64 Reviews for Wilder Mansion

Covered Outdoor (5)
Event Planning (4)
Indoor (3)
63 Wilder Mansion Reviews

We had an amazing experience having our morning wedding at Wilder Mansion. Heather, the event coordinator, was amazing and took care of every detail. The day went so well because of the staff at Wilder!

Profile Picture Sophia, 12/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wilder Mansion came as a complete surprise to us! We understood it was available for events/parties, but had no true experience with skilled professionals engaging in thoughtful, interested, success in a big party and reception in a Park District venue! Our whole experience was peppered with great people...Meagan, Heather, Lisa...each provided the security required to simply permit us to let go and know that our reception and party would be absolutely fabulous. We had 200 people join us, and, as the head count grew, this planning team simply expanded with ideas and follow up! We would be very happy to serve as references in any social media and/or promotion for the Mansion, as it is a beautiful and elegant building managed by unusually strong professionals very well. With gratitude for all of you! Will forward photos as we receive them formally. Anna and Patti

Profile Picture Anna, 11/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music

We had a very small and private ceremony and it was the perfect space. Meagan and Heather were incredible and made my day a perfect one. Everything ran smooth and I didn’t have one ounce of stress!

Profile Picture Taylor, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our wedding here on 10/27/17. I was looking for somewhere interesting to have my wedding that wasn't like the same old reception halls, but also that wouldn't break our budget. Wilder was perfect for both aspects! We had the ceremony and reception there. The staff was incredibly helpful from the beginning to end of the process. I was so happy with the way everything turned out!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wilder Mansion was a wonderful venue! The staff were incredibly helpful and made sure everything ran smoothly. We didn't have to worry about anything the day of and they answered all of our questions promptly and thoroughly along the way.

Profile Picture Allie, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everyone here is so helpful, it really made my journey so special. Staff is really helpful and friendly, I highly recommend it and the price is very very reasonable! I am in love with this mansion, cannot wait to b back for a different sort of occasion :)

Profile Picture AnaKarina, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Meagan and Heather at the Wilder Mansion are the best!! The venue is beautiful and they (plus the rest of the staff) were so helpful throughout the entire planning process and the day of the wedding. I highly recommend this place and am so happy we picked it for our reception. We received several compliments about how nice and classy everything was and there are a ton of good places to take pictures. Thanks for making it such a special day :)
Nicole

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you want an intimate, Chicago suburban setting that's easy to get to, elegant and sophisticated, and not your run-of-the-mill banquet hall but has a level of history and beauty, you won't go wrong choosing Wilder Mansion as your venue. The bonus, you get to work with a really top-notch professional, caring staff that want the best for you and your day!

Profile Picture Norma , 7/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an amazing time/experience at the Wilder Mansion celebrating our reception party. We had a blast and were very sad that it ended. Meagan and Heather were an extreme pleasure to work with. They were very helpful and very creative when giving suggestions and ideas. We would totally recommend The Wilder Mansion to anyone who'd like to coordinate an event.

Thank you again!

Warm regards,

Derik & Blanca Hines

Profile Picture Blanca, 7/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an awesome experience planning our wedding ceremony at Wilder Park. Meagan was very responsive to all of my emails anytime I had questions and Kristin, our wedding day coordinator, was wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend Wilder Park to any brides who would like to have an outdoor ceremony.

Profile Picture Lorena, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Everything about our day was absolutely perfect. A lot of that has to do with Meagan and her terrific staff. Meagan was friendly, understanding and so easy to talk to. We will recommend The Mansion and Park District to all of our friends and family because of her. Thank you!

Profile Picture Tim, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Loved having our ceremony and reception here for 170 people. Venue staff were outstanding top-to-bottom and went out of their way to make sure everything went off without a hitch including tracking down wedding party members, helping with setup and tear-down and being available for meetings at our convenience.

Pros:
• Beautiful inside and out - if it's not garden season you can still get some great photos in the conservatory next door
• Venue staff really is tremendous and go the extra mile to help out
• Convenient location right next to downtown Elmhurst
• Allowed our dog to participate in photos and ceremony (no dogs allowed during food serving, obviously!)
• More affordable than we expected it to be

Considerations:
• No single, large room. For bigger weddings your meal will take place in different rooms which may not be to everyone's taste and an indoor ceremony will have people standing if guest count exceeds 100. Neither of these issues detracted from our party, though.
• Like most venues you're limited to a preferred caterer list unless you pay an extra fee and deal with the extra legwork to get them signed off with the venue, but the preferred caterers do know how to best optimize for the venue's configuration

Profile Picture Logan, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely fell in love with this venue. It was such a beautiful space! We wanted a homey feel to our wedding and using Wilder Mansion definitely gave us that. It was so personal and intimate. The staff was amazing and so helpful. They were very hands on and communicated really well with us. I am so happy that we decided to have our special day here because it exceeded everything we wanted and more! We also really loved the green house at the mansion. We took some pictures there because we had a very cold wedding and those pictures came out great! If you are considering this venue, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture User7553940, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Beautiful location. Perfect photo opportunities.

Profile Picture Oliver, 11/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I got married at the Wilder Mansion in October 2016! We had the best time and are so happy we selected the Wilder Mansion as our venue. From our initial visit we knew that the Wilder Mansion was going to be our wedding venue- it had everything we wanted (which was an outdoor garden area for the ceremony with a great reception space) plus they had amazing women working at the Mansion! Words cannot describe the kindness and passion that the women of the Wilder Mansion have. They also have great recommended vendors for the area- DJ Jim Mast, Marco from Cafe Amano, Karen from Blossoms and Branches, the DoubleTree hotel in Oakbrook to name a few. Our wedding had about 160 guests and the space was perfect- the flow of the Mansion is non-traditional (due to the upstairs and downstairs as well as the dinner being served in many rooms) but it worked!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience at Wilder Mansion was nothing less than extraordinary! The venue is stunning all on its own; we had some flowers and table linens, but didn't bring in any other decor-the mansion doesn't need it! Our coordinator was amazing and took care of every tiny detail. (Thanks Krysten!!!!) Plus, the mansion is much more afford than any other venue we looked at!

Profile Picture Kathrine, 9/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The staff at the Wilder Mansion are so helpful. They are welcoming and very positive which makes you even more excited about your event. They are very responsive and take the extra time to make sure you really see the site and answer your questions. This venue is so beautiful from the Mansion to the Gardens. It's truly a hidden treasure. Heather is amazing!

Profile Picture User4857831, 1+ year ago, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Covered Outdoor, Indoor

Having our wedding ceremony and reception at Wilder Mansion was the BEST decision we could have made for our wedding! This review space is not nearly big enough to tell you about how amazing they are. Our wedding was September 17, 2016. We wanted a simple, elegant wedding, and wanted everything in one place to make it easier for us and our guests. Our ceremony was in the formal garden, which was paved and covered so easy to walk to, but also secluded with foliage and flowers - so amazing. The mansion itself just oozes character - and there's not a bad picture anywhere if you tried! They have a list of preferred caterers which made that hunt easier too, and a sound system we got to use so we didn't have to hire a DJ. The staff though are what made our wedding so amazing!! From start to finish they handled so much for us that we were able to coast through on our big day. Meagan and Heather, who we worked with the most, are such amazing people. They are patient and friendly, and were quick to respond to my (somewhat massive) emails filled with questions. The Wilder team did so much for us on our big day, including setting up and taking down decorations, helping our guests get around, helping us with the sound system, packing up our car at the end, and even following up with our florist when she was late with our flower delivery. But they didn't stop there - when they found out the florist's car broke down and wouldn't make it in time for the ceremony, the Wilder team not only drove out to meet the van and rescue our flowers, but they also wanted to make sure I had a bouquet to carry, so they chopped up one of the mansion's floral arrangements and MADE me a bouquet to carry! Your wedding day will be amazing and a dream on its own, but the team at Wilder Mansion truly and honestly made our day SO MUCH MORE SPECIAL. Thank you and love to Meagan, Heather, and all the people at Wilder!

Profile Picture Drew, 8/21/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor

Booking the Wilder Mansion was a fantastic choice! We live oversees and were only back in the US for a week prior to our wedding, but working with Heather at the mansion made everything run smoothly and stress free. The vendors she recommended were all great, and she and all the staff at the mansion were terrific the day of the wedding. We had both the ceremony and reception there and the mansion was beautiful and perfect for our smaller sized wedding.

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/14/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Indoor

Amazing venue! Every single guest comments on how much they loved the mansion and the grounds. Meagan, Danielle and staff were amazing!!! We had a great time, the mansion was beautiful. This is the PERFECT place to have a wedding and we could not have been happier!!

Profile Picture Becky, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Event Planning

Beautiful venue and wonderful staff!

Profile Picture Jess, 9/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was so easy to deal with the staff. My ceremony was in the Formal Garden, the pictures came out amazing. The staff made the rehearsal run so smooth, they coordinated how we would walk down the aisle and spoke with the officant to make sure we were all on the same page. On The Day Of They Made Sure everything went off without a hitch, even when we had to push the ceremony back by 30 minutes.

Profile Picture User5216107, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I knew that Wilder Mansion would be a perfect fit as soon as we met Meagan. I was looking for a place with character and, above all, great people with whom to work with, and I was not disappointed during the entire process. Apart from being a lovely setting with its own park and greenhouse, the Mansion has a small but helpful staff and, as a bride abroad, it was helpful to be in constant contact with them through various media. What's more, they were flexible in the few times I was in town for planning and had just about everything we needed as far as rentals, even going as far to recommend caterers, hotels and tips for saving a bit of money.

The actual wedding went off without a hitch, despite having Meagan on maternity leave. She left me in the hands of Heather and Katie, who did an incredible job pulling everything together for me. The reception flew by without any issues (unless you count running out of vodka before dinner even started!). I would definitely recommend the Mansion for events!

Profile Picture Cat, 8/8/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When I saw this venue, I knew it was the perfect place for our wedding! Since we were holding the ceremony at the same place as the reception, I wanted someplace special and beautiful and the Wilder Mansion did not disappoint. Our guests raved about the Mansion, saying it was one of the most amazing places they have ever seen.

The Wilder coordinators, Meagan and Heather were so helpful. Their service went above and beyond my expectations. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding and they helped make that happen.

Profile Picture Tracy, 11/29/14, 6 Reviews