Whitefish Lodge & Manhattan Beach Lodge Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Bailee
    Bailee E. Married on 01/29/2022

Excellent venue - especially for an out of town crowd

Whitefish was such a great venue for my reception. I had my wedding at a nearby church, returning to the lodge from the cold was welcoming and our guests had an excellent time. Most of my guests came in from out of town, and booked out the hotel. The whole weekend felt like a celebration, it was so much fun.

Crystal and her team do a fantastic job. She's responsive, flexible, and makes the process easy and enjoyable. Her recommended vendors are great as well, I hired the DJ, hair/makeup, and flowers from her preferred vendor list, they all did a great job, and were familiar with the venue, so the day-of was a breeze and required little additional coordination.
  • Nicolette
    Nicolette Married on 12/18/2021

Beautiful Lodge & Perfect Wedding Venue

We had both our wedding ceremony and our reception at Whitefish Lodge. The lodge was absolutely stunning and beautifully decorated for the holiday season. All of our guests complemented the lodge and the service the Whitefish Staff provided! Our guests children loved the pool and the arcade! The Event Manager, Crystal, was so knowledgeable and responded to every questions/request that I had. There are so many beautiful areas indoors and outdoors for photographs! All the Whitefish Staff helped provide a wonderful weekend for us and we cannot wait to go back and celebrate many wedding anniversaries here!
  • Emily
    Emily F. Married on 06/26/2021

Best day at Manhattan Beach

We had our wedding at Manhattan Beach Lodge in June 2021. It was the best day ever! We worked with Crystal for over a year to plan our day. She was so helpful, knowledgeable and easy to work with, and she really took the stress out of wedding planning. All of the staff was so wonderful and kept the day moving smoothly. All of our guests raved about the day, the food and the location, saying it was the best wedding (and food) they've ever been to. I couldn't recommend this location more, it truly is the best place to get married!
    Jessica F. Married on 06/19/2021

Beautiful, enjoyable, seamless.

Manhattan Beach Lodge is a local vendor that has always held a special place in our hearts. Crystal and her team did an excellent job planning and executing our wedding needs. The weekend was seamless and beyond beautiful! Thanks MBL!
    Jennifer Married on 06/05/2021

Dream Wedding

Can’t say enough good things! Great location at Manhattan Beach Lodge on the lake, beautiful garden/dance room, awesome food (walleye was our favorite!), and wonderful venue host, Crystal, who didn’t miss a beat. The servers were attentive and friendly, which was also great. Our day went so smoothly and everything was perfect!
  • Lyndsy
    Lyndsy J. Married on 05/15/2021

Early Spring Wedding

We were married on May 15th 2021 at Manhatten Beach and our reception was at Whitefish Lodge and suites. We got countless compliments on our food and the venues. It was a perfect day that was only made better by the attentiveness of Crystal, she made sure everything was in place and where it needed to be I had zero worries and nee everything would be exactly what we wanted. Best wedding day ever!!
  • Andrea
    Andrea R. Married on 11/07/2020

Absolutely loved this venue!

LOVED this venue and would highly recommend. Crystal was amazing to work with. She was very quick to respond to my questions, very organized, and on top of everything for us. We had a lot of family and friends come up Friday for our rehearsal dinner and hangout. It was awesome to have the whole place to ourselves for the weekend. We received so many compliments about how great the food was, how clean the venue was, and how beautiful the whole property is. We chose the highest package which included centerpieces and loved them. The venue staff sets everything up that is in your package, and also takes it down. I loved being able to enjoy our entire reception and clean up my additional decor the next morning. The space itself is gorgeous and I only added minimal decor in addition to my package. I am so happy we chose Whitefish for our wedding and would highly recommend it!
    Jen Married on 10/03/2020

Couldn't have asked for more!

I can't recommend Whitefish Lodge enough! An absolute dream to work with! We never once heard the word no. Every request was fulfilled without complaint. They even warmed up the pool water for us! The grounds and interior are breathtaking! The staff was always smiling, ready to help with anything. Our wedding was 3 weeks ago and our guests are STILL talking about the amazing time they had. We are even thinking of a group trip back to Whitefish with our wedding party for our 1 year anniversary! I honestly cannot think of 1 thing that I would change or do differently. Our 5 days with Whitefish were perfect beyond our dreams and we're so sad that it's over! If you're looking for an up north, all inclusive getaway for your wedding, it doesn't get any better than Whitefish Lodge. They literally have it all!
    Ashley Married on 01/25/2020

Beautiful place!

We were so happy with our venue! It’s so beautiful. Crystal was amazing to work with! She made the distance it was from us to the venue so easy and seamless for getting details figured out.
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 12/28/2019

Wonderful Winter Wedding

Whitefish Lodge and Suites could not have been a more of a perfect place for my husband and I to get married. The venue itself is encompassed in this beautiful lodge with an outdoor theme throughout the entire place. The ceremony and reception itself are all located in the same area. All of my guests could not stop complimenting on how beautiful the lodge looked. Our experience with Whitefish lodge was great. Crystal was awesome to work with. She ensured we had a flawless day and we did not have to worry about any of the small details our day had involved. It was a great feeling knowing Crystal was going to take care of us. Even though we had an ice storm/snowstorm that day our guests were still taken care of. Our wedding day was magical and would not change it for the world. Overall, we would recommend them to anyone wanting a wedding with a touch of the outdoors. I HIGHLY recommend Whitefish Lodge and Suites for your dream wedding.
  • Bernadette
    Bernadette P. Married on 10/12/2019

Stress-free & Fun

Working with Crystal Glaser throughout our wedding planning was flawless and wonderful and so much fun! She was incredibly responsive and accommodating, we never waited longer than a day to get a response back on something or even if she needed to get back to us, she would respond to let us know she was working on it, she was always keeping us in the loop. We didn't have to worry about anything, she never skipped a beat on any of the details. She made it stress-free, you knew she had it all handled. The flexibility she has to make just about anything happen is amazing, she set up an impromptu ceremony for us (that we had planned the day before) in less than 12 hours, there isn't anything that throws her off, she will do whatever she can to be able to accommodate what you need to make it your perfect day! We had our wedding at Manhattan Beach Lodge, the food is fantastic and the setting there is perfect and so beautiful right on the lake! We would absolutely recommend working with Crystal, we had an incredible experience and were so happy with everything! We would not have changed a thing!
  • Allysa
    Allysa Married on 02/09/2019

Beautiful Venue

Whitefish Lodge & Suites was a wonderful wedding experience! Crystal was there throughout the entire engagement to answer any questions, and was especially helpful the weekend of! The Whitefish team was so professional and wonderful during the ceremony and reception and everything went off without a hitch! The ceremony space was GORGEOUS and was everything we ever wanted! One thing that was tricky was getting ready at the venue, just because I opted to bring in a hair and makeup team, be sure to be prepared with floor length mirrors!! 😊Everything else was TOP NOTCH!
    Jessica Married on 12/01/2018

Wonderful Winter Wedding

Whitefish Lodge and Suites was a remarkable place for my husband and I to get married. The location is beautiful and ideal. We chose to have the ceremony at the Lodge so everything was in one place. All of our guest couldn't stop complimenting the décor and beauty of the Lodge and to make it even better, Crystal and the whole staff were a pleasure to work with. They went above and beyond to accommodate ALL of our needs. I wouldn't change a single thing about our wedding and a huge part of that is because of our beautiful venue. I HIGHLY recommend Whitefish Lodge and Suites for your dream wedding.
    Britt A. Married on 11/03/2018

Magical Wedding Experience

Crystal Glaser at Manhattan Beach Lodge was a dream to work with! I have been going to Manhattan’s for dinner since I was a child. When I became engaged last year, my fiance and I both immediately wanted it to be the venue for our ceremony and reception. Crystal worked with us every step of the way regarding food, set-up, lodging for our guests, indoor vs. outdoor ceremony, etc. She made suggestions, offered her insight and expertise, and recommended local vendors that were all superb. She answered my (many) questions and never made me feel like I was “high maintenance.” Crystal and her event team are clearly a well oiled machine and the food was amazing too! Daryl, the Bartender was also a champ! He was hilarious and so kind to all of our guests, even as the night got later and we got louder. Our wedding was everything we could have wanted and more. Thank you to the entire team at Manhattan Beach Lodge! It was a day we will never forget and we will be back for dinner soon!
    Makayla Married on 10/06/2018

Fall Wedding

Absolutely amazing! Crystal made the process so smooth, answered all my questions in a timely manner, and made al my requests possible! I also appreciated that some details could be decided the week of/ day of, because things come up and it was nice how flexible Whitefish is! And on top of that the food was amazing!!
    Sarah Married on 09/22/2018
    Amazing experience start to finish!
    Everything was PERFECT, beautiful and went so smooth! We highly recommend Crystal and Whitefish Lodge to anyone looking for the best venue around! Crystals experience, advice and guidance was so special and could not have done it without her! Thank you!
    Jessica Married on 09/08/2018
    The Whitefish Lodge was the perfect venue for our wedding. It was so convenient to have everything in one location. And our wedding coordinator Crystal Glaser made planning everything a breeze! She has a lot of experience and is there to help you every step of the way!
    Deanna T. Married on 08/25/2018

Fairy-Tale Wedding a Reality

Our entire experience with Whitefish Properties was absolutely fabulous - from our first steps onto the venue to our last. The on-site coordinator, Crystal, truly helped make my fairy-tale wedding a reality! Two months after the wedding and I am still hearing positive comments from our family and friends that attended.

We had our ceremony for 170 people outside at Manhattan Beach with the wedding party on the dock. We then held our reception at Whitefish Lodge & Suites. We had Whitefish Lodge & Suites completely booked on Saturday, and mostly booked on Friday evening. This really made this a destination wedding feel for the wedding party and the guests.

Crystal and the rest of the folks at Whitefish/Manhattan made our wedding planning and coordination so easy, which was so greatly appreciated! Everyone was very easy to work with and always accessible with very quick turnaround with communication, which was crucial since we were planning our up north destination wedding from the Maple Grove area.

From the minute we arrived for our wedding weekend, everything went extremely smooth and that would not have been possible without Crystal and the rest of the folks at Whitefish Properties. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone looking to plan an up north destination wedding! We truly lucked out finding this venue and will definitely be frequent visitors!
    Tori Married on 08/11/2018
    We had our wedding reception at Whitefish Lodge & Suites in August 2018 and it was AMAZING! The staff at the lodge were so accommodating to the requests and needs of myself and our guests for the entire weekend.

With our wedding being somewhat of a destination for almost all of our guests, many decided to make a weekend out of it and arrived the day before. We used the outdoor space behind the lodge to set up yard games, a root beer float social, and pizzas (Rafferty’s Pizza is located across the street). It was like two big family reunions/mixer the night before the actual wedding and the space at Whitefish Lodge couldn’t have been more perfect for that!

The day of our wedding, Crystal and staff took care of details that I didn’t even know to think about. The banquet room was perfect for our wedding of 150 people because everyone was having fun in the same space whether they were chatting at the tables, getting a drink from the bar, or dancing to the music.

One of the things we loved most about having our wedding at Whitefish Lodge was its quaintness. With approximately 50 rooms, our wedding guests booked out nearly the entire lodge the night of the wedding so it felt super exclusive. It was so easy to customize our wedding weekend with Crystal and I don’t think we would have been able to do that if we had selected a larger hotel or resort that hosts multiple weddings a day.

All in all, everything went smoothly the entire weekend and the amount of fun we all had really reflected that. Crystal and the staff at Whitefish are some of the best and they really made us feel like we were their top priority from the early planning stages to the day of the actual wedding. I have heard nothing but positive comments from our family and friends and would absolutely recommend Whitefish Lodge & Suites!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 06/30/2018

Wonderful Experience

Beautiful area and location, Crystal is always ready to help and very quick to email you back about any questions you have, she goes above and beyond. One of my easiest vendors to deal with! Everything ran smoothly on our wedding day thanks to Crystal. (Even when there were a few issues with lost bridesmaids!) The food is also wonderful and plenty of choices.
    Shelby Married on 06/23/2018
    My husband and I are so happy we chose Whitefish Lodge and Suites as our wedding and reception venue. It was so convenient to have everything in one spot. Working with Crystal was easy, she helped make our wedding day perfect! All of the details turned out exactly the way we wanted them to. The year of planning we had and our wedding day ran smoothly due to her guidance. We are so thankful!
    Dani Married on 05/19/2018
    Crystal was INCREDIBLE to work with! She made everything so simple especially when planning from 3 hours away. She's so quick to respond and completely put our minds at ease whenever we had a concern pop up.

We had our ceremony outside at Manhattan Beach and guests loved that they could grab a drink at the Tiki bar beforehand. The lake provided a beautiful backdrop!

Our reception at Whitefish was everything we could have imagined. When we arrived to start setting up, all the tables, chairs and linens were already ready to go. They even provided decor as a part of their package offerings. The day-of ran so smoothly because of Crystal and her team. Even with a few hiccups on our end, it was so stress-free and Crystal made sure we didn't have a care in the world during our special day. Everyone loved the food and so many people are still talking about how great the venue was. Whitefish even put up signage to wish our guests "safe travels" afterwards, which was a super sweet touch. We truly can't recommend Crystal, Whitefish & Manhattan Beach enough!
    Marie Married on 05/05/2018
    From the very first meeting to the day of, Crystal made everything as fun, smooth, and easy as possible. The venue was beautiful, filled with personal touches for our special day. Everything moved seamlessly and I was able to enjoy my day because Crystal took care of everything. The entire staff was friendly, the lodge was very clean, the food was good, and it was exactly what we wanted! It was so nice to have the entire lodge for the whole weekend. I cannot possibly say enough good things about Whitefish Lodge, the staff, and especially Crystal. You DEFINITELY want to have your wedding here!
    Molly Married on 04/14/2018
    We literally had the BEST wedding ever at Whitefish Lodge April 14, 2018. From the moment we got there, I didn't have to worry about a thing! From the beginning, the staff was more than accommodating. Crystal was there for us every step of the way throughout the weekend. As a bride, I didn't have a care in the world, and was stress free (hard for a bride to say) the whole weekend so I could focus on spending time with my guests. The banquet hall was beautiful from the start, and the staff did everything for us to make our decorating that much easier! The food was perfect and everyone loved the appetizers we had for cocktail hour. Everything was literally perfect, and we had no worries the whole weekend, except for the epic snowstorm in April in Minnesota :)! Our guests couldn't get over how beautiful the lodge was, and how beautiful clean the rooms are. The kids loved the pool and arcade, and even the adults loved the arcade! We were even able to use the lodge for Friday to entertain our guests with the great pizza place across the street (Rafferty's) and let us have alcohol onsite! I also heard from numerous guests that this was the best wedding they had ever been to! We highly highly recommend Whitefish Lodge for weddings, and will be staying there on our anniversaries for years to come! Thanks again Whitefish!
    Jenny Married on 02/17/2018
    We can’t say enough about the WhiteFish Lodge and Crystal. I (the bride) didn’t worry about a thing the whole weekend. They listened to our ideas and suggested their own. It was perfect! We would recommend them to everyone!