With These Rings Reviews

63 | Port Townsend, WA

63 Reviews for With These Rings

63 With These Rings Reviews

Marie · Married on 10/27/2018

World Class Photography! Stellar Service!

I agree with all the positive reviews below - this was such a wonderful experience! Stephanie is an incredible teacher, making it a foolproof process while allowing you to actually do everything yourself. I was really looking forward to this and, even so, the day was above & beyond my expectations. Can't recommend this enough to other couples!

Tiffany · Married on 09/22/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Stephanie and about With These Rings. Two things immediately stood out to us about her: the quality of her work, and her forthrightness. Right on her website, she'll show you the process of ring-making, the prices of the different metals, and what to know about how certain metals like palladium sterling silver will wear over time. She was very prompt and responsive to all of our questions.

That forthrightness continued right into the ring-making process itself. Stephanie is a great teacher: she's incredibly patient and kind, and makes good on her promise not to let you mess up, but that doesn't mean she'll take it over for you. She shows you the steps and will help you out if you have trouble, but you really are putting the work into the ring yourself, and more likely than not you'll have fun at the same time. Stephanie also explained the chemical processes behind each step, so it felt like taking the coolest science lab class ever. The time just flew by. We received the finished rings in the mail last week after having them engraved, and they're absolutely perfect. She even offered to have her photograph friend take photos of them free of charge to post on social media, and you can see the results below.

Even if you're on a budget, I can assure you that With These Rings is completely, utterly worth the experience of creating a beautiful and lasting symbol of your union, especially with such a kind and capable teacher. Thank you, Stephanie!

With These Rings 1
    With These Rings 2
    With These Rings 3
    With These Rings 4
    With These Rings 5

My Phuong · Married on 09/10/2018

My fiance and I had the wonderful opportunity to make our wedding bands with Stephanie. She is extremely patient and so thorough in her instructions. We were very nervous about starting since neither one of us had any jewelry making experience but she made it so easy and such a fun day! I loved all the laughs and stories that were shared throughout the course as well! This was such a special and sweet memory that Chris and I both will cherish. Thank you so much for helping us make our dream rings that will be adored for life!!!

Mauura · Married on 09/01/2018

Working with Stephanie was the highlight of our engagement experience! I can't say enough how much fun this was, how easy she made it, and how special spending the time together to make these symbols was. Visiting Port Townsend was also wonderful! We both highly recommend working with Stephanie.

Michelle · Married on 07/28/2018

My husband and I really can't recommend these workshops enough! Stephanie was amazing to work with from the first email through when we left the workshop, and even afterwards! She provides tons of helpful info on her website, and also is willing to talk you through any questions you have at any point in the process. My husband was very nervous before we booked that he wouldn't be able to successfully make a ring, and Stephanie was very encouraging and reassuring. The workshop itself was awesome. Stephanie breaks down each step, and clearly demonstrates how to do it before handing it off to you. We did each step ourselves, and Stephanie helped when we asked. Beyond that, we honestly felt like we were hanging out with a friend all day with Stephanie - she asked questions about us, our wedding, our dog, and by halfway through the workshop we were sharing engagement photo blog post and tons of dog photos!
    Making our rings for each other was truly a special experience, and we are so glad we did it. They are so much more meaningful to us than purchasing rings. We included a bit about making our rings in our wedding ceremony, as well as mentioned it in the statement when we exchanged rings. Everyone at our wedding loved it, and were so interested in it afterward, and we got many comments and compliments during our reception!

Ryan · Married on 06/16/2018

It's hard to capture in words how wonderful the experience was. From start to finish, Stephanie was absolutely amazing. Quick and easy communication, easy travel advice, and amazing experience once we actually arrived. Port Townsend is a really cute town and we added a trip to Vancouver Island after. My parter and I wanted very different ring styles and Stephanie did an excellent job helping us both craft exactly what the other was looking for. It was a really exciting, interactive, and loving experience. Don't waste your time trying to decide whether it's worth the trip - I promise you it will exceed all of your expectations. We've already told all of our friends who are getting married to book their trips up to see Stephanie!

Angela · Married on 06/16/2018

We knew we didn't want to just go to a jewelry store and buy our wedding rings, but weren't sure of the alternatives. We were thrilled when we discovered With These Rings and excited to spend such meaningful time together to make each other's rings. Stephanie put any fears of us messing up at ease, as she provided careful instructions and encouragement. Her warm, welcoming personality also added to the wonderful experience. We're so pleased with our beautiful rings and I'll think warmly about this amazing experience every time I look at the ring my fiancé made for me. We highly recommend With These Rings!

Tory · Married on 06/02/2018

We absolutely loved making our engagement rings/wedding rings with Stephanie! I surprised my girlfriend with a weekend getaway proposal in Seattle/Victoria/Port Townsend, and the ring making workshop topped it all off. It was so special to handmake the rings we are going to wear forever, and Stephanoe made the day super magical. Can not recommend highly enough, especially for couples daunted by the whole engagement ring situation. She was so fun, so professional, and she put us at ease.

• User6526388 · 1+ year ago

Excellent experience!! Highly recommend. My fiance and I found Stephanie through another couple who also got their rings made here. It makes the wedding ring much more meaningful knowing that you and your significant other made each others rings by hand. It also looks professionally done, so no one would ever know that you made them! Also very reasonably priced (comparable to rings in a store), especially considering you get a private session with just you and your partner. Stephanie was very responsive from the beginning and answered all my (multiple) emails very promptly before we even booked the session. After we left, my fiance realized that his ring was a bit too big and he was able to go back (free of charge) to re-size it. We also got an engraving on the inside of our rings through an engraver that she works with and the engraving came out beautifully! We couldn't have asked for more beautiful rings or engravings!!!

Kaitlin · Married on 09/30/2017

I cannot express how much both my fiance and I enjoyed making our rings and working with Stephanie. From the beginning communication to the final product, the process were seamless. Stephanie is a fantastic teacher and makes you feel at ease immediately. It is clear from the minute you meet her how much she enjoys what she does. Stephanie allows you to be as hands-on as you'd like, which we both wanted and enjoyed thoroughly. My fiance and I cannot wait for our wedding so we can finally wear the beautiful rings we created. For anyone looking for an authentic experience with a professional jeweler, I highly recommend Stephanie and With These Rings.

Marya · Married on 09/10/2017

Our With These Rings experience was not only worth every penny, but was by far the best decision we've made for our wedding. We made simple, timeless bands for each other and the whole experience could not have been more perfect. Stephanie is absolutely wonderful to work with- she is knowledgable about her craft and knows just when to step in. She also graciously snapped photos of us throughout the process so we could share them with our friends and family. We could not recommend her services more- if a hands-on, ultra meaningful connection to your wedding jewelry is what you crave, look no further. We could not be happier and look forward to wearing our bands for the rest of our lives, knowing that they were made with love by the other person with the gentle guidance of a truly talented jeweler and teacher.

Colin · Married on 09/01/2017

We had an amazing day in Port Townsend that we'll talking about for a long time. Stephanie was a ton of fun to work with and made a stressful sounding process (making your own ring!) very easy and comfortable. Our rings look amazing and we love that we made them for each other. We'll cherish them forever and definitely recommend this experience to anyone.

Shannon · Married on 08/12/2017

This was hands down one of the best experiences we've ever had! Stephanie was incredible to work with and made both of us feel right at home. (And her workshop is absolutely beautiful!) Our rings turned out even better than we could have imagined and it was amazing to do every step of the process ourselves. We could not have dreamed up a better weekend in Port Townsend. Thank you Stephanie for such a special day!

Jacqui · Married on 07/10/2017

Stephanie was amazing from our first correspondence to the final step of shipping our rings to us. We didn't even know we were going to get engaged/married so soon when we first looked into With These Rings and as our schedule changed with that Stephanie was very helpful in making sure we got everything on time. We knew nothing about jewelrymaking or even about wedding bands in general and Stephanie was great with communication and answering all of our questions. We are from the east coast so we planned a trip out to the Seattle area with a day trip planned for Port Townsend. We're shy people with an inner perfectionist drive so we were definitely worried that we would completely ruin everything at every step of the process but Stephanie is a great teacher and was extremely patient! We love our finished product and are so proud to have made our wedding bands this way!

Alayna · Married on 07/08/2017

We were excited about designing and making our own rings, but were surprised by how much fun we had in the process! Stephanie was great at walking us through each step while letting us actually do the work ourselves. This was easily one of our favorite parts of planning our wedding - plus the important perk for us that the precious metals for our rings came from recycled materials (our appointment just happened to be on earth day, too).

Jordan · Married on 07/07/2017

Working with Stephanie was one of the greatest experiences! Stephanie has this way of making you feel like you've known her for years. It definitely did not feel like my first time meeting her. Which, made it easy to adjust and get straight to making our rings! I absolutely loved the fact that Stephanie watched as we worked on the rings but didn't step in. She watched and if we had questions, she answered them without an issue. I recommend her to anyone and everyone who is looking for a reasonable price and a great outcome for their rings!

Kaylee · Married on 07/01/2017

Stephanie is AMAZING! Making Eric's wedding ring and seeing him make mine was one of the most incredible and special things we have ever done together. Although we are both artsy, we were really nervous about making something so significant but Stephanie was a wonderful and patient teach and everything came out perfectly. I highly recommend Make These Rings and spending some time in cute Port Townsend :)

Natalie · Married on 06/17/2017

Our afternoon with Stephanie making our wedding bands was one of the most incredible experiences we've ever had, and we will remember it forever! Eric and I really wanted to put meaning into our wedding rings, and when we thought about making them for each other we just assumed we'd have to have less nice rings - but then we found Stephanie and With These Rings, and she helped us make beautiful gold bands for each other (which truly look like professional rings)! They are absolutely beautiful, and so meaningful and special to us because we each made them for one another. Stephanie has this beautiful, amazing, warm energy that radiates from her - and shines when she teaches! She had such a calm demeanor when Eric and I were using blow torches and all sorts of tools to mold our rings :) She walked us through every step of the process, being as hands on or hands off as we asked her to be! She knows exactly what she's doing and was very professional and fun to work with. She also has this beautiful jewelry studio in Port Townsend, WA - which was awesome for photographing the whole experience. Port Townsend is a magical little town, and we decided to make a romantic weekend out of it, visiting the cute town, having lovely little dinners and hiking in nearby Olympic National Park. It was without a doubt one of the best weekends we've ever had together, and a memory we will always treasure. (also - I have to mention that Stephanie also let us bring our puppy, Charlie, to our appointment - which was awesome and so kind of her! So our whole family experienced the ring making :)

Lauren · Married on 06/11/2017

My fiancé and I heard about With These Rings through a friend and knew immediately that it was an experience we wanted to share. Stephanie was extremely helpful from our first interaction- she asked me to send pictures of my engagement ring so she could help me figure out the best metals and dimensions for the best look. I loved that Stephanie was completely hands-off during the entire process, she took the time to show us each step and guide us through everything but the rings were truly a result of the work of only me and my fiancé. She has this amazing knack for being part of this intimate experience without you feeling like she is intruding. We had a great time with her in the studio, chatting and listening to music while we worked. Port Townsend is also incredibly charming, and we had a great day there after we finished in the studio. If you are looking to share a very meaningful and unique experience with your loved one, this is definitely the place to go!! And you get an incredible piece of jewelry to remember it by :)

Kim · Married on 06/10/2017

My fiance and I are from Kirkland, WA. We were having trouble finding wedding bands that were (a) what we were looking for, and (b) affordable, as my fiance had a specific design in mind, and my wedding band needed to be custom-made to match the height of my custom-made engagement ring. I ended up finding With These Rings through a Buzzfeed video, and it was the perfect solution for us!

Stephanie was very communicative, professional, informative, and responsive, and gave us all of the information we needed and answering our many questions about the process, what worked best for us, and pricing. A few weeks later, we set off for the day to make our rings. We easily found parking and the location, as Stephanie had provided great instructions.

The process was really easy, fun, and relaxing! My fiance's band was a 5.5mm brushed 18k yellow gold band, so we were able to make his ring via Fabrication. My ring needed to be a custom size, so it was made via the Hand Carving process, which was awesome because we got to experience both processes! We worked a little on each other's rings and on our own. Stephanie instructed us on how to do it, but we made the rings almost entirely ourselves.

Overall, we are so happy we chose to make our rings with With These Rings! Stephanie is super friendly and welcoming. The process was so special and fun! It only took us about 2.5 hours to make the rings and we were out to lunch by about 1PM. We were both SO impressed with how professional the rings came out! It also cost MUCH less than if we bought our rings from an out-of-the-box or even custom-made retailer. We would HIGHLY recommend working with With These Rings to make your wedding bands. It was the coolest, most special thing we have done for our wedding planning to date. If you are able to do this, DO IT!!

Also, go to Hill Bottom for pizza and pie for lunch. ;)

Annie · Married on 05/20/2017

We loved this unique experience with Stephanie! I found her via a Facebook video and couldn't believe she was just a short ferry ride away. Before and after booking, she answered all of my questions promptly and thoroughly. Her beautiful studio is located in scenic Port Townsend, a perfect starting point to a long weekend around the Olympic Peninsula. In person, she was kind and knowledgeable in her craft, guiding us through each step with the utmost patience. We walked away with one of a kind rings, newfound appreciation for jewelry making, and rosy memories of an unforgettable day. Thank you, Stephanie!

Brian · Married on 05/19/2017

Be unique, create a permanent memory, and smile every time you look at your wedding rings knowing that you crafted them yourselves. We'll never forget it.

The experience of making each other's wedding bands was a great way to start our adventure, and it's worth every (very reasonably-priced) penny.

There's so many expenses when you get married, and most of them can feel like they're hardly worth it. That is absolutely not the case with Stephanie at With These Rings. I can't recommend her highly enough!

Sheila · Married on 05/12/2017

We had the best experience with Stephanie making our own rings. I am not artistic at all and was so nervous - but it was much easier than I expected thanks to Stephanie's great teaching along the way. The best was that my fiance and I had this fun, wonderful experience together and now we will wear rings that we made for each other. I can't recommend this highly enough. SOOOO much better than just buying a ring at a store. I want to go back on an anniversary sometime just to do it all over again. Thank you, Stephanie for the once in a lifetime experience.

Ann · Married on 04/29/2017

Making our rings with Stephanie was awesome! We thought it would be pretty complicated or easy to mess up, but she made it very simple and explained every step. It is so meaningful to us to get to actually make each other's rings; that the session was so fun is a bonus!

sarah · Married on 04/29/2017

I could not recommend this experience more highly. Everything about it was completely perfect, and Stephanie even quickly resized one of our rings for us before the big day! She is a joy to work with, and the experience of making each other's rings is just incredible.