World of Wisdom Ministry Reviews

126 Reviews for World of Wisdom Ministry

1 User photo

World of Wisdom Ministry 1

Jennifer · Married on 11/10/2018

Derek Dube was the best officiant we could have hoped for. After reading numerous wonderful reviews, we decided to ask Derek to be our officiant for our wedding...and we definitely made the right choice. He helped us (easily) create a ceremony which was fitted to our needs and personalities. My now-husband does not practice any religion and I do, and the ceremony was brought together in a way that made us both feel comfortable and thrilled with the outcome. Derek provided everything needed to create an incredible ceremony. His communication and genuine desire to make the day special will not be forgotten. We had an outdoor wedding, and he helped us practice for rain and for shine, and he even joined our families at the rehearsal dinner and the reception to continue the celebration. THANK YOU DEREK! Our day was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 09/01/2016

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Oh my gosh - the backyard setting for your ceremony was stunning! Speaking of stunning - Jennifer and Rodrigo take a back seat to no one! What a glorious day for the two of you to start this new journey on your life path. Not only are the two of you perfect for each other, your families and friends reminded me of a family reunion that have known and loved each other for many years. Thank you so much for such a fabulous weekend!

Scott Zimny · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding Officiant

Derek is very easy to work with, I felt very comfortable working with him from the beginning to the end. His help in creating our ceremony was tremendous and his responsiveness was very quick. In the stress that can come with wedding planning, my wife and I can confidently say that working with him has been stress free.

Sent on 11/04/2018

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Scott, thank you for such wonderful words. Working with you and Samantha over these past months have been such a pleasure. You were both so much fun and I really appreciate your input into making your ceremony unique and personable. I am truly looking forward to your story as it unfolds in the coming years. Abundance, Joy and Love are my wishes for you!

Andrea · Married on 09/14/2018

Derek is amazing!! His communication is great and very professional. He told me from the start when we met with him that all the stress I was explaining to him about where to even begin how to put together the ceremony will be gone. He did just that and took care of all of it. He asked for my ideas and made it clear there are always room for changes in samples he would send me. He would check in on us to see how things were going. He was more than we budgeted, but her was worth every penny. Thank you so much Derek for everything you have done to make the day go as smooth as it did.

Sent on 09/18/2018

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Andrea and Anthony, I am so glad that I was able to help you relieve the stress of planning a wedding ceremony (that seems to be one of my specialties and I really enjoy helping couples in this area). Weddings should be fun and exciting not stressful! Your ceremony was magical, and it had such a beautiful touch having the children participate in the sand ceremony. Thank you also for inviting me to your reception dinner, I truly enjoy celebrating with couples and their friends and family after the ceremony. Wishing you and your family a wonderful journey in life as you begin this new chapter in your lives!

Ashley · Married on 08/25/2018

Derek did a wonderful job officiating our wedding. He made sure our ceremony was tailored just the way we wanted and had great suggestions on how to include our children in the ceremony. He was quick to respond to e-mails and very thorough with any information we needed. We highly recommend Derek and World of Wisdom Ministries LLC.

Sent on 08/29/2018
    World of Wisdom Ministry 2

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Ashley and Mike, thank you so much for allowing me to be part of your beautiful wedding ceremony. Having the children stand up with you was a wonderful addition to your ceremony. Your choice of venue was simply stunning, having the lake as your background. I had so much fun meeting your family and friends - you are loved very much and this new journey that your family is starting with be blessed many times over.

Cassidy · Married on 07/19/2018

My husband (Matt) and I cannot say enough nice things about Derek! He was so wonderful overall and we would recommend him in a heartbeat. Derek is easy to work with and made our day so special. He is very thoughtful, even to the point of grabbing Matt and I something to drink during our seemingly endless family photos after the ceremony :) He is very genuine, kind, and detail-oriented. Derek kept us in the loop along the way and provided us with lots of great information to help us craft the perfect ceremony and what to expect with marriage licenses, etc. We could not have done it without him and are so happy to have had Derek there! Thank you, Derek, and you won't be sorry you booked him for your big day.

Side note - the wedding was 7/20//18 but it keeps changing to 7/19/18... sorry!

Sent on 07/23/2018

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Ah, Cassidy and Matt, what can I say besides what an honor it was to meet both of you and co-create your beautiful ceremony! I had so much fun at your rehearsal dinner and wedding reception; meeting many of your friends and family members. The speeches from your best man and maid of honor really did both of you justice. They were heartfelt, honest and showed how much the two of you belong together for many, many years of marriage. I am grateful to have stood with you as you shared your vows and exchanged "I Do's" in front of all your guests and begin this amazing new chapter in your lives. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your big day!

Brenden · Married on 07/14/2018

Our officiant was Derek Dube and there was no other person in this world who could have married my wife and I. Derek is the type of person who would give you the shirt off his back if it was needed. He really took the time to get to know and understand my wife and I and really made our day an everlasting memory. You don’t find people like Derek anymore, he is one of the most genuine people we have ever met. It was a blessing that we found Derek as he is the best. We not only had a phenomenal wedding because of him, but we now have a life long friend and couldn’t be more blessed to have Derek in our lives.

Sent on 07/15/2018

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Brenden and Chelsea, first and foremost, I am so glad to have both of you as dear friends. It was a joy to meet you and so much fun working with both of you over the past several months to create such an incredible wedding ceremony. The readings you chose were perfect and I loved the personal touch that you added to the wine ceremony. I am so looking forward to hearing all the great experiences and news that will be forthcoming in the many years ahead from you two fantastic people! Blessings.

Collin · Married on 06/15/2018

Overall, Derek was a fantastic officiant for our wedding. He was always very professional and responsive during the planning phase. He has a lot of experience to draw from including various sample ceremonies and ideas for ceremonial rituals. At our rehearsal, he took the lead to make sure everyone knew exactly what they were doing for the day of. The day of, he made sure the various groups of vendors (DJ/Venue Host/photographers) were aligned for the key ceremony points. Lastly, the delivery of his message was smooth, compassionate, and truly felt personalized. I would highly recommend his officiant services.
    Thanks again Derek for making our day special.

Sent on 06/25/2018

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Colin and Jean, thank you so much for the wonderful words. I am so grateful that I had the honor of working with the two of you to co-create such a beautiful ceremony. I had so much fun getting to know you and your story. I enjoyed meeting all your friends and family at the rehearsal and then had a great time at the wedding and reception dinner. It is a pleasure to call you my friends. Thanks again for one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had as a Wedding Officiant!

Lisa · Married on 10/21/2017

Derek was great at keeping in contact with us throughout the whole process. He sent samples of ceremonies, reminded us of things we needed to do and when (like apply for a marriage license!), and conducted our rehearsal and ceremony with professionalism and the right amount of humor and personality.

Sent on 11/16/2017

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Lisa and Mark, I just loved working with both of you! Each of you had so much to contribute to your beautiful ceremony. It truly was a co-creation. Congrats on this wonderful new journey you are about to embark on. Wishing you the best life has to offer. I am looking forward to all the new experiences in store for you.

Tina · Married on 10/14/2017

Derek was great, he gave and helped us with so much more that what we could even imagined.

Sent on 10/22/2017

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Tina and Ross, it was sooo much fun co-creating your ceremony! I just loved the Unity Painting that the two of you completed together. I enjoyed meeting both of you and will cherish our time together.

Kenn and Melissa · Married on 09/02/2017

Derek presented professionalism and personal care together to create a wonderful experience for our entire family! Every family has their uniqueness and with a celebration as special as a wedding you only want the best. Derek made sure all the details were covered and we knew exactly what to expect. The day was perfect even with the "good luck" rain! We are very grateful for Derek's part in our son and new daughter in law's wedding day.

Sent on 09/04/2017

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Dear Kenn and Melissa, thank you so much for inviting me into your home and for hosting the wedding ceremony in your beautiful backyard. It was a perfect setting for your son and new daughter-in-law! Even with a little rain, the day was perfect. I was able to speak with many of the guests and they shared what a wonderful couple Sam and Samantha will be for many, many years to come. Thanks for all your support and love. You are great role models!

Lisa · Married on 08/12/2017

Derek was very helpful throughout the whole process and had many great ideas for the ceremony. We did most of our communication through email and he was very quick to respond when questions arose. My husband and I are so happy we decided to have Derek officiate our wedding. We had so many compliments on the ceremony. We would recommend him to anyone 100%!

Sent on 08/22/2017

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

What a wonderful couple the two of you make. Your love and respect for each other certainly was very powerful for me every time we met or spoke on the phone during the process of putting your ceremony together. Thank you for inviting me to your reception dinner as I had a great time speaking with your families and friends, dancing and just being a part of your celebration. What a gift it was to have met you.

Erika · Married on 07/08/2017

It was wonderful to create our ceremony. We had an overwhelming amount of positive feedback on how beautiful our ceremony was. Derek was a wonderful help, very conscientious about the bride and grooms feelings and views. It was the best alternative for us because our home church would marry us, because we already lived together.

Sent on 07/16/2017

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Erika and Darryl - it was so much fun co-creating your beautiful and unique wedding ceremony. I loved the venue that you chose, it was so energetically perfect! I enjoyed everything about you; you have a great, loving and supportive family on both sides. I was honored to meet many of your friends and family at the rehearsal and at your reception and it was unanimous - the two of you are perfect together! Wishing you both a long and happy life together filled with Joy, Prosperity and Love!

Rachel · Married on 07/01/2017

Rev. Derek was outstanding. From day 1 his dedication to our ceremony felt like it was his #1 priority. His response time via phone conversations and emails was immediate and throrough. He provided us with enough material that I was able to co-create our own unique ceremony. The blessing he gave at the dinner reception was so heartfelt and meaningful that it felt like we knew him our whole lives. Prior to the ceremony he took the time to meet with my husband and I each seperately to pray and calm our nerves through reassurance. Our ceremony was everything and more than I could have imagined.

Sent on 07/03/2017

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Rachel and Michael, you are right, every couple that I have the honor to work with gets my utmost attention and priority! I love what I do and the two of you are one of the reasons I chose the path of being a Customized Wedding Officiant: it is fun, it is an honor, it is rewarding and it is above all, a true Joy! I am looking forward to keeping in touch and to hear about all the great news from this new journey that you are on.

Amy · Married on 06/30/2017

We got married on June 30, 2017. Derek was amazing!! The ceremony was beautiful!! We were able to create our own special ceremony. Derek was helpful and gave great suggestions when trying to make decisions. Within our ceremony we wanted our parents to renew their wedding vows. Derek was excited and created a special part in the ceremony just for them. Everyone gave us complements about the ceremony! Derek is very easy to work with and always responded in a timely manner when needed. We would definitely recommend Derek!!

Sent on 07/15/2017

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Wow, thank you for the glowing review! I am so glad to have been able to honor your request to include both sets of parents and renew their vows. My reward was the beautiful glow in each one of their eyes and their absolute sereneness as they recommitted to each other after 30 and 46 years married respectively. What a wonderful gift you both gave your parents. Thank you for your trust and your friendship - something I will treasure for the rest of my life.

Denise · Married on 06/10/2017

Derek was truly great to work with. He gave us a lot of options for the reading, vows, etc. and we were able to customize the ceremony to best fit us. He made us feel comfortable from the beginning planning stage to the "I do's". He gave us a beautiful ceremony and we couldn't be happier! We would highly recommend using his services.

Sent on 07/20/2017

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful assessment and thank you for the recommendation! Your ceremony was simply beautiful and having both of your mothers come up to light the tapered candles during the Unity Candle Ceremony was a nice touch. I wish you both a long and happy life together filled with Joy, Peace and Love.

Evan · Married on 06/03/2017

Derek was great! He gave us guidance from the beginning with several ceremony outline options. He helped us throught the whole process and gave us timely reminders to make sure everything was ready for our wedding day!

Sent on 06/05/2017

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Evan and Michelle, what a beautiful day to have your wedding ceremony! The weather was great and the venue was beautiful with that stunning birch arbor. I thought that the three of us co-created such a unique and intimate ceremony that you and your guests will remember for years to come. Many blessings to both of you on your new and magnificent journey.

Jamy · Married on 05/19/2017

Derek was absolutely wonderful! We weren't really sure what to expect going into the whole wedding planning process, and he helped us with everything step by step. He sent us information that allowed us to make the ceremony completely our own, and we couldn't be more thankful. My husband and I both feel so blessed we were able to have Derek as our officiant on our wedding day, and we highly recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 08/18/2017

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

It certainly was my pleasure to be of service to you on your big day as you begin this new chapter in your lives. Many blessings to both of you. I enjoyed the tree planting ritual that you included in your ceremony. Like a tree, your marriage must be resilient. It must weather the challenges of daily life and the passage of time. As I got to know both of you during the process, I believe that you will both be as sturdy as the tree that symbolizes your love for each other.

Nicholas · Married on 05/06/2017

Derek was an excellent resource in planning our ceremony and making sure that it went off without a hitch. From our first planning sessions to all the good ideas he had for the ceremony to make it unique to our preferences, to his help with the rehearsal and day of he was a great choice for our officiant.

Sent on 05/12/2017

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Nicholas and Kimberly, thanks for being so helpful and hands on as we co-created such a beautiful ceremony for you - one that I believe you and your guests will remember for many, many years! Having your 4 grandmothers as flower girls was such a sweet, charming and unique component of the day. I really enjoyed meeting both of you and feel that I now have two more life long friends. Best wishes and lots of love to you!

Brian · Married on 02/18/2017

Very pleased w/ Derek - was early to everything we had planned, very accommodating and made sure we got what we wanted, was well prepared and did a great job, followed through with all promises, got all paperwork in order very quickly. Couldn't have asked for more. Thank you.

Sent on 03/06/2017

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Brian and Kim, thank you so much for all the wonderful input you had regarding your ceremony. I really felt the great love between you and this love will carry you through many years of joy, happiness and prosperity as you journey this new chapter in your lives. Congratulations!

Tracy · Married on 01/21/2017

Derek was amazing to work with. He actually helped me, the bride, feel very comfortable with how organized and planned he was. Even when I felt like I had a lot left to do, I knew the one thing that was covered was our ceremony process. Derek made it very easy and he was very accommodating.

Sent on 01/23/2017

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, and oh yeah - you two are a couple of the kindest and most gentle people I have ever met! It was a great joy working with both of you over the last few months and creating such a unique ceremony. Having Jordyn celebrate with you was so special on your special day. Thank you for being so helpful!

Derek was such a pleasure to work with. I found him online in my searches for an officiant and from the moment we met him, we knew he was the right fit for us. We were looking for a non-religious, yet spiritual wedding, and he did an amazing job of helping us create that. He provided tons of examples for us to look at and ceremony structures for us to choose from and helped us create a ceremony that was unique to us. He was super responsive and always on top of anything we asked. We had several people tell us what a great job he did speaking at the ceremony. Little things like him stepping out of the way for our first kiss so the photographer could capture the moment- that's someone that's great at his craft. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/07/2016

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Thank you so much for the beautiful and kind words! You were both such a pleasure to work with and together, the three of us created such a wonderful, intimate and unique ceremony. Wishing the two of you a long, married life while enjoying the journey and appreciating each other and sharing your love. Thank you again for the honor of being of service to you.

Shelby · Married on 10/08/2016

Derek was amazing and easy to work with. He really made us feel like it was our ceremony. He is extremely flexible and willing to put together whatever you'd like in your ceremony. I highly recommend Derek's services to anyone who is looking for an officiant for their wedding.

Sent on 10/22/2016

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Shelby and Lexi - what can I say? Did we not have a ton of fun putting your ceremony together? You are a beautiful couple and such great sense of humor. Thank you for the invite to the rehearsal dinner - I was able to confirm what I already knew by speaking with many of your family and friends - that you two are so in love with each other and make the perfect couple. Wishing you many Joys on your journey!
  • User7199333 · 2+ years ago

Amazing officiant, took the time to get to know us and helped us create the perfect ceremony!

Sent on 09/13/2016

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to post an assessment of my Officiant services. I am so glad that you enjoyed the process and the ceremony that was customized just for you.

Brandon · Married on 09/11/2016

Derek Dube officiated our wedding and it was fantastic. He was helpful all the way through the process from suggestions on the ceremony to vow creations. He was responsive and professional. Our guests loved the ceremony and still talk about his great personality. Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/24/2016

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Brandon and Maggie, thank you so much for the kind words. You both were truly a gift to work with. I thought your ceremony was heartfelt and worthy of remembering for many, many years to come as it symbolized the love you share for each other. Many blessings for a long and happy life with each other filled with Joy and Love!