Wolftrap Farm Reviews

Wolftrap Farm 7
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/01/2019

DIY & Unique Experience

Wolf Trap Farm is absolutely gorgeous and the venue of my dreams! Tina is amazing and lays it all out for you from day one! We are so excited to have this rare experience of arriving the day before for set up and being able to leave the day after the wedding. All of our family and bridal party get to stay on site with us and we get to truly soak in our special wedding day and not rush through it! I love being able to have a completely unique wedding and set up the entire event the way we dreamed! Tour here first! You won’t regret it!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Jennifer · Married on 04/13/2019

Friendly and flexible

Not sure they know the word no

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/14/2018

Absolutely Amazing!!!

I got married at Wolftrap Farm October 14th, 2018.. it was absolutely amazing! Keith & Tina were SO much help.. we couldn’t have asked for a better venue. The scenery, the horses, the houses & the Black Meadow Pavilion was absolutely breathtaking! I also love that in the years to come we are able to come back to that very location for our anniversary! Our rustic wedding wouldn’t have been the same without this beautiful venue! ♥️

Sent on 02/14/2019
    Wolftrap Farm 8
    Wolftrap Farm 9
    Wolftrap Farm 10
    Wolftrap Farm 11
    Wolftrap Farm 12

Lauren · Married on 10/31/2017

We had a small ceremony at the farm. The elopement package is wonderful for the price. The venue is very DIY but Tina was very helpful and accommodating! Keith was very responsive when we had to change our date not once but twice! Our family loved the location, it’s perfeftly secluded and absolutely beautiful for photos.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Molly · Married on 07/15/2017

Wolftrap Farm was truly the best place I could have hoped to get married! Though it was a very DIY venue, the staff was incredibly accommodating when it came to figuring out logistics and understanding how previous weddings had done certain things. Tina and Keith responded to emails and texts very quickly and always had an answer for the question at hand! The DIY part allowed us to have exactly the wedding that we had imagined without any interference from the venue. Get a great group of helpers together and you're set to have the wedding of your dreams! A huge bonus of the farm was having the houses on the property where our bridal party, our family, our musicians, and even some of our friends were able to stay. It was invaluable to have everyone so close by and not have to worry about who needed to be where and when! We can't wait to return to the farm to stay for an anniversary down the road!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Wolftrap Farm's reply:

We are so glad you got just what you wanted at the farm. Having everyone together "on campus" seems to be a lot of fun for everyone.

Heather · Married on 10/15/2016

We absolutely loved this venue!! It was perfect for what we wanted! Rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and our wedding and reception were all held at the same place! Being able to stay the weekend at a wonderful price was such an added bonus!! The views were spectacular, our guests could not stop raving about it!! Also, the owner was fantastic, super prompt at answering questions and returned phone calls within the day! Super easy to work with! We recommended this venue!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Wolftrap Farm's reply:

Thank you, Heather. You had a lovely wedding.

Ashley · Married on 07/17/2016

We did the 'elopement package' & stayed there several nights following our wedding. It was so beautiful & relaxing. Lots to do in the area or just hang out & relax at the farm! The people there are great to work with too :)

Sent on 07/17/2017

If you want an outdoor venue with that barn feel or old time feel this is the place for you! This place is all do it yourself. They provide the venue and you provide everything else...besides tables and chairs. I had my wedding here September 28th and it was perfect! We rented the homes so family from out of town and my family had a place to stay after the reception was over. We had the ceremony outside and the reception at the pavilion they have. If you have any questions they are very helpful and will get you the information you need. I absolutely loved having our wedding there and my husband and I will probably rent out one of the homes on the property for anniversaires. We are so happy we found this place!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Nancy · Married on 09/27/2014

We could not have been more pleased with Wolf Trap Farm for our daughter's wedding on 9/27/14. The owner was always responsive to out questions. We had booked the farm before we knew that the pavilion would be available so were very excited to be able to use that facility and not have to rent a tent. It was beautiful & the caterer was happy with the set up, etc. The farm has several beautiful sites for the ceremony. To be able to have the entire wedding party stay at the farm was another PLUS! We had the rehearsal dinner there as well. Wolf Trap is a lovely venue tucked away in Orange County. It is definitely worth a visit!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Carol · Married on 07/19/2014

Wolf Trap Farm in bucolic Orange County Virginia, 30 minutes from Charlottesville and Culpeper, 2 hours from DC, is a coming attraction venue that has a big future in the bridal industry, in our opinion as early customers of their B&B Manor House and new Pavilion event space. Our Bride and Groom hoped for countryside panoramic beauty, laid back surroundings, comfortable and responsive spaces and services. We got it all, including the "no bugs" in July the owner promised me were true on the top of the farm ridge where all the events were located. The staff are unpretentious and willing to do whatever it takes to make a memorable weekend of events. The photos of the ceremony looking out to the Blue Ridge over a green pasture valley couldn't have been more perfect if painted. We are happy happy parents of the Bride and Groom who had visions of what they wanted and found them to be fulfilled at WTF. Priceless!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Wolftrap Farm's reply:

Thanks, Carol. I would clarify that our "no bugs" claim does not cover flies, only mosquitoes.

Jeri · Married on 06/28/2014

Wolf trap farm was the most amazing location for my wedding. They were so helpful and accommodating to everything we needed or wanted. Friendly and down to earth people. Beautiful scenery with a rustic feel. People are still talking about the venue!!!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Wolftrap Farm's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Jeri. We were proud to host your wedding.

Sarah · Married on 10/19/2013

If you want a venue that you can cater exactly to your liking, this is the place for you. For those who do not want that kind of thing, be forewarned that Wolftrap does not provide anything but a space. You must bring in everything--food, rentals, etc etc etc. Given that Charlottesville was recently named the number one wedding destination in the country, prices have gone up like crazy. Wolftrap is an affordable and absolutely beautiful option for those of you who are on a budget and willing to get creative. I cannot say enough good things. We were maybe the second or third wedding to ever take place at the farm (found it on VRBO!), and since then, this place has become super popular for a reason. Keith the owner is very responsive and accommodating, as is the on-location staff. The farm itself is kept in pristine shape and the horses, barns and rolling hills add that special touch to what is guaranteed to be a beautiful event. The fact that our entire immediate family had a place to stay on location was the second best thing about the place (the first being how amazingly beautiful it is). The pavilion wasn't constructed when we got married, so we had the ceremony and reception on the front lawn which was just perfect.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Breeanne · Married on 09/24/2016

My fiance and I are paying for the wedding ourselves, so finding a venue that was perfect for us, but didn't break the bank was more difficult than we thought it would be.
    With the help of Wedding Wire, we found PERFECT venue for our wedding next fall. Getting in contact with Wolf Trap Farm was very easy, and they were very responsive and accommodating to my work schedule when scheduling a time to go out and tour the venue.
    The price is great, and and everyone I have spoken with has been a pleasure to work with so far. I really love that we can decorate the pavilion to really make it our own. I am looking forward to continuing to work with such a great vendor that cares about the client's needs and happiness more than the money.

Sent on 12/28/2015
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing humans

We planned our wedding ourselves. We so excited to pick wolftrap for a venue. It's beyond beautiful. We are out of town so we stayed on property about 4-5 times before our big weekend. Tina helped us while we were on the farm, she definitely an amazing human. She answered my texts in a timely fashion. Once the new pavilion went up our heart was set on that new pavilion. Both pavilions are gorgeous but the new one stands out with the view. Our family and bridal party stayed on property our wedding weekend.

Sent on 02/12/2019
    Wolftrap Farm 13
    Wolftrap Farm 14
    Wolftrap Farm 15
    Wolftrap Farm 16

Lucy · Married on 06/03/2017

Beautiful, flexible, good value. We rented the place for the whole wedding weekend and had guests staying onsite offset the cost. The place sleeps ~35 in nicely updated cabins as well as the manor house.

Dawn was excellent, super flexible. She also helped us out with finding helpers to move the chairs from the ceremony site to the reception hall, while guests were at the cocktail hour. That saved us having to rent a second set of chairs! Couldn't ask for a better venue if you are looking for a gorgeous place you can pretty much take over and bring in all the vendors you choose. A bit more work to do it that way but you end up with exactly the vendors you want!

Sent on 11/18/2017
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 05/07/2016

Loved this venue! Katie was amazing and there for my every question etc. I loved how we were able to rent out all of the houses for the weekend so the entire bridal party and immediate family were able to stay the weekend with plenty of hotels near by for other guests. This one is a must go see! The pictures on the website do not do it justice! And the owners are great, super chill!

Sent on 05/20/2016

Wolftrap Farm's reply:

Thank you, Alexis, for taking time to tell about the farm and our staff. We agree that pictures do not fully capture the beauty of this glorious bit of God's creation.

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2017

We worked with 3 different staff, including the owner, Keith, and everyone was super nice and helpful. They were quick in responding through e-mail and by phone, so that was convenient. It was especially helpful since I am not in the area. They are very flexible and relax, so I was able to set-up as I wanted to along with having friends & family help with catering and more. It was an amazing experience working with the staff. I especially enjoyed the views and the space of the farm. I'm excited to see my pictures!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/06/2014

The Wolftrap Farm is breathtaking. It was the perfect backdrop for our wedding. The new pavilion is spectacular!! My guests had a wonderful time. Our stay was not without some significant hiccups, largely revolving around a last minute management change and a breakdown in communication (also related to the management change). Regardless, I am still compelled to leave a glowing review because I am extremely impressed with the owner. He is a reasonable and fair man and promptly worked with us to right the situation. All without throwing his staff under the bus. I have a lot of respect for someone like that. I feel confident that he will address the problems we ran into and cannot wait to spend some anniversaries at the farm. Thank you Keith, Katie, and Kenny for your professionalism!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Wolftrap Farm's reply:

Thank you, Lauren. Your kind words will mean a lot to our staff, as they do to me.