Willow & Thistle Reviews

Willow & Thistle 6
Willow & Thistle 7

Anonymous · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Above and Beyond

My wedding was in March 2019. I met with Steve (the owner) for my first consultation. I don't know much about flowers so I had a hard time explaining what I wanted. Steve did his absolute best to show me flowers, describe things, show me photos, etc. He was so timely in sending me a quote and the whole staff was great when I had to reach out to them to make a payment or ask a question. 2 days before the wedding I was in shock when I saw a preview of a bouquet that looked nothing like I envisioned (beautiful, but not my style) and I realized there was a big miscommunication - I don't believe it was W&T/Steve's fault at all, probably more mine for having no clue what I was talking about! The quote DID match the bouquet created perfectly. I explained my misunderstanding and told Steve I understand if no changes could be made that close to the wedding, but I was upset. I didn't expect anything. To my surprise, Steve and his staff recreated ALL of my bouquets and flowers and even texted me photos of every single item for my approval. They were SO wonderful, kind, and triple checked EVERYTHING with me. The day of my wedding, I actually cried because the flowers were exactly what I had pictured!!! I would 100,000,000% use them again for any event, and I highly recommend them. So professional, kind, and flexible. They did so much more than they "had to" for me and that really is appreciated!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Sarah · Getting married on 12/13/2019

Wonderful first meeting to discuss florals for our December wedding

They made my vision come to life and were very helpful and kind!!

Sent on 03/08/2019
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 06/15/2019

the most gorgeous wedding flowers

It was truly a pleasure working with Willow & Thistle for the florals for our wedding. During our initial planning meeting, Steve took what I was trying to say and was able to bring my words to life. We changed the table layout about a month before the wedding and W&T easily adapted and delivered exactly what I wanted! In the days leading up to our wedding, the staff at W&T actually texted me pictures of the bouquets to make sure that they were everything that I wanted. I am still completely in love with my bridal bouquet! The flowers were all fresh and beautifully arranged. I'm still getting compliments on my bouquets and centerpieces!

Sent on 06/27/2019
    Willow & Thistle 8
    Willow & Thistle 9
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 05/11/2019

Flowers beyond my wildest dreams

Willow and thistle exceeded my expectations! My flowers were phenomenal and pictures don’t even do them justice. The centerpieces were so beautifully done as well. They really brought my vision to life and I could not be more thankful.

Sent on 05/15/2019
    Willow & Thistle 10
    Willow & Thistle 11
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 05/11/2019

Great Florists

Willow and Thistle was a great florist. Once we met with Steve, we knew we wanted to work with them. They were really understanding of our budget – which wasn’t that high for flowers – and came up with ideas that were both cost-effective and beautiful. They made me a stunning flower crown that needed to be picked up before all the other flowers were delivered, and they were really helpful and understanding in arranging that, even though it was extra work for them. The flowers were, of course, beautiful, and they communicated their plans for our wedding clearly and consistently. Willow and Thistle was easy to work with, honest, and produced exceptional flowers for our wedding. We recommend them highly.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 05/11/2019

The absolute best!

I cannot express enough how amazing this studio is. I worked with them for about 2 years during my planning process and from start to finish they were so easy to work with. Steve and I initially started the process of going through my colors (I had 8 bridesmaids wearing 8 different colors!) and trying to find the happy medium of floral options that would both stand out but not be overwhelming with all my colors. I have to say, he nailed it! After we went through those general ideas, I was passed along to Jen who seriously held my hand through everything! She was prompt, helpful, and was constantly sending me revised invoices!! Patti handled our day-of floral arrangements and nailed exactly the look we were going for. We also had a sneak peak at our bouquets 2 days before the wedding and I was able to make some small tweaks I wanted, which seriously made me not even have to worry about the day of! I cannot thank them enough for seriously nailing the look I was going for (and pictures to prove it). Thank you!

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Willow & Thistle 20
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 02/02/2019

Beautiful!

Everyone at Willow and Thistle was so helpful and a pleasure to work with. They were super flexible with last minute changes I requested and made my bouquet exactly as I had imagined! It was so beautiful

Sent on 03/23/2019
    Willow & Thistle 21
    Willow & Thistle 22
    Willow & Thistle 23
    Willow & Thistle 24
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 01/19/2019

Absolutely Stunning!

Working with Willow & Thistle was an absolute dream! When we started talking to florists, I had an idea of what I wanted (greenery and candles for a winter wedding) but I wasn't quite able to visualize how it would turn out. In our first meeting, Steve immediately started grabbing similar materials available in the shop and lighting candles on the table to show us how it would look. We immediately knew we could trust Willow & Thistle to make our venue absolutely stunning and they far exceeded our expectations! From the bouquets, to the boutonnieres and moms corsages, all of the personal flowers were absolutely stunning. They even made a flower 'wand' for our 7 year old flower girl that made her feel like one of the big girls and she absolutely loved! The tables were lovely, the sweetheart table was perfectly done and they used the leftover greenery to highlight the mantle. The entire event was absolutely stunning and we truly appreciate all of the hard work that everyone at Willow & Thistle put into our day! Everyone was so easy to work with, friendly, and helpful. I couldn't imagine booking any other florist to bring my wedding vision to life!

Sent on 02/28/2019

Kelsie · Married on 12/22/2018

Stunning company to work with!

Willow and Thistle where amazing to work with! From working with Steve and talking about what i wanted to Jen texting me the Friday before making sure i loved my bouquet, they are an amazing team! They also did our arch and center pieces and I was in love with both of them they looked so amazing!

Sent on 01/18/2019

Barbara Sheldon · Married on 12/15/2018

Love, Love, Love Willow and Thistle!!!

Willow and Thistle You Rock!!!
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for making my vision a reality. From my first meeting to my last, I always felt that I made the right choice, choosing you as my florist. You went above and beyond on my wedding day. My bridal bouquet was perfection! All of my bridesmaids loved their bouquets, my Grandmother even teared up a little when I handed her the gorgeous wrist corsage you made for her.
    So many of our guests complimented me on the 1-of-a-kind centerpieces that you made, and my cake looked even better than the pictures I showed you. I can’t wait to get my pictures back.
    You are true artists!
    I’m so glad that I found you.
    Thank you for making our wedding day even more special. I will highly recommend you to my friends and family in the future.
    Barb S.

Sent on 02/06/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 12/08/2018

A great experience and beautiful flowers!

After meeting in-person with Jen she helped to write-up a proposal within our budget. I was easily able to make some changes that helped with my vision of what I wanted out of the flowers. The W&T team did a great job bringing this vision to life. My bouquet was ready early and I was able to see it in advance, Jen even texted me the final product the night before so I can see it and make any changes I'd like. However, no change was necessary, they did a WONDERFUL job with the flowers and the team was so lovely to work with. I've already recommended them to a friend for her wedding this spring and could not recommend them more highly!!

Sent on 02/08/2019
    Willow & Thistle 25

Katy Fertel · Married on 11/10/2018

So Lucky to Have Found Willow & Thistle

I could not recommend Steve, Jill and their entire team at Willow and Thistle more highly. Having just worked with them on my daughter's wedding, I can say that they, their flower arrangements and their props exceeded my expectations, and, most importantly, my daughter could not have been happier with everything they did. This is a very creative team that is so much fun to work with. They are just as happy to collaborate or take the reigns. They worked with my budget, knowing where to save and where to spend, and they were generous beyond compare. Creating the perfect setting was very important to me and Willow and Thistle absolutely turned my dream into reality. I hope to have the opportunity to work with them again.

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 07/21/2018

We are so pleased with our experience with Willow & Thistle. At our first meeting last year, Steve helped us turn a few vague ideas into a put-together vision, and that vision became an absolutely beautiful reality on our wedding day this past July. We consistently had great communication with the team, and could not be happier with the way everything turned out. We got married at Normandy Farm, so working with Willow & Thistle was an easy decision--especially since they know the venue so well. I was a little nervous about the bright colors we had picked, but receiving photos of the flowers from Jen a few days prior to the wedding put my mind at ease. The bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, and flowers for the ceremony were all perfect. Highly recommend to any couple planning a wedding in the area!

Megan & Miles, 07.21.18

Sent on 09/03/2018
    Willow & Thistle 26

Lauren · Married on 07/20/2018

Willow & Thistle was one of my favorite vendors to work with during this whole process. They were very talented, upfront, honest and willing to work with me as a bride on a budget. Willow & Thistle basically gave us a break down of options, we were able to provide how much we wanted to pay and they fit the flowers into out budget. They had a few check-up phone calls leading up to the date which was a great comfort to me. Since we were getting married at Normandy, we also were able to get free uplighting in our venue which added an amazing aura to the space. Lastly, Jen sent me photos of my bouquets the day before to show me how things were coming along. That was a really cool touch! My flowers and centerpieces were gorgeous and my bouquet is still sitting in my vase on my coffee table as I write this! Totally recommend Willow & Thistle for any brides!

Sent on 07/27/2018

Nicole · Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I had a perfect experience with Willow & Thistle. They were extremely pleasant and easy to work with, they listened and perfectly captured our vibe and aesthetic, and they made everything so simple for us. We were overwhelmed with how beautiful everything turned out. I plan to use Willow & Thistle for every event in the future and couldn't recommend them enough. Thank you so much to the Willow & Thistle team!!

Sent on 06/07/2018
    Willow & Thistle 27
    Willow & Thistle 28
    Willow & Thistle 29
    Willow & Thistle 30

Ashley · Married on 05/27/2018

W&T was absolutely a pleasure to work with from start to finish. We cannot say enough good things about working with them. Professional, responsiveness and beautiful bouquets, centerpieces and décor they provided. Our first meeting with Steve we gave budget and he told us what would work or not, gave ideas how to save money, buys our own vases and rocks. Many emails later we had a plan and they executed my garden vision. Along with our flowers and décor we got an officiant too! Steve was amazing! He beautifully combined his own ideas with mine for our ceremony. He was always professional and made our ceremony personal to fit my husband and I.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Laura · Married on 04/08/2018

Willow & Thistle helped take so much of the stress out of flower picking. Steve was awesome to work with- I gave him a rough idea of my vision and showed him a few pictures I had found online, and he immediately understood what I was going for and they delivered! Very upfront with costs, very accommodating and understanding of my budget, and great communication all the way through the process.

Sent on 06/10/2018
    Willow & Thistle 31
    Willow & Thistle 32
    Willow & Thistle 33

Corey · Married on 10/14/2017

Willow and Thistle was absolutely the best to work with during our wedding. We not only got an awesome florist who took care of us from start to finish... we also got an officiant! Steve made our experience absolutely personal by not only matching our floral arrangements to our venue, but also by making our ceremony super personal to us. I am so glad that we worked with Willow and Thistle and Steve. It helped make our wedding so special something to remember!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2017

Willow & Thistle - specifically Jen & Steve - provided our flowers for our October 7, 2017 wedding. We cannot say enough good things about their professionalism, responsiveness, the value, and the sheer beauty of their arrangements. Our flowers were gorgeous and we received so many compliments on them. We stuck with very seasonable colors and they really popped in the professional pictures. Our centerpieces were very simple but elegant. They did everything we asked for when it came to personal flowers, centerpieces, altar arrangements, cake decor, etc. and used some very sentimental, personal pieces to incorporate into our designs. Overall we give 5+ stars and highly recommend using W&T!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/30/2017

Bless Jen and Steve for putting up with me over 26 months of planning my wedding. I'm one of those with a very specific vision and a Pinterest board to match. So needless to say, I was emailing them with countless details and many changes to the original proposal that was made nearly 2 years before my wedding. They were always wonderful about the changes and very accommodating, and always seemed to understand exactly what I meant. Not only were the florals beautiful, but they also flawlessly set up the rest of the antique materials I had dropped off for them. And don't get me started on the cake! The flowers on the cake were more than I could have hoped for. I don't have a professional photo of that yet but my friend managed to snap a decent one. When it came down to wedding week and they were sending preview photos of the bouquets, they were so easy to work with on making final little tweaks and perfecting everything. I would absolutely recommend them to Philly area brides!

Sent on 10/24/2017
    Willow & Thistle 41
    Willow & Thistle 42
    Willow & Thistle 43

Elizabeth · Married on 09/08/2017

Willow & Thistle was our florist for our recent wedding and we were so happy with them. They were able to work with our budget (under 2,000) and help us choose bouquets and centerpieces that fit within that budget. I was SO happy when I saw the bouquets on the morning of our wedding. They were absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Planning and communication were very easy - I would definitely recommend using this florist, especially to Normandy Farm brides. You can't beat the convenience of an on-sight florist/decorator.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/02/2017

We used Willow & Thistle for our chair rentals, uplighting, other miscellaneous rentals (wine barrels, AMAZING flower wall), and for our flowers. They were so amazing from beginning to end. Everyone we worked with was so helpful and kind. They were very flexible when I wanted to add or remove rentals and when I wanted to make adjustments to our flowers after seeing them. My only complaint is my own fault because I was not more explicit about a flower that I did not wanted added to any of the arrangements. Overall, HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/26/2017

We used Willow and Thistle for our wedding florist and couldn't have been happier! We initially met to discuss our preferences and a few months later they checked in to confirm our choices. When I replied to Jen that everything looked good but just noted that I wanted things to lean towards bold, she made some wonderful suggestions to the existing preferences and it turned out perfect!! They even sent pictures the day before to make sure I was happy with the bridal bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets! Everything was just as I had hoped and working with them was extremely easy. Thanks for adding a splash of color to our wedding day!! Loved the flowers!!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Linda · Married on 08/19/2017

The flowers for our daughter's wedding were gorgeous. I'm still looking at her beautiful bouquet and am amazed that Steve was able to include a rose that matched the bridesmaid dresses exactly. The centerpieces were more beautiful than we imagined. Steve and Jen were very responsive to our emails and telephone calls. They were wonderful to work with and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/23/2017
  • weddingbee

Victoria · Married on 08/12/2017

Everyone on their team helped make the experience wonderful! From the consultation to the wedding day! The week of the wedding they were kind enough to send me a picture of the bouquets - I had wanted a small change and they made it happen! The flowers were stunning !!! Thank you so much! Highly reccomend !

Sent on 09/09/2017