Willis J Entertainment Reviews

Willis J Entertainment 2
  • Mariah

Mariah Hoffman · Getting married on 03/04/2021

The best DJ!

Willis made our wedding party better than I could have ever expected. From the minute we contacted him to DJ our party, he was responsive, active in working to make our wedding party as personal as possible, and was interested in every detail of our night. He was prompt, engaged, and played anything we requested. We danced with our guests until the last minute of our party. I would recommend Willis J to anyone looking for a great DJ for a wedding or any other party. He's the best!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Taylor · Getting married on 02/04/2021

Unbelievably good!

Willis is the greatest DJ (and probably one of the best people) I've ever met. We can't stop talking about how great our experience with him at our wedding was!
    He did an incredible job of balancing songs we requested with the crazy demands our guests were making at his table, while also keeping everyone on their feet for hours! The music was so good the bartender even made an appearance on the dance floor. He made everything so personal, so much so that many of my friends thought we had known him for years. He so was so kind and funny in every interaction we had. Hire Willis!

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • F

Nicole Popovich · Married on 11/09/2019

You need to hire DJ Willis for your event!

Oh my goodness, I can't say enough good thing about Wills. There's a good reason he has such great reviews - he was fantastic! From our very first phone call I knew he was the right person for us. He was super friendly but very professional, never over the top but always fun, and the best part is that he really seemed to "get me" and understand my music tastes. I was excited to have him at the wedding because he instantly felt like a friend, and one that I know had my back. And the one thing guest consistently said after the wedding was "Your DJ was the BEST!". Yep, he sure is!

Sent on 11/15/2019

Casey · Married on 10/19/2019

Dance floor was packed!

Willis was amazing! He put us at ease with his confidence in his talent and punctuality. Emails were responded to very quickly, regardless of the time of day they were sent. He checked in periodically to keep us up to date on his timeline and what he needed from us. He always made sure to see how we were feeling and that we didn't have any questions. We didn't have very much must play songs and mostly let him do his thing. The wedding was awesome. The dance floor was packed the whole night! I don't think we sat... except for toasts. There was a small hiccup with one of the songs, but he covered it so seamlessly that everyone thought it was planned. He lived up to his promise of "Don't worry about it! I got this!" If you want a packed dance floor and a personable, upbeat, happy DJ, Willis is your guy!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Patrick

Patrick Norwood · Married on 10/18/2019

Best in the Business

Willis was an invaluable asset to our wedding! He was extremely easy to work with and talk to. My wife and I love seeing people who are passionate about their work, and to say Willis is passionate is a vast understatement. He knows about every genre of music. He knows what songs sound good together, and is very good at reading the room and playing for the moment. Multiple people after our wedding came up to us and told us how awesome he was, and all we could say was "we know." My parents loved Willis, my groomsmen loved Willis, my mother in law loved Willis. He was very good about listening to us and being open to any new songs or ideas we had. Our dance floor was never empty, but the music wasn't so overwhelming that people felt like they couldn't talk to one another. My wife and I truly believe the biggest mistake you can make as far as hiring a DJ for your wedding is not hiring Willis. You will not find a better one in the Triangle!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Willis J Entertainment's reply:

How much more awesome can you be Patrick?! Thank you repeatedly for this review. To be honest, your crew of family and friends were so entertaining, it made it easy to join in on the fun and keep the great vibes going!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 09/28/2019

Willis is the best and funniest DJs, hire him!

We were in a pinch 3 weeks before our wedding when our dj and photobooth went m.i.a. on us. Willis was recommended to me by another vendor and he saved our wedding from being dj-less! He and Chance, one of his djs met us for drinks to go over what we wanted and it was no problem! Chance killed it on our wedding day and kept everyone dancing all night! Their process is all online so it made it super easy to pick songs ahead of time you wanted played and when and the songs you didn't want. They were so funny and easy going that it took all the stress out of scrambling to find a new dj! Willis and his team will not disappoint!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn Parker · Married on 09/14/2019

Great quality DJ

Working with Willis J Entertainment was a phenomenal experience from start to finish. He made our wedding so fun, and by the end almost every guest was on the dance floor. I could not recommend him more.

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Martha

Martha Goodge · Married on 08/31/2019

Kept the dance floor full all night! Great for cross-cultural events.

Our #1 reception priority was a full dance floor, but we were worried that our extremely diverse guest list would make it hard to keep everyone happy. My in-laws requested half Indian music, but couldn't give any specific song suggestions and we were at a loss. My family was coming from urban Chicagoland and rural Tennessee and also had differing expectations. Willis told us not to worry, and he somehow managed to make a combination of Indian music, hip-hop, r&b, pop, and even some danceable rock that kept everyone from the littlest kids to the aging uncles on the dance floor. We gave him mostly free rein on all the music selections, with the most minimal of direction ("Can you play songs that are fun but not danceable for the cocktail hour? Like The Lumineers?") and he figured out what we meant and nailed it every time. He even showed my nephews how his equipment worked and let them play a song. They were thrilled. We got compliments from both sides of the families on our DJ and I definitely credit him with the success of the party. He was amazing!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Willis J Entertainment's reply:

This review was so DOPE and so nice! You and Kush's wedding was so much fun that us vendors still talk about how much we loved it to this day! Thank you both so much for this. :-)

Sarah Kennedy · Married on 07/29/2019

Reception at Duke Gardens

DJ Willis ROCKS! Once you meet him you will know that he knows how to run a party! He’s funny, outgoing, and all the things you want your DJ to be, while at the same time being professional and supportive. He doesn’t try to steal the show like I’ve seen some crazy DJs do, but he says just enough at just the right times to keep the crowd happy, dancing and laughing! He is a professional DJ that can play any part to any song at any time you want! He made my crazy dream of a complicated bridal party entrance run like it had been rehearsed for months! He keeps in touch with you through the time before you wedding, and has a great online system where you can put your requests, your “do not plays”(my fav!) and timeline! Go with DJ Willis and you will not be disappointed!

Willis J Entertainment 3
    Sent on 07/16/2019

Willis J Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for this Sarah! You, Patrick and the whole fam were so much fun to DJ for. Now every time I hear E-40, you two will forever pop up in my mind haha! :-)

Damaris Hernandez · Married on 07/27/2019

He did an amazing job and definitely made sure everyone had a good time!

DJ Willis did a phenomenal job at our reception. The music was absolutely perfect. He did a wonderful job involving everybody on our special day. He is quick to reply, reach out, and meet with you. His website is amazing and easy to use. We hardly put any music on ours, yet he still make for an unforgettable night. We will definitely be having him for any of our future events.

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Colleen

Colleen Murphrey · Married on 07/04/2019

Willis J - Perfect fit for our wedding!

Willis was the perfect fit for our daughter’s wedding. Prior to the wedding, he met with us in person several times to get to know us and hear what music selections we wanted for the ceremony and reception and offered suggestions as well.
    He always put our minds at ease and was there to say “Don’t worry, I got this”! And he did!!
    Willis did a fantastic job working with the venue staff and engaging the wedding guests! Everyone had a blast!
    He’s definitely a class act, very professional, and a true DJ!
    Thank you Willis for being a part of our daughter’s special day!!

Sent on 07/19/2019

Candace · Married on 05/19/2019

Willis is awesome!

DJ Willis was great! I cannot say enough good things about him and his DJ skills. He took the time to get to know us and understand our music style. He took any and all crazy requests we had for music and he was very open to hearing new music. You can definitely tell he genuinely loves to DJ and learning about new music. His portal was also super helpful, especially the planning tools which included a timeline of events that synched with our special dances/songs. We had a very small wedding and only a few people danced, but everyone told me how great the music was. Willis is also a really cool guy. He's easy going, open minded, and great listener. If I ever need a DJ for anything else I will be using him again!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Wilburn · Married on 05/18/2019

Awesome DJ!

Willis was great! He is so charismatic and so easy to work with! He really goes above and beyond to get to know you on a personal level and understand your wants for your big day! We would recommend him to anyone who asks! In fact, our good friends booked him for their wedding next year after partying with him at our wedding!! You won't go wrong with Willis J! Look no further.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Nicola

Nicola · Married on 05/04/2019

Cannot rate more highly!

We absolutely LOVED working with Willis J Entertainment. They made our night so much fun and were extremely easy to work with throughout the whole process. We worked with Willis for planning and coordination leading up to the wedding along with Chance who as our actual DJ for the event. Both were very kind, flexible and easy to communicate with. They even met up with us early on just to get to know us, our style, and musical taste. It's important to them that they help create a day that is uniquely you. We loved hearing the music we had chosen at each stage of our event, even with us putting in our music right up to the deadline and making last minute changes the day of. If you are looking for a fun, affordable, and personal DJ company, look no further! Thank you for making our day as perfect as possible :)

Sent on 08/14/2019

Willis J Entertainment's reply:

I've said it before, but just GOTTA say it again. You two are beyond awesome! :-). I knew the wedding was amazing when Chance hit me up about it 1st thing the next morning. Still a little jealous I couldn't have seen it live!

Joseph P · Married on 04/19/2019

The Most Fun-Loving DJ in the Triangle

We wish we could rate Willis more than five stars! He was absolutely amazing from start to finish, and I can honestly say that he played such a large part in making our wedding the most special day of our lives.

We got in contact with Willis about 3-4 months before our wedding day. Before getting in contact with him, we were so stressed about finding the right DJ for our wedding. We met with many DJs who were either overpriced or impersonal. DJ Willis blew us out of the water with just how friendly, kind, and accommodating he was. He was with us every step of the way of our planning process, offering tips and advice whenever we looked stressed with sorting out everything for the wedding. He let us know that we could call and meet him as many times as we felt we needed to before the wedding, which really made us feel comfortable and secure in our choice of DJ. It was very clear from our first meeting with Willis that not only does he clearly care about the couples he works with, but he also DJs because he absolutely loves it. His passion for making people's wedding an amazing event is so unbelievably apparent.

It was so clear to us that Willis was the right guy for us that we signed a contract with him as soon as we got home after meeting him. After we signed, we got access to his client portal. Among other things, the portal has a full music selection which meant we could choose the songs we wanted for every important aspect of our wedding. Each key component of the wedding was there; first dance, mother/son dance, father/daughter dance, etc. It also let us choose our 'Must Plays' and any 'Dedications' for the reception. In all honesty, sitting on his client portal choosing our music was probably one of the most enjoyable parts of our wedding planning process!

A few weeks before the wedding we met with Willis to go over our timeline for the day. We went over all the last-minute questions we had, while also getting his advice on some final music choices we had. At no point did we ever feel rushed, or that we were causing Willis an inconvenience when we met him. Every time we saw him, I never saw him check his watch or worry how long we were meeting with him. He was always so unbelievably patient and caring in-person, by email, and by phone.

The day of the wedding finally came and Willis absolutely rocked it! He was funny and so fun-loving throughout the whole day. Our friends and family absolutely loved him! It's quite clear he has an instinct for reading the room as every song he played got our friends and family of all ages onto the dance floor!

It was honestly sad to say goodbye to Willis at the end of the night. He had made our day so unbelievably special, and we cannot thank him enough!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Patricia Solorzano · Married on 04/06/2019

Exceptional! Thank you!

We were lucky to find Willis J Entertainment for our wedding reception!! Willis and Chance are super friendly, easy to work with , and very responsible! They love what they do and their primary goal is that everybody have a great time!! Boy and we did :) Thank you Chance for making us dance till the end ! We had a blast!

Sent on 04/10/2019
  • Josh

Josh Ellis · Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing DJ for our wedding!

My (now) wife and I hired Willis J Entertainment and we are SO glad we did! Willis and his colleague Darnell provided outstanding service from the get-go, sending us an easy-to-use online portal for us to upload our wedding details and playlist ideas. We got to meet with them in person ahead of time to talk about the vibe of the reception we were looking for. They accommodated personal requests and also added in their own expert opinions. During the reception the dance floor was ALWAYS full and everyone had such a fun time. Thank you Willis J!

Sent on 03/26/2019
  • Julia

Julia Alblooshi · Married on 02/02/2019

The best dj you will ever find

My wedding was planned extremely short notice. Everything was done in approximately 2-3 weeks to be exact. We had originally booked talent from Thumbtack, however this person fell through a day before the wedding. Willis stepped in with hardly any time to prepare, and it was as if he had been planning for weeks. I was completely blown away. He was so down to earth, and got along amazingly with all of our guests. He even took requests from the flower girl! I absolutely will not ever spend money on any other DJ. If I need a DJ in the future for an event, I'm calling Willis.

Sent on 02/06/2019

Taylor Brader · Married on 12/08/2018

Book this DJ NOW!!

Don't think twice about booking Willis, it will be one of the best decisions you make planning your wedding! For a fraction of the cost he does what other larger DJ companies in the area do, and I can only imagine he does it better too, since his client service, communication, and TALENT would be hard to beat. He is so friendly, so responsive (seriously, like every email is responded to within 30 minutes or less responsive), and his enthusiasm for DJing is infectious. We had many guests comment about how great he was, and the dance party did not stop all night long. Booking his is one of my favorite decisions about planning.

Sent on 12/17/2018

Megan · Married on 12/01/2018

Stop looking elsewhere, book Willis NOW!

Willis made our wedding dance party dreams come true! We had such a blast on the dance floor and he did such a wonderful job reading the crowd and knowing what songs to play and when to play them to keep the dance floor packed! Throughout the planning process, Willis was SO responsive, flexible, and always willing to answer any questions we had. He is so passionate about music and it came through in every conversation we had leading up to the wedding. He exudes professionalism and made the music planning process a breeze! We received SO many compliments from our guests following the wedding about how great Willis was and how much fun they had dancing. Seriously, do yourself and your wedding a favor, stop looking for other DJ's, and book Willis!!! Easily one of the best decisions we made while wedding planning!!

Sent on 12/22/2018

Angela Smith · Married on 10/28/2018

Great Wedding with an Awesome DJ

Had a wonderful experience with Willis J Entertainment!! Darnell was the dj at our wedding and he was absolutely phenomenal. The communication prior to the event was spot on as we reviewed out music selections and he made sure he had everything planned out for the big day. We had a great time and many family members that don’t dance, got out on the dance floor, thanks to Darnell. We will be using this company again in the future!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Eric · Married on 10/20/2018

Excellent, professional service

Willis was excellent! I could not recommend him more. We had a blast and his music selection fit the atmosphere perfectly.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Heather Collins · Married on 10/20/2018

Willis is the beeeest

We had so much fun the day of our wedding because Willis kept the party going so well. We also had tons of fun just meeting with him to discuss and plan. Willis is an awesome DJ, an awesome guy, and I could not recommend him higher!

Sent on 10/25/2018
  • Katelyn

Katelyn Edwards · Married on 10/14/2018

Dj for life

Please make it a point to hire Willis as your DJ. The entire wedding process was so much easier and enjoyable with him. He has a great attitude and really knows how to work music. We had very small ideas about music and he made it the best night of our lives. He was flexible and easy to contact. He's planning site was so easy to use and made choosing music a breeze. During our event everyone loved him and was responsive. It wouldn't have been the same without Willis.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Daysha · Married on 10/13/2018

Best in the business!

Willis J is by far the best DJ I have every worked with and my husband and I was so fortunate to have him as the DJ for our wedding. From the first telephone conversation to our goodbyes after the wedding Willis J was the epitome of professionalism! He was able to accommodate our musical selection as well as some last minute requests by my husband with ease :) He was flexible with any and all request from my wedding coordinator and he did a fantastic job interacting with and engaging our guests! If you are looking for a truly talented DJ who will go above and beyond to make your big day everything you dreamed of look no further than Willis J.
    B&D-Married 10/13/18