William Thomas Photography Reviews

88 Reviews for William Thomas Photography

88 William Thomas Photography Reviews

Domenica Beauford · Married on 10/13/2018

Incredibly Talented and Kind Photographer

My husband, Brian, and I got married in NYC a couple of weeks ago and William Thomas Photography was the best decision we could have ever made for our wedding day photographer! Billy was an absolute pleasure to work with from the very beginning. Not only is he an incredibly talented photographer, but he is also a genuinely kind and positive person! He has a wonderful way of making everyone around him feel comfortable, which is so important when you are picking a photographer for such a special moment. A few months before the wedding, Billy shot absolutely stunning photos of us in Brooklyn. He let us be ourselves and made us feel so good during our engagement shoot. Leading up to the wedding, Billy was extremely helpful and made us feel like we were the only couple he was working with. That extra care and attention really goes along way when you are trying to put all the pieces of your wedding together!

As soon as Billy arrived at my getting ready space on the morning of the wedding, he made everyone feel at ease, especially me. The same is true of his brother Mike, who captured Brian’s wedding day morning. We truly appreciated Billy and Mike’s patience throughout the whole day. Every photo request we made that day, they gracefully delivered. They were always accessible and greeted everyone with a smile. It was the perfect duo of photographers for our wedding day! Brian and I felt confident that they were capturing the essence of our day.
    We really can't thank them enough for all of their hard work!

• Kimberly

kimberly bernstein · Married on 10/05/2018

Amazing and professional. Highly recommended!

After my husband and I got engaged last October we had no idea who to go with for photography/ videography. Co workers of mine had used William Thomas for their own personal wedding or a family members wedding so when we made a date to sit down and talk to him I was excited. From meeting him the first time my husband and I both knew his group was the one. Billy was able to answer all of our questions and concerns. Even since booking him and planning all of 2018 his replys to my somewhat silly questions were so super fast and sweet and even made time to chat on the phone for conversations needed. Our engagement shoot was the first week of January on the Brooklyn Bridge in single digit weather. I was nervous the day wouldn't go so well and would end after just a few minutes because of the weather but Billy was so eager to shoot and it made the day go by amazingly. Fast forward to our wedding Oct 5th . Him and his team showed up on time and just made the whole day go so smoothly. We never felt pressured at the venue or reveal site to be constantly bothered doing pictures. We wrapped up family pictures so quickly and easily my husband and I actually had time to enjoy some cocktail hour which I feel like never happens. His team was so professional and amazing I don't believe the day would have went as well if I had gone with another group. Still to this day people are complimenting me on our choice of photographers, that they were so amazing the wedding day. I can't thank these guys enough!! They are AMAZING!!!

• NikNak

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2018

Memories that will last a lifetime!

After the last bill is paid and you've gone off to your honeymoon, the only thing you have left to remember about your wedding day are the memories. It would make sense then, that you would want a photographer who understands and embodies that. It's not a shock then, from reading all the previous reviews for William Thomas Photography, that you have no need to look any further.

From Billy's work with us on our engagement shoot to our wedding day, we are so grateful in the care he and his team (Mike, Chris, and Nick) took in making sure we were relaxed and enjoyed every moment. They were kind, considerate, and so friendly - our families and bridal party were put at ease and could not stop commenting on how amazing they were.

We had an especially stressful week leading up to the wedding, and an even more stressful morning, and Billy just kept asking if there was anything he could do, or anything he could get me? There was a point where even I had to stop and say, wow.

We received our photos (about 1300 of them) after a month and we are just blown away. There are so many great shots and they captured the day so beautifully. From the laughter between friends, to catching up with family, and the intimate moments between us both before and after the ceremony, I only wish we had planned to have more time, but as most weddings go, we ran so late! Billy kept us on track and while we made a few concessions in some of the shots we had wanted, he made sure we got the important ones.

We also worked with his video team, and we are so anxious to see their work!

They are well worth every penny we paid!

nicole · Married on 09/15/2018

From the first time I spoke to Billy at William Thomas Photography I knew he was the photographer for us. He is so energetic and positive its infections. Personally, I’m a very self-conscious person and Billy made me feel so comfortable in front of the camera. He really understood our vision and helped capture our wedding in the most beautiful way possible. He made sure we had time to enjoy our wedding while still getting all the photos we wanted. I couldn’t be happier with how everything came out! I would recommend William Thomas Photography over and over again, and funny enough (I didn’t even realize) a few people I know are already using him for their upcoming weddings

William Thomas Photography 1
    William Thomas Photography 7
  • Noel

Noel · Married on 09/15/2018

Best Team Ever!

I absolutely loved working with William Thomas Photography! Billy made the entire booking process easy and straightforward. He was responsive and enthusiastic from start to finish. Maggie and Mike photographed our wedding and they did a phenomenal job. Everyone said so! I was so impressed by their creative, helpful, easy-going, uncomplicated, and pleasant approach. They were not over-bearing, half of the time you forgot they were there (!) because the big and little moments never felt forced or unnatural. They're just awesome people and made sure we felt comfortable and supported throughout the entire day. The artistic shots came out stunning and I'm so happy we have those romantic moments captured so beautifully. We especially love the family portraits, which are so important to share with loved ones, they are classic yet so ethereal. Maggie and Mike truly captured our botanical vibe so well by selecting the perfect backdrops at our off-site location. We really enjoyed checking out the wild action shots from the reception - they captured the essence of how much FUN we had with our guests. Overall, they're a pleasure to work with and we couldn't be happier with the final results. It's such a gift to be able to relive the most important day of our lives because it really does go by so quickly! Choosing this team was absolutely the easiest and best decision we made for our big day. Forever grateful.

Daniel Mineo · Married on 09/08/2018

The rare “above and beyond” photographer

Wether you were apart of our wedding party, family or had the pleasure to spend extra time with Billy as part of the couple tying the knot.... your opinion of Billy and his work stands out as truly exceptional . Everyone at the wedding mentioned to us how incredible he was and had at least one story of how he was able to enhance the event, through his ability to simultaneously play the role of “unofficial wedding coordinator” Making sure the vendors and staff ,even outside of his team, were working well together to create the perfect evening. .
    His team was able to capture all the important moments. From all of the pictures you have on your checklist , to the ones you would have never thought of and later, could not live without. I almost wish I could get married again , just to work with billy and his amazing team. I can not sing the praises of his professionalism and quality of work loud enough. Thank you for saving and documenting our special day in a way no one else would b able to!! A

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

If there is one vendor you MUST book for your wedding it is William Thomas Photography!

We used William Thomas Photography for our August 18, 2018 wedding. We went for the package that included two photographers and one videographer. Working with Billy is literally a dream! His work speaks for itself - he is beyond talented and artistic. We love that his photos aren't the typical "oversaturated" cookie cutter wedding photos but that you really feel the life in them. He also doesn't charge per hour. Many photographers charge more money if you go beyond 8 or 10 hours but you get Billy all day - as many hours as you need start to finish for the same cost. On top of that, he is the SWEETEST human on the planet. Everyone at my wedding was absolutely obsessed with him and a few of my friends who are engaged now want to use him for their weddings as well. He sent us about 1,800 pictures from our wedding and every single one is incredible. I truly want him to photograph every life event of ours moving forward because he is that talented and now we just adore him! I wouldn't hesitate to book Billy as he will capture your day flawlessly.

William Thomas Photography 8
    William Thomas Photography 9
    William Thomas Photography 10
    William Thomas Photography 11
    William Thomas Photography 12

Courtney & Jesse · Married on 07/27/2018

Billy and his team were absolutely amazing in every way! They were professional, kind, patient, and made everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. Billy was right next to us the entire day snapping each and every shot we asked for! Billy came with Mike, Harrison, and Greg who were all amazing as well. They captured every detail of our special day! We can’t wait to see our wedding video and pictures. We can not recommend William Thomas Photography enough!!!

Ewelina · Married on 07/21/2018

William Thomas is a phenomenal photographer. After tirelessly searching for someone to capture the beauty of our wedding day, my wife and I knew Billy was the one. Our first session (an Engagement Photo Shoot) was held at Prospect Park and Billy was able to capture plenty of shots utilizing the various scenery and lighting. On our wedding day, Billy, Maggie, and their video team were stellar at truly conveying the feeling of such an important event. From artistic-styled images to candid photos, they incorporated all the parties present at both our ceremony and reception. Moreover, any questions or concerns we had prior to and after our wedding were answered in a quick and helpful manner. Thanks so much for making our day so memorable!

Briana · Married on 07/07/2018

William Thimas Photography was an amazing choice for our July wedding. My cousin recommended him after a few of her friends used him and his company at their wedding.
    I was not the “bride” that is typical. I hated photographs, I was u comfortable by “eyes on me” and I didnt even want to take engagement photos out of fear.
    Billy was amazing. From the forst chat with him, I felt at ease. He was so amazing at understanding MY vision yet gave advice and insight in a very non-aggressive way. I never felt pushed to do something I didnt want and he never tried to upsell me on a package.
    The pictures and films speak for themselves on his website. But what stood out even more to me was the professionalism and kindness of him and his staff.
    Billy, Maggie, Greg, Mike and JJ all photographed our wedding. One of my many requests...was that the bridal party did not have to take a million photos and miss the fun.
    Billy and his crew never cared about what THEY wanted to do, they came through on all of my requests with a smile on their face the whole time.
    I didnt want a first reveal in any way, shape or form. Billy has this amazing ability of communication. He suggested a few ideas so I wouldnt have to do a “formal first reveal” but set it up so my husband and I casually met each other. He just suggested that I may want to have a few pics without our bridal party staring at us. HE WAS 100% correct!
    Those are some of my favorite photos!
    In summary, these guys and gals just made us feel so comfortable, as if friends were taking our picture. I will forever remember their kindness, professionalism and AMAZING PICTURES!
    My family loved them, all of our 200 person wedding commented on how we never knew they were there! They are not “in your face” photographers. They blend in and make everyone so comfortable yet get shots that you didnt even kno

William Thomas Photography 13
    William Thomas Photography 14

Thomas Kelly · Married on 06/30/2018

William Thomas Photography is amazing! The team was the best and we love all of our photos!

Billy, Maggie, and Mike were amazing! They are very professional, knowledgeable and very easy to work with. The team was very respectful and captured our special day in a beautiful way. We love all of our photographs, everything was perfect! We highly recommend using William Thomas Photography.

Joanna · Married on 06/29/2018

I could not have imagined my wedding day without Billy and his team!

From the first meeting with Billy, I knew he was for us. I had first seen his work on Instagram and immediately fell in love. I was thoroughly impressed and in awe by his and the team's photos and talent. No other company, team, or solo photographer I had seen at various wedding expos had come close. The vision he had and the story told through the photos is exactly what we wanted. Then, after meeting Billy and spending two hours with him in a Starbucks, it was an instant connection, and we knew he had to be a part of our special day. He made us feel so comfortable by answering all of our questions, sharing his work, and asking us about what we wanted our day to look like so he and the team could make it everything we wanted. He is responsive, dedicated, passionate, and friendly. He was so excited about our ideas and brought a talented and innovative eye to shooting our love story. I literally could not imagine our day without Billy, Maggie, Mike, and Drew there. They were so great at organizing the timeline for the day of, managing our families for photos, took time and care and patience to make sure that everything ran smoothly. And, besides hanging out with them for the day, where they were making us and our families feel comfortable throughout all the picture taking, the picture were breath-taking, amazing, and more than anything I could have imagined. And, they were edited really quickly after the wedding. The team is hard-working, professional, and truly authentic. I get compliments on my photos by anyone who looks at them and I could not recommend Billy and the team any more!

Chelsea · Married on 06/02/2018

I don't even know where to start. Billy was extremely professional and personable. He made everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera and had my whole family and bridal party singing his praises by the end of the night. The pictures are absolutely stunning, artistic, and perfectly captured the love and joy my husband and I felt on our wedding day.

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2018

The absolute best!!!

Words can’t even express how excellent William Thomas Photography is!! Billy and his team are some of the friendliest, most down-to-earth people you’ll meet. My now husband and I were anxious about our pictures for the engagement shoot and the wedding, we always felt awkward having our pictures taken but Billy made us feel like we were professionals! We had so much fun at our engagement shoot and we left feeling so great afterwards we couldn’t wait to take more at our wedding! Billy and his team are excellent at communicating with you and making sure every detail is exactly how you want it. Maggie, Mike, and Billy photographed our wedding and Greg was our videographer, all of them were absolutely tremendous! Our friends and family had so much fun with Billy and his team, they raved about them all night. I still have people talking about how amazing they were!! Our pictures are unbelievably stunning, I can’t believe it’s us sometimes. Billy and his team are on top of everything, they were so helpful and have such great insight. They were by far our favorite vendor and made the whole process so easy! I can’t say thank you enough to everyone at William Thomas Photography!!!!

Leah · Married on 05/17/2018

Words won't sufficiently articulate my gratitude - but here it goes. Billy and his team are not only professional at what they do, they also are extremely talented, reliable, kind, passionate, organized and just an absolute pleasure to work with. Throughout the process Billy always made time for me to talk through ideas, concerns, suggestions, and anything that could help drive sound decisions. He always knew how to make me and my (now) husband feel comfortable, and at ease in such a stressful period (during meetings, the engagement photo shoot, and of course the day of as well as now even as we go through making the album). I am so happy with how all the photos turned out, and do not stop getting compliments. He works with whatever budget you have as well, which is always appreciated. Not to mention, other vendors I worked with that were familiar with Billy's work, were only saying good things. If you want to have something go right on your special day, and photos you will cherish, I suggest at least giving Billy a preliminary call, and you'll see what I am talking about.

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2018

Billy is a creative genius! Our wedding pictures came out amazing, with so many options to chose from; it’s almost too much. Billy and team perfectly captured the vision and vibes for our small wedding. From the moment I met Billy I knew he was our guy, he is super laid back, friendly, and professional. He is extremely helpful and willing to help with any issues or concerns you may have, as well as offer his own honest opinions as well. For a couple who does not particularly enjoy being photographed, Billy and his team made us feel comfortable and relaxed through it all. I would absolutely recommend William Thomas Photography for your wedding!

William Thomas Photography 15
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 04/07/2018

Billy and his team are absolute top notch professionals with hearts of gold!! They brought such a positive aura to my wedding day, kept everybody calm and orderly, and were constantly asking if they could help with more. They captured my day in such a phenomenally beautiful way, getting unbelievable shots of our wedding. They did all of this while staying seemingly unnoticed. Billy made sure we spoke multiple times before the big day and went over the important details. He helped me create a timeline, went over the shots we were interested in, etc. He was extremely receptive to my pinterest page, and got our photos back within a week!!! Not only are Billy's photographs of premier quality, but the character of him and his team will not be found elsewhere. They are a group of kind and caring professional experts in this field who have an unmatched artistry in photography. I would recommend William Thomas Photography to anyone and everyone, you will have the most beautiful photos with the greatest team in the world!! Thank you Billy for everything!!

William Thomas Photography 16
    William Thomas Photography 21
    William Thomas Photography 22
    William Thomas Photography 23

Adam · Married on 12/09/2017

I cannot express how wonderful William Thomas Photography was in making our wedding a special day. From meeting him for the first time, we both knew that Bill would put his all into this project. We were looking for a personal experience and his team made us feel that way. Getting married during the first snow fall of the season could spell disaster for some, but they made us feel comfortable and were excited to take advantage of the weather and get some beautiful shots. We all braved the elements and the pictures are amazing. He had a vision and we allowed him to create it for us and could not be happier. The level of professionalism and calmness was first rate. Their ability to get candid photos of all family members on both sides of a 245 person wedding was amazing. We thank William Thomas Photography for all that they did for us and would highly recommend them to all.

meagan · Married on 10/21/2017

Very Special, Stress Free and kind

It’s hard to begin this review being that they not only captured our wedding day perfectly, but they also saved the day (or at least the bride {me} from having a melt down).

2 weeks prior to our mini destination wedding in Montauk, NY our photographer cancelled on us due to “double booking”. I wouldn’t have even found out, but I emailed my vendors to confirm final payment and details two sundays before the big day. Needless to say I was stressed, upset and just angry! We were highly recommended William Thomas photography and I called them immediately (assuming I’d have no luck on one of the busiest wedding dates of the year)! Billy was not only incredibly responsive, but he should be a therapist haha! He called me down and talked me off a ledge. Although he was previously booked, he arrange s that Maggie would come out to Montauk instead of shooting with him that day like previously planned. He discussed everything with me and took the time out to go over little details I hadn’t even considered.
    Maggie and Mike came on my wedding morning with smiles and a sense of calmness. Not to mention they’re just easy going, which is super important on a somewhat already naturally chaotic day (and you spend a lot of time together)!
    Now on to their work and talent. I am not comfortable in front of the camera and neither is my husband, yet they captured so many natural photos that made us look like we’ve done this before! I truly believe everything happens for a reason and they absolutely were supposed to be our photographers! I couldn’t imagine not having them there! My only regret is not finding them sooner. I am now married a little over a year to the day and still look at a handful of pictures almost daily..
    I am still getting compliments - even from strangers that continue to come up to me because they had seen our wedding photos (good old social media). Since then, my best friend booked them for her recent wedding which each and every photo is not surprisingly amazing. Two other friends have also booked them for their wedding!
    If you’re inbetween or still deciding- book them now! You will not be disappointed with not only their work, but their professionalism and over all vibes that day :)
    Thank you Maggie, Mike and Billy for making our day so memorable through stunning photos!

William Thomas Photography 24
    William Thomas Photography 34
    William Thomas Photography 35

Karen Bruckner · Married on 10/07/2017

Highly recommend!

Absolutely love our wedding and engagement photos! This was our favorite part of the wedding experience. William is kind hearted and his whole team just made our day from start to finish. They captured the most beautiful photos that we will cherish for a lifetime. The photos are raw, crisp and unique. It matched our personality and style. The video was also our favorite, it’s put together like a story with music we picked out! Highly recommend him and his team!!

Andrea · Married on 09/30/2017

I cannot be more satisfied with Billy and his team. From day one of meeting him and Maggie in a coffee shop in the NYC, we knew we were in good hands. We got married on September 23rd, 2017 in Montauk, NY. Maggie and her team (her + 1 more photographer, +2 videographers) arrived early and started working right away. A great aspect about their packages is that they don't put a time limit on your day, you tell them when you want them there and they stay until the last dance! Maggie was an absolute superstar on the day of our wedding. She captured so many amazing moments, and was hustling around to every location scoping at great spots to capture. I will never forget her running up a hill (in 85 degrees weather) to meet the bridal party, just to get one more picture. We received our photos within 2 months after our wedding, received our thank you cards within a few days of choosing our photos and received our highlight video/wedding film within 3 months of our wedding day, and we are obsessed with everything!! We cannot recommend this group more!! We've gotten so many compliments on everything! Thank you for capturing our day in the most amazing ways possible!! XOXO

William Thomas Photography 36
    William Thomas Photography 37

Taylor · Married on 09/09/2017

Billy and his team are by far the best of the best. They are not only talented artists, but kind-hearted, amazing individuals. Billy has such a keen eye for photography and knows exactly how to capture those spectacular memories you only ever dream of having! I couldn't be any happier!

William Thomas Photography 38
    William Thomas Photography 39
    William Thomas Photography 40
    William Thomas Photography 41

Matthew · Married on 09/03/2017

We first met Billy when he was photographing a close friend’s wedding. He had a positive, calm, and warm energy and he was totally unobtrusive. But when we saw the way he was able to capture the unique relationships to the couple, we were amazed.

When it came time for planning our own special day, Billy was the only photographer on our list. Billy was already booked on the day of our wedding, but had us meet with his associate, Marguerite (Maggie) Pintauro, who was at our other friend’s weddings
    as Billy’s second photographer. Maggie was wonderful from our first meeting. She had Billy’s same cool energy, had a great portfolio, and clearly wanted us to have the best photos.

We are big theater fans and getting pictures in the theater district was important to us. As the theater district and Times Square are neighbors, this meant a lot of outdoor shots, dodging traffic and tourists. A stressful situation under normal circumstances, forget about being photographed as you navigate the crowds. Maggie was a pro, as was Mike, who was assisting Maggie during our engagement shoot and again at the wedding. We were having so much fun, our engagement shot turned into a 3-hour event!

Our wedding was a 9-hour event, not including the pre-event photos that Maggie and her team captured. The wedding also included a lot of live performances. Maggie and her team were with us throughout, capturing the amazing moments from the day (scripted and not). People kept saying to us, “Your photographers seem to be everywhere.” Reviewing the amazing shots in the online gallery, it’s clear that Maggie and Mike were indeed everywhere, forever preserving special memories and moments.

We were selected to appear in the NYTimes Wedding Announcements, and selected one of the amazing photos from our engagement shoot with Maggie to accompany the announcement. We love that for all time, in print, our wedding is now associated with WT Photography.

Tiffany · Married on 07/29/2017

We can't say enough great things about William Thomas Photography! Billy was a pleasure to work with from our first conversation, and we are so grateful to have had Maggie, Mike and Keith with us to capture our big day! A friend sent us to William Thomas and now we have had the pleasure of doing the same. Looking forward to seeing them again when they capture our close friends' wedding in December!