Windy City Production Reviews

Windy City Production 6
Windy City Production 7

Lacy · Married on 07/12/2019

Truly amazing work!

Sam and Katie are amazing! We had Sam as our videographer for our wedding back in July at The Brix on the Fox and his wife Katie did all of the editing for the video and we could not be more happy with how it turned out! Throughout the entire process, they made sure they knew exactly what type of video we were going for and they were affordable compared to many other videographers that I priced out, so ultimately it was a win-win! The day of our wedding, Sam was punctual, easy to talk to and pretty much ran the whole show! Our video would not have turned out nearly as good if it wasn't for his creative ideas and ways of getting us to come out of our shells! He even surprised us before our first dance with a same day teaser and shocked everybody there! We received so many compliments from our family and friends about how amazing it turned out and how they couldn't believe how fast he put it all together ! They also have a 2 week turnaround time and emailed us 13 days after our wedding saying it was ready for pickup. Another great thing is that they only require a deposit when you book and the remaining balance isn't due until 2 weeks after your event when you go to pick it up from them! I can't say enough great things about this couple and their company -- they're worth every penny!

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/03/2019

Remarkable!!

If I could give more than five stars I would. A few years back I saw the video and pictures that Windy City Productions captured of a friends sisters wedding and fell in love with their work. When it came time to plan our own wedding I immediately wanted to sit down with them to see what more of their work looked like. As soon as we met with Katie I was so excited (and not just because she had her fur babies with her in the office that day, that was just a huge plus). Their work speaks for itself. We got married on May 3 of this year. Katie was our lead photographer and she had a second shooter with her as well as a videographer. The day was seamless. From the moment they arrived they were quick, professional, and so easy and fun to work with. I knew our pictures and video were going to be extradorinaiy just by the amount of work and heart they put into each shot that day. I'm pretty sure my husband wanted to kill me because I kept talking about how excited I was to see their work when we were on our honeymoon. True to their word, we received our wedding video yesterday, only 10 days after the wedding, it is beyond beautiful. My entire family and friends are in awe of their work. Our wedding pictures are just about completed and I cannot wait. Their work speaks for itself, but meeting them, talking to them, and working with them is the real treat. You will feel so at ease and have a lot of fun, as you should on your wedding day! HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Windy City Productions, you will make one of the best decisions for your biggest day (besides the spouse you choose of course). Thank you so much Katie and Sam! You guys are truly the best!! I hope to use you guys to capture our family as it grows in the future too! Love you guys!!

Sent on 05/14/2019
    Windy City Production 8

Amanda cushnie · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing photography!

I have been over the moon about my experience with Windy City Productions. They made my day SO special and were so helpful every step of the way. They ran the show and I am so happy I booked with them. They were so sweet and kind all day and night. I got my pictures and videos back so quickly and I still can't stop looking at them! They did an amazing job! They exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to have these special memories from their wedding day!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Beth · Married on 12/31/2018

NYE Wedding

Believe me when I say there is NO ONE ELSE out there who you would want to capture your wedding day other than WCP! When it came to planning our wedding, my husband and I agreed that the most important thing was having phenomenal pictures and a beautiful video so that we could relive our NYE wedding for years to come. Katie and I connected from our initial phone consultation and the rest is history! Sal and Natalie were our wedding photographers and a 5 Star review does not even begin to explain how happy we were with their attention to detail, guidance, professionalism, and friendship. We had our photos and video before we were even back from our honeymoon! I found that a two week turnaround is unheard of, so the fact that WCP promises your photos that quick was definitely a huge selling point for us. I know that there are hundreds of companies out there, but no one can compare to Windy City Production. We are so lucky to have found them and can confidently say hiring WCP was the best and easiest decision of the wedding planning process!

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely LOVE our photos and video!!!

We had the pleasure of working with Sal and Kathy for our wedding on November 3, 2018. They both were extremely professional and handled us and our insane wedding party with ease and didn’t bat an eye when I was over an hour late for our first look. I spoke with Katie directly for the 11 months leading up to our wedding and she was extremely responsive and answrred all of our questions. We knew we picked the right company to go with! Even after the wedding they continued the responsiveness and we were at ease knowing we would have our fully edited video and photos within 2 weeks of our wedding which was unheard of! And we did! Within 2 weeks we had our video and all of our photos not only on a google drive but our video was printed on a dvd! All of our family and friends cannot believe how quick we received everything and how amazing our video is! They were able to capture every moment and we will have the most amazing memories for the rest of our lives thanks to them! Highly highly recommend!!

Sent on 01/06/2019

Tyler B · Married on 10/05/2018

Amazing Video! Amazing Service!

We can't say enough good things about our experience with Windy City Production. Katie brought tons of positive energy to our big day and went far above and beyond what we expected to get some fantastic shots. On top of all that, the services were affordable and prompt. We did not have to wait long for the final video and we we got it, we were blown away. Katie did an amazing job putting together something that captured all the key moments and was meaningful to us. Even 6 months later, we still watch it all the time!

The only negative was that, at times, it was hard to to get regular communication from the WCP team. That being said, the quality definitely proved worth it and we'd definitely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 04/14/2019

Deborah · Married on 09/15/2018

Finding the right photographer/videographer was a challenge in itself. Finding AMAZING photographers/videographers is a whole other ball game. When I came across Windy City Productions, I fell in LOVE instantly with their work. As I started to work with them to get ready for our wedding, I got to know Katie. Katie is a very sweet individual who really wants to make sure they are providing the best service possible for a seamless day when it came to pictures and videos. Although Katie was not our day of photographer/videographer, she sent an amazing duo team, Sal & Kathy. I honestly did not know what to expect from a photographer/videographer because this was the first time using such a service. All I can say is that I had the most POSITIVE wedding experience anyone can ask for. Sal & Kathy felt like they were apart of the family. They were so nice and very attentive to all the details and doing their best to service us in any way. I had an issue with my dress and Kathy was trying to do everything she could so that I would feel comfortable. I wasn't expecting that at all. I was receiving compliments left and right about how nice that was. And Sal. I can honestly say he was a true GENTLEMAN. The bridal party was taking pictures in our robes and with satin robes, they can slightly expose certain undergarments if not to careful but Sal did his true best to either turn around or walk away or let Kathy know "Hey can you tell her to close up her robe." Honestly is was very sweet and refreshing to see a person be very professional. My husband and I felt so comfortable with them that we hugged them after the wedding and were so thankful. They were just amazing and I would highly recommend then and even hire them again for other occasions.

This positive review is a few days after our wedding and although I do not have all my pictures or video footage yet, I know I will not be disappointing. I will share an update once I receive everything.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Sara · Married on 09/01/2018

I just love Karie and Sam! They are the best and best! I had really great memorial with them! They are very patient with me ( I have so many picky and detail requirement, they all try to satisfy me!) People may consider that the price is high, but I honestly think it’s worth! I had work at the media industry, it’s very time consuming to editi photos and videos! I am surprised not only their quality but also the speed( they can delivery your work within two weeks)! I had a DIY wedding, they respect me and schedule appointment to deep discuss with me about all the detail of the wedding! I really appreciate about them! Also, they did not update profolio on time, definitely email and ask them send you more work! They have more awesome work but they did not post it online! They only thing I felt a little bit regret is: I was too busy during the wedding day and I don’t have a chance to take a picture with Katie and Sam!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Megan · Married on 08/31/2018

The best ever!

Katie and Sam were the best to work with. They made us feel so special on our wedding day. The quality of our photos and wedding video is absolutely amazing. We would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer and videographer!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Windy City Production 9

Alyssa · Married on 08/11/2018

My fiance and I have been in contact with Katie from Windy City Production for quite some time now. We made a trip out to her studio to see her work and discuss our options, and we quickly fell in love. Her work is just outstanding! The way she captures people makes you feel as if you were in the photo with them. She captures true emotion. We decided to use Windy City for our engagement shoot and for our wedding next August. Our engagement pictures turned out gorgeous! I cannot wait to see our wedding photos

Sent on 10/28/2017
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 08/05/2018

Amazing!!!

My husband Bobby and I absolutely loved our wedding movie. The whole team was amazing me and Katie talked for hours during our first meeting. We had the pleasure of having Kathy on our wedding day and she was PERFECT! She even helped me put my wedding dress on 😍

Sent on 10/25/2018
  • Dotson Wedding

Stacey · Married on 06/18/2018

This is a thank you to Sam and Katie for all their hard work and dedication in capturing the best parts of our day. Not only did Sam arrive early to get some amazing venue footage, but he took his time capturing wonderful shots from family, friends, and of course me and my husband. He even stayed later than normal for footage of our sparkler exit.

When I started the wedding planning process, videography was a low priority on my list... luckily my sisters-in-law talked some sense into me. However, our wedding was a destination so I had no idea where to begin. I relied on the reviews of other brides and Wedding Wire to help me find the perfect team.

Sam and Katie worked with us on timing, budget, and so much more. They exceeded our expectations on the day of and continue to do so in the transition of the footage.

So, long story short... If you are looking for a videographer or you are on the fence, do it and hire Windy City Productions!!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Tara · Married on 05/19/2018

The guests at our wedding could not stop commenting on how much they enjoyed Sal and Sam as they were capturing our day. Sal made us feel very comfortable and we had so much fun working with him. The price of our photography package was a great value compared to other companies in the area. Contacting Katie and Sal was always easy, and they were both very receptive to our desires for the day and the kinds of photos we wanted. I would absolutely recommend using Windy City Productions. The fact that many of our guests asked for Sal’s contact information shows how wonderful this company and its photographers are.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Chris · Married on 05/11/2018

Sal/Sam were the best. They made my wedding, the most perfect day ever. So friendly and funny. I felt like Sal was just another guest of mine. Like family. Love Windy City productions.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Allison · Married on 05/05/2018

Katie was amazing! As a nervous bride, she was always there to respond to any and all inquiries that I had. She was so easy to work with! We had a brunch wedding, so she had to be at our getting ready venue very early. She was on time, enthusiastic, and made sure we stayed as on schedule as possible! She knew exactly how to capture our wedding day. Our bridal party had nothing but great things to say about Katie, and she made us all feel so comfortable and beautiful. I am so glad I chose Windy City Productions for our photography.

My wedding day flew by. After the day was over, I felt like I could hardly remember every moment! Katie and Sam perfectly captured our day with video. When I watched the video, memories came flooding back. As a bride, there is so much coming at you from every angle, and it is so easy to miss the special moments! With the amazing wedding video they created, I am able to relive the best day of our lives. I am so thankful for Windy City Productions for capturing our wedding day in video and photography! They have such an eye and passion for what they do, and it shows!

Sent on 05/21/2018

A.M. · Married on 04/21/2018

Kathy, Katie, and the Windy City Production Team created an incredible teaser and cinematic video for our wedding! We were able to meet with them in person during the planning process, and they were very personable. (Plus, they had three ADORABLE Boxer dogs at their office!!!) They also finished the videos fairly quickly, and sent us those and all of the raw footage on DVDs in keepsake boxes. Thank you, Windy City Production!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Susan · Married on 03/10/2018

Stop looking immediately and book now! You have found the most amazing videographers in the country. Katie and Sam our the real deal. Extremely professional, create beautiful work, and go above and beyond what is expected of them. My entire wedding party and family could not stop complimenting them and their work. I also received my wedding teaser in a week and it was breathtaking! I would recommend Windy City Productions to anyone looking for someone to shoot their wedding day!

Sent on 03/28/2018
    Windy City Production 10

Kaitlyn · Married on 03/02/2018

We used Windy City Production for our wedding video and could not be more thankful! The owners, Katie and Sam, are incredibly kind and easy to work with as well. They truly know how to go above and beyond for their clients. From the beginning, Katie was quick to respond to emails and answer any questions we had. Kathy worked with us on our wedding day. She made sure to capture all of our special moments and make us feel really comfortable. She even got shots of details that our photographer didn't get! We were so pleased with her work. Thank you WCP for making our day so amazing! We are so excited to continue watching our video in the years to come.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Sharlene · Married on 11/25/2017

Katie and Kathy were so amazing! It was a delight working with them on such an important date. My husband and I are so glad we chose Windy City Productions as our photographer and videographers in our wedding in Miami, Florida. Unfortunately, we had some hiccups with the location we originally chose to have our first look at since it was under remodel; however, Katie and Kathy were so nice to help me choose a location. While we were all getting ready the morning of my wedding, Katie and Kathy decided to drive around Miami and look for places to capture the moment. They sent me pictures of the different locations and their ideas. They were wonderful, they made a stressful process so easy. I loved the fact that they had a timeline ready for us; which included our first look, pictures with the bridesmaids and groomsmen, family pictures, etc. Thank you so much for being there for us. Our pictures and video came out amazing!

Sent on 02/27/2018

Ashley · Married on 11/18/2017

We are SO glad we went with Windy City Production for our videography. Katie was so nice and pleasant to work with and is VERY accommodating. Natalie (the videographer) for our wedding was very friendly and easy to work with on the day of. If you are looking for a videographer, stop here and hire them! Thank you Windy City Production for your beautiful work!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Marcia · Married on 10/22/2017

We are so happy that we chose the team from Windy City Productions for our daughter's wedding this past year. Chrissy and Corey had a beautiful day and Katie captured it all! The photos, the video and the entertainment during the reception were all perfect.

Katie was able to discreetly catch all of the wonderful moments during the ceremony and the reception. The photos taken near the Fox River in downtown St. Charles were stunning. They also took photos of the bride and groom on the golf course at Pheasant Run where the reception was held. It was a beautiful October day and the photos were gorgeous. Katie even stayed longer at the reception than we had originally contracted to make sure she didn't miss a thing. We received over 900 photos! The videos of the ceremony and the reception were beautiful. They captured everything! We are so thrilled to have the memories of the speeches and the dances! We have already watched it several times.

Our guests had a great time dancing throughout the evening. Sam did a great job introducing events of the evening and keeping people on the dance floor. He even played "Go Cubs Go" the moment the Cubs won the final game of the National League Championship. What a night to remember!

We could not have asked for a better day for Chrissy and Corey. Thank you to Windy City Productions for capturing all those memories. We would highly recommend their services for your wedding!

Marcia and Brian

Sent on 02/21/2017

Annie · Married on 09/30/2017

more than 5 stars was an option, they wojld get it! The entire WCP Team is amazing ! We used them for photography, videography, and DJ for our wedding and they exceeded our high expectations!

Sent on 10/29/2017
    Windy City Production 11

Evann · Married on 09/23/2017

Sal, Katie and Windy City Productions were amazing! Sal captured so many moments that I didn’t even realize were happening. I also got to see so many moments I missed out on. Sal was quick, clear and concise; something a bride very much appreciates on her wedding day! Our video is beautiful and I am SO SO glad we purchased this service. Worth every penny!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Stephanie · Married on 09/03/2017

Our experience with Windy City Production was absolutely amazing! From the first correspondence, Katie was always on top of everything and very responsive and friendly. We planned our wedding from 1200 miles away, and I was never worried one bit about the videographer! They sent Cindy to capture our special day, and she was such a sweetheart! She was so warm and friendly - definitely made everyone feel comfortable, so much so that we didn’t even know she was filming half the time, all while capturing the most special moments. She has a creative eye without a doubt - our wedding cinema was breathtaking! On top of being a talented videographer, she was the absolute nicest person - even offered me a bobby pin from her own updo when I had a curl fall during photos! I highly recommend Cindy and Windy City Production! One of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Sent on 11/16/2017