William Allen Farm Reviews

William Allen Farm 7
  • Emily

Emily Bowie · Married on 07/20/2019

incredible!!

Heidi and Al went above and beyond for us during our wedding and while we were planning. We are incredibly grateful for their beautiful space and steadfast presence. It was 95 degrees with 69% humidity on my day but Heidi and Al did everything they could to cool us down and it was STILL beautiful and everyone still enjoyed themselves immensely. Would absolutely recommend.

Sent on 07/25/2019

Annie · Married on 06/22/2019

Magical June Wedding

Where to begin?! Heidi and Al are two of the kindest, most reliable, warm and considerate people I have ever met. Everything about the barn (from the setting, the location, their property) to them (their patience and communication and compassion) made this wedding a dream. When we first booked the farm, we didn't know that we would be moving to Los Angeles shortly after that. Despite the 3,000 miles and time difference, the wedding went off without a hitch and so much of that had to do with the incredible commitment that Heidi and Al have to making each wedding amazing. We cannot begin to recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Kayla Colarusso · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding perfection!

William Allen Farm is without a doubt an amazing venue. The owners, Heidi and Al, are truly amazing people. They made us feel so at home and welcomed on their property for our wedding. Heidi was always just a call or an email away! She made the process a lot smoother! Whether you live right down the road or hours away. This venue is something worth checking out!!! It made our wedding day even more perfect!

Sent on 11/10/2018
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 09/29/2018

The PERFECT place to get married

When we started planning our wedding we first focused on choosing our venue and we are so incredibly lucky we got to be at the William Allen Farm. The venue is absolutely stunning and Heidi and Al were an absolute pleasure to work with. If we had to plan our wedding 100 times we have it at the William Allen Farm every single time. Heidi and Al, thank you for everything!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Kelli White · Married on 09/15/2018

AMAZING! You have to choose this Barn! It was everything.

The William Allen Farm was everything I had dreamed for. It is such a beautiful property and barn. So well kept and loved by its owners, Heidi and Al. Heidi was amazingly helpful and sweet through the whole planning process. She was always there for me when I needed help regarding vendors and recommendations. She made us feel at home and so excited every visit we had! I can not say enough about this place. I love it so much and it will forever hold such a special place in my heart as my beautiful wedding venue. Thank you for offering your home as the most perfect Barn wedding venue!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Kate · Married on 09/08/2018

The best wedding barn in Maine!

I cannot say enough AMAZING things about the William Allen Farm. The William Allen Farm, Heidi and Al truly are what made our wedding as special as it was. I could not recommend more highly this venue. It is perfect - so beautiful, accomodating for a mixture of indoor/outdoor space, a GREAT bar set up, awesome bridal suite and the BEST hosts you could ever imagine. We were completely in love with the WAF from the minute we pulled up to see it a year before our wedding, and it only became more clear this was the spot for us after doing a tour with Heidi. She went above and beyond to make our wedding special - to accomodate us for all the little details and extras that we needed, helped with vendors, etc. Absolutely in love with this place!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 09/01/2018

Wonderful wedding venue

We were lucky enough to secure William Allen Farm for our September 2018 wedding. The space is absolutely gorgeous and it has a rustic feel without being shabby. The expansive grounds made for some truly beautiful photos in front of the flower gardens and pond. Heidi and Al were so helpful throughout the whole process. Heidi was quick to answer what felt like the hundreds of questions we had leading up to our day and was so great day-of. The on-site bathrooms were always neat and clean, and bridal suite was such a fun place to get ready, and there was more than enough parking for our wedding of 100. We would definitely pick this venue every time!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Michelle · Married on 08/04/2018

My husband and I got married at William Allen Farm in August and loved everything about the experience. The barn had a rustic yet elegant feel and fit our 130 guests for dinner perfectly with room to spare. The grounds were a beautiful backdrop for our wedding photos and cocktail hour, and Heidi and Al we’re so easy to work with and kind. It didn’t even matter that it rained. If you want to throw an unforgettable party, do it at William Allen Farm.

Sent on 09/08/2018
  • I

Ilka · Married on 07/28/2018

Having our wedding at William Allen Farm was an absolute dream. The barn and property have such a unique character and offer so much: the cozy bridal suite, nice real bathrooms, indoor/outdoor bar, catering deck, loft for our photo booth, and beautiful pond which we had our ceremony next to. We had almost 200 guests and it still felt very spacious because of the different places people could gather inside and outside of the barn. Our guests were so impressed with the venue and the beauty of the property. A huge thanks to Heidi for being so caring and helpful during the planning process. She led me to some of the best vendors in Maine and always had helpful answers to my questions. If you're interested book quickly and you wont be disappointed :)

Sent on 09/10/2018

Bob · Married on 07/07/2018

My daughter (I'm the Father of the Bride) held her wedding and reception at the William Allen Farm. I cannot speak more positively about the facilities, or about Heidi and Al. The setting is perfect . . . a genuine old barn which dresses up very nicely . . . with a cool bar area and a nice loft, all surrounded by a pond and beautiful grounds. And Heidi and Al were terrific . . . there when you needed them, hidden when you did not. They are genuinely nice people. And because they only host one event in a weekend, we were not rushed. We were able to start setting up on Thursday (our choice, not something we had to do) and chose to have our rehearsal dinner ( a lobster bake) there on the Friday evening before. And we could go back on our own time Sunday morning to finish clearing out, leaving the wedding day free for the main event. We visited many barn venues. Looking back, the William Allen Farm was clearly the obvious and right choice.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Chelsea · Married on 06/30/2018

My husband and I got married at William Allen Farm this summer and could not have asked for a better experience. The owners of the farm, Heidi and Al, are just lovely! They went out of their way to make us feel at home and were responsive and informative during our 1.5 years of wedding planning. Our wedding was forecasted to be especially hot and humid so Heidi and Al picked up 3 industrial fans to cool our guests off in the barn (thank you!) The venue is spacious and well kept and there are no bugs to speak of. We had 120 guests and plenty of room in the barn for mingling, eating, and dancing. If I had to do it all over again, I would book William Allen Farm in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Kristin · Married on 06/16/2018

Heidi and Al are one of a kind. My husband and I spent more time than I really care to admit looking for the perfect spot for our wedding. We stumbled upon William Allen Farm and truly fell in love. Heidi and Al were welcoming, responsive, assisted us with endless questions and recommendations for vendors. It was truly a wonderful experience. The day of the wedding, Heidi and Al were on site, providing guidance and support. They worked so hard to make sure out day was nothing less than perfect. I cannot thank them enough for everything they've done. I would highly recommend checking out this venue!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Tori · Married on 06/09/2018

The William Allen Farm was extraordinary. The grounds are obviously well taken care of with impeccable grass, and beautiful gardens scattered throughout. The pond was the perfect setting for our late afternoon wedding ceremony, and the barn itself is the quintessential New England barn that worked wonderfully for our dinner and reception. The bridal suite was beautiful, tranquil, and perfectly set up to accommodate hair and makeup, and the balcony in the barn was the ideal hangout for the groomsmen before the wedding. Thank you for everything, it couldn't have been better!

Sent on 06/12/2018
    William Allen Farm 8
    William Allen Farm 9
    William Allen Farm 10
    William Allen Farm 11

Jackie · Married on 09/16/2017

We fell in love with William Allen Farm the moment we pulled up the driveway. A beautiful, bright red barn surrounded by stunning scenery - yet there's also something about this place that makes you feel at home. And then you have the owners - Heidi and John - who are so welcoming, generous and respectful all while maintaining a high level of professionalism. My husband and I are very fortunate to have hosted and celebrated our wedding day at WAF in September and loved every moment of our time at the farm and working with the Curry's. Our guests absolutely raved about the barn and property - everyone had a blast! We cannot recommend this venue (or its owners) enough!

Sent on 10/09/2017
    William Allen Farm 12
    William Allen Farm 13

Abby · Married on 09/09/2017

I can’t speak highly enough about the William Allen Farm! The barn and property are absolutely stunning, and it was a pleasure to work with Heidi. My family and I did a lot of our own decorations and planning, and Heidi and her husband were incredibly helpful – answering all of our questions and giving great advice on how to execute our plan. We visited the property several times leading up to the wedding, and even though I’m sure they had a lot going on (it was wedding season after all), they always found a way to work us into their schedules. It’s clear that they are extremely invested in the couples they worth with, and we couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out. I would highly recommend them for your wedding!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Susan · Married on 09/02/2017

My daughter Sarah and her husband Greg were married in early September at the William Allen Farm. They could not have chosen a more perfect place for their wedding. The barn had the charm and rustic appeal that they were looking for and beautiful outdoor areas for the ceremony. The owners are fantastic. They helped us along the way with any concerns we had. A beautiful wedding at the William Allen Farm!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2017

We could not have asked for a more perfect venue- rustic elegance. It was a fairytale wedding! So happy with how everything came together, and working with Heidi was a pleasure.

Sent on 10/11/2017
    William Allen Farm 14

Katelyn · Married on 08/26/2017

William Allen Farm is the most beautiful venue ever! The barn has a natural beauty that literally does not need any sort of decoration to help it out. There are sprawling lands surrounding the venue that you can do so much with; my husband and I set up a ton of games for the guests to play, we had our ceremony on site, and the caterer made the food on site - no one could see where they were set up, that's how much space there is. There is a gorgeous bridal suite on the property, which was amazing to get ready in. There is just so much I love about this venue, I can't say enough about it! Heidi and Al (the owners) are incredibly nice and so helpful. Heidi introduced me to some amazing vendors and I'm so grateful for that! She was also extremely accommodating and let me come to the venue about 1000 times, always when it worked for me - not based on when she was available. Heidi and Al really are the sweetest people ever; I think its a strong reason for why we ended up booking this venue. Great owners, beautiful venue, and so close to Freeport that guests can make a weekend getaway out of your wedding. We're so happy we found this place!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Kim · Married on 07/22/2017

The Curry's were just the people to support us through the planning and execution of our daughter's wedding. There are bound to be unforeseen challenges and that doesn't bother the Curry's! They are kind, wise, flexible, and professional. The barn and the grounds are beautiful and kept pristine! The rolling hills, the pond, and the beautiful woods provided the perfect backdrop. The barn and the attached deck provides plenty of room for our guests to spread out, but not miss all the dancing! The configuration of the bar, serving outside and in, is a brilliant design that served our guests well. We could not have found a better venue for the wedding!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Kate · Married on 07/08/2017

Heidi and Al were amazing to work with! They helped my husband and I with every detail. They gave us recommendations on how we could utilize the space for our large wedding. We had an amazing wedding that our guests as well as us will never forget, and a lot of that is because of Al and Heidi! I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Karen · Married on 07/08/2017

This venue was perfect in every way! My daughter could not have chosen a more beautiful location or more supportive people to work with. Heidi and Al ensured that every aspect of the property was immaculate and that her day was spectacular. The double rainbow that ended in the field was an extraordinary touch.

Sent on 08/08/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/01/2017

I cannot say enough about how great the William Allen Farm was! Heidi was absolutely amazing at communicating and assisting in any way she could and she really made the experience so much more enjoyable. We had our rehearsal dinner in a tent on the property, ceremony outside by the pond and reception in the barn. I fell in love with the barn and all its amenities. It was so nice being able to be on property the day of and get ready with my ladies in the bridal-get-ready-suite! So many of my wedding guests said they absolutely loved my venue and I couldn't be more grateful to Heidi and William Allen Farm for being the perfect backdrop on the best day ever!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Samantha · Married on 06/24/2017

William Allen farm is the perfect barn wedding venue!The amount of thought, planning and pride that this family has put into their home/ venue is obvious from every angle. From the cozy bridal suite, hidden gravel- lighted parking area, flower beds, (I could go on & on) everything is designed to improve the guest experience. Since the time we visited the venue there were multiple improvements and upgrades. The built in bar is accessible from both outside & inside. They also added a deck so the catering tent is out of the way & off the ground. They also installed a stone walkway in the front of the barn. The day before our wedding & even the morning of, Heidi & Al were both working non-stop to make sure the property was flawless. Another reason we choose this venue was because of Heidi & Al. DIY venues are big undertakings especially without a full-planning service. Heidi & Al are both so calm, easy to talk to & genuinely kind. When the chaos and craziness of your wedding hits you, these are the kind of people you want surrounding you &your family! Throughout the entire planning process Heidi was quick to reply to my questions, honest in her recommendations & overall so easy to work with.
    We cannot say enough good things about Heidi, Al and William Allen Farm. This wedding venue was the most perfect setting for us & the pictures we have from the day are breathtaking. This venue is well planned, well-executed & clearly a passion for the owners. Our day was perfect!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/10/2017

This was the perfect setting for our wedding. Heidi was very responsive and always willing to help. She had no problem letting us store a trailer (full of wedding décor) on the farm the week leading up to the wedding. She was also very helpful if I had any questions on vendors or the logistics for the wedding day. If your interested in having a barn wedding I strongly suggest taking a drive out to view the barn, as soon as my husband and I saw it we knew it was perfect. The location is also amazing! All our out of state guests were in love with Freeport. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 08/02/2017