Whitehouse Caterers at Overhills Mansion, circa 1897 Reviews

172 Whitehouse Caterers at Overhills Mansion, circa 1897 Reviews
  • Tania

Tania Alvarez-Kemper · Married on 10/18/2018

Amazing service and experience

Overhills staff is amazing and truly went above and beyond for us. With quick responsiveness to any and all my questions before wedding to last minute adjustments and changes day of the wedding, they made everything so easy. I am so happy we chose them for our venue.

Bparks · Married on 10/17/2018

Overhill Mansion is the best!

The staff at Overhill was simply the best. Lynda, our personal wedding planner for our event at Overhill, was on top of every detail. The mansion has undergone lovely renovations, and the grounds were beautifully maintained.

Christine · Married on 09/21/2018

Beautiful Stress Free Venue

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Overhills and I cannot recommend them enough! The venue is incredibly beautiful and having everything on site makes the planning process so much less stressful. The staff is so helpful and knowledgeable. They put out all of my reception decorations the day of the wedding, they went over every detail of the ceremony and reception with me multiple times before the wedding day and they kept everything on schedule and running smoothly all day. The food was incredible, I had so many guests tell me it was the best wedding food they've had. I cannot recommend this venue enough.

Dezeray · Married on 09/04/2018

I had the best experience with Whitehouse Caterers at Overhills Mansion. First of all, they are SO professional, and also so friendly and nice. I did my tour with Lauren, and she worked with me through the whole process. She is so sweet! She took the time to help us with picking our menu, etc. and was always available via email. Secondly, I love how they lump together so many services - you make your different selections and you get one quote that includes the food, the tables/chairs, set up and breakdown, staffing, and the venue rental. No hidden charges. I appreciated this straightforward pricing a lot. They also have a beautiful bridal suite I chose to rent -- I definitely recommend this!! The bridal suite was very nice and they stocked it with crackers, cheese, juice, water, and other snacks. It's a great place for your makeup artist to do everyone's makeup. They also have relationships with different preferred vendors that make choosing your other vendors quite easy. Whitehouse Caterers @ Overhills Mansion also provided me with a day of wedding coordinator, and she made sure my actual wedding day went smoothly. They also coordinated with the other vendors I booked - the DJ, the officiant, the alcohol supplier, the cake supplier, and photographer. ON TOP OF ALL OF THIS, the food was amazing. I had a plated dinner and all the food came out hot. And it was all flavorful! The chef accommodates dietary restrictions for your guests with no hassle. Even separate from the venue, I would choose this caterer a second and third and fourth time. The venue IS gorgeous - we had our ceremony in the garden outside at sunset and our reception was in the ballroom. I fell in love with the venue all over again when my photos came in from my photographer. I loved it here so much that I'm almost even searching for a reason to have another event here!!

Whitehouse Caterers at Overhills Mansion, circa 1897 10

Diane · Married on 08/05/2018

Easy to work with! Answered my many questions (I was working with them from out of state). Everything was beautiful.

Laura · Married on 07/06/2018

I got married at Overhills on July 6th, 2018 and cannot say enough great things about them! It was surprisingly difficult for us to find a venue with an outdoor ceremony space and an air conditioned reception area but luckily we held out until we found Overhills. Not only was the space perfect but we immediately knew we found the right venue after our first meeting with Julia. She made us feel like family throughout the whole process along with everyone else that works there. I had a huge list of decorations that were set up perfectly and many (somewhat picky) requests with our day of timeline. The staff willingly worked with us until we were satisfied and were very accommodating. The food is also fantastic! We opted for a private tasting (which also made a nice date night) and the chef was very open to tweaking things until we had to menu we wanted. If we could we would get married again there in a heartbeat :)

• Madeline

Madeline Kawecki · Married on 06/22/2018

Our perfect wedding!

We had the best experience with the Overhills! Its a beautiful venue, and the staff were excellent to work with. We had plans for an outdoor ceremony, but had to switch to indoors at the very last minute (like 15 minutes before I was going to walk down the aisle) because of rain. It was a perfect day and the staff made that transition so easy!

Colleen · Married on 03/17/2018

Overhills was a gorgeous venue and the whole staff were awesome and fabulous to work with! I think they had many different options to satisfy a range of budgets, and my husband and I were very happy with the price we paid and the value of what we paid for everything.

The fact that Overhills was essentially "all inclusive" plus included pre-wedding and day of coordinators alleviated a lot of stress since it was much easier than coordinating a bunch of different vendors.

My husband and I were extremely satisfied with the food at our wedding-everything tasted amazing and we got tons of compliments from our guests about how good the food was. We also can't rave enough about their bring your own alcohol policy-we saved A TON of money doing so (I would estimate we would've paid close to double if it was otherwise). We definitely recommend using their preferred sponsor of The Wine Bin if you choose to have your wedding here as well.

Location was prime as well-very close to Baltimore and BWI airport which was great for out of town guests.

If you're looking for a great venue in the Baltimore area, make sure to look into Overhills Mansion!

• Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 03/16/2018

We had our wedding at Overhills Mansion on March 16th and the day could not have been more perfect! Throughout the entire process, the staff at Overhills were always willing to answer my many questions and responded very quickly to all my emails. Our day-of-coordinator was wonderful, and she made the night stress-free. She made sure I actually got to eat, and brought any concerns to my attention right away. The food was phenomenal, and the chef made sure our menu was catered to us. My husband is Puerto Rican and we wanted to make sure we had food that all our guests would enjoy. He also made sure my dad (the only vegan) had a great meal to eat! Everyone at Overhills made planning my wedding so much easier and less stressful. I cannot thank everyone there enough for making our day absolutely perfect!

Jeny · Married on 12/08/2017

We just got married on Dec 8, 2017, and it was just perfect! Lynda, Terry, and Rosie responded quickly to any email, with plenty of detail, making sure that there was no stress before the wedding. Absolutely everything was wonderful. The food was delicious- we chose the beef tips pot pie and pan seared scallops as our entree, and it was delectable! The manor is beautiful, inside and out, perfect for pictures. We booked the bridal suite upstairs, which included three rooms, lots of seating and mirrors for getting ready. Our wedding planner did a marvelous job of keeping everything going according to schedule, since I was having so much fun I wasn't paying any attention to the time! Everything went without a hitch, and we all had a great time. I am so happy we chose Overhills for our wedding! Thank you!!

Whitehouse Caterers at Overhills Mansion, circa 1897 11
    Whitehouse Caterers at Overhills Mansion, circa 1897 12
    Whitehouse Caterers at Overhills Mansion, circa 1897 13
    Whitehouse Caterers at Overhills Mansion, circa 1897 14

Devin Kennedy · Married on 12/01/2017

A Dream come True

Everything from the start was simple, and easy. The entire process they were nothing but helpful. When it came to our wedding day the venue was gorgeous, and they had everything taken care of. During our wedding their was a altercation between a few guests, and Their team handled it so professionally, and quickly My husband and I were completely unaware as well as the other guests. I can never express enough how amazing they were.

Domenica · Married on 11/18/2017

My Dream Wedding Made a Reality

My wedding was at Overhills Mansion on November 18, 2017. We had an evening wedding. Rossi was our day of coordinator.
    Every single thing about my wedding night was beyond perfect. It was by far the most beautiful, magical and happiest night of my life. To every single staff member that assisted in any way with my wedding - I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. The steak and crab cakes were the best I've ever had (and I lost count of how many of my guests said the same). Everything ran so smoothly. No one in my family had to worry about a single thing.
    To Rossi - thank you for simply being you. Thank you for telling me I looked gorgeous every chance you got. Thank you for checking on me throughout the night in such a way that made me feel like you were one of my sisters. Thank you for your warm hugs and bright smile all night.
    Most girls grow up with a picture of what their perfect wedding would look like. But Overhills Mansion gave me a night that far exceeded any dream I've ever had of what my wedding night would be like.
    Again, thank you to all who played a part in creating such a magical night.

Lacie · Married on 10/01/2017

Incredible. We could not have picked a more perfect venue. From my initial consultation I knew that this was the right location for our wedding. We looked at several venues where I thought “this would be a lovely place for a wedding.” The moment I met the staff at Overhills I knew that they would make it a lovely place not just for A wedding, but for OUR wedding. Lynda was our coordinator on our big day and she made everything go exactly as we wanted. She anticipated every need, was loved by our families and entire wedding party and we received dozens of compliments on how nicely everything flowed. I felt completely comfortable approaching her and asking her for little details like dimming the lights in the ballroom a bit more to delicate matters involving a troublesome outside vendor. Lynda was accommodating beyond my wildest expectations. Our 10 year old son is an incredibly picky eater and we are quite accustomed to him boycotting meals, but upon learning that he wasn’t a fan of his kid’s meal (which his cousins happily devoured) she had a chat with him and magically found some of his favorites from the kitchen. All of the food was incredible and they tailored our menu to our tastes. I loved my wedding. Every detail. I can’t imagine anyplace else as the setting for our perfect day.

Laura · Married on 09/30/2017

Overhills Mansion was the perfect place for our wedding reception! From the very beginning, booking the venue was easy and the value is great for the area as well as the quality of food and service received. Our coordinator leading up to the wedding was very responsive and helpful in making sure everything was set up as planned with the least amount of stress. Our day of coordinator, Julia, was amazing! She made sure we had everything we needed and more. She went above and beyond to make sure we had the best night and that our guests did too! A lot of my friends and family reached out to me to tell me that the food was delicious and they had a great time. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking in the area! It was especially perfect for us because we had a lot of guests from out of state and its proximity to BWI was very convenient. Thank you Overhills Mansion for making our wedding day incredible!!

Whitehouse Caterers at Overhills Mansion, circa 1897 15

Veronica · Married on 09/17/2017

They helped make our dream wedding day come to life and a huge success! They pay attention to detail for everything to last second of your wedding day! The entire staff were great! I don’t have words to thank them! They can customize your wedding day and will work with you every step of the way to make your day happen to what fits your needs! I would like to give a special thank you to Julia and Lynda! The food was excellent and out of this world!
    They are phenomenal! You will never go wrong by using them! You don’t have to go anywhere else. I can guarantee you that if you go anywhere else you will be disappointed and not get your money’s worth. Our wedding was last Sunday on 9/17/17 and my husband and I could not have been happier or more satisfied!
    Veronica

Amy · Married on 09/16/2017

We are so glad that we selected Overhills Mansion for our venue. They are so organized! Lynda kept me on an easy timeline so everything was perfect by wedding day. They recommended excellent vendor, as well. They were so accommodating! As the mother of the bride, I was able to enjoy the ENTIRE reception without a worry or care. Everything ran perfectly! Many of our guest said that this was the best wedding that they had ever attended! I AGREE!

Danielle · Married on 09/03/2017

My hubby and I had our wedding at Overhills 2 weeks ago and it was the most perfect day! Right from the day we toured the mansion to even days after the reception, the staff was friendly and receptive to any and all questions and concerns we had! We worked closely with Julia and Lynda who helped make every single detail of the day amazing! Our guests could not stop raving about the food (we highly recommend the crab cakes) and how wonderful the staff was. We added the photo booth package and it was the best decision we made! A few days after the wedding, they emailed us digital copies of all the photos from the photo booth and our guests were delighted that I could send them all those pictures on top of having the cute little print out. We also wanted to give a special shout out to Rossi who handled all the behind the scenes the day of our wedding! We would definitely recommend Overhills!

Michael · Married on 09/01/2017

Lynda was fantastic. I felt so at ease with her behind the wheel. Rossi was our day of coordinator and was also amazing and made sure everything went smoothly. Couldn't have been happy.

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2017

We are so happy with having our wedding at Overhills. Lynda, our event coordinator, was so patient with all of our questions and the staff accommodated almost every request we had; and, Rossi, our day-of coordinator was great at keeping our night on track. It was so nice to have a venue that coordinated almost everything for you. They really know their stuff!

• Z

Zwena · Married on 06/04/2017

My husband and I got married at Overhills Mansion on June 4, 2017 and it was amazing! We looked at 8 venues and once we got to Overhills, I knew that this was going to be our venue. From the first visit I felt like they weren't out to just get as much of our money as possible, which was unfortunately the vibe I got at most places. They clearly lay everything out up front and there are no surprises. The ability to use vendors of your choosing and bring your own alcohol saves A LOT of money. They have preferred vendors but you're not required to use them. Lynda was our planner and Rosie was our day-of coordinator. These ladies have this down to a science and make the entire process seamless. They are professional and organized but also flexible. Lynda was always very responsive to emails and made the planning process much more manageable. I didn't hire a professional planner so this was a huge help.
    We had 124 guests and the space was perfect. We had an outdoor ceremony and the grounds at Overhills are absolutely gorgeous and well-maintained. The towering trees created such a stunning scene for our ceremony and we were blessed with great weather. You don't need to add too much in terms of decor here. Everything is already beautiful.
    The only small issue I had was with scheduling a rehearsal. The earliest you're allowed to schedule is 1 month in advance. Most of our wedding party was from out of the state or country and this made trip planning difficult. We ended up having our rehearsal elsewhere because none of the options offered worked for us. We had no major issues on the wedding day but the little questions that came up would have most likely been clarified if we were able to run through everything beforehand. Nevertheless, this didn't take away from our experience. Our wedding day surpassed my expectations! Overhills is a no-brainer. Great value for money.

Joy · Married on 06/03/2017

From the moment we took a tour of the venue, we knew it was the place for us. The staff responded to any questions we had quickly and they were pretty flexible with us since were having a relatively small wedding. The food was delicious and the Day -of Coordinator went out of her way to make sure that we had everything we needed (she even made sure that I took the time to eat).

• F

Faith · Married on 12/10/2016

My guests absolutely LOVED this venue. It was already beautifully decorated for Christmas, which helped our budget. You are able to provide your own alcohol, which greatly reduces expenses. I worked with Julia, Lynda and Lisa. They were a dream to work with and bent over backwards to make sure every detail ran smoothly. The food was also delicious. I highly recommend this venue for your wedding!

Ryan · Married on 10/22/2016

Overhills Mansion/Whitehouse Caterers made the wedding of my wife and I seamless, low-stress and super fun. Everyone, from both parties, was incredibly responsive and we had a tremendous time. I couldn't recommend a place with more enthusiasm.

Whitehouse Caterers at Overhills Mansion, circa 1897 16

Jennifer · Married on 10/14/2016

Everyone from overhills mansion did a fantastic job at our wedding. It was a beautiful memorable day that we will remember forever. I wish we could do it over! Lynda was amazing to work with throughout the process. Every email, question, silly thought was met with an answer or non judgment. It was truly a great day. Thanks everyone.