30 Reviews for Wild Eagle Lodge

Indoor (1)
In-House Bar (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
30 Wild Eagle Lodge Reviews

We got married at Wild Eagle Lodge. We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception there. Most of our guests also stayed at the resort. I cannot even begin to guess how many people told me what a wonderful resort it was. It is a beautiful setting, the condos are wonderful, and the staff goes above and beyond every time! We were faced with a lot (and I mean a lot) of rain. We had to change plans several times. The staff (especially Robin, the events coordinator) really went above and beyond time and time again. They helped us with back up plans and made sure everything went smoothly. They kept us calm and talked to our vendors so that we wouldn't get more stressed. Robin always had a smile and a hug for me which really helped in the moments where things were getting stressful. The lodge provided everything we and our guests needed throughout the weekend and during the planning process. Robin was always quick to respond and had answers for all of our questions. We definitely will be back!

Profile Picture Maureen, 6/16/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Event Planning, In-House Bar, Wireless Internet, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

Everything at Wild Eagle Lodge was perfect. The accommodations are fantastic. The venue is beautiful and the food is delicious. If you want a fun, relaxed and beautiful venue for your wedding, I would highly recommend Wild Eagle Lodge.

Profile Picture Pam, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Travel, Wedding Planning

Robin is absolutely incredible! We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding, and all of our guests stay at this lodge. Robin was so amazing and very attentive. She completely understands what it takes to plan a wedding and was more than I could ask for. I was actually planning my wedding from Texas and we communicated completely via email. She is quick to respond and has all the answers!

The lodge is absolutely gorgeous and the rooms were such a great deal! We were able to have our wedding during the off-season, which really saved some bucks. Everything was so great and just as I imagined it would be! Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Kristin, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Accommodations, Event Planning

The most amazing wedding venue location! Robin & Jean made it so easy to plan a destination wedding here! I highly recommend this venue! Staff was friendly & super accommodating!

Profile Picture Lauren , 10/14/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

The Wild Eagle was an amazing venue! It was absolutely beautiful and the facilities and accommodations were top notch. The team at Wild Eagle was so hopeful throughout the process including recommending and coordinating vendors. The entire weekend went off with out a hitch! Thank you Wild Eagle for making our wedding so enjoyable and perfect!

Profile Picture Brian, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I recently had our wedding at Wild Eagle Lodge. Everything was absolutely fantastic! The events coordinator, Robin Nikolaus, was such a delight to work with and made sure we had everything we needed to make our day unforgettable! I highly recommend both she and the venue!

Profile Picture Mandy, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We originally booked this venue for our wedding and worked with Robin, the wonderfully supportive and kind event manager, for a few months before having to cancel for personal reasons. We were thrilled with the supportive and professional staff that we worked with on room blocks, getting advice on local vendors, and following up re: next steps. They were also incredibly gracious and understanding when we needed to cancel our venue reservation. Although we did not end up having our event here, we had a wonderful experience working with the team and look forward to visiting in the future!

Profile Picture User7183873, Recently Married, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we first met with Robin at Wild Eagle Lodge we knew right away that was our venue for our wedding! Aside from the beautiful resort and water front property Robin was great to work with. She was extremely responsive throughout the planning of our wedding and provided great recommendations for all of our vendors! Our wedding was everything we hoped it would be thanks to Robin and all of her help and support. Our guests had a great time and many are planning to return to visit. We can't thank Robin enough for all of her help in planning our perfect wedding day!!! Jean at the Blue Herring at Wild Eagle Lodge was great to work with as well. We had an impromptu pizza dinner a few days before the wedding and an after wedding brunch that worked out perfectly. She was extremely responsive which made it easy to work out all the details! We will definitely be returning to Wild Eagle Lodge in the years to come!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Accommodations, Event Planning, Wireless Internet

Our wedding was everything we wanted! Thank you so much for helping us with everything and making our day come true! Everyone is still talking about how they are planning on going back for vacations, they all loved the resort. Thank you also to the Blue Heron for everything! Robin and Jean your awesome thank you!
We also went back that week for our Honeymoon and it was wonderful! We will be back a lot more :)

Profile Picture Crystal, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have asked for a better group of people to work with in planning our wedding! Being all the way from Chicago we didn't have the luxury of visiting our venue 3 times a week if we wanted haha but Robin, the wedding coordinator, was amazing! From the day we stepped into Wild Eagle for our tour to the day we said "I do" Robin was so helpful!!! Not only was she helpful but she was always soooo excited for us; she made me feel like she was part of my family, that's how happy she was. Our wedding was late October so we held our small reception (about 90 people) in the Blue Heron restaurant. Jean is the manager and she was so amazing! Our wedding was the night after her birthday and she shortened a plan vacation to be there managing our wedding. And I cannot say enough about the chef at the Blue Heron because the food was absolutely amazing...not just from me but my entire reception people kept telling me how awesome the food was!!! Thank you all so much for everything you did to make this the most memorable day ever! I highly recommend you check this place out...I guarantee the excitement in Robin's eyes when she meets you for the first time will sell you just like it sold me and my husband.

Profile Picture Bryann, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Robin, Jean and the staff at Wild Eagle Lodge were amazing! As soon as my fiance and I entered the driveway at Wild Eagle Lodge we felt this wave of calming energy and beauty. The property is extremely well cared for and meticulously groomed. The event coordinator Robin took time on her day off to sit down with my fiance and I to explain what services they offer and to give us a tour of the property. Right away you can tell that Robin is passionate about what she does and truly does it because she LOVES it! My fiance and I booked Wild Eagle Lodge the very day we saw it. There fall dates book up fast so this is not a venue to sit on- book it early! We chose to get married on the last weekend in September. The property has a beautiful shoreline and lush greenery. The trees were just starting to really pop on our wedding day so our pictures are stunning!
Robin kept me on track throughout the whole planning process. She reminded me of things I didn't even think of! She made sure I had all my T's crossed and I's dotted before our big day. Robin is truly one of the sweetest most genuine people you will ever meet.

Now, lets talk food and beverage. Jean, who manages the food and beverage side of Wild Eagle Lodge is also fantastic and sweet as pie!! We hosted our rehearsal dinner at Wild Eagle Lodge and had our wedding cupcakes made from their baker. Our rehearsal dinner was delicious! Jean really helped us to tailor our dinner experience to exactly what we wanted. The meal was fantastic and the staff was energetic and polite. I had originally planned to go with a different baker for our cupcakes trying to cut cost a little bit but I am so happy I changed my mind! Jean held a little cupcake tasting for me, my mother and future MIL. I was very impressed by the extensive list of flavors to choose from as well as the cupcake presentation. The cupcakes flew off the dessert table!

Profile Picture Abby, 9/24/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Accommodations, Liability Insurance, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Think first if you like planning and the fine details. At Wild Eagle, you have to use outside vendors for things like the tent, food, DJ, etc. We LOVED this idea as we were able to hand pick every single thing for our wedding, making it seriously everything we ever wanted! Robin (who is amazing) is the event coordinator and sends reminders and kind notes in order to ensure you are not forgetting anything! She ensures that everything is what you want and on the day of, is a tremendous help! I would do everything all over again

Profile Picture Brianna, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Cocktail Reception, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor

Wild Eagle Lodge was the ultimate perfect venue for our wedding! We knew the instant we stepped on the grounds, that it was exactly what we were looking for. Then we met with Robin, our Coordinator, and she made the experience that much more exciting! Robin sincerely cares about making your wedding the best it can possibly be. She genuinely cares about your wedding as much as you do, and she is with you every step of the way for questions and recommendations. We would also like to mention the on-site restaurant manager, Jean, who was extremely helpful in assisting with many other important details such as our rehearsal dinner, dessert, alcohol, etc. If something was important to us, Jean would make it happen. The day of our wedding, Robin made sure everything fell into place and ran smoothly. Later in the evening, we had a strong storm come through and lost power. We were able to go into the Blue Heron Restaurant where Jean made sure that all of our guest's needs were met. Our first dance was sung acoustically around fairy lit jars and the moment was magical. No one expected the events that occurred, but the staff at Wild Eagle made sure our wedding was far from over. We can never thank everyone enough for accommodating my husband and I as well as our guests, who gave us endless feedback on the beautiful resort and lodges. Our wedding was everything that we had envisioned, despite the weather complications...which actually turned into a night we'll never forget!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Specialty Wine, Parking, Accommodations, Linens

The event planner made the whole process fun. She answered all my questions promptly before hand, was on site each day making sure the details were in place and everything running smoothly, and was genuinely excited and helpful (not just because it's her job, but because it's her fun personality). We hosted a rehearsal dinner grill out there which I'd recommend to anyone. Our wedding lunch was at the Blue Heron Restaurant on site which had delicious food that everyone enjoyed. They were accommodating and helpful . . . We couldn't have had a better experience!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor, Cocktail Reception

I could not recommend Wild Eagle lodge enough. We had an amazing fall wedding there last weekend. Robin, the wedding coordinator, was amazing. She was just a joy to work with and really wants to do whatever she can to make your day special. She works with you beginning to end- can answer all your questions, is responsive and has great references for other vendors (DJ, flowers, etc). We not only had a destination wedding here- but our guests came from all over the US to join us. To say they were impressed with the venue,-the grounds, the amenities, the food, the cleanliness of rooms, down to every last detail- would be an understatement. We had a bonfire "rehearsal dinner" the night before- which our guests LOVED. Then we were lucky to be blessed with a beautiful October day with weather and leaves peaking- and had our ceremony outdoors.... it was magic. The food, the desserts, the breakfast the day after the wedding- all fantastic! Robin, Jean (kitchen), and all their staff were on point and a joy to work with. They all take the stress from the wedding away- and leave you to enjoy your guests, the grounds, and being a bride/groom! Highly recommend!!! We will be back.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This is by far the BEST wedding venue you could ever pick! Robin, the wedding coordinator, was AMAZING to work with. She was extremely helpful and so positive throughout the entire wedding process. Not to mention the cost was extremely reasonable for the ceremony and reception. I also loved that Robin suggested vendors that she not only works with, but who she trusts and believes will do a great job for the bride. I have to agree that all of her suggestions did a great job. Lastly, the actual venue is beyond words beautiful. We had a fall wedding and were blessed with perfect weather, but in general the grounds and nature are breathtaking. To anyone who is looking for a tremendous wedding venue, this is the place for you.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We would highly recommend Wild Eagle Lodge! We loved everything about having our wedding there and so did our guests. To start, the wedding coordinator, Robin, is AMAZING! She is enthusiastic, responsive, professional...the list goes on and on. We lived 4 hours away from Wild Eagle Lodge so we made a few trips up there to coordinate and meet with vendors but the majority of our communication was done via phone and email. Robin answered all of of our questions immediately, made great suggestions, etc... As far as the venue itself, it was perfect. We had about a 200 person wedding and most people stayed the entire weekend at the resort. We have had so many of our guest say so many positive things about Wild Eagle Lodge and that several of them want to visit the resort again in the future. Thank you Robin and thank you Wild Eagle Lodge...everything was perfect!

Profile Picture Cassandra, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Bartender(s), Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We have nothing but wonderful things to say about Wild Eagle Lodge. All of our guests said it's the best wedding they have ever been to. It was a local destination for us coming from the Appleton Area and most of our family/friends made it a long weekend/vacation. Robin, our wedding coordinator was OUTSTANDING she will make sure you are taken care of in every way and stayed on top of the planning and details better than myself. We stayed on the resort grounds for our pictures and love how they turned out. We have ones on the docks, on the beach, and along the woods and trails. I would not change a thing about our day and highly recommend this Venue. We had a touch of nature in everything we did and this was the perfect place to give it a beautiful, north woods feel.

Profile Picture User4144704, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This review is primarily about Wild Eagle Lodges wedding coordinator Robin and the assistance she provided!
We could not have completed our wedding without her! Robins enthusiasm for her job is infectious, and her love of weddings and brides (that even I didn’t have as a bride!) makes for an exceptional experience. At every step of the way we were always confident in going to her with questions and for recommendations. Planning a wedding from a distance is very difficult and Robin always reassured us that everything would be ok! She was realistic about what we technically needed and what would be preferable. For example, with the number of guests we were recommended to have a 40x60 tent, but Robin suggested we upgrade to a slightly larger one, 40x80, to make the space seem more comfortable. And she was exactly right! The space felt open, airy, and even though it was hot because of all the dancing, everyone was comfortable!
We have a lot of trust in Robin, and she has trust in her venders, which in turn made the entire experience much more enjoyable.
Jean at the Blue Heron Restaurant also deserves an honorable mention! She coordinated drinks for us for a barbecue on Friday, the wedding on Saturday, and an entire brunch on Sunday. While there was a slight hiccup with alcohol acquisition, she did everything she could to solve the problem. You can never avoid problems, particularly with weddings, and Jean handled the corrections with such care that it is commendable! She was always open and clear about the situation, and we are very grateful for all of her help.
If you are planning an Eagle River wedding, Wild Eagle Lodge is the place to do it!

Profile Picture User5117829, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding at the Wild Eagle Lodge was everything we could have hoped for. Robin, the on-site coordinator, went above and beyond in helping plan our up north destination wedding. From helping the months in advance in contacting vendors and giving us recommendations to the week and day of making sure everything went smoothly, Robin was AMAZING. She made us feel comfortable the whole time planning our wedding from four hours away. The grounds were well maintained and all was taken care of better than expected. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to have a great wedding. It is truly a beautiful site for a wedding. Our guests still talk about how much they loved our wedding weekend! Thank you Wild Eagle Lodge. Kristin and Nick

Profile Picture User4747122, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Robin and staff did a great job making us feel comfortable as well as providing an outstanding and beautiful venue! Thank you Wild Eagle Lodge!

Profile Picture User4505275, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is the perfect setting for a beautiful fall Northwoods wedding weekend. It is the perfect mix of a rustic outdoorsy feel with all the modern amenities in the guest condos. Deb, the wedding coordinator, did a tremendous job period! She was energetic, organized, communicative and friendly. She helped plan everything from our rehearsal dinner and campfire friday evening to the goodbye breakfast gathering sunday morning. She made the wedding day run smoothly and coordinated wonderfly with all of our vendors. Also, her husband Bob the bartender is a riot. The guests really enjoyed him at our onsite reception!

Profile Picture User2165605, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Wild Eagle Lodge is not only a beautiful, upscale venue for your event; it has a staff that is top notch and organized! They were so flexible and professional throughout my wedding weekend, even on a rainy day! If you want a unique, cozy atmosphere for your event this is the place! There was so much to do at the resort, my only regret is that I wished my celebration could have gone on even longer to fit in all I wanted to do!

Profile Picture Julianna, 8/14/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There is no better option for the Northwoods area! We are from Chicago and go fishing in Wisconsin every summer. When it came to planning our wedding, the location was easy to pick but we had a lot of options. After spending a 4-day weekend up north examining all of the venue options out there, Wild Eagle was easily on the top of our list. Their prices are extremely reasonable and their personalized service was incomparable.

Well, we are forever grateful that we picked the right spot. We had family members, children, city-folk, and country-folk, and each of them felt right at home at Wild Eagle Lodge. Tammy, the special events coordinator, is clearly top in her field! Most of our planning had to occur over email and phone calls, and she was consistently responsive and extremely helpful, often extending her help way beyond the expected.

For that once-in-a-lifetime experience, you can't do better than Wild Eagle Lodge!

-Stephanie & Ray Vlcek
Chicago, Illinois

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/27/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our lakeside wedding was absolutely perfect at Wild Eagle Lodge! The staff took care of all the small details, and the coordination between them and outside vendors (flowers,dj,caterer) was amazing. Our wedding day was perfect, and we could not of asked for more.

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/19/09, 1 Review