WithinSodo Reviews

WithinSodo 2
WithinSodo 3
WithinSodo 4

Within Sodo was amazing.

Such a unique Seattle Venue that has an Urban rustic feel. It definitely is a blank space that you can put your own creative and personal twist on. I did not want a typical wedding venue and so many places that we looked at had so many restrictions. Within Sodo said yes to everything. As long as we could create it and clean it up, we could do it :)

It was easy to communicate to Brian the manager, and the space was a perfect setting for the fun, elegant, urban and eclectic reception that we wanted to create.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Kelli · Married on 12/13/2014

Not only did my husband and I meet at Within Sodo at a mutual friends wedding, we also decided to get married at Within Sodo! If you love the industrial look with the exposed brick, concrete flooring and not to mention the AMAZING view of the city, this venue will exceed your expectations. The manager, Brian, was super cool and relaxed to work with, which I totally appreciated with the chaos of everything else. He was very responsive to our emails and made the planning process very easy. We loved the fact that you can bring in your own alcohol and catering company as well. You do not find that with many venues around Seattle. We highly recommend Within Sodo!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Jodi · Married on 08/09/2014

We rented the entire venue for 12 hours. Brian was usually on site for any questions or last-minute measurements. He also was very good with email correspondence. He was there the day of the event to help things run smoothly, which was much appreciated. The venue itself is a stunningly remodeled warehouse in the SODO area of Seattle. It's got lovely raw exposed woods paired with rustic steel beams and modern flares. The rooftop deck has a lovely view of the city. It was really nice not having a noise ordinance to worry about as we celebrated into the early hours. Because this is just a venue, it allows one to design their event/wedding to their pleasing without having to settle. We wanted street food trucks, and it's amazing how many venues will only allow you to use their in-house services.

Sent on 02/10/2015

Great venue. So beautiful that it hardly needs any decorations. Wonderful!

Sent on 07/30/2013

I attended an event when Within Sodo opened a few years ago and I just knew that I would get married there. It had the perfect blend of quirk and industrial elements that my husband loves but was still enough of a blank canvas that you can tailor it to fit your vision. When my husband and I began the process of looking for a venue for our wedding, we checked out a few other venues but Within Sodo was perfect for what we wanted. We were even able to use the rooftop deck during our January wedding since they have a fire place and space heaters up there. Our guests loved going up to the roof to have a drink and take in the amazing views of the city. We loved that we were able to bring in our own vendors, food and alcohol… they even let us bring our black lab!!! (She was our flower girl/ring bearer). Brian, the manager, was super easy to work with. He allowed us to do a walk through with all of our vendors the month prior to our wedding, which was incredibly helpful to get everyone on the same page during the planning process.

Sent on 04/17/2015

Jordan · Married on 09/13/2014

I got married at Within Sodo on 9/13/2014 and it was fantastic. We had great weather and were able to use the rooftop deck for cocktail hour, which I highly recommend. We had 100 guests and rented only the rooftop, lounge, and ballroom, which was exactly enough space to feel intimate but not cramped. We used the ballroom for dinner and had three long banquet tables which fit everyone perfectly. I highly recommend banquet tables to anyone dining in the ballroom because it fits so well and also feels more comfortable and laid back than rounds sometimes feel, also everyone can chat easily and pass food around. We had Skillet as our caterer and did family style dinner which also worked great with the long tables. Overall Within Sodo made our wedding special. It's so unique and eclectic, and the view from the rooftop is amazing. Brian is easy to work with and super responsive. I highly recommend booking Within Sodo to anyone wanting a fun urban wedding.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Bekah · Married on 08/18/2018

Very unique space, love the flexibility!

We recently got married at Within Sodo. The space is so unique and mixes modern with classic romantic building material. Our wedding was in August and despite there not being central air conditioning in the building it was not as issue AT ALL. I wouldn't worry about that. We had 75 guests attend and it was the most perfect size. We so enjoyed having the flexibility of all the different rooms which separated the space for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Adam and Brian were both very fun to work with and helped us tailor our beverage package to fit our needs exactly. Highly recommend using them for bar-tending needs if getting married here. The only reason I am giving the review 4 stars was there was some concern of the cleanliness of the space, very very minor. As well as the address also dropped off guests in the rear of the building but this wasn't that big of a deal if you have someone to redirect them where they need to be. Once that was addressed everything turned out beautiful. Definitely check out the space!

Sent on 10/22/2018
    WithinSodo 5
    WithinSodo 6
    WithinSodo 7
    WithinSodo 8

Nicole · Married on 08/27/2016

What an amazing venue! This place was PERFECT for having an indoor/outdoor wedding. The rooftop deck is the perfect place to hang out and enjoy the weather but if it's cold or rainy, you have most the venue indoors. The decor is great (industrial) so you don't need to add much. Brian and Amy were SO responsive and helpful and are true professionals. The only downside is you have to bring everything in ie: outside rentals for tables, chairs etc. They do have their own bar program now but I think catering still must be down via an outside vendor. I liked being able to bring everything together with my own personal taste, but it makes for a little more coordinating. If I had to do it all over again, I'd still definitely choose Within Sodo!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Adam · Married on 10/12/2014

As beautiful as the photos look of the venue, it really is even better in person. We actually booked the venue sight unseen since we don't live in the area and were very impressed when we were able to visit. The roofdeck has amazing views of the city -- ideal for the ceremony and cocktail reception. It's great at night when the cafe lights are on. The indoor space is intimate and unique. Just a terrific, modern looking venue overall. We had about 100 guests, seated at 12 60" circular tables in the ballroom. In general, a huge plus is the amount of flexibility offered by Within Sodo in terms of layout, decorations, and vendors.

Brian, the manager, is pretty easy to work with and responsive via email. I think there's a huge benefit to having vendors who have worked at Within Sodo before because knowing the flow and layout really makes things go smoother. It can get a little warm in there during the dancing -- even in October. Great space. Great location. Great memories.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Abuna · Married on 07/18/2014

Great venue in the heart of Sodo, close to downtown. The rooftop is really nice.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/24/2014

3.6
      3.5

We chose Within Sodo for our wedding because my fiance's cousin had her reception there and we fell in love with the building. It is a very cool space, and doesn't require much decoration if you don't want to deal with that. A huge thing for us was getting to choose our own catering, which is very very hard to find for a wedding venue! Within Sodo lets you use whatever caterer you want. Brian, the manager, is very friendly and helpful, I just wish there was more schedule flexibility to do a venue visit.

The rooftop deck is amazing, and there is just so much you can do with the whole space. It's truly a blank canvas to do whatever you want! The only downside to that is you have to provide your own tables/chairs/linens, etc so you will have to factor that in to the cost.

One issue I had was I paid for an extra hour so people could go in and start setting up earlier, but when they showed up they weren't able to get in until about a half hour after they arrived.. I'm still not sure what actually happened there.

All in all its a great place, my uncle said he even plans on having his reception there!

Good tip for the venue though: it is great that you are updating the space (adding the lights on the roof, adding extra bathrooms, etc) but I worry that you might lose sight of the details. Comparing from a couple years ago, the venue does not look nearly as clean as it did. I really hope the mandatory cleaning fees are actually being used to clean the venue between events!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Alexandra · Married on 06/21/2013

2.5
      2.5
      2.0
      3.0

We absolutely loved our venue choice for our wedding last month. It was perfect for us! The deck was so popular with our guests and was the perfect spot for our first look and pictures! We booked it a year in advance and it turned out to be cheaper and nicer than our original choice of Georgetown Ballroom! The only downside is that the main contact for the venue was a huge grouch...difficult to get ahold of, never remembered our names, and generally just difficult to deal with. Our wedding planner was amazing and acted as our contact with him so I didn't deal with him much...but when I did he was unpleasant. Also, they told us for months that we could do the rehearsal there the night before the wedding, then 2 weeks before they changed their minds and still tried to charge us for the rehearsal time. Definitely wasn't an issue that was big enough to change our minds about the location because we loved that deck so much, just wanted to mention it! All in all, it was a beautiful venue and gave us a lot for our money, despite a few headaches.

Sent on 11/04/2013