Wilde Scout Photo Co. Reviews

32 | Brooklyn, NY

32 Reviews for Wilde Scout Photo Co.

Wilde Scout Photo Co. 1
Wilde Scout Photo Co. 6
Wilde Scout Photo Co. 7
  • O

Olivia · Getting married on 03/29/2019

You want to click with the person you hire - you will be spending so much time with them! Well, my search was over once I spoke to Katherine. She is sweet, thoughtful, fun, witty, smart, and incredibly talented. So my pre-wedding day experience was a blast getting to know her and share the stories of how my now husband and I met and what makes us us. She made me and us feel special and like I've known her for a long time. On my wedding day, she was such a calming and powerful behind the scenes orchestrator. I don't know how she does it but she somehow directs everyone to do everything with ease and to my delight and surprise, without pushback or questioning from some family members...She makes friends with everyone and to be honest-- everyone wants to be friends with her more. I think everyone in my wedding party asked who she was, how I found her, and that they loved her(from her style to her charm to her witty remarks/banter). She managed to capture the most beautiful moments of the day(the big obvious ones to all the behind the scenes moments you share with your loved ones). One thing I think gets overlooked and I am so lucky and grateful to her for, is she had my husband and I take moments to ourselves throughout the day. I don't think we would have done that or done it as well without her. It made us appreciate what we were doing, love on each other more, live in the moment, and really breathe in what we were doing. It was magical. So many people don't get to do that because the day goes so fast! So after receiving her email including the video and photo album. My husband and I got wine, laughed, I definitely cried, and we went through the photos and video reminiscing the vibes and moments our day. She captures all the moments that made it special - and that's not an easy feat. Katherine Marchand is so damn good at her job. I adore her and forever will because of her personality AND helping me have one of the best and most memorable days of my life.

Wilde Scout Photo Co. 8

Lauren · Married on 09/08/2018

Literally THE. BEST. Cannot rave about Katherine and her team enough. She was referred via a friend and I think there are now just shy of 10 of us that have used her for our weddings. And she and her team kill it every time. Their photos are incredible... you don't have to worry about typical "wedding pictures" with them. But really it starts with the customer service. You feel comfortable right away simply from email communications. They are so organized... have amazing systems in place for tracking your info, invoices, need to details, everything. At the same time their communication style is like talking to a friend you already know and trust. Prior to getting married my husband and I didn't want to do the "engagement pics" but knowing it would be good practice we did and we are so thankful! Their photographs are art and I cant recommend the Wilde Scout team enough! Do yourself a favor and book them :)

Nancy · Married on 07/28/2018

Do yourself a favor and book Katherine & her Wilde Scout team now. We met Katherine when she was the photographer at our friend's wedding, and we were immediately impressed by a. how awesome she is as a person and b. how she totally blended in at the wedding and made it seem to effortless to capture the best moments. Once we saw only a handful of photos from that wedding, we knew we had to book her for ours. She's that good. During our wedding planning process, Katherine checked in with us regularly to see if there was anything she could do for us, and even helped me out when I was having some slight wedding dress cold feet (what photographer does that?!) Fast forward to our wedding day: Katherine and Kelsey killed it. The two of them were such a calming force when we were a bit behind schedule, and wrangled the bridal party and families like champs. They made us feel so comfortable (read: not awkward) when we were taking our couples shots, and my now-husband said he actually enjoyed that part instead of dreading photos like he normally does. A few days after our wedding, Katherine sent us our 'sneak peaks'.... and they are UNREAL. Seriously, she sent us 75 photos, and they're so good that if that were all we were getting, I'd still be thrilled. I can't even wait for the additional 600. Her photo style is unlike anything I've ever seen before, and all of her photos are so real and beautiful, and they don't look like the typical staged cookie cutter wedding photos that you usually see. She captured US, which I think is so hard to do in something that feels as unnatural as wedding photos sometimes feel. Reiterating my first point: do yourself a favor and book Katherine now. You will not regret it. Thank you Katherine and Kelsey.. you guys rock.

Eric Papa · Married on 07/06/2018

Simply the Best!!!

My wife (feels so great to say that!) and I can not say enough about Katherine and the Wilde Scout crew! Katherine made the entire experience so easy and fun. We love our photos so much and we absolutely adored having Katherine as a part of our forever story and cherish the fact that she will forevermore be a part of our lifelong memories. Hire these folks! Trust us, it will be the first great decision you make in your long married life together!

XoXo,
    Eric & Megan.

Mel · Married on 07/03/2018

Wedding pictures was a priority my husband and I knew we would be splurging on. We found Katherine on the knot shortly after we got engaged, (Super fun) emails were sent and received, met up with her at a small bar in Queens, shared beers, and booked her right away!
    Throughout the process, she was there to answer every little question or concern this bridezilla had. Our engagement shoot day came, we had forgotten about it- slapped on light make up, wrangled 2 frenchies and met her in Brooklyn all out of breath. The session was great, we did so much all over Dumbo with 2 outfit changes, and she gave great direction. Not going to lie, but I was dreading the photos for 2 weeks. Then I got an email, I don't know what sorcery Katherine possesses but I literally cried when I saw them. Until the wedding, Katherine followed up with me and helped me make a workable schedule for the big day, reviewed everything couple days before. On the wedding day, I was in full bride monster mode of course. Katherine was there with her soothing voice and direction for all the time and weather constraints we encountered. For family pictures I had a list of about 50 members for every combination under the sun. Of course people weren't cooperative, Katherine used her best teacher voice to get everyone in line and it made both my husband very happy. From the ceremony on to reception we don't remember much except going out side for sunset pictures and having her there for every little event through the wedding (including a magician and tossing pizza with our caterer).
    We got sneak peeks on our honeymoon a few days later, I was shook. They came out more beautiful then we could've imagined. Wedding pictures are so important because these will be your #tbt's, #mcm, #wcw, mother's day, national wedding day, and who knows what else will be made up by then but we are sure that we are more than well prepared for a lifetime of content and beautiful memories. This DIY bride loved wildescout!

Taylor · Married on 06/09/2018

Choosing WildeScout to photograph our summer wedding in Manhattan was one of the best (and easiest!) decisions we made throughout the planning process. After finding her on Instagram, we instantly fell in love with Katherine’s photography style – which is incredibly artistic and romantic, rather than staged and forced like some wedding photography can be. From our first meeting over coffee to a call to work through final details and concerns, Katherine made herself available via text and email for all the crazy questions that came up and put my mind at ease.

Katherine and Eryc showed up on our wedding day so prepared and together and made all the hard decisions for us so that we could enjoy the day. They found perfect lighting, shooting locations and posing that felt super natural. I was 5 months pregnant on my wedding day and - up until that day - it was a total confidence killer. Katherine and Eryc completely changed my mindset by taking stunning photos that totally shocked me. They gave me peeks at the picture throughout the process to assure me that they were turning out great and that I had nothing to worry about.

From our guests to our bridal party, parents and even other vendors, EVERYONE was talking about how much FUN they were! This is super important because – quite frankly – the day can be stressful and having that positive energy + photographers that feel like old friends makes it so much more enjoyable. Our photos turned out better than we even expected and we can’t wait to keep in touch after bonding through such an important day. We cannot recommend her enough.

Katie · Married on 06/08/2018

Simply put: Katherine is incredible. As a photographer she's beyond talented. As a wedding photographer, she's some sort of magical ninja. She was simultaneously everywhere (somehow capturing every important shot of the day from every angle, all on her own) and nowhere (somehow blending in with ease, even in my small 16 person family-only wedding).

I'm trying to design my wedding book now and I'm having the hardest time selecting my favorite photos. They are all so precious and exactly as I had hoped. Stop looking. Katherine and her team are the answer.

• Carrie

Carrie · Married on 06/01/2018

We spent long hours looking for a photographer, we really dislike cheesy/overly posed photographs and we have a keen interest in photography ourselves, so it was easy to disregard overly filtered, badly cropped portfolios as we were researching.

We were happy to see the cinematic, in-between moments captured from The Wilde Scout Photo Co website as well as clean, crisp photography. I got in touch with Katherine, and after she responded incredibly quickly, we were already impressed with her. We booked her right away!!

Closer to the wedding, as we don’t live in NY, we had a phone call with Katherine and met her before the day of the wedding, both were incredibly helpful prior to the big day, she filled us in on tips and tricks, we hadn’t even thought about until then.

Katherine not only brings her creative eye to the table (what we’re hiring her for obviously) but she is fun, assertive, kind and a pleasure to work with. You really need someone with all of the above qualities for successful photos (especially working with a lot of people, such as family portraits).

Our ceremony was on a balcony in Brooklyn and we were blown away by how many great photos and angles Katherine and Sam achieved within the small space. Our whole album is amazing, and our guests are in love with the photos as much as we are. We like, that they captured the whole mood of the day, and all the little details that in years to come, we may forget about - if it wasn’t for the photos.

It’s important to be able to hire a vendor you can trust and wedding photography is certainly an investment. You’ll have those photos forever! Katherine and Sam really listen to what you want and really go above and beyond. They certainly did for us. The Facebook support group and little perks along the journey really make Wilde Scout Photo Co a cut above the rest.

Denise Dione · Married on 05/26/2018

I was sitting in a Brooklyn loft with my husband and cousin in law talking to Katherine about our freezing dead of winter wedding in February. It’s at this point where we bonded and clicked which to me was super important as this is the person who is going to capture the best moments of your life. What was supposed to be a 40 minute meeting at most turned into 3 hours of conversation and wine. Initially, it was the tone of her voice on her website that captivated me to reach out to her. Honest, real, cool, down to earth. Meeting her was just proving the tone of her voice was true and that we could connect.

First, we had an amazing engagement shoot at the Bushwick Collective near our apartment, inside our living room, on our roof, and at a favorite neighborhood restaurant. She wanted to capture the essence of us - kinda hipster, kinda bougie foodie, and lots of love in between. She nailed it.

In between with emails, she would get back to me within hours, sometimes minutes. And when it came down to finalizing our contract, she was on our side. As we were concerned about inclement weather and getting screwed over. But she got me with, if I have to sleep next to you the night before to be there in the morning I will be. Sold.

Our wedding day, she was on the ball. Getting all the details of my dress. Family moments getting ready. Gorgeous pictures of the church. And best of all, capturing the fun and emotion of our reception. Katherine and Sam did a great job in capturing all the emotion during our most memorable moments and I couldn’t be happier. Thank you so much Wildescout.

Sorry for the late review, had to travel the world a bit! But all my love to you ladies.

Kirsty · Married on 05/26/2018

Wilde Scout Photo Co. captured our wedding day. Receiving photos from them is amazing because the photos feel the way the day felt. The portraits of ourselves and our loved ones are manifestations of who we are as people. Don't get me wrong, everything they document is beautiful, colorful, magical, but it's also precise. It tells our story. Their photos are like living and breathing things.

On top of that, the Wilde Scout team is a joy to be around. They're energetic, fun, highly professional and calming. When hiring vendors you always want to choose someone who is on your team, who feels like a super prepared best friend. They are this.

We can't recommend Wilde Scout enough. We LOVE them!

Emma · Married on 03/24/2018

We absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Wilde Scout Photography! My husband and I live in CT and Katherine was kind enough to meet us in New Haven for our first meeting to get to know her and ask any questions we had before booking. That alone meant so much to us. It was also clear after that meeting that her style and vibe meshed perfectly with ours. During the booking process she was quick to answer any emails we sent her way. On the day of our engagement photos my makeup artist was an hour late and it was raining, Katherine was so understanding of the situation and was quick to suggest indoor options of where to take our photos. She also gave us the option of moving the photos to a different date. We ended up taking the photos at the Whitney museum and we absolutely love our photos from that day! Despite it being hectic due to the makeup artist, she made us feel so relaxed that we forgot all about the worries earlier in the day. We felt completely confident in Katherine leading up to the wedding and her questionnaire made it easy for us to clearly state what photos would mean the most to us. On the day of the wedding, Katherine and Sam showed up right on time which put both my husband and I at ease. I started off my day with a boudoir shoot where both Katherine and Sam (who I met for the first time that day) made me feel SO comfortable. Definitely recommend as a way to get rid of wedding day jitters before the ceremony! Many of our guests commented on how they did an amazing job of not getting in the way of the ceremony but managed to get all the important shots. Katherine and Sam both had so many unique and fun ideas for our couples portraits and they captured all of the best moments at the reception (again, without being in anyone's way). I truly cannot recommend Wilde Scout enough. They were 100% the best decision we made for our wedding day and you will NOT regret booking them.

Jason · Married on 03/17/2018

Where do I begin... Katherine and Sam along with the rest of the Wilde Scout crew are simply AMAZING! My wife and I initially met Katherine at a local bar in Long Island City (where we currently live) to get an idea of what we were looking for, and the style of photography that Katherine and her team does. Meeting someone for the first time can always be a stressful situation, but Katherine was super chill, down to earth, and made us feel even more excited about our big day. I'd like to point out that we didn't even bother meeting with any other photographers, we were sold the moment we left the bar!

Fast forward to the day of our wedding. Katherine and Sam were super in contact with us prior and day of the event. Asking if we needed to go over anything with them, and setting up some of the photos we wanted to capture. The night was a huge success, and we now have great photos to remind us of that special day.

Anyone in the market for a photographer with a new and fun approach to wedding photos, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make Wilde Scout your first and only choice. I promise, it's something you won’t regret doing. Thanks again for an amazing experience!!

Guillermo · Married on 02/03/2018

Katherine and the Wilde Scout team are AMAZING. We found Katherine on The Knot and sent her a message. She responded quickly (which as we soon learned, she always does). We met up with Katherine shortly thereafter for drinks and to discuss what we were looking for in a photographer and what she had to offer and determined we were a perfect match. We booked her that same night I believe, without even bothering to meet with other photographers. We don’t regret our decision one bit! Our next encounter with Katherine was during our “engagement shoot.” We were engaged for almost two years at this point and felt weird about doing an engagement shoot but we are happy we did. We had such a great time shooting with Katherine and she made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. It was nothing but laughs and love. We couldn’t wait for our wedding day after we saw how our engagement shoot photographs turned out. Katherine made us look good! Wedding day photographs were very important for us as we decided not to have a videographer. We just got our wedding photographs back and they captured all of the emotions we felt the day of our wedding. We decided to ask our guests not to take photographs during our ceremony, a decision we made after Katherine posted about this on her Facebook support group for Wilde Scout couples (yes, she is there for her couples like that), and ended up with the most beautiful ceremony pictures ever. You only get great tips like this when you are working with someone who is experienced! Finally, Katherine has such an unmatched attention to detail and her passion shows not only in her work but in the way she interacts with her couples. Katherine – thank you so much for being a part of our day!

• foodmanandwife

Claire · Married on 01/20/2018

Katherine, Sam and the Wilde Scout team are simply the best. From the first time we sat down with Katherine at our favorite local bar to our engagment session roaming around Prospect Park to our wedding day in Gowanus we knew we were in good hands. Katherine captures real moments, big and small, between real people in the most natural and beautiful way. She makes everyone around her feel instantly at ease and sets you up for success so the photography is something you can enjoy and not waste time or energy worrying about throughout the day.
    Katherine and Sam are both genuine, kind, funny and truly extraordinary women who thankfully take equally as extraordinary photos!

Alexandra · Married on 12/31/2017

Truthfully, I could write an entire novel about how kick ass amazing Katherine and Sam and all of Wilde Scout are! When I read reviews I like to hear specific examples of WHY and HOW a vendor is incredible, so here is my brief run down from first meeting Katherine to wedding day + beyond. Katherine was recommended to me through a friend of a friend of a friend so I was not at all sure what to expect, so I immediately found Wilde Scout's website, read their meet us section and within minutes emailed her to set up an in person get together. My now husband and I met her at a bar around the corner from our apartment, ate nachos, drank, and chatted for roughly an hour about her aesthetic, how she came to be a wedding photographer and what we were looking for. I'm going to pause here for a moment to state Katherine is a photojournalist. Katherine is a genius when it comes to capturing raw, candid, moments between you and your loved ones. She will certainly do an outstanding job documenting the posed family photos that every mom out there must have, but she really shines behind the scenes, in the details, without you even knowing she's there. I refer to her and Sam as not only photographers, but ninjas of sorts, they're EVERYWHERE and when you get your photos back you just can't help but wonder how in the world they got that shot or KNEW to take that shot... ninjas. Following our first meeting our next in person encounter with Katherine was at our engagement shoot. Admittedly, we were both very opposed to engagement photos, we envisioned them being cheesy, forced and awkward, but WOAH were we wrong. She did an outstanding job of putting us at ease and we honestly had an absolute blast that day. Our wedding day with her and Sam was EFFORTLESS, FUN, and MEMORABLE, but by this point, we came to expect nothing short of magic from Wilde Scout. Thank you will never do it justice, but its all I've got + SO much love for this badass group of lady photographers/ninjas!

Carolyn · Married on 11/05/2017

Are you kidding me? I've never been more obsessed with photos - and I'm in them!? Katherine is not only the most talented photographer, who takes pictures you want to look at, frame, look at again, and frame more of, but she is also the sweetest, most patient, least invasive, fun, happy human ever. My husband and I are not the most natural behind the camera, but she found a way (quickly) to make us comfortable and capture us being us (and looking good). Can not thank you enough and can not yell your praises any louder! HIRE HER!

Phil · Married on 11/03/2017

Coming from the UK, we had absolutely no idea what to expect from a US Wedding Photographer - turns out you can expect ext the very best! Having discovered Katherine online and having stalked her galleries using Instagram, my wife (then fiancé) contacted Wilde Scoute about shooting our small City Hall Wedding in New York. A prompt funny-assed response from Katherine and we knew we’d found our photographer!
    Not only did she give us all sorts of advice on what to expect at City Hall, but she even helped us put the bouquet together on the day! What was the best day of our lives was made even better by Katherine’s great company, her chilled demeanour calmed us, and her ability to capture us just being us made everything flow.
    What’s more, we had over 300 superb photos from the day to share with our friends and family within two weeks of the ceremony - I have friends who have waited three months for their photographs!
    I honestly can’t recommend Katherine or Wilde Scoute enough. We started with a photographer and ended with a friend.

Alex · Married on 09/10/2017

Beyond choosing to marry the love of my life in the first place, hiring Katherine was the best wedding-related decision we made. She's that good. Her work is so personal and intimate, and she's there with you all the way, sharing her talent, her vision, and her exceptional dedication. She went above and beyond in every single scenario, and exceeded all of our (very high) expectations. In addition to being a phenomenally gifted photographer, she's an awesome human being, and we genuinely felt that we had the privilege of inviting an extra friend to share our day with us. Not to be left out, her second shooter, Savannah, was amazing as well. Together, they captured our wedding day perfectly. We couldn't recommend Katherine more highly.

Amy · Married on 08/26/2017

We had a fantastic experience working with Katherine for our wedding. From our first meeting, Katherine was friendly, professional, punctual and organized. We loved how well she was able to get to know us and then put us at ease in front of the camera. Katherine was the only other person there with us when we were getting ready, and her encouragement (and last-minute makeup and bow-tie checks) gave us a huge confidence boost. We also had a genuine blast doing both our engagement photos and our portraits before the ceremony.

Katherine delivered the photos right on schedule, and we loved how they turned out. Her work shows an excellent understanding of light, contrast and composition. She captured a great sampling of the individual moments and interactions that happened during the reception, many of which we missed when they first occurred. We really felt the emotion of our wedding day all over again looking at our photos.

We're not planning on having another wedding, but if we did we would hire Katherine again!

Lauren · Married on 08/19/2017

When we first saw the Wilde Scout Photo Co. website, Katherine was pretty new to the game. There weren't a lot of bigger weddings, and no pictures of everyone going crazy on a dance floor. The photos that were there--though--had this quality to them. The focus of the photo was an emotional moment, a look that people were giving, a glint in the eye. The intimacy of her style stopped me in my tracks. We got in touch, and she responded immediately. We had chemistry with her over Skype immediately, and she even made us have a photographable moment from a few hundred miles away. We are both a bit awkward so it was pretty impressive. We kept going through her photographs and being like, "well maybe she only takes pictures of beautiful people," which is a hypothesis I maintain, but I think she seems to take pictures of the joy.

From there, things only got better. Our engagement session was one of my best days of 2017, and our wedding was another (obviously my actual best day of 2017). Katherine has an amazing eye, and the photos speak for themselves. We also got an album, and let me tell you--not only was the layout process a breeze, but this album is an heirloom that we will love forever. I get teary-eyed every time I look through it. Katherine and Rachel (her second shooter for our wedding) were so fun to be around during our wedding day and it never felt like the paparazzi, despite them being weirdly present for everything that could happen. They captured our loved ones meeting each other, sweet moments with my Great Uncle, and everything in between. The portraits are also awesome, and I'm not really into portraits.

To say that working with her was a pleasure would be the understatement of the year. Katherine is a gem. She's casual, sharp, witty, warm, and deeply talented.

Wilde Scout Photo Co. 9
    Wilde Scout Photo Co. 14
    Wilde Scout Photo Co. 15
    Wilde Scout Photo Co. 16

Heather · Married on 07/21/2017

Katherine was the first photographer I looked in to for my wedding..and ended up being the last. I fell in love with her work, and how her pictures captured real moments between her clients, with an edge to them. Katherine was responsive and easy to work with from day one, and helped make me and my husband feel more comfortable in front of the camera. She also genuinely wants to get to know you as a couple, and my entire wedding day, I felt like I was hanging out with an old friend, not just a photographer. I've been in a lot of weddings, and I've never seen any other photographer put the time in to forming a relationship with the couple before the big day. The day of the wedding, Katherine was by our side, and got some really creative shots of us and our venue. Katherine's photos speak for themselves, and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Jim · Married on 07/07/2017

Katherine captured our wedding day even better than we could have hoped. Being an Australian couple eloping in New York, it was important to us to have a talented photographer to capture the day not only for us but for many friends and family that would not be attending. After carefully reviewing the work of various photographers in New York, we were consistently drawn to the photos that Katherine captures. Her work speaks for itself. From the first interaction she was incredibly helpful, friendly and professional. She went above and beyond on the day racing around our small party capturing the events of the day in a photojournalistic style, which is exactly what we wanted. Honestly, we couldn't be happier.

If you want a native New Yorker who has amazing talent with an incredibly professional and friendly manner to match then don't hesitate and lock in a day with Katherine.

Hallie · Married on 06/24/2017

Katherine is everything you are looking for in your wedding photographer. She is incredibly talented, has a gorgeous aesthetic, is thorough, kind & considerate and supremely dedicated to her couples. On top of all that, Katherine is such a blast to hang out with, which, it turns out, is REALLY important on your big day since you are with your photographer pretty much from start to finish. She made us feel so comfortable both in front of the camera and in between shots, playing our favorite music as we walked around during our first look session and making us laugh.

Katherine goes above and beyond. She stayed until 3AM to capture the afterparty, seemed to be in a million places at once, getting photos of each event from all angles. And she is always so, so, so easy to reach (response time pretty much within a half hour even at night!)

She captures not just the events of the day, not just the love in the room, but she captures the nature of your personal relationship. I could go on and on because we LOVE Katherine! Literally the best decision we made for the wedding! Do yourself a huge favor and hire her immediately.

Allison · Married on 06/16/2017

I couldn't be happier that we found Katherine to photograph our wedding! I loved her portfolio while looking for photographers, and when we met in person, she was awesome and I knew she'd be the right person to capture our wedding! I was totally right and working with her ended up being a fantastic decision. Not only is Katherine fun, down to earth and great at making people feel comfortable in front of the camera, but she was also very organized and always responsive. She rolled with the punches at the wedding and was flexible when we got off schedule. And we LOVE how our pictures turned out! Katherine's style of photographing weddings is less cliche "posed wedding pictures" and more about really capturing the many moments and the couples' love. Whenever we look at our wedding pics, we are transported back to the weekend, and we love them all! I've had several friends inquire about her after seeing our photos, and one has already booked her, which sort of speaks for itself. She is amazing, couldn't recommend her more!

John · Married on 06/10/2017

Katherine from Wilde Scout is simply the BEST!! We don't have enough words to describe how happy we are to have found her. We were introduced to her by another photographer and quickly fell in love with her work, her passion, and uncanny craft for authentic storytelling. She brought out the most beautiful moments of our big day together -- from a classic NYC taxi shot to stumbling upon an opera singer at Bethesda Terrace to the magical rooftop sunset at our venue -- and helped us capture loving memories we will cherish for a lifetime. She is always prepared, genuine, and a delight to work with. Thank you, Katherine!!