21 Reviews for Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa

Signature Drink (1)
Valet (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
21 Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa Reviews

The Woodmark was our perfect venue. We knew we wanted to have our wedding at a hotel but we had a wide variety of options including downtown and out near the mountains. The moment we walked through the front door of the Woodmark we were amazed at how beautiful and peaceful it was. Meg is an all-star and went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy. We started our planning process very early but she was with us every step of the way, checking in every few months and asking if we had any questions. Our ceremony and reception were held in the Marina Room and the banquet staff were fantastic (prompt in clearing away plates and making sure everyone had what they needed). We (along with some friends and family) stayed in the hotel and the rooms are wonderful. The place has a very relaxing vibe which is exactly what I needed. Meg was great in coordinating with all of our vendors and accommodating our special requests. The food (appetizers and mains) were delicious and the spa is also top notch (I had a massage the night before our wedding). My husband and I have agreed that whenever we want to have a date night/staycation we are going back to the Woodmark!

Profile Picture Sarah, 1/7/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Aisle Runners, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Valet, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Event Planning, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, Open Bar, Signature Drink

My husband & I stayed here after our wedding and we cannot say enough great things about our experience there. We had reserved two nights there and when my husband had went to check in, they informed him that they made a mistake and overbooked the hotel and our room was one which was overbooked. Well we we're of course disappointed, but they had put us up at the Bellevue Club for the night of our wedding at no cost, and they also upgraded us to the one of the nicest suites in the hotel for our night there. My husband had also made reservations for us to go to dinner at the restaurant there, and during our dinner they had upgraded our wine at no cost, plus gave us two free desserts on the house. They really treated us so well and we we're more than pleased with our stay there. Plus, the hotel is absolutely gorgeous and has so much to offer. Definitely worth a stay there!

Profile Picture User5287779, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot imagine a more fantastic location to celebrate one of the most important days of your life. It is a spectacular location right on the water with a marina adjacent to it and view of the Olympics. The outdoor tent was a comfort to have with our unpredictable PNW summers. The dance floor was perfect with a DJ. We loved the convenience of onsite hotel rooms for our family and out of town guests to stay. The food at the reception was excellent - our guests raved about the coconut prawns. The Woodmark was very easy to work with and even let us create a fun signature cocktail. Other than our wedding cake from their preferred cake vendor (which was beyond disappointing) everything else about the Woodmark was simply outstanding.

Profile Picture User7092640, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I got married @ The Woodmark last weekend and if I could do it a billion times over again, I'd choose The Woodmark Hotel as my venue EVERY time. We chose The Woodmark for many reasons. A few being, it is nautical, but not CHEESY or THEME feeling. My husband and I were both collegiate rowers, so we felt like a somewhat nautical venue was fitting. The Woodmark is also extremely elegant and romantic, something I was really looking for too. It is also a HOTEL so our guests could just walk right up to their rooms after the reception. Can't get easier than that! And most important, Mallory was amazing to work with. She always responded to my e-mails within the same day or next day, made time to meet with my mom & I, picked up the phone, and treated my mom & I with true respect and a caring attitude. Even though she had many clients over the 14 months we worked with her, she treated us like her only one the entire time with how attentive she was. The bar and food situation went off without a hitch. ALL my guests told me the food tasted amazing, and I was so pleased the staff got them out to our 140 guests in a timely manner. The layout of getting married at the Woodmark made me feel extra special. Being right on the lake made for some amazing photos, and having our sparkler send off up the huge stairs outside by the lobby was spectacular. The canopy was the perfect ceremony/dinner location rain or shine (which it is important to have a plan for rain, being in Seattle!) and the library is my favorite room in the whole hotel, so having cocktail hour in there (because of the recent rain) was beautiful! Mallory and her assistant even put ribbons on 140 chocolate boxes for us, something I did not expect her to do! She truly does care about each and every one of her clients, and I would without a doubt, recommend Mallory and The Woodmark as a wedding venue to everyone.

Profile Picture User5305439, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Woodmark was a dream come true!
The waterfront tent wedding space is tremendously romantic.
The food is absolutely unbelievable. The salmon and steak melt in your mouth.
The staff is fantastic. They are a well-organized team. Everyone is supportive, professional, and friendly.
The views are unbelievable. There are so many great locations for photography.
The honeymoon suite was so luxurious.
Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. The Woodmark is a beautiful place for an unforgettable wedding!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/23/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Accommodations, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Aisle Runners, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables, Tents, Covered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine

My groom and I had to push up our wedding date up and decided make it a SUPRISE wedding as well. Our wedding coordinator and staff at the Woodmark not only made us feel heard and supported , they are the reason our wedding was such a beautiful success! The foods venue and services are all high quality and worth the money! We have nothing short of " best wedding ever!" And " I had an amazing time" compliments from our guests. The venders we used , reccomonded by the Woodmark , were also just as amazing ! THANK YOU WOODMARK HOTEL for not only making our special ( and sometime stressful )day an inspiring experience for us and our family and friends. Brides to be , if you can have a wedding at the Woodmark ...DO IT!

Profile Picture Barbara, 1/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Woodmark provides OUTSTANDING service, food and a gorgeous venue! A wonderful place for an event to remember. All of our guests were impressed with the venue, the food, and the responsiveness of the staff - professional all the way, but fun too!

Profile Picture Cubby, 9/15/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

The Woodmark hotel is AMAZING. We have gone to this hotel for years and upon planing our wedding, we knew that this would be our venue. The hotel itself is stunning as it is set on the lake and is so peaceful and relaxing upon arrival. The staff are so friendly and helpful, and went beyond our expectations, welcoming a large group from out of town who stayed at the hotel over the weekend. The wedding co-ordinator Elisa was so fabulous and very well organized, making the lead up to the wedding, easy and stress free. She was very sweet and was wonderful during planning stages and on the day itself, making sure that everything ran smoothly and without issue. We could not be happier with our venue selection and will continue to go to this hotel for years!

Profile Picture Misty, 3/3/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Fabulous venue! Loved the food and the customer service was great while planning. On the day they really came through and everything was perfect.

Profile Picture Carla, 10/30/10, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Faith Johnston was absolutely wonderful!! Very professional and curteous, while answering all questions promptly and providing suggestions as needed. She anticipated our needs and provided options to create a very memorable wedding.

Profile Picture Elly, 8/7/10, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We had our ceremony, reception & catering provided by the Woodmark as well as our first married night together here. The staff is amazing (I recommend working with Sharon!) and they make you feel like royalty the entire time you're with them. The food is to die for and they're very flexible on the menu they provide you. They allowed us to have holiday wreaths hung up and worked with us on booking rooms for guests as well as managing the parking lot. This is the most gorgeous hotel in the North West my husband and I plan to celebrate each anniversary here until they boot us!

Profile Picture Stephenie , 11/22/08, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at the Woodmark and loved every minute of it. Meg, the coordinator, was super responsive, flexible and friendly and helped us through the planning process. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous; the view of the water, the ceremony and reception tent, the cocktail hour space and the ballroom were all so beautiful and our guests were wowed. There can't be a better venue for a beautiful sunset! The food and service was great as well, and we couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding.

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/27/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Scenic Views, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Aisle Runners, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables, Tents, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

My Husband and I got married at the Woodmark on August 14th and our night was absolutely perfect and unforgettable.
Staff: From day one, the staff was friendly and professional. From the housekeeping staff to the catering staff, all the way to the end of the night folks who helped us clean up, we felt so supported and respected.
The Venue: One thing to note is that the venue is gorgeous without any décor at all, so if you are looking for an effortlessly classy experience with minimal décor needs, this is the place for you. The view, and gorgeous silk tent speak for themselves so I didn't feel pressured to have tons of flowers or crazy décor.
Food: People LOVED the food many said it was the best wedding food they'd ever had - even my picky eater friends & family enjoyed it.
One awesome thing about the Woodmark is that their "tasting" is different than other venues. Unlike other venues, we weren't made to narrow down the food we wanted to try. Instead, we got to pick from a series of dates where the catering staff would make the entire catering menu (salads, mains, sides, bread, cake, even alcohol!). When our tasting date came, we got to attend an all-inclusive tasting where we got to try everything on their menu in order to make an informed decision on what we would like to serve our guests.
Sendoff: After the "I Do"s , the venue provides a boat cruise as a sendoff. The boat cruise was incredible and the driver was very chivalrous and nice. We took a 30 minute troll around the lake where we had a few moments alone to soak in the occasion. As if that isn't romantic enough, it made for AMAZING photos.
Our coordinator: I cannot say enough about Meg. From day one, all the way through the event, Meg was positive, confident and professional. She constantly reassured us that were in good hands, and was a great communicator. She responded to calls and emails in a timely manner and even took time to have a finalization meeting with me before our wedding.

Profile Picture Maggie, 8/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough good things about the Woodmark or Mallory Knapp. We just had our wedding there July 18, 2015. Here are the highlights: 1) WOODMARK STAFF/MALLORY KNAPP: Mallory is professional, accommodating, and has probably the best communication skills I have encountered while planning our wedding. And more than anything, she is dependable and trustworthy, which was very important to us. I was very involved in the wedding planning process and particular about details-and Mallory was receptive to my requests and made sure every detail was exactly how I wanted it. Not just Mallory though-every member of the Woodmark staff we worked with went above and beyond to ensure our event was perfect; 2) FOOD-We served salmon and filet of beef-our guests raved about the food, especially the beef. Honestly it was the best steak I ever had-cooked to perfection which is impressive for 170 guests. Appetizers were fabulous too. 3) DRINKS-Mallory and catering staff worked with us to create custom signature cocktails that fit our budget. And they let us serve a keg of Manny's, our favorite beer; 4) LOCATION-can't be beat. No words necessary-see it yourself; 5) HOTEL-Having a hotel at your venue is invaluable in terms of convenience-both for your wedding party and your guests. We reserved discounted rooms for our guests in a block reservation, which I highly recommend. 6) VALUE-the Woodmark is pricey but you get what you pay for. You will not get this view, service, food and drink quality, and overall lakeside vibe for less anywhere. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose the Woodmark again in a heartbeat and recommend this venue to all brides-to-be!

Profile Picture User5204836, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Mallory was amazing! She would answer any question we had no matter how large or small and really made sure all of the details were reviewed and discussed so that her catering staff would be prepared. Speaking of, the catering staff and the hotel staff was incredible. Many guests told us how friendly and helpful the staff was which was incredibly important to us as we had many out of town guests. Would absolutely recommend the Woodmark for a wedding ceremony and reception. Try to work with Mallory because she goes above and beyond and is the best!

Profile Picture Jordan, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful and elegant place for our wedding reception.

Profile Picture MiYoung, 6/5/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Woodmark provided an absolutely incredible backdrop for our wedding. It was picture-perfect, and a month later, we are still hearing from friends and family about how well the day went. The food was also incredible, albeit a little expensive, and Mallory was terrific to work with. Whenever we had a question in the months leading up tot he wedding--and we had many, as you likely will--she was quick to respond with information or suggestions. All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better wedding day.

Profile Picture User5280649, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful place to get married! The food was fantastic, and service was great. The only complaint I had was that I would make a request and would not hear back from the catering manager until I emailed a second time and asked if she received my first email. Even then the response was a short one word answer which I felt since I was paying so much for the venue, was unprofessional. But the Woodmark is a wedding machine, they definitely know what they are doing and everything went off without a hitch! They force you to hire a professional day-of coordinator, which at first I didn't like, but in hint sight, I'm so glad I did. She was worth the extra money we paid to have her!

Profile Picture Pamela, 9/5/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Woodmark is not an inexpensive option, but they definitely deliver. The food was delicious and cooked perfectly for each guest (100 in total). They were generally responsive, and didnt try to take advantage of any "loop holes" in their contract. At the end of our event, we even got back more than $1000 in over estimated alcohol costs... something they could have very easily "forgotten" to give back.

Overall, our wedding couldnt have gone any better. Between the Woodmark, Fena Flowers, and our day-of-coordinator, everything came together beautifully.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 4/18/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Upon first meeting with our coordinator, we felt that overt the top niceness, and "we will do anything for you" attitude was completely genuine but boy was I wrong. Woodmark Hotel made my wedding planning experience extremely difficult. I'm not going talk about every issue but over and over again, their lack of service not only made me cry but it also gave me a great deal of anxiety . In the planning process we had so many problems in communication with our catering coordinator. It would take days (5-9) sometimes even longer before we heard back on questions brought to the table, and even when we finally got a response most of the time it was a rude 2-3 word response. Because of their continued lack of responsiveness, lack of professionalism, and very evident lack of caring, I feel a great disregard towards the catering manager and the Woodmark Hotel in general. My husband and I devastated by the amount of money we have spent throughout the process. All for the emotional pain and stress takes a toll not only you but also your family. No bride deserves that.

Profile Picture User3962744, 2+ years ago, 1 Review