Wonder Tribe Reviews

Wonder Tribe 6
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 03/30/2019

Warm, glowing, beautiful photos

Working with Michael was a dream! He made us feel comfortable and look natural in front of the camera which was not an easy feat. Our engagement photos are beyond gorgeous and we are DYING to see the full wedding album after checking out the sneak peek album. Beautiful work, great attitude, Michael was a true pleasure to work with!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Mackenzie · Married on 09/29/2018

Michael is so talented, so professional and so fun to be around! When we first met him, we instantly knew he was the perfect photographer for our big day. My husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of the camera but Michael reassured us, got us to let loose and feel at ease with him at our engagement session. Come wedding day, Michael was the most familiar face out of all of our vendors which really calmed both my husband and I's nerves while getting ready. Aside from being one of the nicest people we know, he is so extremely talented! His attention to detail and lighting is amazing.
    We've only just gotten a sneak peak from him of our wedding day but we are melting over them. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought our pictures would come out this great.

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Wonder Tribe 7
    Wonder Tribe 8
    Wonder Tribe 9
    Wonder Tribe 10
    Wonder Tribe 11

Christine · Married on 09/01/2018

If you are looking for a photographer, look no further. Michael is THE most skilled, dependable, courteous, comfortable, caring, and talented photographer you will ever meet. He has such a big heart and really puts his all into every photo he takes. His shots are creative and elegant, and his experience and artistry is unmatchable.

My husband and I interviewed a handful of photographers, but once we met Michael we immediately knew he was the one. My husband has always hated photos, but Michael was able to completely change his perception. By the end of our engagement shoot, we were all smiling and laughing and couldn't wait to get together again.

Choosing your photographer is probably one of the most important decisions you make on your wedding day. Your photographer will be there capturing the day's worth of events--whether it be first look, vows, or first dance. You want to make sure you can trust them, are comfortable with them, and can consider them as one of your closest friends. Michael is all of these but more, and my husband and I am more grateful than ever to share our wedding day with him.

Sent on 07/16/2018
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 08/26/2018

Professional, approachable, hard-working, wonderful

Michael of Wonder Tribe was by far our favorite vendor to work with! We hired him after seeing him in action at my best friend's wedding. He has an incredibly positive attitude and is completely professional while still being warm and approachable. For our wedding, he honored all of our input and ideas and took the most beautiful photos of our big day. We chose to have a second photographer to assist Michael, and it was definitely the right choice. Vin and Michael were conscientious to get photos of all of the family members and groups that we requested, and all the details that we worked so hard to put together for our big day. The candid photos of the reception are some of our favorites, but our couple's photos are gorgeous and better than we could have hoped for. We highly recommend Wonder Tribe and would work with them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Wonder Tribe 12

Kendra · Married on 10/05/2017

Michael was a phenomenal wedding photographer to work with. He did our engagement photos are our wedding day and they turned our beautifully. He was easy to work with an made everyone feel comfortable. He went out of his way to ensure that everything went smoothly. When he found out it might rain on our wedding day he even offered to come for our rehearsal and get some extra photos. We have already recommended him to a number of friends.

Sent on 03/17/2018

Ryan · Married on 02/19/2017

Michael and Leanna at Wonder Tribe were absolutely amazing! They each went out of their way, bending over backwards to make our wedding perfect! As soon as we met Michael, we knew he and Wonder Tribe were the right choice. He’s a warm and kind soul, and was incredibly professional when it came to business. He made the entire process so easy, from filling out the initial forms to viewing and sharing our photos afterward. And the photos! They’re beautiful and capture everything we wanted, and yet while the wedding was happening Michael and Leanna felt so unobtrusive, almost invisible. Michael’s dedication to his craft and his artistic talent are immediately apparent to anyone who looks at his pictures. But we were blown away by his dedication to us, the clients, when he happily got drenched in the rain in order to capture our walk from the ceremony to the reception. We couldn’t think higher of Michael or give a stronger recommendation for Wonder Tribe - they not only captured our wedding beautifully, but helped to make it as special as it was.

Sent on 04/18/2017

Angela · Married on 01/28/2017

Michael is amazing! He has such a great eye, and he uses natural light to enhance beauty and truly capture a couple's love. He made my fiancé and I feel so comfortable, and we will cherish our photos forever!!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Josh · Married on 01/28/2017

Simply review Michael's photos and you will see why you should choose him. Prior to meeting and working with Michael, I discounted Photography "easy" but after being educated on the process and seeing the final work, I am so glad I had the opportunity to work with him. First our engagement photos went off without a hitch and he made our entire day feel so special. Michael has a very calming presence that made someone like myself (a person who has never taken professional photographs/modeled) feel at ease and treat the process as very natural. Then comes the big day and Michael and his co-photographer really showed why you need to select an amazing photographer; it's an already hectic day so having someone that can command the room without barking orders is really powerful. I highly, highly recommend you select Michael. You can't find anyone better that is nice person and does incredible work! When everyone from your family to random guests comment on how awesome Michael is, you know you've made the right pick!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Dee Anne · Married on 01/17/2017

Michael and the Wonder Tribe family were beyond amazing, accommodating and full of love from the beginning. From the first meeting to our actual wedding day, Michael made our wedding his priority and special with every meeting, detailed discussion and vision sessions. On top of that, we had to change our wedding/elopement date and plans 3 different times due to inclement weather. But as always with Michael, he took it in stride and went with the flow. In the end, we couldn't be happier with our pictures which, when everyone sees them, are in awe with. Most of all, Michael made our wedding day both blessed and blissed. He made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and his beautiful wife Caron, our sweet officiant, rounded out this moment in life, as one of the best days in the 23 years we've been together. We can't find the best words to describe how special Michael, Caron and the Wonder Tribe experience made this Mrs. & Mrs. feel. We are forever grateful to them and would honestly, love to relive it all over again. Dee Anne & Hilary

Sent on 02/07/2017

Missy · Married on 10/01/2016

I really don't know how to put into words how amazing Michael from Wonder Tribe really is! From our first phone conversation I could tell he is very creative and passionate about what he does and that shines through in his work. We had Michael shoot our engagement photos and our wedding photos and he documented such an important time in our life so perfectly. He is a joy to work with and really made my Husband and I so comfortable. I put together inspirations for Michael for both the wedding and engagement shoot and both times he captured every element of what we were looking for and then some. He has a great eye and will tell your story even better than you can imagine! We are so thankful we found Wonder Tribe!

Sent on 01/18/2017

Megan · Married on 07/30/2016

I'm so thankful we found Michael! From the moment we met him, we knew that he was a kindred spirit. There was no doubt in our minds that he was the photographer we wanted. He made time to come check out our venue and help us plan the layout and photo spots. He worked with us on personalizing our photography package and allowed for last minute changes.
    He is inspiring, patient, creative, kind, and amazing with children and crazy relatives. He loves love.
    He caught every single special moment, from the first look to the last dance. Every single photo he's shared with us has been absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to have our photos in hand in a few weeks! I highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Alyssa · Married on 07/02/2016

Michael is dependable, hard working, talented, creative, caring, patient, reasonably priced and I would recommend him in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Kristin · Married on 05/22/2016

Michael was an amazing part of our wedding day! As a person he is very kind, respectful, funny, and down to earth. Our engagement photos turned out so beautiful! He really listens to what you want and has a very uniques style of photography. We really got to know Michael the day of our engagement photos and by the time the wedding was here, we felt like we had known him for years. He is so attentive to your needs and wants for your pictures. On our wedding night he was running around everywhere snapping pictures like crazy! He got ever shot that I wanted and more. He doesn't just see people as his client, he really gets to know the bride and groom and really connects with them. My wedding just passed a few days ago and I am SO anxious to see our wedding photos. I know they are going to be absolutely breath taking. Thank you Michael for making our day more than magical!!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Tara · Married on 04/23/2016

When I think back on our wedding experience, and not just the wedding day but the entire journey leading up to it, I am so beyond thankful that we found Michael of Wonder Tribe. For some reason finding a photographer was one of our most difficult vendors to nail down and as soon as I got off the phone from my initial conversation with Michael I told my fiance I wanted to hire him. Not only is he an absolutely incredible photographer but he is so kind and was such a joy to work with and spend time with. His dedication to his craft shines through in every photo and his attention to detail leaves no moment left un-captured. If we had to do the whole thing over again we would hire Michael in a heart beat. Michael is one of those people you can tell is living out their purpose in life because his love of photography and his natural abilities shine through in every photo. My husband and I still talk about him months after the wedding because we feel so lucky that he was able to be alongside us on our wedding day - we only wish we needed photos for something else so we could spend time with him again soon!

We are thankful for you Michael!

xx, Dan and Tara

Sent on 07/11/2016

Vanessa · Married on 03/05/2016

Michael from Wonder Tribe Weddings is the best! As a same sex couple, we felt extremely comfortable with him. He made no assumptions about what our ceremony would be like or who would be doing something based on tradition. He asked questions if he didn't know the answer. He was accepting, open to learning about the LGBT community and took some amazing shots of our wedding. Michael is passionate about love, family and marriage. His passion comes through in every photograph. We did not want to have staged photos so the pressure was on to make sure that he didn't miss a moment of the ceremony. He did an amazing job! Hire him! It is the best decision you will make around your wedding. I promise!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Anna & Rob · Married on 10/17/2015

It was an absolute delight and privilege having Michael of Wonder Tribe as our engagement and wedding photographer. From start to finish, we had an effortless, comfortable rapport and it was abundantly clear that Michael is passionately devoted to his craft. Along the way, his questions were extremely thoughtful, aimed at truly understanding who we are as a couple and our vision for the photo shoots.

Michael did our engagement photos a few months before the wedding which we highly recommend! It gave us the opportunity to get to know him better and feel more comfortable in front of the camera. Prior to the shoot, Michael brought forth tons of creative ideas. Being less than creative, we were so grateful for the suggestions. We had an absolute blast during the photo shoot. It felt completely natural and organic. His excitement for photography is infectious. We were blown away by the photos and how they captured the gorgeous landscape of Ojai, our individual personalities and the essence of our unity.

Michael was fantastic about periodically checking in prior to our wedding to see how we were doing and offer any assistance he could. His presence the morning of the wedding was calming and cheery. Without much direction, he captured every image we could have envisioned. He was such a special presence during the ceremony and the reception. Many of our guests remarked that he was lovely to be around and effortlessly melded into our wedding group. The photos turned out absolutely stunning! There was not one person or moment he missed. He provided endless options to choose from. In fact, we are still deciding which to print and frame.

We HIGHLY recommend Michael. He is incredibly talented and an absolute joy to work with!!!

Sent on 02/03/2016

Jen · Married on 07/05/2015

Michael was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding. The way he captured not only every detail of our event but the love between my husband and I was nothing short of amazing. Michael is an absolute ninja; you would have thought we had 4 photographers at our wedding instead of 1. Our coordinator was nowhere to be found throughout much of the day and Michael was our constant that kept us from panicking and kept us on track with the schedule we had in mind. Our guests kept asking us who our awesome photographer was and got a kick out of spying him taking photos through bushes and such. Michael takes a sincere interest in who you are as a couple and has an amazing eye for getting the perfect shots you could only dream of. Weddings are stressful and go by fast, but a photographer of his caliber will let you look back on your photos and relive your day in the most magical way. I am forever grateful!!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Leslie · Married on 03/14/2015

Michael at Wonder Tribe was the perfect photographer. He took the time to get to know our personalities and what we were looking for in regards to our wedding photos. We gave him a few Santa Barbara locations where we wanted to take pictures. Michael scouted those locations several times before our big day and had chosen spots where he knew the lighting would be perfect.
    Michael was extremely accommodating while our family made requests for different family combination shots. He is extremely flexible and has such a fun, sweet personality.
    Not only is Michael a pleasure to work with, our pictures are amazing! I can't wait to work with him again and I will definitely be recommending him to my friends!

Sent on 03/24/2015

Julieta · Married on 12/19/2014

Michael was great! he's well oriented about what to do from the beginning.
    He asked and gather all the information about the Groom and me, as all the details for the Wedding Day from the first time we spoke. On the Wedding Day, he arrived an hour ahead to explore the place, and get some ideas for the pictures. He's a very fun and professional Photographer.
    "We feel very Happy and delighted we found this guy for our Wedding"

Sent on 12/24/2014

Laura · Married on 10/18/2014

When choosing a photographer for our wedding, it was important that we find someone who not only understood our vision, but took the time to get to know us as individuals as well as a new couple. Michael at Wonder Tribe has a significant and unique ability to capture those special moments you always dreamed of and know you would have missed, had it not been for his efforts. From our first meeting, we met and shared how we wanted to create an experience that showed a story of us through photography. He listened to our ideas and clearly explained his approach to our big day. After our wedding, Michael provided us with an online album with moments that brought back all the emotion and magic of that memorable and unforgettable day. For days to come, we will always look back at our photos and revisit how incredible that day truly was for us and our families. Thank you, Michael, for your kind spirit, your amazing talents and for making our day not only a part of your life, but also a part of ours.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Vallerie · Married on 10/18/2014

Being the Mother of the Bride, I was very eager to connect with a photographer early on in the wedding planning process for my daughter. Michael at Wonder Tribe was such a joy to work with and throughout our planning, truly took the time to understand our family and how we wanted to capture the day. Of course, we were pulled in all directions on that day and Michael was relaxed and gave me reassurance that we would be pleased, and we were! Thank you, Michael for all your efforts and for your beautiful pictures! Perhaps pictures of a new baby is next?

Sent on 01/04/2015

Heather · Married on 08/31/2014

“We were blown away by our wedding pictures. We could literally feel the love and dedication in each shot. There was no moment left un-captured! We could not be more happy or proud to share your work with our family and friends. Beautiful memories for a lifetime! Thank you!”

Sent on 12/02/2014

We knew Mikey was a great photographer, but we still couldn't believe how beautiful our wedding pictures are. He was able to capture the essence of every moment of the wedding day. He found the perfect angle, the perfect lighting and the perfect way to bring these memories to life. Our family and guests were impressed by his positive energy and his friendly smile during the whole day! We would definitely recommend Mikey as photographer for every important event!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Ky · event on 06/01/2014

Working with Michael was such a great experience. He made my girlfriend and I feel very relaxed throughout the entire shoot. He had wonderful ideas and a great eye. We couldn't be happier with the way our photos turned out!!

Sent on 12/08/2014