157 Reviews for Whitehouse Caterers at Overhills Mansion, circa 1897

Dessert (4)
Photobooth (2)
Centerpieces (1)
154 Whitehouse Caterers at Overhills Mansion, circa 1897 Reviews

We had our wedding at Overhills Mansion on March 16th and the day could not have been more perfect! Throughout the entire process, the staff at Overhills were always willing to answer my many questions and responded very quickly to all my emails. Our day-of-coordinator was wonderful, and she made the night stress-free. She made sure I actually got to eat, and brought any concerns to my attention right away. The food was phenomenal, and the chef made sure our menu was catered to us. My husband is Puerto Rican and we wanted to make sure we had food that all our guests would enjoy. He also made sure my dad (the only vegan) had a great meal to eat! Everyone at Overhills made planning my wedding so much easier and less stressful. I cannot thank everyone there enough for making our day absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 3/16/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just got married on Dec 8, 2017, and it was just perfect! Lynda, Terry, and Rosie responded quickly to any email, with plenty of detail, making sure that there was no stress before the wedding. Absolutely everything was wonderful. The food was delicious- we chose the beef tips pot pie and pan seared scallops as our entree, and it was delectable! The manor is beautiful, inside and out, perfect for pictures. We booked the bridal suite upstairs, which included three rooms, lots of seating and mirrors for getting ready. Our wedding planner did a marvelous job of keeping everything going according to schedule, since I was having so much fun I wasn't paying any attention to the time! Everything went without a hitch, and we all had a great time. I am so happy we chose Overhills for our wedding! Thank you!!

Profile Picture Jeny, 12/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Incredible. We could not have picked a more perfect venue. From my initial consultation I knew that this was the right location for our wedding. We looked at several venues where I thought “this would be a lovely place for a wedding.” The moment I met the staff at Overhills I knew that they would make it a lovely place not just for A wedding, but for OUR wedding. Lynda was our coordinator on our big day and she made everything go exactly as we wanted. She anticipated every need, was loved by our families and entire wedding party and we received dozens of compliments on how nicely everything flowed. I felt completely comfortable approaching her and asking her for little details like dimming the lights in the ballroom a bit more to delicate matters involving a troublesome outside vendor. Lynda was accommodating beyond my wildest expectations. Our 10 year old son is an incredibly picky eater and we are quite accustomed to him boycotting meals, but upon learning that he wasn’t a fan of his kid’s meal (which his cousins happily devoured) she had a chat with him and magically found some of his favorites from the kitchen. All of the food was incredible and they tailored our menu to our tastes. I loved my wedding. Every detail. I can’t imagine anyplace else as the setting for our perfect day.

Profile Picture Lacie, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Overhills Mansion was the perfect place for our wedding reception! From the very beginning, booking the venue was easy and the value is great for the area as well as the quality of food and service received. Our coordinator leading up to the wedding was very responsive and helpful in making sure everything was set up as planned with the least amount of stress. Our day of coordinator, Julia, was amazing! She made sure we had everything we needed and more. She went above and beyond to make sure we had the best night and that our guests did too! A lot of my friends and family reached out to me to tell me that the food was delicious and they had a great time. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking in the area! It was especially perfect for us because we had a lot of guests from out of state and its proximity to BWI was very convenient. Thank you Overhills Mansion for making our wedding day incredible!!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They helped make our dream wedding day come to life and a huge success! They pay attention to detail for everything to last second of your wedding day! The entire staff were great! I don’t have words to thank them! They can customize your wedding day and will work with you every step of the way to make your day happen to what fits your needs! I would like to give a special thank you to Julia and Lynda! The food was excellent and out of this world!
They are phenomenal! You will never go wrong by using them! You don’t have to go anywhere else. I can guarantee you that if you go anywhere else you will be disappointed and not get your money’s worth. Our wedding was last Sunday on 9/17/17 and my husband and I could not have been happier or more satisfied!
Veronica

Profile Picture Veronica, 9/17/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

We are so glad that we selected Overhills Mansion for our venue. They are so organized! Lynda kept me on an easy timeline so everything was perfect by wedding day. They recommended excellent vendor, as well. They were so accommodating! As the mother of the bride, I was able to enjoy the ENTIRE reception without a worry or care. Everything ran perfectly! Many of our guest said that this was the best wedding that they had ever attended! I AGREE!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My hubby and I had our wedding at Overhills 2 weeks ago and it was the most perfect day! Right from the day we toured the mansion to even days after the reception, the staff was friendly and receptive to any and all questions and concerns we had! We worked closely with Julia and Lynda who helped make every single detail of the day amazing! Our guests could not stop raving about the food (we highly recommend the crab cakes) and how wonderful the staff was. We added the photo booth package and it was the best decision we made! A few days after the wedding, they emailed us digital copies of all the photos from the photo booth and our guests were delighted that I could send them all those pictures on top of having the cute little print out. We also wanted to give a special shout out to Rossi who handled all the behind the scenes the day of our wedding! We would definitely recommend Overhills!

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Photobooth, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor

Lynda was fantastic. I felt so at ease with her behind the wheel. Rossi was our day of coordinator and was also amazing and made sure everything went smoothly. Couldn't have been happy.

Profile Picture Michael, 9/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Photobooth, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s)

We are so happy with having our wedding at Overhills. Lynda, our event coordinator, was so patient with all of our questions and the staff accommodated almost every request we had; and, Rossi, our day-of coordinator was great at keeping our night on track. It was so nice to have a venue that coordinated almost everything for you. They really know their stuff!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I got married at Overhills Mansion on June 4, 2017 and it was amazing! We looked at 8 venues and once we got to Overhills, I knew that this was going to be our venue. From the first visit I felt like they weren't out to just get as much of our money as possible, which was unfortunately the vibe I got at most places. They clearly lay everything out up front and there are no surprises. The ability to use vendors of your choosing and bring your own alcohol saves A LOT of money. They have preferred vendors but you're not required to use them. Lynda was our planner and Rosie was our day-of coordinator. These ladies have this down to a science and make the entire process seamless. They are professional and organized but also flexible. Lynda was always very responsive to emails and made the planning process much more manageable. I didn't hire a professional planner so this was a huge help.
We had 124 guests and the space was perfect. We had an outdoor ceremony and the grounds at Overhills are absolutely gorgeous and well-maintained. The towering trees created such a stunning scene for our ceremony and we were blessed with great weather. You don't need to add too much in terms of decor here. Everything is already beautiful.
The only small issue I had was with scheduling a rehearsal. The earliest you're allowed to schedule is 1 month in advance. Most of our wedding party was from out of the state or country and this made trip planning difficult. We ended up having our rehearsal elsewhere because none of the options offered worked for us. We had no major issues on the wedding day but the little questions that came up would have most likely been clarified if we were able to run through everything beforehand. Nevertheless, this didn't take away from our experience. Our wedding day surpassed my expectations! Overhills is a no-brainer. Great value for money.

Profile Picture Zwena, 6/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

From the moment we took a tour of the venue, we knew it was the place for us. The staff responded to any questions we had quickly and they were pretty flexible with us since were having a relatively small wedding. The food was delicious and the Day -of Coordinator went out of her way to make sure that we had everything we needed (she even made sure that I took the time to eat).

Profile Picture Joy, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My guests absolutely LOVED this venue. It was already beautifully decorated for Christmas, which helped our budget. You are able to provide your own alcohol, which greatly reduces expenses. I worked with Julia, Lynda and Lisa. They were a dream to work with and bent over backwards to make sure every detail ran smoothly. The food was also delicious. I highly recommend this venue for your wedding!

Profile Picture User5344521, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up

Everyone from overhills mansion did a fantastic job at our wedding. It was a beautiful memorable day that we will remember forever. I wish we could do it over! Lynda was amazing to work with throughout the process. Every email, question, silly thought was met with an answer or non judgment. It was truly a great day. Thanks everyone.

Profile Picture Jennifer , 10/14/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved Whitehouse Caterers at Overhills Mansion for our wedding. They service, venue, and food was great. Even last minute changes to the ceremony and reception setup, due to the rain storm, was seamless to the guest. The venue was beautiful and provide a great backdrop for all of our wedding pictures. They even provided suggestions and assistance with the decorations that we provided. The wedding coordinator that they provided kept everything moving along to ensure that we were able to enjoy our day without a stress.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User5367075, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Parking, Wheelchair Access, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Overhills Mansion was the second out of about ten venues that we had scheduled to see. As soon as we pulled up we knew that it was the one! Julia has been such a joy to work with. She made sure our wedding day was smooth sailing without any bumps! Overhills Mansion looks like it is straight out of a Martha Stewart magazine. It reminds me of a southern home with all of its character. Our ceremony was flawless - so many of our guests kept telling us that it was the most gorgeous wedding they have ever been to. It's nice to have the outside for guests to hang out during the reception because not everyone enjoys dancing. This was hands down the best wedding I have ever been to and it was mine!

Profile Picture Kara, 4/23/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up

We used overhills mansion for our wedding ceremony and reception. My decorations were placed exactly as I wanted them. The food and service were excellent. Lynda was our coordinator and did a fabulous job and was very responsive and helpful throughout the planning process. We had a small wedding and erevryone fit perfectly in the upper part of the room, we used the lower part for our ceremony and dancing. We still receive so many compliments on the food, service and venue. We wanted our wedding to be classy, elegant and cozy and we had exactly that and more.

Profile Picture Ana, 3/18/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

Whitehouse Caterers at Overhills Mansion made our wedding day hassle free and perfect! Everything was amazing. Everyone we worked with was absolutely lovely and always answered any questions we had quickly and thoroughly. I would highly recommend them to anyone planning their wedding day! And the food was amazing. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding food they have ever had! The night was truly magical and we owe a lot of that to the staff at Overhills.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Katie and Lynda were fantastic. They quickly responded to any questions or requests we had. The reception was gorgeous and the food was fantastic. I had a last minute dietary issue, Katie made sure I had a special meal ready with what I could eat. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating I could not ask for more. The venue is beautiful inside and out!!!

Profile Picture User4390599, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had such an amazing experience working with Overhills Mansion. Our event planner was very helpful and responsive and our day of coordinator, Julia, was incredible. She made sure everything was exactly as we had asked. Everything looked perfect! We also had a corn hole set that we wanted to have outside but it was raining and she set it up inside for us. It made us so happy. She was so helpful. Also the food was amazing!!! Our guests could not stop raving about how good the food was, and cost was extremely reasonable! Our guest loved the venue and thought it was so beautiful. No complaints whatsoever! We are so happy we had our reception there.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/12/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We had a really great experience at Overhills Mansion. I was so happy to find that the dining hall and all of my decorations were set up exactly as we had discussed.... it looked beautiful. We chose to do a buffet with carving station, and our guests raved about how good the food was. It was very important to me to have a lot of time for dancing, and I made this very clear to the Whitehouse Staff in all of my emails leading up to the wedding. Julia and her staff definitely delivered! They were great at keeping the night on schedule and because of it we had an amazing night of dancing (I recommend opting to have a 5 hour reception... it was definitely worth the small fee they charged!). But one of the greatest things about this venue was the cost!!! We had an 140 person wedding and it was very easy to keep it within our budget having it at this venue. And because we were able to provide our own alcohol (through 40 West), we had an AMAZING bar selection at a fraction of the price other venues were quoting me. I would definitely recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/27/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Overhills was so great to work with. I couldn't have ask for a better venue to hold my ceremony/reception. Julia was in charge of my wedding and it ended up being absolutely perfect. The food was delicious and all the staff were so friendly and attentive. I can't say enough good things about this place!

Profile Picture Alexis, 6/20/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everyone at Overhills Mansion is amazing to work with! I honestly could not have had a more perfect day! They accommodated every request and answered every question. I worked with Julia and Lynda and Tracy. My parents decorated the tree that hangs over the back stone patio with christmas lights, we had the ceremony outdoors, the dinner for reception was inside and was beautifully decorated, and we had our DJ stations out on the back veranda/deck area and danced outside under the stars on the back patio and held our cake cutting and all of the other activities outside. It worked out perfectly! For those who wanted to dance they could hit the dance floor, for those who wanted to still participate in activities but take a break could sit and watch on the veranda/deck and for those who wanted a bit more quieter intimate place to have a conversation they stayed in the ballroom area. Everyone was so wonderful to work with, flexible and very affordable for everything that is included!

Profile Picture User4586256, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is amazing! I just got married at Overhills last weekend and everything was perfect. The staff is so organized, friendly, and extremely accommodating to make sure everything is the way you want it. Most of the planning was done through email with Lynda, Katherine, and Julia. Any question I had was answered promptly and I also had 2 in person meetings with Lynda at the venue as well. Lynda was phenomenal and worked with my fiance and I to assure all of our requests were taken care of.
Julia was the coordinator the day of the wedding, and she nailed it. We were able to enjoy every second of our wedding because she took charge and made sure everything ran smoothly and on time. At one point, Julia realized that we might run out of alcohol, so she made me aware of the situation and called in an order for me which was delivered quickly with no issues. Her and the staff packed up everything at the end of the night and made sure nothing was left behind.
I seriously can't say enough great things about this place. The staff is awesome, the grounds are beautiful (the ballroom looked amazing), all of my guests enjoyed the food, and everyone had a blast! I highly recommend booking here for your big day!

Profile Picture Maria, 5/9/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Overhills Mansion is a beautiful space for a wedding. Due to outside circumstances, my fiance and I had to cancel with our previously planned venue four days before our wedding was supposed to happen. As you can imagine, this was a VERY stressful situation! By some miracle, the mansion did not have any weddings scheduled for the upcoming Friday. I spoke with Julia at 4:00 on Tuesday, and by 6:00, all three of us were meeting together at the mansion where Julia put together an entire menu and linens display, and helped us re-plan our entire wedding. She and the mansion bent over backwards to provide us with an equal, if not better, experience than what we had already been planning for over a year. We, our families and our guests, were shocked to see what they were able to put together in less than 72 hours. It was as if we had planned to get married at the mansion all along! A beautiful space, a wonderful location, an efficient and friendly staff, delicious food, and an all around fantastic venue.

Profile Picture User5053737, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews