Wildflowers Reviews

Wildflowers View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Maddie N. Married on 04/24/2021

Wonderful florist, so helpful!

The staff at Wildflowers blew us away for our wedding! I mainly worked with Joanna leading up to the wedding, and from the beginning of our meetings she listened to everything I wanted. She also provided much of her input when I needed some help deciding what would look good together. All of the arrangements on the wedding day looked beyond gorgeous! I only had colors in mind, Joanna helped us find the perfect flowers to match my style as well as the season. The staff who brought the flowers out that day were so helpful and willing to adjust when we had to make adjustments due to the weather. We could not have been more pleased with their work and customer service. They made the process easy and the flowers were beautiful!
  • Katie
    Katie M. Married on 08/15/2020

Amazing design and service

We absolutely loved working with Joanna and Wildflowers and plan to again for our postponed reception in 2021. Joanna ran with my wildflower vision and brought it to life more perfectly than I could have imagined. We so appreciated their kindness, flexibility, responsiveness, and professionalism as we navigated pandemic-related changes and challenges, and we couldn't have asked for a smoother process or more beautiful wedding day florals. Highly highly recommend!!
  • Joanna
    Joanna I. Married on 09/20/2019

Extra flowers

Very responsive and flexible vendor. We had extra boutonnieres provided for groom and parents without extra cost. Thank you!
  • Mimi
    Mimi S. Married on 07/07/2019

Beautiful chuppah!

Wildflowers prepared the flowers for our wedding in the Missouri Botanical Rose Garden. The bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces matched our blush color scheme and were delivered on time to the hotel for bridal party photos. Additionally, Wildflowers prepared a custom chuppah for the ceremony and centerpieces for each of the tables. The arrangements were beautiful and we couldn't have asked for more!
    Katie Married on 11/11/2017
    Sara and Joanna are incredible!! When we sat down for our first meeting, we went over my Pinterest board of bouquets I liked. Each one they asked what I liked about it and offered suggestions on how they could incorporate that element for the wedding. I appreciated the care, attention, and effort they gave to me when discussing everything. If there was ever a detail that I wasn't sure about/ didn't have a specific idea about, they offered suggestions and always asked if that would be something that I would like. I appreciated having their expertise as well as their flexibility to take my vision into account. My husband and I also had a tight budget and Wildflowers was still able to accommodate all our needs. Nothing looked anything short of stunning on our wedding day.

The day of, the flowers showed up on time and I couldn't get over how beautiful everything was. I had TONS of compliments from bridal party and guests at how beautiful the flowers were!

I am so grateful I got to work with both these woman and I would highly recommend any friends who are getting married to meet with them! :)
    Courtney Married on 12/03/2016
    Wildflowers were so helpful and very easy to work with. The flowers were beautiful!
    Angie Married on 10/29/2016
    Sara with Wildflowers went out of her way to make my daughter's wedding day beautiful. Working with Wildflowers was a wonderful experience! Sara listened to what my daughter's vision was for her October, vineyard wedding and created the perfect bouquets and floral arrangements while staying in our budget. I highly recommend Wildflowers!
  • User2625447 2+ years ago
    Wildflowers has been the florist for all three of my daughter's weddings and thanks to Jane's artistry, each was more beautiful than the last! The beautiful bridal and bridesmaids bouquets, the stunning centerpieces and the absolutely gorgeous details Jane planned were amazing. Wildflowers has the most incredible flowers and Jane creates the most breathtaking arrangements! Without a doubt, Wildflowers made all three of my daughter's weddings a dream come true!
    Caitlin Married on 04/16/2016
    Wildflowers is great! Jane was amazing to work with! She was very helpful in ideas and very easy to switch up ideas. Works great with your budget! Everything looked amazing. Thanks Wildflowers!

Wildflowers's reply:

Thank you so much Caitlin. It was a pleasure working with you. Congratulations!
    N Married on 10/06/2012
    There are many different ways to approach flowers at a wedding and mine is that they are one of the most important aspects of the event. I love flowers! I also love unusual flowers and nontraditional arrangements, especially for a wedding! I challenged Wildflowers to make my arrangements with the Chinese Lantern flower called Physalis alkekengi. I worked with a fantastic floral designer, Tim Moore, and he got my ideas and aesthetic approach to the event from the beginning! He did an amazing job of working through the ideas and focusing me on what I really wanted. And he did a fantastic job! Everyone at the event was amazed at the flowers and how he worked with the linens, room, and even the cake. He addressed a few last minute issues with style and grace that only a professional does! Wildflowers has a very high aesthetic quality in all they produce for each event and it is this special touch that pushes your event to its highest level. I would whole heartedly recommend Wildflowers for any event you may have. They are fantastic!!!!
    Diane Married on 09/24/2011
    Exquisite!!! Stunning!!! Beautiful!!! We could not have been more thrilled with our arrangements.. Wildflowers designed and created an elegant mood, for the entire wedding day celebration, with gorgeous florals. Jane at Wildflowers meet with us patiently, four times. (Which isn't easy when the bride(my daughter)changed her mind every time we met.) Needless to say, flexibility, professionalism and KINDNESS is an important part of Wildflowers character. Wildflowers is, by far, the most artistic and creative floral designer in St.Louis. Everyone LOVED the flowers!!!!! Our thanks and gratitude to Jane and everyone at Wildflowers.
    Andrew Married on 08/19/2007
    Did a great job working with us to figure out which flowers would be the best for our wedding. Thank you!
    A Married on 08/19/2007
    Their flower and decor were absolutely beautiful and added the right touch to my ceremony!
    John Married on 08/31/2014
    Jane from Wildflowers came highly recommended by our venue coordinator. We chose not to decorate with flowers (we used paper flowers and candles as a money saver), but at the request of my mother, I had real flower bouquets for myself and my three bridesmaids. I contacted Jane about a month out from the wedding, which was not much lead up time, and (unlike a few other vendors who I was late in contacting) she was enthusiastic and eager to help out despite the short notice. The bouquets turned out beautiful, and I was very happy with how responsive Jane and her team were. She confirmed the arrangements with me well ahead of time, did not go over the budget we had agreed on, and she worked with friends of mine to coordinate the hand off so that I would not be bothered while getting ready and the flowers would remain as fresh and lively as possible. Jane has a great eye for flowers, and I highly recommend her.
    Kathy Married on 08/25/2012
    Wildflowers did an outstanding job with the flowers for my daughter's wedding. Jane was so creative and came up with ideas that none of the other florists we spoke with did and the results were spectacular and unique. She really listened to what my daughter wanted. They were so easy to work with with excellent communication. We made numerous changes along the way and they were always willing to accommodate. I can't say enough for their service the day of. The staff was prompt, courteous and totally professional. We couldn't have been more pleased. I would highly recommend Wildflowers to anyone.
    Laura Married on 04/01/2000
    Absolutely gorgeous flowers. They did all of the flowers for bridal party, 2 large displays on the alter, 5 centerpieces per table. They all looked wonderful together and the guests loved getting to take flowers and vase home with them.
    Amy Married on 09/20/2008
    Flowers were beautiful and the service was great. The center peices turned out really nice and all the bouquets were gorgeous. They really took the time to listen to what I wanted and totally delivered!
    Katie Married on 10/06/2007
    Jane at Wildflowers worked with me on my wedding flowers at least four times. I couldn't make up my mind, and so she made me at least three to four different estimates. I didn't know how the flowers would look exactly, I just couldn't imagine it myself. Jane, however, could. She is so artistic, and was able to create exactly what I wanted in my floral arrangments. I would recommend her to anyone wanting the most fresh and beautiful flowers for their special day.
    Ashley Married on 05/30/2009
    The one thing I will say is that the flower arrangements that we had were absolutely beautiful for our wedding. Jane had such an eye for seeing the naturalness and beauty in an outdoor setting and was able to completely convey that in our arrangements, bouquets and centerpieces. We had a large amount of flowers that were to be done that day.

The cons that I have about Wildflowers is their disorganization (as appeared to myself and my mom). We were to have petals down the aisle and someone failed to put the petals down the aisle, along with forgetting to put arrangements on the parlor tables as we requested and was stated in our contract. Along with these two mistakes, we had 3 large centerpieces that were empty cubes sitting in a room filled 1/2 way with water...but no flowers. Also, we requested certain flowers to be included in a buffet arrangement and all flowers were not included.

Again, her arrangements are gorgeous and she does quality work, but the organization as far as accomodating the customer were not there. We were even told that since we didn't use the petals down the aisle she told her workers to put them in a basket and give them to guests to throw as we came back down the aisle... we had bubbles for this purpose and didn't even request the flower petals to be used in this manner! I can only suspect that they were trying to charge us somehow for the rose petals even though they weren't used...

Overall, I'm unsure if I'd use them again. Arrangements were beautiful and breathtaking but not even telling us that they "ran out of flowers" for our centerpieces left a lot to be desired. We found out about this when we walked into the room. At least someone could have told us!

By the way, she had 2 weddings on Friday and 2 weddings on Saturday (mine and another). Maybe get a vendor who will focus solely on your wedding...this is so important as they will tend to pay more attention to the details.

Good luck, my fellow brides :)

Wildflowers's reply:

We at wildflowers were aware of the rose petal issue however, nothing beyond this was expressed to us.

The bride was upstairs the entire time in the bridal room ans was apparently unaware of our keen organization and that a staff of five (5) people were present to set the ceremony inside for her because of the rain, then move it all outside dispite weather forecasts because her father insisted, and then we moved it to another location outside so she wouldn't be standing in a water puddle. Clearly she was unaware of these events, and in no position to judge our abilities regarding this.

Unfortunately in the midst of all of this the petals were not put on the aisle, but were offered to the bride to be thrown by the guests so they would not go to waste. Wildflowers was prepared with willow gathering baskets so the petals could be used this way indoors due to the rain. The bride did not want them and was not charged for the petals or the baskets.

The parlor arrangements were used according to original plan due to changes by the venue.

The table count we were given was inaccurate, and two additional centerpieces were actually needed the day of the wedding. Wildflowers was prepared with extra glassware and flowers, so were were able to complete all of the dinner tables. The bride appears to be unaware of this also.

The empty cube vases with water were no lacking flowers, but placed on the head table to hold the wedding party bouquets. This is a common practice; the bride was informed of the plan and it was also clearly stated under the head table description in the contract.

The requested flowers in the buffet arrangements were unavailable and, as is the practice with all florists, Wildflowers replaced those flowers with flowers of equal or greater value.

All florists book multiple events on the same day, especially when they are rather small affairs, as this wedding was. Once everything, ceremony and dinner, was finally set to go, two very capable members of our staff remained to see the bride down the aisle, while the others went on to service another event. Expecting a florist to book just one small wedding on a Saturday and nothing more is just unrealistic from a business perspective.

Though we regret that this bride was not entirely happy with the service provided by Wildflowers, we feel our level of service was excellent, especially given the disorganization we were presented with when we arrived at the begining of the day. We deeply regret that this bride didn't show us the courtesy of contacting Wildflowers with her concerns, which appear to be many, but instead chose to address these issues in this forum on the internet.