings, he makes sure he is the one there the day of to make sure everything goes as planned.
    Our wedding was everything we hoped for a more. His staff did was great the day of.
    What really drew us to the Wyndham, besides Loren Ray being amazing, was the cost was well within our budget! You get so much for the cost. Amazing food and great service. They really make your wedding day about you two and take any and all stress away.
    If we did it all over again we’d still choose the Wyndham in a heart beat!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Wyndham Springfield City Centre's reply:

Dianna, it was my absolute pleasure to serve you and Jay. I honestly had a blast with you guys. Thank you for making planning so much fun.

I can't thank you enough for the heartwarming words. Big hugs and cheesy high fives!

Loren

Dan · Married on 06/09/2018

From the parents of the bride perspective --
    Our family just hosted our daughter's wedding reception at the Wyndham Springfield this past weekend. From the first time my daughter and now husband met Loren Ray, he made them feel comfortable with the Wyndham and all it had to offer, and he also made them feel confident that he was the Wedding Coordinator and Catering Manager they wanted to deal with for their celebration. Living in the Chicagoland area and planning a wedding in Springfield is not an easy task, but, with Loren's approach, it wasn't difficult either. He delivered on every promise he made and more. My daughter never once had a complaint, a concern, or a moment of hesitation when it came to working with Loren.

Loren was nothing but professional, courteous, accommodating, and friendly throughout the entire planning process, not to mention the weekend of execution. His 'we can do that' attitude made us all relax and appreciate that we had little to worry about. He and his entire team provided us with a beautiful and memorable event.

The venue presentation - beautiful. The food - delicious. The bar - plentiful. The staff - friendly, courteous, responsive. The overall value - outstanding. Our daughter and her husband's weekend...absolutely phenomenal.

If you are considering hosting an event in Springfield, Loren Ray and his team at the Wyndham will get the job done and done right! We couldn't be more complimentary.

Sent on 06/15/2018

Mycah · Married on 09/02/2017

We used the Wyndham for our recent wedding and we couldn't recommend them enough. Every single staff member went above and beyond to make our day special. Our wedding coordinator, Loren Ray was outstanding! Everything we wanted, he delivered. Every single staff member that helped with our wedding, from the set up, to the meals, to the tear down were all amazing. So helpful, friendly and kind. I couldn't recommend the Wyndham anymore for a wedding or event.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Wyndham Springfield City Centre's reply:

Mycah, it was our pleasure, We can't thank you enough for being such a wonderful and delightful Bride and we thank you for recognizing our staff. They do work so hard and they love most working our weddings. We thank you for your generosity and your kindness.

xoxo Loren

K · Married on 08/05/2017

Loren and the rest of the Wyndham staff were amazing to work with! Our day couldn't have been any better and I loved every minute of it!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Emma · Married on 08/01/2017

Loren Ray was an amazing wedding planner and always there when I needed help with anything. I definitely would recommend his planning / decorating / attention to detail to anyone and his professionalism was much appreciated. Thanks Loren!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Wyndham Springfield City Centre's reply:

Emma, you know it was my pleasure. Thank you !

Deanna · Married on 04/07/2017

Loren Ray and the Wyndham Springfield City Centre staff were fantastic to work with! My son and bride chose to have wedding and reception at the facility 4/14/17. Staff across all hotel, event planning and food service were friendly and helpful. We had quick response to even the most minor questions. Suggestions were made along the way that helped make the wedding & reception beautiful, run smoothly and save time/money. Costs and schedule were explained thoroughly and provided for review so we were always aware of the price of decisions being made. Value and time saving benefits of the cost of a wedding at this facility are realized when you consider the many who make it a success in every way!

Sent on 04/21/2017

Lisa · Married on 08/27/2016

We had the pleasure of having Loren Ray as our wedding coordinator at the Wyndham Springfield City Centre. His attention to detail surpassed our wildest dreams. He was in communication with us every step of our wedding details, he doubled checked that everything was taken care of and helped with special hotel accommodations for our guests. He organized a themed chalk board to guide our guests once in the hotel lobby and he was present to make sure each place setting was exactly as we wanted them. I wish we could hire Loren for every party we host, you couldn't ask for a more suited planner to help you pull off the event of your dreams. The entire staff was incredibly helpful and on point, from the chef's perfectly cooked dishes to Pauline's tender care of my grandmother- I couldn't be more pleased with our experience at the Wyndham Springfield. We have had many of our guests comment during and after how wonderful the hotel staff was. Thank you Loren & Wyndham Springfield for being part our wedding!!

John & Lisa Novak

Sent on 09/16/2016

The wedding coordinator and staff were absolutely amazing. They went out of their way to make everything as easy for my family and I as possible. The Vista rooms were perfect for our smaller wedding ceremony and reception, and you can't beat the view. Highly recommended.

Sent on 04/21/2016

Wyndham Springfield City Centre's reply:

Thank you so much for your review!! We really appreciate it. It was lovely to work with you and your family on planning such a perfect wedding day!

Ashley · Married on 02/27/2016

I was very pleased with the service I received. Niveesha was AMAZING, she answered all of our questions in a timely manner. I never had any doubts or had to think twice. From rehearsal to the ceremony everything was very well planned. She took her time never rushed anything, also she made sure all of our questions were answered. The big day was a very special day for my husband and I. The servers, down to everyone who helped were nothing but very respectful in running things how I wanted them to go. I would definitely recommend them to anyone I know. I will also be using them again for our anniversary party, I was very pleased. Thank you guys for making my big day nothing but smiles.

Sent on 04/15/2016

Wyndham Springfield City Centre's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! It was such a joy watching everything come together and the happiness on both your faces the day of your ceremony and reception. I look forward to working with you in the future. I can't wait!

Kiiri · Married on 12/05/2015

We were very happy with the location and the services provided. We all had a great time.

Sent on 04/08/2016

Wyndham Springfield City Centre's reply:

Thank you for your response Kiiri! I enjoyed helping you with planning your event. I am happy that you had a great experience with Wyndham City Centre!

Barbara · Married on 11/14/2015

We selected the Wyndham City Center (at the time the Hilton) for the great location. It is downtown Springfield, an icon of Springfield for many years. The hotel itself, offers many amenities that guests enjoy, but is also just steps away from very nice dining opportunities, historical sightseeing, and shopping. Just three blocks from Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum (a must-see) and a short drive to other Abraham Lincoln sites. For our reception we used all three rooms of the Grand Ballroom, a very beautiful venue for a lovely reception. The hotel's restaurants and bars are quite nice, great gathering spots for our wedding guests to gather prior to and after our wedding celebration. The service at the hotel is great. From our first day, meeting with the event planner and banquet manager, I was confident we would have a wonderful experience. The food was very good and warm when served and the banquet manager listed to all of my requests and offered ideas when needed. Any changes to our plans were never a problem. The event planner and banquet manager were exceptional, easy to reach, and so very accommodating and kind. Professional too! Both were available throughout the evening, and additional staff were excellent in serving and assisting. All staff worked wonderfully with our vendors, the photographer, band, florist, and videographer. We had a wonderful wedding reception for our daughter and son-in-law. We couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 04/15/2016

Wyndham Springfield City Centre's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your kind words and are pleased to know that you and your family had a wonderful experienced. It was an honor to work with you on planning your daughter and son-in-laws' wedding. What a great day!
  • Y

Yolonda · Married on 08/23/2014

Milestone Events

Loren is always great to work with! He is pleasant and patient. He works hard to make your event everything you envisioned and more!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Wyndham Springfield City Centre's reply:

Yolonda! You make it easy being so wonderful! We love ALL your events with us! Massive hugs being sent out to you and your family!
  • User3207999 · 2+ years ago

Excited for my big day and thank you to all the staff helping us out! THANK YOU!!

Sent on 06/12/2014