Wingate's Cake Design Reviews

Wingate's Cake Design 7
  • Linda

Linda Moran · Married on 06/15/2019

This cake.

Magnificent wedding cake. Our guests raved and whenever possible, we have wedding cake for dinner.

Sent on 07/09/2019

John and Lisa Langtry · Married on 06/01/2019

Lisa and john wedding

We just wanted to thank Lauren for the making such a beautiful wedding cake . I had a vision in my head of what I wanted my Rustic Wedding cake to look like, and Lauren saw that vision and on the day of my wedding my cake was not only Beautiful( that it took my breath away) it was DELICIOUS , My guests were coming over to us and telling me how awesome it was and where did we get it. We also had some of her amazing desserts, and at the end of the night we didn't have anything left . my favorite was the eclairs!!!!! Lauren Thank you for being a part of our wedding and making it amazing.

Sent on 06/20/2019

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Lisa, we're so happy you loved all your wedding desserts! It was a pleasure working with you and John, congratulations!
  • Jenna

Jenna Greer (Tinsley) · Married on 11/09/2018

Perfect sweets!

We had no idea where to start in looking for a cake for our wedding and based on web reviews we tried and went with Wingate's and are SO happy we did! Lauren was so great to work with and easy to get in contact with. We were able to taste multiple things at our tasting which made things easier. We went with just a small cake for ourselves to cut, which was the vanilla bean cappuccino, and very delicious. We then did the dessert bar for our guests so they could walk around with desserts or bring them home. Our guests loved all of the options (cookies, mini strawberry cupcakes and cheesecakes) and they were all gone by the end of the night! We definitely recommend working with Lauren for your wedding sweets!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Thank you Jenna! I'm so glad you loved all your desserts! It was a pleasure working with you both. Maybe we'll see you for a baby shower cake soon ;)
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 10/21/2018

Lauren is friendly, professional and did an absolute amazing job with our cake. She worked to make it just as we needed and wanted.

Everyone raves at the beauty of her presentation and delicious taste of our cake!
    She’s wonderful to with and did an exceptional job down to every detail.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Rebecca · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Wedding Cake

Not only was our cake absolutely delicious, but it was beautiful! Very easy to work with. She made our cake even better than I could have imagined! You won't be disappointed. Thank you again, Lauren! Will definitely recommend and think of you for future events.

Sent on 12/15/2018
    Wingate's Cake Design 12
    Wingate's Cake Design 13

Anne · Married on 10/06/2018

Wedding Cake

Lauren was so easy to work with and created our perfect, delicious, wedding cake! We were able to have different flavors for different layers of the cake which helped with the decision making, and the final look fit our wedding so nicely. Lauren listened to everything we wanted, was responsive, professional, and she’s incredibly talented! We would highly recommend using Wingate's Cakes for wedding/specialty cakes.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Cara · Married on 09/30/2018

Lauren was incredible. Our cake was absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted, not to mention absolutely delicious! She was great to work with, very flexible. We got different flavors for each layer and which was great because I never would have been able to choose just one, everything was so good!

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Wingate's Cake Design 14

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Thank you Cara! I'm so glad we could be a part of your special day!

Lisa Benedetti · Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing cakes and service!

Lauren makes the most delicious cakes! She made our wedding cake and birthday cake, we received nothing but rave reviews from our guests. We went with a layer of rosè and chocolate salted Caramel . Guests loved the unique flavors. Lauren was very to work with and extremely helpful! Will use wingate’s cake for any future cake needs!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Desiree · Married on 09/01/2018

Lauren was so easy to work with. She knew exactly how to bring my wedding cake to life. Her cakes are delicious too! There’s no sacrificing style for taste. Lauren can do it all! Thank you so much! Will definitely return for any cake-related event.

Wingate's Cake Design 15

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

You’re welcome Desiree! It was a pleasure creating your beautiful wedding cake. Hope to see you soon!

Elfreida · Married on 08/25/2018

Lauren was fantastic to work with. I made a lot of changes to the size and design of the cake. She was flexible and professional. The cake was beautiful and delicious, I received so many compliments.

Shannon · Married on 08/18/2018

Lauren was an absolute pleasure to work with. I gave her my idea and my cake came out better than I could have imagined. Hands down the best cake I have ever tasted and my husband was the one who chose the cake!

Wingate's Cake Design 16
    Wingate's Cake Design 17

Britta · Married on 08/11/2018

I chose Wingate's for my wedding cake, and I am so happy that I did! Lauren setup a beautiful cake tasting, which was a lovely experience for my mother-in-law and me. The wedding cake on the big day included two flavors that were a big hit with everyone! The cake was absolutely gorgeous and Lauren created something that matched my overall garden theme. Instead of saving a piece of cake in the freezer for a year, a common tradition, I told my husband we can't wait that long to eat it! We'll have to order another cake for our one year anniversary. Delicious and gorgeous!

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Thank you so much Britta! Your secret garden wedding was beautiful!

Bria · Married on 08/11/2018

Wingate’s cakes was so professional and made me feel so comfortable with how they were handling my cake. My wedding cake came out gorgeous! Even though the florist didn’t give enough flowers Wingate’s made it work and it came out amazing as well as sooo delicious!! Everyone loved it!

Wingate's Cake Design 18

Chelsea · Married on 08/10/2018

Lauren at Wingate's Cakes was wonderful to work with! Booking her was an incredibly easy and professional process. We sampled three cake flavors at our tasting and all we're so delicious! We chose the hummingbird cake for our August wedding. We went with a very simple ivory naked cake and it looked absolutely beautiful!

Wingate's Cake Design 19

Christine · Married on 07/29/2018

Lauren of Wingate's Cakes did our wedding cake for 7/29/2018 and it was delicious and gorgeous! She was great from our first tasting to responding to emails. The cake flavors we got were Honey Lavender, Lemon Raspberry, and Coconut Passionfruit. They were moist and interesting flavors- we loved it! Thanks, Lauren!

Sent on 08/12/2018
    Wingate's Cake Design 20

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Thank you Christine! So glad you loved your wedding cake!

Phil · Married on 07/27/2018

We found Lauren through a tasting at the location of our wedding. She was always exceptionally friendly and responsive to any questions. She worked with us to make sure the cake for our special day was exactly what we wanted!

Erica · Married on 07/21/2018

My guests said it was the most delicious wedding cake they have ever tasted- and obviously the most unique- it was upside down!

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Thank you Erica! It was a pleasure creating this chandelier cake for you!
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 07/14/2018

Unbelievable taste. Everyone raved about the flavors and design. Lauren is a true artist. Would recommend her highly.My cake was just what I pictured. GoteamGeode

Sent on 07/20/2018

Thank you Crystal!

Caroline · Married on 06/30/2018

She did my wedding cake. A hidden Gem. Delicious,unique and truly a guest pleaser.

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

thank you Caroline! I'm so glad we could make your day a little more special!

lauren · Married on 06/30/2018

I didn't want a traditional wedding and Lauren was able to perfectly execute my design with real edible flowers pressed to the cake! It was beautiful and so special for my garden party themed wedding. Lauren was so easy to work with and was to understand and accommodate all of my requests in a very timely manner. The cake we choose was honey lavender and it was the BEST cake I have ever had. The balance of those two flavors was pure perfection. It was an excellent choice and all of our guests thought our choice was very unique. I was extremely HAPPY with my wedding cake and it was definitely a highlight for me.

Sent on 08/30/2018

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Lauren, thank you so much for your raving review! (the honey lavender is our fav too!)

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2018

Lauren made my dream wedding cake come to life !!! I didnt want your typical round wedding cake instead I wanted a 3 tier square cake and thats exactly what she made . All my questions were answered and she replied to all my emails right away. Not only was I in awe but all my guest were extremely impressed and I couldnt be more thankful for how AMAZING my cake turned out ! Thank you so much Lauren for everything !

Wingate's Cake Design 21

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Thank you Stephanie, it was a pleasure!

Calindy · Married on 06/23/2018

Wedding-perfect cakes and cupcakes!

Lauren was so easy to work with! She understood all the different custom aspects that I wanted for our day! She did a beautiful cutting cake for us, a grooms cake my husband had been dreaming about for years and 150 cupcakes that were 3 different flavors! Everything was absolutely delicious and the cupcakes were half gone before dinner even started! We have gotten so many compliments on the cupcakes and grooms cake from our guests. I just wish I lived closer so that I could buy from Wingate Cakes more!

Sent on 04/05/2019
    Wingate's Cake Design 22
    Wingate's Cake Design 23
    Wingate's Cake Design 24
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 05/05/2018

I originally tried a sample of one of Lauren's cakes at a bridal show. I do not even like cake, and I couldn't believe how good it was and knew I did not want to go anywhere else for our cake. My fiance and I saw a photo of a chandelier cake online and knew that was what we wanted. We contacted Wingate's and asked her if it was something she could do. She said she never made a hanging cake before but did not even hesitate for a second to take on the challenge. When we went in for our tasting, she surprised us with a model chandelier cake so we could get the idea of what it would look like. Lauren was amazing to work with! We went over the ideas we had of what we wanted the cake to look like, and Lauren exceeded our expectations. I was in love with what she did! She took our crazy vision and made it a reality!! And the best part was it tasted as good as it looked!! All of our family and friends were commenting that it was one of the best cakes they ever had. Lauren is incredibly talented and her cakes are gorgeous! I will definitely be contacting her for events in the future and we would highly recommend Lauren at Wingate's Cakes to anyone getting married or looking for a specialty cake.

Sent on 05/16/2018
    Wingate's Cake Design 25

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Thank you Kara! It was a fun journey making your dream cake a reality!

Elizabeth · Married on 02/18/2018

My mom ordered mini cupcakes, cannoli, and a small cake from Lauren for our engagement party. The red velvet and chocolate mocha cupcakes were amazing!!!! The cream cheese frosting was spot on and the chocolate cupcakes were so moist the just melted in your mouth. The fact that they were bite size was very dangerous. The cake was decorated to look like a birch tree (which fits our wedding decor) and it was beautiful. The cake was also red velvet and again was delicious. The cannoli were also very good. We barely had any desserts left over because people ate them and were asking to bring some home. I highly recommend reaching out to Lauren and ordering from her. If we weren't having our wedding in South Carolina we would have ordered our wedding cake from her. But we will definitely use her in the future for other cake-worthy parties!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

So glad you loved the desserts!