Whitefish Mountain Resort Reviews

Whitefish Mountain Resort 6
Whitefish Mountain Resort 7
  • Kira

Kira · Married on 09/29/2018

AMAZING!! They made planning so easy

I cannot say how nice it was to work with Sara and the Whitefish Mountain Resort team. They made everything so easy and the night ran PERFECTLY! It was freezing but they accommodated my guests and my every need. The event was beautiful and on time, the food was beyond delicious and my guests all had an unforgettable time.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Whitefish Mountain Resort's reply:

Hi Kira! We appreciate you posting a review. You and RJ were such troopers with the late season chilly weather! It was great to see you all enjoying the day and evening so much. We'll see ya on the slopes soon!

Charis · Married on 07/28/2018

We worked very closely with Sarah at Whitefish Mountain Resort and she was absolutely wonderful! We were a bit nervous to plan our mountain wedding from our home state of Minnesota, but Sarah made it a breeze. She had check-lists, timelines, and deadlines all organized to keep us on track, and she thought of things I wouldn’t have even considered. Everyone at the resort is very friendly and very helpful - the front desk staff made sure our guests got their welcome boxes, and if it was missed at check-in, they delivered the welcome boxes to each persons room. Our ceremony was held at the summit, and Sarah did a great job of setting up pieces for our unity ceremony, chairs, and she even laid out the rose petals that lined the aisle herself. She walked us through rehearsal and kept everyone on schedule! In terms of the reception - ours was held in the base lodge and it was perfect. Our guests waited and had appetizers on the patio until we arrived, and then our meal was served buffet style. All of our guests commented on how delicious and warm the food was - that was a big deal for us! Set up and take down were a breeze and aside from dropping everything off, the Whitefish Mountain Resort staff set up our signs and photos and put on all the finishing touches. We truly could not think of a better team of people or a more perfect day!

Sent on 08/18/2018
    Whitefish Mountain Resort 10
    Whitefish Mountain Resort 11
    Whitefish Mountain Resort 12
    Whitefish Mountain Resort 13
    Whitefish Mountain Resort 14
    Whitefish Mountain Resort 15

Whitefish Mountain Resort's reply:

Charis, thank you so much for posting such a great review! We had such a fun time with you guys. Our whole team here at Whitefish Mountain Resort is thrilled to hear such good feedback, and we're proud to be one of the best mountain resort wedding venues in the Northwest US. We hope to see you and Kyle back here for some winter or summer fun on the slopes!

Steven · Married on 07/06/2018

We can truly look back and know that we had the best day ever! Whitefish Mountain Resort is a dream location. The mountain is stunning, and the resort is so well run. Sarah Nuckolls is the most professional and caring person to work with. We really felt like we connected with her, and she helped settle our nerves and she was extremely responsive to our questions and needs. As a same-sex couple, we were slightly apprehensive when selecting wedding venues, but we felt so at ease with Sarah. The entire experience was positive and somewhat seamless. We hardly felt the anticipated pressures of wedding planning, and our families even worried about how things would play out. We were all stopped in our tracks, and our families were especially impressed. In addition to the mountain scenery, Whitefish Mountain Resort staff members were a dream to work with. Managers, wait staff, and all employees from the lodging desk to the ski lifts were extremely pleasant, welcoming, and helpful. We loved our selection, and we believed the cost was reasonable. I highly recommend Whitefish Mountain Resort for the ultimate destination wedding!

Sent on 08/19/2018
    Whitefish Mountain Resort 16
    Whitefish Mountain Resort 17

Whitefish Mountain Resort's reply:

Hi!! It's been so wonderful to work with you guys!! We appreciate your commentary. We feel lucky to work with such special occasions at such an awesome venue. I wish you the best always and sure hope to see you next time you're in the area!

Doug · Married on 09/02/2017

Our wedding rocked! We had so much fun and we have had multiple guests say it was the best wedding they have been to. Sarah and the whole mountain made the experience very stress free the whole time. We never had an issue working up to the wedding with communicating our ideas or working out any concerns. Sarah was really responsive with calls or emails. The day of our wedding went off without a hitch. The staff was very helpful and food was amazing. Thank you all for making our day great!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Whitefish Mountain Resort's reply:

Hey Doug! Oh goodness, you guys were so fun. I love your sense of humor! Thanks for leaving a review, and mentioning our staff and amazing food. It's great working with such a service oriented team here, and such an excellent chef! I wish you both the best, and I'll keep my eye out for you on the slopes here.

Lee · Married on 08/12/2017

Whitefish Mountain Resort was the perfect place for a wedding. Sarah did everything possible to insure that our every need was taken care of. The venue on top of the mountain was perfect for a beautiful ceremony and the Base Lodge was perfect for a fun filled reception. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that the night was one to remember.

Sent on 09/01/2017

Whitefish Mountain Resort's reply:

Thank you again for posting a review. I agree, the summit is such a beautiful venue for a special ceremony. The views in all directions are hard to beat, especially with peaks of Glacier National Park in the ceremony background. I'm so glad you all enjoyed your time here. Come back to visit again soon!

Donna · Married on 11/05/2016

If your looking for great pictures, amazing scenery and a one of a kind experience, Whitefish Mountain Resort is truly the place to book your dream wedding! The staff pays attention to detail and does an amazing job setting up the ceremony and reception area so there was no need for me to do a thing except enjoy my wedding! Chef Ben did a wonderful job in creating the perfect meal for our dinner and Sarah helped us with ideas and plans the whole way through. I couldn't of asked for a better staff or venue than Whitefish Mountain Resort!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Whitefish Mountain Resort's reply:

Donna, Thank you so much for the review! We really enjoyed helping with your wedding. All the best to you always, Sarah.

I had my DREAM wedding at Whitefish Mountain Resort. There are so many beautiful spots on the mountain (indoor or outdoor) to have your ceremony and reception. Sarah N. was such a pleasure to work with, always listening to my ideas, offering suggestions, responsive, professional & FUN! I couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. Chef Ben worked with us on creating the perfect menu. The food was some of the best I've ever had, not only for a wedding but in general. The entire staff on the day of the wedding was so pleasant and on top of it. They even had children's meals ready to go when guests sat down (something I didn't even think of but heard GREAT feedback from my guests with small children). They had everything set up perfectly, service during the reception was top notch, and everyone was friendly while interacting with guests. If I could do it all over again, I would absolutely have it at the Whitefish Mountain Resort!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Margaret · Married on 08/07/2014

Beautiful place to have a wedding!! The staff was very friendly and very helpful!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Megan · Married on 09/24/2016

I am so happy I was able to book with Whitefish Mountain Resort for our wedding. Although it was a little bit cold at the end of September it was so worth the wait!! The scenery was breathtaking as the fall colors started to show themselves. It was amazing to be able to show family and friends who have never been to Montana, what the beautiful big sky had to offer for everyone. The staff was great to work with and the chef was amazing. Being cooks ourselves, the chef really took in our insight and made a beautiful meal that our guests got to choose from to accommodate their needs. I absolutely recommend anyone who is getting married or looking for a great venue for vow renewals or whatever you want your party to be, to get ahold of WMR and I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Whitefish Mountain Resort's reply:

We really enjoyed working with you to plan your excellent dinner and wedding! Your friends and family were so helpful and fun to have around. All the best to you both!

I highly recommend the Whitefish Mountain Resort for your private event needs. We hosted our family and guests to dinner and a wedding rehearsal cocktail reception at the Big Mountain. We worked specifically with Sarah Nuckolls, who was a complete pleasure to work with and really went above and beyond to help us. Not only did Sarah help organize a great dinner and program for some speeches, but she also helped me to organize a surprise for my husband that involved me taking all our guests to the summit on the chair lifts. It was the night of July 31st and the blue moon. It was extraordinary. Overall, I received first class service, communication and follow up. I would highly recommend the facility and folks at Whitefish Mountain Resort. Thank you for making our evening fantastic!!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 09/03/2017

We had our wedding at Whitefish Mountain Resort (WMR) over Labor Day weekend this year on Sunday, 9/3/17. We chose WMR because, among other things, the venue gave us the opportunity to exchange vows on top of a mountain with views of nearby Glacier National Park!

Sarah was our main point of contact and we loved working with her. We visited Whitefish in January to do some planning with her and I would definitely recommend spending the extra money on a "planning visit", etc. to anyone wanting to host a destination wedding. Throughout the months leading up to the wedding, Sarah was very responsive and flexible, as was everyone who helped us at the resort. There was plenty of room for our 50+ guests traveling to Montana from out-of-state.

Our ceremony was on the Summit and it was absolutely beautiful. Our reception was at the Base Lodge and that, too, was wonderful. We felt we got such a great value for a destination wedding, especially compared to some of the resorts in Colorado and Wyoming, and would definitely recommend WMR to anyone looking to get married in the mountains!!!

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Whitefish Mountain Resort 25
    Whitefish Mountain Resort 26
    Whitefish Mountain Resort 27

Whitefish Mountain Resort's reply:

Hey there! Thank you so much for the reviews, and posting some photos. Your pictures are really great! The team here at Whitefish Mountain Resort is thrilled to hear your good feedback, and we're proud to offer excellent service as well as a beautiful mountain location to get married! Hope to see you both around here again for skiing or summer fun.