World of Wisdom Ministry Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Alexis
    Alexis R. Married on 10/23/2021

Simply Perfect

Simply put, Derek was exactly what we were looking for in an Officiant. He listened to us and implemented our ceremony ideas. He provided suggestions when we were unsure how to proceed. He was thoughtful, caring, and charismatic. He spoke amazingly well in front of our large reception group. He was cool, calm, and collected (especially as the two of us had some nerves!). We could not of asked for anything more from Derek and are so happy he was part of our day.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Lexy and Chris, wow - what a beautiful ceremony and a wonderful time had by all! I am so glad to have had the opportunity to meet both of you and create such an intimate and fun wedding ceremony. Meeting your families and friends was certainly a bonus. I am really looking forward to hearing all the great things that are in store for you for many years to come. Blessings and Prosperity are sent your way.
  • Silvia
    Silvia H. Married on 10/17/2021

Amazing Officiant!

I had such a great experience with Derek Dube and creating the ceremony. He was very responsive and went above and beyond the day of the wedding for us. I am truly grateful we found him and he was able to be part of our special day.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Silvia and Robert, thank you for the honor of Officiating your Wedding Ceremony. I had so much fun helping you create such a memorable and blessed ceremony. I had a lot of fun working with you and you both added awesome personality to the entire day. Wishing you the best life has to offer.
  • Kristen
    Kristen M. Married on 10/10/2021

Wedding officiant

Derek was amazing from the minute we hired him. He was so helpful and gave us many different options to choose a ceremony that was unique to us. He always responded very quickly. the day of the wedding we were delayed due to rain and he was very helpful and understanding with waiting.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings, Kristen and Daniel, I know that you had your heart set on an outdoor ceremony, but the rain was not in a very cooperative mood. We waited and then waited some more, but we finally had a break in the weather and were able to complete your ceremony in between the raindrops. I am so happy for you. The glass unity ceremony that you chose was powerful and a wonderful way to symbolically combine your two lives into one. I am so glad to have met you and work together to create such a beautiful ceremony for you and your guests to enjoy. Much happiness and joy being sent to you.
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn W. Married on 10/09/2021

Highly Recommend

Derek was a joy to work with from start to finish. He was very communicative and reached out regularly throughout the planning process. He responded quickly to any questions we had and had plenty of vendor recommendations. He guided us through the process of cultivating a ceremony that perfectly reflected us as a couple.
    We cannot recommend having Derek officiate your wedding enough! He was beyond helpful before and on the wedding day, even going so far as to get us each a drink right after the ceremony! He made sure we were taken care of and worry free on our wedding day.
    We are so appreciative and grateful to have had Derek on our wedding day!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Kaitlyn and Nick, thank you so much for your kindness and caring throughout the process of co-creating your ceremony. It is always my pleasure to offer referrals of other vendors whether it be a photographer, a limo or shuttle, a florist or whatever your needs are, I am here to assist in any way I can. It was an honor to be part of your 'big day' and I look forward to hearing of the many great memories that you are starting to create for yourselves.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 10/02/2021

Excellent Officiant!

Derek was amazing! He put together a spectacular ceremony and even added some of our personal touches. He was super responsive and very understanding. Derek was super helpful and made our day special. I would highly recommend Derek to anyone and I even did, My maid of honor is getting married and May next year and is using him as well!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Jennifer and Nathan, first of all, what a spectacular wedding ceremony you had. The backdrop was truly phenomenal and I can't wait to see the photos of the gathering of you, your families and friends on this gorgeous golf course. Your ceremony perfectly mirrored the love that you have for each other and I know your happiness will last for many, many years of great experiences. Wishing you all the best that life has to offer.
    Jordan Married on 09/17/2021

Easy to work with!

Derek was extremely professional and knowledgeable.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Marissa and Jordan, thank you for the opportunity to create such a short, sweet and intimate wedding ceremony for you. You chose such a beautiful garden venue - I'm sure the photos will be spectacular! Wishing you Joy, Happiness and a life filled with Wonderful Adventures.
  • Cassidy
    Cassidy D. Married on 08/28/2021

August Wedding

Derek was great! He is very knowledgeable and helped us craft the perfect wedding. He was a pleasure to work with.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Cassidy and Bryan, wow, what a beautiful ceremony that the three of us created together! It was so much fun working with you and getting to meet both of your families and friends. The time capsule ritual that you chose was just perfect for the two of you. Writing letters to each other to open at a future anniversary was a great idea that I believe you will truly enjoy. Many Blessings
  • Timothy
    Timothy S. Married on 08/21/2021

Really knows how to respond to the energy of a room

Really added to how special the day was for us. He was great and reading the room and keeping a good flow. Such a fantastic guy to have around we asked him to stick around for our taco dinner!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Tim and Katy, your wedding was so much fun, I can't remember that much laughter during a ceremony as what we experienced at yours. Thank you also for the taco invite, they are one of my favorites! I had so much fun meeting your families and friends. Wishing you many blessings throughout your life and lots of happy memories.
    Kathryn C. Married on 08/14/2021

Fantastic!

Derek is amazing! He helped create the perfect ceremony for us. He had a ton of variations and examples for the ceremony, letting us pick and pull from different ideas to create perfect moments, including examples of vows, unity ceremonies, blessings and so much more. Derek Dube is professional and passionate. We felt so loved by him and he helped to make the day so special. HIGHLY recommend.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Thank you so much for the loving review Katie and Arnoldo. Your day was very special because you are the best partners for each other and that showed in the touching personal vows that you shared with each other. From when we first met, I could tell how your personalities complimented each other. You are a dynamite couple and I wish you only the best on this new chapter in your lives. Thanks for being friends on Facebook - I can watch all the exciting experiences you will be sharing.
    Mariah A. Married on 08/07/2021

Great Officiant

Derek helped us put together the perfect ceremony and was very helpful in coordinating the rehearsal to make sure everything went smoothly on our wedding day.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Mariah and Clayton, thanks for the kind words. I enjoy the rehearsals almost as much as the actual wedding ceremony - which by the way was simply fantastic! You have such wonderful families and friends. I really enjoyed meeting many of them and hearing how perfect the two of you are together. Thanks for being friends on Facebook, this way I can keep up with all the great adventures that come your way. Happiness an Joy are my wishes for both of you.
  • Nathan
    Nathan I. Married on 07/10/2021

Small Wedding Master!

We had a wonderful wedding with Derek as our officiant in July of 2021. For reference it was a small backyard ceremony with about 15 guests besides the newlyweds. He prepared a great ceremony, gave us ample time for notes and flexibility, and even came up with a great tree planting ceremony. He is the best! Was very popular with the families at our small wedding and has a great speaking voice. Overall could not be happier with our choice of officiant. Thanks Derek!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Nathan and Sarah. It was so much fun working with you to create such a beautiful and intimate wedding ceremony. The back yard setting was spectacular! I can't wait to see the pictures. I enjoyed meeting your family and hearing so many great things about both of you. Much Happiness and Joy are sent your way as you write each new chapter of your lives together.
    Jordan S. Married on 06/26/2021

Wedding Officiant

Derek was an amazing officiant at my wedding! He was very personable, professional, and made everyone feel very prepared for the day. He was always available to answer questions and I loved that my husband and I got to add so much character to the ceremony.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Jordan and Brody, it was so much fun working with both of you to create such an exquisite ceremony for your 'big day'. I simply loved the personal touches that you added and the two readings you chose were very appropriate (not to mention, two of my favorites). My wish for you is to enjoy a long life together filled with Joy, Peace and Love!
  • KIM
    Kim E. Married on 06/12/2021

Highly Recommend

Derek was so easy to work with and let us customize the ceremony to what we wanted. Professional, responsive, friendly - highly recommend!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Kim and Jon, what a beautiful, intimate and charming wedding you had at the Botanical Gardens. I really enjoyed meeting your family and closest friends. This wedding ceremony sent the two of you off on a fantastic journey that will culminate in much fun, happy memories and a lifetime of love. Congratulations!
    Heidi K. Married on 06/05/2021

Created the ceremony around our wishes

Derek Dube was an excellent officiant. He provided suggestions and ultimately went with exactly what my fiancé and I wanted. He shared with us the exact script he would read during the ceremony and he stayed in regular contact from the time we hired him. Five stars.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Namaste Heidi and Yogi, creating a ceremony with you and combining your two different faiths was such a joy for me. The personal touches that you added were an intimate and perfect way to express your love for each other. I look forward to all the wonderful stories and adventures that the two of you will share throughout your lives.
    Paige C. Married on 05/22/2021

Couldn’t Have Asked For Better!

I could explain in detail the headaches caused and hoops to go through that 2020 caused myself and my husband trying to get married…but at the end of the day and two weddings later (2020 and 2021): Derek was truly great to have as an officiant through both! He guided us through our vows and answered any questions we had. He was so flexible with what we did or didn’t want as part of our big day. Even the day of (2021), THIRTY MINUTES before the ceremony, he allowed me to change the location of the ceremony! (No questions asked, took charge of the group, and just rolled with it!) Having an officiant like Derek really took a weight off my shoulders as a bride on her big day. 100/10 would recommend!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

WOW! What a sensational ride it was - but truly a glorious and memorable one also. Having to reschedule your ceremony that many times due to the covid situation I'm sure was stressful for you, but in the end - it was just PERFECT - we did it together. I am grateful that I was able to be there for you through all of the changes and adjustments. Paige and Joe, you are a wonderful couple and are meant for each other. I want to send you my best, my support and all the blessings you deserve.
    Elizabeth S. Married on 05/08/2021

Excellent ceremony, could not have done it without Rev. Dube!

Thank you so much Rev. Dube!! We could not have had such a beautiful ceremony without you.
    We highly recommend having Rev. Dube as your officiant. He provided us with all of the essential information and more, answered all of our questions, provided feedback and suggestions, went out of his way to meet in person with us, and walked us through each and every part of the ceremony. Although we hadn't known each other for long, he truly made us feel like family. Thank you!!!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Lisa and Max, thanks for the kind words and your input into the type of ceremony you dreamed of. You were both a lot of fun to work with and I enjoyed meeting your families and friends at your intimate, awesome reception. The food, the atmosphere, the dancing, your guests and of course both of you all made for a magical day and a memorable celebration. Congratulations on this new chapter in your lives!
  • Nicole
    Nicole G. Married on 11/07/2020

Derek is Wonderful

Derek was absolutely unbelievable to work with from the beginning through our wedding day, and even after. Right from the beginning, Derek made a huge effort to get to know us, and to craft our wedding ceremony around the things that were most important to us. He was incredibly professional, and he performed our ceremony in a way that displayed its beauty and thoughtfulness perfectly. We could not recommend Derek more!

The Nickels

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Nikki and Greg, thank you so much for the wonderful assessment. It certainly was an honor to Officiate your wedding ceremony and celebrate this new chapter in your lives. I had a terrific time co-creating such a beautiful ceremony with you. Getting to know you over these past several months has been a joy that I will cherish for many years to come.

I wish you both only the very best that life has to offer and I am excited for all the fun and meaningful adventures ahead of you.

Most Gratefully,

Derek.
  • Amanda
    Amanda N. Married on 10/31/2020

Derek was wonderful!

Derek was absolutely wonderful to work with! He provided all the necessary materials for us to create our perfect ceremony and was patient when I took forever to get back to him. The rehearsal wouldn't have went as smoothly as it did if Derek wasn't there to help. I got many compliments on how friendly and professional Derek was from many family members. I highly recommend him to any future couples!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Good morning Amanda and Sean, thank for your kind words. I thought the two of you were absolutely wonderful to work with as well. Your rehearsal was so much fun - we laughed and joked all night - and the wedding ceremony turned out perfect! I wish you both all the best that life has to offer as you enter this new chapter in your lives and continue to support each other along the way. I look forward to all the new and exciting experiences you share with each other as the years go by.
    Amanda C. Married on 10/03/2020

Little rain couldn't stop us!

We were very happy with our choice to go with Derek/World of Ministry for our officiant for our 2020 wedding. It was quite a year planning and he was patience with us and our last minute planning. He provided some great examples of ceremonies and it allowed us to build our own to what we wanted. He was very professional in planning and presentation and we were pleased how it all turned out (even with some last minute rain on our ceremony day). Thank you for your help Derek and it was a pleasure to have you be part of our special day!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Josh and Amanda, I had so much fun with you customizing your wedding ceremony. You're right, a little bit of rain did not stop a most beautiful and magnificent day to celebrate your love for each other. I am so glad to have met both of you and call you my friends. I am looking forward to all the wonderful experiences that will enhance your lives for many years to come.
  • Alex
    Alex Married on 09/26/2020

Powerful and professional wedding officiant

We were extremely happy with our choice to go with Derek Dube as our wedding officiant. He was helpful and friendly throughout the preparation process, arrived on time, looking sharp, for the ceremony, and provided many helpful last-minute tips and suggestions for the ceremony logistics based on his experience. The ceremony itself was beautiful and seamless. We definitely made the right decision by choosing Derek/World of Wisdom.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Rachel and Alex, what can I say? Your ceremony was simply beautiful and I enjoyed my time working with both of you to co-create the perfect wedding day for you and your guests. Speaking with some of your family members and close friends really gave me a great understanding of how much they love and support you and the love and respect that you have for each other. Thank you for allowing me to share in your celebration.
  • Carla
    Carla Married on 09/12/2020

We couldn’t have done it without you!!

Derek, thank you for being part of our special day. Your patience, professionalism, & caring attitude is what we needed. The ceremony was perfect. We could not have done it without your guidance. You made the day so special. The ceremony shined on God as our Guest Of Honor. Thank You!!!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Carla and Adam, it was my pleasure to be of service to you as your Wedding Officiant on your 'big day'! I reaaly enjoyed meeting you and working on your ceremony that Ithought was simply perfect even though we had so mnay details change throughout the process. Carla, your dress was gorgeous and you made such a beautiful bride. Adam, you are a fine and caring person and I know the two of you will enjoy many, mnay years of happiness and fantastic experiences for years to come. Many blessings you both of you and your families.
  • Sophie
    Sophie Married on 08/22/2020

Derek helped us create the most perfect micro wedding!

Derek was a pleasure to work with! He was professional and provided us with plenty of resources to help us create a ceremony unique to us, while also keeping the traditional elements of a wedding ceremony that we valued. He was flexible with all the changes that the pandemic forced on us and respectful of our health and safety throughout the event. We had the most perfect micro wedding! If you are looking for a minister, look no further!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Sophie and Andy, thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words. I enjoyed cocreating a beautiful and very intimate ceremony with you. Your patience, understanding and flexibility during the process and what we had to deal with regarding covid 19 was extremely helpful and appreciated. Your love for each other really shone bright that day and will last you a lifetimefilled with mutual respect, happiness and fun memories.
  • Mike
    Mike R. Married on 08/15/2020

The Perfect Wedding Day

Working with Derek was everything you would hope for when planning your wedding. He was kind, responsive, knowledgable, flexible, and extremely personable. Aside from all that, he's simply a great guy that you want to have at your wedding. Derek stayed for dinner and our guests could not stop talking about how kind he was throughout the night and what a positive addition to our wedding he was. More specifically, he sat with my family and took genuine interest learning more about our story. Derek was the officiant for not only our wedding, but also for my brother in law. I would not recommend anyone other than Derek to help guide you in your wedding planning process and provide genuine input with your interests in the forefront of his mind. Book him now. you will not regret it!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Mike and Kayla, the pleasure was all mine. I had o much fun working with both of you to create the perfect, intimate wedding ceremony. I had a great time meeting and talking with your families and friends, they all love you soooo much. It was great to see everyone again since I married Kayla's brother at the same venue just a couple of months prior. By the way, the venue, River Park, is simply beautiful and I will reccomend it to couple's in the future. I look forward to many, many years of your friendship and I am excited to see all the neat adventures your path brings your way. Much Love and Blessings.
    Amanda N. Married on 08/01/2020

Exceeded Expectations

Derek is a true professional. He guided us through our ceremony to truly make it our own, with thoughtful tips along the way. He went above and beyond to ensure everyone was comfortable and well taken care of the day of the wedding.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Amanda and Christian, thank you so much for everything. I appreciate all the effort that you put forth in co-creating such a beautiful ceremony. The tree planting ritual and inviting your children to participate was awesome and cherished. I am sure they will remember this for the rest of their lives. I wish you and your family all the best as you continue writing the wonderful adventures of your life experiences together. Peace, Joy and love to all of you.