Womens Club of Glen Ridge Reviews

16 Reviews for Womens Club of Glen Ridge

1 User photo

Womens Club of Glen Ridge 1

Paul Seltzer · Married on 05/26/2019

Highly recommend this venue!

So glad we went with the Women's Club of Glen Ridge for our wedding! Elizabeth was so helpful as we planned from a distance, and was very responsive every time we had a question. The venue itself is well-maintained, and made for a great environment for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We especially recommend it for couples having their ceremony and reception in the same place--both the upstairs and downstairs looked beautiful.

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 01/29/2018

Fabulous Space

A gorgeous historic building with a sprawling brick entryway, 2 dynamic ballrooms, and a charming open terrace. The event coordinators are charming and a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend this venue for your big day!
    Michael Ramella
    Owner, Devour Creative Catering
    Berkeley Heights

Womens Club of Glen Ridge 2
    Sent on 10/25/2019

Steven · Married on 06/18/2016

The Women's Club was an amazing venue. The surrounding area was great for photos, the layout worked perfect for what we envisioned our day to look like and the staff was always accommodating and friendly.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Alison · Married on 09/19/2015

The Women's Club of Glen Ridge is an exceptional venue for a wedding. We held both our ceremony and reception here in September 2015 and could not have been happier with our choice. The club is beautiful without any embellishment needed, although they welcome you to decorate. Elizabeth, the manager (and her predecessor Suzanne), was very accommodating and punctual about helping us plan our date and the custodian Linda was also very helpful during our wedding weekend. The club provides tables and chairs for guests. We did rent folding chairs for the ceremony upstairs, but they have approximately 100 chairs you can use if you don't mind older chairs that don't match (you could always get chair covers too). We easily accommodated 140 guests for our wedding in the ballroom, with plenty of room to dance and hold a photobooth, dessert tables and two bars. If you want a non-traditional all-inclusive venue, the Women's Club is an exceptional choice. Hosting our wedding there allowed us to make a truly personal and intimate wedding.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Allie · Married on 09/12/2015

We had the wedding of our dreams at the Glen Ridge Women's Club - it was the perfect venue for us (a DIY bride and a husband along for the crazy ride). It was more work than going to a one-stop wedding hall but the results were absolutely worth it. With a few reasonable exceptions, the hall is yours to do as you please and for us, that meant hanging globe string lights across the ceiling, using marquee letters on the stage, custom sequin linens and when everything was said and done.. WOW! The hall was also super accommodating of our schedules - we were allowed to go in and set up the day before the wedding and come back to take our things home the next day. You're always the only wedding there. It's got a great price tag for other budget-minded brides out there and if I could do back, I'd do it the same way all over again! It lets the personality of the couple really shine through (or if you're not so much DIY yourself, the room is beautiful enough on its own!) We will, without hesitation, recommend the Women's Club to anyone looking for a perfect venue at a perfect price.

Sent on 10/01/2015

I fell in love with this venue when I visited in November. Shortly thereafter my husband and I reached out to see what dates were available. I truly loved the architecture style of this building, it reminded me of the Mansion at the university I attended and evokes a sense of grandeur in my mind. This venue is not a typical catering hall, which is another thing that I really liked. We brought in the caterer of our choice, and provided whatever alcohol we determined we wanted to share with our guests.

Elizabeth was so very helpful in the planning phase, and we were able to rent specific parts of the building without renting out the entire space. Linda was was great setting up the day before, during our rehearsal and the day of. I'm so grateful to have found this venue and couldn't imagine having celebrated our big day anywhere else!

Sent on 08/07/2015

WCGR, and Suzanne and Linda who represent the venue, was a dream come true. It was the perfect location not too far away from where we live in NYC, but still in New Jersey and easy for our guests, near and far, to get to. Because it is a "blank canvas," there are lots of choices to make as far as seating, linens, lighting, and flowers, but working with our vendors we transformed the already beautiful Georgian Room and Williamsburg Ball Room into an intimate, warm space for our wedding-- not too fussy, just simple elegance. I wish we could do it all over again! Suzanne was so responsive and easy to work with, and Linda was very helpful on the day-of with lighting and other small needs.

Sent on 10/14/2013
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 05/20/2012

Suzanne at the Women's Club was so friendly and helpful throughout the planning process. The entire staff the day of the wedding and for the rehearsal were so friendly and helpful. Beautiful venue!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/20/2012

Mrs. · Married on 08/27/2011

I fell in love with the place as soon as I walked in. This was the only wedding venue I looked at, and I have absolutely no regrets.

If you can, rent out the entire building. It's a big space, but will feel even more intimate if you can use all the different rooms!

Suzanne was great to work with from beginning to end. The Club felt like a blank canvas, and while time-consuming and stressful at times, being able to handpick all of my vendors made my day truly special. Try and work with vendors who have been in the space before - it's a unique building, so you want someone with some familiarity.

I think I can probably give tours of the Club myself, I love it so much. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/03/2011

Nicole · Married on 04/24/2010

We used the Women's Club for our reception. It is a lovely space and nice alternative to the various wedding halls nearby. There are two levels that you can rent. The lower level includes a ball room, foyer and library, as well as an outdoor area. We utilized the outdoor area by bringing a tent; this was where most of the cocktail hour happened.

You have total control in making the wedding how you'd like -- this is a pro and a con. They provide you with chairs and tables. The chairs are really not attractive, so you need to either get chair covers or bring in chairs. Other than that the place is well-kept and has a vintage theme. Keep in mind that you will have to rent all the other food-related items and bring in liquor. One note for those when thinking of a caterer - they only allow for the caterer to warm food up at the space - there is no full cooking that happens there.

Sent on 05/13/2010
  • Carla

Carla · Married on 07/20/2019

Lovely Space!

Elizabeth was responsive and helpful. The club is a great space to work worth with lots of opportunity to add your touch to it.

Sent on 08/07/2019

Heather · Married on 01/08/2019

3.0

Charming and beautiful venue!

We loved having our wedding at the Women’s Club!! Elizabeth is extremely helpful and we appreciated her quick responses and helpful suggestions to make our day absolutely perfect!! We used the upstairs ballroom for the ceremony, downstairs rooms for cocktail hour and main ballroom for the reception. Our guests were wowed by how beautiful everything was and you needed minimal decorations. They allow you to use real candles which is a plus and come in to decorate yourself the day before. The pricing is reasonable and fair compared to competitors. The only constructive feedback I have is to provide more time/flexibility for vendors the day of the event. It’s hard to get all items there and prepared within the timeframe (2-3hrs before the start of the event). However overall everything else was fantastic and we’d host another event there in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Samantha · Married on 10/11/2014

3.5

We had our cocktail hour and reception at the Women's Club of Glen Ridge. We were searching (what felt like in vain) for something simple, beautiful, and not an all-in-one banquet hall. Most importantly, we didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for it.

After much searching, we found and fell in love with The Women's Club. The space was perfect for our needs, and Suzanne (the office manager) was wonderful to work with. You do have to get your own caterer and linen rentals, but their tables and Chiavari-style chairs are fantastic.

The ballroom was the ideal size for our 150 guests and large dance floor. We used the side room and patio for our cocktail hour, and things felt "busy" while not being overcrowded.

The upstairs is beautiful for a few pictures, or for use as your ceremony space if you choose to not use a church. Lovey overall!

Sent on 12/16/2014
  • emeraldstar

Tinea · Married on 07/18/2010

3.5

this place is great if you are really trying to budget and save. there are a few restrictions, but overall, my wedding was AMAZING and I'm really glad that i had it here.

Sent on 07/26/2010

kaitlin · Married on 10/26/2013

3.5

My husband and I were married on October 26th at the Women's Club of Glen Ridge. We had rented the entire clubhouse to accommodate the fact that we would be hosting both our ceremony (upstairs, Georgian Room) and reception (downstairs, Williamsburg Ballroom) there. Everything turned out perfectly, the venue is truly gorgeous and it worked perfectly with our wedding theme. There are a few minor restrictions that we would have liked to work around, however, the women at the Club (Suzanne, in particular) were very helpful with accommodating our early set up and other similar, minor requests for the day-of. Also, we found that the pricing is fairly reasonable given the astronomical costs of renting a venue nowadays. I would definitely recommend this venue to any future bride and groom in search of their wedding location.

Sent on 11/08/2013

Joelle · Married on 07/14/2012

3.0

The Women's Club of Glen Ridge is a Women's Club that rents out it's space for events. The price is higher than other Women's Club's in the area, but because they offered two separate floors; one for the ceremony and one for the reception, we were willing to spend the extra money for the space. It also has a unique and classic look about it that isn't like all the other marble covered wedding venues throughout NJ.

If I could go back and do it over, I would still have my wedding here - but you do need to keep in mind when renting this place that it is an empty venue and you are responsible for EVERYTHING. This includes linens, food, decor, lighting, and even chairs because the chairs they have are quite unattractive. As long as you are willing to put in the extra work and deal with their pretty long list of rules, this can be made into an extremely beautiful wedding venue.

Sent on 08/29/2012