53 Reviews for Wisp Resort

Wheelchair Access (2)
Indoor (1)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
Scenic Views (1)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
In-House Bar (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Barware (1)
Flatware (1)
53 Wisp Resort Reviews

we change our venue month before to our wedding, and choose Wisp Resort and didn't regret. They did it everything we ask, Katie Morris person who help me a lot with my wedding. very thankful.
only florist I hire was terrible Jan Florist.

Profile Picture Nazira, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Wisp provided wonderful food for our outdoor reception at Swallow Falls State Park. The staff was always very professional and accommodating, especially when rain caused us to move our ceremony under cover where they were setting up the buffet table. The food was great and enjoyed by all. We included hot dogs on our menu as we had lots of kids under 10 invited - they were a big hit with kids and parents alike! Thank you to all of the staff for helping us enjoy our wedding day!

The only negative we have is that because it was catering off site, when they left, all food we had paid for went with them due to FDA regulations (including very edible, even after two hours outside, apple pie).

Profile Picture Kate, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would say , go for it . They helped in every way to make the wedding and reception perfect. If you want an outdoor wedding the mountain top is spectacular. The food was amazing and displayed beautifully. A special thank you to the Wisp team. Mother of the bride , Debbie H.

Profile Picture Debbie, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Wedding Cake

We were so impressed with the Wisp wedding experience! We had a small wedding (less than 20 people), but felt like we were treated as if it was a huge wedding celebration! Katie, our wedding specialist was fantastic! She was on top of everything and made the day perfect! I would highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Kathy, 7/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography

Wisp Resort was hands down the best place to get married. Our wedding coordinator, Andrea, was absolutely fantastic and so accommodating. When she had to take maternity leave about a month before our wedding, Kelsey was able to step in and was just as great. I am very detail oriented and appreciate getting things done way in advance so there are no last minute worries, and both Andrea and Kelsey were there every step of the way with me and really stayed on top of things. Our first encounter with the resort was actually with Lisa who showed us the property and answered any questions we had. Despite that summer day being cold and rainy, she promised us that if we booked at Wisp, Andrea would make sure the weather on our wedding day was perfect...well we booked and she did not disappoint as it was sunny, there were puffy clouds in the sky and the temperature was around 75 degrees! It was a great day for us and the guests to take a chairlift ride up to the ceremony at the top of the mountain and for the reception in the Mountain Mist Tent. It was beautiful and the guests were so happy as well. Everyone is still raving about the food and the awesome service and many said it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Thank you so much for making our day so perfect and one we'll never forget!

Profile Picture User5263393, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding at the Wisp Resort was the best decision!! Andrea, the event coordinator, was amazing to work with. We originally had planned for an October wedding but needed to change our date. We were able to move up the wedding nearly 5 months sooner and the process was seamless to me. Andrea gave great recommendations for the DJ, cake, florist and ceremony music. We got married on the greens outside the Mountain Mist Tent and my day couldn't have been more perfect.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Andrea was wonderful to work with and communicated quickly with us and was always touching base. Everything was taken care of before we asked and she made it about what we wanted our day to be! Wonderful venue, wonderful service, and amazing memorable wedding!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Andrea was great to work with and plan our wedding and reception. Everything turned out great and I'm so happy we chose Wisp Resort as our wedding location.

Profile Picture Krista, 8/23/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding on the mountain turned out to be beautiful!!! We had so much help and didn't have to worry about a thing! The food was wonderful as well!

Profile Picture Meghan, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Everything about our ceremony and reception was just perfect. We did not have to worry about a thing - the staff, and especially the wedding coordinator Andrea, took great care of all of our guests and of us. We had our ceremony at the Mountain Top site, and our guests were in awe of the view. The Lodge made for an impressive reception venue - the food was excellent, the ice cream sundae bar was a hit, and everyone had a fantastic time.

Profile Picture User4317172, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hosting our wedding and reception at Wisp Resort was nothing short of amazing. Andrea helped us coordinate all of the details and made sure everything was in place as we had planned. We took the chair lift to the top of the mountain for our mountain top ceremony and the views were spectacular. We were the first to use the newly added reception tent on the property and it was beautiful. From start to finish, everything was as smooth as could be making our special day as perfect as anyone could wish for. I would highly recommend this location to others!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I couldn't of ask for a better day..... Even with the sudden ceremony site change due to sudden rain fall. Thanks to Andrea and crew, quick turn around made the day amazing! There wasn't a single dry eye in the seats. Andrea was very easy to work with and flexible. Felt as she became part as the family during process and now miss having to contact her! The wedding site was beautiful and all compliments

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/3/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking for the perfect Deep Creek wedding, book it at Wisp Resort! A bride is under a lot of stress planning a wedding, and Wisp Resort and their Wedding Coordinator, Andrea Fitzwater, took all of that stress away! I can't describe the amount of professionalism, attention to detail, knowledge, expertise, responsiveness, kindness, and care this Resort and their staff offers. The staff was absolutely incredible. It's been a month since my wedding and my family and friends are still talking about how they want to plan a vacation their, simply because the staff was just so amazing. They really went over the top. Andrea was the best part though. We considered a few different places in Deep Creek to get married, and we decided on Wisp Resort entirely because of Andrea. She was so responsive and caring from the first time I talked to her, that I couldn't have possibly gotten married anywhere else! When you plan a wedding, you want to know you will be taken care of and in good hands. And that's just what I felt with Andrea. She truly cares and wants your wedding to be unforgettable and perfect. She was available via phone and email the entire process. And the wedding day, she was there to make sure all of the little hiccups were taken care of and I was not the one dealing with them (even though, as far as I know, nothing went wrong!!). Our wedding was beautiful and flawless, exactly what everyone wants for their special day. I wish that I could relive it at Wisp Resort every single day! Truly an amazing and unique experience - I guarantee any future wedding held here will be just as perfect as mine was!

Profile Picture User4122403, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Andrea fitzwater was amazing and I will highly recommend her and the wisp to anyone planning a special event!

Profile Picture Christy, 9/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Andrea was awesome!!! She was more like a friend helping than a person just doing her job. She was amazing and would recommend her to anyone!! :)

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Andrea really made the crazy wedding planning process SO much easier. She made everything seem so easy with her calm, cool, and collected personality and she knew a lot of the vendors in the area, making my job easier, as she could communicate with them, so my day could be as stress free as possible. I really appreciated her hard work. The Wisp wedding experience would not be the same without her!

Profile Picture User3553207, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Wisp Resort. They were wonderful to allow us to have half of the catering provided by a Halal restaurant in Pittsburgh. The plating fee that we paid for those guests was a bit higher than we had hoped, but it still worked out to about the same for each type of guest. It is amazing all of the work that they do for you included in the package. Andrea was our wedding coordinator for the day and helped out so much. She was fantastic at communicating with us about how we wanted everything to look and even helped out with some things super last minute. I'm so thankful that we decided to have the wedding at Wisp - because we got a wonderful, beautiful, personal wedding at such a great price.

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 5/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Wisp was wonderful! We definitely picked the right place. We ended up having to do the indoor ceremony due to weather, but it was still beautiful (and we managed to get outdoor pics). The food was great and our guests had a great time. The staff was great, especially Andrea. She was soo helpful. She was always an email or phone call sway throughout the planning process, and she was a lifesaver organizing and coordinating everything that day.

Profile Picture Amy, 5/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wisp was the perfect location for our wedding! Everything went so smoothly and that is thanks in large part to our wonderful wedding coordinator, Andrea! She was there for us every step of the way and offered helpful suggestions when we needed them. She thought of every single detail and kept us on track during the weeks leading up to our wedding. The day of our wedding was perfect. Andrea did such a great job of making sure that everyone knew where they needed to be and what they needed to be doing. It was so great to not have to worry about anything.

We also really loved the ceremony site options. The golf course site was absolutely beautiful and it was nice that guests didn't have to walk too far to get to it (although Wisp had a golf cart available to shuttle guests if needed). There was a great backup site in the lodge by the fireplace in case of rain, but luckily we were able to use the golf course site. The reception area worked out really well too. We had about 130 people at our wedding and the lodge provided plenty of room so that it didn't feel cramped. The windows looking out on the slopes provided a great backdrop for the reception.

Our guests also really liked that they could stay at the lodge. No one had to worry about driving after the reception. Plus there were plenty of fun activities for everyone to take part in. We had a bonfire the night before which was a lot of fun and a great way to welcome our guests.

On top of all that, Wisp was relatively affordable in comparison to other venues we looked at. The alcohol was a little pricey since you can't take in your own, but everything else was pretty reasonable.

I highly recommend Wisp! It is a beautiful place, and Andrea will make sure you have a wonderful wedding!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff was wonderful. Everything was completed as promised and they were very helpful with my food allergy.

Profile Picture Angela, 10/21/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was beautiful and the food was better than expected!

Profile Picture Kimberley, 8/13/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had my daughter's wedding, ceremony and reception, at WISP resort and were extremely pleased with everything. There was a lot of communication between Jamie and us. The ceremony site was beautiful, the reception was flawless. The food was excellent, service excellent and the room itself looked absolutley beautiful. I would not hesitate to recommend WISP resort for your wedding.

Profile Picture Louise, 7/23/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The wisp was amazing. The consultant Carrie took great care of me up to the day before the wedding. Though she wasn't at the wedding the staff there was amazing. Every detail was perfect. the staff at teh wedding was friendly. Everyone at the wedding commented that the resort was amazing and my wedding could not have been better.

Profile Picture Christie, 5/29/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wisp went far beyond our expectations. From the wedding coordinator down to her interns to the caterers and bar staff. Everyone was just so nice and accomidating. I was worried the mountain top wouldnt be set up in time for our wedding due to rain, but it was and it looked beautiful. The reception was in the grand lodge and when I walked in, it simply took my breath away. They are VERY professional and well worth the money!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/28/11, 5 Reviews