Willowdale Estate Reviews

Willowdale Estate 7
  • Conor

Conor McDonough · Married on 08/23/2019

Exactly What We Wanted

Take a tour. I know when we did we couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else.

I can't count the amount of guests who called our wedding at Willowdale Estate "the best wedding they've ever been to" and a lot of that credit goes to the venue and the venue staff. You won't find a more beautiful property for a late summer wedding in New England and I challenge you to find a better food and bar staff. Rachel, the wedding coordinator we worked with, nailed the exact atmosphere we wanted for the day of the wedding.

Every part of the day was exactly what my wife and I had talked about it being. You can't ask much more than that!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/04/2019

The most magical venue

You really cannot go wrong with Willowdale. The venue is stunning inside and out and feels like a fairytale. On top of the amazing scenery, the food is some the best and Monique and her team really go above and beyond. They had everything we needed all night and were always one step ahead. Best night ever! Could not have asked for more.

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Rayos · Married on 07/12/2019

July Wedding 2019

We cannot say enough good things about Willowdale Estate! We had our wedding in July and everything was PERFECT. Nichole was the best wedding coordinator and made everything so easy throughout the planning process and on the day of! The FOOD was amazing! Everyone at Willowdale is so warm and welcoming and we are so happy we decided to get married at Willowdale. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Julia · Married on 07/06/2019

A Dream Wedding Venue

My husband and I held our wedding ceremony and reception at Willowdale Estate in July 2019. We couldn’t have imagined a better venue and planning team! As soon as we walked onto the property, we knew that it was perfect for us. Willowdale Estate has tons of character, charm, and natural beauty. Working with the entire staff was incredibly easy! When we booked the venue, we were granted access to an online portal that provided us with a variety of documents for our planning needs. We were able to input all of our wedding details into the portal, which helped keep us extremely organized. The preferred vendor list was EXTREMELY helpful! No wedding planner needed!

About 8 weeks before the big day, we were assigned a day-of-coordinator, Courtney. We had two meetings with Courtney-one about a month before our wedding and a décor drop off the week of our wedding. Courtney was AMAZING! She was extremely helpful and answered all of our questions. The week leading up to our wedding, Courtney checked-in with all of our vendors to finalize the last-minute details and day-of timeline.

The day of our wedding was a dream! We did not have to worry about a thing the entire day. I got ready with my bridesmaids in the beautiful bridal suite, complete with mimosas and getting reading snacks. I had been nervous about the passing thunderstorms, but Courtney and the team did a terrific job easing my nerves and making everything picture-perfect. The ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception flowed seamlessly. I loved how both the beautiful interior and exterior of the mansion were used throughout the evening. Our guests raved about the food, warm chocolate chip cookies, and beautiful garden courtyard backdrop.

I would highly recommend Willowdale Estate for any event! Courtney and the rest of the team made the wedding planning process very easy and executed a beautiful, unforgettable event. Thank you, Willowdale!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Melaney

Melaney Fodera · Married on 06/23/2019

Cozy & Professional

Loved having our daughters wedding here - couldn't have asked for a more picturesque venue, but the staff is amazing, professional and on it - Best Experience at a wedding venue!!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Brooke

Brooke Chateauneuf · Married on 06/04/2019

Seamless from beginning to end!

We could not have chosen a more beautiful and perfect location for our big day. From the planning process to the final dance, Willowdale Estate and it's wonderful staff made our day so special and seamless. Our guests still rave about how unique and picture-perfect the venue was - we will never forget it!

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • Naomi

Naomi · Married on 04/14/2019

Willowdale - Excellent venue for a spring wedding

My now husband and I had such a great experience at Willowdale for a friend's wedding 2 years ago that when we became engaged, we knew we wanted to have our wedding there as well. The estate is just dreamy, the food is great, and the service even better. Our coordinator, Courtney, was just amazing - she made sure everything went without a hitch. I would highly recommend Willowdale without reservation!

Sent on 05/18/2019
    Willowdale Estate 8
    Willowdale Estate 9
    Willowdale Estate 10
    Willowdale Estate 11
    Willowdale Estate 12

Caitlin Sammis · Married on 03/30/2019

Willowdale Love!

We celebrated our wedding at the Willowdale and it was truly a magical day! We held our reception inside the mansion for about 110 people and it was the perfect space, feeling like a warm and welcoming celebration which was exactly the idea we had in mind.

Weeks later, our family and friends are still raving about how it was the BEST wedding! From the service, to the delicious food and cocktails, to the beautiful grounds and decor, everyone was absolutely blown away.

From the moment I stepped foot on the Willowdale property to tour the venue, I could tell that it is a very special place. From start to finish, Belinda our sales rep and Courtney our planning coordinator, as well as the rest of the staff treated me and my family with the utmost care. From answering questions, to providing helpful planning and billing guides, and suggesting vendors (use this list! This is the A team, you won't have to look any further!) the team at the Willowdale made my wedding planning process seamless and I always knew I was in the best hands. Courtney and her team executed everything flawlessly on the day of our wedding, and I didn't have to worry about a thing.

Thank you to the Willowdale for the best day and for amazing memories that we will cherish for years to come! Caitlin and Andrew

Sent on 04/23/2019

Susan M Lee · Married on 03/26/2019

the absolute best

Our planning and final wedding day went to so smooth, it was incredible! Any and every question we had was answered in a timely manner. The Planning Team has great tools, tips, and documents, which really helped map and sort out details, including floor plan, ceremony details, etc. Our day-of experience at our wedding was absolutely flawless. Some people say that the day flies by. I didn't feel that way at all and never felt rushed. We let the ceremony set in, got to take all of the pictures, visited every table, enjoyed appetizers and our entire dinner, dance...everything! Our coordinator Rachel was always so warm, level-headed, and accommodating the entire time. She's just magical. We received so many compliments about the beautiful venue, delicious dinner, and overall wonderful wedding. We cannot thank Rachel and Willowdale enough!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Kathryn Goffredo · Married on 03/20/2019

Happy Bride

Everyone was extremely professional and kind. The experience everyone has makes planning a wedding very easy. The attention to detail is amazing. Every expectation I had for my wedding was met and exceeded. I’m so happy I chose Willowdale as my wedding venue.

Sent on 04/23/2019

Molly Schwartz · Married on 01/11/2019

Above and Beyond

The Willowdale truly made our dreams come true. The venue is beautiful, unique, and welcoming. The staff is knowledgeable, experienced, and so helpful every step of the way. We planned our wedding from across the country, and we were worried about how difficult this might make the process. But the Willowdale has so much experience doing this, that it was so easy for us. Nichole was our wedding coordinator, and she made sure everything was accounted for and ready. We had created DIY decorations, and in staging it on the day of, her team made it all look so much better than we could have done ourselves. It was magical to walk downstairs and see all of our plans exceed what we even imagined. Nichole had so many helpful pieces of advice for our planning. I will forever be grateful to Nichole for the tip she gave us at the wedding - to stop and soak up the room of family and friends cheering for us before we recessed down the aisle. This was a magical moment for us. The Willowdale added so many thoughtful, personal touches throughout the process, too, and we are honestly sad that we no longer get to be involved with them and visiting their beautiful space (and eating their delicious food). We joke about renewing our vows there every year so we can do it all again! Highly recommend this venue to everyone. They made it so easy and so special. Thank you, Willowdale!

Sent on 03/08/2019
  • Paige

Paige Dougherty · Married on 01/01/2019

You need to get married here

Where do I even start? I fell in love with Willowdale Estate the second I found it and it was the best/easiest decision we made for our wedding. First, and this is easy to tell from the pictures, but the mansion is MAGICAL; it is even more exquisite in real life. The first time I visited, I was giddy as we walked through all of the rooms and knew that this HAD to be the place that I married my best friend. Second, the staff is incredible. Belinda was so very helpful from day one up until we met our coordinator, Courtney, who is truly a Godsend. She kept us (read: me) calm and organized and I never doubted that our wedding would be perfect. It was like she saw into my mind and brought my dream day to life. The day of, she tied up all of the loose ends and made sure that everything went exactly as it should. She was there to hand us hot apple cider after outside pictures, fluff my dress before we walked down the aisle, tie my bustle, and everything in-between. We will never be able to thank Courtney enough. Third, the food is UNREAL. The hors d'oeuvres are insane and virtually every wedding guest commented that it was delicious--it is not delicious by "wedding food" standards, it is just delicious in general. Every small part of this venue is incredible. I can't imagine getting married anywhere else. Everything exceeded my expectations by a million miles. Willowdale Estate is magic.

Sent on 01/07/2019
    Willowdale Estate 13

Kathy Gagne · Married on 12/21/2018

Everything we imagined and more!

We can not say enough about our experience at Willowdale Estate! It was right before Christmas and the place looked like a winter wonderland! Nichole, our wedding coordinator, understood exactly what we envisioned. A cozy, winter, candle lit, family party. Fantastic. Everyone RAVED over the food.

Sent on 01/06/2019
  • Thomas

Thomas Martellone · Married on 12/08/2018

AMAZING Willowdale Experience!

I wish they had a 10 star rating for Willowdale....It was truly amazing! Everything from sales, the tasting, the decorations and the overall venue, day of planner, food...you name it! Our wedding was on 12/8, and our goal was to have an amazing party and throw in a small ceremony. A week later, our friends and family haven't stopped talking about how amazing the wedding was! If you book after Thanksgiving during the holiday season, you get LOTS of perks...lanterns, decorations, cocktail hour piano player, upgrade on chairs. The venue is beautiful and can stand on it's own with little decorations. The food was superb...appetizers, cocktails, dinner, cookies...all of it. Our day of planner Rachel was SUPER flexible and easy to work with throughout the planning! If you hold your wedding at Willowdale, it will be magical. I'm sad that we don't have anything else to go back for...they were AWESOME. Also...USE THEIR RECOMMENDED VENDORS! You will make your planning a million times easier and they are superb! Thank you Willowdale for the BEST day ever! Tom and Pete

Sent on 01/14/2019
    Willowdale Estate 26
    Willowdale Estate 27

Jasmine Tierney · Married on 10/26/2018

Dream Wedding

I don't know where to begin when writing this review for Willowdale Estate other than the staff gave my husband, our families and friends, and me a wonderful night to remember. Willowdale Estate was one of the first venues we looked at. After our tour with Kaitlin, my husband (so happy saying that now) and I new that we were having our wedding there... the cookies Kaitlin sent us just sealed the deal! The entire process that day forward was so enjoyable. The planning staff guided us with our linen selections and how to make the venue our own the day of. Flash forward to our details meeting with Courtney. Courtney was such a pleasure to work with. She was set on making our big day perfect in terms of decor and timeline. She made the day of our wedding go flawlessly. She did everything from telling us good times to chat with guests to making sure we were hydrated and well-fed. We seriously owe the best day of our lives to Courtney. Every single person told us that our wedding was the BEST wedding they had ever been to. Every staff member was attentive and professional, the food was absolutely amazing, and the venue was stunning. I would choose Willowdale Estate a thousand times over! So thank you Courtney and the Willowdale staff for making our dream wedding a reality! Xo

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Willowdale Estate 28
  • Juliet

Juliet · Married on 09/30/2018

Stunning Venue with Incredible Service

To state the obvious, Willowdale Estate is a truly stunning venue. Not only are the mansion and the surrounding grounds beautifully maintained, but their planning team is incredibly competent and the food is truly fantastic (shout out to chef Ben); they know how to run weddings like clockwork. I was living in DC and planning a wedding in Boston - a seemingly difficult task - but the events team helped make everything incredibly easy and (relatively lol) stress-free. It was so nice to have one venue include food, service, chairs/tables, etc. It really is a one stop shop. I was so thankful to have such a great team, especially on the day of my wedding; I truly 100% enjoyed the day without having to worry or think about anything.

Sent on 04/10/2019

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2018

There is only one word to describe Willowdale is PERFECT. We have heard from so many people that attended are wedding raving about the estate, staff, and the food. We couldn’t have asked for a better day. I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience working with the team at Willowdale.

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/14/2018

I cannot say enough positive things about our wedding at Willowdale. From the beginning I knew that I had to have our wedding here. The unique setting amidst the beautiful Bradley Palmer state park was perfect. Continuously we had opportunities to try the food at the venue and we were consistently impressed with Chef Ben and his team. During our meetings with our coordinator Courtney I informed her that I could be quite a challenging bride and she welcomed the challenge with open arms. My design and décor was both very detailed and had LOTS of props. Courtney set aside extra set up time for us and took the opportunity to really understand my vision so as to make this the wedding of our dreams! On day of she was FANTASTIC. On day of our rental company caused issue after issue and this led to many problems. Our chairs did not arrive until 35 minutes before the ceremony... while keeping me informed (as I had asked) she made sure we had a plan B in the event they did not show. When they arrived 35 minutes before ceremony start time it was all hands on deck at the venue to make sure everything was set. Further, the dancefloor the rental company delivered was unsafe. Courtney helped us to have the facilities manager come back for the day after he had already left and set this up for us to ensure I had a dancefloor (after we had the rental company rip up the floor that was unsafe). Not only this, but she continued to assume me as had Plan B's as needed and was prepared to execute if need be. The whole team was there, willing, and able to help, and really helped to make this the wedding of my dreams. They went out of their way to ensure special requests were handled and embraced, and that everything was executed as desired. Thank you willowdale for a day I will never forget!

Sent on 09/28/2018
  • Joe

Joe Annicchiarico · Married on 08/17/2018

Simply Extraordinary

I hate to start of this review with a cliché, but it is 100% true; our experience with Willowdale was in one word, *perfect.* It is a stunning venue, but what we appreciated about it the most was that it is a mansion that doesn't feel like a mansion, not gaudy or harsh in any way. It is part of a Massachusetts State Park, so the building and grounds are pristine from top to bottom. From a personnel standpoint, every person we dealt with—but especially Belinda Lane from the Sales department, and Kelly Hart, our personal wedding coordinator—was outstanding. They went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we got anything and everything we wanted for our wedding. Kelly deserves a special shoutout, for her amazing blend of professionalism and light-heartedness. On our wedding day, she navigated her team through a (luckily brief!) storm that made us push back the start time of our ceremony, but she handled the whole "ordeal" with calmness and absolute grace and kept my wife and myself at ease. She made the call to push back the ceremony just a mere half hour and she was spot on! I could write an entire review just about her alone! If anyone reading this is on the fence about Willowdale, trust my wife and I when we say, without a single doubt, that it is worth every penny.

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Willowdale Estate 29
    Willowdale Estate 30

Jameson · Married on 08/12/2018

From the moment we first saw Willowdale we knew this would be the venue for us. As we continued to work with the staff here, things just continued to get better and solidified our decision.

When we attending the tasting, we had to make the difficult decision on what to have for the big day, all the food was absolutely delicious. We decided on the Miso Salmon and Beef, both were incredible. The chef also out did himself with the passed appetizers. Still over a month later we have family and friends raving about how amazing each dish was - especially the pulled pork sliders.

Leading up to our wedding day, we were completely at ease due to the fact we had been in constant communication with our wedding coordinator, Courtney Hickey. She was so accommodating for every aspect of every detail. If there was something we were unsure of, she let us know what others had done and offered up her own recommendation. The patience and diligence Courtney displayed throughout the weeks leading up to our wedding was only out-shined by her how incredible she was the day of. She was able to keep everyone in line, communicated very clearly what was expected, where people had to be, and orchestrated the entire ceremony as well as the reception. There was never a doubt in our mind that things were being taken care of. It didn't end there, the next day when we returned to pick up items we had left overnight, everything was neatly organized and boxed up for easy packing. It is apparent that Courtney is a true professional, loves what she does, and made our special day that much more magical.

Sent on 09/29/2018
    Willowdale Estate 36
    Willowdale Estate 37
    Willowdale Estate 38

Amy · Married on 08/04/2018

Willowdale Estate was an amazing place to hold my daughter's wedding! The venue is beautiful, the staff professional and the food outstanding. The planning process all went smoothly and on the day of the event everything was perfect. The gardens were in full bloom providing a spectacular setting for the ceremony. Our family and friends said it was the best wedding they have every attended. We would highly recommend Willowdale!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Jen · Married on 07/28/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Willowdale. For starters, it is a simply magical setting. Many guests commented that it felt like a fairytale and it was so convenient to have the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in the same place yet very different settings (courtyard, mansion and tent). In addition to the setting, the service you receive from the team at Willowdale is unmatchable. They provide you with a coordinator that starts with you 6-8 weeks before the big day. Our coordinator, Courtney, could not have been more sweet, helpful, responsive and an all around rockstar. She was so organized and made the day run so smoothly without us having to think about everything. She did everything from monitoring weather minute by minute, handing out corsages without me even realizing, directing everyone where and when to walk, bringing us drinks, making sure we ate, bustling my dress, packing up all our stuff at the end of the night, the list goes on. And even though you don’t get a coordinator until 6-8 weeks out, the rest of the team is there from the day you first contact them to help you with everything and anything. In addition to the service and setting, the food is amazing. People kept commenting on it and asking for our caterer (which is just the willowdale itself). They can customize meals and accommodate all allergies. Willowdale made our wedding so perfect and we cannot thank them, especially Courtney, enough!

Sent on 08/18/2018

Julia · Married on 07/20/2018

Willowdale is absolutely, insanely AMAZING in every category. The grounds, both inside and out, are stunning. You can easily get away with bringing no additional decor because everything is already so gorgeous. Our wedding coordinator, Nichole, made everything so easy and stress free. She thought of everything - re-purposing ceremony flowers & bouquets, setting up the personal decor we did bring, bringing my husband & I appetizers while we took pictures during cocktail hour. She was the best!! Everyone said it was the best wedding food they had ever had and the staff was so nice! Willowdale just makes planning a wedding so easy & you're guaranteed to have a successful, unforgettable night. Thank you Willowdale!!!!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Sophia · Married on 07/12/2018

We can’t recommend Willowdale Estate and their staff enough. After we met Belinda on our private tour on there was no doubt in our mind where we would get married. Once we learned there was a date available in the Summer of 2018 we jumped on the opportunity to book it. We were quickly synced up with Nichole Armano, our fabulous wedding coordinator.
    Having Nichole with us during the planning process put us at ease- we can’t thank her enough! She tactfully guided us and reminded us always to keep our vision and the comfort of our guests in mind. When we had questions about even the smallest detail Nichole drew from her years of experience and provided just what we needed to make the best decision. Nichole was in lock step with our vendors to ensure everyone was on the same timeline to set themselves up for success.
    Nichole calmly guided us through the day allowing us space to enjoy our time with family and friends. We had our dog there with us to be part of the ceremony. Nichole made sure he had water throughout the day, such a small detail that had totally slipped my mind but she was all over it! We had been told by so many couples that they didn’t have time to eat or enjoy the food at their own wedding; Nichole made sure this wasn’t the case. She brought us appetizers and checked in with us to make sure we had food and drinks all night. Working with Nichole was truly a collaboration and she was the best sounding board and coordinator we could have asked for –we are happy to have met her during this chapter of our lives.
    The entire Willowdale staff were amazing the day of our wedding. The grounds were immaculate and the set up was exactly as we had outlined. The food was amazing. Our guests raved about how delicious everything was – the biggest hit were the lamb loli pops. The service during cocktail hour and all the way through the ice cream sundae bar and late-night snack was impeccable.
    If we could get married all over again we would still choose Willowdale.

Sent on 07/24/2018