Woldumar Nature Center Reviews

Woldumar Nature Center 2
Woldumar Nature Center 3

Saya · Married on 02/10/2019

Winter wedding

It was very beautiful winter wedding there at Woldumar! Victoria is very kind and flexible to help us out!! We were worried to have the wedding in the winter time but it actually turned to a beautiful snow wedding. The barn was very warm and cozy. There are many nice places to take photos too.
    We definitely recommend Woldumar Nature Center for wedding events!
    Thank you Woldumar!

Sent on 02/23/2019
    Woldumar Nature Center 4

Woldumar Nature Center's reply:

Thanks for writing this review Saya. It was lovely hosting your special event! You and Justin were so great to work with and you had such a beautiful and cozy wedding.
    We're thrilled it turned out to be everything you wanted!
    Best of luck to you both, feel free to come back to hike the trails anytime.

Ellyn Delpier · Married on 12/15/2018

Winter Reception

We had our reception at Woldumar in December 2018. They we're great to work with and our reception turned out beautiful! Amazing place ❤

Sent on 02/21/2019
    Woldumar Nature Center 5

Woldumar Nature Center's reply:

It was such an honor to host your reception, Ellyn. Everything turned out so beautifully. You and your helpers did an amazing job with the flowers. Thank you for the review. Wishing you and Tanner a lifetime of happiness.

Rob · Married on 10/20/2018

Rob and Lizz Nowak’s wedding

Woldumar hosted our beautiful wedding. It was the absolute most perfect venue. So much natural beauty and very little needed to be done to make it the perfect place for our big night. All of our guests commented on how perfect of a venue it was. Victoria went the extra mile in helping in anyway she could and always making herself available.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Hi Rob,

It was an absolute pleasure hosting you and Lizz's wedding! I will never forget your energetic personalities when we braved the freezing rain for your photo tour or all the amazing fall decorations you both created. You two really made the space your own and it was truly a magical day.
    Best of luck and feel free to visit us anytime!

Lynette · Married on 07/21/2018

The venue was beautiful and Victoria was so helpful and great to work with! She immediately answered all of my questions. The venue is not climate controlled so guests should dress accordingly.

Sent on 08/07/2018

Carol · Married on 06/23/2018

My daughter got married at Woldumar in June. The ceremony was in the amphitheater and the reception in the main barn. It was a beautiful and flawless event! We were incredibly pleased with Victoria! She is very knowledgeable and helped us tremendously. I would highly recommend Woldumar Nature Center for ANY future event you may be planning. We just can’t praise the hard work the staff put in to make our event successful! Thanks Victoria!!

Sent on 08/08/2018

jessica · Married on 04/28/2018

If you are looking for a rustic barn wedding, I highly recommend Woldumar. Victoria was very helpful throughout the whole planning process. She answered all of my questions. The venue is just beautiful. We saved a ton on decorations as not much is needed.

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Woldumar Nature Center 6

Sarah · Married on 01/13/2018

Victoria was absolutely amazing! We had seven weeks to plan our wedding and she made our experience so much easier to handle. The day of the wedding she even came over early and set up our linens and pictures for us! The venue is absolutely beautiful! Having a second floor for kids to play and extra room for vendors was very convenient. Victoria built a wonderful relationship with us, and if we could do it all over again we wouldn’t change a thing about it, except for our alcohol services they were awful. We highly recommend having your event at Woldumar. <3

Sent on 01/25/2018

Jacquelyn · Married on 10/21/2017

Victoria and her team were always very responsive, flexible, and a pleasure to work with. Our outdoor ceremony space had lots of natural beauty, and the reception barn and lawn provided plenty of room for our guests to spread out and explore. We had several "non-traditional" elements for our wedding, and were so happy to find a venue that not only accommodated our requests but has a staff who were truly enthusiastic about our unusual ideas! I would recommend Woldumar Nature Center for their beautiful grounds and amazing staff ready to help put together your ideal wedding - whatever that may be!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Hi Jacquelyn,
    We are so happy you loved your experience with us! It was a pleasure being a part of your special day! Your unique elements and creative ideas were fantastic and really enhanced the space. Thank you for the lovely review and best of luck to you! Please feel free to come back and visit us anytime!

Megan · Married on 09/02/2017

This venue is absolutely beautiful and the staff was great! I had an intern for the day of contact, which didn't seem nearly as passionate about the experience, but Victoria is amazing!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Hi Megan,
    We are so happy you loved your experience with us! It was our pleasure to help plan your big day!
    I know our intern was a little nervous when it came to working weddings alone, so perhaps her nerves came off as unenthusiastic. She had nothing but great things to say about your big day upon my post honeymoon return.

Katie · Married on 08/05/2017

Woldumar was great! Victoria was always responsive and her staff the weekend of the wedding were great! The staff was always around for any questions. I would definitely recommend this venue to nature lovers looking for a low key venue. You will want to have helpers with your set up and take down of decorations. My family and friends were extremely helpful, so this venue worked great for us. We did the extra services package for the rehearsal dinner onsite, extra set up time on Friday, and extra take down time on Sunday. We received many compliments from guests on how great the nature center and really fit us. I loved our ceremony site at Walnut Glen. The use of the golfcart for my grandma was greatly appreciated to get her to and from the ceremony site.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Hi Katie,
    We are so happy you loved your experience with us! It was a pleasure being a part of your special day! Thank you for the great review and best of luck to you! Please feel free to come back and visit us anytime!

Erica · Married on 06/04/2016

We had our wedding at Woldumar last weekend and loved it. We had so many compliments from our guests. The ceremony was at Walnut Glen Amphitheater. My dress had a train and I didn't want wood chips stuck in it, so we put an aisle runner down the trail to the wooden platform and it worked out well- we were able to leave the aisle runner there the whole day until the ceremony in the early evening. We also had some older folks and were able to bring a couple chairs down to the site so they didn't have to sit on the benches. We had the reception in RE Olds Barn. It came with twinkle lights and paper lanterns so we didn't have to worry about a lot of other decorations. Victoria, the wedding coordinator, took us on a photo golf cart tour of the property (lasting about an hour) and it was the best part of the day. Victoria knew all of the beautiful spots for pictures. Victoria was very personable and friendly. Our bridal party enjoyed working with her.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Kersti · Married on 08/30/2014

We held our ceremony outdoors at Woldumar Nature Center, followed by cocktail hour outside of the barn, and our reception was held in the RE Olds Anderson Rotary Barn. The Nature Center is non-profit and is not around just for weddings, so if you are okay with doing a lot of the work yourself this is one amazing place to hold a wedding. The event coordinator is quick to answer questions and provide information, and the coordinator that helped us the day of was incredibly helpful. She helped with any issues we had, was around at all times and made the day run very smoothly. This venue is beautiful, so if you are interested in something unique that you can make your own, this is the place.

Sent on 09/13/2014

Monica · Married on 10/17/2013

My husband and I just got married at Woldumar last week and it was AMAZING! Everything looked so beautiful. We live in Los Angeles and Kevin and Lauren made planning the wedding so much easier. They were quick to respond to any questions I had and when we were in town were accommodating any time we wanted to come look at the site again. Their crew set everything up exactly how we wanted and even the night security was great! It rained on my wedding and we couldn't use the Walnut Glen location like we had wanted but the barn was amazing for both the wedding and reception. And after the ceremony, when the rain cleared, Kevin took my husband and I and our photographer around to some gorgeous sites for photos. It's an amazing property and I would not only come back just to hike or enjoy the site I would recommend it to any future bride looking for an awesome location!

Sent on 10/24/2013

jillian · Married on 06/10/2017

Woldumar was perfect. Victoria and her staff were professional, helpful, kind, and extremely flexible to our quirky requests. Not to mention the grounds were absolutely beautiful. Everyone tells you, "expect something to go wrong on your wedding day." Well ours was perfect. Not one hiccup or flaw. It was truly my dream wedding.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Woldumar Nature Center's reply:

We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us! It was our pleasure assisting you on your big day! Thank you for the review and best of luck to you! Please feel free to come back and visit us anytime!

Kayla · Married on 06/02/2018

Woldumar was my absolute dream wedding location. We had our ceremony out in the woods at the Walnut Glen Ampitheatre then our reception in the old barn. Victoria was SO easy to work with and dealt very well with this bridezilla ;) she emails back quickly and is helpful when trying to decide on things.
    The only negatives about this venue is that the barn did not have air conditioning and they could not take down the saws that are on the wall in the barn. But honestly, that day everything was so beautiful I don’t think anyone even noticed.

I can’t say enough positive things about this place. My husband and I can’t wait to come back and walk the trails and reminisce ??

Sent on 06/15/2018

Colleen · Married on 05/12/2018

Beautiful place for a wedding! The barn is so pretty that it makes decorating simple!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2017

This was a wonderful experience. They are professional and helpful every step of the way. Deffinately would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Tasha · Married on 09/23/2017

Woldumar Nature Center was great! They were very flexible with my needs and were able to accommodate last minute changes. The staff communicated well throughout the process. I wish they had a bigger refrigerator where we could have stored more ice and extra beverages. Someone had to go pick up more ice during the reception. My only other concern was the add-ons for services like coming in the night before to decorate.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 09/09/2017

Woldumar is the ideal venue for budget-conscious nature lovers. We loved that they use weddings to help fund environmental interpretive and education programs! Our ceremony in the Walnut Glen was everything we wanted and more, and the reception area in the barn barely requires additional decor as it is already beautiful! All of our guests complimented us on the beauty of the location, both indoors and out. We loved the flexibility of being able to find our own vendors. I had some TIPS-certified friends bartend, made our own reception and dance playlists and hooked my phone into the speakers, and was able to find an allergy-friendly catering company to accommodate our guests dietary needs. I highly recommend doing the photo golf cart tour and the on-site rehearsal dinner - the dinner was low-key, and the photos from around the property are breathtaking. Victoria is also great to work with, incredibly responsive and so professional.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Hi Elizabeth,

We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us! It was truly a pleasure. Thank you for the lovely review and best of luck to you! Please feel free to come back and visit us anytime!

Michelle · Married on 10/22/2016

We worked with Victoria, the Woldumar wedding coordinator, throughout the planning process. She was excellent at promptly answering all of our questions and was very accommodating as far as meeting times since we weren't local. We had a perfect rustic fall wedding at Woldumar Nature Center. We had our ceremony at the Walnut Glen Amphitheater. It was the perfect choice for my husband and I since we are both "nature lovers". We had our reception in the barn and you couldn't ask for a more beautiful pace to hold a reception. We got sooooo many compliments about both the ceremony and reception locations. We did do some additional decorating, not because it needed it, but just because I had some DIY projects that I wanted to incorporate. I loved that I was able to chose my own vendors for everything...the bartender, the carter, the linen company, etc. This allows you to be budget conscious throughout the process. The venue also offers lots of different add ons (at an additional cost) including a bonfire, extra time to set-up or tear-down, or golf cart tours. We are very happy we chose Woldumar, but there were a couple of hiccups on the day of. I really wish we could have gotten into the barn a little earlier then 10 am. It makes the morning of a little hectic. Also, we added on a photo golf cart tour as well as a cocktail hour golf cart tour for our guests. The golf cart company never delivered the golf cart, so we weren't able to have either of these. The staff handled the situation professionally and refunded our money, but it was still a big disappointment. Overall, I would highly recommend the Woldumar Nature Center if you are looking for a beautiful, natural, rustic venue.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Nikki · Married on 10/12/2016

Victoria and her staff we great! As nature lovers, this was exactly the type of venue we wanted for our wedding. I had a very fun, laid back feel and everyone was able to have a great time!

Sent on 11/08/2017

K · Married on 07/23/2016

We were very pleased with our ceremony and reception at Woldumar! The event coordinator, Victoria, was very accommodating, answered all my questions, and was flexible to my schedule - as we were planning the wedding long-distance. The barn is a great reception site and without any additional hanging decorations it was beautiful! That being said, there are a lot of DIY details you can add to make it a very "classy casual" event. Compared to a lot of other venues, Woldumar is very affordable. Due to little details here and there, it is evident that weddings are not it's primary function, but that wasn't an issue for us (the coordinator's assistant was in shorts and a t-shirt to greet guests, the golf cart to transport guests was a very exhausty/fumey cart, etc.). On the day-of, I think staff could be more pro-active about helping guests find the ceremony site or interacting with guests at all, but it went smoothly because I had lots of helpers from the guest list. Lastly, it was very hot on the wedding day (record highs in Lansing, lucky us!) but Woldumar rented a portable A/C unit at no additional cost. It didn't seem to do a whole lot but the wedding was a blast anyway.

Overall, I think Woldumar is a great value. Some of the advantages over other venues and why we picked Woldumar:
    -You can pick any caterer you want (many sites have specific ones that really ramp up the prices for weddings)
    -The natural landscaping does 99% of the decor for you! The blooming trees and green grasses were perfect
    -Staff does set-up and tear-down of equipment like tables/chairs

Sent on 08/22/2016

3.5

Woldumar provided table set-up & lighting décor, options for vendors, Bridal Suite, golf cart assistance to and from ceremony site.
    Victoria Churchill, venue coordinator assisted promptly with all questions, concerns, along with openness to walk through the venue as needed. The venue options at Woldumar Nature Center are endless to make it your own unique experience.
    Make sure that you have willing family & friends (or vendors) to assist in the set up & break down of the ceremony and reception areas. Anything can be done with a great village.
    The golf cart picture tour was wonderful - having time after the ceremony with my husband and I, photographer & Victoria guiding us through the nature trails was a perfect touch.
    Woldumar Nature Center & Victoria Churchill, venue coordinator has been a pleasure to work with & is highly recommended to any Bride who is looking for a naturally beautiful wedding.

Sent on 01/22/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/23/2010

Woldumar Nature Center staff was very helpful and flexible. We were in and out setting up and cleaning up Friday-Sunday and they were very helpful the entire time. The location is so lovely, with tons of great photo spots on the trails. For the price and the flexibility of being able to bring in your own vendors, Woldumar is unbeatable!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Sara · Married on 05/28/2016

I would definitely recommend Woldumar to any couple looking to use it as a wedding/reception venue, or really to anyone looking to use Woldumar as a venue for any type of event. Victoria (and all of the staff) were amazing. They definitely all went above and beyond to make our day special! The barn was so beautifully decorated that we didn't need any decorations on the upper floor, with the twinkle lights.

Sent on 06/10/2016