Wingate's Cake Design Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Alyssa
    Alyssa Married on 08/28/2021

Wedding Cake of my dreams

Lauren and her crew made the most beautiful and delicious cake imaginable. I gave Lauren creative freedom to design the cake however she wanted.....it was a special treat to be surprised when we went the the venue. She was able to get my style and go from there. I would 1000% recommend!
    Melissa P. Married on 07/31/2021

Wedding day

Wingate Cakes Design did an amazing job with the dessert bar at our wedding. It was so beautiful, almost to beautiful to eat! Everyone was raving about how great the desserts were, they were truly amazing! Thank you so much! Highly recommend.

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

You're so welcome Melissa! We are so happy you loved all the desserts! Congratulations to you an Mike!
  • Jeff
    Jeff H. Married on 07/24/2021

Amazing Cake and Desert Table 7/24/2021

Lauren and her team did a fabulous job. She was so accommodating and supportive when we had to reschedule our 2020 date. I am incredibly indecisive and Lauren was so great working through several design changes with us! She provided a cake made for 100 guest plus a full desert table (rose all day cupcakes, cinnamon buns, mini eclairs, lemon squares and strawberry shortcake shooters)...our guests devoured every piece!! It was all truly delicious, we still have family and friends talking about how amazing the deserts where! Side note: my husband and I love french macrons and over the last two years have become frequent guests on the weekends to pick up a dozen or two. My mother ordered macrons for our wedding shower as guest gifts and once again everyone raved about how good they were! Hands down one of the easiest decisions we made when planning our wedding! Thank you Lauren for everything we will be in soon!!!
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 06/19/2021

Best cake ever!

Lauren was the best! I booked with her before my wedding in 2020 but had to reschedule due to COVID and she was more than amazing and rescheduled me right away for my June 2021 wedding. I told her what I was looking for and what colors where in my wedding party and the cake came out amazing. I originally had a cake for 150 people but that was reduced to 90 people and she accommodated with no problem. I wish I could put a picture up of my cake because it was so beautiful. Also every guest loved the cake!
    Jessica R. Married on 04/10/2021

Wedding 4/10/21

We used Wingates Cakes for our dessert for our wedding and we are so happy we did! Price was extremely reasonable and the cake was delicious! Lauren was very easy to work with and very professional!

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Jessica, we're so happy you loved your wedding cake and that we could be a special part of your big day!
  • Michele
    Michele K. Married on 08/28/2020

Exceeds all Expectations!!

Lauren from Wingate exceeds all expectations!! From the tasting, to the ease of delivery over to our wedding on Block Island, she made everything so effortless. The cake was gorgeous and tasted even better. We received countless compliments— our guests ate all of the cake and loved every bit of it! We had a lower guest count due to covid- we ordered our original size wedding cake and it was STILL all gone. Thank you Lauren!!
    Emily D. Married on 08/16/2020

The best!!

We got a single tier wedding cake and cupcakes for our guests (red velvet and vanilla with strawberry buttercream) and they were amazing!! Lauren is so professional and SO talented! We got so many compliments from all of our guests and could not have been happier! We will definitely be back!
  • Ashley
    Ashley B. Married on 07/17/2020

Delicious!

Our wedding cake was such a hit!! It was SO beautiful!! It was also beyond delicious!!!!! We also had an assortment of desserts and our guests enjoyed them so much!! We KEEP getting compliments! Thank you Wingates!!

-Ashley & Eric Carvalho
  • W
    Winnie Married on 03/11/2020

Amazing cake flavors and beautiful designs

Choosing Lauren to make our wedding cake was a no brainer as my family and I have been going to Wingate's Cakes for a few years. She did such a good job and we couldn't be happier. The cake flavors were amazing especially the red velvet which is my favorite. Lauren was responsive and accommodating to my questions and last minute requests. I highly recommend them.
  • ShelbyAnne
    Shelbyanne Married on 11/09/2019

Wonderful Cake Design & Desserts!

Wingate’s Cake Design provided us with an absolutely beautiful wedding cake (Honey Lavender) and delicious assortment of desserts. Our wedding cake was a beautiful semi-naked cake that perfectly matched what I requested. In addition, they have a great variety of displays you can rent to make your dessert table beautiful!
    Melissa F. Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing work!

Lauren was great to work with! We had 3 different flavor cupcakes for our wedding and a smaller cake to cut. All flavors were delicious! Some guests tried all 3 and loved them! Lauren puts in a lot of time into her work and it shows!! I would definitely recommend Wingate for your next event!
  • Katherine
    Katherine P. Married on 09/28/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Lauren was absolutely amazing to work with from start to finish. I gave her total artistic freedom on the design of our cake and she blew me away. I told her the color scheme of our day and she created beautiful cake that exceeded my expectations. On top of her amazing decorating skills, the cake was delicious. We picked the mocha madness and honey lavender flavors. All of our guests really enjoyed it. I will recommend wingate's cake design to everybody I know from now on.

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

We are so glad you loved what Chef Wingate designed for your big day! Thank you so much for the lovely review.
    Jennifer Married on 09/21/2019

Looks beautiful, tastes amazing!

Our first experience with Wingate’s Cakes was our tasting for our wedding. We were provided our 3 flavor choices and left to devour and deliberate. They were all so delicious that we couldn’t choose, so we got them all! Lauren listened to our design ideas and provided her professional opinion on what would look best. Lauren was flexible when we asked to take one layer out of our wedding cake to have a special birthday cake to present to a family member during our reception. The hardest part of ordering from Wingate’s was waiting a year to eat the cake! Thankfully my mom ordered cupcakes from Lauren for my bridal shower too! and their once a month pop up shops are great for getting your fix and trying other goodies. Everything is amazing!!
  • Rachele
    Rachele S. Married on 09/06/2019

Perfect :)

Our cake was perfect and soooo delicious (and I don’t even normally like cake all that much)!!! We chose both Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake and Strawberry Shortcake For our small 2 tier wedding cake. Delivery to the chanler was seamless and included in the price and Lauren was so easy to work with! Can’t wait to order an anniversary cake!!!
    Allison Married on 09/06/2019

TheBigDayForCandA

We had a three tier wedding cake and three different flavors of cupcakes for our wedding. Everything was DELICIOUS!

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Thank you Allison & Cory! We are so happy that we could help make your day a little more special and sweet!
    Jade M. Married on 08/11/2019

Dessert Bar and Wedding Cake

The cake and dessert bar was perfect! It was all gone within an hour of it being put out! Highly recommend!

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Thank you so much Jade! We are so glad we could help make your day a little more special! (and sweet!) XOXO
  • Linda
    Linda M. Married on 06/15/2019

This cake.

Magnificent wedding cake. Our guests raved and whenever possible, we have wedding cake for dinner.
    John A. Married on 06/01/2019

Lisa and john wedding

We just wanted to thank Lauren for the making such a beautiful wedding cake . I had a vision in my head of what I wanted my Rustic Wedding cake to look like, and Lauren saw that vision and on the day of my wedding my cake was not only Beautiful( that it took my breath away) it was DELICIOUS , My guests were coming over to us and telling me how awesome it was and where did we get it. We also had some of her amazing desserts, and at the end of the night we didn't have anything left . my favorite was the eclairs!!!!! Lauren Thank you for being a part of our wedding and making it amazing.

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Lisa, we're so happy you loved all your wedding desserts! It was a pleasure working with you and John, congratulations!
  • Ashley Girten
    Ashley Married on 05/18/2019

Cake of my dreams!

I’m so insanely impressed and grateful and just over the moon for the cake Lauren (the owner of Wingate's cakes) made for us. It was literally my dream wedding cake! Back when we first got engaged I made a list of my top 3 wedding priorities and cake was one of them. And we went on a very serious hunt tasting cakes because I was adamant it needed to be both beautiful AND delicious (many wedding cakes I’ve have in the past we’re pretty but tasted like nothing). After looking at and speaking to about 15 different bakeries in the area, we felt so confident when we chose Lauren for our wedding. I am so amazed how she was able to hear hear all my crazy ideas and piece them together to literally make my dream wedding cake. On our wedding day, I cried when I finally saw it. It was literally exactly what I’ve always envisioned AND it tasted AMAZING!!!! We will 100% be visiting Newport again in the future for anniversaries, vacation, etc and will definitely be coming to her again for mini versions of our same cake. Every single guest at our wedding raved about our cake, both the style and the flavor. People were standing around it taking photos all night. I’m still in awe. We ate so much leftover cake the days after our wedding. I can’t say enough good things and I am so grateful to have found Lauren!!! The color of our cake matched our theme perfectly, the detail was so on point with our style and vibe, the flowers were so dreamy and vibrant, and the height was AMAZING in creating such a grand presentation for a cake that only needed to feed a relatively small crowd. People were saying it didn’t even look real, it was so perfect. Thank you times 10000000 Lauren. Our cake was such a huge part of my wedding vision and she executed it flawlessly and I can’t thank her enough!!!!!

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

We are so happy you loved your cake Ashley! We look forward to seeing you and Will for anniversaries!
  • Jenna
    Jenna G. Married on 11/09/2018

Perfect sweets!

We had no idea where to start in looking for a cake for our wedding and based on web reviews we tried and went with Wingate's and are SO happy we did! Lauren was so great to work with and easy to get in contact with. We were able to taste multiple things at our tasting which made things easier. We went with just a small cake for ourselves to cut, which was the vanilla bean cappuccino, and very delicious. We then did the dessert bar for our guests so they could walk around with desserts or bring them home. Our guests loved all of the options (cookies, mini strawberry cupcakes and cheesecakes) and they were all gone by the end of the night! We definitely recommend working with Lauren for your wedding sweets!

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Thank you Jenna! I'm so glad you loved all your desserts! It was a pleasure working with you both. Maybe we'll see you for a baby shower cake soon ;)
  • Pamela
    Pamela Married on 10/21/2018

Lauren is friendly, professional and did an absolute amazing job with our cake. She worked to make it just as we needed and wanted.

Everyone raves at the beauty of her presentation and delicious taste of our cake!
    She’s wonderful to with and did an exceptional job down to every detail.
    Rebecca Married on 10/20/2018

Best Wedding Cake

Not only was our cake absolutely delicious, but it was beautiful! Very easy to work with. She made our cake even better than I could have imagined! You won't be disappointed. Thank you again, Lauren! Will definitely recommend and think of you for future events.
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Cake

Lauren is great at what she does. I gave her examples of what I wanted for a cake and she went above and beyond. Not only was the cake gorgeous, it was delicious as well! All guests loved the cake. My husband and I were a little sad when it was all gone, lol.
    Anne Married on 10/06/2018

Wedding Cake

Lauren was so easy to work with and created our perfect, delicious, wedding cake! We were able to have different flavors for different layers of the cake which helped with the decision making, and the final look fit our wedding so nicely. Lauren listened to everything we wanted, was responsive, professional, and she’s incredibly talented! We would highly recommend using Wingate's Cakes for wedding/specialty cakes.
    Cara Married on 09/30/2018
    Lauren was incredible. Our cake was absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted, not to mention absolutely delicious! She was great to work with, very flexible. We got different flavors for each layer and which was great because I never would have been able to choose just one, everything was so good!

Wingate's Cake Design's reply:

Thank you Cara! I'm so glad we could be a part of your special day!