Winter Park Racquet Club Reviews

14 | Winter Park, FL

14 Reviews for Winter Park Racquet Club

14 Winter Park Racquet Club Reviews

Julie · Married on 11/05/2016

My daughter fell in love with the Winter Park Racquet Club on first site. After visiting with her fiancé, they were both equally excited. The Racquet Club did an amazing job from start to finish... Alexis is the event manager, and she is super organized, super helpful, super thoughtful, and super attentive. In addition to making the planning easy, she arrived early and was the last one to leave. All of our decor, the gifts, and the leftover food was boxed up neatly for us at the end of the night. The décor was classy, but relaxed with its lakeside views. We loved the indoor and outdoor combination that the club allowed us. The arrival of the wedding party was scheduled by the lovely pool, dinner was inside the beautiful and spacious ballrooms, and then the party moved back outside for dancing on the pool deck with the lakeside view. The food was very delicious - everything! But we heard a lot of great feedback especially on the lovely fruit platter, the macaroni and cheese cups, and the coffee-rubbed pork medallions.

Koral · Married on 01/30/2016

Alexis and the WPRC staff made our wedding in January 2016 absolutely wonderful. They handled every detail and our wedding was absolutely stress-free due to their incredible staff. Alexis was absolutely incredible and essential in our wedding planning process-- she let us guide the vision for the event, but always provided thoughtful and appropriate guidance when we started getting off-track! She was an absolute dream to work with! The most common comment we've received from our guests was how absolutely delicious the food was-- everyone was raving about the options, presentation and taste! My husband and I were even provided with a waitress specifically tasked with making sure we had whatever we needed that night-- alcoholic drink? hydrating water? snack? She was on it! It was wonderful and made for an amazing night of dancing, eating and celebration! I am so happy we had our wedding at the WPRC!

From the early planning with Alexis, the event coordinator, to the production of the final event, this venue could not have been more perfect for my wedding reception. I booked with them over a year in advance and Alexis communicated with me through the entire planning process, serving as my wedding coordinator, even when I did not accommodate pay for that position. She answered my emails within minutes, made sure I got the drink package that would save me the most money but provide my guests the best experience, and invited us for a food tasting and accommodated what we wanted to try. I needed to play slideshows at my reception and she had the most perfect assistant, Jonathon, who knew the ins and outs of getting the video to work perfectly. He even spent his own time converting videos and putting them on a flash drive for us.

The details that they put into making my day more perfect than I could ever imagine were astounding. I dropped all of my decorations and activities (I had a very Pinterest driven wedding and made it all myself, including flowers) off at the Racquet Club with Alexis the week before the wedding, with labels on items and in bins. I am the kind of person who has a really hard time letting other people do what I want done, so I was extremely nervous about decorations/details getting placed properly. Let me tell you- when I walked into the reception on my wedding day, I nearly dropped to the floor. EVERYTHING (and it was a lot) was PERFECTLY set up. From my photo albums, picture frames, small signs, and center pieces, it could not have been done better.

I got SEVERAL compliments on the quality of the food at the Racquet Club. We had fried mac and cheese bowls, vegetable rolls, and bruschetta as our appetizers and the pecan chicken and sea bass as main entrees. People RAVED about the mac and cheese. Guests also complimented the awesome, quick, and professional service by the waiters/waitresses. Overall, most MAGICAL day ever thanks to WPRC.

Beautiful venue, excellent food and atmosphere.
    Alexis does a phenomenal job at organizing and planning the event. She is the highlight of this venue. Pleasure to work with and she is so helpful!
    The food was delicious. People are still raving on how well Chef Bill prepared the meals for such a large group. The filet and seabass were better than any 5 star restaurant in town!
    Overall wonderful experience.
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Alexis is in charge of the events at WPRC. She is exceptional and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. She was always available to answer any questions we has. Very positive attitude and always willing to help. She made the planning experience a breeze!
    Chef Bill was phenomenal! He prepared wonderful appetizers we has passed at the cocktail hour and the dinner was delicious! We still have guests commenting on how perfect everything was! Wonderful overall experience! Highly recommend for an u forgettable evening!

Jennifer · Married on 11/01/2014

Words cannot describe what a beautiful venue the Winter Park Racquet Club is! Not only is the location beautiful, but the staff is incredible! They are so accommodating and sweet! From the moment I walked in on my wedding day to the moment we made our boat exit on the lake, everything went perfect. I can honestly say that Alexis and her staff made the day flow and go perfectly. Everything was set up just as I had requested it and service was incredible. Not to mention the food. We received so many compliments on our food from the chef at the racquet club. It was absolutely delicious. Hands down I could not have picked a better venue for my wedding day!!

Andrea · Married on 03/01/2014

Our wedding couldn't have been more perfect and that was due, in large part, to the Winter Park Racquet Club, the incredible staff and the jack of all trades, event coordinator, Alexis Dickinson. For starters, the location is stunning - situated on Lake Maitland, the view from both outside and inside, is to die for. Because the club is in a residential area, it lacks that commercial element that many weddings have that are in a hotel. We have always felt at home there and felt that way on our wedding day. We wanted an indoor/outdoor event and the club is completely set up to accommodate that perfectly. No matter what you're envisioning, the club can be transformed to your hearts desire. As if that wasn't enough, the staff, food and service we received was second to none. I have never had a bad meal there and Chef Wolf takes great pride in customizing menus and giving you exactly what you'd like. The servers and staff were so attentive as well. If you didn't know there was a bar area in the club, I wouldn't be surprised because you never had to get up to get a drink! One of the most thoughtful things they did for EVERYONE in our bridal party, was make take-home boxes of food for us at the end of the night. Considering its difficult to eat because you're so busy - that was so considerate and very much appreciated! All of the set up that was required of the staff went off without a hitch. I can't say enough good things about all of the details that many venues would nickel and dime you for, that were included gratis by the club. Méryl, the marketing coordinator, made our wedding programs, menus, food and dessert cards & everything was exactly what we wanted! We did not hire a wedding coordinator or planner and while it could have been scary not doing so, we made the decision 100% because of how amazing Alexis was at helping us with every single detail. This woman is incredible! She helped everything go perfectly! Thank you so much Alexis & WPRC!

Dawn · Married on 11/10/2012

We loved working with Alexis and the team at WPRC! What a backdrop too with the blend of the facility to the exterior lakefront. The chef knocked it out of the park too! All the guests commented on how great the food was and how beautiful the facility turned out.

Carly · Married on 11/26/2011

I cannot begin to explain how thankful I am for Alexis and the staff at the Winter Park Racquet Club. We had both our ceremony and reception there, and everything was literally perfect. Alexis assisted me to plan the entire event (I did not have a wedding planner), and we did so over the course of 6 months and about 160 emails. She always provided prompt responses, and she gave me excellent advice and guidance on the best ways to do certain things. Her suggested rental companies were wonderful, as well. She organized our rehearsal, met with our officiant, corresponded with the rental companies, and basically made sure that every last detail of our day was planned and executed to perfection. On top of that, she worked with us and our semi-limited budget, and we were able to have what felt like a million-dollar event on a much MUCH smaller amount. The ceremony was beautiful overlooking Lake Maitland, and there are great places for photographs down by the boat dock. The food was delicious, the drinks were plentiful, and the atmosphere of the room was exactly what I had envisioned. If you are looking for a place to have a beautiful ceremony and an awesome party afterwards, I highly recommend Winter Park Racquet Club.

Tracie · Married on 08/14/2010

We held our wedding at the Winter Park Racquet Club on August 14th 2010. We cannot express enough, our gratitude for their hospitality. First and foremost, we booked our wedding completely site-unseen from Colorado. We went by pictures and the welcoming demeanor of the staff. When we arrived the week before the wedding, we both walked into the venue and we were astonished on how pretty the venue was. My new husband looked at me and whispered how fortunate we both were to be having our wedding there. The Racquet Club is located within a brick-street neighborhood, off of Park Avenue, surrounded by beautiful Private estates. We knew that this venue would be great due to the location (close to our ceremony location: Winter Park United Methodist Church) and that it was a higher-end look in decor, therefore allowing us to be eased up on bringing in a large amount of decor. We had floral by Robin Sky and she had filled the venue with enough white and ivory Roses and Hydrangeas to supply an army. It was breathtaking to see everything set-up at the venue when we arrived for our grand entrance. So many of our guests have commented about the GREAT food, the buffet set-up (amazing!!!!) and the location. Not to mention the family and bridal pictures at the WPRC dock, at sunset. It was just the most perfect day! We thank Alexis (the Catering Director), the Chef and the staff. Not to mention our DJ Service (Premiere Entertainment: Carl), he has worked with WPRC quite a bit and they had worked together to really host the reception to-a-tee. We just cannot express our gratitude enough. It was a perfect day, that we will absolutely always remember.

Amanda · Married on 02/27/2016

We could not have been happier with our venue choice! The highlight was working with Alexis whom is the on site coordinator. She is so accommodating and flexible with any request. We were able to change up food and bar options with no hesitation. The food was delicious and prepared perfectly and we are quite picky when it comes to that! The staff did an amazing job catering to our guests and having an assigned server for the bride and groom was a nice touch. Even during photos outside, our server was in the wings with snacks and beverage available. We strongly feel the success of our wedding was largely tied to the professionalism of the venue and their expertise with wedding coordination. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

• F

Danielle · Married on 10/22/2011

Everything went well at the Racquet Club for my wedding. The staff is very attentive and service is superb. The one thing I would recommend though if you book with them is to know exactly how many people you are having. In the end you will get a bill for what you promised. Say if you told them 98 1 week before, but you originally promised 100, you will receive a bill for those 2 after the wedding. All in all a great place, beautiful. Alexis and staff are great to work with.

Alexis really came through for us the day of the wedding. She executed each station, table setting, placement of all last minute details beautifully. The racquet club looked divine. I appreciated the intimate affair. The food was delicious!!

1.4
      0.5
      1.0
      2.0

Although the view out the main dining room window is stunning, I can say that was all that was stunning during a recent wedding. Several table linens did not fit the size table and when asked about that we were told they did not have the right size for all their tables. If you are having a party over 100, they do not have the same glasses to put on every table so we had two different water glasses. When asked about that they said our guest will never know. We had to go into the kitchen and ask the servers , who were all gathered around talking and eating, to please clear the tables. One server told me she was the only one clearing 80 seats because everyone else was there in the kitchen cleaning silverware.We had chargers under our plates and they never picked up the Chargers until I requested them to take the charges off the table. For half of the time, for a 165 person wedding , we had one bartender. We had a specialty drink for a martini glass but was told they did not have enough martini glasses because we were having Mac and cheese in those glasses. That was fine but when it came to the Mac and cheese being serve it was in a huge bowl. Hum ......no glasses. When the cake was cut we all expected coffee but was not served until I went back into the kitchen and ask for them to serve the coffee. One server said to me , I guess we can, how many cups would you like. Two severs Mike, and Adellade were fantastic they served coffee for about 70 people. The manager of the night went home about 11:00 so no one knew who to talk to if there was a problem. I could never recommend this venue to anyone.