Wistariahurst Museum Reviews

12 Reviews for Wistariahurst Museum

1 User photo

Wistariahurst Museum 1

Bryndis · Married on 10/08/2017

I've always loved this place. It wasn't difficult to set a date even though we were looking for a date less than 7 months away. I emailed, we visited, sent in a deposit, kept in touch a little about how many people and some details like music and whether or not we wanted to see each other before the wedding. The day of, I didn't need to do anything. I showed up (almost late) and staff were just waiting and ready to help. We only did the ceremony and pictures here. Absolutely painless experience and again I love this place!

Sent on 11/29/2017
    Wistariahurst Museum 2

Wistariahurst Museum's reply:

Bryndis, Congratulations, we were very happy to host your celebration.

Samantha · Married on 09/09/2017

I couldn't have imagined a more romantic wedding ceremony location! I didn't have to worry about weather because the music room is inside and there are plenty of other picture opportunities in the museum. The vaulted ceilings are what made us fall in love with this space. We had a harpist who made the space even more vintage. My only recommendation is for them to update the chairs. The outside gardens were unbelievably beautiful for pictures! I highly recommend this ceremony space!!!

Katie · Married on 05/28/2017

This is the perfect venue for a ceremony! It offers both beautiful indoor and outdoor options, and so many dynamic spaces for pictures! Sara was well organized and helped with planning and ideas all along the way. She was open to my many ideas and helped to make the event all that we hoped for and more!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Wistariahurst Museum's reply:

Thank you Katie. It was a fun filled ceremony. Glad we could be part of your celebration.

Rick · Married on 08/22/2015

The staff were extremely helpful and accommodated all of our needs. They were willing to make all necessary arrangements to ensure that we captured every moment. They were friendly, energetic, and professional. Not that I'm planning on ever getting married again, but if I did, I would definitely have the venue at Wistariahurst again to renew our vows!

Katie · Married on 05/31/2014

The museum was beautiful. Staff was incredibly helpful and responsive to our needs leading up to the event and throughout our whole event. There was always a staff member near by asking if we needed anything.
    All the things I would've forgotten were remembered for me! Overall, I thought Wistariahurst was phenomenal!!

Chery · Married on 01/17/2014

We booked Wistariahurst for our wedding photography session with ease. Communicating mostly via email and mail to complete the contract process. Sara English is very flexible and pleasant to work with. On the day of the wedding the staff was very friendly, accommodating and attentive all the while providing the courtesy of space and privacy during our photo shoot. Our award-winning Montreal based professional photographer (Ashley MacPhee Photography) was extremely pleased with the venue allowing for the creativity she's well known for through her imagery. The resulting photographs were unique, individual and unlike any other photography. The architecture and decor was perfect for our vintage themed wedding. Our entire bridal party loved the intimacy of the venue and continue to praise our decision for this venue choice. I highly recommend booking this venue for your wedding photography session.

Note: The spiral staircase is typically a common location for photographs. If you're traditional in style this may please you. However we didn't use the staircase. There are many overlooked details in and around the museum that make for amazing backdrops and landscapes to set your images apart from everyone else's. Choose your photographer carefully. This museum is a gem.

• Jenn

Jenn · Married on 05/25/2017

I recently got married at the Wistariahurst Museum this spring and had an amazing experience. Sara, our coordinator, was great! In the weeks before the wedding she was very attentive to my needs. She made everything run very smoothly and was very helpful at the rehearsal and day of. Of course the space is also beautiful as it is a historical home. We got many compliments on how nice it was.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Wistariahurst Museum's reply:

Thank you Jenn. We were pleased to be part of your celebration. Congratulations!

The price is slightly steep but the pictures are gorgeous and if you have a nice day, you can take them both inside and out. You have the entire venue to yourself to roam around the property for your pictures. The staff is incredibly courteous and helpful.

Korie · Married on 08/05/2017

The event space was perfect for the small ceremony we had. It was an elegant space and had beautiful places to take pictures. The coordinator was a pleasure to work with. She provided a professional attitude and was attentive to the small details.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Wistariahurst Museum's reply:

Korie, Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you to plan a beautiful ceremony.

katelyn · Married on 09/20/2014

Venue was perfect for our ceremony very elegant, could not of asked for a better ceremony.

Sara and Siobhan were very responsible and made the planning process very easy, which was especially valuable since we were planning the wedding from out of state.

3.8
      3.5

We used the Wistariahurst Museum for our engagement photos. It provided many beautiful backdrops for our photographs, including numerous locations inside and outside the house. The rotating art exhibit in the showroom also gave us some more abstract and unique photos. The cost seemed a little high for an hour of photography, but we were determined to have the Wistariahurst be a part of our day! The staff was accommodating and quick to respond to my emails, and had just the availability we were looking for. It was definitely a memorable afternoon!