The Legacy Club at Woodcrest Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Sydney
    Sydney T. Married on 10/22/2022

Great Wedding Venue!

We were so happy with this venue for our wedding. Emily ended up being our day of coordinator and she was fantastic to work with. Tori helped us leading up to our big day and she was also incredible! Grace helped us with our rehearsal and she was helpful and patient with our big group. All of these people helped make our day even more spectacular. We loved the Legacy Club and everything they provided for our wedding. Highly recommend for your wedding!

Hi Sydney,
    Thank you very much for your glowing review! It was a pleasure to be a part of your big day. Everything, from your dress to your decor, was stunning.
    We hope to you see around soon!
    The Legacy Club Team
  • doukakis3
    Andrea D. Married on 06/25/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful, Excellent planning, Yummy food!

Emily, Grace, Tori, and the whole team at Woodcrest put on a beautiful wedding for me! We got rave reviews from everyone on the food, the building/grounds/views are beautiful (esp. the fall leaves!), and the bridal suite is to die for. Everyone was friendly, attentive, professional, and accommodating. I knew if I needed anything on the day of that I could ask anyone from the staff and they'd be there for me. Couldn't thank them enough!

Hi Andera,
    Thank you so much for those kind words! It was an honor to be able to share in your special day.
    Please enjoy your happily ever after!
    The Legacy Club Team
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Shannon
    Shannon Married on 06/05/2021

Above and beyond!

We loved Woodcrest! It was the first venue we toured the week we got engaged and we loved it from the start. They were so flexible when we had to postpone our June 2020 date, which we were so grateful for. We first worked with Nikki who has since left, and starting working with Grace about a month before our wedding who was awesome! We loved how we could get ready in the bridal suite, have the ceremony, reception, after-party, and take photos all at one place. The grounds are gorgeous and it was fun riding around in a golf cart to take pics! Our guests had an amazing time, and raved about the food and martini bar. The team at Woodcrest helped make our day stress free and truly wanted to make sure we were happy. The package included so much, from welcome drinks and a ton of cocktail hour food, to an ice sculpture and late-night snacks, and we felt like we got such a great value. We can’t recommend them enough!

The Legacy Club at Woodcrest's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy your wedding was everything you hoped for and more! Congratulations again!
    Pamela Z. Married on 08/02/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A Truly Magical Experience!

We cannot say enough wonderful things about WCC! My husband and I had an amazing wedding experience from start to finish. After being extremely disappointed that our destination wedding to Mexico was cancelled, we thought for sure nothing would live up to our expectations. We couldn't have been more wrong! After searching for open venues, we came across WCC and contacted a woman named Lauren. She was professional, polite, friendly, and so helpful! She quickly set up a date for us to look at the venue and we immediately fell in love! We only had one date that would could get married with family traveling from out of town and Lauren worked everything out for us. We also worked with another woman named Nikki who was kind, hospitable, and very accommodating. They both worked their schedules around my schedule and created an unforgettable day for my husband and I and our guests! Everyone raved about the beautiful scenery and venue. I still have people telling my how gorgeous our ceremony was a week later! Our pictures came out beautifully and at the end of the night, both my husband and I said what a magical day we had and it couldn't have been more perfect. We owe it all to George, Lauren, & Nikki for being so flexible and helping us bring our wedding day visions to life. If you are looking for stress free, effortless planning with individuals who will be all for you than look no further!

The Legacy Club at Woodcrest's reply:

Gorgeous photos! Thank you so much, Pamela, for your review! We are thrilled you had the wedding of your dreams. We look forward to seeing you back at WCC again soon!
    Christine R. Married on 07/18/2020

Beautiful bridal shower

The team at Woodcrest was amazing to work with. We had to reschedule the date three days before the event and they were very accommodating and flexible. They offered me several options and it turned out to be a beautiful affair.

The Legacy Club at Woodcrest's reply:

Thank you, Christine! We are thrilled your event was able to happen and turn out to be all you hoped for!
    Nick S. Married on 07/02/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Can’t recommend Woodcrest and the staff enough !

My wife and I could’nt have asked for a better arrangement working with Lauren , George and the rest of the staff .
    They were first class , open minded and accommodating , flexible and thoughtful into making everything perfect on our wedding day .

The Legacy Club at Woodcrest's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! You were a pleasure to work with. We look forward to seeing you at the Club again soon!
    Michael Married on 08/10/2019

#Woodcrestnailedit

If you are looking at venues to host your wedding reception look no further than the Woodcrest Country Club. They simply put know how to do weddings! Every aspect of the event was elegant and comfortable. I had high expectations and can be a tough customer, but they more than lived up to their reputation. Do yourself a favor and make sure they are on your short list before you make any final decision. You will not be disappointed! Thank you to everyone at Woodcrest for delivering a Wedding Day to remember! Your the best!!

The Legacy Club at Woodcrest's reply:

Thank you, Michael! We appreciate your kind words. We hope to see you at the club again soon! Congratulations again!
    Jennifer D. Married on 07/13/2019

Most amazing venue!

We have had three amazing experiences at Woodcrest. First, we were thrown a bridal shower and had a brunch there. Everyone raved about the food and the service. We also hosted our rehearsal dinner at Woodcrest and everything was perfect. The most amazing experience was our wedding day! We worked with Nikki, Lauren, and George and they helped plan the most perfect wedding day we could have imagined. Everything went so smoothly and we had no issues through the whole day. I felt so comfortable with the staff and they gave great recommendations throughout the entire process. I could not have imagined a better day! I would recommend them for any event you are planning!

The Legacy Club at Woodcrest's reply:

Thank you, Jennifer! You were such a pleasure to work with. We hope to see you again soon! Congratulations again!
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 06/21/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Book this place now. Truly a hidden gem. Never have I had guests come up to me during the wedding to compliment the venue

Exceptional. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to hold an event that will “wow” their guests.

Hands down, the absolute BEST venue I have ever been to. The food was PHENOMENAL, the service was absolutely tremendous and the wedding planners were so helpful and accommodating. I have never attended a wedding where the guests commented on how wonderful and thoughtful the staff was.

My wedding planner Lauren was so easy to work with and made sure everything ran smooth the day of and the weeks leading up to the wedding. She went above and beyond in every aspect.

It has been weeks since the wedding and I still hear compliments regarding the food. My family feels that our expectations were met and even surpassed.

I am looking forward to returning to Woodcrest as a guest so I can relive the experience!

The Legacy Club at Woodcrest's reply:

Kate, thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy you and your guests enjoyed every aspect of your wedding day! Congratulations again!
  • Melody
    Melody Married on 10/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The very best day of our lives

Woodcrest Country Club was the very first venue we toured, and from our first encounter with George, we knew Woodcrest was it. George was very accommodating with our budget, making our dream wedding possible. In addition, he was hands-on in the planning process – from accompanying our tasting, giving recommendations on venders, and keeping in contact throughout the months. George has been in in this business for some time, and his professionalism showed us that we were in the best hands. George, the biggest Thank You for so much; from our first visit at Bar 1929 before we booked to the last handshake when picking up our décor, you were an absolute pleasure to work with.

Nicole Howell, there is not a better coordinator out there. Her professionalism, organization and kindness made our planning process a breeze. She brought our vision to life, giving the Flynn Ballroom a romantic, organic, simplistic feel which was what we were going for. Her responses was always immediate, questions were always answered, timelines were planned perfectly. Nicole, for wiping away tears, for holding my gown, laughing with us, supporting our vision, and just being there on our wedding day, we couldn’t have asked for a better human being to help us plan our special day.

To the entire staff at Woodcrest – our guests are still talking about our food! From cocktail hour, to dinner/dessert selections, to everyone’s favorite Martini Bar, weeks have gone by and we’re still hearing how ‘out of this world’ their experience was. Your staff was beyond professional, incredibly accommodating and provided our guests the best service. There are not enough words to express how truly perfect our wedding day was. I would spend every penny to relive the day. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for EVERYTHING; your beautiful, renovated space/grounds, Bar 1929, to your Chef, staff, wedding team (George, Nicole and Nikki); you made our dreams come true.

The most important aspect of our wedding day was to have everyone we love in one room. The BEST decision we made was having everyone in yours.

The Legacy Club at Woodcrest's reply:

Melody - Thank you SO much for all of your kind words! We are so incredible happy that your wedding was everything you dreamed of and more! You and Anthony were a pleasure to work with and we wish you a lifetime of happiness! We hope to see you back here at Bar 1929 this Spring!
    Joanna Married on 08/25/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Awesome and great team! We had rehearsal, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception with them. We are so proud of having WCC as our wedding venue! The wedding was a success.
    My fiancé and I knew WCC would be our wedding venue at the very first moment when we drove into the course from the gate! The grass and tall trees will embrace you from the entrance to the building. That feels wonderful! Our wedding was in late August, and we found WCC team in early May, which didn’t gave us much time to prepare for the big day. However, the amazing sales team George, Lauren, Nicole and Nikki assisted us with the preparation from head to toes and our wedding turned out to be perfect! Especially on the wedding day and the day before that for the rehearsal. Everything went smooth with the help of Nicole.she coordinated everything so well! Everything was under her and her assistant Gab’s control. The price of the packages is so so worth it given the food they offer! After we decided our package, we had a food tasting. Delicious!! Some of our guests are still talking and thinking about the food after a week. :) sufficient, fresh, well-presented and served! Thanks to Sue, Glenn and the team. We talked to the Lauren about our number of guests, menu design and floor plan etc. She helped us figure out a lot of puzzles whenever we felt lost. We really enjoyed working with them to celebrate our day! We couldn’t make it a big success without their help! Thank you everyone!
    Jen Married on 07/20/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I had my wedding at Woodcrest Country Club in July, and it was the perfect day due to the wonderful staff who works there! Throughout the planning process, our coordinator, Lauren, was prompt with answering emails, patient and responsive to any questions I had, and an extreme pleasure to work with. George was very helpful when deciding on food options as well as very accommodating for our group's various allergies and food preferences. On our wedding day, Sue was attentive and assisted us during every step of the reception. Every staff member that I encountered there from the first visit, the food tasting, to the big day were friendly and as helpful as could be.

The Fountain Ballroom was the perfect space for our wedding due to its contemporary feel and wall of windows overlooking the golf course. The grounds at Woodcrest are breathtaking and make for a perfect backdrop for photos. Additonally, the bridal suite was an ideal place for the bridesmaids and I to get ready. There is plenty of space for everyone along with a salon style room that the hair stylist and makeup artists raved about!

With all of that, the food was also incredible! People are still telling me, weeks later, how much they enjoyed the cocktail hour as well as the reception dinner food and that they want to go back for future events. I cannot recommend Woodcrest enough and I am so grateful for Lauren, George, Sue, and all of the staff that we worked with for making it the perfect day!

The Legacy Club at Woodcrest's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jen! We are so glad you had a fabulous wedding here at Woodcrest. We look forward to see you around the club again soon!
    Samdy Married on 07/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    From our first contact with Woodcrest they were amazing. Woodcrest is beautiful both inside and out and the staff was receptive and accommodating with whatever we asked of them. Food was delicious and abundant. We received so many compliments on the wedding. Look no further then Woodcrest Country Club for any event you are planning.

The Legacy Club at Woodcrest's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sandy! The wedding was beautiful, and we are glad you were pleased. We wish you all the best!
  • joanna
    Joanna Married on 05/12/2018

Amazing!

Our daughter and our son in law were married at the WCC on October 18,2019, Everything was absolutely amazing! People cannot stop talking about the food, I have never been to a wedding were the food was this delicious and the presentation exceptional, The whole experience was great. It was perfect in every way, we have not one bad thing to say or would not change anything the day was AMAZING! George, Nikki and Lauren were great to work with and always available to answer our questions and made the planning so easy. Nikki made sure our daughters vision was exactly how she wanted it!! We highly recommend The Woodcrest Country Club, you will not be disappointed.

The Legacy Club at Woodcrest's reply:

Thank you, Joanna! We are so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations! We hope to see you back here at Woodcrest again soon!
  • MrsHToBe
    Jana Married on 04/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Perfectly amazing from start to finish! We booked our wedding 2 years out and they were extremely responsive to all of my emails, throughout that whole time, as if it was just around the corner! As the actual day approached they were so thorough, reliable, and personable as they reached out to us to set up all the little details. They double, maybe even triple checked our details were in order and even gave great advice when we weren't certain how things would look or work out. They worked with our budget and they always made sure my guests and us were happy. The food was beyond delicious, and all of our guests have repeated this over and over. On more than one occasion I have heard more than one person say "This is by far the best wedding food that I have had, and I've been to a lot of weddings". They always seem to be interested in improving, both for the couple and for the Country club/future couple's experiences. We were assigned one Wedding Coordinator, Nikki, who was so organized, thoughtful, creative, and overall fantastic! But at the same time, we were also pleasantly greeted by another coordinator, Lauren, who was not even working our event. George, is phenomenal too! He really knows what he is doing and has the nicest personality! The serving staff were also amazing! A few of our guests mentioned that this is the first wedding that servers asked for drink orders from the bar, delivering to the table, rather than guests constantly going to the bar. The servers also helped us pack up all of our things, deliver our gifts to the car, and insured that all was well throughout the night. You really get the sense that the whole staff works like a cohesive team whose efforts were well coordinated from start to finish! I hope that I have the privilege to either host or attend another event with them in the future! Our photographers also mentioned that they would love to work with them again (it was the first time they worked there)! Thank you Nikki,

The Legacy Club at Woodcrest's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are so happy you chose Woodcrest and trusted our team to execute your perfect day! We wish you the best!
    Gina Married on 04/21/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Food was outstanding we are still getting texts about it a week later.!everything was done to perfection Lauren and george are amazing!! Feel free to ask me any questions

The Legacy Club at Woodcrest's reply:

Thank you, Gina, for such a kind review! You had a gorgeous wedding! We look forward to seeing you back at Bar 1929 this summer!
    Sherri Married on 04/20/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    They were THE BEST! The whole team there was so kind and accommodating, and I was mainly in contact with Nikki for my wedding, who was ABSOLUTELY amazing. Nikki made organizing the whole event really easy and she was extremely attentive to detail. She was quick to respond when I had questions, and did everything she could to make our wedding day extra special.

The indoor ceremony space in the Fountain Ballroom was perfect. There's this beautiful arched window that we set the ceremony in front of. A lot of natural light makes pictures really great, so we were really excited about that. The golf course provided many photo opportunities outside. We loved the little stone bridge that's on the property, too. :)

The price was excellent - we had many food options, great service, and little extra details that added a little more to the overall experience. All of our guests sent us SO many wonderful comments about the service and the food. We had a couple people say: "Can you throw yourselves a second wedding at this place so we can come back?"

The staff member who took care of my husband and I during the reception (whose name escapes me at this moment) was so kind and attentive. She made sure we got to eat and drink while we made our way through the day. (The day flew and there's so much going on at once, so having her there making sure we were taken care of was really great).

All that's left to say is... WOW. A huge thank you to everyone at Woodcrest Country Club that made our wedding day absolutely spectacular. We wouldn't change a thing. We had an incredible and unforgettable experience with everyone, and the day turned out beautifully.

The Legacy Club at Woodcrest's reply:

Thank you SO much for your kind words! Your wedding was beautiful. We are so happy you decided to trust Woodcrest to host your perfect day! Best wishes to you!
    Jenna Married on 03/25/2018

Married 11/10/18

Woodcrest. Where do I even start? I have never received so many compliments than I did for our wedding. Your attention to detail impeccable. Your calm manner made a stressful day stress free. The cocktail hour food was outrageous. The martini bar was a huge hit. The bridal suite is so cute and was such a great start to our morning. Nikki, you made sure every email with every silly question was answered thoroughly and timely. I’m not sure how you keep everything so organized, especially after some chaos on my end the week of the wedding. George, we only met a few times but as soon as I met you I knew we were in good hands. The food is amazing, so that alone is a great reason to book now. Nicole, we only met the night of but you knew exactly how to get a distracted bridal party where they needed to go haha! The country club itself was cozy for our 160 people, just big enough to spread out and have sitting for cocktail hour and just small enough to make it feel so cozy and intimate. Every single worker we encountered was so happy and genuinely happy for us. If we did it over I would not change a thing, thank you all for the best and most memorable night of our lives!
    Jessica Married on 11/18/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Words cannot even begin to describe how amazing and absolutely perfect our experience with Woodcrest was. Our coordinator Nikki was an absolute godsend and the reason our wedding day went off without a hitch! Nikki’s organization and dedication to her job allowed me and my husband to relax and enjoy the day with absolutely no worries because we knew that our wedding was in the absolute best hands possible. The venue itself is just stunning; gorgeous grounds, two beautiful ballrooms, and an absolutely perfect bridal suite. My hair and make-up artist both raved about how it was the best setup they’ve seen! Thank you from the bottom of our heart for making our wedding day everything we ever could’ve dreamed of and more!!!
    Sonu Married on 06/03/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I cannot say enough about the entire team at Woodcrest Country Club. I had an indian wedding and reception at the club, which was on of the first of these types in many years. The venue is absolutely amazing - it has two different ballrooms and a tent outside for ceremonies, weather permitting, not to mention the beautiful grounds. WCC was accommodating from the very beginning. We were concerned that people would be utilizing the putting green during our ceremony which may impact the ambiance and they offered to close the putting green for a couple of hours. They also have this amazing bridal suite - which my makeup artist - who has been too many fancy places including the four seasons, said that it was one of the best bridal suites she has ever seen. George, Lauren and Nicole really accommodated every need I had. They worked with me and my vendors to make sure the event was completely amazing. When my makeup artist accidentally left something of hers at the venue, they mailed it to her with no issues. They are just a wonderful team coupled with a wonderful venue which made the day even more spectacular than I could have ever imagined.
    Ann Married on 11/05/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Woodcrest Country Club is a beautiful and unique wedding venue in South Jersey, and is definitely a must-see when venue shopping. I had my wedding here in November 2016 and WCC helped make my dreams come to life. Working alongside George and Nikki was the highlight of the planning process. They could not have been more helpful as they worked with me to customize their wedding packages to meet my needs as well as my budget. Guests were impressed with the welcome drinks, fantastic staff and amazing food. I have not stopped hearing from my guests about how impressed they were with everything that WCC had to offer. I could continue to write all of the things I love about WCC, but it would be best for you to see it all for yourself.
  • User1736494 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We loved how the coordinator allowed us to run the show the way we wanted.
    Jared Married on 05/24/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I loved the Woodcrest country club! Such a Beautiful and eligant place.. really made my wedding day even more special and beautiful... The coordinators worked so hard to make sure that everything went smooth. I would recommend them to anyone.
    Jacqueline Married on 04/10/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Thank you Woodcrest County Club for the best day ever! With our tight budget and large guest list, we were at a loss as to how we could ever have our dream wedding. The first day we met with Ida though, we knew it was where we belonged. She reassured us that Woodcrest would accommodate our budget, and we worked with both the Chef and Ida to come up with our personalized menu. We wanted a cocktail hour type atmosphere, with plenty of dancing and food available throughout the night. They delivered, and with food and service that surpassed everyone’s expectations. Everything tasted as though it was individually prepared, and the quality and attention to detail was obvious to us and to our guests. People are still raving about the Chef’s Shrimp and Grits, and I can still taste the New York strip!
    Although we instantly fell in love with the relaxed elegance of Woodcrest, Ida sealed the deal. She truly loves her job. We immediately became friends. I knew that I could go to her with any concern, and that she genuinely cared. Her advice was well thought out and honest. I enjoyed every meeting. It was like hanging out with a good friend planning the most exciting day of our lives. Close to the date of our wedding we met Steph. She was a new member to the Woodcrest event staff. I immediately knew we were in good hands. She was so excited for our big day, and really showed her experience by seamlessly integrating with the rest of the Woodcrest team. She contacted all of our vendors and ensured that our timeline and schedule went smoothly. Our personal server, Michael, spent the entire night ensuring that we had everything we needed at all times. Right down to our favorite drinks and a constant supply of fresh, hot food He ended the night by escorting our guests downstairs to the after-party at Bar 1929, where the fire pits were lit and the patio was open. In the end, we celebrated our wedding in a venue that felt like home and with a wonderful team of new friends!
illustration stars