WoodStem Floral & Decor Reviews

46 Reviews for WoodStem Floral & Decor

• Ryan

Ryan S. · Getting married on 02/06/2023

So Helpful during Uncertain Times

My fiancé and I have been working with Melanie for a couple months in preparation for our wedding next summer. Unfortunately, due to the on-going public health crisis, we have to do some rescheduling for our wedding. Melanie has been so great to work with during these uncertain times and has been able to take work off of our plates with so many moving pieces to planning our wedding. We can't wait to work with her again and will certainly be recommending her to our friends in Colorado.

Sent on 01/11/2021

Kahla P. · Married on 09/10/2020

Melanie was amazing!

I hired Woodstem to do the flowers for my wedding, only about a month before the actual wedding date. She was extremely responsive and took my vision and made it come to life! Everything was beautiful and so perfect! I HIGHLY recommend her.

Sent on 10/11/2020

Kahla,

Thank you for the kind words. It makes my heart happy to read that I was able to bring your vision to life and help make your wedding day perfect.

Morgan K. · Married on 06/26/2020

Absolutely Recommend

Woodstem truly tries to work with you. Melanie traveled down to Denver to meet with us and truly cared about learning about us as a couple and our vision for our big day. She was very easy to work with and unfortunately our wedding was cancelled due to COVID, but Melanie was very responsive and helpful. I definitely recommend this company and plan to utilize them any chance I get.

Sent on 01/12/2021

Casey R. · Married on 06/20/2020

Wonderful!

Melanie is an absolute delight to work with! She is both a florist and wedding planner, and was truly integral to making our wedding day perfect! Things changed quickly given the pandemic but she took everything with stride and reassured us along the way!!

Sent on 12/15/2020

Briana S. · Married on 02/29/2020

Perfect and stunning!

We loved the flowers Melanie put together for our wedding! I was so impressed seeing them in person. We had some specific requests and she ran with the rest, doing an amazing job bringing everything together. I wouldn’t hesitate to use her again or recommend her to friends. You won’t be disappointed trusting WoodStem.

Sent on 12/16/2020
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful flowers and decor. Helpful planning.

I hired Melanie with WoodStem Floral as my florist and wedding planner. She was extremely helpful since I was planning everything from a distance sight unseen. She was always quick to respond to my emails and questions. She provided options for other vendors and some planning documents. Our flowers and decorations were absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted. She also has a large rental inventory for other decor - which was an incredible resource for our destination wedding. It was awesome to have her help during the planning process and to decorate/clean-up on the big day so my family/friends/self didn't have to worry about any of that!

Sent on 06/07/2020

Monica,
    Thank you so much for the very kind review. I am so glad that I could be that resource for you and help you plan your wedding from another state. You and Zach where a pleasure to work with and I am grateful for the opportunity to work with you and be part of your wedding.

Hailley G. · Married on 09/21/2019

The most beautiful bouquets and flowers!

Melanie from WoodStem Floral & Décor was absolutely amazing! We had a quick phone call where I did my best to communicate my vision and Melanie got it immediately. Any changes that I had we did over email very quickly. She was very responsive and helpful at making additions and changes. The bouquets all turned out absolutely gorgeous as did the wedding arbor. I would hire Melanie again in an instant and will absolutely recommend her to anyone in the area.

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Devon

Devon K. · Married on 07/14/2019

10/10 would recommend

I cannot speak highly enough about Melanie. From the moment I had my consultation with her, I knew we would not only be friends but she would get my vision perfectly and SHE DID NOT DISAPPOINT! She was more than accommodating and did so much to help. I love her and her work. SHE IS A MUST for your mountain wedding!

Sent on 08/28/2019

WoodStem Floral & Decor's reply:

Thank you Devon for such a great experience. You were so fun to work with and your mom and aunt were such a guiding light in your overall vision. Thank you for sharing your pictures you looked stunning. Best wishes for an amazing journey ahead as husband and wife.
  • Becky

Becky C. · Married on 03/29/2019

Birthday flowers

Melanie is wonderful! I called her from Memphis, Tennessee to order flowers for my daughter's Birthday! My daughter was visiting Winterpark Resort. Melanie took care of it and the flowers were gorgeous!! She is 5 stars!

Sent on 03/29/2019

Lora C. · Married on 12/03/2018

Life Saver

My son & future daughter in law decided they wanted a wedding in Colorado. I’ve never been there & would have been lost if not for the excellent guidance of Melanie. She directed us to the perfect venue, coordinated all our vendors and created all the floral as well as coordinated and directed the entire wedding day. To say her service was invaluable would be an understatement. If you are looking for a top notch planner and/or florist I could not recommend her any more. Our special day was as close to perfect as you can get thanks to Melanie.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Jenn · Married on 07/20/2018

Melanie and her team were amazing! Our flowers were beyond our expectations...they were stunning and really helped make our day complete ;)

Sent on 07/26/2018

Anne M. · Married on 06/22/2018

Melanie handled all of the floral arrangements for our two-night wedding celebration at Devil's Thumb Ranch and we couldn't have been happier with everything! I was planning everything from across the country and Melanie was incredibly easy to work with over email. She helped me to focus in on the look I was going for, and was patient through all of the permutations of my thought process. She was very mindful of budget and made numerous suggestions as to how to keep the cost down (e.g. repurposing some flowers from Friday night for use on Saturday), and which flowers would hold up best in the summer heat. And she went above and beyond to come back to the venue after the party ended to clear everything away. She has a fantastic personality and is really fun to work with. You can't go wrong with Melanie!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Anne Marie,
    It was so great to work with you and be a part of your weekend long celebration. Thank you for entrusting me with your wedding celebration florals and décor.

Annamelly · Married on 03/14/2018

As any bride would know, flowers play a key role in the overall wedding theme. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I provided Melanie with an array of ideas of what I was looking for and she came through. My bouquet as well as the boutonnieres perfectly matched my theme ever so beautifully.

Sent on 03/24/2018

Holly · Married on 03/03/2018

Melanie created the perfect floral arrangements for my winter wedding in Winter Park, Colorado. She was able to incorporate our colors into the bouquets and boutonnieres which turned out gorgeous. We also had greenery and centerpieces from Woodstem that tied everything together. Highly recommend Woodstem Floral if you have an event coming up in the Winter Park area.

Sent on 03/25/2018

Brittany · Married on 09/29/2017

Melanie is someone who takes a great deal of pride in her work - she is extremely creative and her floral arrangements were even better than expected - she knows the venue inside out where my daughter's wedding was and made several suggestions to ensure things even went more smootly. While she runs a solo shop - it's like you are getting an entire team because she handles all aspects with care and attention to detail - and her prices are terrific - she is honest and upfront as her goal is to provide quality service and let me say she did that and more - I worked with her from start to finish and have no hesitation in recommending her for your special event - I am not one to write reviews as I expect to receive top notch service and quality products/work as I am paying for same - but Melanie deserves to be recognized for doing a tremendous job - and not just doing the minimum - frankly I think she should raise her rates - the flowers were amazing - she also provided Day of Coordination Services on top of that and her extra special touches just made the whole event -

Sent on 10/31/2017

Leah · Married on 08/19/2017

Melanie did an AMAZING job on our flowers for our wedding. We had so many compliments from our guests stating that these were the prettiest flowers they have ever seen. We chose to have eucalyptus garlands on the tables, which was a huge hit. The bouquets and the tall centerpieces were gorgeous! Melanie was very organized, took our budget in consideration, and was super easy to work with!

Sent on 09/13/2017

WoodStem Floral & Decor's reply:

Thank you Leah for the feedback. It makes my heart happy to hear it was such a perfect day for you. It was a pleasure to work with you and Akeem and bring your wedding floral and decor vision to life.

Anna · Married on 08/13/2017

Melanie was so so great and lovely to work with! I had contacted her very last minute to create an arrangement to be delivered to my parents for their 40th anniversary and she went above and beyond to help. Her communication was excellent, she was extremely laid back and flexible, and her floral arrangement was so gorgeous! Thanks again Melanie! Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Amy · Married on 08/12/2017

Melanie was a pleasure to work with - responsive, flexible, and creative. My flowers were GORGEOUS and the greenery she recommended for the tables looked beautiful!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Maggie · Married on 08/12/2017

If you are looking for beautiful flowers while working with a creative and easy florist - Melanie is definitely your girl! We got married near Winter Park, Colorado and Melanie did our bridal bouquets, boutonnieres, ceremony flowers and decorations. I sent her a few inspiration pictures and she ran with them - I am not someone who knows flowers well and didn't need to with Melanie. I compared her prices with a few shops in the mountains and in Denver and she was very reasonable compared to others plus no minimum dollar amount. I also forgot several boutonnieres last minute (oops) and she was extremely accommodating!

Sent on 08/22/2017

D. · Married on 07/29/2017

I cannot say enough about how fabulous our experience with Melanie was! Her creative genius overflowed in the bride’s bouquet, bridesmaid’s bouquets, boutonniere’s, arbor drapery, aisle flowers and table centerpieces. With just a general idea of color and style she took the ball and ran with it…and the results were gorgeous. Wow!!! She was a joy to work with from beginning to end and I truly hope that our paths cross again somewhere down the road.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Natalie · Married on 06/15/2017

Woodstem did the flowers for my June wedding and I couldn't have been happier! The bouquets blew away my expectations and woodstem was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Hillary · Married on 06/03/2017

WoodStem worked with me through budget abilities, different designs, and came through with a gorgeous bouquet. It was absolutely perfect based just on pictures and descriptions. All the boutonnieres and corsages were spot on. Highly recommend for reliability and creativity and flexibility.

Sent on 06/09/2017

S · Married on 05/25/2017

Trust Melanie to advise you and design your wedding or event florals. She listens to your thoughts and plans and will try to match photos as best as possible, while being up front about the cost. The final arrangements, with Melanie's design skills, will be even better than your photos! Our wedding flowers and Bride's bouquet were lovely beyond expectations!!!
    Melanie wil talk to you about your budget and consider it carefully. She will suggest ways to save money and how to maximize the floral impact (put your money where you get the most value and "pop"). Her experience shines through in the final product, so be open to her ideas and suggestions. She helped us select every type of stem that went into our arrangements. I almost cried when taking apart the flower boxes after the wedding, the flowers were so beautiful. Melanie suggested to bring Mason Jars and fill them with the flowers. I was able to make several small take home bouquets for the female guests. I am typing this two weeks after the wedding and I still have a jar of a few blooms that are holding up.
    Melanie was easy to communicate with, friendly, yet very professional. I like that WoodStem is located in Winter Park, near our wedding venue, Devils Thumb Ranch.
    This Mother of the Bride is VERY glad that she came across WoodStem online, and had a free consultation with Melanie!

Sent on 06/07/2017

In addition to uniquely arranged flowers, woodstem has beautiful jewelry and decorations. Prices are reasonable. The owner is passionate and very helpful. It was fun attending the opening of woodstem and meeting the staff!

Sent on 04/12/2016
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 09/10/2016

Melanie did a beautiful job with the flowers for our outdoor mountain wedding! As someone who didn’t even know/care what “colors” meant for a wedding, I was so impressed with how Melanie was able to coax what I really wanted out of me. She took the time to ask and show me a variety of flowers, until we narrowed down the winners. It turned out that I was pickier than I thought, but she was so patient with me, and never pushy. The final arrangements for our tables were truly perfect; we intentionally had a variety of centerpieces, and she put together different flower arrangements to fit each one. My bouquet was GORGEOUS. Melanie was also helpful in suggesting ideas for what décor to use for the ‘altar.’ We’re not religious and didn’t want a cross or arch, and she recommended these wooden stumps with flower arrangements on top – honestly the perfect touch to our beautiful mountain venue. From beginning to end Melanie was very responsive, always polite, and it was clear she valued highly my happiness as well as my husband’s and my mom’s! We hired Melanie for the day-of as well, and she was great in keeping things running and setting up my other decorations. I am so pleased to have found such a great florist in the Winter Park area, as I was committed to staying local with vendors.

Sent on 11/04/2016