59 Reviews for Wisp Resort

Champagne Toast (2)
Premium Liquor (2)
Indoor (1)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Pet Friendly (1)
Cash Bar (1)
Liquor License (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
China (1)
59 Wisp Resort Reviews

The staff was wonderful. Everything was completed as promised and they were very helpful with my food allergy.

Profile Picture Angela, 10/21/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was beautiful and the food was better than expected!

Profile Picture Kimberley, 8/13/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had my daughter's wedding, ceremony and reception, at WISP resort and were extremely pleased with everything. There was a lot of communication between Jamie and us. The ceremony site was beautiful, the reception was flawless. The food was excellent, service excellent and the room itself looked absolutley beautiful. I would not hesitate to recommend WISP resort for your wedding.

Profile Picture Louise, 7/23/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The wisp was amazing. The consultant Carrie took great care of me up to the day before the wedding. Though she wasn't at the wedding the staff there was amazing. Every detail was perfect. the staff at teh wedding was friendly. Everyone at the wedding commented that the resort was amazing and my wedding could not have been better.

Profile Picture Christie, 5/29/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wisp went far beyond our expectations. From the wedding coordinator down to her interns to the caterers and bar staff. Everyone was just so nice and accomidating. I was worried the mountain top wouldnt be set up in time for our wedding due to rain, but it was and it looked beautiful. The reception was in the grand lodge and when I walked in, it simply took my breath away. They are VERY professional and well worth the money!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/28/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wisp did a wonderful job handling all the details they promised without me having to worry about anything. They were ahead of schedule with room setup and very on top of cleaning everything up as the event went on. Everyone we worked with was very professional and accommodating. And the prices could not be beat!

Profile Picture Meredith, 11/6/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We found The Wisp Resort to exceed our expectations for our daughter's wedding reception. The staff at the Wisp was very accomodating, and worked well with our wedding planner, DJ, and photographer. They were open to our needs and provided many suggestions. The food was well prepared and enjoyed by the guests. This was a destination wedding, and having such a qualified group of professionals made our daughter's dreams come true. We would highly recommend The Wisp Resort for your wedding venue.
Sincerely,
Michael and Karen

Profile Picture Michael, 10/8/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wisp Resort is an absolutely stunning location. We had a mountaintop ceremony overlooking the lake and valley below, and the views were breathtaking. Wisp also was a great value for the location, much more reasonably priced than other "destination" locations. The food was excellent, as were the staff, and our wedding planner Carrie took care of EVERYTHING. She was extremely helpful and was always willing to answer any questions we had. I was very impressed by the Wisp Resort, and so were our guests. Thanks for everything!

Profile Picture Bethany, 6/26/10, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Carrie Luekel made my wedding day run smooth and unforgettable!! She went over and above her duties to make our day very special!

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/5/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Event Coordinator, Carrie, was a dream to work with. Can't say enough good things about her - love her, love her, love her.

Profile Picture Tammie, 5/1/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a great experience with planning our wedding and throughout the wedding day! We had our ceremony under the pavilion on top the mountain in the middle of June, which was simple and beautiful with the natural surroundings. The reception was back down at the mountain mist tent, by the lodge, which was very convenient for our guests staying at the lodge. The food was delicious and everyone was so helpful and professional and the team worked with us to make sure we had exactly what we wanted to make it the wedding we wanted! I would recommend Wisp Resort to future couples!

Profile Picture janelle , 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Our guests are STILL raving about how beautiful and fun our wedding was at Wisp Resort!! When I was searching for venues, I kept hitting roadblock after roadblock. Then my husband suggested Deep Creek Lake. I called Wisp for more information, found out they had the date I wanted AND were within our budget, so I knew it was meant to be! We started working with Andrea, but when she had to leave in the middle of our planning for maternity leave, Kelsey stepped in. We felt extremely comfortable in both of their hands. We actually had our rehearsal dinner (Wispers), ceremony (mountain-top), reception (Mountain Mist Tent), and Sunday brunch (Wispers) at Wisp, so coordinating all of those events and working with both myself and my mother-in-law, took someone very organized, but Kelsey did a great job! Both Andrea and Kelsey - actually, EVERYONE at Wisp - went above and beyond to accommodate us and all of our questions, requests, emails, and more. Some of these included: special menus, dropping off decorations early, many guest bags for check-in, and last-minute guest cancellations. Guests really enjoyed the variety of activities at the resort, from the mountain coaster to the white water rafting to the pool for the little kids! The views from the mountain top ceremony are gorgeous. Guests couldn't stop talking about the beautiful Mountain Mist Tent for the reception.
The not-perfect rating is due to two snaffus in the reception: the champagne wasn't poured in time and the cake cutting cutlery wasn't ready in time, which made for some awkward pauses to the festivities. I'm not sure where the communications got lost for the timing of those events.
Overall, though, from the planning, communications, accommodations, and all of the weekend events, everything went very very smoothly! As I said, guests are STILL saying it was the best wedding they've ever attended!

Profile Picture User4703616, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Glassware, Linens

My Husband and I are so happy that we decided to have our Reception at the Wisp Resort. Not only was it convenient to have all our out of town guests stay in the hotel there, but everything was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for more. Andrea, the wedding coordinator, was patient with us throughout the process, and was so helpful. Even though she had many other events on her plate through out the summer, she was always on top of email and getting back to us with answers to our questions. She was really a great help and was so easy to talk to. The food for our receptions was amazing. Our guests were so impressed by the food selection, that they still can't stop talking about how wonderful and delicious it was. We really enjoyed everything, and it was really a great value! We highly recommend the Wisp!

Profile Picture Alecia, 7/27/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wisp resort was a terrific option for our wedding. My husband's family is mainly in Pittsburgh, along with a significant portion of our friend base, and my family was in North Carolina so it was a great middle ground. However, what really set Wisp apart for us was their willingness to work hard to accommodate what we needed. I keep worrying that we were the difficult couple of the summer even though I tried to make things easier on them. My husband's side is Muslim so there were a lot of things that Wisp needed to rearrange to accommodate both sides of our families. They did so terrifically! Andrea is the wedding coordinator there and she outshines everyone! I thought she was just supposed to be a day-of coordinator, but she was so helpful throughout all of the months leading up to the wedding. (We still had to do the decisions and work, but she was extremely helpful with suggestion and accommodating our plans.) The room that they booked for us for our first night was gorgeous, the golf course ceremony site was so tranquil, and the Lodge with the mountain view and sparkling light string chandeliers was perfect. It was great having our wedding in such a vacationy area too since we got to spend quality time with our guests before the big day too!

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 5/26/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The entire staff at wisp was friendly and accommodating to us and our guests. Helpful even in the case of last minute changes. We still have family and friends commenting on the friendliness of front desk staff and even maintenance and cleaning staff at the resort. I would recommend the venue to anyone planning an upcoming event. Andrea made the weekend run flawlessly. Couldn't ask for more.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/25/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's wedding and reception were held at the Wisp Resort. Having visited Deep Creek Lake yearly since she was born, she wanted to be married there. Any question I had was readily answered by the resort staff, whether by email or long distance phone calls as I live in Houston, Texas now. Even though there was a major staff change the day of the wedding the new staff members were well aware of all the arrangements and were very easy to work with and when a minor problem occurred, it was quickly and efficiently handled. It was nice not to have to worry about things and be able to enjoy her wedding. I will highly recommend the Wisp for any type of event you may be planning.

Profile Picture Sharyl, 5/29/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I have a love for Deep Creek as that is where we had our first date, he proposed there, and we have had many date nights there. So it was obvious that our wedding had to be there. We were a bit concerned about a couple of the previous wedding coordinators leaving for new jobs but Jessica and Katie were great to work with. They answered all the many questions that my mom and I had all the time. We got married 9..10.16. The ceremony was on the mountaintop and the reception in the tent and the day could have not been more gorgeous. I can't tell you how many guests commented on how great of a wedding it was. It was a day we will never forget and we will definitely be back to visit many more times to come.

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

After looking at several venues in the Deep Creek area, my wife and I visited Katie at the Wisp. We liked the bed and breakfast and farm locations, but there would be a ton of work to do. As soon as we left the Wisp we knew we were going to pick it. There are so many options for the ceremony and reception, the price was comparable to the others, it had many more perks, and Katie was willing to make a lot of the details for us that we didn't want to make. They would come to us with a few options, and we would pick the one we liked the best.
Another huge selling point for the Wisp is the showcase they hold each spring before wedding season. With one trip and about 4 hours, we were able to set our menu, pick a florist, decide what kind of cake we were going to have, and get details on activities for our guests while they stay at the resort. The Wisp is a great location to have a wedding because there is so much to do at the resort, our guests loved the mountain coaster, zip lines, play grounds, etc.
To sum it up in a word, the resort and the wedding coordinators made the wedding EASY. And that's what we were looking for. We definitely recommend the Wisp- send Katie an email, you won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Chris, 8/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Glassware, Linens, Outside Cake, Stations, Tastings

I had my wedding on 5/29/16. Unfortunately, it rained and we had to change the ceremony location last minute from the ski slope to the lodge. WISP staff did an amazing job at doing this all last minute. Our reception was in the tent, and everything was beautiful. I would highly recommend having your reception in the tent. The only downside was the bathroom location - located in the yurts a walk away. But WISP provided a golf cart for easy access when other guests weren't using it!
I would not however recommend ever staying at the WISP resort. The staff working the front desk were unaware of so many things including a fire alarm in the middle of the night (they couldn't confirm with guests if it was an emergency or not, and it continued for a good hour at 2am). The rooms are also all in need of major (and I mean major) renovations. In addition, some of my wedding guests had to change in other people's rooms because their room was not ready in time for the 4:30pm ceremony. One of my guests even had to pump in a conference room because her room was not ready! Crazy.

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 5/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Indoor, Parking, Glassware, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Tastings

We had our wedding at Wisp over Memorial Day weekend, and I want to thank everyone for making the day amazing. Especially Andrea, who always answered all our crazy questions, and helped us every step of the way. She is great to work with, and it helped so much that she was there to assist since we were coming from Pittsburgh. The ceremony site on the mountaintop is what I loved about this venue, its windy but totally worth it. We rented the golf cart for guests to take them from the parking lot to the site, it is a little far so it was helpful and fun. I recommend riding the ski lift down after being married just the 2 of you. It was the only alone time we got during the day and was one of my favorite parts of our wedding. We were able to go in Friday to the Lodge and decorate, which was what I wanted since I had DIY most of my decorations. The windows make the reception area in the lodge really special. We had a buffet with a carving station which was included in the price, and the food was delicious. We set the cocktail hour up to the side of the reception area, and that turned out really nice. We had nothing but compliments about the resort and venue from friends and family. Make sure when guests book a room they call and don't do it over the internet to get the proper room block rate, that was the only issue we had. I also recommend getting rooms in the tower. Our guests also enjoyed he bar on site. Over all, I couldn't of asked for a better day or venue, it was everything we wanted!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My husband and I were looking for a place in the Deep Creek Lake area to get married, and we just fell in love with Wisp’s mountain top ceremony location. So, we booked with Wisp!

I do have to share that the first month into our booking at Wisp, the staff was short a wedding coordinator. With that said, we had a frustrating time getting answers to our questions in a timely manner, among a few other things. We also did not receive the best response from management when we reached out to them to discuss our frustration.

HOWEVER, even though we did not have a great experience at the beginning of the process, everything completely turned around when they hired their Wedding Coordinator, Andrea! Andrea is just fabulous. She is friendly, has excellent customer service skills, is organized, responsive, and even offers thoughtful suggestions! It was great working with her. My husband and I both felt confident that our big day would go smoothly with Andrea coordinating everything. And it did!

Our wedding day was even better than we could have imagined. The mountain top ceremony location was beautiful – all of our guests couldn’t stop talking about the great views. The reception was fantastic as well. Everyone said that their entrees were delicious, and it seemed as though everyone had a great time!

My husband and I both agree that our wedding day was the best day of our lives, and we owe much of that to Wisp and to Andrea for helping everything to go as planned. Several people told us it was the best wedding they had been to. Thank you, Andrea, and thank you, Wisp!

We would highly recommend Wisp if you are looking to have a wedding in the Deep Creek Lake, MD area – we live 3 hours away, but we love the Deep Creek area and found it was a great location for our guests to travel. Many of our guests enjoyed the amenities at Wisp (like the mountain coaster) and Deep Creek during their stay. 5 stars for Wisp!

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/6/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mountaintop venue was absolutely wonderful, reception very well done.

Profile Picture Jim, 7/2/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great place for both the ceremony and reception! Everything went smoothly. The guests raved about the food. All the staff were very accomadating. Carrie and her staff were awesome! I had a wonderful, stress-free day all because of the Wisp. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the MD/WV/PA area.

Profile Picture User1380547, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Carrie took care of everything that we needed for our wedding, and was extremely helpful and resourceful, even down to finding me a hair stylist who would come to the resort! We had a beautiful reception and even the weather was perfect! Definitely recommend Carrie and Wisp Resort for your wedding :)

Profile Picture Erin, 11/28/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just had my wedding, the ceremony and the reception, at the Wisp Resort, August 20, 2011. I worked primarily with Jami Bonitz, and she was there for me every step of the way. She worked with me on any concerns I may have had, and for the most part, anything I wanted that I did not think they would be able to do, SHE made it happen, even if it really was not within her duties. She was great, the venue was great, and the price was moderate. Compared to other venuues in that particular area, the Wisp is pretty fairly priced. Definitely a "must see," if you are looking to have a wedding in the beautiful, Deep Creek Lake area of MD!!!

Profile Picture Bobbi, 8/20/11, 1 Review