Wolf Oak Acres Reviews

Wolf Oak Acres 6
Wolf Oak Acres 7

Cierra Goode · Getting married on 05/02/2020

Wolf oak acres viewing

We took a tour of the property after loving what we saw online. Seeing it in person, it was more amazing than I imagined it. The barn is stunning and the cabins are a perfect added touch. The owners always respond in a timely manner and are very friendly and professional!

Sent on 04/09/2019

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

We can’t wait for you and your family to be here next May for the big event! I have already been speaking to your mom today in regards to catering options! We’ll be here every step of the way if you need anything at all!

Katherine · Married on 10/05/2019

Wow! A perfect venue with incredible owners

Katrina and Russ at Wolf Oak Acres (WOA) are simply amazing. We had our wedding at WOA this past Saturday and we are just so happy that we chose this venue. Travel back 2 years in time: I was in the most miserable mood from checking out venues which were not at all what I was looking for and I was going to skip the WOA appointment because I was so bummed out from the other venues and my fiancé told me to just give it a shot. Within 10 seconds of stepping foot on WOA I had decided that it was the venue for us and we signed a contract a few days later. It was totally worth the wait to have a Saturday fall wedding at WOA. Katrina and Russ were SO helpful/organized/detail oriented. Katrina responded to emails in a manner that I can only describe as instantaneous. She was always super helpful in guiding us through the wedding planning process and offered her suggestions without being pushy. We really liked how the venue had multiple location options: the pond, the creek side, the indoor option, upstairs cocktail hour with the porch, and the downstairs reception. The WOA buildings and grounds are breaktakingly beautiful. We also really loved staying in the cabins with our parents and bridal party and enjoyed the nighttime bonfire after our busy day. Katrina and Russ, you hold a special place in our hearts. Thank you for helping us make our dream wedding a reality.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

WE can honestly say that you and Heath were a match made in heaven! This is always our busiest time of year - and your family was a breath of fresh air! Always so grateful and appreciative - really making all the work we put into our facility worthwhile! We are so happy that you had the perfect weather, day and family to share your event with! WE can't wait to hear about your upcoming adventures - and only hope that you'll keep us updated on your journeys ahead and share any pics you have with us!
    Thank you all for such a lovely review - and we are sending you best wishes for all that's yet to come!
  • Kellie

Kellie · Married on 09/21/2019

Absolutely Perfect

We had our wedding at Wolf Oak Acres this past Saturday (9/21) and it was perfect. Katrina, Russ, and their staff were exceptional. They were always there to make sure everything was going as is should be. They always answered emails quickly and were super helpful in the planning process as well. Most of our guests were from out of town and the couldn't stop gushing over how beautiful the venue was. There are so many great places for photos, and the ceremony locations are absolutely gorgeous. It was so awesome and easy getting ready upstairs. Plenty of room for hair makeup and places to get dress. Clean up was a breeze and Russ helped shuttle everything up to our cabin, which were just as great as the barn. They even deliver breakfast to your cabin in the mornings, which was delicious.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We loved having you all here - and are so grateful for the kind words and thoughts on our facility! We wish you both an amazing adventure and best wishes for the journey ahead!

MEAGHAN · Married on 06/29/2019

To the rescue

Wolf Oak Acres was a LIFESAVER for us. We had originally had our entire wedding planned at a different venue and after an extremely terrible experience we had to change our venue. Katrina was able to fit us into her busy schedule allowing us to tour the venue and gave us several options as far as what we could do having to completely change our wedding plans. In order to keep a Saturday event we had to change our date, which cost us 4 months of planning, but you'd have never known it because of how amazing Katrina and her husband Russell are. She was always a resource I could use for suggestions, ideas, advice, or even decorations! Yes, you read that right, they have a whole inventory of things you can use to save money on decorations! She made me feel very comfortable amongst the stress of planning a wedding the 2nd time around. And the day of our event could not have gone any better! Russell ("the bustler") was impeccable. He made sure our day went off without a hitch! He helped us in any way he could, and yes that includes helping with the bustling process! They were both extremely kind and very professional. The cabins on site we're also amazing. It was nice not worrying how we'd get back to a hotel after a few too many pops and they even started a campfire for us to enjoy after. I'd highly recommend this BEAUTIFUL venue to anyone looking for a rustic yet classy and elegant venue space!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

Thank you so much Meaghan! We always try our best to ensure every couple gets all of the individual attention they deserve every step of the way! Planning a wedding can be stressful, however there’s no reason for it to be! We live offering help along the way to ensure every aspect of your event is customized to fit your needs and personalities, yet also consider any budget you need to stay within... we’re so glad we could provide the perfect backdrop for your photos and reception along with your overnight lodging. We can’t wait to hear about your upcoming adventures and hope you’ll share those photos!!!
  • Kelly

Kelly Myhill · Married on 06/22/2019

Fantastic place to have wedding

Wolf Oak Acres is the best place to have your wedding. The grounds are beautiful for pictures. They have a large venue, upstairs has bar for cocktail hour with a wrap around deck. The down stairs is large with beautiful chandeliers and rustic decor. The owners Katrina & Russell are available on site the day of. They will answer and questions throughout your wedding planning. Cabins are available to stay in afterwards. A fire pit is there to hang out & continue the celebrations. A yummy breakfast is delivered in the am if you spend the night in cabins. Every part of Wolf Oak Aces is wonderful. They is not any other place I’d rather celebrate my marriage than this place. I have nothing but praise for this place & the owners.

Sent on 07/01/2019
    Wolf Oak Acres 13
    Wolf Oak Acres 14
    Wolf Oak Acres 15

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your day and memories with us! We hope you and Rob have a wonderful future together and will keep us updated on your upcoming life adventures! Best wishes to the family!!!

Shannon · Married on 06/08/2019

The venue was absolutely beautiful!

Wolf oak acres is absolutely beautiful and am amazing. It was everything I dreamed off for my wedding

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Wolf Oak Acres 16
    Wolf Oak Acres 17
    Wolf Oak Acres 18

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

You had a perfect day! and Hastings Photography did an amazing job with your photos! What a perfect way to capture such beautiful memories! WE can't thank you enough for spending with us! Best wishes for all of the adventures you'll share ahead!

Kayla · Married on 06/07/2019

Hands down the best place in CNY to have your wedding. 12/10 rating

Sent on 06/18/2018

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

Thank you Kayla! You and Kyle have such an amazing family! I'm so glad you were all able to stay here at the cottages, and enjoy your family and friends during your wedding! You were all absolutely amazing - and we were ecstatic to be part of so many memories! Please be sure to send along some pics - You're dad's surprise horse and carriage was such a beautiful touch to the day! Stay in touch - and best wishes for a truly blessed journey and adventure together!!!!

Karyn Schoeck · Married on 05/25/2019

AMAZING Venue and Cabins

This is an amazing venue and everything was perfect! From the planning, to catering, to set up, Katrina and Russell are there every step of the way. I would recommend this venue to any of my friends and family in a heart beat. The cabins were awesome as well, clean and fully stocked so we could do anything we needed too. Anything we forgot, Katrina and Russell had at hand for us. Made it for a perfect day.

Sent on 05/26/2019

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

Loved having you all here! What a beautiful family you both have!
    It was wonderful to meet them all - and hope you'll be sending us pics soon, as well as updating us on that honeymoon! Sounds like you'll be having tons of memories to be made! Enjoy!
    Katrina & Russell

Danielle · Married on 10/21/2018

Best Day Ever!

Wolf Oak Acres was the best decision we made for our wedding, Getting married in October is risky and this venue was perfect for either an indoor or outdoor ceremony. Due to snow, the ceremony was inside and was absolutely beautiful. We were still able to get photos outside on their stunning land. The venue itself has a perfect set-up for ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner/reception. We received so many compliments about our choice of venue. Katrina and Russ were great to work with. Communication prior to the wedding was always timely. Russ drove us throughout the property for our photos to stay warm. We also rented several cabins for the weekend which were clean, comfy, and very convenient. I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants incredible scenery, beautiful rustic ceremonies/receptions, and awesome people to work with! Good not have asked for a better wedding day!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

Chris & Danielle - Thank you so much ! You had such a beautiful family and ended up with a beautiful (albeit cold!) day with gorgeous flowers and decor that you all brought in! We were honored to host you - and glad you were able to take advantage of the property and cottages during your time here! Best wishes - as I know you had plans for a quick family expansion! We would love to see all of your pictures and be kept in the loop on all of the adventures that will soon be coming your way!
    Katrina & Russell

Courtney Van Dyne · Married on 10/19/2018

Courtney and Benjamin

Honestly, everything was perfect. Katrina was very helpful and quick to respond. Our wedding was itinerary wise very flexible and some thing we subjected to change (ie. Toasts, garder/flower toss, introductions ect.) Ben and I weren't sure how much we wanted to incorporate and how much we just wanted to mingle- and Katrina and Russell were flexible on that which made everything much easier on us. The venue was beautiful and had plenty of space for all our guests. The biggest most important thing to us was space and hook ups for our cater, which was Silo Food Truck. Wolf oak acres accommidations allowed an awesome set up for the truck and for guests to easily access them.

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Wolf Oak Acres 26
  • Jenna

Jenna Rosky · Married on 10/12/2018

Incredible venue!

When we were shopping for a venue we knew the style we wanted, so we decided to set up a tour. When we arrived for our tour Kartina greeted us like we were family, she spent 3 hours with us and showed us the entire property with all the different marriage sites and all the beautiful land. We knew when we left that was our venue. We booked right away and couldn’t have been more excited! Katrina was there for the entire planning process through emails nd text, and Russel was always avayfor questions as well! They really went above and beyond for us. The day of the wedding they helped us take care of everything from transporting guests to making sure everything was on schedule even helping us take our decorations back to the cabins we rented for the night. The cabins were also so convenient and beautiful! I would honestly recommend them and their venue to anyone looking for a beautiful barn wedding with beautiful scenery and wonderful outstanding owners! I can’t say enough positive things about Katrina and Russel and there hard work with this beautiful and amazing venue!!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Jenna & Brent-
    Thank you for taking the time to send us such amazing compliments! Your videographer just shared his footage of your day - and all I can say is "wow!" You two had an incredible event, wonderful family, and lots of memories that were made! We truly hope this is the beginning of many wonderous and joyful years ahead for you two - and we certainly wish you the best on your next chapter together! Please be sure to stay in touch and let us know how those journeys unfold - and we expect you to be back to visit and keep in touch with your updates!

Erin · Married on 08/18/2018

Katrina and Russ at Wolf Oak Acres went above and beyond in every aspect to make our wedding spectacular. In addition to the breathtaking venue, they were there assisting every step of the way in any way they could. We also stayed in the cabins which were equally as beautiful. Breakfast was delivered to our door the following morning and was hot and delicious! They were an absolute pleasure to work with and I would recommend Wolf Oak Acres over and over again!
    Thank you again for all of your hard work to make our day amazing!!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Robin · Married on 07/14/2018

My son and his bride just had the most beautiful and magical wedding at Wolf Oak Acres on 7/14/18. Tanya Keller was their wedding coordinator and she also deserves 5 stars! We stayed in the cabins 2 nights and they were so comfortably air conditioned and perfect for all the grandparents, parents and wedding party. They chose to say their vows by the pond and it was spectacular. I highly reccomend this venue and Tanya Keller to any couple looking for a great venue that's located in a beautiful setting. Russ and Katrina were fantastic hosts and helpful through the entire planning process!! Robin Scholla

Sent on 07/17/2018

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

Thank you so much Robin! Russell was thrilled with the families and how smooth everything went - and having Tanya just made it spectacular! I wish i wasn't out of commission at the hospital during this one! I'm just glad to have been part of it all leading up to the big day! We appreciate you leaving a review for us - and certainly wish Angelica and Christopher the most memorable adventures ahead! Best wishes to you all!

Kimberly · Married on 06/08/2018

I couldn’t have dream of such an amazing place to get married at. When I first saw the place I fell in love with it and I knew that no other place would come close to this. There is no bad spot on the property. My husband and I got married in front of the pond. I loved the fact that I was able to get married by water and not have to deal with sand ??. There is endless ideas and spots to do pictures. My husband and I loved working with Katrina and Russell. They were willing to help out in any way they could and answer any questions about the place or give you good ideas on vender to use. If you choose Wolf Oak Acres as your venue, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

Kimberly... thank you and Giovanni along with your families for sharing your special day with us! You had a picture perfect day! It was amazing meeting so many family members ( especially those flying in from Italy!) we wish you both the best and hope you have a life full of wonderful adventures together!

Kate · Married on 05/27/2018

Russell and Katrina were absolutely wonderful during our entire wedding experience. From the first phone call I had with Katrina, she was beyond helpful and excited and supportive. I knew that these were the people I wanted to work with for my wedding. Not to mention the actual venue and grounds are gorgeous! Both Russell and Katrina were very responsive and attentive to our needs -very quick to respond to phone calls and emails. And for a bride that needed some help and guidance both for planning as well as on the big day, they were very gentle and respectful in their suggestions -trying to guide me, but ultimately leaving the final decision up to me. Russell and Katrina work very hard to make sure everything runs smoothly. I cannot say enough good things about our wedding at Wolf Oak Acres -we had so much fun and everything was perfect!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Kate & Michael-
    Thank you along with the Pritchard and Kelly families for sharing such a beautiful day with us! It was such a pleasure having you for the wedding and overnight at the cottages for your event! From Seymours , cny party planner, and all of the other vendors - the day was stunning and ran so smoothly! You put together an excellent team - and we are so happy that you were thrilled with how things went! We hope you'll share some of Heather Skye's photos and keep us updated with your new adventures as a married couple!

David · Married on 05/19/2018

My wife and I had our wedding here this past May and it was amazing. Russel and Katrina are making improvement every year to the venue which just makes it that more customizable! I know some people get scared with a DIY wedding venue, however the venue offers tons of suggestions on how to do it best as well as a list of vendors from all different price ranges to help. They even have in house decorations to make it cheaper as well. Even the clean up was smooth, all you need to do is take out what you bring in otherwise they have cleaners that handle everything else. But all in all this venue is so unique and special you can not go wrong.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Erica · Married on 05/05/2018

I am going to be very honest. I was obsessed with this venue from the first time I saw it online. I loved all the pictures and loved that they had water onsite. After looking into the venue some more it was out of the price range I had in mind. I went to visit it anyway and Ms. Katrina's tour was so detailed and the venue was so beautiful we decided that we had to go for it. It was the single best decision we made. The fact that the indoor ceremony site was all set up until an hour before the outdoor wedding gave me such a piece of mind. The indoor ceremony space would have made a gorgeous wedding, but I got my dream of getting married by water (the pond on the property). When you book this venue you get so much more than the building. The owners were so amazingly helpful planning and leading up to the big day. On the wedding day itself, they were basically my wedding planners. I could not have asked for more helpful and attentive owners. They also have a bunch of decorations we were able to use to save some money. My husband and I stayed on site in the cottage the night after the wedding. It's so relaxing to know you are just going up the hill when you are exhausted after the big day! Katrina and Russell, Matt and I and our families cannot thank you enough!!!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2017

This review is only for our tour/visit around the property. Our (finally booked!) wedding is not until 2017. We are in love with the venue but what really caused us to jump on a date and book was Katrina. If you are getting married in CNY and do not know Katrina, then you really need to make time to go see her and her venue. She is a book of knowledge of the wedding industry and she has worked with many vendors in the Syracuse, Rome, Utica areas. Not only can she give you many recommendations, but she also provides hints on how to spot hidden costs and how to read in between the lines of vendor contracts. She also preps you with questions to ask vendors that I had not even thought of. This was even after reading blog after blog of questions to ask etc. Not only are you getting someone that cares, but you are getting a beautiful venue with many great photo opportunities. You also have the ability to make it your own with your choice of caterer, no decoration restrictions, and more. We were blown away after our visit and we were lucky enough to snatch up one of her last Saturday's! If you are on the fence I recommend you visiting for the information she can provide alone. Thanks Katrina for making us feel excited and secure with our booking!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

THank you! WE certainly love what we do, and are excited to have you and your families coming to join us! We want you to have one of the most memorable days, and are excited we can be part of it!

Stacey · Married on 10/13/2017

This venue is nothing short of amazing! We held our wedding in the fall and the location of the venue provides so many beautiful fall colors as the backdrop and romantic atmosphere. There are many locations to hold your ceremony and give yourself flexibility if the weather doesn't cooperate. The interior is just as beautifully and the new cabins located on the property are a dream! The owners of the venue are extremely helpful and were even present on our wedding day to provide tips and assistance as I navigated through the process without a wedding planner. I received so many compliments from my wedding guests about the venue and they definitely could see why I chose to have the wedding here even though it was a drive for most. I only wish I had more needs for a large venue so I could host at this location!

Sent on 11/20/2017
    Wolf Oak Acres 27

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

Stacey - Thank you so much for leaving a heartwarming review for us! You and Todd put on a fantastic and beautiful intimate affair! We were certainly honored to be part of it! We hope you'll be back for future events!

Brienna · Married on 09/16/2017

The staff at wolf oak acres is amazing! They do everything they can to make sure your day is perfect! && the venue ❤️❤️ Amazing! It's absolutely beautiful and everything you could dream of and hope for on your special day!

Sent on 12/06/2017
    Wolf Oak Acres 28
    Wolf Oak Acres 29
    Wolf Oak Acres 30

Lauryn · Married on 09/15/2017

Katrina and Russ were beyond outstanding! When I was looking at venues I had just gotten engaged and had to plan a hometown wedding from Tennessee. I was home for a week and had to get the major steps completed, so I was extremely overwhelmed. When I met Katrina and saw what she and her husband had to offer, I knew this was it; I cancelled all of my other visits and put a down payment on my date that day. Katrina knows everything there is to know about wedding planning and pulling everything together. She was unbelievably helpful throughout the planning process and on the day of, she and her husband were there every step of the way. The work they continue to put into their space is nothing short of magical as well! The upgrades they did between my initial visit and the day of were amazing! They never stop striving to make Wolf Oak Acres the best! I am beyond grateful for them and for allowing us to share the most magical day filled with so much love and joy with them. I do not wish for a second we could’ve gotten married anywhere else and encourage those looking for a venue to make Wolf Oak one of the first stops on your list! It is so much more than just a “barn wedding”!

Sent on 01/11/2018
    Wolf Oak Acres 35
    Wolf Oak Acres 36
    Wolf Oak Acres 37

Lauryn & Chad-

You had a beautiful event , and just like we told you - there were no reasons to ever stress! You put together a perfect dream team who were some of the best professionals in the area to worry about those details for you! I'm so happy for you two and your families! We certainly hope you were able to have your first Christmas and holiday season together as Mr & Mrs Couture as the most memorable ! Hope to see some of your pics soon - and be sure to stay in touch! We love hearing how all of our couples are doing and the adventures you have in store!

Lindsay · Married on 09/02/2017

I fell in love with Wolf Oak Acres the first moment I visited. It is truly the most beautiful venue I have ever seen. I knew this is where I wanted to get married. The owners were accommodating and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. They offered the use of their rustic decorations free of charge and recommended vendors in the local areas. The day of our wedding they went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and details were in order. I would highly recommend this venue not only for the gorgeous barn and landscape, but because you would have a great team standing behind you along the way.

Sent on 10/24/2017
    Wolf Oak Acres 38
    Wolf Oak Acres 39
    Wolf Oak Acres 40
    Wolf Oak Acres 41
    Wolf Oak Acres 42

Ashley · Married on 08/25/2017

Email and ask as many questions as you like, they were great with a quick and helpful response. They also were great with suggestions for other vendors from food, cake, booze etc!! Both Katrina and her husband Russ were fantastic with day of planning and moving things along!!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

Thank you Ashley! We certainly hope that you , Will and all of the family had an amazing time! Please be sure to stay in touch and we'd love to see your pictures! Best wishes for an amazing new beginning and journey!

Patricia · Married on 08/06/2017

Can't say enough about Katrina and WOA. Just one small gesture that captures it all: as the mother of the bride, I was at the outdoor wedding site supervising and it was a very sunny hot day. I asked Katrina where back at the barn I could get a drink of water and she told me. I of course got sidetracked and never made it to the barn; next thing I knew there was Katrina handing me a cold bottle of water she'd taken the time (with all she had to do) to get for me. I was so grateful!

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Wolf Oak Acres 43

Alexandra · Married on 05/28/2017

If you are in search of a beautiful picturesque barn wedding - look no further. The property is stunning with numerous options of an outside ceremony and the option of an incredible inside ceremony. This venue truly has it all. The owners are not only generous and accommodating - but they are armed with so much knowledge on how to help make your wedding exactly as you see it. My husband's family traveled from Long Island and New Jersey and have never been to a venue like this - but they were BLOWN AWAY by the beauty. Additionally, my college friends spent the evening at one of the cabins on the property and truly enjoyed their stay. You cannot go wrong choosing this as your wedding day venue!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Wolf Oak Acres's reply:

We were certainly grateful to have you all here! It's wonderful to have such great families join us here and share in our property and your event! Please be sure to keep in touch and share your pics and stories with us! Everyone loves to see the numerous ways and ideas each family has for decorating and style when it comes to their wedding day! Stay in touch and thank you again!