Wind in the Willows Reviews

25 | Grantville, PA

25 Reviews for Wind in the Willows

Alyssa Heisey · Married on 05/30/2020

Excellent and accommodating

Aaron and Andrea were there for us throughout the big day and also very responsive to questions!! Changed our date very last minute and they were able and willing to work with us!

Sent on 03/14/2020
  • Miranda

Miranda Snyder · Married on 02/29/2020

Wind in the Willows

Wind in the Willows is a beautiful, rustic venue. The owners are very easy to work with and answer all questions quickly. Aaron and Andrea helped us out on the day of our wedding with lighting candles and turning on lights. They also helped us keep our popcorn bar stocked. Planning a wedding can be very stressful and knowing you have a venue that is beautiful and owners who are willing to assist you in any way alleviates some of the stress. I would recommend this venue to everyone.

Sent on 03/12/2020
  • Parker

Parker Coyer · Married on 02/08/2020

Amazing, hassle and surprise free weekend

We had an amazing wedding weekend here. My family had the reception dinner on Friday, and it was a seem less transition to the main event Saturday. The venue is absolutely gorgeous.

My favorite thing about this venue is the pricing structure. It's one price, all weekend, no extras. If they have it (chairs, tables, decorations, etc...) You can use it. That was such a relief after hours spent calculating total costs at other places, and after all that I was still sure there would be something i didn't see that would surprise us on the wedding day. None of that happened at Wind in the Willows.
    Aaron and his wife were amazing the whole way through. They were friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. Just amazing people to have in your corner for your big event.
    There's not one thing I would've changed about this venue, it was amazing and worth every penny.

Sent on 02/27/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica Lehman · Married on 01/25/2020

Perfect Day

Aaron & Andrea are wonderful to work with. They go above & beyond to make your wedding day perfect. They are very professional & make you feel like you’ve been friends forever. The venue is beautiful. We used a caterer & DJ from a list of vendors they provided. Both the caterer & DJ were awesome! I would Highly recommend this venue for any event.

Sent on 03/10/2020
  • Heather

Heather Ciaramitaro · Married on 12/07/2019

Amazing venue and amazing couple!

The first time we visited the Wind in the Willows it was dark outside but we knew instantly that it was perfect! The barn was gorgeous and lit beautifully with fairy lights and Aaron was amazing the entire time, and Andrea was so sweet and helpful as well! All my guests loved the venue and we were able to have everything all in one place from the rehearsal to getting ready, the ceremony and the reception, it could not have been a better experience. Aaron and Andrea are wonderful, I would highly recommend having your wedding at Wind in the Willows :)

Sent on 12/11/2019

Mackenzie · Married on 11/23/2019

Fantastic Experience!

This venue is a beautiful place to experience your special day! Aaron and Andrea are great people to work with. They are very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. They want you're event to be the best it can be, and will do whatever they can to help you make that happen! I highly recommend this venue for your wedding!

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Jeremy

Jeremy Stevens · Married on 10/19/2019

Best Day Of Our Lives

Best customer service I have ever encountered! Very little decorations needed because the venue is already breathtaking. We loved the inside/outside option. The venue was very clean and well kept. Venue provided additional decorations that saved additional money. Every aspect from staff to venue couldn’t have been more perfect! The venue was very affordable and the value we received was priceless! If you want to get married at a venue that the staff treats you like family and not just another business transaction, then Wind in the Willows is the venue for you!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Darien · Married on 10/12/2019

Perfect wedding experience!

Wind in the Willows is such a gorgeous venue, and it was perfect for our fall wedding on 10/12/19! Aaron and Andrea were fantastic to work with. They are so easy going and very prompt with answering any questions that we had. They also ensured that we had everything that we needed for our day and always went above and beyond for everything. They really care about their couples and want you to have an amazing wedding! Our guests had so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was. The property is breathtaking with the barn, pond, and willow trees. If I could give more than 5 stars, I would. I am so thankful to have chosen this venue for our wedding day & I recommend it to any couples that are looking!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea Castilow · Married on 08/24/2019

Thank you for a perfect day!

We absolutely LOVED our whole wedding experience at Wind in the Willows! We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception on site. Aaron and Andrea were great to work with throughout the process. email communication was great, especially leading up to our day. During the weekend, they were always available to help and checked in with us, but weren't overbearing, which we really appreciated. It was so wonderful to have the venue from Friday through noon on Sunday - we didn't see that option at any other venues we considered in this price range. Super great value! We loved that we had several outdoor ceremony sites to choose from and had a good backup plan to be inside if needed. We would choose Wind in the Willows all over again - they are really the best of the best. We are so grateful to them for helping us to have our best day ever!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Marisa

Marisa Kovach · Married on 08/17/2019

Dream come true wedding venue

Absolutely gorgeous and stellar venue! Our wedding was perfect. This venue had natural beauty with willow trees, a pond, and a two story barn with a rustic theme. There were lights in the trees outside as well as inside the barn which made for a truly beautiful ambiance. Aaron and Andrea, the owners, were awesome to work with. They were very accommodating, provided detailed answers to questions as well as helpful guidance and suggestions. They were also very easy to communicate with and responded promptly. Having the venue for the whole weekend allowed for flexibility and made the wedding craziness carefree. One thing about them that stood out is that they went above and beyond to help make our day special and stress free, for example there was a 10 minute surprise downpour minutes before the wedding ceremony. When the rain stopped, they went outside and used towels and a leaf blower to dry the chairs for our guests AND they used a leaf blower to dry off the 6 vintage cars which were to drive the bridesmaids to the ceremony. No water spots on the antique cars for pictures, the father of the bride was very happy! We are extremely grateful we were able to get married at this venue.

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Miller · Married on 08/10/2019

1,000 Thumbs Up!

My husband and I loved Wind In The Willows! The barn, land, decore, and assistance from Aaron absolutely made our dream wedding become a reality. Aaron was truly on top of everything from answering late night emails to helping the wedding party make our entrances. Plus, the pond, willows (obviously), and property buildings make the most beautiful backdrop for photography. We highly recommend Wind In The Willows to anyone looking for the perfect setting to celebrate their new marriage!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Amy

Amy Geiger · Married on 08/03/2019

Wedding August 3, 2019

We were recently married at Wind In The Willows on 8/3/19. Aaron and Andrea were amazing to work with. They went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for our day. And a special shoutout to Todd the groundskeeper who was there for every needed detail (even wiping off the chairs bc it rained right before our ceremony). The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and perfectly maintained. From the willow trees to the beautiful barn I cannot say enough good things about this venue!

Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful, Excellent, Perfect

Our wedding was held at Wind in the Willows on 5/25/19. First, the time of year was absolutely perfect and the grounds were absolutely stunning.

We booked our wedding with Dave and Pam back in January of 2018. Since then, they have brought in another couple- Aaron and Andrea. At first, we were a little scared but I can assure you, Aaron and Andrea do an amazing job.

Our communication with both couples was always prompt and they answered any question you had and gave wonderful suggestions, also were very patient with a million phone calls and emails leading up to the wedding. They do a wonderful job at keeping up with the facility and grounds, up to and literally an hour before the wedding, making sure everything was perfect. They were always there to check-in with the day of but did not hover over you or make themselves noticed. Aaron was taking pictures and texting me, while I was getting ready, just to make sure little details were exactly as I wanted. If we had anything that needed changed, they did it!

Our day was absolutely perfect and we couldn’t have done it with out with couple.

Not only is this venue one of the most reasonably priced, it is breathtaking and a hidden gem. The owners add to the experience as they are very personable and don’t treat you like another wedding and more $ in their pocket. They truly wanted to help make our day as special as they could.

Sent on 06/05/2019

Megan · Married on 05/19/2019

Incredible Venue, Incredible People

We absolutely love everything about Wind in the Willows! Wind in the Willows allowed us to be at the venue the day before, which was huge for setting up and creating the perfect day. In addition, we could choose our own vendors and had a lot of freedom in that area, which allowed us to save money and also make sure we had what we wanted. Aaron and Andrea are so compassionate, energetic, and willing to help - Andrea let us borrow her iron when we had tablecloth emergencies and she brought the bridal party cookies the day of the wedding :) Wind in the Willows allowed us to have the outdoor wedding of our dreams with the comfort of a BEAUTIFUL, air-conditioned barn for the reception. We keep getting comments on the beauty of the venue! We made the absolute best decision when we booked Wind in the Willows. We felt valued and important every part of the process, from the various tours to finalizing details in the months and days leading up to the wedding. We are so blessed to have had such an amazing wedding to look back on and a lot of that has to do with the people at Wind in the Willows. We wouldn’t change a THING about our wedding! Thank you, Wind in the Willows!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/18/2019

Absolutely Perfect

I cannot day enough to describe how incredible our experience was with this venue. So much professionalism and all truly cares about ensuring our day was perfect. Any questions were answered immediately and they were so understanding and accommodating. Not only are the staff incredible but the venue is absolutely breathtaking. It is a must for any brides-to-be !! Your experience will be beyond any of your expectations!!

Sent on 05/25/2019

Shannon · Married on 05/04/2019

Awesome people to work with, Beautiful wedding venue

We couldn't be more pleased with the experience we had with the Wind in the Willows. venue. I was a very particular and detailed Bride. Once we were about 3 months out from the wedding day, I had a lot of questions and Aaron was available via text or email and he responded quickly, every time. He was patient and helpful with every response. Once the Rehearsal and wedding day came, Aaron and Andrea were checking in on our families and me every hour to ensure that we had everything that we needed. They were very much a part of our entire experience. We would absolutely recommend the Wind in the Willows venue.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Jennifer Stephens · Married on 04/20/2019

Best venue in Central PA

The owners of Wind in the Willows were extremely helpful to us through the whole process. They were quick to respond to all of our questions whether it was through email or phone. They were always there for us when we needed them on our wedding weekend but never intrusive. The grounds and the barn are absolutely beautiful and make for great pictures. Our guests kept commenting on how wonderful it is there.

Sent on 05/01/2019

Jasmine · Married on 04/07/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

My husband and I had our wedding at the Wind in the Willows venue in April 2019 and we could not be any happier. The venue itself is breathtaking and the owners, Aaron and his wife are wonderful to work with. They were very accommodating and they take it personal to make sure that our wedding came out just as we dreamed of. The Wind in the Willows is highly recommended. We also could not believe the value! We had our ceremony and reception onsite which was awesome that our guests did not have to drive to two locations. We chose to have an indoor ceremony due to weather conditions and it was so beautiful. You really cannot go wrong with either an indoor or outdoor wedding because the entire venue is gorgeous. You can tell that Aaron and his wife enjoy hosting weddings and we felt right at home. I could write on and on about how amazing this venue and the owners are! Thank you Aaron and team for making our wedding the best way to start our happily ever after!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Heather · Married on 08/25/2018

Highly Recommended!!!

My husband and I got married here August 25, 2018. We fell in love with the venue’s scenery for our outdoor ceremony, and the barn was a perfect fit for our rustic chic reception. In addition to the venue itself, Wind in the Willows offered some amazing amenities that we could not find for the same deal anywhere else! We were able to use the facilities to decorate as we wanted from Thursday to Sunday afternoon which made it perfect for me to set up everything exactly how I wanted. We were also able to get ready in the bridal suite at the venue on the day of the wedding which was very convenient and took a lot of stress out of the day. We could choose all of our own vendors and did not have to pick from a specific list unlike many other venues, and we could purchase our own alcohol to be served by a certified bartender. Overall, Wind in the Willows is the hidden gem wedding venue in Central PA! The venue is outstanding, the people are friendly and helpful, and the amenities are unbeatable! I would highly recommend to anyone I know!!

Sent on 01/12/2019

Kristen · Married on 06/30/2018

Wonderful Venue & Even Better People!

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at Wind In The Willows on June 30, 2018. Dave & Pam were wonderful to work with and their venue is beyond beautiful. They were so hospitable and made sure that everything ran smoothly the day of our wedding. Dave and Pam treated my husband and I, our families, bridal party members, and guests as if they were family. They allowed us to visit the venue months before to see how other brides set it up and also allowed us to begin set up on Thursday before the wedding which relieved a lot of stress. Beyond the family atmosphere, the venue is gorgeous. My husband and I received SO many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the venue was and that was on a day that felt like over 105 degrees outside with the humidity. Despite the heat, everyone loved the venue and its beautiful surroundings. The barn with the lights was breathtaking and the willow trees around the lake create such a picturesque feel. I highly recommend Wind In The Willows for anyone looking for a venue in Central Pennsylvania. Thank you Dave and Pam for everything! We will remember our day at Wind In The Willows forever.

Sent on 01/02/2019

Molly · Married on 06/23/2018

From the moment I stepped onto the property of Wind in the Willows it instantly brought tears to my eyes as well as my fiance's eyes. We knew it was exactly what we wanted. The property is absolutely beautiful with a large pond, small, very cute cottage (in which the guys could hang out in prior to the wedding) and barn for reception. There are multiple areas on the property to choose where you could like the ceremony to be. There are endless opportunities for beautiful wedding photos on this property. We were able to have our rehearsal dinner there which was very convenient. My favorite part was on the day of the wedding, the bridesmaids are allowed to get ready in the small, quaint apartment on the property as well (it was perfect!). The owners are extremely professional, very responsive, and flexible. They were wonderful and easy to work with. You have the property from Thurs - Sun (which is extremely convenient!) The owners were available and around while the set up process was happening to answer any questions and help with any guidance to make your day go even smoother. They were also available as soon as the wedding was over to answer any questions about clean up. I feel the price for Wind in the Willows was very affordable, especially for being able to have it for as long as you do. Wind in the Willows made my wedding day absolutely perfect and better than my dreams. I am so glad I chose this venue. I have no complaints.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/07/2013

There are no words to describe how amazing & perfect Wind in the Willows is for a wedding venue. We wanted a venue that had tons of rustic charm & beautiful scenery for photos...Wind in the Willows was the only venue we visited upon starting our wedding planning & as soon as we pulled up to the property, I started tearing up & we just knew this was our perfect location! We were amazed at how gorgeous the grounds are & so perfectly maintained too! It had everything we wanted and more! Pam & Dave (the proprietors) are amazing to work with...The sweetest people you'll ever meet! They let us come by any Saturday morning we wanted (as many times as we wanted) to get ideas, etc. for our big day. They (along with June, the event planner there) all went above & beyond for us on our wedding day! We loved that they do not stipulate any "preferred vendors" and we were able to use whichever vendors we wanted, that was important to us. There are just so many wonderful physical aspects of this venue, the gorgeous lake, the adorable lake house that looks like it's from a movie, the red barn which is meticulous & just perfect, and I could really go on and on, the photo ops there were endless...We just had the best experience all around with Wind in the Willows & we are so blessed to have had our dream wedding there. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone, but book early because their calendar fills up fast!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Lauren · Married on 05/04/2013

I stumbled across photos of Wind in the Willows in a photo blog and fell in love. Pam and her husband are gracious hosts and their property is beautifully maintained. There are clear guidelines for what is permitted at the site and what is not, and all guidelines were reasonable and easy to uphold. We chose to use the property for the rehearsal, ceremony, and reception, but not for rehearsal dinner or Sunday brunch. Our guests were delighted with the rustic barn, charming boat house, beautiful lakeside ceremony site, and expanse of lawn perfect for lawn games. The photographer was thrilled to have so much natural beauty at the property. The wedding party used the in-law's quarters to dress and prep, which made the morning of the wedding relaxed and worry-free. Pam was more than happy to answer any questions and give suggestions in the year between when we booked and the actual wedding day. She encouraged us to visit several times, both when the barn was empty and then again when a bride had begun setup for a wedding. The expense of holding a wedding at Wind in the Willows is slightly higher than other sites, but we worked it into our budget and don't regret the tradeoff. Wind in the Willows is my "dream wedding location" and I would enthusiastically recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 05/06/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2011

We got married at Wind in the Willows and it was everything we wanted! We had to travel 2 hours to get married there since there was nothing like this at home. We were able to visit and plan whenever we wanted, use some of the things on site (barn is already decorated with lights, lanterns, has tables, chairs) and the photo opportunities are ENDLESS! we wanted the rustic fall wedding and we got it! Everything about our wedding day was perfect and Pam was excellent!

Sent on 10/28/2011
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 05/28/2011

Working with Wind in the Willows was overwhelmingly amazing. I saw the site in a magazine and after reaching the contact it was so easy from there. They are exceptionally flexible in every aspect. You can visit as many times as you'd like and get incredible input from the owner. Also, there are many "props" and things to use directly on site that is available to you. It cut our flower costs so much because we used their flower bins and used our bouquets for the head table rather than ordering additional centerpieces. The photo opps at this venue are endless!! There are great options for outdoor AND indoor ceremonies. I could go on and on about this place!

Sent on 06/06/2011