Willowdale Estate Reviews

395 | Topsfield, MA

395 Reviews for Willowdale Estate

Diane Faustino · Getting married on 09/07/2020

Meg and Joe’s wedding was amazing. You and your team did a great job. It was a perfect day to be remembered forever! People are still talking ab

People are still talking about it 6 months later 😊

Thanks again for everything!

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Tammy

Tammy Souza · Getting married on 09/02/2020

Where to Begin??

Let’s cut to the chase and say, “Just do it!” Go to Willowdale for your most special event, and if you’re REALLY lucky, you will get Jennifer T as your designated wedding planner! Not only is she EXPERT at what she does, but she does it with ease and humor and reassurance and respect for your ideas, while suggesting things, when needed, that you may not have thought about. She really cares about her bride and family, and seeks to understand their vision for the day, working tirelessly to help bring it to fruition. We planned this wedding long distance, bride/groom in TN, MOTB in Maine, and the venue in Mass. TOTALLY worth it, and made as easy as possible by Jen. She is a GEM! And your wedding coordinator is included in the price of your event! (They work with you for months ahead of time)
    Willowdale itself is beautiful, FILLED with charm and interest-both casual and elegant all at once! There are so many rooms and areas to use as part of your preparation and celebration. They have everything down to a science, but as they execute their “science” it feels like pure magic on the day of your event. Everyone you deal with, from the front office to the food service people, are kind, professional, and seem happy to be doing their job. And the FOOD! It truly is fine restaurant quality, in generous amounts. When they tell you that your passed hors d’oeuvres will be plenteous and people will be delighted, believe them! Our guests raved about the experience: that every time they turned around, they were being offered a new appetizer delight, during cocktail hour (which was “mocktail” hour, for us!). And the mansion is known for their fresh baked, still warm, chocolate chip cookies which are provided, along with coffee/tea, in your dessert set up.
    Truly, our guests raved about everything! The whole experience was simply magical, right down to the light snow that fell during our daughter’s ceremony-which we could see, because of the conservatory windows on 2 sides and up above!
    No two events are the same, nor should they be. Willowdale gets that. They feel your vibe and make it happen for you. We considered a barn wedding, which would have required bringing in EVERYTHING from the silverware, to tables and chairs, etc, etc, etc...and renting “wedding porta-potties!!” And it would have cost MORE than the fairytale, wonderful experience we ultimately enjoyed at Willowdale!! 😳😳 This is a no-brainer, folks.
    One last thing- you are encouraged to bring everything you like to make the day your own: family photos, any decor you want to add to their amazing supply, etc. At the end of the evening, you simply walk away, still high on the joy of the experience. No hassle or cleaning up or gathering your stuff. Willowdale staff does that for you, and the next day when you go back to collect your things, they are neatly, carefully packed up, on trolly carts, and staff members help you get them loaded into your car. As a mother of 3 daughters, each with beautiful wedding experiences, I can honestly say that THIS was the easiest, most professional and still reasonably priced of all!! Do yourself a favor and book Willowdale!!!

Sent on 02/18/2020

Elizabeth Landon · Married on 02/15/2020

Amazing wedding coordinator

Rana Cohen was our wedding coordinator assigned to us for our wedding. She was so on her game! From our first email correspondence to our first in person meeting all the way to the day, she was so professional and just made us feel so at ease with everything. She was really creative in helping to bring our vision to life. We can’t thank her and the staff for everything they did to help make our day so outstanding! Thank you Rana!

Sent on 02/19/2020

Danielle Lerette · Married on 01/17/2020

My winter wedding at Willowdale was everything I wanted and more!

My husband and I got married at Willowdale this past January, and we were so happy with our experience at Willowdale! We had initially chosen Willowdale for it’s beautiful and historic location. Every room is warm and inviting, perfect for a winter wedding in New England. And the place always smells so good too!

One thing to be aware of is the food tasting. Only a selection of appetizers and entrees were available to try. Obviously not every option can be available, but there were no vegetarian entrees to sample during the tasting as well as desserts. Ultimately, the food was absolutely amazing. Everyone was raving about how good the food was on my wedding day.

Our coordinator, Kelsey Correia was on top of everything. Extremely knowledgeable and very organized. She took care of everything the day of the wedding, which was so nice because I didn’t worry about anything! She did an amazing job.

I cannot thank everyone at Willowdale enough for making everything perfect for my wedding day. The location is stunning, the food and desserts are delicious, and the staff is unbelievably friendly and helpful. I’d recommend them to any bride planning a wedding at any time of year!

Sent on 02/19/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Vendola · Married on 01/04/2020

Incredible Experience!

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Willowdale Estate! We had a winter wedding and Willowdale is the perfect place for it. It was romantic, cozy, beautiful and perfectly executed! The food was incredible, drinks were outstanding and the staff was attentive and warm! The whole process was very organized and clear- we felt confident we were in good hands. Our wedding planner, Rachel Timmons, was super helpful and very attentive to our experience. Our guests spoke so highly of our wedding and I am so pleased with everything.

Sent on 02/25/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 01/02/2020

Happy Couple!

We loved our experience with the Willowdale. Belinda was fun to work with in the booking, our winter pricing felt like a great value for what we received, and Jen was amazing in our final weeks of preparation through day of management!

Most of all, the venue itself is beautiful. We couldn't be happier with our selection.

Sent on 03/17/2020

Alex Kiser · Married on 12/31/2019

Amazing New Years Eve Wedding!

Our experience with Willowdale was excellent. Our wedding day went off without a hitch and our coordinator, Jennie, was a pleasure to work with. Monique was also very helpful during the planning process and many of the vendors we ended up using were recommended by Willowdale's planning team. Willowdale is a well oiled wedding machine and their experience is obvious. Our guests loved the food and the party was a blast. We cant thank you enough and we would highly recommend working with this venue if your goal is to have a beautiful wedding without much stress.

Sent on 01/13/2020

Joanna Brine · Married on 10/26/2019

Fairytale venue

My husband and I recently got married at Willowdale and could not have asked for a more beautiful venue. The entire day, from getting ready, the backdrop for pictures, the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, was perfection. The staff was professional and accommodating, the food was BEYOND delicious, and all of our guests had an incredible time. We highly recommend Willowdale to any couple who wants a beautiful, thoughtful, well-organized wedding event!

Sent on 01/28/2020

Mallory Maison · Married on 10/11/2019

The Dream Wedding I Hoped For

I can't recommend Willowdale Estate enough! Every step from touring the venue, meeting my designated planner (Rachel, you're the best), to the night of the wedding, everything was perfect. The venue is absolutely GORGEOUS. It's so romantic and filled with charm and history around every corner. The food is delicious, with so many appetizers, main dishes, and desserts to choose from - you and your guests will not be dissapointed. The property manager so sweetly helped my florist with her garland instillation and Rachel and her amazing team worked tirelessly to bring my vision into a reality. Each staff member was so friendly and thoughtful and they truly made my wedding perfect. During the process of planning my wedding I never even looked at another venue as I knew it COULD NOT get better than Willowdale Estate and now, two weeks after the best day of my life, I know I was right! I highly highly recommend Willowdale Estate for any occasion but especially a wedding (so dreamy). Our guests were blown away by how beautiful everything was and I can whole heartedly say it was the wedding of my dreams.

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/22/2019

The most beautiful weddings

Willowdale Estate is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, it feels like home. Our wedding was in the tent but the mansion was open to guests throughout event. There is space for both groom + groomsmen to get ready as well as a gorgeous bridal suite. Food is made on site by a real Chef and it is bar-none. Everything about Willowdale is magical.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Molly Maynard · Married on 09/15/2019

Bride married on September 15th

Willowdale Estate was a dream come true. It was truly unique in every way. When we scheduled our first venue visit, we were awed at the beauty and history hidden away in this totally private and intimate space. My husband and I worked with Melissa and she answered every small detail question with professionalism and timeliness. Day of our wedding she checked in with us every hour on the hour to see if we needed anything, and check in on how everyone was doing. The food was amazing, the tent looked beautiful and the music was bumping! We made memories we will cherish forever at Willowdale Estate— schedule a visit and see for yourself!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Carolina · Married on 09/07/2019

Willowdale was an absolute dream!

Willowdale was an absolute dream! It was the first decision we made during our wedding planning, and we knew from the moment we saw it that it was where we wanted to get married. It’s a romantic, intimate, and beautiful setting and we really cannot recommend it enough. Everyone we talked to throughout the entire wedding experience was kind, thoughtful, and genuinely cared about you, making sure all of your questions were answered and that you would have the day exactly as you wanted it. From Kaitlin giving us tours (once with my parents and again with my husband parents) and answering any and all questions, to Monique helping us coordinate bring extra guests to the tasting, to Christine helping us with any payment questions, to amazing Rana who coordinated our day and made it as magical and perfect as we had hoped, everyone was amazing. We even got a chance to speak with one of the chefs during our tasting about the seasonal options and any special requests we needed. Trying to plan a wedding from across the country was supposed to be stressful at best, but everyone at Willowdale made it so easy and actually really fun. As the bride, people were always asking me if I was stressed about planning and honestly, the only reason I wasn’t was because of the amazing Willowdale team. The online portal gave us all of the information we needed, including a very helpful list of Willowdale’s “preferred vendors”. While you didn’t need to pick from that list, everyone on it is absolutely amazing. Our florist, hair and makeup, officiant, cake, and DJ all ended up coming from that list and they too were incredible. Since we got married in December, we also got to experience their beautiful holiday décor. It gives you the warmth feeling of the holidays without screaming Christmas, which was exactly what we wanted. Our indoor ceremony in the Conservatory was intimate and beautiful. We had about 80 guests, and it was perfect. All of the food was elegant and absolutely delicious. This was something that was really important to my husband and I and Willowdale did not disappoint. From the getting ready snacks to the warm, chocolate chip cookies everything was absolutely delicious. Everything about the wedding went perfectly and we are so thankful to everyone at Willowdale for making our day everything we had dreamed it would be. Really cannot recommend this place enough. Thank you Willowdale!

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Charlotte

Charlotte Byrne · Married on 08/30/2019

Amazing team!

Willowdale was the perfect space to celebrate our wedding day. From ceremony to dancing, it is a versatile and magical space. The bridal suites were incredibly helpful as a place to convene before the festivities. The house is welcoming and home-y but filled with intricate details to elevate your event. The courtyard and tent were dreamy and comfortably held our guests. The food was INCREDIBLE -- hands down best wedding catering I've ever had. All of our guests repeatedly told us how impressed they were with the beautiful location. The staff and planning team were attentive and gracious. They know their stuff! I felt completely comfortable and secure in their hands! Cannot say enough about this amazing venue.

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Conor

Conor McDonough · Married on 08/23/2019

Exactly What We Wanted

Take a tour. I know when we did we couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else.

I can't count the amount of guests who called our wedding at Willowdale Estate "the best wedding they've ever been to" and a lot of that credit goes to the venue and the venue staff. You won't find a more beautiful property for a late summer wedding in New England and I challenge you to find a better food and bar staff. Rachel, the wedding coordinator we worked with, nailed the exact atmosphere we wanted for the day of the wedding.

Every part of the day was exactly what my wife and I had talked about it being. You can't ask much more than that!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/04/2019

The most magical venue

You really cannot go wrong with Willowdale. The venue is stunning inside and out and feels like a fairytale. On top of the amazing scenery, the food is some the best and Monique and her team really go above and beyond. They had everything we needed all night and were always one step ahead. Best night ever! Could not have asked for more.

Sent on 08/07/2019

Cassie · Married on 08/03/2019

Summer Willowdale Wedding

The venue made the planning and organizing process so easy. The food was terrific and venue was gorgeous. Everyone had an amazing time. Could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Rayos · Married on 07/12/2019

July Wedding 2019

We cannot say enough good things about Willowdale Estate! We had our wedding in July and everything was PERFECT. Nichole was the best wedding coordinator and made everything so easy throughout the planning process and on the day of! The FOOD was amazing! Everyone at Willowdale is so warm and welcoming and we are so happy we decided to get married at Willowdale. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Julia · Married on 07/06/2019

A Dream Wedding Venue

My husband and I held our wedding ceremony and reception at Willowdale Estate in July 2019. We couldn’t have imagined a better venue and planning team! As soon as we walked onto the property, we knew that it was perfect for us. Willowdale Estate has tons of character, charm, and natural beauty. Working with the entire staff was incredibly easy! When we booked the venue, we were granted access to an online portal that provided us with a variety of documents for our planning needs. We were able to input all of our wedding details into the portal, which helped keep us extremely organized. The preferred vendor list was EXTREMELY helpful! No wedding planner needed!

About 8 weeks before the big day, we were assigned a day-of-coordinator, Courtney. We had two meetings with Courtney-one about a month before our wedding and a décor drop off the week of our wedding. Courtney was AMAZING! She was extremely helpful and answered all of our questions. The week leading up to our wedding, Courtney checked-in with all of our vendors to finalize the last-minute details and day-of timeline.

The day of our wedding was a dream! We did not have to worry about a thing the entire day. I got ready with my bridesmaids in the beautiful bridal suite, complete with mimosas and getting reading snacks. I had been nervous about the passing thunderstorms, but Courtney and the team did a terrific job easing my nerves and making everything picture-perfect. The ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception flowed seamlessly. I loved how both the beautiful interior and exterior of the mansion were used throughout the evening. Our guests raved about the food, warm chocolate chip cookies, and beautiful garden courtyard backdrop.

I would highly recommend Willowdale Estate for any event! Courtney and the rest of the team made the wedding planning process very easy and executed a beautiful, unforgettable event. Thank you, Willowdale!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Melaney

Melaney Fodera · Married on 06/23/2019

Cozy & Professional

Loved having our daughters wedding here - couldn't have asked for a more picturesque venue, but the staff is amazing, professional and on it - Best Experience at a wedding venue!!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Brooke

Brooke Chateauneuf · Married on 06/04/2019

Seamless from beginning to end!

We could not have chosen a more beautiful and perfect location for our big day. From the planning process to the final dance, Willowdale Estate and it's wonderful staff made our day so special and seamless. Our guests still rave about how unique and picture-perfect the venue was - we will never forget it!

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • Naomi

Naomi · Married on 04/14/2019

Willowdale - Excellent venue for a spring wedding

My now husband and I had such a great experience at Willowdale for a friend's wedding 2 years ago that when we became engaged, we knew we wanted to have our wedding there as well. The estate is just dreamy, the food is great, and the service even better. Our coordinator, Courtney, was just amazing - she made sure everything went without a hitch. I would highly recommend Willowdale without reservation!

Sent on 05/18/2019

Caitlin Sammis · Married on 03/30/2019

Willowdale Love!

We celebrated our wedding at the Willowdale and it was truly a magical day! We held our reception inside the mansion for about 110 people and it was the perfect space, feeling like a warm and welcoming celebration which was exactly the idea we had in mind.

Weeks later, our family and friends are still raving about how it was the BEST wedding! From the service, to the delicious food and cocktails, to the beautiful grounds and decor, everyone was absolutely blown away.

From the moment I stepped foot on the Willowdale property to tour the venue, I could tell that it is a very special place. From start to finish, Belinda our sales rep and Courtney our planning coordinator, as well as the rest of the staff treated me and my family with the utmost care. From answering questions, to providing helpful planning and billing guides, and suggesting vendors (use this list! This is the A team, you won't have to look any further!) the team at the Willowdale made my wedding planning process seamless and I always knew I was in the best hands. Courtney and her team executed everything flawlessly on the day of our wedding, and I didn't have to worry about a thing.

Thank you to the Willowdale for the best day and for amazing memories that we will cherish for years to come! Caitlin and Andrew

Sent on 04/23/2019

Susan M Lee · Married on 03/26/2019

the absolute best

Our planning and final wedding day went to so smooth, it was incredible! Any and every question we had was answered in a timely manner. The Planning Team has great tools, tips, and documents, which really helped map and sort out details, including floor plan, ceremony details, etc. Our day-of experience at our wedding was absolutely flawless. Some people say that the day flies by. I didn't feel that way at all and never felt rushed. We let the ceremony set in, got to take all of the pictures, visited every table, enjoyed appetizers and our entire dinner, dance...everything! Our coordinator Rachel was always so warm, level-headed, and accommodating the entire time. She's just magical. We received so many compliments about the beautiful venue, delicious dinner, and overall wonderful wedding. We cannot thank Rachel and Willowdale enough!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Kathryn Goffredo · Married on 03/20/2019

Happy Bride

Everyone was extremely professional and kind. The experience everyone has makes planning a wedding very easy. The attention to detail is amazing. Every expectation I had for my wedding was met and exceeded. I’m so happy I chose Willowdale as my wedding venue.

Sent on 04/23/2019

Molly Schwartz · Married on 01/11/2019

Above and Beyond

The Willowdale truly made our dreams come true. The venue is beautiful, unique, and welcoming. The staff is knowledgeable, experienced, and so helpful every step of the way. We planned our wedding from across the country, and we were worried about how difficult this might make the process. But the Willowdale has so much experience doing this, that it was so easy for us. Nichole was our wedding coordinator, and she made sure everything was accounted for and ready. We had created DIY decorations, and in staging it on the day of, her team made it all look so much better than we could have done ourselves. It was magical to walk downstairs and see all of our plans exceed what we even imagined. Nichole had so many helpful pieces of advice for our planning. I will forever be grateful to Nichole for the tip she gave us at the wedding - to stop and soak up the room of family and friends cheering for us before we recessed down the aisle. This was a magical moment for us. The Willowdale added so many thoughtful, personal touches throughout the process, too, and we are honestly sad that we no longer get to be involved with them and visiting their beautiful space (and eating their delicious food). We joke about renewing our vows there every year so we can do it all again! Highly recommend this venue to everyone. They made it so easy and so special. Thank you, Willowdale!

Sent on 03/08/2019