WISTERIA Reviews

WISTERIA 6
WISTERIA 7

Juli · Married on 09/21/2018

Beautiful flowers

Stephanie at Wisteria was the only florist I contacted who wanted to meet me in person for the initial consultation, which I appreciated because I really had no idea what I wanted in terms of flowers. Stephanie listened to what I did want, showed me lots of examples and was patient when explaining why something wouldn't necessarily work. I was confident after we talked that she knew the basics of what I wanted and would ad-lib as necessary to fill it out. She did warn that, as a small business, she had to take one event at a time so I wouldn't expect to hear from her until a little closer to my wedding. When we did reconvene, I feel like I had to jog her memory a bit, but once we were on the same path again, we were good to go. My flowers were beautiful and perfect for the space - they were what I envisioned and more because I trusted Stephanie to do what she does best!

Katie · Married on 09/01/2018

Stephanie was absolutely amazing to work with, and her final products are breathtaking! After having a hard time finding a florist who was available to even sit down and discuss what I wanted, I stumbled upon Stephanie, who was an amazing breath of fresh air. She listened, asked questions, and truly got to know my husband and I and what we were looking for. Never once did she pressure us into more flowers than we wanted, nor did she think our ideas were uneducated or silly. She even designed a collar of greenery for our pup, who was in the wedding! The arrangements were absolutely stunning, and seeing her on the day of our wedding was such a wonderful surprise. Stephanie even came to the wedding during the reception just to check on things and make sure everything was still ok!! She radiates joy and happiness, and I can't recommend her enough.

WISTERIA 8
    WISTERIA 9
    WISTERIA 10
    WISTERIA 11
    WISTERIA 12
    WISTERIA 13
  • Nathalie

Nathalie · Married on 02/24/2018

Stephanie and the Wisteria team truly saved the day at our wedding! My husband and I had such a hard time tracking down a chuppah for a Jewish ceremony. Every chuppah we could find was either too large or too small or had a ridiculous rental minimum. Stephanie and her team were able to come up with a chuppah for us last minute on top of all the fabulous arrangements they made for my special day.

We fully trusted Stephanie and we are so glad we did. We wanted lush greenery and white flowers to compliment the wooden architectural elements of our wedding venue. Every piece was a piece of art and so beautifully and lovingly made it took our wedding to the absolute next level.

WISTERIA 14
    WISTERIA 15
    WISTERIA 16
    WISTERIA 17

Ellyn · Married on 11/11/2017

Stephanie was great and the flowers were soooooo beautiful!!!

Adrienne · Married on 10/21/2017

I couldn't have been happier with the flower arrangements by Wisteria. I had a fairly specific idea of what I wanted and Stephanie made it happen. She used some beautiful seasonal substitutions and created a number of lush, romantic and artistic arrangements that fit perfectly into the space. The venue of our small wedding was our modern home, so the loose, full arrangements were a gorgeous contrast. I'm already trying to brainstorm occasions as an excuse to work with Wisteria again. Maybe a holiday party?

WISTERIA 18
    WISTERIA 19
    WISTERIA 20
    WISTERIA 21

Rachel · Married on 08/12/2017

Stephanie and her assistant were incredible. I knew from the moment that I saw photos of her work that Wisteria was the florist to go with. I was coming from Boston to get married in DC so much of our communication was via email, phone, and photos. She looked at the photos I sent and was able to take in what I wanted and infuse her own artistic style into the work--which truly is a testament to what a skilled florist she is. She was also so helpful when I asked her opinion regarding colors that would go best with the mens' suits and what would hold up in August heat. I couldn't recommend Wisteria more!

Tory · Married on 07/29/2017

It was a pleasure to work with Stephanie from Wisteria. She is very professional and detail oriented. She is not shy to give her opinion, but we found this very helpful- for example, explaining which flowers will hold up best in a summer outdoor wedding. She is also happy to suggest ways to stay within your budget, such as reusing flowers from the ceremony for the reception. The florals that she created for the wedding were absolutely beautiful and held up for the entire night.

WISTERIA 22
    WISTERIA 23
    WISTERIA 24

Barbara · Married on 12/17/2016

Stephanie did a great job for us. Our flowers were beautiful! We are so glad we went with Wisteria.

• Shaina

Shaina · Married on 09/04/2016

Wisteria was great for my wedding! Stephanie was a pleasure to work with and a great collaborator. She knows her flowers and even discusses what flowers will be in their best season on your wedding date to make sure all flowers look their best. Everyone said the flowers at the wedding were gorgeous and we got feedback from someone at the venue that the garland on the front of our chuppah helped make it the prettiest chuppah they've seen in years of doing weddings.

Definitely recommend Wisteria for wedding floral. Selecting the arrangements was a breeze with Stephanie's expert recommendations (and respect for our budget), they came out perfect on the wedding day, and the setup crew was in and out so quickly and quietly we hardly noticed them at work. Wedding flowers are pricey, to be sure, but you might as well get your money's worth by hiring a top notch outfit like Wisteria.

Stephanie works from a small shop located at her home in Alexandria. She grows her own flowers that are stunning. If you're looking for a garden look, she's your gal. She spent time to actualize my admittedly vague vision and did an amazing job of it.

Cameron · Married on 10/24/2015

I cannot recommend WISTERIA highly enough!!! From start to finish, Stephanie was easy to work with, and she helped me bring my vision for our small backyard wedding to life. Everything was GORGEOUS, and her prices are incredibly reasonable -- by far the best value I could find in the area! We could not have been happier with our experience.

The flowers at my wedding and reception were absolutely beautiful! Stephanie has great ideas and she only uses the freshest flowers. We met twice before the wedding. I showed her a few ideas of what I had seen, and she took it from there. The best thing about Stephanie is that you can trust her. She truly cares about the flowers and the arrangements. When the begonias we wanted were not available, she suggested an alternative that was even better than our original idea. For centerpieces, we did a combination of cut flowers and potted flowers. This helped with cost. Stephanie recommended using succulents, which are very popular these days, especially for an environmentally conscious bride. Guest who took home the potted arrangements enjoyed them for weeks after the wedding. The bridal and bridal party bouquets were exquisite. The flowers lasted for days. I loved everything about the flowers at my wedding. My guests still comment on them. I highly recommend Wisteria for your wedding florist.

We had a great experience working with Stephanie at Wisteria for our wedding flowers! After meeting with other florists in the area, I found that Wisteria provided a superior, creative product at a more reasonable price. Stephanie is extremely knowledgeable and was responsive and helpful throughout the process. Stephanie easily accommodated our budget (though, by the look of the flowers, you'd have thought we had an unlimited budget!) My hand-cut bouquet was stunning and used a mix of flowers and textures which produced a unique and eye-catching design that complemented my dress perfectly. The table florals also captured the early summer mood of the event with a variety of unique flowers creatively designed. I highly recommend Wisteria!

I couldn't have been happier with Stephanie at Wisteria. I had a vision of what I wanted for my wedding flowers, but also knew that I wasn't the professional and needed Stephanie's input. She was creative, responsive and professional; my flowers were one of the highlights of my wedding. The table decorations, including the unusual and eye-catching decoration on the table with the placecards, were perfect and beyond anything I could have imagined. Stephanie was very specific about the flower containers--which needed to be returned to her and which were mine to keep. I highly recommend Wisteria for all your floral needs.

Katie · Married on 08/02/2014

Stephanie at Wisteria was wonderful to work with right from the beginning. I didn't really have any strong ideas when it came to flowers and she offered great ideas based on the colors I was using. She was also able to use gold vases I had picked up on sale after the holidays. On the day of everything was delivered beautifully and on time. The bouquets were my favorite part and turned out exactly like we had planned. We were charged for two drop offs (hotel and church) and then later for a different set up time for the reception but having spoken with other florists these are normal fees. If you're looking for a creative, talented florist definitely hire Wisteria!

Alicia · Married on 05/17/2014

I highly recommend Wisteria and Stephanie for your wedding flowers. From the start I felt that Stephanie could see our vision and was excited about making it a reality. My husband's grandmother collected bud vases and we had decided to use them as our centerpieces for the reception as a way of having her there with us in spirit. Two of the other florists that I had initially met with wouldn't do it for us and either turned us away or tried to sell us on their own ideas. From the very first meeting, we could tell that Stephanie could appreciate what we wanted to do and wanted to help make this happen for us. And as a bonus, she is super down to earth and easy to talk to! Stephanie helped us pick which bud vases we should use as a part of each arrangement (each table was unique) and then gave us suggestions on how to pull the arrangements together by using some other items in our centerpieces. We couldn't have been happier with how it turned out that day! If you are looking for someone that can make the ideas in your head come alive at your wedding, look no further!

Kimm · Married on 02/22/2014

I had six weeks to plan my wedding so my planning had to be stress-free! An Old Town florist recommended that I contact Wisteria. After looking at the wedding bouquets on their website, I contacted the owner, Stephanie, and was thrilled when she replied that she could help me out! We met the next day at her studio to do the consultation. It was very calm, relaxing, and quiet in her studio so I had no problem explaining what I wanted. During the consultation she was very thoughtful and detailed, asking all the right questions from the style of my dress to how my hair looked to what the groom would be wearing, etc. I didn't have any special flowers in mind except to incorporate magnolia leaves and to use variations of greens and whites. She made recommendations based on what flowers were in season and the flowers that would hold up best during the ceremony and reception. I also needed flowers for bridesmaids, groomsmen, and the mothers. Stephanie also helped with suggesting arrangements for the ceremony and reception. Her price point for the wedding party flowers, floral arrangements, and rentals for the pedestals and vases was very reasonable. Since her studio was located so close to our wedding venue, she also helped me save money by allowing me to make arrangements to pick up the flowers. On our wedding day the flowers turned out be absolutely gorgeous!! I loved my wedding bouquet with its smaller sized magnolia leaves and beautiful variations of greens and whites. My bouquet wasn't overly done and didn't overpower me or my dress. The wedding party just looked classic and beautiful.

Thank you Wisteria and Stephanie for helping to make my wedding planning stress-free, and especially making my wedding day a truly memorable day!

Kate · Married on 11/16/2013

I chose Wisteria based on a recommendation from a florist in Old Town, Alexandria. I sent Stephanie (owner) the details of my wedding and a hint of what I was looking for (something not very detailed…more or less along the lines of “Have you worked with thistles before? We are having a Scottish themed wedding”). Stephanie immediately wrote me back and we scheduled a face to face meeting in her shop. Upon meeting, I was instantaneously impressed with her style and her lively personality. Admittedly—I know nothing about flowers (and was a hands-off bride). We had no “wedding colors” (since the men were in kilts and the women in black), we didn’t research (or comb through Pinterest) for a “look”, we went in knowing we really wanted the flowers to be unique and emit a certain kind of energy. I showed her a picture of my wedding dress, gave her a rough idea of what we wanted to spend, and she took it from there. She NAILED it! All the centerpieces & station pieces really took on a life of their own (note: our reception was in the Torpedo Arts Factory). Each one was unique in its own way yet tied to the central color and thistle theme she created. Stephanie is truly an artist. It was so nice to have a simple conversation with a vendor and leave it in their hands. I cannot be happier with the floral arrangements at my wedding and would recommend Wisteria 100% to anyone for weddings & special events.

Stephanie · Married on 11/09/2013

Wisteria provided beautiful flowers for our ceremony and reception. Stephanie and her team were extremely professional, timely and accommodating. I do not know the first thing about flowers and Stephanie walked through my options. She gave ideas based on what was in season and the colors of the bridesmaids dresses. I put complete faith in her and was very pleased. She also worked within the budget I gave her. Amazing! Can't wait to use Wisteria again!

Susannah · Married on 02/16/2013

It's been almost a year since our wedding (2/16/2013), but I finally am sitting down to review our vendors. Stephanie with Wisteria Florals is an amazing florist and wonderful person to work with. She listened to all of our ideas (my mom had a lot), and incorporated them plus her own into our gorgeous wedding ceremony and reception flowers and decor. She walked me through all the the things that I needed to think about, which I really appreciated since I wasn't familiar with all the details. She worked within our budget and warned us about certain flowers that were going to be more expensive that weekend due to Valentine's day. She was just super friendly and knowledgable. I knew as soon as I walked into her adorable studio that I had picked the right florist. She nailed it, and I credit the overall feel of the wedding to her; romantic and elegant winter wedding. Looking back at all the pictures, it's clear that the wedding wouldn't have been the same or had the same aura if it weren't for the beautiful flowers. I wish I could post pictures!

kate · Married on 01/12/2013

Wisteria is a fabulous florist, which works with you to ensure that your experience and floral arrangements are fitting to your personal style and your weddings overall theme. The flower arrangements and bouquets were absolutely stunning. Wisteria made sure all the flowers were beautiful and better then I could have imagined or created myself. They took my ideas, thoughts, and dreams and made them into an wonderfully creative reality. I could not have been more pleased with their services and the final product.

Elizabeth · Married on 11/17/2012

Wisteria Florals was an absolute pleasure to work with for my wedding and wedding guest flowers. I had a wonderful experience working with Stephanie over the course of several months to plan my wedding flowers, for the ceremony at the Church at which I was married, our reception venue, and for flowers for my immediate family members/parents. She took great care to coordinate personal flowers and reception and ceremony flowers with my dress, the bridesmaid dresses, and corsages for the groom and Mothers. She is very knowledgeable about area ceremony and reception venues and also makes sure that the flowers and arrangements she provides are in compliance with any restrictions, as well as appropriate for the occasion and theme. I absolutely loved my personal bouquet, and the bridesmaids bouquets, and I received many compliments on them from my guests. They looked absolutely beautiful and creative, and included unsual varieties. They just looked amazing and they really popped in our pictures. Wisteria's work is amazing. I also received many compliments from my parents/immediate families regarding the arrangements I ordered from Wisteria for these guests' arrival at our hotel. They loved their arrangements and were amazed at the uniqueness and the color combinations of them. I highly recommend Wisteria to anyone who is looking for beautiful wedding flowers or flowers for any occasion, as Wisteria will tailor it's amazing work to fit your needs and budget.

• User2064760 · 2+ years ago

Stephanie was great and our flowers were amazing! She was flexible about only doing the ceremony flowers since we couldn't afford for her to do the reception too but it was worth the money and she is very talented. I went into the consult with one idea but by the end I realized hers were much better and it all turned out beautiful. I even dried out my bouquet and one of the bridesmaids to keep them for longer.

• F

Farrah · Married on 05/19/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Stephanie! During the planning process she brought so many ideas to the table and I loved them all! She was so nice and easy to work with. She really focuses on making each Bride's wedding unique and she did just that. Everything turned out beautiful and I got so many compliments! I would definitely recommend her to any Bride!