Wickham Park Reviews

Wickham Park 6
Wickham Park 7

Amy · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect Fall Wedding

I got married at the Cabin Garden (outdoor ceremony and tent/cabin reception) on October 20, 2018. Pam is easy to work with, the different gardens are amazing for pictures, and the site is stunning for an outdoor ceremony. We loved the fact that people could move around the venue and meander around as they wanted. We set up a cigar bar under the pergola and it was so fun, everyone loved it! The park rangers are all helpful. Highly recommend Wickham for a rustic/natural wedding. Also - we used Log Rolling for catering and bar service, they were excellent, everyone loved the food.

Sent on 02/05/2019
    Wickham Park 8
    Wickham Park 9
    Wickham Park 10

Wickham Park's reply:

Amy & Dan, You two, not only adorable so easy going; it was an absolute pleasure. Thanks for taking the time to share your kind words. You are now part of the Wickham Park history of love. If you could share more pictures, (these are fabulous), we would love to share with potential couples, (like your fabulous cigar bar and of course more of you two!) Your friends at the Park, Pamela

Heather Dumond · Married on 09/21/2018

Beautiful!

Everything about our venue was perfect! From the Cabin Location to the Service it was just what we imagined!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Wickham Park's reply:

Heather & Brian, thank you for the kind words, I forgot to ask did you do the toy drive for your day? Thank you for taking the time with your review.
    Your friends at the Park!
    Pamela

Catherine · Married on 09/02/2018

Wickham Park was an absolutely amazing location for my dream fairy tale wedding! The staff are incredibly helpful and accommodating, and you really can't beat those Hartford views. I had so many guests tell me how impressed they were, and how much they enjoyed having multiple places to "hang out" including the beautiful garden. 10/10 would recommend or any wedding - Pam and her staff are the best :)

Sent on 09/05/2018

Tara · Married on 10/14/2017

This was a great venue to work with. They were very flexible with our requests and we had some wild ones, best of all they are pet friendly! Very reasonably priced especially with this kind of event. Love this place and would recommend it to anybody!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Wickham Park's reply:

Tara & Caine, Your requests were imaginative, fun and never unreasonable! I have your post card pic on my desk every day, it makes me giggle every time. We were lucky you choose us! Your friend at the Park, Pamela

Rachael · Married on 09/22/2017

I recently had my wedding at the new Emerald Room in the park and it was perfect. The venue is stunning and we received so many compliments from our guests. The stone walls, the fountain and the plantings surrounding the venue were gorgeous and made for great photos. We loved being able to have an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour and an indoor reception. Even though we always wanted an outdoor ceremony, having the option of the indoor reception space for the ceremony as a back up in case of rain was nice. The bridal suite in the Emerald Room was also a huge plus. It was nice to have a place to relax while guests were arriving. The staff at the park were also great. Pam was always quick to answer my (many) questions in the months leading up the wedding and was very accomdating. The ranger staff and venue attendant were all very helpful the day of our event. With the stress of wedding day and wanting everything to go smoothly, it was so nice to go into the day having full confidence in Wickham!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Giang · Married on 09/02/2017

Pam is really easy to work with. She is very flexible, supportive, and never pushy. I had my wedding at the Emerald room and ceremony at the English Garden. Both are very beautiful and convenient. I got a lot of good comments from our guests of how beautiful the wedding is.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/30/2017

Wickham Park was such a beautiful venue and Pam was great to work with! The staff was very professional and everything was set up perfectly. We had so many compliments about this venue!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Laurel · Married on 09/17/2016

My Husband and I were lucky enough to be the second wedding in their brand new Emerald Room! Our guests loved the venue. It has heat and air conditioning so to the temperature was perfect for everyone. We were able to enjoy the gardens and then retreat inside to eat dinner. If you are looking for a smaller venue I would recommend the Emerald Room, with it's own private Bridal Suite that has it's own bathroom, along with a huge catering kitchen for the catering staff and there own restroom, this venue has it all! Pamela was fantastic to work with, answered all questions and really helped make our day perfect!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/11/2015

The English Garden At Wickham was the perfect place for our wedding! It was a beautiful day and the staff was more then accommodating when we ran late past our time slot. Our wedding guest were thoroughly impressed!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Wickham Park's reply:

Ashley, Thanks so much for your beautiful post. I communicated your appreciation, (did someone leave the rings at home????) to our Ranger, Dave who worked with you that day, he said it was his pleasure!
    Thank you again for choosing the Park! Pamela

Rebecca · Married on 08/06/2015

Wickham Park is an empty canvas that you can customize to fit your style. The flowers all over the park are gorgeous. I had my reception at the cabin on a Thursday. I couldn't have been happier with the choice of day. It was a full thousand dollars less than a Saturday wedding, and the park attendant Pam was so flexible with us. Normally for a cabin event you are only allowed to go in and decorate the morning of the wedding. For our wedding we were able to come in and decorate on Wednesday so that the morning of we did not have to do anything. The weather turned out perfect and the views from the cabin were amazing. Our guests couldn't stop telling us how beautiful the venue was. My husband and I also got married down in the English garden which was just breathtaking. The pictures that my photographer took in those gardens are beyond words fantastic. The whole venue had a very romantic feel to it. This is a venue that you can make your own, just make sure you are okay with the setup and breakdown being before and after the wedding. I would highly recommend ciao! Two steps catering because they helped us take everything down and were absolutely fantastic. I loved everything about my wedding day and I am so happy I chose Wickham Park

Sent on 08/14/2015

Wickham Park's reply:

Becky & Dan, you made us look good, loved the video, thanks for sharing and again, for choosing the Park for your true English Garden Wedding, with Cabin hilltop reception. Best, Pamela

Megan · Married on 10/04/2014

On our wedding day we had the cabin package which is pretty much all outdoors. It was a MONSOON all day long. I am a big believer of things meant to happen and I believe that was meant to happen. Instead of having our wedding overlooking Hartford we had it inside the cabin with a big huge fire going. I grew up in a log cabin and aspects of the cabin were reminiscent of our childhood home :) My husband also loves fire places and has an inside joke with moose (the enormous one in front of the fireplace made the night) . The moose head, the fire, and just being in the cabin was more us. Not only was our day amazing Pamela was a joy to email and chat with. Either way Wickham Park cabin package is the way to go in the Manchester area RAIN.....or SHINE :) We could of let the rain ruin the day but we just embraced it, our guests didn't mind at all and multiple family members have told me it's the best wedding they have been to!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Tammy · Married on 09/28/2014

Outstanding!!! I love this venue so much!!! Words cannot describe how happy we are. Pam was amazing!!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Todd · Married on 09/12/2014

My husband and I were recently married at Wickham Park. It was perfect and everything we dreamed it would be. We were lucky to have amazing weather, as our ceremony was outside and everyone commented on how beautiful the wedding was. It was truly majestic. Wickham Park is so very beautiful. Many of our guests said it was the prettiest and best wedding they have ever attended. We had the Cabin package and both the ceremony and reception on site. This was perfect for us and our guests. The guests were able to move right into the fun of the night and cocktails right after the ceremony without needing to drive somewhere new - and we were able to move right into gorgeous pictures in the Gardens. The Tent, Cabin, and Garden provided a wonderful venue for people to mingle outside, sit inside, dance, etc., but be cohesive and connected at the same time. I cannot recommend this site enough for the most beautiful wedding. It was very romantic, yet relaxing and fun. In addition to the beautiful site, the staff is fantastic!! Pamela was so easy to work with - professional, responsive, and so very sweet. The whole process of planning the event there was super easy and they were willing to work with us in any way. Thank you so very much, Pamela and Wickham Park, for making our wedding day so very special and unforgettable!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Sarah · Married on 08/30/2014

We looked at a half dozen venues and as soon as we visited Wickham, we knew this was right for us. We did both reception and ceremony in the Cabin Garden. The views were amazing, the garden was gorgeous, and the cabin/tent worked great for dinner and dancing (and the side lawn became the site of an epic corn hole tournament). Friends and family all had wonderful things to say about our setting. Even though this is a park open to the public, we felt like we were in our own little world. Staff were easy to work with and responsive to inquiries throughout our planning process. They also provided a great suggested vendors list which made choosing vendors familiar with the park much easier.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Wickham Park is an amazing choice for a wedding venue. The grounds were beautiful and offered the photographer as well as wedding guests amazing locations for photographs. The staff was a delight to work with, especially Pam who responded promptly to emails and phone calls. My guests can't stop talking about this perfect, peaceful location for a wedding.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Robin · Married on 05/24/2014

We always dreamed of the perfect garden wedding, and no place could have been more perfect than Wickham Park. We fell in love with the Lotus Garden, with its rustic pagoda, tranquil gardens, and beautiful fountain. We knew immediately this was the place! We were amazed at the price, which we considered an absolute bargain for what we were afforded: A lush, beautiful garden for our own private use, and a staff that was there for us at every turn! Our guests were so pleased and impressed as well. A beautiful backdrop to our amazing day.

Sent on 06/10/2014

I recently had my wedding reception and ceremony at The Cabin at Wickham Park this past spring. This venue truly is a hidden gem. The view from the hill is stunning and makes for great pictures. You can also take pictures in the other gardens throughout the park which adds diversity to your photos. We decided to use high top tables throughout the garden for cocktail hour and it looked beautiful! The park staff was professional in all communications and you could tell they truly care about your big day. The grounds were beautifully manicured during every visit, including on our wedding day. The rain held off just long enough for us to finish our ceremony on the amphitheater. Weather was a concern for me when booking an outdoor venue such as this, but they proved they are prepared to handle the rain. Overall, I was most satisfied with Wickham Park as my wedding venue, and would highly recommend it to brides-to-be!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Robin · Married on 10/13/2013

I was in love with Wickham Park the very first time I stepped into the cabin garden. The place is BEAUTIFUL. The staff was incredible from the very first day we met them. They were professional, timely in all responses and beyond helpful when it came to working with me and my wedding coordinator. The place is seriously flawless. If you want a unique, beautiful venue, whether you hold your entire event at the cabin garden or just use one of the gardens for photos or just a ceremony, Wickham Park is definitely the place to be.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Margaret · Married on 09/22/2013

I got married in the Cabin Garden in September, and I couldn't have picked a better venue. It was absolutely gorgeous, and everything about the grounds and Cabin were impeccable. My husband and I live in Brooklyn, and we were looking for something rustic, yet polished, somewhere outside the city. Wickham Park is exactly that. With all of the little details that go into a wedding, looking back, I can say that the venue is the most crucial, and I couldn't have found anything more perfect.

Sent on 10/15/2013

I don't know how to put into words how absolutely PERFECT this location is for a wedding!! I contacted Rhonda at Wickham Park back in January 2011 and from the get-go she was fantastic! We booked the Cabin Package which gave us the cabin, the garden, tent, tables & chairs for 150 and the ceremony site for 8 hours. The weather was beautiful. The ranger assigned to us for the day was a total sweetheart and so helpful. The only downside was that the A/C didn't seem to be working too well and it was pretty hot in the cabin BUT we managed to deal just fine and danced the day away!!

I would recommend this site to anyone and EVERYONE. It was truly magical. I never thought myself to be an outdoor wedding type of girl but this was breathtaking. The hartford skyline is infront/behind you creating a picturesque backdrop. In the fall it is equally as (if not more!) stunning! We added two white industrial fans in the garden tent outside to circulate the air and it helped tremendously.

Thank you so so much for making our day magical!! We love you!!

Sent on 07/26/2012

Leann · Married on 09/10/2011

A little pricy, but totally worth it for the scenery and the convenience of having the ceremony and reception all in one, beautiful location. Also, we were able to take all of our photos at the location, so we could get back to the party right away without our guests having to wait several hours! And our pictures came out amazing! Everyone asks where we got married.

Also, it was nice to know that the money we spent on the venue goes back to preserving this amazingly beautiful park. Definitely worth it.

The staff was professional and made sure everything was set up as I specified. The facilities were clean, and completely dry after it had rained all week!

Rhonda and the rest of the staff I spoke to via email (as I planned long distance) were extremely professional and responsive in a timely manner to all my little questions and numerous emails. They were very flexible with my requests for decor and furniture set up.

I also liked the fact that we could bring in other vendors and we weren't restricted like other venues do. They even provided a list of reputable vendors and we were not disappointed with their recommendations!

We look forward to visiting the Park in the years to come and eventually bringing our children to the place where Mommy and Daddy got married. :-)

Sent on 01/13/2012
  • Frances

Frances · Married on 09/03/2011

Best Venue! So beautiful. We rented out the Cabin Garden site here. Our guests loved it and so did we. Our contact at Wickham (Rhonda) is so friendly and responsive. And you get a great value for your buck. They provide tables, rocking chairs (since it is at a beautiful cabin site), chairs, and many other features. Our wedding day was amazing and the venue was nothing short of incredible. Definitely recommend this place!

Sent on 09/20/2011
  • J&J

Jessica · Married on 08/13/2011

My husband and I had our rehearsal and ceremony in the English Garden. The ceremony was at 5pm and the sun was just low enough below the trees so our guests would swelter in the heat...it was perfect! It is an ideal location for garden wedding. We got so many compliments about how beautiful our ceremony was.

We ordered 100 chairs for the wedding at $2.50 a chair. The week before I called asking for 10 more chairs, and they accomodated us COMPLIMENTARY!

I was very impressed by their ability to answer any questions or concerns.

There is a white tent they can put up over the chairs incase it showers/rains. You have to reserve it and decide if you want it the day before the wedding ($400 for tent).

Only downfall is you don't get your money back if you are unable to have your ceremony there due to weather.

Wonderful location for pictures-- included a few in my photo album...take a look!

Sent on 08/19/2011
  • Diane

Diane · Married on 07/08/2011

I like to give constructive criticism and not give all my vendors 5 stars for everything but it's unavoidable.

Wickham park was the perfect location in every way for our wedding. We got married in the cabin garden. For a tent, cabin and garden all-inclusive the price is incredible.

Guess what? It rained on our wedding day. We were lucky enough to get our wedding party and first look pictures done in the garden before the rain started. When we finally decided that it was impossible to get married outside overlooking the skyline of hartford we accepted that we would get married in front of the fireplace, below that amazing moose head. My husband and I are so happy it rained during our ceremony. Our guests waited in the cabin, our wedding party on the porch and my husband and I hid in the gazebo. The ceremony was so intimate because all our guests were standing around us and the acoustics were great. It felt so personal. I would reccommend putting pictures up of each spouse's parents and grandparents on their wedding day on the big mantle. It made getting married inside that much more meaningful.

The tent is beautiful. The bar is convenient and the venue is the perfect size for a party of size 100 or more. You would be silly not to consider the Cabin Garden at Wickham park for your wedding.

Sent on 09/26/2011