Wilder Mansion Reviews

94 Reviews for Wilder Mansion

• Mark-Caitlin

Mark-Caitlin Schmalzer-Shiga · Getting married on 07/09/2021

25 personal wedding ceremony

Meagan and her team did an outstanding job for our wedding ceremony on 9/19. We had a small 25 person event and they executed our vision wonderfully. They were able to accommodate our outdoor ceremony and the formal gardens were beautiful and well maintained.

Sent on 09/27/2020

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks Mark and Caitlin! You two had the most beautiful September day. Thank you for choosing us to host your wedding ceremony.
  • Dianna

Dianna Rehn · Getting married on 02/10/2021

The best wedding venue!

I am so pleased my husband and I had our wedding reception at the Wilder Mansion. Meagan helped us with all of the pre-planning, and she was friendly and engaging. She helped us make sure we had all the details in order before the wedding. On the day of the wedding we had Peg and Dani helping make sure everything ran smoothly, and they both did a great job helping to ensure everything went off as planned. The mansion is beautiful with so much natural decor that we didn't need to do any extreme decorating. I also think the Bride's room is the biggest perk, as my bridesmaids and I definitely used the room throughout the night.

Sent on 11/24/2019

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks for the great review Dianna! It was a pleasure working with you. Have a great holiday season!

Rebecca Arguelles · Married on 09/26/2020

Elegance in the Afternoon

Wilder Mansion has everything you need for a memorable event. From the amazing Wilder Garden, where we had our wedding ceremony to the beautiful Wilder Mansion itself. The staff was wonderful & took care of everything. The whole event was flawless. I highly recommend having your wedding at Wilder Mansion. It truly was elegance in the afternoon.

Sent on 10/01/2020

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thank you Becki for taking the time to write the review. It was a beautiful day, and I'm so thrilled we were able to work with you and Mary during this crazy time. Good luck in the future!

Margaret Kasprzyk · Married on 09/19/2020

Best Wedding Venue!

We had the very, very best wedding at Wilder Mansion Sept 2020. We fell in love with the garden, fountain and mansion. However, Meagan and all the staff at Wilder, is what truly made our wedding day so special. I would trust them to make any event go smoothly and exceed your dreams!!

Sent on 09/29/2020

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks for your kind words Maggie and Shiraz! It was wonderful working with you over the last few months and we wish you nothing but the best.
  • Carolyn

Carolyn Dienes · Married on 09/05/2020

COVID wedding

Meagan at Wilder mansion was fantastic with keeping us updated as things kept changing. She made things easy to figure out with lots of flexibility considering an entirely new situation. I look forward to visiting the mansion and garden often to remind me of what a wonderful day my wedding was.

Sent on 09/24/2020

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks Carolyn! We look forward to seeing you and Anthony around the grounds too. Wishing you the best.

Cortney Deyerler · Married on 08/15/2020

Wilder Mansion and Park were wonderful!

Meagan worked with me all through this pandemic to help make our special day the best that it can be! The venue was beautiful and just perfect for our wedding!! Thank you!

Sent on 08/21/2020

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks Cortney! It was a great day, and I'm so happy the rain held out. Glad we could still make the day happen! We wish you the best.
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 07/26/2020

Couldn't Be Happier with Wilder!

Meagan Dovidio and her staff at Wilder Mansion are some of the best around Chicago. This venue had everything we were looking for-beautiful outdoor ceremony space, eloquent indoor reception space, and centrally located. They work extremely well with several vendors throughout Chicagoland and we were so happy to hear how much vendors raved about the team at Wilder; it made the planning process a breeze! The grounds were exceptionally maintained and the venue itself is pristine-minimal decorations needed. Despite having to change our date in light of COVID, and move forward with a smaller wedding with additional precautions, Meagan ensured that our day would be everything we wanted. We can't say enough good things about Wilder and with how stressful 2020 has become, we were thankful to have worked with Meagan through it all.

Sent on 08/18/2020

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks for the great review Laura! So happy to help you and Adam on your special day. We wish you the best!

Casey O'connell · Married on 07/10/2020

Best experience!

The mansion is a beautiful place for any event and the staff is second to none. I highly recommend this to any couple!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks Casey! It was great working with you and Jerzy for your wedding. Enjoy the upcoming holiday season!

Alicia Stewart · Married on 03/14/2020

Excellent Service

Due to the pandemic, plans had to be changed several times. Meagan from Wilder Mansion was extremely helpful! Everything was in order and my ceremony was beautiful!

Sent on 08/21/2020

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks Alicia! Although we weren't able to host the full event, it was wonderful to host your ceremony. I wish you and Charles the very best!

Nick Barberini · Married on 01/12/2020

A refreshing pleasure to work with

We had our corporate party with over 150 guests at Wilder. They did an excellent job directing us, giving orders (without really making them seem like orders), orchestrating planning with vendors, and assisting with set up of some of the previously agreed upon points. They helped put it all back at the end of the night. Meagan is a treasure and Elmhurst is lucky to have Peg. What a wonderful team. I would highly highly recommend. You helped make something stressful much more palatable.

Sent on 12/17/2019

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks for the great review! We loved hosting your event and hope to work with you again in the future!
  • Julia

Julia Wiatr · Married on 09/20/2019

The BEST Venue!!

Wilder Mansion was our perfect dream venue. Honestly, from start to finish, the staff and everyone you communicate is so wonder and works so hard to put your mind at ease. I can’t tell you the number of times I emailed the rental coordinator a novel full of questions big and small, and she always wrote back same day (or very quickly the next day) with sweet answers to everything. I never once felt that I was annoying anyone there.

The venue itself is stunning – you can’t tape anything to the walls or use confetti or anything like that, but why would you want to when the mansion has such beauty and charm on its own? (Plus, hey, less money!). I’ll admit, I was a little unsure about the two floor layout (main floor for cocktails and the reception, top floor for dinner), and even stressed about it leading up to the wedding (including stressing about having 2 tables set in a smaller adjoining room separate from the main room)…. But I absolutely didn’t need to. The whole event flowed PERFECTLY, and the tables really aren’t that separate at all. We only had around 66 people total at our wedding and the mansion definitely felt like it was the perfect size for us (which I was also concerned about since it holds many, many more people than that!). Trust the space and the venue, it really does end up showing off for you and your guests.
    All in all, this venue and its staff are the best. I had slight doubts but they were totally unfounded, and everyone said that our wedding was among the most beautiful we’ve seen… and all credit for that honestly goes to the Wilder staff and our caterers, because we certainly didn’t do anything to dress up the place. 😊

Also bonus, you get 2 on-site coordinators for the day of that will help you set things up (placecards, table numbers, card boxes, etc). They even helped me with my greenery table décor when the florist had to come by before the caterers!

Thank you, Wilder, for hosting our wedding, helping everything flow so perfectly and for helping me have the best day of my life.

Brides, if you’re on the fence, just do it. Trust me.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks Julia! This is such a thoughtful review- thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We really appreciate your kind words and we wish you and Tyler well!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 08/10/2019

Highly Recommend

Between the staff and the beauty of the Wilder Mansion, we could not have asked for a more perfect place to have our wedding. The mansion is so well maintained and the staff clearly love what they do. We would highly recommend the Wilder Mansion to anyone looking to have an elegant wedding.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks Rebecca! Your wedding was BEAUTIFUL and we were so lucky to host your special day. We wish you and Bo the best!

RJ · Married on 06/29/2019

An amazing experience start to finish!

Our wedding at Wilder (6/15/19) was such an amazing experience! Throughout the planning process, the staff was incredibly responsive, helpful, and flexible -- we asked A LOT of questions about details both major and minor, and we always received quick, clear answers. Wilder is a remarkable value -- affordable base costs and endlessly customizable and upgradable depending on your budget. Their were no hidden fees or surprises, and the staff was always transparent about charges. The venue is gorgeous, so if you decide to pass on lighting and draping or save money on florals, the space really speaks for itself -- both the mansion and the garden are gorgeous, even unadorned.

Another issue for us was that the overwhelming majority of our wedding guests were coming from out of town -- Elmhurst is easily accessible from O'Hare and there are a several affordable hotels in the area that offer shuttles.

As a reception venue, the mansion is unconventional, but so many of guests still rave about how unique and memorable of an experience our wedding was. The reception unfolds over two floors, so there's lots of movement throughout the evening, which we found to be exciting. Be sure to plan accordingly when making your itinerary for the day though, as it takes a lot of time to move guests from floor to floor. We also had loads of questions for the staff about the logistics of the day itself, but they have a ton of experience with their unique layout, so just be vocal about your concerns and they'll have a plan to address it.

On the day itself, we had a 150 guests and the space felt cozy, but not crowded, especially the dancefloor. We had a rowdy gaggle of guests who danced the whole night and the room for dancing, though it appears small, was a perfect size for the party.

Our other big concern with the venue was the outdoor / indoor space for the ceremony. It rained on our wedding day and we were really worried about having to move everything inside at the last moment, but ultimately decided to risk the rain. Even though it rained periodically throughout the afternoon, Peg, Meagan, and Heather were absolute champs, helping us with umbrellas and moving people/flowers/equipment/decorations to stay out of the rain. We really can't overstate how helpful they were the day of -- we were doing a lot of the planning ourselves, so it was such a relief to be able to count on them for their assistance. If you're concerned about the outdoor ceremony venue and rain, don't be -- the indoor space, while beautiful for the reception, was a nonstarter for us in terms of moving the ceremony indoors, and we're so glad we decided to stay outside. As a bonus, the summer greens of the venue *really* pop after the rain, so we got some amazing pictures as a consolation for getting a little wet.

In sum, we can't recommend Wilder highly enough!

Sent on 01/08/2020

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Joanna and RJ- thank you so much the great review! We loved hosting your wedding, and please be sure to come back and visit us soon.
  • George

Natalie · Married on 06/14/2019

Could not have asked for better

We love the Wilder Mansion!

My husband and I knew the Wilder Mansion was right for us. We had a Harry Potter themed wedding, and the aesthetic of the mansion fit the theme perfectly.

Meghan and Heather were wonderful to work with. Both ladies were rooting for our vision to be fulfilled; Heather even wore a Harry Potter outfit during the wedding! We got to have the entire mansion to ourselves, which was something we both wanted in a venue.

The Wilder Mansion staff were amazing at decorating to make our vision come to life. They were determined to make us happy! They listened to what we wanted, took notes, and we could tell they were listening to what we wanted. We also will get our own engraved brick in the park to represent our wedding day. Super cool!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks Natalie! Your wedding was SO FUN! Heather and Bella are huge Harry Potter fans, so they were thrilled to find out your theme. Please come back and visit us soon!

Rachel · Married on 10/28/2018

Wonderful Communication

The team at Wilder are top tier professionals who were able to anticipate and offer guidance throughout the planning process. I planned my wedding in less than 3 months and they were very accommodating throughout. I would 10/10 recommend.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing venue and staff!

I cannot say enough great things about this venue and the staff. We had our wedding in the garden and reception in the mansion in October and had a wonderful experience. The team was so responsive with my many emails and ideas, and the day of everything went perfectly! The staff made everything effortless for us and really helped bring everything to life. A huge thank you to Meagan, Peg, and Lisa!!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thank you Jennifer! You and Dennis are such a cute couple. Please stop in the next time you're around- we'd love to see you!
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/19/2018

The BEST Team!

We cannot thank the staff from the Elmhurst Park District and Wilder Mansion enough - they were a true dream team! From the second we had our first tour, all the way through our wedding day, the entire Wilder Mansion team was flexible, responsive, easy to talk to, and incredibly kind. We used the mansion instead of the garden. Our plan was to use the house to get ready and then have our photos and ceremony outside. Well...the weather didn't like that idea. We ended up having to move our ceremony inside. somehow they managed to fit 100 chairs and all of our friends and family into the room, and it was BEAUTIFUL. A special thank you to Peg, Heather and Meagan - all of whom were an important piece to our day. We cannot WAIT to share our photos so everyone else can see how beautiful our day ended up!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks for the wonderful words Melissa! I'm so happy to hear the day was enjoyable. We wish you all the best!

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

Beautiful and easy

So pretty, required no decoration and was gorgeous. Staff was great, helpful and most importantly they were organized. Kept the bride and groom calm and did what needed to be done!

Sent on 03/16/2019

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thank you Katie! We loved hosting your wedding- churro cart and all! I hope you and Julian are doing well.

Hannah · Married on 06/24/2018

The staff at Wilder were amazing to work with! They made sure that everything was ready for our special day. The venue itself is GORGEOUS! My guests were blown away at how beautiful it was.

Sent on 07/11/2018

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks for the great review Hannah, and thank you for sharing the photos. You had a beautiful wedding, and we're so happy you chose Wilder Mansion!

Emily · Married on 06/16/2018

This venue went above and beyond to help things run smoothly. The staff was great, helping us move lots of decorations into their storage room, setting everything up perfectly for us, and taking it all down and packing it so we could pick it up the next day. I was so surprised that they were willing to clean up for us! What a life saver to find that out the day before the wedding! They coordinated everything during our reception which really helped when we didn't have a wedding coordinator, even when the schedule got a bit messed up.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Wilder Mansion's reply:

So happy to hear you enjoyed your experience Emily! We wish you all the best in the future!
  • U

Ugo · Married on 05/27/2018

We had our wedding on memorial day weekend, it was a very warm day but despite the heat we had the most wonderful experience. I was worried about having the ceremony in a public park but it turned out to be a such a private and intimate ceremony. Meaghan was such pleasure to work with, she always answered my emails quickly and offered me tons of advice regarding the ceremony timeline. I also would like to extend my thanks to Kristen and Bella who help coordinate things the day of the actual wedding. Just in case folks were wondering wilder park is LGBTQ friendly and we very much appreciated being treated like any other couple. Thank you Wilder Park Staff.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks for the positive words Ugo! The weather was crazy hot, but I'm so glad you had a great experience. We wish you nothing but the best!

Erica · Married on 05/25/2018

The Wilder Mansion was PERFECT for our wedding! Not only was it gorgeous (our guests raved about it) but the staff was so friendly and went above and beyond to make sure the day was perfect! If you are looking for the best place to have a wedding or special event, then look no further because you have found it !!

Sent on 06/09/2018

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Thanks Erica! You had such a lovely wedding. So happy we were able to host your big day!

Corinne · Married on 03/17/2018

Lucky to have found this gem!

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at Wilder on St. Patrick’s day of last year. The venue was just perfect for the “Gatsby party” vibe we wanted and the staff were incredible! The day presented a few hiccups before arriving, so I was on my own to get ready, but the girls at Wilder took over and I didn’t have to worry about a single detail. They were amazingly kind, welcoming to all the guests, and somehow always right there when I needed something. Couldn’t have asked for a more wonderful experience!

Sent on 02/03/2019

Sophia · Married on 12/29/2017

We had an amazing experience having our morning wedding at Wilder Mansion. Heather, the event coordinator, was amazing and took care of every detail. The day went so well because of the staff at Wilder!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Anna · Married on 11/26/2017

Wilder Mansion came as a complete surprise to us! We understood it was available for events/parties, but had no true experience with skilled professionals engaging in thoughtful, interested, success in a big party and reception in a Park District venue! Our whole experience was peppered with great people...Meagan, Heather, Lisa...each provided the security required to simply permit us to let go and know that our reception and party would be absolutely fabulous. We had 200 people join us, and, as the head count grew, this planning team simply expanded with ideas and follow up! We would be very happy to serve as references in any social media and/or promotion for the Mansion, as it is a beautiful and elegant building managed by unusually strong professionals very well. With gratitude for all of you! Will forward photos as we receive them formally. Anna and Patti

Sent on 12/03/2017

Wilder Mansion's reply:

Anna and Patti- thanks for your wonderful review. Our entire team loved working with you, and we truly look forward to seeing the photos come through!