Willowdale Estate Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Dina O. Married on 12/31/2021

Willowdale Estate - Emily McTeague

My daughter and husband live in New England and chose Willowdale for their special day. With Covid, I could only see the venue on two occasions. Therefore, we relied heavily on the Willowdale staff to work their magic for this special day. It was beyond magical. Emily McTeague/staff knocked it out of the ballpark. It exceeded our expectations!!!
  • Samantha
    Samantha S. Married on 12/03/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

I had my wedding at Willowdale Estate in December 2021. Our wedding coordinator was Emily McTeague and all I have to say is WOW....between the venue just speaking for itself, the food being out of this world, our amazing team the night of the wedding and Emily being there for us every step of the way. I can honestly say we couldn't have done it without her! She is charismatic, smart, professional and made us feel so calm about the process. She gave us plenty of ideas and was also honest if she thought we were doing to much. She was always readily available by email and let me tell you, we had lots of questions and concerns especially planning and having a wedding during a pandemic. She was there every step of the way. The night of our wedding Emily started early just so I could get ready at Willowdale. She would keep checking on me and making sure I didn't need anything. She made sure the set up of everything went smoothly. Once we got started She kept us on time, fluffed my dress when needed it and gave us all the direction on how, what and where. Emily, you are a dream and amazing at what you do. You rocked it that night and it did not go unnoticed. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We couldn't have done it without you. As far Willowdale, every single person who attended said that was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. The plates were practically licked clean. My husband and I kept saying how pleasant and happy the servers were. The decorations for the holiday along with my own and the florist were incredible. I never saw myself being December Bride until I walked in to Willowdale Estate. I wouldn't change a thing and Thank you to Willowdale and the whole team! It was the best day of our lives and it wouldn't have been perfect without all of you.
    Devin O. Married on 11/27/2021

Absolutely Amazing

ABSOLUTE best wedding experience
  • Kara
    Kara M. Married on 08/28/2021

What an incredible venue and team

We celebrated our August 2021 wedding at the Willowdale and it was incredible. From the moment we stepped foot in the venue, we felt such a personal touch from the entire staff. During the pandemic they were communicative and fair. Closer to our wedding day we were assigned Emily as our coordinator. She was incredible! She took the time to understand our vision and priorities for our day, She was responsive leading up to our wedding and so helpful on our wedding day. Our guests had an incredible time and LOVED the food. We wish we could do it all over again next year!
    Meghan M. Married on 08/07/2021

Dream Venue

Willowdale Estate is honestly a dream venue. When my husband and I toured it, we immediately fell in love with how quaint, rustic, and charming it is! It's absolutely beautiful and located in a quiet area so it feels very private. Kelsey, our wedding coordinator, was AMAZING and helped us plan the wedding almost stress-free. She is so kind, hardworking, and punctual and she had amazing suggestions for vendors and decor options. She took amazing care of us the day of and made sure we were fed, hydrated, and cool. Our wedding was an absolute dream, and guests have said it was the most beautiful wedding they've seen, which is a huge thanks to Willowdale for its amazing beauty! The food and drinks were amazing- everyone was raving about them. I wish we could do it all over again, it was absolutely perfect.
  • Jacqueline
    Jacqueline H. Married on 08/06/2021

Nothing short of Amazing!

There aren't enough complimentary and positive words to express how absolutely amazing Willowdale Estate truly is as a wedding venue. My husband and I live in NJ, however, we knew we wanted to be married in MA where the majority of our family and friends reside. Willowdale was the first and only venue we visited, we knew we wanted to be married at this magical place right away. Not only is the setting itself beautiful beyond measure (a real life secret garden!!), but the staff goes over the top to make your experience with Willowdale nothing short of perfection. Originally a 2020 wedding, we had to postpone due to COVID which was stressful and disappointing, but the Willowdale team eased our worries and helped us navigate the uncertain time at every turn. Our coordinator was Alyssa and she is incredible - leading up to our August 2021 wedding, she answered every question quickly and offered great advice to make our day the most perfect (for example, maybe don't splurge on those under the tent lights if you want the evening to be dimly lit and romantic at night - after all, it's still pretty light at 9PM in August and the lights around the brim of the tent offer enough lighting for a dancefloor). On the day of, she was there for us whenever and wherever we needed her, from doing all the set up to making sure we got a tray of hors d'oeuvres during the busy cocktail hour and checking in with us throughout the night to make sure all was well. She also connected with all of our vendors in advance to confirm and coordinate every little thing that needed to happen for our day. When I dropped off the decor a couple days before the wedding, I was a little nervous since it was feeling so real, but she eased my worries completely by her professionalism and when she told me "I got this" I 1000% believed her. She is a superstar! In addition to the beautiful grounds and amazing staff, the food is out of this world. Some stand outs from our selections were the mac and cheese bites, mini lobster rolls, both the chicken and beef entrees, and of course the famous Willowdale cookies. Also, having dedicated suites for the bridal party are a major plus - we could bypass the guest bathrooms whenever we needed to and scoot upstairs to our private area to take a break, so ideal. We truly loved every aspect of working with Willowdale and if we were to be married again, I would choose this venue all over again. Don't hesitate to book this venue, and if you are lucky enough to have Alyssa as your coordinator, you will never be disappointed. I can't thank her and all the staff at Willowdale enough for everything they did for us. We will remember our wedding day so fondly, forever.
  • Emma
    Emma C. Married on 06/27/2021

Get Married Here If You Can!

We had the most amazing experience with Willowdale. The team was so helpful and so accommodating with shifting plans due to the pandemic. They were knowledgeable, friendly, and so responsive to our questions. They helped us form our ceremony and reception and thought off and took care of things we never would've thought of ourselves. Our Wedding Coordinator Emily was fantastic. She was so great leading up to the wedding and was there for us whenever we needed the night of but was never overwhelming!

The venue itself was gorgeous! Driving up to it on the windy wood surrounded by trees, and passing a horse, you feel like you are being transported into a fairy tale. The garden is serene and the tent is beautiful. We loved that you can wander around outside, stay in the tent, or find a quiet place inside to take a break and have a chat. There were also so many places to take pictures outside and inside!

Lastly, the food was so delicious. Not only were they so beautifully plated and presented but it tasted amazing. People went out of their way to tell us how great it was and we are still getting compliments. I don't like short rib usually, but the short rib appetizer was the best thing I have ever eaten! People even raved about the ice cream. We also love the Willowdale is environmentally conscious. There was plenty of food without it seeming wasteful and you could tell all the ingredients were fresh. We cannot recommend Willowdale enough. They really gave us the perfect wedding!
  • Courtney
    Courtney C. Married on 06/24/2021

Amazing experience start to finish

Words can not describe my gratitude to Willowdale Estate for being the venue of our DREAMS. I married my high school sweetheart in June and the day was absolute magic start to finish. Everything from our incredible coordinator, Kelsey, to the food, to decor, to EVERYTHING ELSE.. it was perfection. Everyone was always so willing to work with us to bring our wedding vision to life, and now that it has come and gone.. I truly would not change a thing. If you’re considering booking Willowdale, this is my friendly push to tell you to DO IT. It’ll be the best decision you ever make (other than marrying your partner, of course.)
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan Married on 06/05/2021

An unforgettable experience

There is a reason that Willowdale Estate continues to win awards. We started planning our wedding about 6 months ahead of time due to all the challenges surrounding COVID. Given the rush of couples trying to get married after COVID worries started to recede in the early part of the year, we weren't originally able to find a date that worked for us at Willowdale, but it's such a magical venue it was otherwise our top choice. We were closely looking at three other venues, and thankfully they had a slot open up. We could not have been more fortunate that Willowdale was available. Our experience with the staff was absolutely fantastic. They were extremely helpful and friendly throughout the entire process, even as we made a lot of last minute decisions about decor, etc. There were a number of things were realized we hadn't sorted out as the wedding day approached, and our Willowdale day-of coordinator Julia and the rest of the team were on top of all of it and happy to help us sort everything out. On the day of, there wasn't a detail out of place. Julia and the Willowdale team ran everything so perfectly and efficiently we didn't have to worry about anything.

The facilities are incredible. We loved that there was space for the bride, groom and bridal party to get ready, and that there was plenty of space for family to hang out before the ceremony. The courtyard ceremony space was perfect with minimal adjustments given the wonderful garden surrounding it. The space for the cocktail hour is magical too. I wish it had lasted longer just to enjoy it! The reception space under the tent is also just wonderful. Especially in COVID times, it was perfect to be able to have the reception and dance floor outside. The overall setting in the Bradley Palmer park also adds to the magic. There is a perfect space down by the stream to take first-look photos, etc.

The food and drinks were amazing!! Even on our short timeline we did have an opportunity to taste some of the meals beforehand, but we didn't have a chance to review everything. We couldn't have been happier with the h'ordeuvres, the house cocktails, and the dessert that we selected.  We got compliments on all of it.

Overall, we got so many compliments that it was one of the best weddings that our guests had ever attended (we feel so fortunate for the warm compliments), and so much of the success of our big night was due to Willowdale and their incredible team. There is a reason that Willowdale Estate continues to win awards !
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly Married on 05/31/2021

Beautiful and unique space with great food & service

My husband and I could not be happier with our decision to choose Willowdale for our wedding! We had a 75 person wedding on 5/31/2021. First off, every staff member -- from Belinda, the sales manager to Kelsey the Planning Manager to Rachel our day-of coordinator to the day-of staff -- was kind, professional, organized, and invested in ensuring that we would be able to have the wedding we envisioned. We felt well-supported and assured that every detail was being managed every step of the process. They guided us through the process and had multiple resources that helped me make sure I had thought through all the details. We had a number of unique requests due to COVID-precautions and planning a morning brunch wedding and they handled all of them with ease including adding special menu & drink options. Second, the food was all delicious. We chose Willowdale because of the beautiful courtyard and flexibility for an indoor/outdoor experience with the mansion & tent, but were a little nervous signing without being able to taste the food (as we're both big foodies). Thus we were pleasantly surprised when we had our tasting that everything was amazing and multiple guests mentioned the same the day-of (and the tasting itself was so fun!). The only minor hitch I would mention is that we did have a spotty wifi connection for our livestream so I would test that out beforehand if possible. Overall, we chose Willowdale for the beautiful space and were blown away by the food and the service.
    Bridget P. Married on 05/30/2021

Gorgeous Venue with Amazing Crew

From the moment we toured the Willowdale Estate, we knew it was where we wanted to get married. What we didn't know was how amazingly professional the entire crew would be. Our coordinator Kelsey was thoughtful, organized, and kind throughout our entire experience, from planning through the big day. Kelsey made everything as perfect as possible. It down-poured the entire day, but the grounds were still stunning and the crew worked tirelessly to make everything work. I can't say enough amazing things about everyone at and everything about the Willowdale!
  • Leslie
    Leslie W. Married on 05/10/2021

A beautiful October wedding at Willowdale Estates

My daughter recently had an October wedding at Willowdale estates. It was a beautiful day and lovely affair. We couldn't be happier with the gorgeous venue (many guests commented as to the beauty of Willowdale and surrounding area. The service and staff were exceptional and the food delicious. Thank you to Kelsey our wedding planner who was wonderful to work with. I highly recommend this venue for a wedding or any special event.
  • Ally
    Ally D. Married on 05/07/2021

The Most Magical Venue & Day!

If you want to have a seamless and beautiful wedding experience - look no further than Willowdale Estate! From the moment I saw pictures of this venue, I know it was perfect for my wedding vision - once I met the Willowdale Team, I was sold! The venue is absolutely breathtaking but pair it with the exception staff (coordinators, planners, servers, vendors) and your day (and wedding dreams!) truly become a reality. I am still on cloud nine from our big day and cannot recommend Willowdale enough!
    Emily B. Married on 05/02/2021

The Perfect Day!

Willowdale was absolutely amazing through our entire planning process. This included changing our date three times due to the pandemic. From our initial interest in Willowdale to the execution of our wedding everything was amazing. The staff is professional and kind and truly care about making your day so special. Our coordinator Mai was the best! She has a treat vibe and attitude, responds quickly and made sure the day of our wedding that everything was taken care of 100% and we had nothing to worry about. I would highly recommend Willowdale for your wedding!
    Jennifer L. Married on 05/01/2021

May 1, 2021

When my husband and I got engaged, Willowdale Estate was the only venue I couldn’t stop thinking about. I fell in love with the beautiful flowers, green trim and bright red door. One day on a whim I drove there with my mom and sister just to walk around the property and see it in person. I was surprised when the lovely Belinda was there and gladly gave us a grand tour! She was so kind and welcoming and really set the tone for the rest of our experience with the Willowdale staff. I then brought back my husband and he fell in love as well! That day we made the decision- this is where we NEED to get married.

Throughout the pandemic things were up and down to say the least, but Monique, Rachel and other staff were always available to answer our questions. They gave us comfort that no matter what happened with the pandemic we would get married there, whether it be on our original date or a different one. With the pandemic they were extremely flexible and accommodating. However, we got very lucky and we were able to have our dream wedding on May 1, 2021 with 150 of our family and friends.

Our wedding coordinator, Rachel was fantastic! We met with her several times to discuss the details of our wedding. She was extremely helpful when it came to making decisions to best fit our style. She even found a way for my husband to have his antique fire engine there on our special day! She was flexible and was always available via email or phone to answer questions throughout the planning process. She talked with our other vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page and everything was organized.

Our wedding day was nothing short of perfect. Rachel and Julia made sure everything was just as we had envisioned it, from the decorations to the flow of events to the dessert bar display (definitely the most important part haha). Rachel, Julia and all of the other staff were so organized the whole day and worked extremely hard and we greatly appreciate them all! We wish we could relive our wedding day over and over again and we have all of Willowdale staff to thank for that.
  • Ali
    Ali H. Married on 04/24/2021

The perfect wedding day

We were married on December 19, 2020 at Willowdale Estate. My husband and I are cannot begin to express how happy we are with Willowdale Estate and its staff. Form the moment we contacted Belinda (sales manager), she was warm, accommodating, and made us feel at home. We recently cancelled our destination wedding and was trying to plan another wedding in 2 months. What we believed to have been an impossible task – the dedication and skill of Willowdale staff not only made this event possible but exceeded our expectations. One week after our initial phone call, we took a private tour of the estate and grounds and had a private 3-course tasting. We were also able to meet with the chef to discuss dietary restrictions and allergies. We also sat down with Kelsey, event coordinator to go through the particulars of the wedding day. Very attentive to our food allergies as well as open to accommodating any of our other requests.
    The aesthetics of the estate were enough to convince my husband and I that this was the place to get married. From the stained-glass windows, wood burning fireplaces, and natural light – this was something out of a Bronte novel or J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter. This space was perfect for our small wedding of 25 guests but there is enough space to host 100 or more, comfortably.
    Kelsey provided us with a list of preferred vendors and continued to follow-up to ensure that we were able to book the essentials, e.g., photographer, florist, and band. As a type-A control freak, Kelsey made it easy for us to sit back and enjoy the little moments of the wedding day. It was truly a seamless event. The transitions between ceremony, cocktail hours, and dinner felt natural. The food, particularly the chocolate chip cookies, were enjoyed by all.
    We are truly grateful to the staff, especially Kelsey for their effort, attentiveness, and thoughtfulness. Thank you for an amazing wedding day.
    Much love,
    Adam and Ali Mittasch
    Jaclyn Married on 04/17/2021

Dont look any further!

We came across Willowdale very unexpectedly after postponing our wedding for a year and deciding to forego our old venue in search of a new one. I cant say how lucky enough we are to have come across Willowdale. Mai, wedding planner, is first class and one of a kind. She was so accommodating since the minute we met her, about two months before the big day. She was so easy to work with and made everything go seamlessly the day of. Everything from the décor, the food and the atmosphere was more than we could have ever expected. Our guests have been raving about how beautiful the venue is, how awesome the staff is and how amazing the food and drinks were. I can truly say I was nervous about picking a new venue I knew nothing about so close to our date. I would not change things one bit. Our day was magical and perfect in every way and we owe that to the staff and to Mai. If you want a timeless and elegant wedding with the most professional and supportive staff then look no further!
  • Brooke
    Brooke B. Married on 12/04/2020

Stop Looking. THIS IS IT!

Choosing Willowdale was the best decision we could have made. The space itself is incredibly unique, historic, beautiful and full of character! Situated in the beautiful willowdale state Forrest, it reminded us of castles in Ireland. From beginning to end the staff was responsive, accommodating, and easy to work with. Kelsey was our wedding planner and she was *incredible*!!!! We used their recommended vendor list, which was a huge time saver - and home run. Not to mention, the food was incredible. Our guests stayed at their sister property, the Briar Barn Inn - which was also incredible. Fireplaces in each room! Couldn’t suggest this team or these locations enough. Thank you!!!!!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra H. Married on 10/31/2020

An Amazing Experience- Pandemic and All!

Willowdale Estate did an amazing job helping us to adjust our plan and still safely host a smaller number of guests at our wedding in 2020. I truly can't say enough positive things about this experience, but I will summarize a few points:
    -Our wedding was intended to be in January 2021, but with the rising cases, we were worried we would be unable to host an event. We asked Willowdale to work with us to accommodate a smaller number of guests outdoors on an available date in October and they were happy to negotiate with us. We moved our event up to October, with only 3 weeks to spare. Willowdale was incredible to work with. They helped me to organize and plan everything on such short-notice.
    -Safety was the number one priority- everything was cleaned/sanitized, masks were worn by all staff throughout the event, and they helped us make our guests feel comfortable during the pandemic by adhering to state guidelines.
    -The food is incredible!! Every guest has been so complimentary, not just about the taste, but the quantity as well. The hors d'oeuvres just kept coming! We did a late night snack of street tacos and skull cakes and it was a huge hit! The hot cocoa is an amazing option to add and worked out well as it was quite chilly on our wedding night. The famous chocolate chip cookies live up to their reputation.
    -The space is stunning- our photos around the property, in the mansion, and outside are simply beautiful.
    -The staff are top notch! Working closely with Kelsey, she was responsive, accommodating, generous with her time, and well-organized. The servers, bartenders, and staff all around the mansion were amazing as well.
    I saw a picture of Willowdale Estate in a magazine and I wanted to visit just for fun because it looked really pretty on the outside. It ended up being more than I imagined and it was the venue we were meant to get married at. I loved every moment of the day and the planning leading up to it; I would choose them again in a heartbeat.
    Thank you!
    Samantha P. Married on 10/30/2020

Willowdale Estate

Willowdale Estate is a classic, beautiful setting that is whimsical and romantic. Their staff is top notch and 100% invested in their client’s vision. Their prices are worth every penny and we still receive compliments and inquiries from friends and family members alike. Food is the best we’ve ever had and their cookies are legendary. You will not be disappointed!
    Crystal P. Married on 10/23/2020

A perfect wedding venue!

Where do I even begin with speaking about how wonderful the staff, service, and venue is at Willowdale Estate. As a COVID bride we had our wedding booked in November for an entirely different venue that was indoors and we knew our original vision of our wedding was unlikely happen. We visited Willowdale about 8w before our new wedding date and immediately fell in love. Kelsey was so warm, kind, and helpful. I had so much confidence in her to transform our originally planned wedding to a whole new venue and in a short period of time. She was so attentive and organized and made planing an entirely new wedding seamless. We also had the added luxury of working with Rachel as our wedding coordinator. Lovely is an understatement to describe Rachel. She is so detail oriented and transformed my ideas and visions far beyond my expectations. The day of our wedding could not have been more perfect- the venue was stunning, the food superb, and the service top notch. I could not speak any higher for this venue and the outstanding service they provide- I wish I could do it again! Thank you rachel, Kelsey, and the entire Willowdale staff for making our wedding day perfect- we couldn’t have imagined a better day!
    Rob Married on 10/17/2020

Fall Wedding during Covid

Amazing experience with Willowdale, and I’d highly recommend them! Beautiful venue, extremely well taken care of, great staff to support you leading up to and during the wedding, and the food is incredible. They were extremely accommodating and flexible during covid as well so that everyone felt safe attending. I hiiiiggly recommend them!
    Lakeisha P. Married on 10/10/2020

Magical Wedding Day

My wife and I started planning our wedding in 2018. We thought we found the perfect date and venue for our wedding and then the venue was foreclosed on. That is when we found Briar Barn! We had to change our wedding date, but we thought it was worth it because Briar Barn so so beautiful. Then, boom...COVID-19 hit! With all the unknowns we didn't know what we were going to do.

Then we met Kelsey! She is the Planning & Production manager for Willowdale Estate, Briar Barn's sister property. Kelsey pitched the idea of Willowdale Estate as an option and offered us a guided tour. As soon as you drive up to the mansion you can feel your aura change. Kelsey walked us through the majestic mansion and around the grounds while telling us the history of Willowdale. The design, the decor the sheer ambience of the mansion was just breathtaking and magical. We knew within one minute of being there, that we would get married there!

From that day forward Kelsey and the Willowdale Team coordinated and executed our wedding plans flawlessly! Right down to printing my 7 year old son's reading minutes before we walked down the aisle. I cannot say enough about Willowdale to truly give it the justice it deserves. What I can say is, that getting married there was like a fairytale!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay Married on 09/20/2020

Absolutely perfect

There is magic at Willowdale. We are so incredibly lucky we were able to work with such a perfect team to plan and host our wedding. We were originally supposed to get married at the Briar Barn Inn (sister property of Willowdale) but when COVID hit, the team graciously moved our wedding to Willowdale so that we could safely celebrate outside with our close friends and family. Monique was amazing to work with as she seamlessly moved the details of our wedding to Willowdale without skipping a beat. Teresa managed our room block and I couldn't have asked for a friendlier or more genuine person. She was so responsive and helpful amid the many changes over the last year. And I truly can't say enough about Kelsey, our coordinator. She is an angel from above who made all of our wedding dreams come true. I met with Kelsey in person 3 days before our wedding and she put all of my stress and worry to rest. We were so incredibly relaxed during our wedding because we knew she was running the show. Our day was absolutely perfect and we owe it all to the Willowdale team. Our guests can't stop talking about the beauty of the venue, the friendliess of the staff, and the incredible food (those cookies?!). I can't recommend Willowdale enough so that you can experience this magic on your special day.
    Elizabeth H. Married on 09/18/2020

So happy we went forward with a wedding in 2020!

We were so impressed with the team at Briar Barn and Willowdale. We had booked Briar Barn for October, but when the pandemic hit, with the help of Kelsey, we were able to keep our chosen date and move our wedding outdoors to the Willowdale Estate! The team at Willowdale is the most organized and accommodating venue I have ever seen (and I have been a bridesmaid 8 times.) Willowdale went above and beyond with everything they provided us. Everything was perfect. Even our most skeptical guests complimented the pandemic safety, fun, and food! One of my favorite memories was during group photos - Kelsey brought us a tray of our passed hors d'oeuvres, and the two of us took a few minutes alone to enjoy them before joining everyone at the cocktail party. It was not an easy decision to cut our guest list in half, but with the help of Willowdale, the rest of our re-planning was simple.