59 Reviews for Wisp Resort

Champagne Toast (2)
Premium Liquor (2)
Indoor (1)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Pet Friendly (1)
Cash Bar (1)
Liquor License (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
China (1)
59 Wisp Resort Reviews

The staff at Wisp were extremely helpful and really helped me to make my dream wedding into a reality. They were always willing to answer my questions and helped my actual wedding day be stress free. The wedding planners even helped me with my hair so they definately go above and beyond to make your day perfect!!

Profile Picture Erin , 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at Wisp in June 2017. Our ceremony was on top of the mountain under the pavilion which was beautiful. We had a very large guest list and the space in the Mountain Mist tent was perfect to hold everyone for the reception. We were running behind schedule (our fault not the venue) and they did a great job helping to get us back on track. The tent was beautiful and it really helped being able to come in the day before to set up. The banquet coordinator was very accommodating and helped us to achieve the set up we were going for inside. All staff used for the event were great!. The only reason I give 4 stars instead of 5 is because there were a few incidents of things that were not completely communicated with us. But over all we are very happy with our decision and would chose Wisp again and again if given the chance!

Photo for Wisp Resort Review - The water surrounding the pavilion
Photo for Wisp Resort Review - Out front of the Mountain Mist Tent at WIsp
Photo for Wisp Resort Review - Out front of the Mountain Mist Tent at Wisp
Photos
Profile Picture Jackie, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Flatware, Glassware

The resort was beautiful for our wedding, reception, and our rehearsal dinner. It took so much stress away by having everything in 1 location. The day flowed so smoothly all thanks to Katie's on-hand help the night before and day of.

Profile Picture Lacey, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Covered Outdoor

The Wisp was a great place for our wedding. One of the best things about having our wedding there was our coordinator - Andrea. I feel like she really made a big effort from walking me through the planning and recommending vendors, getting our entire wedding party and guests access to the ski lift to attend the mountaintop ceremony, planning a bonfire w/ beer and smores the night before the wedding, accomodating 2 separate food tastings (one for just my Mom and myself), bringing in special rum from Trinidad for my husband's family, helping us set up the favors and decorations for the reception, setting up our overnight bags in a special wedding hotel room, transporting my husband and I around the venue for pictures and coordinating with my vendors, day of coordinator and guests. She was great.

The only reason I gave a 4 out of 5 for responsiveness was due to the bar manager, Vicky. Our contract stated that they would be able to provide us with an imported rum as part of the bar menu. When it came down to finding the rum it didn't seem like she tried very hard and was somewhat rude about it when we provided her POCs to call regarding it. Fortunately Andrea persevered and helped us out with getting it. Very big kudos go out to her - she was really great and made us feel comfortable about the entire process.

As for value - I think we faired very well but I did overhear some of the other wedding couples at the tasting and they all had various deals depending on which wedding coordinator they were dealing with. The Wisp seemed to have a lot of turnover at the time we were in the planning process. Also - I would say that the facility could be reonovated. It is a ski lodge and not the Ritz so we weren't expecting state of the art luxury but the venue itself needs to be updated - the rooms were out of date and the indoor facility needs a facelift in most areas.

Overall I would highly recommend having your wedding here.

Profile Picture User2173520, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Wedding Planning

Everything was wonderful! The set up was gorgeous and everything up until the day of was incredibly well coordinated and organized. Andrea was very responsive and easy to work with. On the day of there were some miscommunication about the cake cutting/distribution and I had a hard time locating someone to help me but other then that things went very smoothly!

Profile Picture User3625692, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.9

The original consultant with whom we worked was extremely unresponsive and difficult to get a hold of, and left many details unresolved until it was almost too late. However, Wisp recognized the problem, replaced her, and we got to work with Carrie. Everything turned around immediately. It was great how quickly they were able to get everything set up, and the wedding reception was beautiful and perfect! We were able to customize our menu, do the decorating we wanted, and bring in our own entertainment. The staff at Wisp even coordinated with all the other contractors (photographer, decorator, bakery, band) on the day of the event so that we didn't have to worry about it.

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/17/09, 1 Review
3.7

We had Andrea from the Wisp help us, she was GREAT. She knows her stuff and overall did a good job. The food was AWESOME, everyone talked about how good it was. A few negatives, we were suppossed to have wedding tent until midnight, they staff started tearing down at 10:30. They ran out of miller lite with an hour to go and go rude with me when I told them to get more. Cocktail hour was not great because they were supposed to have an outdoor bar and did not. Ceremony was GREAT, it went smoothly. Overall I would have the wedding there again.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 8/16/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
3.5

We had a great wedding! Staff was flexible to work with and wedding planner was very helpful which made for a great experience. My only complaint would be that not all of our guests came to the wedding so we overpaid and were unable to get the extra food we paid for and no reimbursement. Overall was a very nice venue for the wedding!

Profile Picture User3375125, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
1.2

I had a terrible experience with my wedding here. The staff did the bare minimum, we were charged for things that were not originally discussed,it was hard to get ahold of anyone, my room was wrong when I first arrived, I went between two coordinators through the entire process and things were constantly getting confused and repeated, I could go on. The venue isn't worth the price, the hotel is nothing fancy, and I can't state enough how bad the staff was to work with. I regret holding my wedding here, though my wedding day was overall a good experience in itself.

Profile Picture Robyn, 10/22/16, 1 Review