World of Wisdom Ministry Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Cassidy
    Cassidy W. Married on 07/22/2022

Professional & Organized

Derek did a fantastic job guiding us through the ceremony process. I don't know what we would have done at the rehearsal without him. He thought of all things I never would have thought of. He made the ceremony feel seamless!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Cassidy and Chris, wow - how great was your wedding day! The Schlitz Audubon was a wonderful setting for the two of you. It matched your love for each other and the outdoors. I spoke with many of your friends and family after the service and they thought that the hand ritual you chose fit your relationship with each other perfectly. Wishing you both a long life together filled with Joy, Respect and Love.
    Sheila A. Married on 06/25/2022

Absolutely Amazing

Derek was beyond amazing during our wedding journey. He was communicative, responsive, accommodating and so much more! We hired Derek shortly after we got engaged and throughout the 2 years of our planning Derek kept in touch and made us feel at ease. I highly recommend hiring Derek as your officiant especially if you wish to have a bilingual ceremony.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Absolutely amazing is right! Sheila and Andrew - it was a pleasure meeting both of you and working together to co-create a phenomenal wedding ceremony! The little bit of rain drizzle we experienced just added that extra amount of uniqueness that your ceremony deserved. Having the wording translated in Spanish was an awesome touch for your guests. Many Blessings to you as you travel this new path together.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Erin
    Erin W. Married on 06/18/2022

Amazing officiant!

Derek was so great to work with! Our wedding ceremony was absolutely perfect! He helped us write the most beautiful catholic ceremony. He was super responsive and helpful throughout the whole entire wedding planning process. We couldn't have asked for a better officiant for our special day. Thank you SO much Derek!!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Erin and Mike, I had so much fun working with both of you on your ceremony and especially at your wedding service. You are surrounded by such a loving and fun group of friends and family. Having your Aunt Leslie and Uncle Ricardo participate in your ceremony by doing a reading was wonderful and an honor for them to be included. Many Blessings for many, many years to come.
    Madeleine G. Married on 06/12/2022

Fantastic to work with!

Derek Dube was great! He was very flexible and easy to talk to and work with. He was very respectful, genuine and professional. He was very understanding of our requests on how we would like the ceremony to go and had helpful suggestions. We used alot of his suggestions to put together our own custom ceremony which he performed beautifully and masterfully. During our vows he stepped away off to the side and just let us be there to talk to each other which was perfect. He just knows what to do! He was always very responsive to emails and questions and very easy to communicate with. You won't go wrong with Reverend Derek! Thank you so much for helping make our wedding special and unique to us!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Madeleine and Casey - wow - was your ceremony beautiful! I was so happy to work with both of you as we planned such an intimate and touching wedding day for you. I very much enjoyed speaking with you family members and friends after the ceremony and I went away knowing just how much you all mean to each other and what a tight knit group you are. Blessings to both of you on this journey you are committed to taking together.
    Courtney K. Married on 05/21/2022

Wedding Ceremony Officiant

My husband and I recently got married with the help of Derek Dube with World of Wisdom Ministry. We cannot say enough good things about our experience with Derek. He is professional, kind and truly made our wedding so special! From beginning to end, Derek reached out often to check in and offered plenty of sample templates/wording to tailor our ceremony to something that fit us as a couple. We received numerous compliments from guests in regard to our ceremony after, too! We would definitely recommend Derek and World of Wisdom Ministry for anyone seeking an officiant for their special day!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Courtney and Chris, what a wonderful, fun and made for each other couple! I enjoyed meeting both of you and creating such a beautiful wedding ceremony together. Your ceremony was simply perfect and matched the love you have for each other. As you enter this new chapter in your lives, may you be blessed with Joy, Peace and Love!
  • Arrielle
    Arrielle C. Married on 04/24/2022

Fantastic Officiant!

We had an amazing experience at our wedding with Derek as our officiant! He was very responsive to all messages in the months leading to the ceremony and sent many helpful tips! He is very flexible and allows lots of customization options for your ceremony. Truly a pleasure to work with! I can not recommend him enough!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Arrielle and Brad, what a wonderful treat it was to co-create such a beautiful and fun wedding ceremony with both of you. The personal vows that you shared with each other was electrifying. The reading that you chose, "This Day I Married MY Best Friend", was perfect for the two of you. I am so happy for you and the new journey you are about to embark on. Blessings for many, many years to come!
    Casey H. Married on 03/19/2022

Perfect Ceremony for our Perfect Day

Derek was great to work with! He was very responsive via email which worked out well for my husband and my busy schedule.
    Derek provided us plenty of options for readings, unity ideas, and layouts for our ceremony.
    He accommodated all of our requests including writing personal vows, having two readers and letting us have music during our unity ceremony. My husband and I wanted a semi-religious ceremony, and Derek was able to balance it perfectly.
    Derek even helped us through the marriage license process which was a huge help!
    We got so many compliments on our ceremony! Derek added many personal touches to our wedding day which made us feel special. I would highly recommend using Derek for your “big day”!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Casey and Clayton, I am so glad to have met you and was able to help create a beautiful ceremony that met your approval. You were both so awesome to work with and I really enjoyed your input and quick follow ups to any questions that I had. The love that you have for each other sure came across with incredible tenderness throughout your ceremony - your personal vows were touching, sincere and powerful! I look forward to all the great experiences that are coming your way for many, many years!
  • Alexis
    Alexis R. Married on 10/23/2021

Simply Perfect

Simply put, Derek was exactly what we were looking for in an Officiant. He listened to us and implemented our ceremony ideas. He provided suggestions when we were unsure how to proceed. He was thoughtful, caring, and charismatic. He spoke amazingly well in front of our large reception group. He was cool, calm, and collected (especially as the two of us had some nerves!). We could not of asked for anything more from Derek and are so happy he was part of our day.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Lexy and Chris, wow - what a beautiful ceremony and a wonderful time had by all! I am so glad to have had the opportunity to meet both of you and create such an intimate and fun wedding ceremony. Meeting your families and friends was certainly a bonus. I am really looking forward to hearing all the great things that are in store for you for many years to come. Blessings and Prosperity are sent your way.
  • Silvia
    Silvia H. Married on 10/17/2021

Amazing Officiant!

I had such a great experience with Derek Dube and creating the ceremony. He was very responsive and went above and beyond the day of the wedding for us. I am truly grateful we found him and he was able to be part of our special day.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Silvia and Robert, thank you for the honor of Officiating your Wedding Ceremony. I had so much fun helping you create such a memorable and blessed ceremony. I had a lot of fun working with you and you both added awesome personality to the entire day. Wishing you the best life has to offer.
  • Kristen
    Kristen M. Married on 10/10/2021

Wedding officiant

Derek was amazing from the minute we hired him. He was so helpful and gave us many different options to choose a ceremony that was unique to us. He always responded very quickly. the day of the wedding we were delayed due to rain and he was very helpful and understanding with waiting.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings, Kristen and Daniel, I know that you had your heart set on an outdoor ceremony, but the rain was not in a very cooperative mood. We waited and then waited some more, but we finally had a break in the weather and were able to complete your ceremony in between the raindrops. I am so happy for you. The glass unity ceremony that you chose was powerful and a wonderful way to symbolically combine your two lives into one. I am so glad to have met you and work together to create such a beautiful ceremony for you and your guests to enjoy. Much happiness and joy being sent to you.
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn W. Married on 10/09/2021

Highly Recommend

Derek was a joy to work with from start to finish. He was very communicative and reached out regularly throughout the planning process. He responded quickly to any questions we had and had plenty of vendor recommendations. He guided us through the process of cultivating a ceremony that perfectly reflected us as a couple.
    We cannot recommend having Derek officiate your wedding enough! He was beyond helpful before and on the wedding day, even going so far as to get us each a drink right after the ceremony! He made sure we were taken care of and worry free on our wedding day.
    We are so appreciative and grateful to have had Derek on our wedding day!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Kaitlyn and Nick, thank you so much for your kindness and caring throughout the process of co-creating your ceremony. It is always my pleasure to offer referrals of other vendors whether it be a photographer, a limo or shuttle, a florist or whatever your needs are, I am here to assist in any way I can. It was an honor to be part of your 'big day' and I look forward to hearing of the many great memories that you are starting to create for yourselves.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 10/02/2021

Excellent Officiant!

Derek was amazing! He put together a spectacular ceremony and even added some of our personal touches. He was super responsive and very understanding. Derek was super helpful and made our day special. I would highly recommend Derek to anyone and I even did, My maid of honor is getting married and May next year and is using him as well!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Jennifer and Nathan, first of all, what a spectacular wedding ceremony you had. The backdrop was truly phenomenal and I can't wait to see the photos of the gathering of you, your families and friends on this gorgeous golf course. Your ceremony perfectly mirrored the love that you have for each other and I know your happiness will last for many, many years of great experiences. Wishing you all the best that life has to offer.
    Shelby M. Married on 09/25/2021

Highly Recommend

At first, we were going to ask a family member to officiant our wedding to save some money, but then we realized that we needed someone who has done weddings before and has experience leading especially for the rehearsal and the day of. I contacted our venue to find out if they had any recommendations and Derek was one of the officiants they recommended. We are so glad we had Derek officiant our wedding. Unlike some of my other vendors, Derek was always so responsive which I loved! He also took time to get to know us personally and because of that, it felt like we had a family member officiant our wedding. When our rehearsal got rained out, he was able to meet us at our rehearsal dinner and practice in the small dinner hall we had reserved. I would recommend Derek as an officiant to anyone!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Nick and Shelby, wow - I felt as though you treated me as family. I am so glad to have met you and become friends on Facebook. Your rehearsal was a blast and even though we had to adjust to mother nature, it was perfect. Your wedding day turned out spectacular and I am so glad we were able to include your son, Bryson in the ceremony. It is also fun when children can participate. The vows that you personally wrote to each other were simply beautiful! I am looking forward to all the amazing experiences and adventures that will come your way. Many Blessings to you and family.
    Jordan Married on 09/17/2021

Easy to work with!

Derek was extremely professional and knowledgeable.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Marissa and Jordan, thank you for the opportunity to create such a short, sweet and intimate wedding ceremony for you. You chose such a beautiful garden venue - I'm sure the photos will be spectacular! Wishing you Joy, Happiness and a life filled with Wonderful Adventures.
  • Cassidy
    Cassidy D. Married on 08/28/2021

August Wedding

Derek was great! He is very knowledgeable and helped us craft the perfect wedding. He was a pleasure to work with.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hello Cassidy and Bryan, wow, what a beautiful ceremony that the three of us created together! It was so much fun working with you and getting to meet both of your families and friends. The time capsule ritual that you chose was just perfect for the two of you. Writing letters to each other to open at a future anniversary was a great idea that I believe you will truly enjoy. Many Blessings
  • Timothy
    Timothy S. Married on 08/21/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Really knows how to respond to the energy of a room

Really added to how special the day was for us. He was great and reading the room and keeping a good flow. Such a fantastic guy to have around we asked him to stick around for our taco dinner!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Tim and Katy, your wedding was so much fun, I can't remember that much laughter during a ceremony as what we experienced at yours. Thank you also for the taco invite, they are one of my favorites! I had so much fun meeting your families and friends. Wishing you many blessings throughout your life and lots of happy memories.
    Kathryn C. Married on 08/14/2021

Fantastic!

Derek is amazing! He helped create the perfect ceremony for us. He had a ton of variations and examples for the ceremony, letting us pick and pull from different ideas to create perfect moments, including examples of vows, unity ceremonies, blessings and so much more. Derek Dube is professional and passionate. We felt so loved by him and he helped to make the day so special. HIGHLY recommend.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Thank you so much for the loving review Katie and Arnoldo. Your day was very special because you are the best partners for each other and that showed in the touching personal vows that you shared with each other. From when we first met, I could tell how your personalities complimented each other. You are a dynamite couple and I wish you only the best on this new chapter in your lives. Thanks for being friends on Facebook - I can watch all the exciting experiences you will be sharing.
    Mariah A. Married on 08/07/2021

Great Officiant

Derek helped us put together the perfect ceremony and was very helpful in coordinating the rehearsal to make sure everything went smoothly on our wedding day.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Mariah and Clayton, thanks for the kind words. I enjoy the rehearsals almost as much as the actual wedding ceremony - which by the way was simply fantastic! You have such wonderful families and friends. I really enjoyed meeting many of them and hearing how perfect the two of you are together. Thanks for being friends on Facebook, this way I can keep up with all the great adventures that come your way. Happiness an Joy are my wishes for both of you.
  • Nathan
    Nathan I. Married on 07/10/2021

Small Wedding Master!

We had a wonderful wedding with Derek as our officiant in July of 2021. For reference it was a small backyard ceremony with about 15 guests besides the newlyweds. He prepared a great ceremony, gave us ample time for notes and flexibility, and even came up with a great tree planting ceremony. He is the best! Was very popular with the families at our small wedding and has a great speaking voice. Overall could not be happier with our choice of officiant. Thanks Derek!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Nathan and Sarah. It was so much fun working with you to create such a beautiful and intimate wedding ceremony. The back yard setting was spectacular! I can't wait to see the pictures. I enjoyed meeting your family and hearing so many great things about both of you. Much Happiness and Joy are sent your way as you write each new chapter of your lives together.
    Jordan S. Married on 06/26/2021

Wedding Officiant

Derek was an amazing officiant at my wedding! He was very personable, professional, and made everyone feel very prepared for the day. He was always available to answer questions and I loved that my husband and I got to add so much character to the ceremony.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Hi Jordan and Brody, it was so much fun working with both of you to create such an exquisite ceremony for your 'big day'. I simply loved the personal touches that you added and the two readings you chose were very appropriate (not to mention, two of my favorites). My wish for you is to enjoy a long life together filled with Joy, Peace and Love!
  • KIM
    Kim E. Married on 06/12/2021

Highly Recommend

Derek was so easy to work with and let us customize the ceremony to what we wanted. Professional, responsive, friendly - highly recommend!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Kim and Jon, what a beautiful, intimate and charming wedding you had at the Botanical Gardens. I really enjoyed meeting your family and closest friends. This wedding ceremony sent the two of you off on a fantastic journey that will culminate in much fun, happy memories and a lifetime of love. Congratulations!
    Heidi K. Married on 06/05/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Created the ceremony around our wishes

Derek Dube was an excellent officiant. He provided suggestions and ultimately went with exactly what my fiancé and I wanted. He shared with us the exact script he would read during the ceremony and he stayed in regular contact from the time we hired him. Five stars.

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Namaste Heidi and Yogi, creating a ceremony with you and combining your two different faiths was such a joy for me. The personal touches that you added were an intimate and perfect way to express your love for each other. I look forward to all the wonderful stories and adventures that the two of you will share throughout your lives.
    Paige C. Married on 05/22/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn’t Have Asked For Better!

I could explain in detail the headaches caused and hoops to go through that 2020 caused myself and my husband trying to get married…but at the end of the day and two weddings later (2020 and 2021): Derek was truly great to have as an officiant through both! He guided us through our vows and answered any questions we had. He was so flexible with what we did or didn’t want as part of our big day. Even the day of (2021), THIRTY MINUTES before the ceremony, he allowed me to change the location of the ceremony! (No questions asked, took charge of the group, and just rolled with it!) Having an officiant like Derek really took a weight off my shoulders as a bride on her big day. 100/10 would recommend!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

WOW! What a sensational ride it was - but truly a glorious and memorable one also. Having to reschedule your ceremony that many times due to the covid situation I'm sure was stressful for you, but in the end - it was just PERFECT - we did it together. I am grateful that I was able to be there for you through all of the changes and adjustments. Paige and Joe, you are a wonderful couple and are meant for each other. I want to send you my best, my support and all the blessings you deserve.
    Elizabeth S. Married on 05/08/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent ceremony, could not have done it without Rev. Dube!

Thank you so much Rev. Dube!! We could not have had such a beautiful ceremony without you.
    We highly recommend having Rev. Dube as your officiant. He provided us with all of the essential information and more, answered all of our questions, provided feedback and suggestions, went out of his way to meet in person with us, and walked us through each and every part of the ceremony. Although we hadn't known each other for long, he truly made us feel like family. Thank you!!!

World of Wisdom Ministry's reply:

Greetings Lisa and Max, thanks for the kind words and your input into the type of ceremony you dreamed of. You were both a lot of fun to work with and I enjoyed meeting your families and friends at your intimate, awesome reception. The food, the atmosphere, the dancing, your guests and of course both of you all made for a magical day and a memorable celebration. Congratulations on this new chapter in your lives!
illustration stars