Wingate Plantation Reviews

13 | Johns Island, SC

13 Reviews for Wingate Plantation

13 Wingate Plantation Reviews

Cady · Married on 10/20/2018

Nothing short of amazing!

Where do I begin? From the get go we automatically fell in love. You couldn’t beat the prices, the scenery, and of course Sarah (the venue’s wedding coordinator) was so sweet and accommodating from the very beginning. It was everything we had imagined it would be. I had pictured church pews on the lawn by the oak tree with Spanish moss at my wedding, and they created that for me. My favorite part of the whole experience was working with Sarah. If we wouldn’t have had her as a coordinator, I wouldn’t have had someone to help bustle my dress, make sure we ate, keep the ceremony and reception organized, and so much more. She was a life saver! And we can’t thank her enough for everything she did to make our day special. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Haley · Married on 04/28/2018

Wingate Plantation was a no brainer for us. My husband and I live on Johns Island and had driven by it several times, so when it came time to choose a venue, this was our first (and ended up being our last) consideration. You can tell from the pictures that it is a beautiful setting, but seeing it in person was even better. We chose to have both our ceremony and reception at Wingate, and everything was flawless throughout the entire day. The bridal suite was fantastic, and was perfect for myself, 8 bridesmaids, and my mother to get ready in that morning. It's unlike any other venue in Charleston that I've been to, but still has the "Southern charm" we were looking for. We have received countless compliments from our guests about the setting.

Sarah was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was responsive, organized, and accomodating throughout the entire process. She made our lives so much easier!

I really could go on and on about how wonderful our experience was with Wingate. Truly positive from start to end, and I would recommend it to anyone!

Wingate Plantation 1
    Wingate Plantation 6
    Wingate Plantation 7
    Wingate Plantation 8

valerie · Married on 04/15/2018

We absolutely loved Wingate Plantation as our wedding venue and Sarah was even more amazing!!! So patient and helpful. I seriously don't know how we could have done it all without her. Thanks to Wingate and Sarah for such a contribution to the best day of our lives!

Ashley · Married on 03/17/2018

Wingate Plantation was a dream from the moment we saw it! Everything was perfectly set up for us the day of and they made the day so easy! The bridal house made the process of getting ready much more convenient and it was an absolutely beautiful venue- even in February!

Wingate Plantation 9
    Wingate Plantation 10
    Wingate Plantation 11
    Wingate Plantation 12
    Wingate Plantation 13
    Wingate Plantation 14

Christina · Married on 02/25/2018

We had an amazing experience with Wingate Plantation venue and Sarah. She was very accommodating, and I loved to hear of their family's history of the land. Our wedding was beyond beautiful, it was everything I could ask for and more. I highly recommend contacting them for any of your events, it's a breathtaking setting!!

Adrienne · Married on 03/19/2017

We could not be happier about sharing the first day of the rest of our lives at Wingate Plantation! This venue is absolutely gorgeous at an amazing price! Just a short drive from the hustle and bustle of busy Charleston it was quiet and serene. No loud trucks or car horns in the distance. Plus, Sarah is absolutely wonderful and so easy to work with. Such a beautiful location with the Charleston Charm. We need to find another reason to have an event so we can go back! Thank you Wingate Plantation for making our wedding dreams come true!

We chose Wingate after looking at a lot of venues in Charleston. The white pews with the oak trees was everything we could have dreamed of. The coordinator at Wingate was amazing and was so easy to contact if we had any problems. Our day was amazing and our guest loved the location. It was the perfect southern wedding venue.

Lisa · Married on 10/07/2016

We could not be happier with Wingate Plantation for our wedding! Our original wedding was scheduled in October and was cancelled due to Hurricane Matthew. We ended up having to find a new venue and Wingate was such a blessing to us! Sarah is absolutely the best! She was so responsive, helpful and professional. Everything from the first phone call to the wedding day exceeded our expectations. We received compliments from all of our vendors about how professional and organized Sarah is. The venue, itself, is absolutely breathtaking!! It is perfect if you want the same location for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. All of our guests could not say enough about the location. We are so incredibly grateful to Sarah and that we had our wedding at Wingate Plantation. Everything was perfect and Sarah helped us make our wedding everything we wanted.

Maja · Married on 10/01/2016

Wingate Plantation is such a magical spot. It is secluded and amazing property for weddings! This was the first and last venue we looked - we knew this was the one the moment we saw it. Cheers!

Virginia · Married on 05/07/2016

When I first saw photographs of Wingate Plantation, I thought it would make such a beautiful backdrop for our May wedding in Charleston. The huge oak trees, the Spanish moss, and the tranquil ponds were exactly the look that we wanted for our wedding. And WOW- it was so much more than we ever could have imagined! Our wedding day at Wingate was absolutely breathtaking. Sarah, the wedding coordinator helped execute our wedding with such professionalism and ease. She was incredible to work with through the whole planning process, and her hard work really helped the day run smoothly. The option for both my husband and me to have separate spaces to get ready at the venue made it so convenient and saved us valuable travel time on the wedding day. Wingate Plantation provided such a beautiful backdrop for our wedding photos. I cannot say enough great things about Wingate, and I HIGHLY recommend choosing this location as your wedding venue if you are looking for a beautiful outdoor Charleston setting!

Catie · Married on 10/17/2015

Wingate Plantation is a beautiful venue for your perfect wedding day! Sarah is awesome to work with and will help make your special day unforgettable! Wingate has everything you want, oak trees, water, quiet, it's perfect!

I started researching wedding venues in Charleston SC immediately after my now husband proposed. I was digging for the perfect venue – somewhere beautiful, somewhere affordable, somewhere that was different. I came across Wingate and at the time, the venue was brand new, just starting out in the wedding world. I emailed Sarah, the Event Coordinator at Wingate, and she was super responsive, and we scheduled our first visit to tour the property. From the moment we pulled up, my husband and I knew this was the venue we were going to get married at. It had everything we wanted and needed for our wedding day – gorgeous moss covered oak trees, open spaces, a small cute bridal cottage with a full kitchen, a comfortable detached room with couches and a TV for my husband to get ready in, a huge permanent tent, and even a saltwater pond by husband could catch fish in! Wingate was already so pretty in its own state that we really felt like we didn’t need many additional decorations! All we added were linens and flowers – that was about it! We were so impressed with the simple beauty of the whole plantation! We loved the convenience of having our get-ready location, ceremony site, and reception all in one spot. Sarah was beyond WONDERFUL from the very start. She answered my many questions, was really helpful in securing the contract for us, and was great about responding to my texts, calls and emails leading up to our wedding day. The day of our wedding, I can honestly say everything ran incredibly smoothly, and a big reason why was because of Sarah. We had no hiccups on our wedding day because she kept everyone on time and focused!! I was able to relax in the bridal cottage with a wedding day mimosa while I had my hair and make up done, and literally not worry about one thing!! Definitely make a visit to Wingate..you will NOT BE disappointed! Highly recommend this venue and would not change one thing about our wedding day.

Catherine · Married on 05/29/2016

This venue is absolutely stunning! The picturesque oak trees and lush green landscaping make for a simply beautiful backdrop for any special occasion. It is such an added bonus that the tent, tables, and chairs are included! I added some of the lovely church pews for my ceremony and they were perfect. Sarah was wonderful as my day of wedding coordinator. She saved me a ton of stress throughout the entire planning process. I highly recommend her and Wingate Plantationfor anyone's big day!