Whiteflash Reviews

35 | Sugar Land, TX

35 Reviews for Whiteflash

S Desantis · Getting married on 07/04/2020

Excellent experience, non pretentious, diamonds sell themselves

I researched round brilliants for a year before deciding on Whiteflash. It was hard to determine from google websites who was writing biased versus unbiased assessments on where to buy diamond online. It seemed to me options were whiteflash, James Allen, Blue Nile, Brian Gavin and some smaller companies. Each company seems to have their expert selection, optimal cut round brilliants which you pay for.

I ordered 2 yellow diamonds from one of the above websites and they were cut like absolute garbage. Not cheap diamonds - but 20-25K cushion cuts. I realized that vendor is not where I want to do business. There was zero personalized customer service.

As I happen to live in Houston, I visited whtieflash and got a totally different experience - both by email and by personal visit. They are proud of their in house cuts as they should be. They look similar to Tiffany cut diamonds. All their in house diamonds are vetted. You pay a little premium over the random selection of diamonds from virtual inventory, but this is the case anywhere and with any site. James Allen seems cheaper, but when you go to their expert cuts, they are perhaps more expensive.
    Whilteflash has a lifetime trade up, so as someone who is never happy for long with her jewelry, this was something important to me. I will get a better color some day than the one I got, and the ability to put say, another 10K toward a diamond of better color is important to me. That says also, I am getting an excellent cut, since they stand by the product.

The team is a delight. Happy to help. So not pretentious (very important to me). I hate pretentious diamond sellers and I exit those stores quickly. They have beautiful expensive products, but talk to you as personably as though you're in a hair salon. They know their product is beautiful.. They do not sell it to you, for me, it sold it self because I had seen so many bad cuts, and pretentious local sellers prior to making this purchase.

In the store, you may view the diamond in every lighting condition. Normal lighting, office lighting, spot lighting, dark conditions, and right next to the window - so direct or indirect sun depending on time of day. In most brick and mortar stores, even I1 clarity diamonds look good due to the heavy spotlighting. In this store, only a well cut RB is going to look good because you actually get to see it in fluorescent office lights, the worst condition for any diamond. This was important to me.

I picked up 4ct J/SI1, and it was stunning after being set in a simps 300$ solitaire! At first I was worried about a J color and yes, while there is warmth visible from the side of the diamond, it faces up white due to the incredible cut, especially at nighttime and in ambient room lighting. As mine is among the expert selection (A cut above, I think), I can trade it in tomorrow if I decide I want something better. That is huge for me. I get the full value of the ring toward a new in house diamond as early as tomorrow, or as late as 5 years!

I worked with Michelle. She is excellent. The rest of the team were excellent and patient. The business is now woman-owned I believe. Important to me. Just so unpretentious, normal, easy. Love them. I will be back for a round cut above band when I can afford it.

Sent on 04/19/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Bernardi Ture · Married on 06/01/2019

Stunning ring

The Simon G engagement ring the staff at Whiteflash helped my now-husband choose could not have been more perfect for me, and was even more stunning than a ring I would have picked out for myself (had I been involved in the process). The center stone cut is beyond flawless, my ring is constantly sparkly, and strangers regularly compliment me on the unique band and how beautiful it is. I am still as in love with it today (over a year later) as I was on the day my husband proposed.

Sent on 06/30/2019

Tom · Married on 04/29/2017

The diamond got was amazing, she gets complimented on how much sparkle there is. I found the website very informative and the staff friendly and helpful, especially buying such a large purchase based on pictures.

Sent on 01/28/2017

Alexandra · Married on 09/04/2016

Whiteflash did an amazing job with my wedding band. I wanted something a bit unusual and they were the only place that had exactly what I was looking for. They use high quality diamonds, top notch craftsmanship, and have the lowest prices compared to when I was shopping around for comparable styles. The icing on the cake was their customer service that kept reaching out to let me know when my ring was being created and when it was ready to go. They sent professional photos of my ring and tracking information and then followed up to make sure that I was happy with my purchase. Talk about great communication! I've recommended them to everyone I know!

Sent on 09/19/2016
  • Sarah Nugent

Sarah · Married on 05/30/2015

Whiteflash has the most beautiful diamonds, the most sparkly I have seen, which are also conflict free. They offer expert craftsmanship in creating your settings. I would recommend them to anyone for great value in the highest quality jewelry. I absolutely love my engagement ring! Thank you Whiteflash!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Both wedding rings and my engagement ring are from Whiteflash and I can't imagine getting them from anyone else. They are all incredibly beautiful pieces, and I still get stopped and asked about my engagement ring! Their refinishing service is amazing: my ring looked brand new. And close to our wedding day, the greeter/secretary sent us an email to wish us luck and shared one of her favorite poems about marriage. I imagine that we will want to use them for many of our jewelry needs in the future, too!

Sent on 09/20/2014

This place is absolutely amazing! My ring is gorgeous! And they did such a great job!

Sent on 04/22/2014

Lymaris · Married on 02/01/2014

Excellent service. Very accessible. Beautiful rings of a great quality.

Sent on 02/10/2014
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 10/12/2013

My now husband bought my engagement ring from WhiteFlash. He spent so much time reviewing sites, going to jewelers, and finally found the ring he knew I would love from WhiteFlash. He raved about their customer service and I absolutely loved the quality of the diamond in my ring!

Because he had purchased my engagement ring from them, I decided to reach out about my wedding band. I was torn between two styles I saw on their web site, the shared prong and the uprong! I emailed the woman who initially worked with my husband, and she responded immediately! She was so incredibly helpful, she even took pictures of the two style rings (next to a nearly identical engagement ring) so that I could see what they looked like and make a more informed decision. Since I live in MA, I wasn't able to go to their actual store in TX and was ordering entirely based on their web site.

I finally settled on the shared prong (and love it, by the way). They wrote up an invoice for me and started working on my ring! Unfortunately, my first ring didn't pass quality control (awesome that they have quality control) and they had to start over, but this delayed my delivery date. They felt so bad about it that they over-nighted my ring once it was finished to make sure that it would arrive on time for my wedding.
    When I got the ring in the mail, I was ecstatic! It's beautiful and I could not be more happier with the quality and sparkle factor.

I would highly recommend buying through WhiteFlash. They have amazing customer service and, although I was making such a large and important order online, I never once felt like I or my information was being compromised or uncomfortable working with them.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Amazing custom work and I have a one of a kind piece. They re sized for free as well.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Karen · Married on 05/19/2013

They provided great service and the diamond ring was gorgeous! I get compliments everyday. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Tiffany · Married on 05/18/2013

My fiance purchased my engagement ring from Whiteflash after I found my dream ring on their website. I saw the exact ring that I wanted on Whiteflash's custom gallery - an emerald cut diamond, with split claw prongs set in Platinum, with a plain tapered band. My fiance spoke with Sheera via their online live chat, which he said was a great tool! She helped him select an amazing diamond and talked him through the semi-custom design process. Between placing the order and picking it up at the UPS store, I believe the time was less than two weeks, which is unheard of for a semi-custom piece! The presentation of the ring and the infromation provided with it were amazing as well! We have nothing but wonderful things to say about Whiteflash and I have recommended them to friends and family. I plan to buy our weddings bands from them as well

Sent on 04/08/2012
  • jennifer

jennifer · Married on 11/30/2012

My Husband bought my engagement ring and wedding band from whiteflash and boy am I glad he did! The rings are gorgeous and they were very professional and took the time to explain all the answers my Husband needed while looking for the perfect ring. They sent detailed pictures of both rings for us to keep and wow that was amazing. If you want the best quality go with Whiteflash!

Sent on 12/16/2012

Derek · Married on 10/25/2012

This is a somewhat belated review from when I originally made the purchase in January 2012, but I figure it fits here with the rest of them!

So making any large purchase on the Internet is a very daunting process, as with anything you can't physically look at and touch for yourself, but for something as important as a diamond for an engagement ring... then you need some trustworthy eyes on it for you!

Enter Traci.....

Professional, pleasant, personable, patient, knowledgable, chatty, fun. All of those things and more! Made my Whiteflash buying experience a pleasure from start to finish.

Traci, helped me out with prices where possible...the rest of the guys kept me WELL updated with dispatch and shipping, the shipping was SUPER fast.

The diamond is rarely (if ever) NOT commented on and complimented by people, even perfect strangers refer to is extreme sparkle!

When I am in Houston next, I am taking this lady for a well deserved cocktail!

Thanks!

Sent on 02/08/2013

Got the engagement and wedding ring here. Very high quality diamonds. Great for Canadians to save money. The diamonds are much more expensive here.

Sent on 11/22/2012

Paul · Married on 06/16/2012

I was a little bit skeptical about ordering a ring online, but whiteflash was beyond professional. She loved her ring and gets compliments from strangers all the time. The value was amazing and would have cost me at last 40% more going to a retail vendor. Victoria was easy to work with and I have already recommended to other friends who are planning to get engaged.

Sent on 06/29/2012

Joyce · Married on 10/15/2011

Great custom work. Nice not to have to deal with salesmen. They are super professional and friendly.

Sent on 10/26/2011

Jacquelyn · Married on 08/17/2011

I got my wedding ring from Whiteflash. It is beautifully done, with gorgeous diamonds and very fine metalwork.

They were also great at responding to my emails and I got my ring very quickly.

Sent on 12/20/2011

Cindy · Married on 04/24/2010

I've heard a lot of good things about Whiteflash.com on different forums. Although I didn't get my engagement ring through them, I thought I'd get our wedding bands through them and they were super good. They responded fast and were well priced. And you know you're getting the best diamonds cause they only use ACA-diamonds. Also, they were willing to work on my engagement ring even though I didn't get it through them. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 05/02/2010

Andrew · Married on 04/17/2010

I''m sorry for the long delay in responding, but the engagement ring is perfect! Kim, my fiancee, loves it! The pictures that were sent to me prior to receiving the ring only hinted at the beauty that could be fully grasped in-person. I can''t really claim to fully appreciate a diamond (I''m more of a colored gemstone fan ), but after looking at the diamond and setting you and your team put together for us, I''m definitely a diamond fan now! The workmanship on the diamond and setting as an entire package was wonderful. For insurance purposes, I had the diamond appraised by an independent appraiser and he continues to be impressed by the work of Whiteflash.com. Everything from the mounting, diamond and setting quality, and craftsmanship - he complimented highly and congratulated me on an excellent purchase. The ring appraised at several thousand dollars more than when purchased - what an excellent value from Whiteflash.com. Attached is a photo of the fateful night. :-) She continues to receive compliments about the ring! Thank you, everyone, at Whiteflash!

Sent on 11/22/2010

Sarah · Married on 10/16/2009

WhiteFlash helped my husband design a BEAUTIFUL engagement ring - all online and over the phone!

Sent on 11/04/2009
  • TigerBeats

Howard · Married on 03/28/2009

We got the engagement ring there and the staff are all great.

Sent on 05/28/2009

Kelly · Married on 03/14/2009

We used Whiteflash for all our wedding jewelry after a friend of my husband's recommended them. We got our rings quickly and they are absolutely stunning. We also were able to custom order a wedding band to my specifications (we had it made in 18k gold) and it turned out amazing. This was all at a fraction of the cost of what it would have cost at a traditional jeweler (we actually found the wedding band I got for 3 times as much elsewhere). Their customer service was also amazing, calling and emailing everything promptly.

Sent on 03/24/2009

Mayme · Married on 07/05/2008

We were extremely impressed with the quality and service of Whiteflash.com. We shopped in some local stores to get an idea of what we wanted and then did comparison shopping online. It may seem crazy to buy jewelry online but once you have an idea of the cut and clarity of diamond you want you can get some great deals if you look around. Low overhead means that they don't have to mark up the jewelry as high to be able to make a profit. I chose a diamond wedding band. I could get better quality diamonds and a platinum band for less than the price of a diamond band in white gold at Robbins Bros for the same carat weight. Even the setting was superior.

When we ordered the were very good about updating us on the status of our order via email. They even sent in pictures ahead of time when they finished making the ring. They custom make each ring to order and it still arrived in a few days! I am so impressed with them and will recommend them to anyone who is looking to purchase jewelry. The have expert jewelers and they will make anything you want.

Sent on 08/09/2008

Julie · Married on 10/07/2007

A few hours ago...was a bit delayed in picking it up. I put it on for a 15 minute photo shoot and to just try it on but I''m scared to wear it. It''s in the box right now. I''m not sure what I''m afraid of....perfection? I will sent a more thought out and proper thank you to you and your team, but for now I''ll just say I am blown away by the performance of this stone. It truly makes my other one look like a dud...and it appraised very well (twice...the first time and after I reset it) and I was told it was quite a nice stone. This one blows it out of the water....truly. It looked a smidgen smaller then I had hoped for when I opened the box...but on my finger it seemed to grow (strange). It''s absolutely spectacular. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the legato head and the micro pave setting. I have already played around with the little viewer thingy that came in the box and was even able to see the arrows on the melee! Impressive! Thank you SO much for guiding me through this process and for being so patient with me! I could not be more thrilled. Excuse me while I go stare into the box some more.... :)

Sent on 11/22/2010