Wild Cotton Photography Reviews

23 Reviews for Wild Cotton Photography

• Caitlin

Caitlin Forehand · Married on 02/08/2020

Amazing photographer

Aly is an incredible photographer and a dream to work with! She did our engagement and wedding pictures and my bridal portraits and they’re all stunning. She went above and beyond on our wedding day to ensure everything ran on time, but we still got to take lots of great shots. She has a great eye for finding beautiful places to take pictures and even my husband (who hates taking pictures) had fun!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Erin Schmitt · Married on 04/05/2019

Best in charleston!

Aly is the BEST and I can’t say enough great things about her! From the first moment I spoke to her on the phone I knew Aly was the one I wanted to capture our big day! When we met for our engagement session, she instantly made my fiancé and I so comfortable in front of the camera with her energetic and down to earth personality. Then for my bridal portraits she was extremely flexible with the timing do to potential rain and was willing to walk all over downtown Charleston to make sure we got the perfect backdrops and lighting. On our wedding day Aly was just amazing! Our day started off with a torrential downpour, but Aly kept us all positive and was willing to help with anything to make the day perfect! The day ended with the most perfect sunset and Aly was right there to capture every moment! With each of our sessions provided the most beautiful photos within just a week or so! I am so grateful Aly was there to capture all memories for us. I would definitely recommend Wild Cotton Photography to anyone looking for the best photographer in the Charleston Area!!

Sent on 04/19/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Lococo · Married on 03/29/2019

Aly is wonderful!!

Aly was amazing through the whole process! She was quick to respond to emails and we received our photos back so fast! She is so sweet and took such BEAUTIFUL photos! She was able to capture everything from the ceremony to our guests on the dance floor and even some sunset beach photos. She has a great ideas for different poses that turned out amazing. I would recommend her to everyone!!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Katelyn · Married on 02/22/2019

Couldn't be Happier!!

Having Aly capture our big day was a dream! Our wedding Planner recommender her and I am so thankful that she did! She was professional, personable and so kind. We had met Aly once before the big day (we had a destination wedding and were in town very few times before the wedding) and I knew that she was the right choice! The day of went so seemless. We were able to get in all before photos (bride and bridesmaid and grrom and groomsmen) done in plenty of time so that we had a while to just relax before the wedding. Aly was so flexible and asked multiple times if we wanted any specific photos and if there were any different spots we wanted to take photos around the venue, which I loved! And most importantly the photos turned out amazing! If you are looking for your wedding photographer you are looking in the right place!

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 11/03/2018

Best decision we made!

Choosing Aly with Wild Cotton Photography was the best decision that we made for our wedding! Aly was amazing to work with throughout the entire planning process and had special touches for us to make us and our wedding feel special! She was extremely flexible and understanding with our needs and specific things we wanted. On wedding day, Aly was a huge help while we were getting ready. She helped everyone stay on time and made sure we were out the door when we needed to be. She is so down to earth and made me and all the bridal party feel so comfortable with her. She was super willing to walk around downtown and find awesome places to take pictures too!

During the ceremony and reception she went above and beyond. Although she was obviously there to photograph our day she did so much more than that. Aly went out of her way to make sure I was happy and enjoying every moment of the night. When the venue failed multiple times and I started to get very upset, Aly filled up our champagne glasses, worked with the DJ, and did anything possible to keep a smile on our faces. That was not at all her job but she didn’t seem to care. She cared so much more about me and my husband than to stop at what was her responsibility.

On top of all that, Aly didn’t put a time limit on our day! While most photographers only limit to 8 hours or something like that, Aly showed up early in the morning and stayed until the very last song!!! I was beyond happy that she was there to capture every moment and shocked that she stayed the entire time. We ended up having over a thousand INCREDIBLE photos.

The quality of our photos are better than I ever could have imagined. Aly’s style is incredible and we ended up with so many photos of us and our friends and family. She followed us around the reception like paparazzi so we got pictures throughout the entire evening of every wonderful moment.

Thank you Aly, for helping make our wedding day absolute perfection. I would chose Wild Cotton Photography over again and again for our wedding, we could not have been happier!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 07/01/2018

Wild Cotton Photography is amazing!!!

I remember when I first spoke to Aly on the phone and I knew that Wild Cotton Photography would be a great fit for my wedding day! During our engagement shoot and wedding day she made both my husband and I very comfortable in front of the camera. She brought out and photographed our personalities and emotions in all our photos. Aly was much more than our photographer on our wedding day; she was keeping us calm and helping us get the whole family together for all the pictures we wanted taken and helped us throughout our day whether it was grabbing us drinks, keeping us cool during the July heat, or just grabbing us and letting us know it was time for amazing sunset pictures! She really kept the day running smoothly and I appreciate her for all she did on our day! :) She was there early and stayed till the end of the night making our day easy, relaxed, all while capturing our wedding day perfectly! Thank you Aly and wild cotton photography for making our day the best day ever! :)

Sent on 01/26/2019

Katie · Married on 06/08/2018

Aly is so talented! I seriously can't stop looking at our wedding photos because they are so amazing! She is so organized and had our wedding pictures ready for us as soon as we got home from our honeymoon. Aly is professional yet easy going and we felt comfortable around her from the very first meeting. She really loves her job and it shows in her work. We can't thank her enough for capturing the best day of our life! ~Katie and Nick

Sent on 07/03/2018

Allison · Married on 05/06/2018

Simply gorgeous photos. So many moments were captured from our wedding that we we cherish forever. Aly has a great eye for her craft and we can't seem to figure out which are our favorite photos because it always seems to be the one you are currently looking at. We got all of the images in color and black and white which has simply doubled the problem of finding our favorites! She is incredibly easy to work with, got every angle we could have asked for and more without ever being obtrusive. Past her skill with a lens, she did a wonderful job consoling a crying flower girl and always made people she was taking pictures of feel relaxed and in-the-moment.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Paige · Married on 04/21/2018

I cannot fully express how pleased and delighted me and my husband were with Aly and her team. From the very beginning she was easy to work and communicate with. We met at a coffee shop to talk through my questions as well as the process from beginning to end. I felt like I was her only bride although I know I certainly was not...but it's nice to feel like she is focused on our day and not feel like I'm "just another bride". We received our engagement and wedding photos back in a very timely manner and WOW, they were all incredible!! There were many important details of our day that we wanted to be sure were captured and she did just that..I'm so very pleased and thrilled that we have these photos to treasure forever. She also came highly recommended by our other rockstar vendors as well as friends in town, so that's always a good feeling as well. You will not be disappointed going with Wildcotton Photography!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Katherine Kacinko · Married on 04/14/2018

Awesome Photographer!!

Aly was great!! One of the best decisions I made in the wedding planning process. She shot 2 of my other friends wedding and her work is amazing!! My pictures are so beautiful!! I would totally recommend her for any of my friends getting married in the Charleston area.

Sent on 01/12/2019

Ali · Married on 03/11/2018

There are no words or gestures I could give to express our gratitude and love for Aly. She truly is a pleasure and I feel so honored to have had her photograph our engagement and wedding pictures. She not only makes you feel like the most gorgeous bride she has ever seen but brings a calming feeling to your day. She truly does everything from photos to making sure your vail in in tight! If I had to plan my wedding over I would pick her every time. She is one in a million and we feel so blessed to have Aly in our lives! She got our photos back to us so fast I could not believe it. She is absolutely the best photographer ANYONE could have!

Sent on 03/26/2018

Ashley · Married on 05/21/2017

I'm not sure that words can describe how valuable Aly's services are. Not only did she give us the most beautiful pictures, but she offered such a calming vibe the whole day. Aly played a vital role in the overall success of our day- she is truly the best. And the pictures! Oh my goodness! Both our engagement and wedding photos are unbelievable and we will cherish them for the rest of our lives. If I could plan our wedding 100 times, I would choose Wild Cotton every time!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Emily · Married on 05/13/2017

I cannot recommend Aly highly enough! She was so accommodating of our needs (even driving three hours to take our engagement photos), friendly, professional, and gave us the most beautiful memories of our wedding day. She is a dream to work with! I've had friends complain about their wedding photographers over-charging them, taking months to get their photos back, or being intrusive on their wedding day. Aly was the opposite in every way, and I would absolutely book her again!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Katherine · Married on 04/28/2017

When my now husband and I got engaged, we were so excited to start the process! One of the first things I did was try and find a photographer. My husband asked that I get at least 5 different meetings with different photographers in and around the area. Aly was one of the first ones I spoke with. She was flexible in meeting me where ever was convenient for me. After we met and talked, I immediately was comfortable and knew that she was the photographer for us! Not only was her portfolio incredible, but I felt like I was working and speaking with a long time, close friend! Needless to say, we chose her! She was so much fun and was all about taking pictures at the beginning of Broadway in downtown Nashville! She made not only me feel comfortable in front of the camera, but also my husband! She is the best! If I could get married all over again, I would choose her a million times over! With Aly at Wild Cotton Photography, you gain not only a fabulous photographer, but a fantastic friend as well!

Sent on 07/07/2017
  • F

Fran · Married on 02/11/2017

5 stars all around for wild cotton and Aly!! Seriously, we were so grateful to have Aly as our photographer. She made us, our families and our guests feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We loved having her on the dance floor dancing with us as she captured the night. Truly, We cannot thank Aly enough for capturing our day.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Lindsay · Married on 10/23/2015

I cannot recommend Wild Cotton Photography enough! I was already fan of Aly’s work after I saw the photos she took for a friend’s wedding, but I was absolutely stunned when I saw my wedding photographs for the first time. Not only did she capture the day beautifully, but her shots really took me back to the wonderful emotions and memories. Her style is breath-taking, and my family and friends keep raving about the photos!

Aside from her strong skills as a photographer, Aly was a joy to work with. She was calm and professional, while still being fun and personable, during a somewhat stressful day! She made my groom and I feel so comfortable, and we were able to be ourselves in front of the camera. At one point during cocktail hour, she even suggested my groom and I steal a moment alone to watch the sun go down on a dock near our venue. It was one of my favorite moments of the day...and I am so glad she suggested it. It allowed me to really enjoy the moment, and she was able to take some incredible pictures.

Choosing Wild Cotton Photography was one of the best decisions we made, and I cannot wait to work with Aly again in the future!

Sent on 01/29/2016

Bryan · Married on 07/18/2015

Aly/Wild Cotton Photography were an absolute dream to work with! I hired Aly for my Bridal Session and our Wedding Day and we were so pleased with both. Aly was so professional, helpful, kind, fun, instructing and easy to work with. My fiancé was super nervous about the extent of the pictures taken, but Aly and her assistant Ashley made him feel super relaxed and he had a blast with it. Aly was incredibly responsive to all my 1,000 questions and emails almost immediately. She was extremely easy to get in contact with and gave me a lot of wedding day advice. We cannot thank Aly and Wild Cotton Photography enough for making our day go by smoothly in regards to photos - and needless to say, her work is SO INCREDIBLE! She has such an eye for lighting, background and detail - literally a bride's dream come true. Our wedding party absolutely LOVED working with Aly and we have received so many compliments on our pictures already! Thank you Aly for making photography the easiest part of wedding planning and the big day! We owe you!!

Sent on 05/01/2015

We absolutely loved working with Aly and her team! She made us feel comfortable in the very beginning by meeting us for coffee so we could talk about our vision for our wedding day. She was really responsive and prompt to all emails throughout the planning process. She also helped me create my wedding agenda so I knew exactly how the day would go down, and ensured that all the pictures we wanted were taken. One of our groomsmen is a professional photographer, so I sent him the websites of 6 photographers in our price range and he said hands down, go with Wild Cotton Photography. What a wonderful decision.

We took engagement photos with her a few weeks before the wedding and that helped us get into the groove of what the pictures would look like on our wedding day. She laughed at our shenanigans, but kept us focused. OUR PICTURES ARE SO UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL. Aly has the magic touch. She took something like 5,000 photos during the day of our wedding and we love them all. A giant thank you to Aly for joining us on our wedding journey. We are so happy you spent the day with us and are so grateful that you captured so many beautiful moments from our wedding.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Aly/Wild Cotton was such a wonderful part of our day! I knew when I came across her website that I had found the photographer that would make me feel beautiful. Aly is kind and professional and is always looking for the next great shot. We have been so impressed with our engagement photos and the early wedding photos! She also helped a great deal with our timeline and the day running smoothly!
    She was so so so great to work with!

Sent on 04/08/2015

Laura · Married on 06/14/2014

Wild Cotton Photography is beyond wonderful. Aly makes you feel so much more than just a client but a friend. She takes her job very seriously and is around fore every moment during your ceremony and reception. There are so many pictures that finding only a few to print is impossible! She has a divine talent for capturing the emotion of the day and I feel like I can hear the people laughing through the pictures, as well as feel the emotion of our ceremony pictures. Picking Wild Cotton was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Aly made the process so easy and was so friendly and great to deal with. I recommend Wild Cotton Photography to any bride, you will NOT regret it!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Sally Katherine · Married on 12/14/2012

Aly is so much fun to work with. She makes everything feel relaxed and easy, which make the pictures look natural. My fiancé was not excited about the engagement pictures or the wedding pictures, but she made us laugh and enjoy the moment. I was impressed with what an excellent job she did with the pictures, how quickly she captured the shots, and was able to get us the cd. I would highly suggest having Aly take your pictures for any occasion.

Sent on 04/01/2013

Emily · Married on 11/03/2012

Aly is a complete class act. I was pretty clueless about wedding planning-- and Aly helped me all along the way. She gave me very practical, helpful hints (keeping my low-key nature in mind). She was excellent at studying my style as well. She looked at my pintrest and Facebook at the types of wedding photos I had been liking/pinning and so she brainstormed and came with a lot of creative ideas for the big day. She came to the rehearsal to meet the whole crew and take a look at everything. On our wedding day she was flawless, AND incredibly social and kind to everyone! Her execution and timing were impeccable, keeping us all in line and having fun all the while. She had an assistant who also was very helpful and the both of them were able to capture the day perfectly. Aly's photos speak for themselves. I adore the results and am so excited that I have so many photos to cherish this day and to share with friends and family for years and years to come! What a blessing it was to work with Aly.

Sent on 02/12/2013

Meg · Married on 01/07/2012

It was such a pleasure to work with Aly. She was easy to work with and flexible. I appreciated her creativity and ideas for shots that would be flattering. It was helpful to have someone make creative suggestions. We met together several times before the wedding to do engagement and wedding shower pictures. She also came to the venue for the rehearsal to get the lighting right for the day of. She is also quick & we had a pictures back in two weeks! One of my favorite things was being able to have ALL of the pictures she took on disk. It is handy to have digital copies of everything and to be able to pick and print as I desire. I whole-heartedly recommend Wild Cotton Photography!

Sent on 02/17/2013