Willow Creek Golf & Country Club Reviews

36 | Mount Sinai, NY

36 Reviews for Willow Creek Golf & Country Club

36 Willow Creek Golf & Country Club Reviews

kara · Married on 09/22/2018

Where do I begin? When Steve and I originally booked Willow Creek two years ago we were working with Jessica. She was very sweet and we were very comfortable with her but after a year of booking we eventually found out that she left the company. We were in a sheer panic but quickly came to realize we were not only in good hands but better ones with the new coordinator, Patricia (Patti). She not only reassured us that the day would go flawlessly but she also was quick to answer and assist with our endless questions.

Steve and I were married on September 22nd 2018 and sure enough, the day went flawlessly. The ceremony and reception spaces were breathtaking. The views and the grounds were gorgeous and our guests are still raving about the food and venue weeks later.

We originally picked this venue because we wanted an updated and elegant space that wasn't a typical wedding venue. We have been to most of the venues on long island numerous times and each place is so similar to the next. Willow Creek not only did an outstanding job but from the menu to the cocktail hour to the ceremony, everything was just different and personalized to us. When I came to Patti with my crazy ideas and (again) endless questions she never told me no but simply asked how to get it done. She was beyond accommodating and a pleasure to work with. I cannot say enough good things about this staff and venue.

If you are looking for a wedding venue that not only goes above and beyond but is also gorgeous and delicious (and not your typical venue), then Willow Creek is perfect. I had so many big ideas and so many tiny details and nothing was overlooked or neglected.

Thank you again to the amazing team at Willow Creek. You made our favorite day absolutely perfect. We can't wait to work with you again on future parties.

- Kara and Steve

Willow Creek Golf & Country Club 8
    Willow Creek Golf & Country Club 9
    Willow Creek Golf & Country Club 10

Alyssa · Married on 11/11/2017

The food, the service, and the views are incredible! Jesse and Megan were unbelievably professional, fun, and happy the entire time. They helped make our special day even more unforgettable. Everyone hopes that their wedding is the talk of the family (in a good way of course!) We still have friends and family telling us it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to; that is a HUGE compliment.

Jeanette · Married on 08/25/2017

Jessica was amazing at helping us plan the best day of our lives! She would always answer my many e-mails and made sure every question I had was answered. All of the staff at Willow Creek were great! The scenery is stunning, the outdoor ceremony area is beautiful. The food is delicious! Our guests are still raving about how amazing the food was! Highly recommend!

Richard · Married on 07/01/2017

You expect people who attended the event to tell you they had a great time everything was wonderful. What I did not expect was was several of our guest asking about how to arrange an event there because the felt that the facility was beautiful that the food, drinks matched the decor being exquisite and the staff was professional, friendly and made everyone feel special.
    We could not have asked for anything more nothing was lacking.

d · Married on 10/28/2016

The service, food and special attention to detail that was paid to my event was superb... Jessica was fabulous to work with and helped me in every way possible.. My event was a huge success and would highly recommend this venue again and again...

Kimberly · Married on 09/17/2016

We loved our experience at the willow creek, our guests are still talking about the amazing food. Jessica was great from the beginning to end in every details, she was very personal in all of our plans. They even made sure that we got to take home some of our favorite dishes, they catered to us until the very end!

• FutureMrsBern

Katy · Married on 06/10/2016

My husband and I had our wedding at Willow Creek in June 2016. Everything was absolutely amazing!! The food is delicious, grounds are beautiful, and Jessica and her entire staff made sure it was the perfect day!

Kelly · Married on 10/16/2015

Great food, great service, very helpful and flexible! BEAUTIFUL grounds! Jessica was a pleasure to work work and made the whole process a breeze! She eased my mind and was always available to any of my questions or concerns. On the day of the wedding she was so helpful in guiding everyone for the procession. I couldn't have asked for a better event manager! Sarah, the bridal attendant was also a pleasure. She was right by my side to assist me will all of my requests. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect throughout the day, for my husband and I!
    We were so happy with the food and service staff. All of our guests had nothing but great things to say! I would deffinately recommend this "hidden jem" as a wedding venue to any couple!

Lori · Married on 10/10/2015

Everything about my wedding was perfect! I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Stephanie · Married on 10/03/2015

There are no words for how amazing Jess and her team were. Some of our other vendors were um, not great, so when I say Willow Creek deserves a 5.0 I mean it. My husband and I were impressed by the ballroom and the setting and flexibility, we asked for some strange or custom ideas and unlike other venues we weren't forced to change our ideas or looked at funny. the staff was great throughout the planning process, Jess was ridiculously responsive the whole time and so helpful. But it was the day-of that we were so grateful for. We had bad weather and Jess orchestrated our guest and other vendors due to delays and went waaay above and beyond for us. We heard from multiple guests how good the food was, I actually got to eat on my wedding day and confirm the food was great. I can't recommend them highly enough. Worth every penny, book them now.

Sent on 11/14/2015

Willow Creek Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you Stephanie. It was such a pleasure working with you and Scott! It was such a fun evening! I am glad I could be part of making your dream wedding come true.

My husband and I found Willow Creek by chance at a wedding showcase. We went not expecting too much since we both never really heard of it before that night, but from that night on, we compared every other place we looked at to Willow Creek. Right from the start, Jessica, the wedding coordinator, was friendly, helpful and informative at the showcase. Throughout the booking and wedding planning process, she continued to be a huge help in all of the planning and seemed to really care how everything went. She was so sweet, and in my excitement, I would often stop by randomly to show off the place whenever I had an out of town friend or family member visit, and Jessica would always come out and say hello, show us around and ask how everything was going with the planning. She was really like a good friend you could trust throughout the process. She was also always quick to respond to any emails or questions we may have had, and she always calmed us by keeping us on track in the process.

On our wedding day, Jessica was there to help as well. Our bridal attendant was also a very sweet and helpful woman. She even sprinted back to the bridal suite when I realized I had forgotten my flowers there as I was about to walk down the aisle! The rest of the staff was also welcoming and made all our guests feel special on our wedding day.

The staff also made us feel at home and welcomed us whenever we visited Willow Creek for other events, such as their summer BBQs and Mother's day brunch. One of the things we loved so much about Willow Creek was that we could go there for events such as these, and it wasn't just a catering hall that we could only go to if we were invited to some event.

The whole place is beautiful. The ceremony spot is breathtaking and the reception area, patio, bathrooms and lobby are all pristine. Plus the price is extremely reasonable for LI venues. My wedding day was absolutely perfect and I couldn't have asked for more!

Mike · Married on 05/23/2015

Where to start!

Let's start with the food. Chef custom made some items that were off the menu! He learned how to make from scratch and it was good! I felt like we never ran out of anything and that everyone was full and happy. The other food was delicious too. I loved all the appetizer selections and holy moly is all I could say about the carving board steak. Mashed potato bar was freaking awesome and a HUGE HIT with the guests. We opted for a buffet style dinner and it was something that worked out real well.

Secondly, the staff. One word. Wow! They were fun, professional and extremely attentive. Lisa (the maitre d) ran an extremely wonderful wedding and had a great team working with her. Can't say enough nice things about them

Thirdly, the grounds. What a wonderful and picturesque place to take wedding photos. A lot of our favorite shots were taken on the golf course.

Lastly, there was Jessica A. What a wonderful person. She helped us through countless phone calls and emails. She was always available. Her suggestions helped us out so much. She knows weddings, this is what she does. We were sold on the venue after just a few short meetings with Jessica. She is the definition of above and beyond and we loved our experience. It was truly the best day of our lives.

People, go to Willow Creek. Meet the crew. They consistently go above and beyond and gave us the wedding we wanted.

• Monica

Monica · Married on 05/23/2015

I am SO GLAD to have chosen Willow Creek as our reception venue and photo location. Our wedding day was beyond my wildest dreams, thanks to the staff at Willow Creek. Jessica Adler, the event coordinator, was the BEST. She was a JOY to work with. She worked within our budget and completely personalized the menu to what I had envisioned. (Mashed potato martini bar? Sure. Carving station? No prob. Sushi? Alright! The chef here was willing to use my mom's Korean recipes and found all of the ingredients at an Asian market for two of our chafing dishes! All within our budget!) Jessica was a calming force, especially in the last few weeks when all hell broke loose and I was panicking over the many details that needed to be completed. She went over everything, line by line, and made sure everything was in order. She ALWAYS quickly responded to every email and phone call. On the day of, Jessica and her staff ensured I had NOTHING to worry about. The team set up all of the decorations, made sure we eat, had something to drink, and crisis-controlled anything that came up. At the end of the night, the staff packed everything up and had it ready to be loaded onto our shuttle bus. As a super-Type-A person, I had NOTHING to manage or to stress about the day of. Seriously, you should really check this place out. Imagine how amazing your day could. It will be EVEN BETTER if you have your wedding at Willow Creek.

I cannot say enough good things about my wedding at Willow Creek. They were willing to work with our budget, which was very important. Jessica put up with my million questions, but Lisa was the event director the day of the wedding. She was amazing! She went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. Julia was our bridal attendant and she was wonderful also. Due to a bad snow storm our pianist could not make it, and I was going to be without any ceremony music...Lisa and Julia saved the day! They downloaded songs and hooked up a cell phone to the speaker system so that I could have music for the processional and recessional. They really showed that they cared about making sure everything was just right for us. The venue is so beautiful, we loved it from the start. Definitely would recommend for a beautiful, personal wedding where you are the only bride

Christine · Married on 07/12/2014

What can I say about my perfect wedding day at Willow Creek. My guests, who traveled from all different spots in the country, cannot stop raving about the details-- the food, the service, the surroundings, I have heard it all. It was a pleasure working with Jessica as we planned the event. The one-bride-at-a-time approach carried through the entire planning process. I never felt like I was a burden, rather all of my questions were answered in a timely fashion throughout planning.

The day of staff was also incredible, specifically we were lucky enough to work with maître d, Lisa, and bridal attendant, Danielle. I later found out my groomsmen actually took it upon themselves to give Danielle their own tip because she was so attentive.

Overall, I would recommend Willow Creek to anyone who is looking to have a classy, elegant, delicious, and unique wedding (NOT the typical Long Island "wedding factory" at all!)

AnnMarie · Married on 06/21/2014

Jessica and the Willow Creek Country Club exceeded every expectation for an amazing wedding. The venue alone is breathtaking and the food quantity and quality can not be beat. My husband and I have gone to 10 weddings in the past 5 years and this wedding was the best in every category.

• User4192892 · 2+ years ago

We loved our wedding at Willow Creek. A great venue- one event at a time, beautiful surroundings and a caring staff. We would certainly recommend Willow Creek to any bride and groom to be looking for an outstanding venue.

Anna · Married on 05/10/2014

Jessica was great! She made our day go flawlessly, under some tough conditions. It started pouring 5 minutes before our outdoor ceremony,she moved everything in-doors, kept the whole wedding on track and not one single guest even had time to notice. She was great to work with, before, during, and after our wedding. Our day at Willow Creek was absolutely perfect!

My husband and I were married in October 2013 with our reception at Willow Creek. Everything from our first meeting with the wedding coordinator to our wedding day was excellent. Jessica was amazing! She really listened to what we were looking for and was there to make sure everything went without a hitch. She let us change some things to fit our personality and our wedding, such as spiced hot apple cider as a cocktail that they offered throughout the night. Mark, the manager, was great as well. He listened to some of our concerns a few days before the wedding and each one of them were handled professionally. The venue is beautiful, inside and out. The food at cocktail hour was excellent and more than you can imagine. They offered different type of stations (mashed potato bar, sliders) that are included in the price (I found other places charged for these as add-ons). The reception was perfect...enough room for guests, room was beautiful, service was excellent, food was amazing, and overall an amazing night. Thank you Willow Creek for making our wedding perfect!!

Danielle · Married on 07/19/2013

My husband and I got married here in July. I knew a few people that had been married there and had they all had nothing but great things to say about it. When we went to look at it we knew right away that it was perfect for us. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. From our first appointment to our wedding day the staff was great to work with. Everything was perfect. The food is delicious! Couldn't be happier with how things turned out. It was the best day! Thank you Willow Creek! Love, Danielle and James

Toni · Married on 09/16/2012

Hello Kim.
    Gregg and I would like to thank you and your staff for helping our wedding be amazing.
    Everyone was so attentive and kind. We were able to totally enjoy the wedding without worrying about anything. And Serena was amazing. She was very conscious as to where I was. She was very fun and really helped me relax. And Louis just kept the evening flowing, everything was seamless. He was really great.
    The food was so delicious, our guest couldn't stop raving about it, along with how beautiful the venue is.
    And especially having you there to help us every step of the way was extremely helpful. You were always there when we needed you. You made us feel like we were the only wedding you were helping. When we weren't sure about something, or if we were confused you were right there to help.
    So I again would like to thank you and your staff for making our wedding unforgettable.
    Mr. & Mrs. Evans

Sent on 09/23/2012

Willow Creek Golf & Country Club's reply:

Thank you so very Much!!! Loved working with you and Gregg! :) Best Regards, Kim

Dominique · Married on 12/17/2011

We recently had our Christmas wedding at the Hamlet... and it was perfect! Barbara is wonderful to work with, and handled our requests (and family dynamic!) beautifully! We were able to decorate, and make the venue uniquely OURS, which was very important to us. We loved that it is a "one wedding at a time" venue, which made us feel as though our wedding was the most important one :) They also had plenty of staff, so nobody went without drink or food! Everytime we turned around, our bridal attendant was there to get us whatever we needed. Recommended to anyone :)

Kristen & Karl · Married on 06/25/2011

Our wedding at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club was the most spectacular day we could have dreamed about! From start to finish, we were professionally guided by Barbara Sesskin, who assisted us in making the details perfect for our big day. Barbara readily answered any questions that arose within an extremely timely manner - morning, noon or night. She made the entire process seem at times, more like family looking out for our interests rather than just a typical catering manager.

The atmosphere and decor was just simply gorgeous and immediately upon entering the premises, my husband and I knew that this was the place that we wanted to start our lives together at. We cannot explain to people well enough in words, how much our expectations were exceeded in the process of planning our wedding and especially, on the day of our wedding.

Barbara held a one on one food tasting that was specially planned just for us, to decide on our wedding menu and to pick out and design our cake. The food and its preparations are literally to die for and our guests have not forgotten the deliciousness they experienced on the day of our wedding.

Overall, there is nothing more than we could have wanted or asked for on our wedding day and we owe it all to the Willow Creek Golf & Country Club and Barbara!!!! It was truly the best way to start our family off on a beautiful note!

Marlene · Married on 05/15/2011

My husband and I were desperately seeking a venue for our reception and we knew we wanted a location that catered to one EVENT at a time and was reputable, clean and beautiful. It was only by coincidence that I stumbled upon Willow Creek and I am so grateful I did.

Barbara (or Babs as we like to call her) is amazing! She was on top of everything from the very beginning! She answered all my emails as quickly as I sent them out and was very involved in all the details of the planning. I would stop by Willow Creek unannounced and just walk around, envisioning the big day. I even had a great lunch there a few months before the wedding...

Anyway, so the big day was PERFECT! Babs was along my side when I needed her and she provided so much support when family members had a little too much to drink! She had the staff on point, the food was amazing, the atmosphere was just right and she was always busy making sure everything was going according to plan.

Everything looked amazing! I can't explain what a perfect day it was and I know it would not have been as amazing if we had booked elsewhere. I even have a habit of going back to visit and emailing Babs just because my experience was so great.

So in case you don't know what to look for when choosing a catering hall-this is a guideline and the points Willow Creek excelled on:

Appearance (from parking lot to bathroom)
    Atmosphere (very clean and bright-with a nice view)
    Furniture/accommodations (everything is set in the right spot and feels right)
    Reception room (is a perfect size with a beautiful dance floor and plenty of space for guests-layout is perfect)
    Bridal suite (is so comfortable and clean and nice! the bathroom is amazing)
    Etc...As you can tell I notice small details and Willow Creek made the cut.

Lastly, I asked my amazing husband to comment on his thoughts about Willow Creek and he said-"it's perfect, very elegant, pleasant and just perfect-like you"

I added the Like you part but you get the point! Just go to Babs, sit back and enjoy. Do not book a place that has another wedding going on, or a place that resembles a bowling alley, or a place that is located on the corner of a major street, or a place that is run by a greedy old man....

Enjoy!