Whiting Photography Reviews

Whiting Photography View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Lauren H. Married on 07/30/2021

4 “photo shoots” with Stephen!

Stephen is fantastic. He photographed our engagement photos, our small wedding ceremony during COVID, our rehearsal dinner, AND our larger wedding this year. Throughout our (extended) wedding planning process, he’s been so easy to work with – responsive, communicative, and supportive of our changes in plans. We’ve been so happy with the quality of his work. The candid pictures are incredible and the colors are so vibrant. We loved that Stephen was both laidback and extremely organized (this eased a lot of the bride’s stress during day of). It is true that you spend a lot of time with your photographer, but that was very easy with Stephen, in fact he feels like a part of our extended family!

Whiting Photography's reply:

I need to see how many photos you have total Lauren, SO many! I loved each and every event, your families are wonderful and your friends are so fun. Cheers to finally being married, married, married!
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen D. Married on 10/11/2020

Photos for engagement and bridal shower

I found Stephen Whiting after seeing his photos from a friend's wedding. I then hired him to do my daughter's Bridal Shower and my son's engagement. He is wonderful to work with, very professional and a true artist. I highly recommend him for any family event.

Whiting Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Kathleen, your family is wonderful and you are truly blessed! I had a great time meeting your family and I wish you all the best!
    Katie W. Married on 09/12/2020

Amazing photos and even better person!

It is hard to describe in words just how amazing our experience with Stephen was from start to finish. Stephen was very responsive, kind, understanding, and super helpful, especially as we were forced to navigate and re-plan our big day due to the confusing and constantly evolving challenges coronavirus threw at us this year. In the end, we had the perfect day, and Stephen was able to capture the emotion of every moment in his pictures. The photos blew us away, and our family and friends are still talking about how amazing he was 8 weeks later, especially his unique and creative ideas to give us more than just traditional wedding photos. Since our wedding, we've had family & friends asking for his contact information so he can also work his magic during their events. Stephen's pictures are amazing, but it was equally notable that he was truly a part of the intimate group present at our wedding. Everyone felt like they got to know him, and he was very attentive to the details of the day, and accommodating to all our guests' requests. We are planning to throw a future wedding reception and will definitely be coordinating with Stephen's schedule to make sure he can help capture that the fun and exciting emotions of that event as well! We would recommend Stephen to anyone, you will not be disappointed!

Whiting Photography's reply:

You guys had one of my favorite ceremonies ever! Your smiles could not have been any bigger - I just love how happy you were all day long!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey B. Married on 09/07/2020

I would recommend working with Stephen without reservation one thousand times over!!

We initially met with Stephen on a video call and were immediately impressed with how much he cared about getting to know us as individuals and as a couple. When we hung up, we turned to each other and said, “He’s the one!” We met Stephen in person a few months later for our engagement shoot and instantly felt comfortable and relaxed with him - a tough thing for two people who do not like being photographed! Our engagement photos were not of stiff poses but instead of us laughing together (real, genuine laughter)! We knew then that we had made the right choice!

Stephen was in constant contact with us throughout the entire planning process whether it was answering our endless questions or just checking in to see how we were doing! We never once felt any stress related to our wedding photos. Stephen made wedding planning fun!

When the wedding day came, it was like seeing an old friend again! Stephen so seamlessly fit in that it felt like he was one of our guests! Stephen took the time to get to know not just us, but our family and friends, too. Everyone felt so comfortable with Stephen behind the camera! One of our friends, who was married just a year before, told us she wished that she had met Stephen prior to her own wedding! Other friends in the wedding party raved that ours was the most efficient wedding photo process that they had ever experienced.

Stephen is also extremely organized. We never had to stop and think about whether we were getting every photo that was important to us because we knew that Stephen was on top of it! We also completely trusted his suggestions - one of our favorite photos resulted from us climbing over a wall!

When we received our photos we were absolutely floored. We could not have imagined photos this beautiful! It would have been impossible to choose photos for our album on our own since we LOVED every one! Thankfully, Stephen was amazingly helpful and insightful in working with us to create the perfect album.

Not a day goes by that we don’t look at our wedding photos and have the opportunity to relive the best day of our lives! Each photo perfectly captures a moment in time with emotion and artistry. A picture might be worth a thousand words, but Stephen’s photos leave you speechless! Out of all of the wedding gifts that we received, our photos will always be the greatest.

If you have not yet found a photographer - stop your search and contact Stephen now! He’s not only an incredible photographer, but a wonderful person and you would be so lucky to work with him!
  • Marie
    Marie B. Married on 11/16/2019

Couldn't imagine having anyone else!

Of all wedding vendors, we anticipated finding a photographer could present some challenges. There are so many options to choose from all with varying levels of experience, quality, price, and personality. For us, of course quality was important but even more so we wanted to make sure we meshed well with our photographer and would enjoy & share in our special day with them. After tons of research, my wife reached out to 20+ photographers, researched some more, heard back from few and connected with zero. Then, we found Stephen! From the moment we reached out to him, he was responsive, beyond professional, and easy to talk to. He took time to “meet” us on Skype, learn about us & our relationship, and listen to and understand the vision of pictures for our wedding day. He worked with our budget and guided us throughout the process from beginning to end. During our engagement photoshoot with him, we knew we made the right decision. Stephen helped us set up our wedding day timeline, checked in with us every few months to see if we needed any help or recommendations for other vendors… he did all the things that you really can’t put a price on. On the day of our wedding, Stephen and his assistant Sharon took charge of our large group, were very patient with us, guided us to the pictures we had asked for, and miraculously was able to capture a good picture of us with 7 screaming nieces & nephews! Stephen & Sharon are both extremely talented. The main thing that drew us to Stephen was not only his ability to capture the moments and pictures we wanted but also his passion in photographing the moments in between the pictures. Thankfully, both Sharon & Stephen seem to have that passion in common because looking over our wedding photos brought us not only right back to the special moments we shared, but reminded us of the feelings & conversations we shared as well. Whiting Photography will make your day everything you hope for and more. We cannot thank you enough!
    -The DiPaolos
    Bridget Married on 10/25/2019

Don't think twice!!!

The best decision we made for our wedding day was to book Stephen for our photography. It's honestly hard to put into words the impact he had that day (and the days leading up to it and after!). Obviously his photography skills are like no other and the pictures he produces are absolutely stunning. But the best part about hiring Stephen was his overall calm and easygoing presence - especially on a chaotic day. He lays out a schedule of events for the day and coordinates with all of the vendors himself so everyone knows what time to be done and where to be. For the formal photos, he was organized and quickly moved through every shot we wanted. For the ceremony and reception, we barely even noticed him and his team - even though they were clearly there and captured some incredible action shots! I could not recommend Stephen enough and you should not think twice about hiring him!
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan D. Married on 10/11/2019

The Greatest Photographer Ever

We worked with Stephen Whiting and his team for both our engagement photos and for our wedding. They. Are. AMAZING. Stephen captured every candid moment, got to know who we are as a couple and then worked to incorporate that knowledge into our pictures, and was overall just amazing. He was professional, thorough, and wow, the pictures are truly amazing. He was just incredible to work with, and this is coming from the groom who maybe helped plan our wedding by saying "yes dear" and "whatever you think is best" more than a few times. Do yourself and your (future) spouse a favor - hire Whiting Photography. You will be very happy you did.
  • Casey
    Casey Married on 10/05/2019

The Most Amazing Photographer!!

I was so lucky to find Whiting Photography and could not have asked for a better photographer. Not only is he an unbelievable artist and capturer of memories, he is also an amazing person. As the bride I had very little knowledge of weddings and what happens behind the scenes in planning one and Stephen was always an email or phone call away. Even when something unrelated to the photos came up he was happy to answer any questions I had. He truly felt like a friend only a few short months after meeting him, and many months before the wedding even happened!

Something that really stood out for my husband and I was how aware he was of all of the surroundings. At one point during the reception it began to rain slightly outside and he found us on the dance floor to see if we wanted to take a rain photo on the outdoor patio by the fireplace. We were thrilled to and when we got outside Stephen magically produced a clear umbrella for the picture. It is easily one of our favorite shots and is still on our venue's website a year later. Another moment I'll never forget is when the early bus left for the hotel before the end of the wedding. My husband and I ran out last minute to say goodbye to both of our grandmothers and some other of our older relatives. And as we were on the bus giving hugs and kisses we noticed Stephen was right there one the bus to capture those moments!! Amazing, I know. He's right in the mix without you ever even really noticing!! I swear he has a sixth sense about where everyone is and what's happening throughout the wedding!

I have received endless compliments on the photos from our wedding. They are absolutely gorgeous! Stephen has a way of capturing the moment that I had never experienced before. I am not one to pose for pictures, choosing instead to let the moment happen, and he was more than capable of catching each moment and freezing it in time for us. I've had many friends who were at the wedding,and some who were not but saw the photos, ask for Stephen's information for their own weddings because they were just so impressed.

I am forever grateful to have found Stephen Whiting and to have gotten the opportunity to work with Whiting Photography and cannot wait until my twins are born so he can take our family pictures! (Yes we are now pregnant with twin girls a year after the wedding). He is most definitely our forever photographer!!

Thank you for everything Stephen!!

Whiting Photography's reply:

Casey! I'll never forget how excited you were to see me on your wedding day. That was so sweet and you just have the biggest smile that lights up everywhere you go!
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 07/28/2019

So much more than your standard ‘wedding photographer’

A genuine soul with an unbelievable eye, Stephen was so attentive and helpful on our wedding day, and all the days leading up. He really took the time to get to know both my husband and me personally to make us feel comfortable, confident, and safe to be ourselves in front of the camera. When we got our wedding pictures, we were absolutely blown away. Stephen and his team were able to capture, what in retrospect, feels like every single moment, glance, and true emotion felt on our day. He read the room remarkably and always seemed be in the right place at the right time. He understood the importance of the relationships and small intimate family moments and made sure to capture them all equally and beautifully.

We cannot thank Stephen and his team enough for everything they did. He had our backs in ways that far extended the responsibilities of a photographer and we are so very touched and grateful for that and will cherish these photos forever!

• Mike
    Mike Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing and super fun photography team!

We were first drawn to Stephen's booth at the Boston wedding expo by the bright colors and fun, playful nature of many of his photos. Talking with him sealed the deal as he is incredibly personable and easy to talk to. Fast forward to our engagement shoot and wedding, we could not have asked for a better photographer for our big day. Stephen and his team are professional yet easy going and captured all the typical family portraits as well as the small little moments that make the day extra special. We had so much fun working with Whiting Photography and we will be recommending him to all of our friends and family in the future!

Whiting Photography's reply:

Ah, love you guys! I'm so happy we got to spend time at the tree farm on your wedding day. That was such a unique location for me. Great memories!
  • Serena
    Serena Married on 05/18/2019

Can't say enough great things about Stephen!

All I can say is, wow! Stephen was fantastic from the very beginning. We chose him because of his talent for catching those little moments that make everything so personal, and also his manner, which is somehow both super professional but also easygoing and fun.
    A year ago, I didn't think that I would want engagement photos, but they came with our photo package, and I'm glad we did them. We got to spend an afternoon with Stephen, so we got to know each other a little better and also we got used to posing etc (did I mention we aren't professional models? But Stephen made us look like we could be). Needless to say, our engagement photos were stunning - somehow Stephen had turned a gloomy day on the esplanade into perfect lighting and a wide range of pics from romantic to funny.
    On our wedding day, Stephen and his crew were super professional, helped capture all the memories I wanted to save forever (such as my grandmother seeing me in my dress and her family jewelry for the first time). My husband and I just received the photos and spent last night poring over all of them, and it was really fun re-living all of the moments, big and little.

Whiting Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Serena! I'd loved capturing all those little moments for your family and I'm thrilled to hear you loved the process and had fun on your wedding day with me!
  • Naomi
    Naomi Married on 04/14/2019

Whiting Photography - beautiful spring wedding photos

Stephen Whiting was our wedding photographer, and we really couldn't be any happier with the results! He was very professional, friendly, and easy to work with. He and his assistant did an excellent job making everyone feel comfortable, and he has such a great eye for beautiful shots. We highly recommend him!

Whiting Photography's reply:

It was so fun to see so many old friends at your wedding and to meet lots of new ones too! Also, you shocked me when you hit the dance floor, wow! You guys are so much fun
    Heather S. Married on 02/11/2019

Amazing photographer!

We are so happy that we worked with Stephen for our wedding, and I would highly recommend him to anyone else looking for their photographer! From the first call Stephen was personable, professional, and knowledgeable. He did a great job walking us through what we needed and could expect from him throughout the whole day and really covered all the details needed to capture everything we wanted throughout the day! We loved that he includes an engagement session with his packages, and encouraged us to bring my stepdaughter along too. We loved getting to know him a bit before the big day, and loved the bonus pictures too!
    What drew us to Stephen work was how natural all the photos looked, from the formal pictures to the ceremony to the ones captured on the dance floor. He's also great with kids, which we knew we wanted since we had a bunch at the wedding. We've seen the amazing preview photos from the wedding, and can't wait to put together the full album with him! Stephen takes fantastic photos and is a pleasure to work with! Highly recommend!

Whiting Photography's reply:

Heather, this is so sweet! I had a blast with you and your guests, even when the kids were putting glow sticks on my cameras!!
    Lily Married on 09/15/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Stephen. He was fabulous.

I cannot say enough good things about Stephen. He was fabulous. The engagement shoot was fantastic, and we had so many good photos that we didn't know how to choose the best. But the wedding photos are even more amazing. We look fantastic, and he captured so many incredible candids of our friends and family that we're basically just giving everyone we know framed photos as gifts for the next several years. He's a real professional - he visited both of our venues in advance and found all kinds of great angles and locations that made our photos look so creative. And he's just a pleasure to be around. Our families are still talking about how great he was, and I've seriously never seen someone who's so good at getting children to smile and look at the camera. We just keep flipping through all our photos and constantly finding more that we love and that capture the whole day perfectly. Seriously, if you're getting married in the Boston area, go with Stephen.
    Amy Married on 08/31/2018
    We cannot say enough about Stephen and how happy we are that we went with the Whiting Photography to capture our big day! I met Stephen at a bridal show when I still didn't know a date or the venue for my wedding. He remembered that detail and e-mailed me to offer venue suggestions if I needed them. Stephen's friendliness and attention detail were evident from beginning to the end. We had a great initial conversation on the phone that helped us understand each other's styles and Stephen was respectful of our budget and our needs. We met again in person a few weeks before the wedding at Stephen's request so he could make sure to capture all the important people/moments that we wanted and more. Aside from Stephen's prompt communications and professionalism, his work truly speaks for itself. He was able to maximize the lighting throughout the day, set up creative shots using what's available at the venue, and most importantly, he was able to capture all the important hugs, tears, joyfulness that were not posed. We were so happy with our choice just from how comfortable he made us on our wedding day and seeing the pictures only affirmed our feelings. I highly recommend Stephen Whiting from the Whiting Photography; take a look at his work online and you'll see what I mean!
    Kerry Married on 08/18/2018
    Stephen took the photos at my wedding; he is incredibly talented, down-to-earth, super responsive, very organized and extremely patient. I highly recommend booking with him!!

We met Stephen through a friend's recommendation and he made us feel comfortable from the get go. We loved that Stephen's photos didn't feel overly stuffy or posed and instead captured the candid moments. Our wedding was down the Cape, so I was super nervous about the few vendors I booked with who were off-Cape (since traffic is awful in the summer). I didn't have to worry about this with Stephen at all as he had a plan for getting to the Cape way a head of time and was very communicative with me throughout the planning process.

The day of the wedding Stephen was amazing. He was very organized and made sure to get every random photo I asked him about ahead of time and did not stress out whatsoever when my wedding party was running very late and completely messed up his time line. He was a lot of fun during the "photo-shoots" and helped guide us through different shots to make sure we ended up with beautiful pictures. He also did an incredible job taking a TON of candid photos throughout the day. Stephen took so many amazing photos and I didn't even notice him taking the pictures most of the time! All my pictures are beautiful - the lighting is perfect, the framing of pictures is unique, he made everyone look so good and really captured every different personality.

I ordered two different albums as my parents wanted one also. Stephen was incredibly patient and worked with us to make sure we each got the exact album that we wanted. Stephen is the best, look no further!!
    Cheryl Married on 06/30/2018
    It’s been about 3 months since our wedding, and now that everything has calmed down a bit, I would be remiss if the very first thing we did wasn’t to review Stephen / Whiting Photography. We met Stephen at an Expo, and from our first hello we knew he was the photographer we wanted to work with. His art matched the aesthetic I wanted; his personality and demeanor matched the feel my wife wanted. We wound up hugging at that first introduction, and every interaction afterward was just as easy.
    Stephen was incredibly flexible with us for our engagement shots, and met us in our home to photograph us drinking mimosas and making pancakes. Stephen never felt like a stranger with a camera. He felt like a friend we had over for breakfast, who happened to recommend where we should sit to get the best light! My wife absolutely hates having her photo taken, and Stephen kept us laughing and comfortable the whole time.
    The most important part of our whole experience, our wedding day, could not have gone smoother. Because of Stephen’s communication prior to the wedding, and the questions asked from experience and from knowing us, Stephen and his team (+ second photographer) captured our wedding flawlessly. Our guests even complimented how stylist our photography team was, and they felt like guests and close friends. His team climbed on roofs to get sniper shots, climbed down rocks to get waterfront shots, and looked and acted professional and fun even though the temperature was over 90 degrees! We had fun on our wedding day, and a part of that was Stephen and his team’s commitment to our experience.
    And the finished products? The photos Stephen sent us? We cried. Every. Single. Time. From sneak peak, to full portfolio. Wedding planning is stressful; there’s no practice run and no dress rehearsal with your full day. Pick a photographer who gets you, and your partner, and your vibe. For us, Stephen was all of that. We are forever grateful and couldn’t recommend him stronger.
    Alexandra Married on 06/16/2018
    Stephen was such a pleasure to work with on our wedding day. He made us feel comfortable throughout the process and captured some phenomenal photos! My husband and I would highly recommend Stephen's services.
    Marcus Married on 03/23/2018
    Honestly, I thought the perfect match was my new wife and I but our engagement/wedding photos by Stephen maybe a tad bit better [don't tell my wife]. Stephen was able to capture us during all of our happiest moments, we are constantly looking at every photo he has taken of us and wondered how he did it. Not only is he super easy to work with, he also puts you at ease. Now believe me, I always hated taking pictures but with Stephen, I look forward to the next one and the one after that. Thank you for making our special moments even that much specialer [Is that even a word, if not it really should be] If I could rate Stephen even higher, I would so definitely consider him cause it was the best decision my wife and I ever made during the wedding process.
    Stef Married on 03/09/2018
    Honestly- look no further for a photographer. Stephen was easy to work with, super friendly and very professional! He's a true talent and really documented our wedding day better than I could have ever imagined. From being organized with family photos, sneaking some beautiful candid shots, the attention to detail and really capturing all of the emotions on the big day- he is truly one of the best in the business. We highly recommend Whiting Photography!
    Ja Married on 12/31/2017
    Not your typical wedding photographer! We chose Whiting Photography for his artistic side. Stephen is very passionate about his work and it shows. He gets the shots that other photographers don’t even think of and he is a master of Bokeh! Thanks again Stephen for everything you’ve done for us!
    Aileen Married on 10/14/2017
    We cannot say enough good things about Stephen! Stephen is incredibly talented, the master of candid’s, and has a way of capturing emotion and light in every photo he takes. It rained on our wedding day and Stephen never stopped coming up with unique spots all over Boston for us to get a great shot, and stay dry! You spend a LOT of time with your photographer and we felt completely at ease with Stephen. He has the unique ability to keep things fun and light while still making sure we stuck to the timeline we set for our wedding. Would HIGHLY recommend!
    Jessica Married on 07/16/2017
    LOOK NO FURTHER!!! Stephen is the absolute BEST around! His eye for candid moments, artistic images and placement and this warm and fun personality are unlike any around. I have to leave nothing but an overwhelming review for him. From day one when we first chatted over Skype, he was making me laugh, relatable and calming to speak with. After our engagement shoot (a personal experience for a couple), I knew I was in good hands! We were laughing the whole time and finished it off with a cup of ice cream!
    From every detailed aspect of the scheduling the day to MEMORIZING my friend's and family's names, he just completely blew me away. The experience working with him was an absolute dream and then it grew even more after I saw his stunning work. My photos are breathtaking. He took a TON and I have no idea how I will ever pick through them. I wish I could cover my whole house with the pictures, because they make me so happy and capture myself and my husband along with ALL of our guests at our most joyful times.
    I can guarantee that Stephen will make you feel the same way no matter what event you're hiring him for. I can't wait to keep him as a friend and my personal photographer for all future events that I have! HIRE HIM NOW! I promise you'll be at ease knowing he's by your side and will capture every moment and MORE!
    Joanna Married on 10/15/2016
    Stephen Whiting (Owner of Whiting Photography) is an outstanding photographer. His passion for his career shines through from speaking over email to meeting in person to the wedding day. He is thorough, creative, comfortable, open to ideas, and calm. Exactly what we needed while planning and on the day of. The photographs he took of us were absolutely beautiful and captured our day perfectly. Over the last few years my husband and I have been in many of our friend's weddings with many different photographers and Stephen is hands-down the best photographer we have seen in action. We would recommend him again and again to everyone we could. Thank you Stephen!!!!
    Laura Married on 09/17/2016
    If you are on the search for a wedding photographer, look no further. Stephen is absolutely amazing. He captured every moment we could have ever asked for on our wedding day and then hundreds more we never dreamed of. Special family moments, crazy dance floor shots and the most beautiful pictures of the two of us. Even four months after our wedding, we still have friends and family commenting on how fantastic he was.

We also had such a blast taking engagement pictures with Stephen that we asked that he join us for our rehearsal dinner BBQ to take photos. Plus, we just wanted him there. If he wasn't our photographer he definitely would have been on the guest list. He is so much fun and a great guy to have worked with!