With These Rings Reviews

71 | Port Townsend, WA

71 Reviews for With These Rings

• Ruby

Ruby Wishnietsky · Getting married on 10/10/2020

I can't believe we made our own rings!

The experience of planning a wedding can make you feel like an artist, a teacher, and an accountant all in one: trying to explain your personalities, your relationship, and what you want out of the celebration while also managing the budget, the schedule, the guest list... (sigh)
    With These Rings gave us a much-appreciated break from that stress by creating an opportunity for a weekend away together, and a day of physically creating the symbol of our marriage. We decided to make each other's rings, and it was a wonderful reminder of the craftsmanship and work that goes into the life we're creating together, as well as how to check in with each other along the way so that we both come away with what we want and need.
    Stephanie was fantastic throughout the whole process, from scheduling to fine-tuning the size of our finished rings. We really appreciate how she carefully instructed and demonstrated each step, but then stepped back and let us get immersed in the process. When there was something that we were unsure about or struggled with, she was kind and helpful, and always asked if we wanted verbal direction, or for her to lend her experienced hand.
    We are so happy with our rings, and feel proud that our hands created them, and with Stephanie's help, in a sustainable way that we can feel good about!

Sent on 02/13/2020
  • MegCam

MegCam · Getting married on 09/26/2020

Awesome Experience!

My fiance had a blast making our rings and would recommend it to anyone! Not only was the experience itself fun, but making each other's rings gives them extra special meaning. Stephanie is great at breaking down the steps so that, especially if you're not crafty, you'll be shocked at how beautiful the result is. The studio is awesome, and Port Townsend is a super cute town to spend some time walking around and exploring.

Sent on 09/03/2019

Kelsey Roberts · Getting married on 05/24/2020

Unforgettable experience!

Making our rings with Stephanie at With These Rings was one of the most memorable experiences ever, and definitely a highlight of wedding planning! Stephanie is a natural teacher, and she knows exactly how to guide you to make a professional quality ring with your own two hands. She never takes over the process, and provides the perfect amount of guidance at each step.

We did the fabrication workshop, but there is also an option for a wax carving workshop, which allows you to make a mold for a curved ring (a perfect match for whatever engagement ring) or other organically shaped ring. Even when making classic style bands, there are so many options for subtly different finishes that you would never see in the store. We love having our unique yet still classic rings that will always remind us of the time we spent making them - definitely worth every penny.

Finally, if you are from out of town wondering whether you should travel to Port Townsend to work with Stephanie or try to find a more local workshop, definitely go to PT and With These Rings! After a lot of research online, we decided that Stephanie was the absolute best at this, and we had the added bonus of making this into a romantic vacation to charming Port Townsend and nearby Olympic National Park.

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Halee

Halee T · Married on 11/02/2019

Book your ring making session - you're going to love it so much!

We had so much fun making our wedding bands at With These Rings! It was a really special experience and I would absolutely recommend it. We wanted pretty simple bands, but they'll always be special to us - since we made them for each other! And, I'm so happy with how they turned out! Stephanie is really a great teacher. We learned a lot and she made sure we always had a clear understanding of the next step. Plus, she was super fun to chat with and offered helpful suggestions about the area. Plan to stay in Port Townsend for a couple days and explore if you can!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • LeAnna

LeAnna · Married on 10/05/2019

Best ring experience ever!

We are so incredibly happy with our rings we made one summer afternoon with Stephanie. The experience meant so much to us on so many levels that it's probably impossible to fully express our gratitude and satisfaction. We had both been so nervous about the workshop (we're each sort of crafty in our own ways, but had never done anything like this) because it was new and we felt the pressure of doing something we'd never done before - and knowing that we'd be wearing the result for the rest of our lives! Stephanie was so great from the moment we contacted her to the moment we left studio. She assured us that most people felt the same way, and that she'd walk us through every single step. Within the first half hour our nerves had disappeared and we were fully engaged in the process! The rest of the day flew by, but by the end we had made our bands and were already talking about when we could come back to make some more rings! After Stephanie set the stone LeAnna had selected, our rings were shipped to us a month or so later and we were SO excited to have them both finished. We absolutely love them, both because of the way they turned out and because of the experience of making them together. It's also so fun to share the story of making them with anyone who asks. We can't say enough about how perfect this experience was and how incredibly thoughtful, patient, professional, and kind Stephanie was. Additionally, Stephanie was immensely helpful in helping LeAnna pick a unique stone from a reputable source - without Stephanie's invaluable knowledge LeAnna would have ended up with a soft stone that would not have lasted. Stephanie answered every question we had about stones and settings and we ended up with the perfect rings for us. We'll be back - gotta add some band for an anniversary or find some excuse to do this again!

Sent on 12/11/2019

Marci · Married on 07/19/2019

Once in a lifetime experience

My husband and I went to Stephanie's studio just a couple of days before our elopement. We loved the process of making our own rings, she made it so much easier than I thought it was going to be! She also took tons of fantastic pictures with our phones of us working which was lovely since we wanted to capture the moment but were quite busy.

Stephanie was also gracious enough to give us a lot of close travel recommendations for the days leading up to our wedding which we enjoyed. I wish I was getting married to my husband again so I could make another ring :-)

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Steph

Steph L · Married on 05/17/2019

Incredible, unforgettable experience

In a time filled with lots of very special memories, working with Stephanie on our rings still stands out as being one of the most memorable parts of our year. We absolutely LOVED having the chance to create something for one another, together, as well as design something that would be both beautiful and truly meaningful for us. But even that experience would not have been the same without Stephanie's patience and cheer. She was so easy and fun to work with, and the hours in her workshop flew by in the best way possible (as did the week-long vacation in Olympic National Park!). The design process afterwards around the pattern gave us such a cool chance to reflect on our relationship. Now, about a year since we first got our rings and 8 months since we've been married, we still admire these bands we made just about every day. This whole experience was simply wonderful and we cannot recommend it enough.

Sent on 01/15/2020
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 04/06/2019

Wonderful!

When I learned about With These Rings, I knew that my fiance and I would be signing up! Our time with Stephanie was wonderful. She quelled any worry that we would mess up, guided us expertly through the process (with some really cool conversations about the science of metal), and was so much fun to spend a day with! The end product is beautiful, and I can't wait until we get to wear our rings every day! The opportunity to create your own wedding rings is such a gift and I am so thankful that Stephanie is sharing her skill with us through this amazing experience!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Marie · Married on 10/27/2018

World Class Photography! Stellar Service!

I agree with all the positive reviews below - this was such a wonderful experience! Stephanie is an incredible teacher, making it a foolproof process while allowing you to actually do everything yourself. I was really looking forward to this and, even so, the day was above & beyond my expectations. Can't recommend this enough to other couples!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Tiffany · Married on 09/22/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Stephanie and about With These Rings. Two things immediately stood out to us about her: the quality of her work, and her forthrightness. Right on her website, she'll show you the process of ring-making, the prices of the different metals, and what to know about how certain metals like palladium sterling silver will wear over time. She was very prompt and responsive to all of our questions.

That forthrightness continued right into the ring-making process itself. Stephanie is a great teacher: she's incredibly patient and kind, and makes good on her promise not to let you mess up, but that doesn't mean she'll take it over for you. She shows you the steps and will help you out if you have trouble, but you really are putting the work into the ring yourself, and more likely than not you'll have fun at the same time. Stephanie also explained the chemical processes behind each step, so it felt like taking the coolest science lab class ever. The time just flew by. We received the finished rings in the mail last week after having them engraved, and they're absolutely perfect. She even offered to have her photograph friend take photos of them free of charge to post on social media, and you can see the results below.

Even if you're on a budget, I can assure you that With These Rings is completely, utterly worth the experience of creating a beautiful and lasting symbol of your union, especially with such a kind and capable teacher. Thank you, Stephanie!

Sent on 07/04/2018

My Phuong · Married on 09/10/2018

My fiance and I had the wonderful opportunity to make our wedding bands with Stephanie. She is extremely patient and so thorough in her instructions. We were very nervous about starting since neither one of us had any jewelry making experience but she made it so easy and such a fun day! I loved all the laughs and stories that were shared throughout the course as well! This was such a special and sweet memory that Chris and I both will cherish. Thank you so much for helping us make our dream rings that will be adored for life!!!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Mauura · Married on 09/01/2018

Working with Stephanie was the highlight of our engagement experience! I can't say enough how much fun this was, how easy she made it, and how special spending the time together to make these symbols was. Visiting Port Townsend was also wonderful! We both highly recommend working with Stephanie.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Michelle · Married on 07/28/2018

My husband and I really can't recommend these workshops enough! Stephanie was amazing to work with from the first email through when we left the workshop, and even afterwards! She provides tons of helpful info on her website, and also is willing to talk you through any questions you have at any point in the process. My husband was very nervous before we booked that he wouldn't be able to successfully make a ring, and Stephanie was very encouraging and reassuring. The workshop itself was awesome. Stephanie breaks down each step, and clearly demonstrates how to do it before handing it off to you. We did each step ourselves, and Stephanie helped when we asked. Beyond that, we honestly felt like we were hanging out with a friend all day with Stephanie - she asked questions about us, our wedding, our dog, and by halfway through the workshop we were sharing engagement photo blog post and tons of dog photos!
    Making our rings for each other was truly a special experience, and we are so glad we did it. They are so much more meaningful to us than purchasing rings. We included a bit about making our rings in our wedding ceremony, as well as mentioned it in the statement when we exchanged rings. Everyone at our wedding loved it, and were so interested in it afterward, and we got many comments and compliments during our reception!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Ryan · Married on 06/16/2018

It's hard to capture in words how wonderful the experience was. From start to finish, Stephanie was absolutely amazing. Quick and easy communication, easy travel advice, and amazing experience once we actually arrived. Port Townsend is a really cute town and we added a trip to Vancouver Island after. My parter and I wanted very different ring styles and Stephanie did an excellent job helping us both craft exactly what the other was looking for. It was a really exciting, interactive, and loving experience. Don't waste your time trying to decide whether it's worth the trip - I promise you it will exceed all of your expectations. We've already told all of our friends who are getting married to book their trips up to see Stephanie!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Angela · Married on 06/16/2018

We knew we didn't want to just go to a jewelry store and buy our wedding rings, but weren't sure of the alternatives. We were thrilled when we discovered With These Rings and excited to spend such meaningful time together to make each other's rings. Stephanie put any fears of us messing up at ease, as she provided careful instructions and encouragement. Her warm, welcoming personality also added to the wonderful experience. We're so pleased with our beautiful rings and I'll think warmly about this amazing experience every time I look at the ring my fiancé made for me. We highly recommend With These Rings!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Tory · Married on 06/02/2018

We absolutely loved making our engagement rings/wedding rings with Stephanie! I surprised my girlfriend with a weekend getaway proposal in Seattle/Victoria/Port Townsend, and the ring making workshop topped it all off. It was so special to handmake the rings we are going to wear forever, and Stephanoe made the day super magical. Can not recommend highly enough, especially for couples daunted by the whole engagement ring situation. She was so fun, so professional, and she put us at ease.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Excellent experience!! Highly recommend. My fiance and I found Stephanie through another couple who also got their rings made here. It makes the wedding ring much more meaningful knowing that you and your significant other made each others rings by hand. It also looks professionally done, so no one would ever know that you made them! Also very reasonably priced (comparable to rings in a store), especially considering you get a private session with just you and your partner. Stephanie was very responsive from the beginning and answered all my (multiple) emails very promptly before we even booked the session. After we left, my fiance realized that his ring was a bit too big and he was able to go back (free of charge) to re-size it. We also got an engraving on the inside of our rings through an engraver that she works with and the engraving came out beautifully! We couldn't have asked for more beautiful rings or engravings!!!

Sent on 05/13/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 09/30/2017

I cannot express how much both my fiance and I enjoyed making our rings and working with Stephanie. From the beginning communication to the final product, the process were seamless. Stephanie is a fantastic teacher and makes you feel at ease immediately. It is clear from the minute you meet her how much she enjoys what she does. Stephanie allows you to be as hands-on as you'd like, which we both wanted and enjoyed thoroughly. My fiance and I cannot wait for our wedding so we can finally wear the beautiful rings we created. For anyone looking for an authentic experience with a professional jeweler, I highly recommend Stephanie and With These Rings.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Marya · Married on 09/10/2017

Our With These Rings experience was not only worth every penny, but was by far the best decision we've made for our wedding. We made simple, timeless bands for each other and the whole experience could not have been more perfect. Stephanie is absolutely wonderful to work with- she is knowledgable about her craft and knows just when to step in. She also graciously snapped photos of us throughout the process so we could share them with our friends and family. We could not recommend her services more- if a hands-on, ultra meaningful connection to your wedding jewelry is what you crave, look no further. We could not be happier and look forward to wearing our bands for the rest of our lives, knowing that they were made with love by the other person with the gentle guidance of a truly talented jeweler and teacher.

Sent on 03/26/2017

Colin · Married on 09/01/2017

We had an amazing day in Port Townsend that we'll talking about for a long time. Stephanie was a ton of fun to work with and made a stressful sounding process (making your own ring!) very easy and comfortable. Our rings look amazing and we love that we made them for each other. We'll cherish them forever and definitely recommend this experience to anyone.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Shannon · Married on 08/12/2017

This was hands down one of the best experiences we've ever had! Stephanie was incredible to work with and made both of us feel right at home. (And her workshop is absolutely beautiful!) Our rings turned out even better than we could have imagined and it was amazing to do every step of the process ourselves. We could not have dreamed up a better weekend in Port Townsend. Thank you Stephanie for such a special day!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Jacqui · Married on 07/10/2017

Stephanie was amazing from our first correspondence to the final step of shipping our rings to us. We didn't even know we were going to get engaged/married so soon when we first looked into With These Rings and as our schedule changed with that Stephanie was very helpful in making sure we got everything on time. We knew nothing about jewelrymaking or even about wedding bands in general and Stephanie was great with communication and answering all of our questions. We are from the east coast so we planned a trip out to the Seattle area with a day trip planned for Port Townsend. We're shy people with an inner perfectionist drive so we were definitely worried that we would completely ruin everything at every step of the process but Stephanie is a great teacher and was extremely patient! We love our finished product and are so proud to have made our wedding bands this way!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Alayna · Married on 07/08/2017

We were excited about designing and making our own rings, but were surprised by how much fun we had in the process! Stephanie was great at walking us through each step while letting us actually do the work ourselves. This was easily one of our favorite parts of planning our wedding - plus the important perk for us that the precious metals for our rings came from recycled materials (our appointment just happened to be on earth day, too).

Sent on 06/01/2017

Jordan · Married on 07/07/2017

Working with Stephanie was one of the greatest experiences! Stephanie has this way of making you feel like you've known her for years. It definitely did not feel like my first time meeting her. Which, made it easy to adjust and get straight to making our rings! I absolutely loved the fact that Stephanie watched as we worked on the rings but didn't step in. She watched and if we had questions, she answered them without an issue. I recommend her to anyone and everyone who is looking for a reasonable price and a great outcome for their rings!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Kaylee · Married on 07/01/2017

Stephanie is AMAZING! Making Eric's wedding ring and seeing him make mine was one of the most incredible and special things we have ever done together. Although we are both artsy, we were really nervous about making something so significant but Stephanie was a wonderful and patient teach and everything came out perfectly. I highly recommend Make These Rings and spending some time in cute Port Townsend :)

Sent on 01/12/2017